Dynasty Warriors 9

This just came out today and it apparently runs like hot garbage on pc, does anyone know how it runs on a slim?
How shit is it besides performance?

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2017/05/dynasty-warriors-9-4k-30-fps-1080p-60fps-modes-ps4-pro
archive.is/BHbaS
youtube.com/channel/UCM0d5CqnNiJu4zsPTnwmjAQ
mega.nz/#!FSAQhKoA!JrqGTIW0Xf84j_umM29AdnSiUmEIJOT10dEFp7C-Ex8
docs.google.com/uc?id=0BzL7SapvcB_HcXBkRVhpX0hQalk
docs.google.com/uc?id=0BzL7SapvcB_Hc2JPZnpFT3NPVmc
docs.google.com/uc?id=0BzL7SapvcB_HRjVFWXN4R3V6bk0
hooktube.com/watch?v=i8-CeBo2ANM
nicoblog.org/pc-games/musou-orochi-z-jpn-english-patched-pc/
cdromance.com/psp/musou-orochi-2-special-english-patched/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

All I know is that I can't fathom how musou and open world can possibly jive. Omega force had the perfect formula for mindless fun and their only effort in a decade was to ruin it. For shame.

When is someone going to make it possible to emulate the entire PS4 "OS" or whatever as a virtual machine? This shit has to end, lately all games have ported like shit.

It runs even worse on the PS4, are you niggers fucking retarded?
Oh wait, you are, this is Nu/v/ after all.

Well, while I haven't played this game in particular, I played many games where the requirements for a PC are way bigger than the ones for the PS4. Plus I played lots of bad ports where when googling about the crashes and FPS drops I found out that it wasn't my fault and even people with multiple GPUs and over 16gb of RAM were having the same problems.

Go buy it for the PS4, that's the answer you want, thats' the answer you're going to get.
The game is poorly optimized on all platforms and plays and runs like ass plus it's filled with bugs, it's a rushed shitpiece,
Relish in your mediocrity, you do play Musous after all.

I pirated it. It runs fine for me, but I can't use a controller, and keyboard controls seem to be pure shit. I spent nothing and still feel cheated.

I just bought new computer partsworth more than a PS4, no money to buy a PS4. Plus pirating is a piece of shit there.
Do not want to give money to Sony too.

What kind of solution are you looking for then? no one cares about your unsolvable problems. If you are going to post then post about gameplay, newfag.
Using i7-7700k, 1070, 16gb ram and I have yet to run into framerate or stuttering issues. However, the game in general is not as smooth as the ones before it. It becomes painfully obvious when enemies fly around as you run a horse through them. Its just slow.
I appreciate how they got rid of the switch weapon spam combat from 8, but it looks like shit and plays like shit so it hardly matters. I've only tried a few characters but I can't motivate myself to continue. The game is a solid 4/10.

even normies despise it, steam reviews are all in the red and ign gave it a 5.8. Not to mention all the wannabe ecelebs crying about it on youtube.

Hi /trannypol/

Eat shit normalfaggot

I'm certainly on the fence about getting it after all the videos about it running badly. Definitely a pirate first situation, despite Koei saying that they're working on a patch.

I'm more concerned at how Koei thought this was acceptable to release for PS4 considering that these issues must have been visible when they were making the game for that platform.

fuck off fenceshitter

gematsu.com/2017/05/dynasty-warriors-9-4k-30-fps-1080p-60fps-modes-ps4-pro

I was looking forward for hunting deers, bears and making my own house in fucking Dynasty Warriors.
Thank you very much for reminding me that this is out.

Careful user, this ones worse than 6 apparently.

You new?

That's what I gather from what all I've heard. I never should get excited for video games anymore.

Are you being retarded on purpose?

He meant it's worse than DW6, you retard.

Nice reading comprehension, how underage are you exactly? First, maybe second grade?

I have no regrets

Why open world? Why? This looks so dull, even for a mindless musou game. What a disappointment.

What was wrong with 6 btw? Keep hearing people complain about it. I only joined the series at 5 and they're honestly all starting to blur together at this point

none of the dynasty warriors ports have had working gamepad controls on launch, there will probably be a patch in 2 months.

1050 ti faggot here. Game runs perfectly on maximum, but just like all koei games it has a slowdown first time you start a battle.
I got a crash during installing CODEX version, and apparently it didn't installed all JP voices for me, but good riddance it still works.

PS: Wei fags suck dick, Wu are bros, Shu are the only true benevolent rulers of china.

PS2: NO CONTROLLER SUPPORT, ONLY KEYBOARD AND MOUSE WITH PS4 PROMPTS
NOT EVEN XBOX360 CONTROLLER SUPPORT THIS TIME, X360CE APPEARS NOT TO BE WORKING AT ALL, OPTIONS ONLY SHOW KEYBOARD AND MOUSE SUPPORT

With all those shit opinions I bet you bought the game too.

Could at least read my post, don't buy this game.

As you can see graphically its not better than ps4 version of DW8, nothing really changed there.

It's likely tied to Steam
Nipjews seem to be doing that with some games.
archive.is/BHbaS

Well, then good for legalfags i guess. Have to buy game to play with controller.

big picture is still just a wrapper. i don't know the specifics of why it works better than x360ce for some games, but it does essentially the same hook as near as i can tell.

x360ce worked for toukiden 2, all star warriors, sanada spirits.
Whatever the reason it doesn't work on this game.

So like every other game in existence? No, seriously, I have yet to find a single god damn game where it works.

I've seen this before in other console to PC ports, and it's infuriating. I wonder if it's just pure incompetence on the dev's/publisher's part or a subtle attempt at an antipiracy measure.

it was the same with cuphead on release (until it was repaired on the game end) but if you look at the hook process for both it looks so similar i can't tell the difference.
the solution for cuphead with x360ce was to run the controller map before launch, click the game window and then exit the controller map. i'm not a good programmer so i can't offer a real solution or say if it's the same for this.

