Holla Forums FIGHTING TOURNAMENT: TOUHOU HISOUTENSOKU

USE SWORDS, BROOMS, FISTS AND FUCKTONS OF BULLETS TO BEAT ANIME GIRLS UNTIL THEY CRY

Starting Saturday 7PM UTC for Euros and Sunday 7PM UTC-5 for Burgers/SA. Bring your best.

Touhou 12.3 - Hisoutensoku
Use your wits, bullets and a vast arsenal of supers to blast your opponents into submission. Not for the faint of heart.
Participants will have a week to get familiar with controls, practice combos and positioning. Be warned, while Arcade Mode is useful to practice certain moves and reaction times, AI is really stupid.

public.wishful.cc/touhou_threads/Touhou 12.3 Hisoutensoku v1.10a eng patch v1.1a + 10.5 Hisouten v1.06a eng patch v1.1a + Sokuroll v1.3.7z
koumakan.jp/games/score123.dat - score file for all cards unlocked

Extract the archive somewhere, put score123.dat in the root folder and launch Enable SWR content in Soku.bat. Launch the game with Launch Hisoutensoku + sokuroll.bat.

The devs are literally
INCOMPETENT
and can't into proper netcode. Luckily, some faggot on the internet decided "fuck this shit" and released a tool to introduce delay, making it possible to play even from shithole countries.

Euro timezones: challonge.com/kansyt3k
Burger timezones: challonge.com/k0tmi2of
You'll need an account to sign up for a tournament. If you don't have one, post your timezone and username ITT and you'll get added.

The game has six buttons, aside from the directional input - A (melee), B (light bullets), C (heavy bullets), D (flight), A+B (switch card), B+C (use card) - you can bind them in the Profile menu under the Key Config option. If you're new, play against AI without trying to cheese it to learn the controls, then go practice against players in the thread.

To set the deck for your character, select Profile from the main menu, Deck Construction, then select your character. You get to choose 20 cards to put in your deck - your super meter will consist of 5 cards that will be drawn from this deck as you play. Fill the deck out with best cards and best memes to win.

hisouten.koumakan.jp/ - READ THE FUCKING WIKI FOR THE BASICS, YOU WILL NEED THEM

>FUCK YOU I DON'T WANT TO
USE MELEE TO HIT FAGGOTS OUT OF DASHES
USE BULLETS TO HIT MOTHERFUCKERS OUT OF ATTACKS AND TO DENY AREA BUT NOT IN CLOSE RANGE OR YOU'RE FUCKED
DON'T DO DIAL-A COMBOS IF THEY'RE BLOCKING OR YOU'LL GET FUCKED

You need to forward the port you're going to use for hosting - there are guides for this on the internet. By default it's 10800, though you can change it to anything you like. After that, launch the game, go to Vs Network menu and select Server Setup. To join, you can either copy server IP with port in an IP:PORT format and select Connect to IP from Clipboard or just put it in via Assign IP/Port and Connect to Server option.

However, if you absolutely can't forward ports for some reason, have no fear. Install Evolve evolvehq.com/download (Registration required), wait for the confirmation mail to arrive, add other anons from the thread and form a party. Within that party you'll be given an IP that you can use to host the game on almost whatever port you like. This is only required if you absolutely cannot forward ports to host the game and you can still join people that can host without it.

What a
SECONDARY

The game used to be played semi-regularly on cuck/v/ threads before the split. It's FUN, but requires getting into. Practice with anons in this thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/AntiMicro/antimicro
challonge.com/k0tmi2of
hisouten.koumakan.jp/wiki/Touhou_Hisoutensoku_Wiki
twitch.tv/koisheep_
hisouten.koumakan.jp/wiki/Youmu_Konpaku/Combos
cytu.be/r/koisheep
imperialterra.github.io#vidya
twitch.tv/imperialterrastrm
archive.is/iFE8K
evolvehq.com/download
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SHAO LING CHING CHONG ADVANCED GUIDE - HOW TO NOT GETTU FUCKEDU ON YOUR FIRST GAME

The game operates on a system of cancels - A (melee) moves can cancel into B (light bullet) moves, those can cancel into C (heavy bullet) moves, those can cancel into skill (236/623/214/22/421) moves and almost anything cancels into supers. One exception is the 66A (dashing melee) moves, which can cancel into skill moves. You can skip things on this chain - like cancel melee straight into a skill, but depending on the moves used you may not get enough hitstun in order to make it connect, so beware.

Highjumping (28, 27 and 29) is fucking broken in this game because it grazes while you're doing it. You can also highjump out of light bullets and heavy bullets (B's and C's) and it's every bit as broken as it sounds. There's almost no reason not to highjump in most cases, so make like the ground is a trampoline and you're a plane shitting out magical death.

You can put skillcards into your deck that will allow you to make a skill (236/623/214/22/421) move at instant speed with a press of a single button. This is really useful as some inputs can be tricky and it will level up the move in the process, making it deal more damage for the duration of the match. Some moves also gain other effects, so give it a try and see what works.

Since blockstun in this game is super long compared to others, this game has various ways to get out of it if you're getting fucked. One option is to use cards - Iku's system card gives you a melee-invincible strike that limits your opponent and gives you time to get the fuck out and Reimu's system card makes you invincible and knocks them back if they attack into it. The other option is Border Escaping - if you hold a direction while blocking and tap dash twice, you will break your block and dash away in that direction. It costs you maximum stamina AKA the juice that you spend while attacking and flying, so don't overdo it.

You can cancel moves with high recovery upon landing. This is self-explanatory, but the timing can be tricky.

lmao'ing @ your life

you fucked it up op good job

whatever nerd

Out of all the fighting games you could have chosen, you chose this?

So, is there a way to make my controllers dpad input read with this game? I've tried joy2key but it just defaults because the game reads the controllers input over joy2key

Fuck yeah glad its coming to fruition.

What did you mean by this? Both DirectInput and XInput modes work fine with the game for the controllers, so your controller's dpad should work fine for inputs without joy2key.

p-please stop bullying, should I ask hotpockets to change it?

People wanted it, so it seemed like a safe bet. Besides, the game's not that hard.

If you would be a secondary for playing it, are you still allowed to play?

