Video game myths

Post myths on several different video games

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Maurb
ssbwiki.com/Master_Hand_glitch
dothack.wikia.com/wiki/The_Ending_World_(Games)
everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zones.html?zstrat=104
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What is the catacomb crabbo? Why is he there? What is crabbo's purpose? What are the L O R E implications?

what the fug am i watching

Some guy using an Old Man tts finding out why a crab spawns from a skeleball.

What are these two?

Can’t say for the first but the second is a fairly popular creepypasta/mod for Morrowind.

Look to the sky.

The alleged seventeenth colossi from Shadow of the Colossus.

There were others who shared this title, mind you. But I like this one the best.

The Bedouins say that Bethesda has made a good game. Civilized men know this to be a lie.

Indeed, they have made several.

The first is a piece depicting an alleged 17th colossus in Shadow of the Colossus, and the second is a screenshot of Morrowind with a necromancy mod and a set of custom equipment posted alongside the jvk1166z.esp creepypasta.

You forgot your song

Once there was a good video game.

Remember when you were young enough to think video games could be haunted?

I don't think I ever genuinely did that, but I'm able to playfully entertain the thought.

Bullshit.

Well when I was younger I legitimately thought ghosts were real because I watched a bunch of supernatural horror movies when I shouldn't have. I doubt it's something a younger child wouldn't think in any case.

Jesus nigger at least post Sleepycast shit. Why animators are unable to use one of the thousands of models available for gmod is beyond me.

I remember one time when some of my classmates and I were together in one of their houses crowded around the TV playing some PS1 game (iirc, might have been N64 in this specific instance - we did things like this a lot). The game in question we were playing was 3D third person and you played as a girl with this dress/skirt on. Now, my friends and I, being the prepubescent but sexually curious kids we were, brought up the idea of moving the camera down so you could see under her dress/skirt. The kid who owned the game said he would have done it himself on his own time but his parents are usually in the same room and he didn't want to get in trouble. In any case, we were alone and it was pretty late out so we got him to do it. Turns out, there wasn't any panties, it was just kind of a no-effort black abyss. Here's the strange part: we kept the camera down there trying to inspect the 'abyss' to see if maybe there's some semblance of panties, but just then a really frightening face replaced the texture of the blackness under her skirt and a very loud and annoying sound played - almost like a screamer. Anyways, we all screamed as well and woke up the kid's parents and we were told to go to bed and didn't continue, but we all just reasoned that it was probably a built-in mechanism to stop you from looking upskirt. Pretty damn effective if you ask me.
My problem with the whole thing is that, if you're gonna scare us, at least put in the effort of actually giving her panties to look at, otherwise it all seems kind of useless. If I can find the game again I'll try it out.

I'm glad, the show was getting stale by the end and ever since the move out of the house because their cunt of a land lord they were struggling harder and harder to stay connected, the fact that they failed terribly to establish the CleepyCabin offices that Stamper worked tooth and nail for doesn't help things either

If I learned anything from WWEW, it is that good things must die before they turn to shit.

I can't even listen to Shmucks so you're probably right

WWEW, I miss you

You've peaked my interest. What went wrong with SleepyCabin?

Remember the analogies of Sleepycabin being like Holla Forums, but in a podcast? It became like Holla Forums, but in a podcast.

Nothing really. Most of the members just split up because they pursued their own projects. You have to keep in mind that when it started most the the members were barely old enough to drink and living in the same house so there was always a lot of shenanigans as it was essentially a family of faggots living together in a frat house.

Now, Cory and Johny Utah are working on a shitty beatemup flash game that looks incredibly uninteresting, Zack and Chris are trying to put their show on air. Nile is a fucking lost beta who doesn't know what he wants to do with his life, and I genuinely don't know what the fuck Stamper is doing besides drinking vodka in fast food joints while shitposting on Twitter (and frankly that's probably for the best}.

The fuck is Michelangelo's David doing in a crapper?

Stamper is such a pure soul.

Looking worried at women pooping.

Have some more. his liver is going to implode before age 50 and there is nothing you can do about it

God bless Stamper.