I like how steam page advertises kingdoms come right on their page, the game that came out yesterday. The comparison between those open world games about war is going to kill DW9.

DW9 isn't doing so hot on its own tbh.

Yeah, especially not with this price. I shouldn't protect this shit.

You're joking right?

Dammit, some cunt already complaining about "toxinity" of the reviews. This is going to only fuel the fire.

When did I mention platforms, mongoloid-kun?

why do threads like these always attract larpers

they must be paid shills, i wish i could get in with the paid shilling crowd

IGN has always given low scores to Musou games, they can go suck a fat one. This shit is just not made for burger retards looking for interactive movies.

Except you missed one key thing - this IS musou made for burgers because of implementation of open world.

No user, it's Musou made for chinks
Chinks are the new Burgers

Few noticeable good things to mention about the game:

1. Difficulty now increases aggression of enemies instead of their HP
2. There are actually battles going on while you exploring, i didn't expected that
3. Bows and stealth are satisfying to use

Ah yes, forgot to mentioned not really intuitive first person bow mode which allows you to see how bullshit this game is in terms of graphics.

It took them this long to actually figure that out, but it finally happened

What's the absolute best Dynasty Warrior game? I only played 3, 4, 7, and 8. 4 Is my favorite of what I had my hands on, 8 is pretty alright.

Yeah, small things that matter only to musou fan in this shit are actually changed for good.

5 Empires

5 or 7.

5 for old school
7 for new school

Why, the first Dynasty Warriors of course!

Thanks my dudes. I'll check 'em out.

At least we will always have Huang Gai

5 was my first and it was awesome.
Warriors Orochi 1

People got assmad that it took away weapon combos, and replaced it with the Renbu system that allowed you to have one long infinite attack stream is your combo hit meter was high enough. They acted like this was some huge travesty when in reality the weapon combos are just a way to look cool while mashing the same buttons anyways. People were too fucking mad to appreciate the best level design in the whole fucking series, and a bunch of other fun shit. I don't know how people think 6 is worse than 7, 7 was actually so fucking bad I only played it for maybe 3 hours.

I really wouldn't give a single shit about the graphics if it weren't for the fact that the game failed on apparently every technical aspect possible.

My absolute favorite is 6

I'm fine with mediocrity in my musous, but this one's just shit

Oh boy

I don't think anybody itt bought it.
That being said if I end up liking it, I'll have to redownload the entire thing again from steam.
Fuck my life.

I had suffered through downloading both KCD and DW9 those two last days, DW9 managed to download broken, so i had to redownload it again. I suggest try working out while waiting, it makes time not look too much wasted.

Hopefully patches fix it because it sounds pretty neat.

How is the open world aspects in this game?
Are there interesting or fun things to do?
Can you grind some good equipment or skills?
Is it worthwhile to around exploring?

To be honest, I don't care about anything Warriors related that isn't Empires.

How many playable cute girls? How cute are they? This is very important information nobody is sharing.

360 controllers are shit though, but official Xbone pads are top quality

Poor graphics optimization and controls. They really gotta fix that shit.
For example with no controller plugged in it still gives controller prompts. xinput controllers arent working, steam controller doesn't want to work either. Otherwise it is fun, but fustrating to get setup. Glad i pirated first.

didnt that guy said he runs max settings on a gtx 1050

I unironically still love this game and wish there was a modern weapons-based fighting game with parry and feint mechanics replacing the usual fighting game guard mechanics.

i have a 980TI and get fucking 30-40 FPS on medium. Either a shill or a retard.

Really nigga?

Nigger you what? A 980ti is much more powerful than a shitty 1050.

It's outdated technology.

This is probably the worst Dynasty Warriors game that's been made.

Everything that made a Dynasty Warriors battles unique or interesting is now watered down to the point of being absolutely useless.

Take for example the Yellow Turban Rebellion in the previous DW games. You had numerous side-objectives ranging from destroying magic casters, to destroying urns to cause the enemy army to become mortal, and stopping things like tornadoes from halting the Coalition advancing forwards. All of these helped move the frontlines forwards, and you were always in the heat of battle with allied officers and soldiers who helped you with the fighting.

Now instead of having a well thought out and planned battle with its own custom map, you now have battles that are separated between vast plains of absolute nothingness. You decided to go and destroy those urns that power the Yellow Turban army? Congratulations the enemy General is 2 levels lower now, nothing else. Now you want to go to the other side-objective? That's on the other side of the map! Hope you like riding on a horse for 8 minutes while you do jack shit and absolutely nothing happens because the AI doesn't actually fight or advance if you're not even there.

Instead of an actual DW battle where the flow is constantly shifting and changing due to charges, ambushes, blockades, and other things, it fucking feels static and completely useless. Never before have I played a Dynasty Warriors game and actually felt this way.

Akihiro Suzuki needs to be shot for this piece of shit.

You know nothing about graphics cards.

Please stop gobbling bait up user, it's bad for your health.

proof?

I mean I realize that 980 ti was equivalent to today's 1080 ti in terms of pricing and shit, but technology marches forward.
You can't expect expensive horse to outrun cheap car.

Not even worth a (You)

Then don't cry about your toaster not running modern games.

whats the best musou game? Only one I enjoyed was gundam 3 .

Warframe

Fuck off.

He asked and I answered. I aint saying WF isn't shit in general, but if you honestly think that any of koei's or capcom's or any other musous is better than warframe, then you have brain problems.

I'm saying it's not a musou.

Fate/Extella Link

gundam 3 is the best one,but hyrule warriors and dynasty warriors 8 XTREME Legends are great too. Fate/extella is pure dogshit

Whoops, I saw the wrong post highlighted.

Musou trash is the weeaboo version of Skyrim for westaboos. You're probably a fucking nigger on top of it.

But it is? Well it have guns, but it's pretty musou at its core.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3, fite me
Hyrule Warriors, Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes (for now) as well, but I still need to play more popular musou games out there.

No it's not faggot.