The best information I can give is that it doesn't seem to like point of view hat inputs. Between my pokken controller (preferred fighting controller that i own tbqh) my ds4 the both of them seem to only want to use stick input and the pokken controller doesn't even have a joystick.

I'm going to try the dl from the thread and see if that helps at all

Do I have to use (((Evolve)))?

Just like open your ports.

I don't know. Are you hard enough of a man to transcend the title of secondary and win the tourney?

Sorry, can't help you there. It sounds like a problem with the drivers. Look it up on the internet, others might have had the same issue.

Forward your ports and you won't have to. It's last resort only.

There's already a tuhu bread

Goddamnit rad you fucked up.

On a scale of DBFZ to anime fighter bullshit, how complex are the command inputs?

This is about a hisoutensoku tourney happening on the weekend. Is fightan videogames, the 2hu thread is more about general touhou games, like the shmups.

Not radcorp this time user.

Wouldn't it be easier to coordinate this if possible with the weekend Holla Forums gaming threads to get the most possible amount of anons?
though I doubt many would prefer this over the other gamenight games that are coming up

Gamenights are only every two weeks, there's not one scheduled for this weekend.

I'm not very familiar with fighting games. The only one I've played was Skullgirls but I didn't play that much at all. Will I enjoy this?

Visit the wiki, but the gist of it is that every character has 623, 236, 214, 22 B/C inputs along with melee, dash attacks and like four air attacks. It's not hard to remember.

Double Action was the other off-week gamenight and people get tired of source mods.

checked, and yes

which means it won't cut into its official schedule, no?
there's plenty of time before the weekend

You get three buttons to attack, and an extra button to dash/fly in the air.
Pretty much the complexity comes from comboing A to B to C attacks with exceptions depending on the character, while using dashes to cancel moves through high-jumping. You can also dash the traditional way of pressing foward or backwards twice, but that tends to bring a fixed flight pattern in mid-air, although it doesn't cost any magic orbs to dash in mid air the traditional way unlike pressing the dedicated dash button.

I know. The guy organizing just happens to be a faget

Well Satan, at first it might seem overwhelming, but its pretty simple to get the hang of. Just fuck around in arcade mode until you find someone you like using.

With something like this I guess you need the days to practice.

Yeah I'm fucked.

They're situational and you can use skill cards if you absolutely cannot do the movement.

no bulli

Thanks. I'll come back when I am a bonafide Soku player.

Some characters don't have those, other characters rely on other inputs entirely and 623 usually is just an anti-air attack.
Plus you have certain character cards in the game that let you perform that type of attack without having to perform the button combination.

Kill yourself OP

Also what ?
Last time the tournament was a game as autistic as Third Strike which is the golden grail of tryhards, but now you go to the other extreme and pick the dumbest thing around.

I knew of this but never tried it out.
Watching some video of it, looks pretty fucking rad.

Gonna give it a download and practice a bit.

2weaboo4me, no thanks
I have a shitty connection anyway

What do you prefer?

The user setting up this tourney isn't a radcorps fag. The actual radcorps fags are intending to make their next tourney around March.

I'd have to look for something free but after some thinking it may be OK to go with tohoe as these tournaments gain popularity.

Though they did help with some advice and shit.

Never played the Touhou fighting games. Do they run on Linux?

End your life and be glad there are no pretzels in this to keep casual faggots out.

No, go dual-boot you freetard

It runs on Wine. I wasn't able to link it to Hisouten but I know some have pulled it off. Netplay did work. I played it over lan once. Hisouten is an older title and linking to it is important because it unlocks extra characters. There's a config file where you're supposed to put the path to Hisouten.

Shame on you, OP.

Requesting mods add this to OP.

HISOUTEEE~NSOKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU WOAHAH

Fuck, somethings you just never learn.

Cool, it seems to work well in wine, I'll try the netplay later. Linking to the previous game doesn't sound like a hard task, I'll see if I can get it to work.

Am I blind, or is there no soku.bat after you unzip the folder?

You either "extract files…" "or extract to ". Either way creates a folder named after the archive.

this might be the dumbest question ive ever had to ask on here, but in the installation instructions what exactly is meant by root folder? (i know what a root folder in but in this case i would assume it to be the one the file that has to be moved there is already in)

are you all fucking 13

seconding

reading comprehension this bad should be illegal

It's called "Launch Hisoutensoku + sokuroll.bat" in the archive.

Root meaning the top folder where the game files are located.

No bully new people

Those are both inside the "(TH12.3) Touhou Hisoutensoku" folder. When he reffers to the "root" folder, he means where Hisoutensoku is located.
By the way, yes, unpack both games as-is on the same directory, place scores123.dat in the Hisoutensoku folder and then run the Sokuroll .bat file to launch the game. Hisoutensoku is an expansion to Scarlet Weather Rhapsody and thus requires it for a fuckload of characters.

At the end you should have something like:
c:/Games/
c:/Games/(TH10.5) Touhou Hisouten ~ Scarlet Weather Rhapsody
c:/Games/(TH12.3) Touhou Hisoutensoku

Spaces in filenames should be illegal. Same with upper case letters.

Instead of playing a shitty touhou spinoff you should be playing a good game instead.

nice

We're not playing AoCF though.

We're all a little pissed that Chen isn't playable in any mainline 2hu user, there's no need to be upset at others.

In fairness, people are still getting used to playing and setting up their IP ports before signing onto it.

There's going to be far more than 2.

Are cute wolves involved in the setup process?

Usually I use an alias for zip's and tar's that will automatically create a root folder for whatever I'm extracting. I rarely use 7z so I forgot to make sure it would create a root folder.

Yes.(^:

Username: witch_of_death
Timezone: burger

added

Here's the OP. Where shall I put it? Looks like a baka to me

throw it in the trash, my good man

p-please stop and do not bully

Put it into the oven

Put it in the sunshine

Just in case anyone is like me and doesn't immediately know what the fuck this "grazing" term that keeps being thrown around means: apparently it just means being invincible to projectiles. A lot of movement grazes, it seems.

I assume this is some kind of reference to the SHMUPs where the character sprite is like 20 times wider than the actual hitbox and bullets can "graze" through the character without actually hitting the hitbox?

Welp, I tried to save you people from shitty touhou spinoffs and you didn't listen, so now I need to beat you people up.

