There are no arguments against easy mode...

There are no arguments against easy mode. The only people that oppose easy mode are elitists that want games to be muh sekrit hardcur club

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/v/res/13904832.html
archive.is/6jsYl
twitter.com/AnonBabble

KILL ME NOW AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

user this is old news. Besides we already know that the left worships helplessness, and any display of skill, or mastery over your environment is evil. Sage because shit thread.

Faggot.

The only easy mode that I am fine with is the one that cuts the game early and gives you an early ending encouraging you to challenge yourself with the higher difficulties like in touhou and that one game where the journalist lied about playing on easy.

CUCKCHAN GET OUT

why

I have no problem with an easy mode, it should just be called "Ninja Dog" mode and unlock only after dying 5 times at the first level.

If you're not playing to win a game, which is why the game was created in the first place, what the fuck are you playing for?

A game should either have easy mode along with multiple other difficulties, or no difficulty selection at all. Easy+Normal only difficulties can get out.

you've just described every rogue and roguelike game ever

It should either be called "Game Journalist Mode" or "Soyboy".

this

Sure, but "easy mode" shouldn't be "press X to do everything", "skip boss battles" or "no consequence for your mistakes".
I am not a "hurr durr git gud" fag but man that video of that gaming journalists playing Cuphead's tutorial not being able to follow the on screen instruction was embarassing.
If you are that braindead then you should find some other hobby instead of asking game developers to lower the difficulty bar to monkey-tier level.

WHERE'S THE ARCHIVING ARCHIVE FAGGOT?

There are no arguments against no easy mode. The only people that oppose the lack of easy mode are 60IQ brainlets that want games to be for everyone!

I am reasonably sure you could teach a chimp to play a game effectively, so comparing game journalists to chimps is an insult to the lower primates.

Anyone got that pic of Valve changing a section of their game because one of their testers kept running in circles, or the one about Dishonored where the playtesters didn't go explore a part of the map because a guard told them they couldn't go upstairs?

Archive where?

dark souls isn't even hard, any singleplayer game that places emphasis on difficulty by lack of player knowledge and lack of giving the player any information at all is not "hard", it's "badly designed"

Yeah you are right, i apologies to monkeys, no offense intended.

(Checked)
8ch.net/v/res/13904832.html

Actually the difficulty of a game may be a relevant aspect of the story. For Dark Souls, an important element of the story is hollowing out, where as far as I know a person loses their will to live and turn into a mindless zombie that attacks any one that comes near. For example, Siegmeyer of Catarina turns hollow because you were there at every spot of trouble he had, and due to that, he learned to just wait for you to appear to help him, and lost his reason to continue adventuring, and by extension, to continue living.
If the game is difficult, then that is meant to be understood as the quest being difficult. If the player loses their will to continue fighting because its too hard for them, then that is their hollow transformation. A lot of games use their difficulty as part of the story and the overall experience, instead of demanding a lesser experience for yourself, just git gud

Dark Souls isn't difficult, it just requires players to learn the moveset of their weapon of choice, enemy locations and boss attack patterns, but asking even that is too much for normalfags.

Yes, there are.
The challenge a game can offer is related to your skill as a player, and every completed challenge gives you a reward according to the difficulty of said challenge. Easy mode involves removing challenges, dumbing down the abilities of the player to deal with said challenges, and removing rewards.
It's the difference between getting a participation award and a golden medal.

Speaking of difficulty modes, I hate when games lock the higher difficulties behind winning the game on lower modes. That shit pisses me off.

I want to fuck this cute cat girl!

Also, check em.

There is no reason for easy mode to exist. If you didn't want a challenge then you should have played a different game. Same thing goes to half-assed hard modes that just make enemies damage sponges.

There's also no argument about just watching a let's play/longplay/whatever the fuck on youtube to watch someone win the game in your stead
These people are not interested in video games, learning how to play and beat them themselves, they just want the social credits, same reason they're following only mainstream movies and sitcoms. They don't give a shit about the source material, it's about being "in" the current fad

Reported.

