Gaylo 2

Just played CarbineHead again this time via Project Cartographer at 1920x1080 and 90 FOV.
It's a piece of shit, just as big as I remembered from playing it on the Xbawk and then on PC, finished it in Legendary too, it's even worse since it forces you to take potshots and run away while predicting half of the encounters making everything a fucking chore, it wasn't designed for this difficulty and it shows.
None of it matters though since the game is fucking awful, the plot is garbage, the characters aside from the Arbiter which is still a two dimensional cunt are all uninteresting including previous ones that retained some charm, everything is background noise now and the game has no Starship Troopers/Alien atmosphere.
Gameplay is also garbage with most weapons being peashooters and only the accurate ones actually being useful, especially mid-late game.
Environments also look like shit and lack detail aside from a really few.
Half the time due to the garbage plot/cutscenes and the poorly detailed samey environments I forgot what I was doing.
Bug enemies are also annoying as all fuck if you don't have a Sniper Rifle and are worse than the manhacks in Half Life 2.

The only thing this game has for it are decent Sword mechanics and more damage when hitting an enemy in the back

Halo 1 was a much better game than this and it was still average.
Halo 2 a fucking fever dream and one I'm glad is over.
Seriously, I though to myself when Project Cartographers came out:
Then I played it again, and put up with it, just so I could shit on it again.
What the fuck was even the point of that last Scarab section?
Why the fuck did they add a Boss this goddamn awful?
Why is Legendary so poorly balanced?
HOW COULD PEOPLE PRAISE THIS PIECE OF SHIT?
JUST PRETEND IT'S 2004 AND SHIT ON THIS GARBAGE PLEASE, I JUST WASTED 20 HOURS AND IT NEEDS TO BE SHAT ON JUST LIKE THIS WHOLE FUCKING FRANCHISE FOR HOW OVERRATED IT IS

If you wanted a dubs thread all you had to do was ask.

20 hours for 2 playthoughs user
One on Heroic and the other on Legendary

Git gud
Halo 2 sported a much more politically driven story that highlighted both sides of the war and made it much more engaging. It was a larger campaign too. It had amazing set pieces like bringing down the space station and actual boss fights, which could have been better but it created variety in gameplay. I personally found Arbiter's story somewhat engaging. A military man condemned to death by service who uncovers everything he knows is a lie.
It added substantially more guns and added duel wielding. It had secrets to find, some of them damn obtuse or difficult to get to.
Have you tried using a sniper rifle and getting headshots, using a battle rifle and getting headshots, using a plasma pistol, using an explosive weapon. If you use shitty weapons you'll have a shitty time.
I played it a few years ago with my brother from start to finish over the course of a week and it was fun. Not as fun as it was as a teenager, but I have never really enjoyed shooters, especially modern ones. Everyone knows the second highest difficulty of a game is what you play on for fun and legendary is a chore, you did that to yourself.
The first two games were fine. They were the first of their kind that made it big with their specific playstyle of health + regenerating shield. And it didn't use the cancerous 'hide behind knee high cover' with it, though there is plenty of walls to duck around.
Don't be a little bitch.

I don't give a shit about halo but you're an absolute faggot.

i liked the cutscenes and legendary difficulty being the hardest of all gaylo games

More like Halo.

OP is a dumbass and a loser.

Support Project Cartographer because Halo 2 is fucking great and fun regardless of what the kikes like OP think.

Either elaborate or fuckoff, you barely understand what's happening most of the time.
One moment High Charity is far away from Halo the other it's somehow right next to it.
Why the fuck does a Hivemind have a Huge talking larva commanding it?
Plot is extremely overcomplicated for something so fucking simple.
Wow, top tier writing
At least in Halo 1 they were fundies, cold blooded and proud of it instead of humanizing fucking aliens and making them have the same though process of humans.
And most of it is fucking garbage and poorly designed.
I literally finished the game just now and I don't remember that.
There's two and they're absolute garbage requiring you to wait and then shoot, it's fucking chore which takes no skill whatsoever.
Just stealth away and shoot when the enemy presents.
You mean the variety the first game already had by having vehicle sections and the Flood?
You mean the variety that's already lacking due to how stretched out the game is with pointless garbage sections that feel like they're only there to pad out the game?
Like having to kill 2 Banshees, wait 30 seconds and do it all over again 7 more times?
Woah
How?
It's the most basic shit ever written, it's not even complex or well paced out.
One moment he's a fundie the other he's not so fundie, it's basic shit.