I still want the guard dog. I know it was a joke but still I spent way too long trying figure out why it wasn't real.
Anyone else kinda miss the days of there actually being internet myths? Before dataminers fucked everything and the internet was ruining it all

Better to burn twice as bright and only half as long.

Fuck you Adrian from 4th grade
Getting 5 Machamps at level 50 didn't do shit against the truck

You remembered to have strength and the surfing pikachu right?

I didn't have the surfing Pikachu

Post more you cunt.

I had more but I don't remember where I put them. Just check out his twitter. All he does is reply to himself in a drunken stooper and banter with Fulp and his old Sleepycabin crew. I saved a lot for you fags, somebody else do it, I can barely tolerate this place let alone social media sites

Made me smile

If you collect 100 coins from Bowser's first stage from his fireballs, you get unlimited lives. FACT.

Also, in Halo CE the first jump in the tunnel after you get the Warthog is doable on foot.

Jewish culture is defined by the destruction of the pure and beautiful. Within 30 years, someone will take a sledgehammer to the original David and the act of doing so will be called art. Nothing you can do will stop this.

He will be missed. Better to mourn now and write him off than trying to prevent the inevitable.

archive.is/Maurb

I can't listen to the last episode of the podcast they released because I refuse to believe Stampers voice is like that.

He's always had a facade that makes him look bigger than he really is. I don't know where the love for him came from. Stamper's a degenerate on par with Shadman.

Who the fuck is Stamper?

So what? He was likeable, just like the rest of the crew.

A lost soul. Weep not.

I only cared about his voice. Nothing more.

Stamper's in San Diego working on Pit People. I have a hunch that he's gonna bounce as soon as that's over and go back to Philly because Cali's such an unwavering hellhole in every respect.

Fashy goy has that ded steamgroup I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole and there is also the project reality wwew variant, but it ain't PS2, which is a very good thing

Did you really fucking think he went throughout his days in life talking like he sounds on fucking BattleBlock? Also the last episode out is pretty good actually.

Are those guys still around? I used to play with them, but one day the disagreement got nuked out of the blue. I kinda stopped playing PR, but I'm still curious about it.

I guess Mark still has some faggy wordfilter up.

Yeah head roach couldn't handle a sustained hostile bantz over, he nuked the server to hinder the migration. We played 3.5 rounds tonight with a 5-7 wwewlads squad but it had been a while since the last time. goycord.gg/ZTbxTh if you're still interested

If you listen to him in the podcasts he's actually pretty humble. Dunno where you're getting this shit from. I mean yea he's a degenerate but he would probably just say "so?" and laugh at your ass.

Has anyone heard the myth of the good e-celeb?

Have you heard about the mystery of dubs?

Even if you're making shit up, I'd like to see this put in a game.

Lets not forget the very dawn of the internet where a webpage was as reliable as bathroom stall grafitti and official guides were fucking messes.

I had a friend who was a very notorious bullshitter, he used to talk about how to unlock Luigi in SM64 and then embarrassed himself when he couldn't do it giving a million different excuses. he would lie about fucking everything, even his fucking height.
He was the first kid I ever heard about shiny pokemon from. Thanks to him I thought shiny pokemon were bullshit for at least a year, probably more.

I had a similar experience from a faggot I used to watch who would tell me the Wallmasters from Ocarina of Time had an alternative animation where if you cut them the wrong way with the word you would cut off only some of their fingers instead of killing the fucker. Now that I look back on it he was a pretty good liar. I bet him and his butt buddy are selling car insurance right about now.