I am kinda really tired you guys don't know about initial slowdown of warriors games. Am i the only person on this board who knows about it? The more you play - the more performance improves. First times you see some special effects they load into the game, but next time stop slowing down.
In Nvidia control panel disable anti-aliasing, put anisotropic filtering on 4x, everything else on performance. Then in game there are three options that can be easily sacrificed: Antialiasing, DOF, Ambient Occulision. Mind you AO can be tolerated because its one thing that keeps this game's textures looking contrasted. Also if card is completely shit here's an advice, the thing that really lags the game is unit count, not graphics.
Then you get into the battle on your native 1080 resolution, wait till game starts slowly speeding up, do some basic moves with your characters and after 30 minutes or so game loads all effects and starts functioning normally.
Its the problem i had with all koei games. They ALL have this shit with slowly improving performance the more you play. Even Nioh has that. The game continues to load its shit during play. Technically its very easy to play it on maximum settings, its just you need to know this shitty gimmick. This is how PS4 users play too.

Assassin's Creed China

my fucking sides
what a shit game

This game really reminds me a japanese MMO i used to play, called Samurai Chronicle. Or its just all about having elements from Nobunaga Online, and that mmo was just a clone of koei's mmo. I am probably going to get hooked to this game anyway, because i love the setting and open world shit.

Are there any news for a new Samurai Warriors? I'm not a fan of china and I'll have to wait for the empires edition.

I just want to play gaijin adventures conquering Japan and reproduce with my wife.

Best way to get any news is to follow official japanese koei youtube channel.
youtube.com/channel/UCM0d5CqnNiJu4zsPTnwmjAQ

They also apparently going to announce Koei Tecmo VR machine in 4 days, Feb 19.

I just wanted to write something about koei, that was on my mind for a while, you can ignore this wall of text if you wish, its just a shitty bump of this thread anyway.

Koei doesn't give a fuck about reviews. They don't, this is part of their evil scheme to sell more of their games. Initial base game is always shit, it always gets a backlash, but then addon comes out and it becomes mandatory. I remember latest Nobunaga game, when first came out, created a gigantic wave of negative japanese reviews i followed for a while, claiming that koei always makes shit games to make buying a PK/XL expansion mandatory, because it was essentially a downgrade from Tengoku game they released before it, which was grid based classic nobunaga with deep gameplay mechanics, and new nobunaga was casualized mess with shitty army vs army head to head battles. And yet they released the game everywhere they could, and most importantly when PK expansion arrived, as always it became mandatory and the main version for english and chinese speaking users. They even made the damn second expansion in a vein of taiko risshiden games, with character based gameplay (which follower concept of adventuring as a samurai and eventually rising up as a lord going into nobunaga no yabou like phase, which was also main gameplay of ROTK up to X, very similar to popular Crusader Kings game here).
So as you can see from this example the backlash meant nothing, they sold 3 different versions of the game at 3 different times. Same with Samurai Warriors 4, SW4-II (which exist only because capcom sued them for inventing "expansions"), Samurai Warriors 4 Empires, Samurai Warriors 4 Sanada Spirits - 4 fucking gamemodes sold like seperate games.
This company doesn't give a fuck about reception, it only treats people who buy first versions as cash cows and idea guys, then uses their money and dries them only to release actually better version later. So this DW9 "failure" doesn't kill the series, because in motherfucking japan the entire company is being poured shit over all day every day, and most of the reviewers butthurt chinks (by the way chinese dub and sub is in the game, just not available in the options).
Their audience are clueless buyers, people who need their new "warriors dose" and people who can't wait for the next version, so they end up buying all dlcs (koei has its own whales), all versions of the game and eventually every koei product in general. Their marketing relies on first version being shit, so people more eagerly buy "upgraded" version for the same price as full product. The price never fucking changes, and this keeps their company afloat. Tecmo part of Koei is going to help this cancer even more, because actually good games like Nioh from this studio will create even more diverse profit from varying degrees of tastes in the gaming market.

Fuck, this is getting to Nintendo levels of jewry.

So any game before the Empires edition is a paid tech demo?

You're absolutely right. But i would change your wording a little bit "a paid tech demo with exclusive cutscenes".

Dynasty Warriors gets released like every 2-3 years. It's actually quite tame compared to yearly titles like CoD or Fifa. The only bad thing is with every release you can expect Empires and XL to release a year or so after the main game.

What the user said is somewhat true, but it doesn't really apply to DW games (although 6 and now 9 are the exception). While there have been Empire and XL versions of Dynasty Warriors games since 4 released, they're not really tech demos or short of content in a manner of speaking. They're mainly suited for different audiences. Empires for fans who don't really give a shit about the story/narrative and just want to build their own kingdom/character/story, while XL is mainly for people who either skip the main installments or go on a hiatus between buying them.

I like stories, but I preffer making MY story.

Out of every feature I've heard this game has, this is the saddest one.

Fuck off, resetfag.

So, it Zhurong in this?

it's the only reason i'll ever consider buying this pre-empire

Go back

yes

I just want ROTK 14 to come out and not be shit. Or a Nobunagas ambition similar to how ROTK does things when you can play as a free officer to a ruler. I'm also getting tired of koei throwing everything at you when you're the protagonist. Like in ROTK13, no one else will be made viceroy cause you might lose the chance, except for liu bei with guan yu. And then nobunagas ambition outright wont make new lords if you serve that daimyo, cause it might take possible castles you'd want. Like what the fuck koei?

I discovered you can't create your own character, which is disappointing.

This is all I got from your post

hard to believe licensed musou can be the best

It's a big game

you do that in empires editions

UU
U
U

Well it is news for me.
But i hate that it went for open-world meme and dumbed down combo, making it all about levels, gear and other shit. Why it is now looks like mobile shit?

Just stick with the empires games. That is what I do at least. Create a character and custom scenarios are always nice. That and they usually try to add more strategy/extra bits alongside it to make it more interesting.

Works for me in Dynasty Warriors 8. I just turn on the gamepad before launching the game. I haven't downloaded 9 yet so I don't know if it works either.

