Why do remakes of games decrease in difficulty?

When it comes to the discussion of remakes, I've come to notice a pattern that it seems like every new version of same age old game coming get's…easier according to the players of the previous versions. I can understand developers rebalancing things and giving the player some additional options to get them to spend time on on a game they've already completed, but shouldn't that also mean that the game get's harder even time it's rereleased?

Why does this happen, and what games are out there where the remake/remaster/rerelease is harder or more difficult than the original version?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Jxa3E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well if it was caused by a strange bug interaction and the remake fixes that bug that could cause the game to be easier. If certain parts of the game were massively overtuned and the parts after it were way easier. You know standard reasons why

Why aren't you learning Nipponese user?

Because Victor Ireland fucked with the difficulty you fucking moron, if anything they tried to fix the shitty localization.

because normalfaggots

Ori Definitive Edition hardmode and one life mode come to mind.

Was that cut from english version or something?

what about localizations that increase the difficulty though? happened a fair amount during the SNES/Genesis era

Translators shouldn't be altering gameplay or anything else.

Yeah, I read about that deal with Lunar games a while back. Most enemies had their stats increased significantly, everything was made much more expensive, the scripts were largely butchered, and at least one game had a system added where you had to pay EXP to save.

No, because there is no official version, just a fan traslated one that doesn't censor it at all.

Nintendo's pretty notorious for this. Thank God for Virtual Console. It's rare to see remakes that go out of their way to make the game outright HARDER, though - off the top of my head there are the Final Fantasy DS remakes.

Remakes don't get easier. The player just have more tools available to them.

That's called getting easier user.

Amen to that. FFIV on the DS was brutal.

So then they should make enemies stronger to make up for you having more tools. If not, it can become too easy.

More like more dragged out to limiting enemies on the screen while giving them the same drop values so fights in late game where you'd fight 6-9 enemies becomes a 3-4 max so you're always going to be at a EXP deficit compared to the original.
That's not harder, it's just worse designed.

It's not easier, you retarded faggots.

No user, you're the retarded faggot.

It's both, and this nails it on the head: archive.is/Jxa3E

In contrast, Final Fantasy IV is better-designed.

What are the main differences between every release of Lunar Silver Star Story?
All I know are the soundtrack and graphics.
I've only played the PS1 version

PSX version is full of inserted memes and shifted difficulty.

That is just every released touched by Working Designs

How was Xenosaga I・II on the DS? Would it be recommended to play that over the PS2 versions of the games?

Do you really think PS2 translates well to DS?

The Sega CD one was piss easy, even with the Working Designs romhacking it to be harder. PS1 is difficult, but the PSP one is tedious as fuck to play through because you pretty much get shit for stat gains.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I played the PSP one and it was an abysmal piece of shit.

Worse than the 1st game but far better than the second game.

The story is supposedly somewhat rewritten and improved, particularly episode II's. But, well, it's a DS game, and was never translated.

That's because you can rent games in the west, but it wasn't as much of a thing in Japan. So the developers would intentionally make the game harder for western players to make the game longer.

To him. Proper grammar, please.

I see you have taste user.

The Uncharted series remaster adds a new hardest difficulty. I wont touch it though, I beat Uncharted 1 on Hard and it was tedious enough. Maybe one day when I hate myself enough

The Wonder Boy 3 remake added a "hard" mode that introduces the hourglass timer from Wonder Boy 2. It also has an "extreme" mode with the timer and limiting you to only one heart. On "normal" it is slightly easier than the original, though - It deals with crystals differently, only locking one item behind how many you have, so you can get many other items earlier than you could in the original. Other than that it is exactly the same