108.39.226.26:10800

I thought you were going to be someone else. It didn't take me long to realize that I had mistaken your identity. Sorry for not putting up much of a fight. Too rusty.

Rehosting, who else needs to be bullied out of this tournament

If you figure it out, let me know. The game's going to be practically unplayable for me if I have to use the joystick and not the D-pad.

Rehost again, i want to try.

Rehosting, I will bully all of the fighting spirit out of you

That was FUN. I gotta git better to beat this.

Bullying complete, I hope your spirits are all crushed forever and you never want to play this shitty spinoff ever again.

Oh it's you.
Lemme take a crack at ya'.

Fine, rehosted.

That just made me want to try more. Alice's melee isn't as bad as some other fags made me believe, she has some really great options and i don't.
Also sorry about the lag, just having some connection issues in here

Bully.

Someone host for me, I need more bullying.
I am contractually obliged by my ISP not to ever have access to my router to port-forward

No you're supposed to hate getting bullied and quit the game because you will never be good

fug u :DD

73.8.99.251:10800

ggs
Aaaanyone else?

94.188.40.99:10800

Come bully me or get bullied, preferably the former.

Who did you think it was going to be?

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU CHANGE THE CONTROLS?
I'm using a DS3 and it won't let me change the confirm or back buttons (select and L3 respectively), and it seems I'm stuck using the analog and I can't set it to the dpad for some reason?

Our resident Marisa main.

Our resident Marisa.

Our president.

lol sounds fun, how do i play?

I know that feel. I'm behind some shitty nat and I can't get port access without paying my ISP more money. There is a thing you can use call reverse ssh port-forwarding in which you ssh into a computer outside of your network, and then have that computer (with the open ports you want) forward client traffic to you. It'll probably add a bit of latency, but I haven't tested it out for games so I'm not sure.

Fug

GGs Yukari, please wakeup block more and don't fall for the meme wakeup DP's.

If you want we can setup an Evolve party specifically for hosting and practicing for those that can't forward ports. It shouldn't be terribly difficult.

Are you using Motioninjoy or however it's called? There should be an option to switch pad and stick input there. I'm using a controller too, but it has a button that lets me swap stick/dpad input, so I can't offer much help.

Yes yes
Please do this
I need to sleep will be around tomorrow to get bullied.
Username: Willy
Timezone: MST

That would be pretty cool. I have a feeling that there will be quite a few people who would need it. It seems like a lot of ISPs in burgerland nowadays block ports by default (Charter, Comcast, even local ones) and have you pay extra to either open them or buy one of their webservers.

Nah, I'm not using any 3rd party program. I just need to poke around the config files I guess and maybe I'll find something. Or just get good with the stick.

Checked and added on Evolve. Gonna be online for a few for today, so add MINIMUMRADICOOL on Evolve if you don't have access to port forwarding so I can put you in a party - you can play matches that way without having to forward ports. Just make sure the one connecting uses your Evolve IP and not your external one.

Wait.
Wrong one.
Evolve account: Willy_Taft

Normally I'd be interested in fighting game shit, but I would rather nail my dick to a wall than ever touch a Touhou game for one nanosecond.

Good luck to the contestants!

added both
take note, you'll need to do e-mail confirmation on your account in order to use friends and reportedly it takes a fuckton of time to do

you're missing out man, it's been a blast to play

someone play autism with me

is yuuka good for a beginner?

just use joy2key

There's no yuuka in the game…
I may have seen her in a mod.

Bump, anyone wanna practice?

OK
88.65.86.5:10800 hosting in 30 seconds.

I think if you use anything but '"SCP Toolkit'" to connect your DS3 , then you can't use the Dpad with any game by default.

I haven't really played soku beyond fucking around for a few minutes, so I'm excited to try it out with Holla Forumsirgins. Also I missed the 3S tourney because reasons and I feel left out :(
I don't know if sokuroll adds the 10.5 path automatically to the config, but everyone should make sure they have the path set correctly in config123.ini so all the characters are available!
Add mbs in the burger bracket, EST if it matters.

"Enable SWR content in Soku.bat" already does that, it's in the OP.
Added.

Thanks for the tip. I ended up using antimicro, which has a GUI and is very nice. Going to shill it here in case anyone needs/wants a good joystick mapping program in linux: github.com/AntiMicro/antimicro
All that's left for me to do is to figure out how to run Evolve in wine.

Are you absolutely certain you can't forward ports on your machine? If you can, then evolve is not needed.

Add Midway to the bracket. I'm not sure if I'll be able to join since I'll be at a hotel that day.

Added to the burger bracket. If nobody's gonna join the yuro bracket gonna cut it out entirely.

If I could get matched up with other no-skill players I might sign up, but it won't happen so I probably won't.

If it helps I won't be joining to prevent exactly that. Or if I have to because no players lel just gonna shitpost with Suwako or something.

Besides, the goal is to have fun. You can't have fun if you don't play videogames, user.

I'm certain I think. From what I've gathered my home network is behind a Network Address Translation, which basically pools a bunch of different home networks so that they all share one ipv4 address. This is apparently a pretty useful setup that ISP's employ because they only have a limited ipv4 address space they can use. Anyway, if I open up a server in my home network, outside traffic (i.e. clients) won't be able to reach my home network because the NAT won't know where to route the traffic if there's like 1000 home networks that share the same public IP. That's how I understand it anyway. There are methods to get around it, such as reverse ssh tunneling and using VPNs (which I think is what Evolve does).

Great. What about the other six dipshits that inevitably show up?

The players aren't that good. Practice with us here if you want to get a taste.

So far there's no sign of any people that are actually good at the game joining. Hell, I'm not good either, just slightly not terrible.

Do your best!
DO YOUR BEST!

This tbh. I can host too if you want, so ask for hosts or host urself.

Sign me up.

This guy has the right idea, he knows that if he joins I will bully the fun out of him and make sure he never wants to play ever again

I'm in the same boat as you user, I can only play the fucking shootemups badly but I just like this one for the soundtrack. I don't even know how to get SWR characters in UNL. But I'm just happy to be here.

Username, please.

Nani? Times should be right.

Just launch the .bat file from the download link in the OP, it's easy.