Nigger you really must be this stupid as you seriously need to buy some fucking 'Hooked on Phonics' as I know you're underage here faggot. (Vid Related)

DW 6 was a huge fucking trainwreck as yeah they introduced a new system but totally spilled the fucking Ragu everywhere making it a complete fucking mess. The weapon system itself as certain characters had some serious wtf is this bullshit arsenal that seriously felt clunky as fuck.

Agreed also DW 5 Ultimate

Fuck off nigger this is a DW thread not a fucking Warframe thread

Gotta say last Empires game I played was DW5E.
Do I need to know anything before plunging in?

Good, At lease Jim 'Cuck' Sterling got what he wanted, a broken mess.

I mean he wasn't that disgustingly fat he would be pretty good comedian.

Guys its kill. Dynasty Warriors is kill.

Koei deserve it. I bet they will set it for DLC.

You know when title theme is not Lu Bu's theme remix, it's not a golden DW game.

Well we already knew that Koei was run by retarded fucking kikes.

Thats some next level kikery

They just released a (paid) DLC pack in the Fire Emblem musou where 2 of the 3 new characters are just copies of existing movesets. One of them was extremely hyped up by a lot of players for various reasons and the moveset doesn't fit her at all. (it involves magic and she doesn't use magic in her game of origin).

Are you ready?

It cannot be moba if its not successful with chinese community, user.

I'm torn on whether that was a good move or not.

Imagine if someone made a game about american revolution, and removed english from it with an update.

Its time lads, rev up those reaction images.

Why is this Dynasty Warriors being shit such a surprise? Don't they always do this and then add stuff people wanted in the sequel?

Years and years back I actually used to quite like his content, he could be pretty funny at times. But he started hitting the koolaid really hard and being less funny and more preachy. By the time GG rolled around and he outed himself as a complete fuckwad I'd already given up on game journos like him entirely for years.

I know, that's why I have to wait for the next empires edition.

(checked)
My point is that the chinks are a cancer on video games and they deserve only constant suffering.

Chinks are cancer, Japs are cancer, Koreans are cancer, Americans are cancer, Brazilians are cancer, we're all cancer, user.

Feel free to hate yourself, I won't nigger.

said every human in existence lmao

Feel free to kill yourself then if you hate existing.

Has anybody's social life been completely ruined by this meme?
As soon as this got famous I realized that an overwhelming majority of people I just kind of know and keep in contact through social media do this in most of their photos.

I've been friend with soyboys for ages and I never noticed it
I can't talk to these people anymore because I completely lost any respect for them

Its alright. This meme even ruined Holla Forums itself.

So. They actually improved combat system significantly.

It's not because they're fucking soyboys, it's because it's a common facial expression to show joy. It's a meme in the most literal definition, it's how this (and the immediate preceding) generation show, in a single still frame, they are overjoyed and excited about something. Soyboys do it because they're in the same fucking generation as most of these other people. Not everybody does it, sure. I've never made that fucking face, but it doesn't mean fucking anything. Stop letting it run your life, for real. I say this as one of the most bitter, antisocial shut-in fucks to ever waste their life as a stupid NEET, but learn some bloody social cues and stop basing your view of people around shitty flavour-of-the-month Holla Forums spam you goddamn autist. Holy shit, I hope you actually take something away from my sperg-out here.

It's interesting until it starts throwing one button KOs at you for pressing the triangle button when officers get below a certain threshold for health.

Are you retarded?

Sperging out about estrogen-ridden faggots being a meme doesn't say much about your general happiness.

LOCALIZATION.

I'm not concerned about soyboys being called out, I'm not defending them. I'm just saying that it's a shit meme and not a very good way to judge whether or not somebody is a soyboy. It's way too common among basically any group under 30. If user's willing to drop people out of his life for doing that because it means "they're a soyboy" then they're going to be dropping a ton of fucking people for no good reason. Especially when this shit dies off in a month and there's some new thing people shit up threads with.

This game has some weird fucking charm i cannot explain. Maybe i just always wanted open world game set in china.
Too bad the series is going to die. At least on PC i guess. Imagine them not porting Empires version because "we had troubles with pc audience". SW4 Empires still not ported.

Believe it or not a good chunk of men under 30 are low-T estrogen ridden faggots, you should re-evaluate your life and your diet.

It's Japanese Skyrim, which is amusing.

>you see that Mountain Song? You can climb it with grappling hook!

this is why I gave up my dreams, everyone and their moms and dogs unceremoniously bash at every idea no matter how you try to make it fresh, just look at kingdom come did you see how many anons scream "shil" at anyone with reason? a lot. and how many did they download the torrent? too much to count. gaming is nothing more than a addiction for the lowest common denominator on par to tv shows and movies. and the reason on why loot boxes and microtransaction is running rampant.

and that why japan called video games 'gambling'

Well, i'd say its better than skyrim at least for combat alone. Because even DW combat is better than bethesda shit. And characters are really good looking despite low res textures.

Agreed there, if this had combat like an Elder Scrolls game, I'd be wishing death on the series too.

The grappling hook was a hilarious mistake. It's so silly looking in practice, but sadly necessary given the weird terrain you're asked to scale at times.

God damn it, it's the same with Okami. Can't I just play with a bloody controller without this nonsense?

Yeah just have to use GLR instead.

Basically you can pull out any special move without needing to build appropriate normal attack string for it.
I.e. it made combat even more brain dead since you can just spam guard breaks/launchers now.
It's even worse than renbu system.

One step better, someone over at rin.ru pointed out to me that someone over on the Ali123 forums had devised a patch for controller use without all that shit.
mega.nz/#!FSAQhKoA!JrqGTIW0Xf84j_umM29AdnSiUmEIJOT10dEFp7C-Ex8
Best to update to 1.01 first then download this. Found I can now use a normal controller like any koei game.

That's pretty nice, thanks user.