Why do you think I call the game CarbineHead?
It's literally the only useful non power weapon when the Brutes come in.
Seem's like you've never played the game on Legendary, it's potshot the game and it's fucking awful.
Souls at least let's you win encounters with skill.
CarbineHead has vehicle sections with steep descents which up your acceleration, making you want to accelerate even more, and before it's finished it presents you two Jackals which will insta kill you with hitscan unless you get out of the accelerated vehicle and take potshots at them, and it's literally impossible to avoid them without game breaking glitches or not to be killed by them unless you do precisely that on Legendary.
It's unsatisfying as all fuck and proves the game wasn't designed for this shit tier difficulty which makes everyone stronger while you're a snowflake which will die the second an Elite or Brute sneezes at you.
So it's shit? And not well designed?
Thanks for agreeing
No Halo 2 is absolute fucking garbage and everyone who disagrees has a terminal shit taste
But it absolutely fucking does
The shields are even more fragile promoting that kind of playstyle
I play Quake on Nightmare and while the bulletsponge shit is hard to tolerate at least the maps have enough space and you have enough speed for you to shoot the shit with skill.
Halo 2 is not only a shit game, it's a shit game with an awfully designed difficulty.
Tell your brother he's a faggot too

I agree, but that has nothing to do with this shit game

Sure, community made content and revivals are top tier shit that should be supported and a big pro of the PC platform.
No, it's absolute fucking garbage, NuDoom makes it looks good and I'd rather play garbage than this fecal matter ever again.

Don't actually play NuDoom though, it's fucking mediocre poorly designed Painkiller clone.
But at least it's difficulty is actually well balanced and requires skill instead of being a shitty chore where you have to wait 5 minutes to kill an enemy.

Halo 2 improves on CE in almost every way though.

CE is repetitive and tedious as shit, with barely any weapon, enemy, or envoirmental variety: Typically you only run into jackals, grunts, and elites, and only have access to the AR, pistol, plasma rifle, plasma pistol, and needler.The Shotgun doesn't even get iintorduced till halfway into the game.

In terms of the environments, both the interior and outdoor areas feel barren and empty, and the geometry of areas is extremely siimple. Very few areas of the game feel like actual real places iinstead of just blatent video game levels. The outdoor areas are almost all overly large for the novelty and are just for paddng with nothing interesting in them, and the interior ones are copy pasted repetitive corridor mazes.

99% of the shit you are complaining about in 2 CE does just as bad or worse, and moreover, are issues with plagued almost all shooters during that era.

Because high charity can travel in slipspace.

Because that's how the flood works. During the intiial stages of a flood infection, it acculturates hosts. Once it gets big enough, it starts to form a central hub for itself using bodies to compile bran matter and neurological systems. You even saw this in CE, as Captain Keyes was being turned into one. Finally, once enough neurological matter is acculimated, it forms a gravemind which can actually direct and control the flood in an organized matter rather then just each acting somewhat mindlessly.

You could argue the game doesn't explain that at all, but does the game really need to explaiin that for iit to work? It's obvious in game that the Gravemind is sentient/sapient manfesitation of the flood hivemind, that's all you really need to know for it's role in the game's plot to work.

Oh, I see, you are one of the faggots who is assmad they actually trried to flesh out the covenant and it isn't just MUH MC RIPPIN AND TEAREN AYYS

I agree, I just got into this with my friends who used to be big into halo, and we played for six hours without even realizing it and ruined our adult sleep schedules. Shit still holds up.

Drink bleach faggot.

I dont even know the story of halo but you're just a fucking retard

Technical and content wise
Everything else is fucking shit
Not more than 2, no CE actually knows how to pace itself outside th

okay I called you a retard before but now I know this is just bait

I mean, fucking hell. It would have been interesting to see the original story’s premise continued.

Shoot them in the head until they die or get angry and charge you and become a joke to fight. Brutes carry universally shitty weapons with the exception of the brute shot and are either in vehicle sections or in such few numbers that its easy to pick them apart.
Me as a teenager thought Halo 2 Legendary difficulty was fine. Dunno why you're whining about it when you don't have to play on that difficulty. You can literally choose another difficulty. But what's better is Halo isn't a hard game mechanically. Most enemies that kill you kill you in one hit, otherwise dodging around them is a cinch. The level layouts give you plenty of opportunity to find vertical and horizontal cover.
Holy shit.

I don't need to refute shit, everyone can clearly see what an autistic idiot you are by your OCD posting style of replying to every single fucking sentence separately. You lack the cognitive ability to be concise and can't understand one of the simplest stories in video game history. The only shit more straightforward than Halo is Mario games.

I say I forget what's going on because it's all forgettable garbage and most of the time you're on a fetch quest aside from killing the Heretic Shangelli.
CE had you escape from the Flood, reunite UNSC soldiers and strike back at them.
Gaylo 2 has you in fetch quests to activate and stop Halo, CE had more than that even if by the end that's the end goal, but it slowly and gradually ramps up towards it unlike Halo 2 which just throws you the plot at your face and says
I don't give a shit about the plot of Halo 2 for a reason, it's something extremely simple but overcomplicated out of pretentiousness or to pad out the game.
CE at least had a premise going for even if it was just Alien nukes.

You're completely oblivious to the back and forth, read the thread or fuckoff you low IQ nigger.