YOU

I'M GOING TO REVERSE BULLY YOU TODAY SO HARD YOU WILL NOT EVEN WANT TO JOIN THE TOURNAMENT

GET IN LOSER

>Burger timezones: challonge.com/k0tmi2of

I'll practice a bit first and I don't know if I'll be busy.

I can't forward ports due to the magic of internet I'm not actually paying for (shhh don't tell nobody) so I'd appreciate a host.

文楽アリス. 73.8.99.251:10800

yeah, fuck this

Oh, turns out I was looking in a older download of this game. All better now, my mistake.

Too easy, now it's time for you to quit soku and play a good game instead.

You're obviously new. You need to practice.

I'll kick your ass

Host is still up.

Help I want more.

Challonge is fucked in the way that it only has a single timezone per account. UTC is basically EST (UTC-5) time with five hours added, so I just did basic math and got this time. It should be right.

well, i guess i'm getting connection cucked because it doesn't work.

He's getting bullied, be patient or spectate.

What? Me? New? Naw, couldn't be. A newbie definitely wouldn't voice concerns about not even being able to have faintest iota of control over the outcome of the fight due to a skill gap. That's just crazy talk!

yeah lemee just go spend a year memorizing combos for a dead fighting game

fuck that
173.239.219.12:10800

Connection failed. Are you sure that your ports are open and sokuroll is launched?

sokuroll?

Let's see:
Unless I'm wrong, wouldn't it be Monday 0:00 UTC?

People still play it, only on some IRC full of tourneyfags. The rest of the post is correct. Do note, however, that aside from those two faggots and a third one that claims to have quit the game huehue there's only shitters in this thread.

the thing in the op that allows netplay to work, there should be a .bat file

please help I am retarded
fixing this right now

I'm terrible at the game, wanna play against someone who doesn't have any idea of what he's doing?

tbh didn't read the op, lol.

The worse Alice has been bullied, now he will reflect on this and realize that if he doesn't want to be bullied anymore he must stop playing shitty touhou spinoffs

I got bullied again. Host still up.

Your feelings about this game aren't that much different than mine. I don't like it all that much but I'm participating for the tournament.

Getting good at fighting games is a lot like learning a new language; it's ridiculously hard the first time around but once you've learned one you can pick up any fighting game and learn it significantly faster. And besides, learning combos isn't the entire bread and butter of fighting games; spacing, zoning, reads, cross-ups, and punishes are where most of the fun's at.

I'm trash, I'll fight you if you host.

If you can host, sure.

I beat Lunatic-level AI by spamming 6C as Marisa until it fell over. There's going to be nobody else at my skill level playing a game this old, so since going against players and going against AI are both out the only actual avenue for improvement would be memorizing combos.

190.73.2.16:10800
Is up, remember to load sokuroll

ok someone can try this again

I'll stop playing as soon as this tournament is over.

Connection failed, spectating fails too.
Are you sure the port is forwarded and your firewall isn't blocking the connection? Is sokuroll on?

My connection's shitting out, sorry m8.

Can't join or spectate.

Is the shit posted in op already pre patched?

Gommunism.

No, it's certainly on my end. I'm gonna try rehosting in a minute because it seems fucking communism is up and about.

wat

Download links in the OP already have sokuroll. The game itself is patched to the latest version, unless you mean
in which case lurk ten thousand years

One of the regulars is terrible and lives in a bankrupt communist shithole. He gets ridiculous ping almost every time we play. It's a meme at this point.

Okay

Try again now, maybe it won't lag out this time.

I was using a version i had downloaded years ago.
It didn't look like it was the right version

Oh, I see. I assumed it was my end because I have a ~6Mbps connection that can really flatline when it wants to.

Host is still up. Someone play me.

wew

Yeah this is unplayable. I'm sorry, i'll see what i can do to fix it but for the meantime consider playing someone else. The game isn't that hard to learn and you can certainly master the basics in little less than a week.

And don't be discouraged against Alice players, Alice can be rushed down with melee as long as you keep out of her 6A melee doll attack.

wew this tournament will definitely happen

No, you're wrong, this game is very difficult to learn and you have to figure out obscure knowledge against every character, but that's impossible because this game is dead. Also against a good player, once you get knocked down you've already lost. The game's tier lists are literally determined by who is the best at winning with a single knockdown (also who's the best at escaping after getting knocked down). Better to play a good game instead of this shit.

Game is just retarded tbh

It can't be worse than melee.

y-you too

Ok nigs try this
173.239.202.69:10800
If this doesn't work just like the last time then theres no fixing it.

Doesn't work, fuck you.

Connection failed. Either use evolve or join games made by anons if you can't open ports.

No, it definitely works, I've used it myself. It's just tricky to set up if you don't know what you're doing. There's also no guarantee that your connection speed won't suffer if the proxy server you're ssh-ing to has a horrible connection. You can always use a VPN, or give your isp like $20 extra shekels a month so you can actually use the internet in it's entirety.

That's exactly what i'm doing right now.
I'm

Thank for matches.
I'm still learning how not to job as Yukari
You're breddy fugging good at alice

201.210.245.90:10800
Trying out again to see if i can play. Tested it out and it was smooth this time around, but i can't entirely guarantee it.

Heck no, the game's still got an active community and you can find the info for literally everything on the wiki at
hisouten.koumakan.jp/wiki/Touhou_Hisoutensoku_Wiki
Just click on a character's face and you get everything from simple combos you can try out aka spam A and then hit B or C to strategy about what each character's strenghts and weaknesses are.
It's way easier than something like SF3 to learn because it gives a lot of lenience for defensive playstyles due to how blocking and grazing works, plus knockdowns aren't as punishing as you think they are Unless it's the retarded Diamond Dust weather and infact they can be used to reset your character and get you away from the enemy as long as you don't try to attack them on wakeup.

I can host in 30 minutes if anyone is still interested
Also for anyone having troubles with hostan

Thanks for playing with me. That was fun. I have no right to be called good. I hardly play this game. I'm only derusting for this tourney.

I love it. There's not many Meiling players out there. You picked up momentum pretty fugging hard near the end of the matches.