I suppose the dashing looks nice and the game has a whole looks more mobile. Is the performance better or worse than DW8's?

Can't say for PC, but patches have made the PS4 version run roughly on par with DW8.

Does this series game have as many cuties as SW?

Honestly i find the whole SW series more appealing, but sadly they peaked around 3, i really hope SW3E is playable on that PS3 emulator, this thread gave me the SW thirst.

I knew some guy who used to do this, he matches the stereotype completely.
He is genuinely a pathetic woman worshiping piece of shit with no self respect.

I do wish we got a translation for 3E though, since it had a story mode and light base management mechanics.

That's been going on ever since the game revealed that clones would be a thing, even before they announce the price for the Jew Pass.

Chinks confirm that koei sold DW9 to Tencent and that's why chinese language was removed with a patch

Now that's some wacky shit. Letting the chinks do what they do best, jew each other.

This game is even better than Kingdom Come Deliverance.

This I noticed as well. Using trigger movies in conjunction with regular moves and alternating techniques makes it much more interesting. My only gripe being unable to change outfits or make your own character. More than anything I keep thinking the game will make an excellent framework for Dynasty Warriors 9 empires. A massive open world map with each city having its own factions and soldiers in this would be amzing.

Might as well want to buy PS4 at this point to get Empires. I am 100% sure they won't release it on pc.

don't say that!

Holy fuck look at this aggro.

Those are random bandits, not an army.

Yeah, i see, enemies don't attack at all. Ai just non-existent.

I just don't let them.
If you don't thing you can get poked to death, you didn't play DW past first mission on proper difficulty.

I heard from Gamefaqs that the Chinese dub is about as quality as the English dub.

I think you can change outfits from your Hideaway, but I haven't done or tried it.

Famitsu score is 9/9/9/8 [35/40] for PS4.

I have a bad feeling about this.

I'm surprised it wasn't 33 or lower given the launch.

Maybe PS4 version is actually not as broken as PC one?

Holy fuck. They optimized it so badly on ps4, that it now has "graphic setting" tab to lower the setting on normal ps4, that isn't ps4 pro.

Pirated it, it's trash. They removed combos, that alone should say enough.

Japan and eastern europe - saviors of gaming.

Why can't Koei just make a modern DW 3 or 4 and leave most of the anime bullshit behind.

Since this is pretty much KOEI thread, i won't make another one. Attack on the Titan 2 announced, coming on PS4/PS Vita/'Switch/Steam'

I'd buy a remaster of the PS2 era on PS4.

As far as i remember SW2 was remastered for ps3 and xbox 360 (戦国無双2 with 猛将伝 & Empires HD Version).
Warriors Orochi has an Warriors Orochi Z version on PC combining first two games.
That's all for old era.

I'm aware and can't read nip. Although I did have the 360 version of SW2+XL.

Meter in top right is Morale, both forces have very little which leads to both sides being incredibly passive.

I HOPE YOU'RE PREPARED TO DIE

I am really confused about one thing. Why optimization is a problem in DW9 when its done by same company that made Toukiden 2, another open world game by Koei? What is exactly so dramatically different between Toukiden 2 and DW9, two open world koei slashers, so that DW9 performance sucks so much? Toukiden 2 is like silky smooth on my pc, and graphics are absolutely the same, DW9 in some cases even looks worse.

The greatest sin of DW9 is not that it has poor performance. Koei overdid itself on bullshots. It looks nowhere near its own promotional images. Even SW4 Spirit of Sanada looks better.

Seeing this shitty gameplay reminds me that Musou games are a meme carried by licenses at this point.

Except it doesn't have tessellation, volumetric fog and global illumination introduced in DW9.

Play this one instead.
docs.google.com/uc?id=0BzL7SapvcB_HcXBkRVhpX0hQalk
docs.google.com/uc?id=0BzL7SapvcB_Hc2JPZnpFT3NPVmc
docs.google.com/uc?id=0BzL7SapvcB_HRjVFWXN4R3V6bk0

Koei can make good games when they aren't jewing the customer.

Fuck this game and its bs.

But that's the whole point to force you to switch chars.

I DONT WANT TO SWITCH CHARACTERS
I was just getting used to one!

I hope you did not expected non-linear story in non-empires warriors game, to allow you to change the course of history. Not to mention this open world one doesn't even has freeplay now (which will probably be added in XL version first or some shit).

I expected it to be linear to the end! Where china was unified, not to be blueballed like that.

You have to play as Jin faction to unite the China.

You can, but they give you no new outfits, except for some free dlc which is mostly shit outfits and like 1 per char. No actual in game alternate outfits, I think they're gonna try and sell them all as dlc.

Gay. Not like that lasted long what with the war of the 8 princes.

user, outfits are like the most basic koei dlc stuff…

dw8 empires and nobunaga's ambition sphere of influence are some of my biggest regretful purchases.
i really really want to like koei's games. the industry needs devs like koei that are willing to make AA titles alongside earth defense force. but man. man oh man.

The games you listed are pretty playable ones. It will only get worse from there.

What's wrong with DW8 Empires again?

The gameplay.

It's the same as dynasty warriors 5 but with more variety and speed.
Unless you're one of those retards implying muh brainless button mashing.

the battles are so cheap and ugly it was shocking. and so easy too. it was impossible to lose. you just juggle the damage sponge officers for 30 minutes in battles with odds against you 9999 to 1 and still win.
haha, really? vanilla DW8 is even worse? that's amazing people still buy these.
how far they've fallen. dynasty warriors 4 is one of the best games i've played and i still have dreams about it. i used to just stare at the infantry and officer 3D models for hours. fast forward 10 years and now they look like metal gear solid 1 polys.

ps2 games indeed looked better on CTR.
Because nobody provides alternative chinese genocide simulator with waifus.

no, i meant that to say that DW4 looks great to this day while modern dynasty warriors looks like MGS1 polys.

What are you drinking?

why don't you post a pic of how the nameless footsoldiers look in DW9?
in 8 they look worse than drakeface.