It's a way to assure that you learn the game first before jumping into greater challenges.
Except when the devs change the rules of the game in greater difficulties, forcing you to play the whole game differently, that's just bad game design.

hello new friend!

hello user!

There are no arguments for not having dubs, the only people that oppose dubs are coalburning single mothers and chink alcoholics sustaining their addiction with data sold from imageboards
Get the fuck back to >>>/cuckchan/

When faced with an arcade-like game which takes about fifty minutes to complete but losing all lives in it forces you to start the whole game over again, would you settle for practicing the game stage by stage in a practice mode until you can do a full run with one credit, or would you prefer a kind of Easy Checkpoint Mode where upon death you don't have to redo the whole game, but are sent back to the previous checkpoint of one or two minutes ago (with the trade-off that you get no extra lives in this mode)?

You're a nigger.

Nothing wrong with easy mode if the game was designed with Normal/Hard/Insane etc. first.

Though in the case of Dark Souls, having difficulty options wouldn't work. The games were hard to add to the immersion. You would die and have to traverse the world some more, reflect on your mistakes and perhaps find new routes and weapons.

OP is a (1) and done

Lurk a million years you fucking refugee.

How about you check my dubs you cuckchan slut

dubends on the game.

In a couple of decades games will reinvent themselves into being a pure cinematic experience. You will play them by streaming it directly into your console via Netflix.

We'll come full circle back to Dragon Lair, only that the game will play itself.

But there's one big reason user. Making more games modes take time and money to develop.

In difficulties especially, we all have suffered how easy or hard in some games is just a lazy shit where enemies have more or less life and everything is just more tedious or extremely easy.

Making an easy mode would take too much time to devs to get it right if you don't want a shitty mode where you can one shot kill everything. That means spending more money for a mode that people don't really care unless you are a game journalist. Even more in this era where you can just youtube any game if you don't really care about the challenge.

Niggers, please.

I prefer what some old games used to do, give you unlimited continues, but kick your ass back to the start of the stage each time you die with the score wiped.

Dark souls isnt even that hard, i dont get why shitlibs cry about it all the time.

(checked)
/thread

how old are you?

DaS isn't hard, but you have to pay attention, you have to learn from your mistakes and learn the mechanics of the game. These people don't want games, they want movies and they're buttmad that they can't get in on the "real gamer" cred because they're not gamers.

look at this dude

The first game depicts hollowing as falling into despair, yes - it's why Siegmeyer hollows because you don't allow him his chance to do something by himself (so he can feel he doesn't have to depend on you) or Laurentius hollows if you send him down into Blighttown for that secret Pyromancy teacher (because she only shows up to people who are good enough at Pyromancy, as shown by how she only shows up if you have an upgraded Flame) because he realizes he isn't good enough

I think Miyazaki also said somewhere that your character can only become a hollow if you quit the game, i.e. giving up against the struggle

>>>/cuckchan/

The NES was over 30 years ago, user.

JUST WATCH A MOVIE INSTEAD
STOP RUINING VIDYA FOR US ALL

Give them an inch, they will take a mile.

I thought you hollowed if you had no goal, and became aimless. If despair was the case why isn't the crestfallen knight a hollow?

user, I…

DQXI is out?

I felt pretty aimless in Da3 tbh, if that was the criteria, that pc would have succumbed.

Dark Souls had a easy mode from the start.
It's called two goddamn phantoms (fucking THREE in DkS3 + a blueberry whenever you get invaded) that voluntary babysits your retard ass through an entire level, boss included.

Honestly, what else do these fuckers want? Arrows that point to the objectives? Instantaneous healing?

If DSP can complete your game, then it's not "too hard"

Observe my numerals

The definition of the word is one.

game
ɡām
noun
1. a form of play or sport, especially a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck.