I'm not a meiling main, but i'm certainly working up her style. Plus she's the only one that has that pure pink aesthetic.
I think the main points is knowing what to use to counter instead of just rushing down the opponent. I think Yukari may be a good counter against melee characters with all her instant-hits.

Host is still u- oh someone connected.

You still up? Might take you up on that offer.

ch*cked

Game is surprisingly fun. Sorry for the connection I'm an Ausfag

Nah it's okay. It's most likely my side being shit than your internet being bad.
You're surprisingly good with remilia and it seems you know how to do some basic combos with her, but you still don't appear to be good with grazing and air blocking. You should work on that.

Host is still up, if anyone wants to play.

Anyway fuck it, get in whoever wants to play.

Moriya Shrine characters bring the bad juju that destroys my internet connection. pls no slutmiko or frog

Also I guess you are done hosting. That was fun! I should make more than 3 decks.

Hahahah, no fuck me. Net died again. Not doing Sanae again.
Gonna try hosting again tomorrow, hopefully after i strangle some jewish commie fucks.

Also to the Marisa(?) player, try to get an strat that isn't laserspam. Since you can do 623 motions consistently, you should be aware that Marisa's game is rushdown and maximum aggression. She has one of the only dragon punches that has melee-invuln frames, which can help alot along with her diverse air melee options and her insane quick and heavy-hitting ground melee.

Laser spam is the whole point! 6C into 236C into master spark is the best thing that a human can do. I built that deck entirely around the idea of "I want to have as many lasers as possible."

Except against bad juju Sanae. orz
There were so many times I should have shoryuken'd you out of the headstomps but instead got a 236.

When's the g*ddamn sf2 turbo tournament

After the Garou Mark of the Wolves

I've been dicking around with this and I have to say this game is whack. I hate that if you want to use an alt special move it has to be drawn and used first, it's like playing fucking Chain of Memories but worse somehow. I'll probably be destoyed in the first round but whatever.
Where's the 3D game tourneys? PCSXR has netplay (but I've never tried it), we could do Tekken 3 or Soul Edge. I'm really not a 2D player, I gotta sidestep man.

Next ""official"" tourney's gonna be in March. This is partly to test out participation for "non-official"" tournaments - to make things easier a game that was already being played here semi-regularly was picked.

Otherwise you'd have to play around people with 3 different possible fucking moves per skill slot.
It would be a fucking nightmare. At least this way you get to see what alt they swap into mid-match.

Also some cunt is streaming the game. Go watch him suck a million dicks - twitch.tv/koisheep_

Set me up in burger bracket as wwwww

Done.

I'm pretty bad, hopefully I don't get put up against that Marissa main first. muh dolls

bullshit some of those break blocks

So I'm doing some training with Youmu "Coldsteel" Konpaku, and I get the impression that she's not an easy character to play. Her bullets suck and I feel like the timing for her combo's is all wonky. It could also be the case that my execution is horrible, idk.

t. yomo pro

She has the highest ground dash speed in the game and her 214 allows her to do ridiculous mixups because it chains into itself three times, so you can stop using it after the first hit, second one or a third one. If they don't call which one it is they might get hit, and if you cancel it early and they're still blocking you can start attacking them again.

Aside from that, her jumping elbow (j6a) is ridiculously fast and she has good spellcards. She just needs to get into melee range to start whooping ass.

this tbh

I see. If I can get good with her then I might use her for the tourney, if not I think I will go with Reimu.

Is this one of ours?

that's the homosexual that keeps making OP's for 2hu threads, yes

also if anybody wants to practice give a (you) or something, I'll host

nevermind this faggot wants to play

I'd join in but I'm shit at all fighting games. I don't even speak the lingo to understand the tips given.

Last one I got good-ish at was Soul Calibur III, and before that, Pocket Fighter.

That last blow was fucking slick, using the iaijutsu draw to bypass the lasers to move into a normal melee attack.

I'll pretend it was on purpose for you.

Also, holy fuck, I always forget how much I love China's theme in this game.

Most people here are trash, so there's nothing to lose.

Just because the game has a input limiter so shit holes can play over 56k doesn't mean that the files need to be hosted in a shit hole.

Another thing to realize about Youmu's tools is that her jumping B bullets can be casted instantly at almost any time you're in neutral with little to no downside, for insane bullet cover. Although they are low on density and can be countered by nearly every other bullet move, they spread in a fan wide enough that the enemy is forced to either dash or avoid them entirely by jumping, which can help you with getting close or baiting the opponent into your melee moves.
Couple this with Youmu's amazing air melee and high speed dashing, and you got yourself a pretty tough contender.

Her combos are also incredibly simple, with her most basic one just being 5AAAA > 214C > 214B > 214C or the even simpler 5AAA > 623B, both which can be done anywhere on the screen and deal huge damage to the opponent if you catch them not blocking with your basic dial-a. Or heck, just ignore combos entirely and just press A three times or more and then cancel into a super, most of them combo into dial-a.
Just as a fair warning, don't do the final fifth hit of the dial-a if the opponent is blocking, you will stagger long enough that the enemy will be able to retaliate, consider jumping and using air melee to continue pressure instead.

Most tips are notation, and they are as simple as
Pic related

Well now I feel proper silly. Thanks.

thats not a sniper

Is anyone hosting right now?

That's the only combo I've got down at the moment. I need to look at the wiki and see what other combos and shit would be good to use.

Youmu is my second favorite character in the game. I considered switching over to her from Alice but she relies too much on special moves for my taste.

Host up:

The artist moved the scope back since they're dolls. It makes no difference though.

Unless the magazine has cartridges in it, the guns empty.

Check out hisouten.koumakan.jp/wiki/Youmu_Konpaku/Combos
This is almost as cancer as Marisa's double 66C. Abuse this.

if the scope is not affixed directly to the barrel of the rifle its not a sniper rifle
that scope is attached to a sleeve attached to the body of the rifle

Whoever just connected, you're too laggy.

Yep, unfortunately. It appears my connection is still garbage. It's weird because I'm usually able to do matches in fightcade with barely any lag, but this just seems to tank.

So after playing for a while with a friend it seems like swapping skill cards is not the best idea for someone getting used to the game. I'm probably going to end up playing Youmu or Sakuya, hopefully I can muster up some skill by the weekend.

Still strming as long as there are games to strm. I'll probably be covering the tournament if it actually happens.