They are kind of already posted in the damn thread: >>14324624

Don't play on retard difficulty.

There is Free Mode, you have to completely clear a character's storyline to unlock it. Zhang Jiao has the shortest and he unlocks immediately after chapter 1.

What's KCD?

I just want the new empires tbh.

That's gonna be exciting for sure, or just as short as DW9 stages when you bum rush the stage boss.

I really like the little things Koei did with Other factions.

Its either i need to grind for a better weapon or i have to complete more side missions to lower his troops morale. Or both.

Yeah, Zhang Jiao is unusually hard.

Talking about healing in this game, this is the biggest revamp i felt on the gameplay. Now you don't get items like "defense up" or "attack up" or "restore health onigiri" or some shit i usually got in normal DW games. Now you actually need to collect money/resources and go to your local store to buy/craft vigor pills and panaceas. And this changes the game a lot because health does not regenerate, and you cannot find any health on your battlefield. You constantly need to prepare yourself for every battle, and if you will fast travel out of it you might lose allies and certain enemies will respawn.

Is it compatible with w8 x64?

The enemies do occasionally drop the standard health and musou filling items, just for some reason they made them really small in this game.

Yeah, i started to notice. When i was trying to capture a base with like 20 captains. What a chore. I am going to grind for Zhang Jiao, already captured all bases surrounding his and on a way of completing all quests related to him.

Also pic related. This ugly piece of land in the distance actually has a huge gold ore deposit. Dammit koei.

I'm just glad we don't have to grind entire battles for materials like Hyrule and Fire Emblem anymore.

You know, i didn't mentioned it earlier, but i am actually surprised to see people talking good about DW7. I found its combo system quite more satisfying than even DW8.

I also should mention that DW9 combat system is complete fucking utter trash and its not satisfying to play at all for whatever reason. Those bumper special attacks are far worse than combos i got used in the series, but the worst part of them is that you can just spam uppercut and X all the time, rarely activating musou to get rid of any problem.
What the fuck they were thinking when they reduced all existing hard attack combos into 4 bumper attacks and left the only consensual attack on X button?

I am okay with open world.
I am okay with shit performance.
I am okay with shitty weapons.
I am not fucking okay with changing combat system into modern action trash. All it needs some asscreed/batman style parrying and its good to pretend to be western trash. After all i already spam Y QTE prompt at certain amount of enemy HP to "finish" my enemies.

Not going to embed because wanted to show few screenshots:
hooktube.com/watch?v=i8-CeBo2ANM
This presentation is of today, 19.02.2018.

Koei made VR service linked to mobile APP with virtual currency you pay through your phone and then use it in VR machine in arcade attractions.
Dead or Alive Xtreme in VR
GI Jockey in VR
Sanada Spirits and Attack on Titan soon to be in VR

I want the VR meem to die.

And i want to imagine people vomiting into koei's expensive VR arcades after playing musou in first person.

Well they apparently do have some sorta aroma system, try playing G1 Jockey with that.

At first i didn't believed you.

It has easily the best story in the series.
Yes it's always the same shit, but DW7 has best cut-scenes, best writing, best characterization best everything.
It also uses straightforward DW5 combat system with next to no gimmicks, unlike DW8 were you need to fuck around with rock paper scissors bullshit.
It also looks good, better than DW8.
Its only problem is that some characters still using cloned movesets, and even then they have unique musou, rage and special attacks, so it's not as dire as in DW6 or DW9.

>>>/cuckchan/

Only on PC. PS4 version of DW8 looks better than both DW9 and 7. And that includes its Empires edition, which was my best purchase on ps4.

I thought only Chinese hate this game (for no dub/sub) and English users (for being ignorant fucks as usual, especially with e-celeb shilling against it).
Well.
That was until i checked japanese section with over 100 of negative reviews and only 6 positive, like per entire language. English userbase actually liked the game more than nips.

Lol brainlet soyboy

The Japanese have hated like every recent Koei PC release

>>>/cuckchan/

The most sickening thing is that AoT2 looks like the best non-Musou/non-Toukiden omega force game to date with every single thing I could possibly want from it…

…but it's tied to a story that turns to such trash there's no way it can get an AoT3, and since Koei isn't given freedom of creativity there's no way they can diverge from the manga/anime story to give us a good ending. It will be a "to be continued" once again but now leading directly into the toilet.

You know what? Koei needs to use elements from AoT in their Toukiden games. Like cutting monster parts and improving physics of their new grappling-hand.

I actually am pretty sure they'll do exactly that, or at least regarding the grappling-hand for the inevitable Touki2 Kiwami edition. It was really fun swinging between the trees with that thing and zipping across the areas but you barely ever utilize it for much and it could be done much better.
I doubt anyone would complain with a part-copy/paste of some of the AoT physics into a Toukiden game, though none of the monsters ever really get BIG enough for it.

I thought post-game AoT let you save/use anyone past their canon death?

They've also added an affection system and training system to the second one. I think they'll be keeping that clear-game fun in tact, but the issue isn't there. The issue is that AoT2 is probably gonna be really fun and quite good but may be the first and last of its kind.
Unless they get the rights to some creative freedom going forward, it probably won't continue.

Nah, they will find another anime studio to suck from. Maybe same part of their studio will make another gundam or evangelion when next rebuild comes up.

I really want another Gundam after those neat movement mechanics I've seen in AoT.

I can't remotely see it. It's like looking into a cosmic void. All I see absolute nothing. I literally can't envision how that would look without thinking of the N64 game or something.

Also
>when next rebuild comes up
Probably around the same time we see Guts actually fight Griffith and when JoJo ends for good.

Titan vs Titan segments with multiple angels at once.

