S.T.A.L.K.E.R General

Just finished AA2, it has some real issues at the push to the Chernobyl nuclear facility, the vegetation covers Monolith Snipers that kill you in nearly one hit and while you can't see them they can certainly kill you, Helicopters will target you more than usual and the Military is so shittily equipped they're dead 2 seconds after they appear on the map by the heavily armored and equipped Monolith soldiers.

Shit's hard bros. frustratingly hard, your best bet is to just run even with top tier gear, even with Exosqueletons and damage soaking artifacts that section will fuck your ass hard in AA2, more than usual.

Still, the mod is highly enjoyable, really nice asthetics, item and gun models.
Plus top tier music

Also, what mod should I play next based on personal experience?

ur gay

It's been a general for quite a while user
Despite the designation triggering 7 kinds of people here.

I've been playing CoM, recently, However Misery is shit, I can't get the same experience through other mods as they usually make things easier.

Les Misrebeles was a perfect balance but there isn't one for CoM apparently.

I've been thinking of replaying call of pripyat for a bit. I dropped shadow of chernobyl during my playthrough last year, vanilla game just got boring to me over the years. Any good mods that make the cop game play more interesting? Something to make it feel a little fresher?

SGM

I actually replay SoC every summer with a different mod.
Rarely do I go back to vanilla nowadays due to all the high quality mods coming out and spoiling me.

I like to see occasionally if the base game holds up very well for a lot of games I used to like. Stalker SoC definitely doesn't.

any recommended version? Looks like there's a few on moddb.

I'd argue that it does, just not on vegetation, weapon models and animations.
Everything else is top tier and extremely unique and enjoyable.

You can probably just edit CoM to do what you want, it's mostly opening text files and changing numbers. What exactly are you wanting changed?

Call of Chernobyl new version when?

But user, 1.5 is already out in Beta

Honestly I'd trade Ray of Hope and Gunslinger for a revived Wormwood/Redux 2.0

What are some add-ons that make CoC a long and comfy, but hardcore experience? I'm leaning towards Last Day, but I'm sure there has to be a better option.

Certain mutants needing a fucking tier of knife to be equipped to skin mutants, I killed a super mutant, 5 minutes in and realized I wasted nearly 10k RU of ammo Just for a mutant I can't skin.

Then the exorbitant fees for everything, and inability to sell guns unless they are 90%> tip top shape

Also these before somebody asks even though they will anyway.

Stalkersoup :^)

This is why Misery becomes a fucking chore, it's MMO tier.
Plus most shit makes no sense, Beard and Owl have all the tools to clean, repair and maintain these weapons and anything thats close to half is barred from being bought, it makes no sense and bars you from actually making choices at the beginning of the game.

That I don't know how to fix easily.
This is pretty easily fixed however if you're willing to just edit some values. I'd download notepad++ or something to make it easier but plain old notepad will work just fine.

I'm out of the loop on recent CoC mods I'm afraid but Drx + Lost to the Zone + Lost to the Zone LL is fairly standard.

First you need to go to gamedata\configs\misc\trade in your CoC directory.
Then open up each trader file (e.g. trade_bandit, trade_barman) and find the line buy_item_condition_factor (should be near the top).
Whatever number that is is what % condition they'll buy at so 0.6 means 60% or more, 1.0 means 100% only etc. Change it to what you want and save the file then do it for the remaining traders.
The second image is what this will look like in notepad++ and the third in plain old notepad, either will work.

This is why its retarded and I will beat the fucking stupid shit Misery dev when I meet him at a convention.

Oh and as for the costs and so on you can edit those too, hell you can google 'stalker Call of Chernobyl edit trader costs' or whatever and find it. It's all simple editing like this. You can also toy with carry weights etc and pretty much any variable you want. The unfucker mods are generally just doing this all for you with tested values. I don't know how Misery impliments things like different knives for each mutant and so on but maybe what mutants it can be used on is stored in a text file too and you can edit that easily.

Thinking on it a bit more you might be able to just reduce the base costs of those items to 1RU which would be much faster than editing the trader files (they'd still cost a bit more than 1 RU when you actually buy them for reasons but it'd help). It would simply be a matter of locating where the files are. You'd expect the knives to be in gamedata\configs\weapons then you just have to open it and find the line for 'cost' and edit that value to be 1.

Looks to me like most mods store the variations of knives under the w_knife.ltx file, scroll through that and edit all the costs lines to be = 1.

Shit game

Shitpost

nah, it hasn't held up for 10 years. It's become a basic iron sight shooter with a few under utilized gimmick hazards and enemies. artifacts are useless except for flash type ones, and the combat sure as hell isn't outstanding. I'll try SGM 2.2.