You can put this link into cytube and we can watch and chat without a (((Twitch))) account.

GGs, Flandre. You should be more aggressive. Sitting in the corner is bad against Alice. Flandre is fast and can attack from awkward angles so take advantage of that. Charged attacks will guard crush on wrong block. Wrong blocking will make your spirit go down faster.

PLAY GAME NOW
PRACTICE ZI CHING CHONG

I just use livestreamer to watch in mpc-hc

But then you can't chat with anons.

one second let me make a cytube account

You only need an account for running the room by the way, everyone else can chat without one.

cytu.be/r/koisheep

Let's kick cancer's butt!

Anyone who's new to cytube by the way just type in a name and hit enter for a guest account, no signup needed.

Some are safe on block, most aren't.

Good games Remi. Try to not act as defensively and watch for ways to dodge more bullets to not die. Remi's an offensive character, you get in and do damage.

Host still up.

use the keyboard for menus, pad for in game

Doesn't work. If I don't bind my stick to keyboard arrows it just ignores it.

GGs Willy, great games as usual. Somehow you're improving.

Gonna take a ten minute break, if there's anyone left to play gonna do so afterwards. Streamer's a good cunt by the way.

Y-you too

nevermind WE BACK
IP HERE

Try binding it to WASD.

No good but at least it doesn't make my keyboard arrows stop working.

I had the same problem, but reversed. Ended up binding the dpad to the arrow keys. But, like you said, for some reason it'd only work in the menu after that. What you need to do to fix this is bind your entire stick/pad/controller/whatever to the corresponding keyboard inputs. My setup's is pics related and both keyboard and pad inputs work flawlessly.

Now the config page is playing a stupid game with me. It takes five A presses for it to register what button I want to be A and move on to B, then half the time when I press B it kicks me back to A, then half the time when I press C it kicks me back to A, and so on. I got all the way to E once in ten minutes of trying.

What program is that?

Yeah, something similar happened to me too. Not sure how I fixed it tbh. The program I'm using is antimicro, I posted it earlier in the thread, it's on github. You'll have to build it from source unless there's a windows binary I don't know about.

O-oh.

We're both using PS3 PCBs, I wonder if it's an Xinput problem.

If building it is gonna be a problem, it does look like there are bin links further down on the page.

Sorry to cut it off here Faindaa, I really have to go to sleep. Good games. If it's any consolation, you're better than the streamer - you've managed to win two matches when I wasn't shitposting.

Good games indeed.

I got it installed but I'm stuck in the same old key config minigame. Thanks for trying to help me, I'm going to bed.

well shit, does this still hold true?

To anyone having problems with their coontrollers, I had the same issue. I'm using a PS3 pad with SCP and antimicro (you dont need to build from source, check the releases page on github), the trick is to set up your binds but do not touch the controller at all until you are in-match. After that I found you can use it on char select between games but that's it. Now I just need to figure out how to run it in fullscreen with out entering w i d e mode.

cytu.be/r/koisheep two fags are trying to fight get in here

I don't remember the soundtrack being so deep.

More matches are up, good ones this time.

rip matches

Sit in the corner and spam C.

The computers are retarded at grazing, so just spam your heavy bullets.

MORE GAMES

Looks pretty cool.
Though Maximum Radicool should use supers more

Have to eat.
Those were my first matches. Fun.

Looks like it disconnected mid-match. Nice games, learn how to abuse cancelling to get good with Sakuya - her B knives are insane if they get blocked.

Host still up.

I need a break. Good games prof, hope you learned something from that.

My computer kept freezing at times, so I thought it timed out that last match.
I don't know any of the characters except remi if it wasn't obvious.

D(runk) rank games
24.36.16.255:7777
cytu.be/r/koisheep

No more hosting for now, I'll strm whatever memes if the game is still alive.

200.84.37.86:10800
Hostan for practice matches. I play Meiling and i suck at anything that isn't with either spamming A or dashing.

That did it, thank you! I'm using a PS3 MKX pad PCB in case anyone is in the same retarded position as me.

lemme get something to drink

HA HA TIME FOR A SOKU STREAM

imperialterra.github.io#vidya
twitch.tv/imperialterrastrm

GGs Meiling. Block on wakeup more and don't get baited into people's ranges. Timing on many moves is hard. Host still up.

despite the slowdowns, those were some pretty fucking lit matches
GGs man

oh FUCK GGs man
done for the night, see you all tomorrow

There's is nothing more autistic than fighting games. Nothing. Not one thing. You must be an obsessed useless kissless virgin neet to practice frame perfect attacks and each and every moveset for all your anime whores. You only find 2d attractive because you know you'll always be an unlikeable autist whose only skill is playing a stupid dead game online with other autist. The main touhou games are shit, no one really plays danmaku except masochist basement dwellers. The only reason this shit series ever took off is from it's endless supply of porn for similar shut-ins. Have fun playing against the same 3 idiots on Holla Forums useless shits.

Pic related nerds, it's me. ;_;

(you)

>>14336054 (you)'ll make it, user

No. You won't get any more (You)s, it's not good for your health. Actually it's time to quit.

crashing this thread

so (((we))) can remake it

archive.is/iFE8K

!!!WARNING WARNING!!!

Euro brackets are getting cut because fucking no one joined. If you're planning to get in, go to burger brackets instead - ping issues won't be very bad because sokuroll isn't absolute trash. You're still gonna have to show up on time though.

We got a strmer to cover the event, same from before. Link is cytu.be/r/koisheep so watch out for the memes. I'll be hosting later on today if people wanna practice.

Join if you wanna practice.
88.65.85.42:10800

give me a second I need to fix my connection.

Nigger, let me keep getting bully

spectate mode is dead.

88.65.87.60:10800
should be better now

If a different fag wants to play, join me at
104.32.0.5:10800

PLEASE READ: AN URGENT APPEAL TO PARTICIPANTS

Another very important thing, before I forget. If you can't host and enter the tournament, you absolutely need to install a workaround of some sort to be able to host in case you get paired up with someone else that also can't host. It doesn't really matter which one, but I recommend Evolve from the OP. You'll also need to save a replay from your matches (you always get a prompt to do that at the end of each match by default, can set to always save in settings) and send it to the strmer so the people can have memes.