anons talking about e-celebs and discod
pure cringe

I don't consider it a myth, but a theory that the Trick Master in Pokemon R/S/E was most likely a pedophile. The Trick Master, who shares an overworld sprite with the Poke Fan, seemed to have nervous mannerisms. Whenever the player enters his house they are warned that they are being watched by the hidden trick master whom the player must find. The man coerces the player to attempt to find him in the 'back of his home'. When entering the labyrinth areas of his home the player may encounter YOUNGSTERs, LASSes, and SCHOOL KIDs throughout the rooms who seem eerily confused as to how and when they ended up in the house. The mazes may have been a front for a child rape dungeon and their renovations a way to move around the children so they don't figure a way out. The child trainers in the mazes have probably tried their luck at passing the mazes themselves to win a special prize from the master himself. But they must have failed, and as a consequence, are held against their will in the house. Whenever the player meets the trick master at the back of his house he seems irritated and likely punishes his captives for not beating another potential captive in battle. When the player beats all of the Trick Masters mazes he suddenly and without apparent reason decides to leave his house and go on some kind of journey far away. It is never made clear what the man does with his home upon departure. He is never seen or heard from in the game again.

I don't get it.

It's just a passing resemblance, not worth getting.

AH, I see now. They both look similar and like numales. Gotcha.

I hope for you this is bait user.

Meaning?

Wasn't there that myth that you could obtain the triforce in OoT? I only heard about it long after it was debunked. I think the unicorn fountain was related in some way.

Hey user, did you know in Melee, if you put the controller in slot 3 and fuck around with the name entry screen, you can play as Master Hand??

I think I remember that, actually. I don't remember if it was true, though.

There's a spot in Zora's Domain underwater where there's an indent under the water that child link can't reach and adult link can get to with the iron boots but you have to glitch under it because it's frozen over by then. ""Supposedly"" that indent hides what would have been the entrance to Unicorn fountain, the room that held the Triforce, or at the very least a piece of it until the devs realized they had to cut a shitload of content.

The first pic you posted is just links model forced into one of the cut scenes and the second pic actually looks legit but is probably just a fan recreation. You have to keep in mind that Ocarina of Time ha a lot of cut content and if the devs had it their way we probably would have got what was in the second pic as a necessary stop before you fought Ganon.

It's about as plausible as playing as a fucking thwomp in Mario Kart 64.

yeah, it was based on the extremely early footage of the game and the fact that there appeared to be slots in the item collection sub screen. Always seemed kind of stupid and I'm sure if you just prodded the code very briefly you'd find that those slots are inactive and never had anything mapped there, existed purely aesthetically, and there was nothing in the game like it.

Seems like hopefulness and making mystery out of nothing.

It is true, I just love how it sounds so much like "that kid" bullshit
ssbwiki.com/Master_Hand_glitch

Were there any other "that kid" myths that sounded like bullshit but were actually true? Thanks for the link, fam.

Well fuck me. After all thee years of BS myths in the 64 version I didn't think that this shit was true.

Speaking of that fucking game, I remember legends of being able to enter Peach's castle. That shit pissed me off so much when I was younger when I found out there wasn't any way to actually do it.

In Crash 2, bouncing on a box like 200 times gives you every crystal.

I remember that I thought I was hot shit for discovering how to skip most of Rainbow Road by strategically throwing yourself off the edge at certain points.

That's fascinating. Do you know the reason why that happens? Is it related to the polar bear in the warp room or something?

here's a good secret.

it's a little saddening to know that little things like this aren't really going to be a thing again in games. dark souls and demon's souls did it well and they were very difficult to data mine, but thanks to how easy it is these days I don't see it happening any more.

for some reason the game is counting bounces on the unbreakable crates, probably using the same code as the bounce crates that give you wumpa fruit. I imagine this is how it knows when to break itself otherwise. Since this is an unbreakable crate, it just keeps moving down the position in memory until eventually you hit a crystal, and to ensure you get something from it you land on the walrus which bouncing on them sequentially normally gives you wumpa fruit, but the game is pointing to the address for crystals/gems so it gives you one of those instead.

that pic hurts more than it should
Also bump. Anybody know more N64 shit?

I remember when I was a kid and watched videos about myths in video games. Good times.

Is this shit still in the remake??

Damn how far we've come

Explain yourself.

I had the file saved in a reaction folder and I mainly use it to express great interest. The fuck else is there to explain?

I'm pretty sure my copy of Dark Souls is haunted though.

Just as I expected.