It would have to be Super Robot Wars Musou

It might be slow and clunky enough to work, though honestly I like the ferocious ridiculousness of

it would just be the slowest bum fight ever

the n64 game is shit, a collection of that bad anime minigames

I heard SAO had that shit as well and the only workaround was joytokey

Cooking is extremely overpowered in this game. One meat broth and i feel like i am dealing 3 times more damage.
Also don't clear up castles on chaos, it will only lead to more butthurt if you accidentally die to a boss. I cleared up entire Zhang Jiao quest line, then started to clear up his damn castle from all ice/wind/lightning supporting cunts, but only ended up being killed in one shot.
Then got really fucking angry that i have to do it all again and just musou'd the guy multiple time with panaceas after reloading. Its always much harder to do a mission properly because the boss only gets stronger the more time i take clearing up his troops, at first time i got most of unique heroes inside his damn castle. Wasn't worth it at all.

Also this game has another performance issue that after a while of big battles this shit overflows itself and starts lagging just for the sake of it. Lags after big fights only end after running around on a horse in pure emptiness.
Apparently i picked this game up 6 days ago, still playing. I have no regrets, it can be both fun and frustrating but only as long as you play on chaos. Not really difficult though, because any situation can be resolved by grindan and side quest completing.

Video game logic haha. Fucking hell there's a lot of tutorial missions just to surround this castle.

I never gave a shit about him until he made 3 fucking videos shitting on DW9 and now everywhere i go to discuss DW9 Sterling personal shills screaming "THANK GOD FOR JIM, THANK GOD FOR HIM". I never cared about him, but now i wish him diabetes. Its so bad, that his dynasty warriors review became his personal shill platform to get more viewers. And there's shitposting everywhere YOU ARE A SHEEPLE, YOU ARE A KOEI SHEEPLE, THANK GOD FOR JIM, WATCH JIMQUISITION, HE MAKES GOOD POINTS GOOD POINTS.
I wish i could shit on this game too, but now i can't. I just fucking can't. Curse this e-celeb fedora cuck to hell.

See that mountain? You can climb it!

They do that shit all the time with Nip games, except usually they take Nip out.

Heh. The funniest part is that on steam few chinks share screenshots of chinese version, and people sharing entire chinese voice over replacements through steam guides. So generally speaking koei prevented nothing, and chinks didn't lost anything, only review bombed the game to hell for an insult alone. Fuck, last time i checked they openly discussed cracked version of steam forums. Nobody deletes their threads because nobody cares about chink language.

Only Tamsoft and / or 8ing is allowed to do that nowadays, given who's willing to work with Bamco and most importantly, Banpresto. See Gintama Ranbu or Kamen Rider for relevancy.

Stop being an uber cuck user and just fuck both Koei and him. Both are utter shit and both should be thrown in the abyss until they get better. At least Koei has a chance but with Jim, it'll be over. At least it'll be over unlike the KoeiWarriros sperges that got so anally anihilated they reactivated their old Gamefaqs accounts and got ass blasted there for being massive shills and couldn't expand their hugbox.

That's why I skipped liu beis story. It's almost all tutorials. I just went to zhang fei. Though annoyingly, they didn't show him getting his ass beat by lu bu when you play him.

Welp. Apparently chinese thing wasn't Tencent thing, it was a fuckup by Koei themselves.
Damage already done though, good job Koei.

You know its really scary to admit it, but even Musou All Star is a better game despite its furries and very low character count from DW and SW series.

Really, koei recently ported six games not counting Nioh with full graphics form ps4 without any downgrade with less performance issues than DW9:

Explain how they managed to fuck up their mainline game they have started the series from? Is open world that bad to optimize? They did open world in Toukiden 2 and it was fine. Is it new updated graphics? Sanada Spirit looks better than DW9.

Have any developer ever made you an apology card?

Finally achieved 60 fps!

Just took you downgrading to dynasty warriors 2 is all.

Has there ever been one open world game that wasn't a glitched out mess? Consider that and then ask if Koei of all companies was ready to take on such a feat

Truly this is the success of our generation

from what little jap i know I can tell you that it's not localization and that's what the japs actually wrote except for the knee part, he just says he got shot by an arrow i think

don't worry about not knowing nip user.
some dudes made an english patch for orochi z on pc, let me hook you up fam
nicoblog.org/pc-games/musou-orochi-z-jpn-english-patched-pc/

there's also an english patch of musou orochi 2 special so you can emulate that on ppsspp but there's gonna be way less stuff on screen since psp and what not
cdromance.com/psp/musou-orochi-2-special-english-patched/

Yeah I remember that WOZ patch, gotta download that version and see what changed. As for MO2S I'm good, got Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate like a good goy.

Fascinating, glad it's not some Atlus tier rewrite.

I wanted to write an honest opinion on the subject. I know i shitposted here a lot, and some of the shitposting looks more like shilling, but here's one truth about DW9 in comparison to previous titles:
DW9 is a casual title that is much more casual and easier than even DW8 was
Now, since my explanation out of the way let me explain why. First of all i own DW8XL and DW8 Empires on PS4, and i believe honestly this was a great purchase since those games have their best available versions on this platform. However i pirated DW9 on PC and feel this game deserves only pirating.

First of all new combat system is trash. By removing requirement of doing combos it allows you easy access to invincibility frames through bumper button mashing. If switch in your opinion in DW8 was bad, then bumper attacks (or shift attacks if you're using keyboard) in DW9 are much worse than that. Nothing can fucking break you from executing them and you can spam them indefinitely. As a fucking Liu Bei i used the attack that throws people into air and could just mash lmb to watch people die. Zero fucking tactic in choosing your attacks except rolling from powerful attacks of opponents like Lu Bu before executing them. In DW8 you have a lot of vulnerable frames when your character before executing a combo can be hit, in DW9 you initially can begin by entering into invincibility frames without even needing musou. Musou is also much less useful than bumper attacks, only really powerful opponents benefit from musou attacks and you can spam them by having lots of spirit pills in your inventory.

Inventory system allows you instant cheating. You can just grab loads of elexirs and spirit pills at shops/wilderness and become invulnerable even on chaos against any opponent, even the one that overlevels you. The new aggro system does fucking nothing since you have less vulnerabilities in your attack frames. And easy access to infinite musou unlocks you ability to cheese any encounter.