Incidentally, when we were testing Evolve earlier, there were a couple of problems. First is, confirmation mails for accounts were getting a fuckton of time to arrive, up to an hour. Second is, to add people into friends, both accounts need to send confirmation mails and add eachother manually. You can then use a party system to host a game with your IP's that Evolve assigns you regardless of port forwarding. If you absolutely cannot forward ports, please use this method or coordinate among yourselves to use hamachi, tuungle or some other stuff to do this. Thank you.

ggs sayaka guy

GGs
88.65.87.60:10800 anyone else wanna play?

PLAY ME MOTHERFUCKERS.

I hate all you niggers.

I'll suck your dick

fug :DD
I can't attend the tournament due to REASONS.
You'll need to strike Willy from the tally.

Scratch that, isn't that president's day?
Nevermind. I can stick around for that time.
I'm a dumb faggot

Sign me up cuckboy
t. kimeemaru

Who's playing?

nobody.
If ya' got an evolve account I can host to circumvent my dumb router's limitations.

24.137.251.64:10800
Don't know if it'll work, port forwarding should be set correctly

You either don't have sokuroll on or something is really fucky with your firewall. Either way, seems you got it to work somehow.

What would the technical term for that distinction be?

t. Fewgunz, but likes them

Done fag.

Game is up again, come fite

Open again
A few more rounds before I sleep

GGs

someone host i need my ass kicked
or i'll kick someone's ass

hosting, 135.0.144.44:10800
someone join so I can verify it works

gg radi
Fug you

I'm away.

Anti-materiel rifles are often used by SNIPERS, the pic isnt telling us the gun IS a sniper rifle.
Not to mention you just pulled that definition out of your ass since there are sniper rifles with free floating barrels with the sight pretty much just like in that pic.
I wish retarded wannabe /k/ommandos would stay in their board.

It's a made up term. First of all, there is no such thing as a 'sniper rifle', it's just a rifle. Sniper comes from hunters who would be hunting a very small and hard to catch bird called a Snipe.
In military terms, a 'Sniper' is an individual who uses a small arms weapon to hunt unsuspecting targets, be they personnel or materiel, from extreme distances while attempting to remain relatively unseen, though usually they also perform scouting and recon missions as well. Their weapon can be pretty much anything that can fufill that purpose, it just happens that usually they are outfitted with purpose-built high caliber weapons with a scope attachment but even in WW2 Snipers have used just regular infantry rifles such as Mosins, M1's, K98's, etc, with a scope. Heck i think i once read about a sniper using a shotgun once.

Eitherway, that other user is pruporsely making shit up. The role of the user is what marks the 'Sniper' denomination, a 'Sniper Rifle' is just a rifle being used by a Sniper, it doesn't matter what the fuck is on the rifle or where as long as it can fufill its purpose.
Furthermore, a .338 Artic Warfare rifle variant AW-M to be precise, british-designated L115A3 has the second-longest sniper infantry kill in the world, which was first place since 2009 until just last year when a canadian decided to ruin somebody's day with a Tac-50.

Your meiling is breddy fugging good. I should really stop highjumping at the beginning of rounds.

And I need to stop whiffing basic chains.
I want to believe it's the lag that's throwing me off but I'm probably just shit at doing inputs consistently

up again, let's play

Thank fucking god, thought I missed it.

Enter me in.
Name: Zed
Timezone: east coast burger

Been a while since I've flexed remi. Gonna have to practice while the euros are beating up on each other before I get back into the saddle
Timezone

Added.

Clearly I didn't bully you people hard enough

I bet you couldn't bully me if you tried.

Did the europoor tournament already happen? I can't find it on the Twitch unless my calendar is off.

see

I have played against exactly zero human opponents. Sign me up as Komachi.

Done.

Fug, sorry for not reading. Polite sage.

haha
Time for games
104.32.0.5:10800

ggs I suppose, I thought there was only that Marissa guy that was good at the game on the board, nice to see that guy might get some competition.
Serb is still up

videogames practice

I left the computer as I submitted my post and it didn't go through. Captcha is so stupid. There's no way to get used to it.

Nice to see another Alice. I had to leave but I'll still be able to play tonight. The Marisa player is the host of this tournament. I'm not sure if he'll be playing.

I won't be unless there is something that causes people to leave in droves. I'll still host if people wish to practice and for some exhibition matches if cytube runs out of memes.

Or unless there's 15 participants exactly when the tourney starts, I suppose, just to pad the numbers. I'll shitpost with Suwako though.

GG meiling
I'm done for now, got some stuff to do

fuck it
72.79.120.37:10800
If anyone wants in just reply.

Connection failed, can't spec. You must be playing someone already.

12 people, looks like I haven't been bullying people hard enough.

108.39.226.26:10800

Rip in pepperoni. Can't focus today, could have won two rounds instead of one if not for that. Polite sage.

I just wasn't hosting honestly
Its up now if you're still up

Still up?
My configuration might have just cucked me really hard.
Windows firewall decided to suddenly become active and ask if soku could access the network.

because if you still are, I may have just been cucked out of joining anyone.

I am now

Well phew, my firewall didn't cuck my shit up.

GGs
I feel like Sanae's item is useless

Still up for a match?

I'm not sure which of us disconnected but GG. A higher latency would have been nice. It was a little laggy. I can't get used to Yuyuko's dial A. I keep thinking it's over too early. That make me drop my guard so many times. I'm totally inexperienced vs Yuyuko.

Lag was probably on my end, I'm far from my router. I still can't get a read on when Alice is gonna do the spiked doll thing.

Yeah sure

you still up?

fug, already found another game. Just a sec.

There we go :^)

Gotta drop prematurely, GG

y-you too

shit I didn't mean to sage

Fite me.
96.35.123.116:10800

Bah, I'll recheck my ports.

how does this tournament would work anyway ?
host telling that guy to connect to other guy and then manualy doing scoreboard ?

Host is gonna have to spectate for sure.

anyway tournament is tommorow right? sign me up as rectangular time UTC +1 central yurop

idk if I'll make it lads.

Uh, isn't it 7 pm EST?

88.65.87.60:10800 Join if you want to do a few rounds.

I thought this shit was Saturday.

