Games Set on Classical Antiquity

so what good games do you know that are set on Classical antiquity?

ETIMOS

Daily reminder.

Titan Quest.

fvck off gayvs phallvs, i shit on yov and yovr civilization ps. learn how to write properly instead of writing meme characters
t. edgyptians

Age of Empires I and Age of Mythology.

Empire Earth, the best game ever made IMO.

Jupiter not ra, ok?

Take your faggot gods and go be fags with a barbarian or something, peninsular scum.

Rome: Total War with the Europa Barbarorum mod.

Checked. Don't forget Caesar, and zeus&poseidon.

Classical Antiquity is shit, you prissy neo-faggots don't even have marshlands, cedar forests or ziggurats. Minos wasn't even a cuckold speckle in his poor dad's eye when the Ensi Lugal ruled the whole of the land. No wonder those Egypto-faggots bow to you: you are so impressive in your man-loving that they can not compare to you. Babylon strong! Assyrian pride world wide! Free Canaan!
*infernal horns intensify*

Rome is best :DD and legions :DDD

also, Ryse Son of Rome

The improvements from having a better engine are immense.

Do you even Θωθ?

But the Romans combined the two figures into Serapis.

Shit thats the greeks not the romans, sorry.

(dubs checked)

I don't even know what to say about this heretical kikery.

Who would win in a fight, Alexander the Great or Cyrus the Great?

IIRC, the Romans never really knew much about Odin. They thought he was Mercury/Hermes at first.

That's been done to death. What needs to be done is a first person fighter/simulator. Participating in a phalanx, slinging rocks, being part of the cavalry engaging in flanking maneuvers. Ideally even routing the enemy and/or besieging their capitals. There isn't a single game that tries to reflect how crazy ancient warfare was without being Hollywood-tier bullshit like that Xbone launch game.

I mean can't get better than Rome Total War.

Too bad Rome 2 sucks.

Attila is good though, but it's post classical antiquity and more early Dark Age.

It really isn't crazy.

In fact, everyone would know it by now due to various strategy games.

As master of magic and air it's not a bad equivalency for them to settle on, but it misses the element of furor for which he is so named. Closest analogue for Odin is the old vedic Varuna.

The closet you'll ever get to having a first person game where you stand shoulder-to-shoulder in an infantry line is Mount & Blade.

wew

Nigger please. Seeing a war elephant in an RTS doesn't have nearly the same impact as seeing one from the perspective of a foot soldier. Likewise on the sea, boarding another ship or being rammed wouldn't be nearly as fucking terrifying from a top-down perspective.

You're right, time to reinstall. Maybe there's an ancient war mod by now.

What an exciting experience.

What an exciting experience.

Cultures

Imperium Universalis, it's a mod for EU4

What is aiming at distant targets and functional variety. If you use CoD as your basis for shooters then of course they're going to be shitty, just like the idea of playing a single man in a unit who's primary form of combat was sticking close together and letting the enemy impale themselves on your spear.

I can think of this series of games by Haemimont Games.

In the third game you can play as Republican Rome, Imperial Rome, Germania, Carthage, Iberia, Egypt, Britain and Gaul. The first games have less fractions, but you can try them too if you care about the story modes in there.

I remenber having imperivm as a kid and not liking it at all because it wasnt AoE, my dad di play it alot though.

Why play the cucks of history?

Isn't there a goat somewhere you should be fucking?

No, I shall be plowing my barley fields, my wife, and the temple harlot, boy-loving nance.

Who is that semen demon on the left

We need more pre-modern historical settings in games in general. Pretty much everything is either just medivial europe or feudal japan. That being said, the classical Mediterranean is probably the most common pre-modern history setting after those.

Mesopotamia, the Andes, Southeast Asia, and Mesoamerican shit is what's truly underrated. That being said, check out Apotheon OP. It's a metroidvania that has a grecian pottery aesthetic, pic related

Also
Almost all of the games set in the classical antiquity are strategy titles already.

Holy Jesus…I leave this faggot for a few weeks and come back–only to realize you are all anti-rhetoric multi-culti leftist pieces of shit. Pathetic.

Nobody has even said anything vaugely SJWish or anything political at all all you faggot.

I want an RPG set in the fall of the Incan empire. I don't care who you play, be it a humble footsoldier or the sapa inca. I just want to fight back against the conquistadors that are raping and pillaging your homelands. I have Incan ancenstry and a raging hard boner for my former nation. I wuz Incanz and shiet.

But they died at the hands of the common cold. That be one grim as fuck RTS. All your dudes would just randomly fall over and die.

You can play as aztecs or mayans in Empire Earth 2 too.

You should know better then to do that user, especially if you have incan ancestry and even know who Sapa Inca is. For future reference, use these.

Also, "Mayas", isn't correct, nor is "Mayan" (unless you are talking about a Mayan language). "Maya" is both the singular, plural, and adjective form of the term. The Maya also were never a single political state, there were many separate ones of varying size and influence, often with significant cultural and linguistic differences. I can try to go into more info on this if you want but I don't know as much about the Maya as I do about central mesoamerican cultures like the Aztec (and the Aztec aren't a unified empire in the way you probably think of one either; but it's "more" accurate at least in reference to the Aztec).

Anyways, check out Aztez, it's a CURAYZEE beat em up with light strategy elements where you play as an Aztec general right conquering cities around the lake basin that would become the core of the Aztec empire/you forming the core.

Is there any game based around managing/participating in a Roman style Colosseum with the entertainment that happened in them such as?
>Dream events like fighting mythological creatures such a cyclops/minotaur/hydra/etc.

Aztec and Maya are in Rise of Nations.

NIce trips but you're a cancerous memer. Probably a mexican as well. Definitely die.