Open world mechanics allow you to cheese any encounter, and grappling hook is a part of the problem. Its amazing that this game prepares player for a big fight with lots of additional scripts and encounters and then player just kills the main boss by spamming dodging all of those. If developers were thinking with their heads they shouldn't had allowed player to grapple hook through fucking gates, because that eliminates any battle before them. DW8 had gatekeepers and events that open gates to force player to defeat first objectives first before getting to the "boss", now you can cheese EVERYTHING, from giant battles being skipped by killing important characters, and scenes where you need to "escape" being cheesed by grappling hooking into another side of the castle. The worst part someone actually designed interesting encounters before you cheese, and they all can be just skipped.

TL;DR - this game is the most casual DW to ever exist. It could be easily fixed by restricting items, removing grappling hook at keeping combo system intact, but now even chaos is a fucking easier than easy in dw8. People who never seen DW series other than casual experience won't look into that of course, but again what koei does currently is casualizing already casual experience. I am done with this short review, i hope you will understand there's no point in shilling/protecting this title for gameplay reasons, and not because of open world, bad optimization or bad graphics.

I also have some nitpicks, such as how extremely easy it is to simply craft your character's best weapon by going to a good rare coin farming spot (there are four specific locations designed to throw them at you by the dozens for the cost of some Fish Bait), buying the scrolls for it, and fetching the materials from any of the hundreds of spots for the relevant materials. This makes anything under Chaos a breeze. However, playing at any difficulty seems to yield the same rewards no matter what, so there is no incentive to really play any difficulty level beyond what you're comfortable with. There is simply nothing to "earn" in the game, as outside of your weapon, the gems and accessories are a very minor point of customization.

Holy shit. I'm actually pretty impressed.

Controller is supported, but only through steam overlay thingy. Its either stupidity or genius anti-piracy solution.

I actually tried this and it worked. If it's anti-piracy, it failed like the rest; however I would have to give them kudos for creativity.

Just learned you can charge the Trigger Attacks, that's neat.

AoT 2 comes out in just over a month. Really looking forward to swinging around and slicing napes again.

Low fps is a huge problem in this game. New combat system may look bad at first, but it breaks if you have slowdowns. You're supposed to combine various trigger attacks together to form a more controllable combo.
The problem is this combat is very fps dependent and the game just doesn't work like it should if you have it below 60. Consoles like base xbone or base ps4 have it even worse with 15 frames per second.

This is one of those games where everything is so genuinely terrible my only instinct is to take pity and find redeeming qualities.

I've never understood if that image is supposed to convey "cancer throughout time" or if it's supposed to portray "memes throughout the ages" because if the former I find the first two to be inaccurate and annoying and if the latter then I find the final inaccurate and annoying. For the former two were common speech at the time and the latter has been annoying, cancerous and low-effort since the very beginning. Niggerspeech and such.

I always have that issue with Koei games. First it began with Warriors Orochi series when 1-2 games i tried to find redeeming qualities in story mode and asian mythology surrounding it, and then in 3rd ultimate i found fun only on high miasma levels of gauntlet mode with combat changing items adding parrying and invincibility frames. Then in SW4 i tried to have fun with character movesets and adored storyline until i hit the 50 level cap and got bored, haven't played expansions yet. In DW8 Empires i was disappointed by how lacking the events were, and how i couldn't port character levels into next campaign, but still tried to roleplay my own kingdom and had fun with customization options and playing on chaos.

In this game i am even more on disappointed side of the fence. Like the concept of a good open world china game somewhere within the developers idea, but the realization is so terrible that it makes the whole idea look wrong. I am waiting for Empires expansion, because open world is only viable for that kind stuff, but i fear they will manage to fuck up that one too. Reminder DW7E had more events and endings than DW8E, it was a huge fucking downgrade in who you could be.

It's clearly about anons becoming jaded. There was a time where everything was epic for the win. Now everything cringeworthy gets cracked down hard.

Never liked empires too much myself. I just wonder how DW will look like moving forward. A return to form seems likely, but who knows, they could stick with DW9's idea. As a spinoff series, preferably.

And others…

Steam workaround for controller support DOES work for pirated versions of the game. It was a serious pain in the ass to setup, but you register DW9 as a "non-steam" game, then follow all the other instructions.

Even that didn't work for me at first, but I think running steam as admin helped for some reason. Not sure exactly what I did tbh, but it works now.

DW6 was the best, those people can fuck off. DW is about exploring battle options by doing different shit in the battles, and the level design made that fun as fuck in 6.

I can't really think of anything Dynasty Warriors: Attack of the Clones did better in that regard. The only thing I found particularly interesting in that game was SSX's bow, and even then the warrior princess without her iconic chakrams is blasphemy of the highest order.

The strong suit of DW6 was how organic castle-breaking was. No waiting for scripts to happen, you just break fortifications yourself. It was really satisfying. Too bad they got rid of the combat system for a casualized one. I never understood why they trashed everything about DW6 without keeping the good parts.

While DW6's gate breaking did take maybe a few seconds longer than I would have liked at times, it would have been nice for it to make a return in DW9.

I think the worst thing about DW9 is that you have absolutely no impact on the story.

In virtually all prior games you could complete various tasks to make a mission go differently, maybe saving a particular officers life or killing an enemy. The exact level of impact on the story varies, but usually if you did enough you would get an alternate ending scenario, or at least a bit of extra story.

In DW9 NOTHING you do matters. Even in the classic battle of Chibi it doesn't matter if you rescue Huang Gui or chain the ships or anything. The fire attack goes off as planned no matter how you play it, and even then it happens in a cutscene. There are no hypotheticals, no routes, and none of the side objectives matter.

On the bright side, at least that gives them more room to focus on the canon story. I think DW9 does the best job out of the entire series of portraying the canon events. The open world design helps with that a bit too because you get a better sense of where everything is happening. The game still sucks though

I have a hitch that hypothetical routes will be added in XL.