Easy mode and cinematic bullshit negates skill and strength requirements, and if it's a story based game that ends at the same results every time, or an action game where you can git gud and avoid all damage entirely, then luck is not applicable. Games are played to test and improve your skill against set requirements. Easy mode or skipping combat is tantamount to cheating. If you want to tell a story then fuck off to a different entertainment medium.

I think there were some others as well, and he just quietly dropped them as he realized there was no hope despite those games being made for casual first and foremost.

I'm gonna let you see for yourself how you and other skillfags are retarded, because it wouldn't be as rewarding if I told you. :^)

The only kinds of games where playing on Easy is ever allowed should be those with a million mechanics a la grand strategy and "rogue" "like" (using quotation marks as it's now just a catch-all term for any game with random generation and insta death), or if you've got some sibling that is an absolute casual and you want to ease him in, and all that only for about like three hours-ish, just long enough to learn the basic controls. Then if you don't pick the hardest difficulty setting by default you're just plain trash.

So why aren't you tearing a new asshole? He says to play on normal, not the hardest difficulty.

Hey OP, can you find new articles for once instead of the same shit everyone here has seen?

Checked. Only good thing left is more repeating digits.

This
Soycucks want to turn videogames into netflix.

The problem with this people is that they are those "muh mype" faggots that buy all the games on day 1 and lose interest the day after because another one is going to come out (omg is coming out! muh hype! already preordered!), so they want the games to be short to be able to finish it in time for when the new one is going to release.
They are essentially the equivalent of those hipster retards that buy the new model of iphone every year for no other reason than being able to say that they have "the one that just came out".

I don't give a shit either way, but I like it when games reward you for playing at higher difficulties.

Hard modes were only worth playing when developers actually bothered to balance them. Now it's all just "200% health, 200% damage" bullshit that serves to make the game uninteresting. Just play at the standard mode, it'll probably be too easy but at least every enemy won't be a fucking bullet sponge.

That's the point. Making games accessible to casuals ruined video games.

I am a homosexual man, and I am proud of it. I enjoy the whole dating thing, and sexual intercourse with an attractive long-haired-blonde blue-eyed trap - it's their eyes that make my knees weak. I prefer being on the bottom tbh. My favourite thing is when [she] cums all over my back, and then licks it up, and feeds it to me. I enjoy the taste of my own seed… but then, the sensation of being stretched open wide as your lover unloads inside you is also an inspiration. Being 'gay' is such a feeling of freedom, plus it's such a fantastic lifestyle - it's not all about sex. Happy Rainbow Bubbles to you all!

I've long held the belief and practice that you should play games at "the difficulty the developer intended" rather than picking hard to show how cool you are or easy to be a pussy. It's usually normal or whatever the difficulty menu defaults to, but sometimes it straight-up tells you "the difficulty [game] was meant to be played at," like in Halo it's Heroic mode. This is what the game is balanced for, and unless they REALLY went all-out with attention to detail and good AI, the others will be shittier in comparison. Either tedious if the enemies are bullet sponges, frustrating if they have supernatural good aim and reflexes, or boring if it's just too damn easy. If I play the way the devs intended me to play, then I get the best experience possible and I can accurately judge the game's merits. Once I finish that, if I like it enough, I'll go back and fuck around with other difficulties, but most of the time I don't enjoy myself as much and my theory holds true.

Is that easy mode or hard mode?

/sp/ was right to leave us

oh a data mining thread not like there is an actual thread here that doesn't work for that

…alright
The challenge is part of the fun
It will show just how well the game is crafted to be hard and fair and how much can you master it if you so desire

(checked)

You just described games "journalism".

The argument that you ought to have a strong grasp of a game's mechanics before being allowed to complete it is entirely legitimate. It is a great thing for people to talk about a game with each other afterwards with the understanding that they all went through the same experience.

I second this.

Or say "it is the Dark Souls of this genre" for the sake of it.

I wish more games were like Quake where the help section inside the game tells you "hey dumbass play Hard just like us who made this game, but you can play anything else if you like, even the difficulty we hid in the hub world".