/radcorp/ did it by using cytube and a spectator.

There was a Euro version that got scrapped when only me and another nigger signed up.

Oh right, that makes sense.

see

a designated strmer will spectate the matches
in case two people that can't host get matched up, evolve is used unless they want to use some other workaround
if evolve is used, strmnigger will be able to spec the matches as is, otherwise you throw him a replay of matches afterwards
all results are reported to hostfag that will update scoreboard as the games progress
fun is mandatory, winner gets a huge bag of dicks and the right to call himself THE TWOHOO CHAMPION

7 UTC

You're looking at the wrong challonge? the euro one would have been on 7 PM UTC. The burger one is at 12:00 AM UTC/7:00 PM EST

please wait warmly for an op that's actually readable

DELIVERED

2 hour warning

Anyone around that can help me test my connection?

120.150.174.151:10800

PRE-TOURNEY GAMES

94.188.40.99:10800 GET IN NOW

I'll try starting it again. maybe I had spec turned off

Alright seems to work fine, put Illithid in the bracket just to make it an annoying 15 players

GAMES SOON, ANYONE PRESENT GET IN THE CYTUBE ROOM TO CHECK HOW MANY PEOPLE WE GOT

also brb editing brackets good games

Good games. I'll never not get fucked by that counter

actually, can I use vampires kiss to get you out of counter?

Counter is broken if Sakuya gets hit by bullets. Therefore Remi just needs to spam her overpowered C moves to win against that.

Actually, I don't know whether grabs are considered a melee move or not. They probably are.

I'm thinking like a retarded person and hoping I can punish you at the end of it, but I'm pretty sure you can just instablock when it ends. I know I need to shoot boolit, but my feeble little brain can't react fast enough

!!! WARNING WARNING !!!

The tourney has 15 people in it. If anyone else wants in on things you better join in the next hour or so, otherwise the mysterious MEME_MAN will join the tourney to fill the last spot.

Brackets are more or less done and I'm going back to hosting. IP is 94.188.40.99:10800

Pretty sure you can punish Sakuya's counter with melee, it's just that the timing is really strict.

post about it in the other 2hu thread. You might be able to snag someone

Grabs are unblockable/ungrazeable melee moves but melee-invuln moves, such as marisa's DP, can infact make it fail.

Am I late

We're starting in like an hour, strmer is playing primary games, the scrub that he is.

You can join the tourney right now if you haven't already. Memes are being streamed in the cytube ahead of time here cytu.be/r/koisheep

I already joined, I was just checking in.

This game hates me, whole match was a white screen.

Is there still a spot open?

Yes, now sign up and take care of the netplay problems if you can't host because that shit takes too long to do.

Yes registration is still open. We're less than one hour away to start the tournament.
Post your nick if you are or just shitpost in cytube to ultrarad if you're joining.

With the inclusion of a final SIXTEENTH PARTICIPANT MEME_MAN fucks off back to where he came from. The tourney is good to go, strmfag link is in the OP, right now some exhibition matches are up. Around 40 minutes till the thing starts.

Dropping out because it's half an hour until the tournament and it just occured to me that I probably should have tried to learn how to port forward.

Nevermind then, if no one else joins I'll play.

Pretty sure you're not the first match. You can ask to postpone to unfuck whatever it is you have to unfuck.

This too. You can get Evolve to work in that time period, all you gotta do is play.

You don't necessairly have to host if you're playing, just use Evolve or ask in cytube on how2pf and test your shit.

I just got home, is it too late to join?

Get in on cytube and say what you want to be signed up as. Make sure you can host - if you can't, get Evolve and register asap.

I need a link. A search brings up nothing.

link to evolve*

evolvehq.com/download

ten minutes fugger

OK, put my name back in. Sorry for being a retarded nigger.

Quickest way to get the email is to have the confirmation sent via the client itself.

Account takes more than half an hour to get e-mail confirmation needed to add friends and do games. If you can't get it up on time ask for an account in the thread.

I use to play the hell out of this game back in 2010. I tried playing it again last night and was trash.
I think I use to main Reisen and Marisa back then, I'll practice a bit and see if I can get back into the grove enough to try playing with you all.

Too late for a quickie?

hotpoc do you know how to host?

ATTENTION
Whoever signed up as Zed in the brackets, matches will start soon and if you don't post or show up in cytube, you'll be disqualified for inassistence.

Also
GAMES ARE STARTING NOW
join up and shitpost at cytu.be/r/koisheep

IT'S HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE

jews win

ANNOUNCEMENT
We are missing MIDWAY and his match is right up next, if you are lurking the thread, please show up on Cytube or at least post in here if you can't.
You will be disqualified in a few minutes if you don't.

Midway, you're on. You're gonna get disqualified if you don't show up.

Sure is SIDF in here.

Midway here, might as well pull me off the bracket, because I didn't bring my controller or practice. I did get to play once with some bro here for like 5-10 minutes.

checked

one day

Where is best fairy?

right here

wrong

Anyone want a quickie while we're waiting?

I'd play, but i'm not sure wine works with sokuroll.
I'm never able to join any games.

24.137.251.64:10800

Are you a remi? I could do whatever, but im about to face another one.

?

Up at>>14352483

I'm a Yuyuko

oh fuck it

y-yeah, i don't know what's wrong with my game.
I'm even using a vpn and it still work work.

won't work*

Don't get a mac next time. We all fall for bad memes sometimes

Wasted

i unironically use gentoo

Works on my Gentoo machine; albeit my connection is bad most of the time.

CCB9 CONFIDENCE STATUS: BUTT DEVASTATED

I-I'll get better for next time

Witch 2hu would you fug?

It depends really

FINAL MATCH SOON
TRAINS VS DOLLTIST

Fucking finally

Dolls wins the match
We're free!

That was a 7 hour stream. Could have gone a bit faster but it was fun. Can't wait for the next one.

Exhibs are a go

Reminder there's an active IRC channel for touhou games. irc.rizon.net #2hu8ch

Dolltist won the tourney and then lost in the exhibition match. GO THE FUCK TO SLEEP

FUMO REVOKED

Stream over. That was fun. Thank you to all who participated.

Come visit IRC if you want to play videogames or bitch at people for making this best of 3.
t. organizerfag