Super Mario 2

Wait, what the fuck. Not this shit again Japan. So why was it all a dream then? who the fuck is Wart? I know the Mario 2 USA isn't the real Mario 2, but what the fuck was Nintendo thinking?

It was real. Just Freddy Krueger-esque.

Did you even see the intro? It says it was a dream.
I liked it because it actually felt like a platformer.

Post Birdo

I don't get it, did you not know this or are you pretending to be in 80s like some cuckchan retard?

It was all a dream because it plays nothing like a real Mario game because it's based on a not-Mario game
Funnily enough, Wart also shows up in another Nintendo game that takes place within a dream.
Where were you when you realised Wart is Nintendo's Freddy Krueger?

Just when I thought a woman couldn't have better dick sucking lips than Wendy.

REMOVE HOMOSEXUALS

Its really stange what happened with SMB2/DDP Enemies.
Some became series mainstays. (Birdo, Shyguys, Bobomb)
While others basically never appeared again. (Fryguy, Clawgrip, Mouser, Triclyde, Phanto, ect)

But she's a girl tho.
Retcons fix everything.

Fucking degenerates

Nintendo confirmed for shitlords.

But that's Ostro, not Birdo

Birdo is the new female name xe decided to take for xirself. How progressive of you to notice.

quality thread

It WAS supposed to be a "real" Mario game, before Nintendo's execs stupidly promised to produce a game as a tie-in to a event that was like two months away.

Realizing the execs had made an impossible promise (and already pocketed the money), the programmers hastily turned what was SUPPOSED to be Mario 2 into Doki Doki Panic, left Miyamoto in charge of that, and had the rest of the team hastily slap a bunch of rejected levels from the original Super Mario Bros together, add Luigi in there, and half-assedly released that on their Disk System platform as "Super Mario Bros 2".

Super Mario USA IS the "real" Mario 2, which is why several enemies such as Bob-ombs and Shyguys carried forward into later games, as well as some mechanics like carrying/throwing items. (And why even Doki Doki Panic had POW blocks, invincibility stars, and other "Mario" things in it - leftovers from its origin as a Mario game.)

And yes, it was a dream. Mario 2 took place in Subcon, the world of dreams. They outright tell you this in the intro.

That ass looks off center

Wasn't Subcon the name of the minus world in SMB1?

Oh no wait, Subconscious, I just got it.

Its a great game & superior to lost levels and smb3 in my opinion

Whats wrong with (you) people?

This is a version of events I have not heard before. I was under the impression that Super Mario Bros 2 Japan was marketed as less of a sequel and more of an expansion pack, designed to be super difficult for people who had mastered SMB1 and wanted a challenge. But since Japanese games were coming out in America like two years after they were released in Japan, by the time SMB2 Japan would have come out in America, it would be outdated. Also America was still recovering from the games crash and the NES was just starting to take off, and the last thing that Nintendo wanted to do was associate Mario with a super-difficult, super-inaccessible game. So they reskinned Doki Doki Panic and used that instead.

Honestly though your version makes more sense. Do you have any sources to back it up though?

Super Mario USA was considered too different for eastern audiences as far as a sequel go and it was turned into a licensed game (which isn't uncommon even at the time) once it was converted back into a mario game since it was popular with eastern audience and shipped to the states as Mario 2, Now mario 2 JP was made to give something to the eastern players that wasn't doki doki but the flagship character mario.

This sounds like some flat earth theory level shit, not sure if I believe you. Interesting if true, though.

jej

The actual reason SMB2 Japan never got a release in the west from Howard's mouth was that "the game required too many leaps of faith".

But that's wrong and it was real, the jap 2 was a lazy romhack.

Fuck that guy.

Miyamoto was uninvolved with the "real" Super Mario Bros. 2, and considers the international edition of Doki Doki Panic to be the true SMB2.
He was actually developing DDP as SMB2 before Nintendo took a contract to make a tie-in game for a convention's mascots. The international version basically just used the original assets

Nester you ungrateful faggot get gud then get out

Here's a nice video that explains the history behind the game.

none of the other mario games past the first are real either

I played that and it was shit by comparison.
I like the Super Mario All-Stars version the best because "muh graphics" but mechanically the NES version is best. In the NES version you can move so fast that you can actually jump on top of an object you've just thrown like you're motherfucking Tao Pai Pai.

That's General Tao

Because the real SMB2 was shit. It didn't feel like a true sequel to the original. It was more like DLC than anything else. It was also way too hard for its' own good. Nintendo made the right decision by puting out SMB USA instead.

How the fuck are there still people who don't know this? If I click on one more video that mentions Mario 2 and has to take the time to talk about Doki Doki Panic like it's some astounding new fact, I'm going to scream.

Please tell me that's a real skin for him

Super Mario Bros 3 was just a play.

It has stage play aesthetics but it's not like an actual play

Birdo is a crossdresser or possibly trans; doesn't make him gay. There is nothing to support that.

Crossdressing is transphobic

Ostro looks like the sort of ostrich who would dress up as a woman. Faggot ratite pretends to be a flamingo. Don't know why the manual has a picture of Birdo next to a description of Ostro though.

The Japanese manuals from later games confirm he's not only a tranny but fucking Yoshi.
i wonder who's taking the dick
i wonder who's eggs yoshi is laying just curious
haha

They just swapped the names by mistake, it says Birdo for the picture of Ostro too.

Do you think birdo and yoshi pass eggs back and forth haha

Does this count as cuckoldry

You can get onto an object youve thrown in the snes super mario brothers all star versiof mario 2 as well. Its not exclusive to the nes version.

))((
Forever

So wait is Birdo's vagina on his face?

What's wrong with you?