Of course I'm an elitist, and you're right there aren't really arguments against easy mode, the issue is now that standards are so low because of "Broad appeal" easy mode might as well play the game by itself.

Hollywood did the same thing to appeal to critics and the Chinese; they made their shit flat, plastic, and stale in the name of appealing to the lowest common denominator

Not saying they cannot but just because you can doesn't mean you should. If a game has no gameplay then what's the point?!

And yet the Chinese didn't like it.

I can't believe the named the new Star Wars movie "A HAN Solo Story: Get It? Han Solo! Han, Like Most of You Gooks!"

I'm all for easy modes but dark souls 3 is not hard so why should it have an easy mode?

It would interfere with the multilayer component.
Dark Souls has an easy mode, anyway. It's called online walkthroughs and using summons.
If that's not enough, play Skyrim. There are plenty of fantasy games for people who don't want a challenge.

Marxism isn’t about winning. It’s about being. Do you not know what Common Core is?

These soy boys deserved to be gassed.

What are these goofballs going to write when the DAS1 remaster comes out

Easy mode would also damage the brand, and I think Bamco know this.
Deserved or not, it's reputation of being "the hardest game ever!" made Dark Souls a hit.

"It's Dark Souls but it's like Dark Souls"

Can't say I'm surprised.

"Dark Souls is the Souls Dark of Demon's Dark Souls"

His head is really bulbous like the "tfw to smart" wojak, too.

It's the Demon Souls of Darksouls

It’s the massively multiplayer online game of third person shooters.

So, like Battlefront 2?

No, that’s the third person shooter of first person lootboxers.

Every game should have an easy mode
It should also patronize the absolute fuck out of the player and have large amounts of content cut for the real versions

I reserve the right to memory hole the piece of shit "reboot" that might as well not even exist.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LOOK WHAT YOU CUCKS DID TO MHW!!!

>game ends after you kill Spider Titties stray demon with NG+ health and damage

More reasons to murder soy boys.

haha you guys are great, thanks for the (You)s

archive.is/6jsYl
It doesn't look as bad as I thought it would.

they really don't play video games

Why is the adjective brit used that much by wannabe e-celebs ?

Trying to take advantage of retarded Americans who think the Brits are intellectually superior to themselves based on their accents.

Rolls off the tongue, easy to remember, somewhat catchy, and even the least creative person can come up with a name like that. It's the instant ramen of naming conventions.

Easy mode is too much for Journalists.
1) It should be a controlled experience so filled with gayshit like level scaling.
2) It should work on the assumption that they would more likely blame the game over themselves.
3) It should work on the assumption that they would most likely never finished it.
4) It should be very clear that it doesn't reflect on the actual game.

Every Easy mode should have a very clear indication of it being an easy mode to out faggot journalists.

remember games that would mock you for picking easy mode like god hand or viewtiful joe? I'd love to see those tears if that happened now

Report this bullshit. We've had a influx of (1) and done cuckchan tier OPs and the janitors aren't doing shit about it.

Faggot journalists would damage the game's score and hurts its sales if you do that. The same with cut content.

It isn't just Brits. There's a neverending supply of shit like "That Gaming [animal]" "The [adjective] [person]"
I can't put into words how or why it bothers me, since there's nothing wrong with AdjectiveNoun and other basic English. But none of them are the "The" if there's forty different "The Gaming Badger" accounts. It's the xXx_xXx of people who think they're too good for xXx

At least the xXx shit can be ironically funny. xX-Smokehole_Naruto-Xx

Then what the fuck is reporting gonna do? Just let this trash board die like they want it to.

God fucking speed! Reviews a game that he never played again.

"The Dark Souls of Remasters, Literally" I would assume.

Fuck off. What do they think Dark Souls is, a genre of its own? Jesus Christ this industry needs a purging.

t. person who never played one

Well, I couldn't get to the end game content of PoE because I got banned for funposting in the general chat before that point

The same reason numales become feminists.