Fuck that, let it die
Its already dead, it just doesn't know it
Talking about mods stuck in the Never Ever realm:
Would like to have the newest version of SHOKER with CoC.
RIP TAZ and a chance for a CoC version, Dev notebook died.
At least Radium has a chance to come into existence.

The basic iron sight shooter an arcadey consolized Call of Duty clone that has nothing to do with Stalker, it's ballistics are still pretty impressive to this day.
How the hell are they under utilized?
They're all over the games
It's, like you never played the game
Besides, plenty of facets of the game still hold up to this day.

Why?
It's looking pretty goo
Guy is animating and coding said animations to an outdated engine all by himself on his free time.
That shit can+'t be easy, doesn't mean it's dead yet.
Yeah,I've been waiting for 3.0 for a while, it's also taking forever though.
Meh

I've picked up Lost Alpha again. Last I played was in 2014, right after release. Damn, did it come far. The gunplay is fantastic, the bugs are ironed out, the graphics are overhauled, they added extra NPCs and what feels like extra quests, it's an all-around better experience. The story is still awful as far as I can tell, and side areas are still locked off behind main story triggers, which in turn triggers me, but I can deal because otherwise the experience is really good.

It's S.T.A.L.K.E.R expecting otherwise even from a mod is pretty naive.

actually Shadow of Chernobyl had at least somewhat ok written narrative that was going somewhere

It has some good plot points like finding out the caches of your past companions and picking up what your past self was trying to a accomplish.
But the main storyline wasn't that well presented or even that creative.

Aside the bad story, the cutscenes were so shitty with some being cringe.
And did anyone test the extender addon ?

SoC's story didn't progress much until the latter half, but it was accentuated pretty well by the atmosphere, especially the final stretch. It's not a bad story at all.
The story in the other two games though are pretty bad. CS is essentially just a retread of SoC where even less happens, and CoP boils down to

When a mod goes out of its way to make a story an absolute cringefest, SoC's story becomes a literaly masterpiece by comparison. Monolith is Illuminati, for fuck's sake.

And yes, the cutscenes are awful. Especially in the labs. Do you remember X16, with its flashback sequences? That handshake? Good god.

When did AA remove suit arms? I spent about 20 hours believing I fucked up the install until I found the FAQ on modDB.

They removed a ton of shit in 2.2 for stability, including suit arms and emissions.

Been waiting on like 4 mods to finish for awhile, most of the devs only work on em in the summer. And one of em is turning out to be a class-A Moroccan jew

Daily reminder they LIED about remaking old SOC based on alphas and made shitty fanfiction, LIED about gsc helping and giving them money/rights to publish and sell, LIED about it being "leaked" and the fake deal being canceled to cover it up, forced a shit patch that removed audio settings like EAX for no reason, and screeched at people for pointing out bugs with evidence of their existence.

Aw, man, RIP Wormwood.

MLR 8.3 is decent, but starting as a ecologist in Yanov is a pain the ass. I liked how it feature the alpha maps and improves upon.

Best addons for COC? Running STCoP weapons atm

Outfit addon, Dr.X questlines + both Lost to the Zone mods, maybe Immersive Fast Travel if you're interested in a fast travel option. Besides that just look through the other addons and pick and choose what sounds good/is compatible

>psionics exist, and more importantly everyone's minds are combined together in a giant field of psionic energy surrounding the Earth
>Soviets attempt to use the power of said psionic field to change human nature, eliminating human flaws and vices by targeting the minds that comprise that psionic field - instead their use the power of said psionic field inadvertently tears open a hole in the fabric of reality
>now, with that hole in the fabric of reality slowly enveloping the Earth, they're panicking, desperately trying to find some kind of solution to the mess they've created before it destroys humanity, the Earth, and potentially the universe - and then along comes Strelok
Pick fucking one.

Might want the tweak for STCoP.

2.1 is better, my man. 2.2 not only has an annoying start in the swamps that has you running around like an idiot playing postal service for the npcs constantly, they also changed a lot of other stuff and it's simply inferior to 2.1.

Get the NPC accuracy tweak, W.A.R.F.I.G.H.T.E.R. and Stalker tweaks.

Meant to quote

Never ever?

Pretty frustrating tbh

How? I thought the only 5.45 groza was on the dude outside of bar.

Pleb-tier.

Whatever you choose, expect the game to completely break within 20 hours.

Sid will sometimes sell it before you finish the first quest (rescue nimble) but you'll have to grind a fair bit to get the cash for it.

darn shes cute, what do think it would smell like if she had a baby haha

Is warfighter even compatible with STCoP?

I use it with STCoP, and haven't had any issues.

Is there any where I can pirate Shadow of Chernobyl with out having to use TBP?

This board is fucked

TPB sorry.