Yep, and fangirls defend that shit
Why?
It's fucking done, Forerunners were a highly advanced Human Civilization before being Haloed into the stone age.
The signs and hints are all, but no, gotta kill subtlety for money and even more shit writing.
Only accurate weapons make that possible, either Sniper Rifles not always available or Carbine, which is why I call the game CarbineHead.
Brute Plasma can fuck you up in 5 seconds, Carbines in 4 and Bruteshots and insta.
Unless you potshot you're dead, due to the shitty spread.
Bullshit, they're always in heavy numbers, especially mid-late game, they just throw them at you over and over.
You're just as dumb now as you were as a teenager, congrats.
Because it's poorly designed and the game is still garbage regardless
I did, I played the game first on Legendary and then on Heroic.
Do you know how to read?
I've already stated this
It's still garbage and the difficulty is still poorly designed, it completely ignores the level design and pacing of the game which is already crap.
Making the game a potshot extravaganza where you have to take cover every time you kill an enemy which is a fucking chore, especially with no lean or any skill based shit outside well positioned grenades which are still limited, still expose you and still will likely kill one enemy outside rare instances.
It's fucking shit against shielded enemies and only good to kill cannon fodder and they're barely present against Brute enemies which are actually weak to it.
BR is useful in Cairo and the first Halo mission and not much else due to how the game is paced, especially on higher difficulties.

Only accurate weapons make that possible, either Sniper Rifles not always available or Carbine, which is why I call the game CarbineHead.

Brute Plasma can fuck you up in 5 seconds, Carbines in 4 and Bruteshots and insta.
Unless you potshot you're dead, due to the shitty spread.
Bullshit, they're always in heavy numbers, especially mid-late game, they just throw them at you over and over.
You're just as dumb now as you were as a teenager, congrats.
Because it's poorly designed and the game is still garbage regardless
I did, I played the game first on Legendary and then on Heroic.
Do you know how to read?
I've already stated this
It's still garbage and the difficulty is still poorly designed, it completely ignores the level design and pacing of the game which is already crap.
Making the game a potshot extravaganza where you have to take cover every time you kill an enemy which is a fucking chore, especially with no lean or any skill based shit outside well positioned grenades which are still limited, still expose you and still will likely kill one enemy outside rare instances.

It's fucking shit against shielded enemies and only good to kill cannon fodder and they're barely present against Brute enemies which are actually weak to it.
BR is useful in Cairo and the first Halo mission and not much else due to how the game is paced, especially on higher difficulties.

What can you do user?

Stick to watching TV or Twitch, you'll have a better time than trying to learn such a complicated game.

Quit playing Halo 2 goober, go play Halo Reach. Mechanically better (though with frame rate drops in way too many areas to not be noticed), better vehicles, looks better, more enemies, more weapons, customizable firefight, and an armor collection system with credits if you want to stimulate the 'SHINY THING OMG' part of your brain. And if you play Firefight with anything less than 150% speed, you're a fag and get better.

Man I love those respawning jackal snipers on legendary

What the fuck are you doing, running straight at them? This is some next level incompetence.
I know you played it on Heroic you retard. Nobody forced you tot play Legendary. But that's what you have to bitch about. It's like, man, I am not enjoying this legendary mode, better keep fucking playing it, I got no other choice!
You get them pretty much in pairs. The only time you don't is after a cutscene and they're throwing you into a big fight or when you have a bunch of allies of your own. Not to mention Arbiter stealth makes it easy to get a free kill.
Git gud

Halo 2 is well know for being extremely unfair on legendary. Why are you even bothering, just play Heroic + Mythic skull. The only reason I could think of to play it is cheevos, but you're on Project Cartographer so it's obviously not that then.

Halo is easily one of the worst story driven FPS ever made. CE was boring as fuck and 2 is pretty much everything OP described.
Unreal had a way better campaign and the whole was just a tech demo. Hell, I'd rather play half life 2 than any Halo.

He played it on both. Probably mentioned Legendary because that's the typical defense from baby's first FPS halo fans.

I don't, but they certainly do
So cocksuckers like you wouldn't start spouting ad hominem like "casual" and "pleb".
Legendary is an unproperly designed chore.
Theres properly designed Hard difficulties that actually take skill to beat and then there's unproperly designed hard difficulties that need to be beaten via patience and exploitation, Legendary is the latter.
Pairs of five
Only for you to have to take cover and wait right after and either start potshotting or do it again in 30 second intervals.
Top tier gameplay right?
I didn't, I said it's a fucking chore to slog through because how poorly designed it is
There isn't, its either Carbine to Head, shooting the same guy for 3 minutes with a Plasma Rifle not effective against flesh or it's a bust
Except I finished the game on Legendary in 12 hours on my first run since 2008.
I did get good, the game and Legendary are simply poorly designed.

I was expecting a well designed challenge, not a fucking chore that's asking to be exploited.
FPS games released at the same time like Half Life 2, F.E.A.R, Timesplitters FP and Doom 3 are properly designed for their more harder difficulties and so are older FPS games.
This shit isn't, I played the game both on Heroic and Legendary and one feels properly designed despite being piss easy and the other is hard solely for the reason that it's awfully designed for the levels it has.
At one point you might go unscathed and at another you'll be stuck unless you do a certain amount of exploitative steps.

Are you the sperg from the last PC thread who kept bitching about 2? Also

Someone has never heard Jason Jones