What the fuck is your point?

his point is
lurk moar newfag

Because he didn't like my filename?

once exploits are found to float, we'll find out.

You need to lurk moar, five years at the least.

I'm not even going to bother giving you free (You)s anymore.

Do you want to fuck that hand glitch?
Are you that guy that has the deviant art full of pictures of disney character's gloved hands?

Good, why not just stop posting period, newfag

Looks like it. Some people lose their minds trying to "detect" newfags.

it's the clearest desperation from people trying their hardest to fit in.

we have a way of dealing with children like yourself.

Alright, you fucker. Just because I don't name my file as "Holla Forums personified as a character looking interested", that doesn't mean I don't know what it is. Try to get laid soon, faggot.

Stop fucking posting, newfag.

You're not even trying at this point.

trying, you say

You just won't stop will you

But I'm telling you to stop.

we have IDs here, my sweet summer child.

It was meant for

Oh teh noes he didn't make specific mention of a dank horsefucker maymay from Holla Forums whatever will we do?
Oh that's right, we'll live.

>>>/reddit/
>>>/out/
Fucking newfags

This thread has been utterly faggotized my some nigger starting a newfag witchhunt. This is a thread about old vidya playground legends from before dataminging game files was an easy and widespread thing. Let's get back to the fucking topic.
One thing that always pissed me off was a door you couldn't enter. It's right there, but there's a fucking invisible wall or ceiling, or it's too high, etc. I remember a few games with this shit that playground kids would say you could get past to unlock something new or something.

learn english newfag

They say the original stalker was going to have three times the content, more of the existing areas reachable and used, more FMVs by plasticwax, English monolith voices, and an actually complete animation set.

Nope, because you didn't use that picture to convey the feelings that wants you to.

Seriously, many of the ways you activate data dump overflow sound like "that kid" bullshit.

its 4AFtHRS now

.hack//Quarantine
The Ending World - an area that is speculated to be within the game, but has yet to be found.. at least to my knowledge.
I say speculated because it's one of four "Legendary Lands", all other three can be accessed, each with a secret boss that can be fought in specific entries in the four part series, since this is the fourth game, it would make sense that there might be a secret boss found in this area, but no information can be found as to how it can be accessed, or if it can be accessed at all.

dothack.wikia.com/wiki/The_Ending_World_(Games)

Well mr. dynamic IP, if there was no hard proof you were a newfag before, there is now

I was looking for an image and didn't read the whole thread. No bulli.

I remember reading an MGS photo mode creepypasta that went more or less exactly like this

I apologize for my autism.

I swaer, some of these things just sound like complete bullshit because of that one kid on the school playground.

I think you've posted before about having a haunted game?

i've seen this before, and still can't find what's wrong with it

I always wondered why you could never unfreeze Zora's domain… It always seemed like a loose end to me, I mean since the water temple didn't effect it, why should defeating Ganon?

did you ever end up believing that you could unlock sonic in SSBM by beating 20 guys in cruel melee?
I remember that I used to tell the kids in school about that sometimes

Fucking kill yourself, yid. This is my current emotion. It's a happy emoticon, because you are triggered.

cheeky fucker

Oney get the fuck outta here.

you're retarded.

STOP FUCKING HAVING THE WRONG FILENAMES ON YOUR IMAGES
STOP IT!!!!

Yeah we bullied king roach into submission and we play sometimes. There is even everyone's favorite meme : gunnernacho.

If you weren't a fucking retard you'd see that's quoting what the newfag posted, you idiot

Yeah. There's been too much weird shit that's happened for me to be able to type it up in one post and nobody ever asks me about specifics like bosses or areas, so I always just post weird stuff and peace out.

Many things.
1) Not sitting down and losing control while using a bonfire.
2) The screen fill effect does not occur and so resting at a bonfire does not reset estus, spell uses, and enemy positions.
2b) Unattuning and reattuning spells restores their uses anyway.
3) Though it wasn't demonstrated, the only way to heal at a bonfire was to level up HP.
4) Kindling does nothing. I don't do the kindle animation, lose humanity, and increase bonfire level. It just exits me out of the menu.