We have a share thread newfag
Go there and read the OP
And I mean really read the OP
goodolddownloads

Thanks!

I've tried playing SoC multiple times and really liked the atmosphere and environments but the gameplay felt really shitty and frustrating with enemies aimbotting me from far away. Felt like I was quick loading gunfights over and over again and only winning through lucky shots/cheesing. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is it just not for me?

I have a rope and I'm not afraid to neck myself.

Then again maybe that first part of the premise is just ripped off from Serial Experiments Lain :^)

Muh noosphere long pre-dates Lain user.

Are you playing on Master difficulty? You should.

This meme just won't go away.

TOP TEN DISAPPOINTMENTS IN ANIME
Just finished the game last night.
SPOILERS

What a fucking let down.

"Chernoby, Where man created Hell" - back of the box

You only have yourself to blame

Consider playing Survival Crisis Z. It's sort of a proto-STALKER from 2004 that takes things a bit closer to what I think you're looking for.

Reminder that we've been awash with redditors for a long time and they still don't know fucking board courtesy. There was an admitted redditor in the /agdg/ thread. It made me want to break off from Holla Forums and go to greener pastures because god knows that Mark won't do anything

Is there a way to get the knife besides from Volk? He doesn't give it to you if you don't talk to him before you rescue Shustree.

I'm not a redditor and I'm not going to spoiler almost my entire post.
The game is 11 years old. Who besides me would go to a S.T.A.L.E.R. thread without actually having finished the first game.

That doesn't look anything at all like S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Do you want your cosmic horror STALKER or not?

We regularly get anons in here asking about 'how do I start playing these games' and it's just common courtesy to do in my opinion, same as saging when off-topic or doublepost/tripleposting. Also really, if you were reading the PDA all game you should have known it was scientistis/secret Soviet experiments before you even met Monolith fags. That, crazy conspires, muh noosphere etc are pretty common themes in slav SF and SoC is unashamedly slavic.

Git gud.

It won't be as good as Wormwood was going to be anyway.

Has the ray of hope user come to post more info?
Is it still a fucking mess?

Pretty sure there's no hope for it anymore user.

One of you guys played Radiophobia yet? Is it any good?

Isn't that buggy mess getting a more stable sequel?

this just put me in the best mood ever

CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE

He made one or two unenthusiastic damage control posts and then made his way to darkscape to try to escape the shame. I don't think even he knew the true jewish agenda of the RoH devs.

Unless they say "mods and local hosting allowed and supported from first release" RoH is basically dead.

Tbh I half expect that their next announcement will be a battle royal mode.

The zone was supposed to be free of merchants.

>Wish for multiplayer STALKER well it had multiplayer already but you know what I mean
Not a surprise really.

I tried but it crashed on launch. Acording to the mod page there's a new version coming out this spring. He's removed RMA but added some other quests to compensate.

Maybe this time I'll play until the bar before a gamebreaking bug.

wtf happened, I need a recap. One moment I'm reading about how S.T.A.L.K.E.R. multiplay is making strides now I read that the devs decided that they prefer money over respect and now have neither those things nor a project to deliver.

I'm pretty ok with needing a good knife to skin. What I dislike is it breaking so quickly. You can't even sharpen it yourself you have to take it to a mechanic for that.

If the modders knew more about outdoors-life maybe they wouldn't have so many retarded and immersion breaking design choices.

They might actually need the money to finish the mod if they're working full or even part time on it.

Right, because all a passion project needs to actually get finished is more money.

Jewish modders, it happens depressingly often with slav mod teams.

Last year the English reps of RoH announced that RoH would be official servers only (in order to maintain their vision). So no mods and no coop with bros. STALKER with no mods and being forced to play with random retards looking for the next open-world survival deathmatch. The Russian side claimed "communication problems" and said that it was always going to be survival deathmatch, never coop.

Anyway, there was a big backlash, everyone said "dropped", both here and on ModDB. The RoH team then made a public statement in response and suddenly they were saying things like (((maybe))) there would be local hosting and mods later on. Very obvious damage control with no promises.

The shill made about 2 posts where he claimed that playing a game online with your friends is automatically coop. Then he just vanished and has not answered a single question or made a single appearance since. I think even he was deceived by the dev team.

tl;dr RoH is an intentionally limited DayZ clone, everyone said "no thanks" and the shill disappeared due to the overwhelming shame

I'll be honest I think that public run servers are fucking cancer when it comes to these kinds of games, mainly because whats stopping groups for setting up a server, locking it and spending about an hour or so gearing up and tkaing the best shit before opening the server.

With DayZ this actually happened with a few servers where they would close it down, take gear and vehicles especially and move em to a camp they built up off map and then open the server.

The no Co-op thing is shit no defending that