Stop being autistic.

>the newfag's still here

Are we just going to trade (You)s and reaction images for the rest of the thread?

I'd like it if you both got banned. metafaggotry revolving around thought terminating cliches is cancer.

The thread is dead anyway. We should move on.

fuck It, you wanna know why your a newfag?
this is why

Fucking plebeian.

Jesus Christ, this is quite literally the definition of autism.

Nice myth thread you absolutely deranged stupid fucking niggerjews

wew lad

It's like not knowing what loss is. It's that bad

STOP HAVING THE WRONG FILENAMES YOU FUCKING FAGGOT HOLY SHIT!!!

This thread is fucking garbage and anyone who participated in it should be banned for the next 18 years because it's clearly full of underage faggots.

Man, they got me good with the dog.
I want to wake up

This is mostly correct but there's more to it. Any time Crash jumps on two different enemies (or otherwise hits one by spinning and another by the one being spun) he gains a wumpa fruit, two if he jumps on three enemies in a row and so on and so forth, in an effort to make players understand that they can use enemies to gain extra height. The wumpa fruit is stored in a byte that keeps track of all the collectible objects in the game, including the power crystals, which are treated as individual objects rather than just one that gets incremented once picked up. Because of how the game handles Crash jumping from a bouncing metal box, the unintended effect is that the same tick that moves of one digit every time he jumps on a new enemy also works for the single bouncing box, for as long as he can remain in mid-air state. However, the mid-air state can be kept indefinitely for some more code oddities where sliding and then spinning doesn't really count as being in a "landed" state, which is why you see shit like people TAS-ing the game by breaking just a bunch of boxes. When he hits the seal, the code in the game that keeps track of his reward for killing an enemy is ticked once more and upon landing he's awarded all the crystals. I'm assuming you can also do this for the gems but don't really know what's the difference, probably has to do with the fact that the Crystals must be obtained within the level while the gems are checked individually upon exiting the level.
I absolutely love tricks that involve fucking with the most basic elements of a game.

requesting the "this is true autism.webm"

i remember all the rumors and it just turned out to be a rock candy. super annoying.

All the autism is completely just, fuck you faggot.also that image is of an orc not a dark elf

Fuck off back to whatever shit hole you came from.

thanks man
thats the joke xD

Gimme your (you)s fucboi.

No one has even mentioned RDR? Shit, the haunted house zone and the chimera legends were crazy popular back in the day. I remember spending so many hours as a retarded child spooking my friends in that one basement where all the disembodied noises played. Not to mention the GTA carryover Bigfoot shit people were hunting for.

>>>/out/

This game is absolutely full of them because a lot of its mechanics are very cryptic and required some scientific testing and Gameshark hacking to elucidate. People would just project their expectations for how they think the game should work based on reality and spread around stupid rumors constantly. They persist for a long time because they take so much work to debunk.

My favourite game myth is the Fallout New Vegas is good myth.

bait elsewhere

The bait was good enough for you to give him a (You), faggot. Polite sage.

You'll get over it.

(1)

Can you give an example?

> This thread is fucking garbage and anyone who participated in it should be banned for the next 18 years because it's clearly full of newborn faggots.

I actually really like the concept of it, to this day. Read Borges - his stories are all about that sort of sense of it.

You know what, I'm sick of this "outsiders aren't allowed" attitude from this place. No wonder we kicked you all out back then if you were all this much of an asshole. All forums should be open to all people of any console, yet you treat us like Drumpf treats undocumented refugees. You know what? We're here to stay, deal with it!

Sure, people often thought that the more you rode around your horse the better it improved its stats for the horse races. People even would make elaborate training tracks where they would jump their horse over a bunch of posts. In actuality the horse's competition stat is the same as its happiness stat, which is rather simply increased by a discrete amount once per day by whistling, brushing, and getting on its saddle. Extra riding beyond that does nothing whatsoever.

oh wow, you gotta figure they just ended up cutting it being the last game and all. Really should go back and play those somehow, I found the first one to be kind of a slog at the end but the story was cool.

I remember my brother telling me people found out you had to be drunk to enter plane of mischief in everquest which people thought wasn't actually in the game for a long time after we had stopped playing. Can't find anything on it though.

Sim Copter had a disgruntled gay employee that got revenge on EA by inserting a flamboyant parade as an easter egg.

Except he fucked up and it happens all the goddamn time

worse, now EA inserts flamboyant parades as a matter of policy

0.124 seconds on google
everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zones.html?zstrat=104

I did find out it was in the game, but nothing about it being drunk to get into it. Sorry for the vagaries.

Like this?

Poison's dick.

Neat, I've never seen the latter bit.

Fuck, I'll bite.
STOP ACTING LIKE A NIGGERFAGGOT

@14332005
STOP USING THE N WORD YOU SHITLORD

I didn't subcribe to none of these podcast shows or know nothing about anything. I lived in a bubble my whole life, I've been NEET for a decade now but found 4chan so late but when I did I fit right in, I found my home.

Here you go fam.

That's quite a handy glitch.

Quit trying to palm off your shitty jokes.

Don't worry newfag you will fit in somehow. :^)

REEEEEEEE STOP HAVING WRONG FILENAMES
WHY DOESN'T ANYONE KNOW MY DANK Holla Forums HORSEFUCKER MAYMAY

Remember when some of these myths were actually true?

No

Most shit in Dark Souls read like that kid telling myths in the school yard

Speaking of dumb Myths, when I was a kiddo, some kid told me that if I spoke with the old man like a 100 times I'd get Mewtwo, my autistic lily ass believed to be true, so I spent an entire afternoon doing that.

The next day I was told I had to walk in circles for a good while, I spent the entire afternoon doing that in order to get mewtwo

how the fuck can you not realize how to get the mew two.
all you had to do was notice there is a spot where you can go but not until you have finished the game.

Cut my a break, I was 7.

Stop n swap is real tho

I don't have that one but I do have this one

Nice triple doubles. That game was fuckin hilarious.

Turns out the fucker really was under that truck all along.

And here you go Mr. Triples.
I would kill so much for a modern game of this type, it and Streets of Simcity had botched execution but excellent concept. With more polish and using what modern hardware can offer you could make something more fun today.

The fact that it hits another game's save is innovative

Don't you know why we tell you to "lurk moar"?
How would you treat some faggot that breaks into your house and eats your food? It's not their country, they didn't knock on the door and ask permission, and they don't belong here. Sage for replying to the derail again

Rockstar can say what they want but I FUCKING SEEN THAT SHIT.

what's the fucking point of posting it in the first place?

This was a very good video. Please submit to /n/

are you using dsfix? after I installed it and set the fps to unbound, sometimes my character wouldn't stand up after I left a bonfire, forcing me to restart the game.

I remember when I thought I had a future.

sauce?

I can't remember the details but I heard one from that fucking 8th grader Timothy that pressing A on every stone and tree in some city would reveal a passageway where you fight a Nidoking which you could catch and evolve into a NidoGod. Then of course I was told the mew under the truck one.

He's completely right, though?

I don't

I enjoy your transparent anger. Keep posting.

You talking bout the FO3 thread? Last I saw Obsidiots were being BTFO hard. Were you one of those faggots? lmao

This is a very complex image.

Every single one of you is a normalfag, and I want you out of my board by 2:00PM EST, Febuary 17th.

If I recall that threads nothing but FO3 crybabies failing to defend their shitty game. Stay mad cuck.

You recall incorrectly.

Sleepycast turned into RicepirateCast near the end.
So you know, uninteresting old man with shitty shallow opinions about the world who tries to emulate and then exacerbate anyone else's humour.
And as funny as Stamper can be, he's really just a white nigger who leads a very sad and unfullfilling life (I suppose like a lot of people here).

technically, season 2 isn't over yet. There's going to be 30 episodes in total (don't know which episode they're on). It's just gonna take a while since they only do the episodes if they're in the same room while doing it. They refuse to do it over skype.