Bonk handles difficulty like that. I'm against most selectable difficulty levels. It interferes with game design. If you want to allow customization add sliders like M&B

Being banned in the chat does not impede you in any way, except trading.

Really? I wasn't able to log in after my ban was extended to more than 200 hours. Maybe I should reinstall it and try again.

Here's this for you.

The problem with playing to win is that people expect to play a video game out to the end. This means a video game company has to actually finish making a video game; or present the illusion of a completed game. But if no one plays to win anymore then they can just make a movie like they wanted to do in the first place but for some reason decided to fuck up video games by making them movies. You dont win movies. You do win games. These people never wanted to make games.

saved

Stream it
Chimp playing SMB vs that AI

Nigger, you have all the fucking letters for the word in the base image already; just copy, paste, and manually adjust to make the replaced word fit right. Nice digits though.

If you want a passive experience where you just let things happen, video games are not for you :)

I'm not that good at lining things up

Guides, and "snap to -> guide" are functions in image manipulation programs (the decent ones anyhow) for a reason. But the best case scenario is if you actually know what the original font/font size/alignment are, since then you could essentially replace the text with the proper format for it to look natural regardless (instead of having to eyeball it some like I did there). That requires digging around in CSS though to find what all the rules applied are (some might override base rules for a font's text flow), and I'm not familiar enough with twatter anyhow.

Why don't they know how to open up the chat window?

Did you miss the (((Greenbaum)))?

Why is this thread still going? The article in the OP is from 2016.

Thanks for tips, I'll remember that next time I try my hand at some OC Spoiler texting is fun :^)

Yeah, if you want to mimic something the right way, using something to view the CSS is useful. Just make sure it's something that allows for you to manually inspect a given part and see what rules apply to it (be it specific or inherited from more broad sections it's contained within), or you're going to be digging through a lot of shit to figure it out.

successful bait thread huh

/thread

Discovery is one of the greatest feelings in gaming. People like you, who want to be spoon-fed with information, are cancer.

I'm gonna let you see for yourself how you and other casuals are retarded, because it wouldn't be as rewarding if I told you. :^)

The fact that video games can DENY you access to the rest of the video game for being bad at it is probably the only thing that even sets video games apart from books and movies.

I now pose the question: should the people who replied seriously be all banned?

PLAYING TO WIN
THE SMART ONES ALL GOT OUT
THE FOOLS NEVER GAVE IN

Yeah sure, ban all the people who wanted to talk about video games, then we'll just be left with faggots like you and OP

Saged.

All who seriously replied here and other cuckchan threads, like the TT one for example.

Talk? OP (1) was baiting and people have bitten, and seeing the replies, it seems only cuckchanners have bited

so

FUCK OFF WITH THIS SHITTY THREAD, REPORT THE CUCKCHANNER AND MOVE ON

Sage the thread you faggots. Maybe a porn dump will do.

That is precisely the argument.
And it is the only valid one.
All games must be for only the elite players, and not sub-human plebs.

dubs thread?

user, I have some bad news….

Yeah, it is the cult of the weak, the helpless, the won't-even-try.
The kind that would die out without others doing things for them, and the kind that if part of a group and stranded in the desert, would take their water ration, drink it all at once, then stab someone else in the back who had been drinking their water one sip at a time to make it last.
The weak must die out.

Path of exile is not challenging.
Try diablo 1.

All chess pieces should be able to move in whichever way you like.
Also, chess shouldn't require thought or experience or even memorising books of other people's moves.
It should always end in a draw after 3 minutes, whether you've move any pieces or not.
In fact, the game should not have turns, and just let you move the pieces around the board at will, or even off the board, why restrict people.
The same applied to all sports, education, work and relationships.
A complete free for all where there is no competition or effort required.
The government can randomly assign everything using a bingo machine.

That's the kind of future these people want.

That's why I always watch 15 playthroughs on youtube, buy a walkthrough book and read it cover to cover in one sitting, and use a hex editor to teleport around every game in noclip god mode to fully enjoy it on my first playthrough.
I also read the end of books first, and go to lectures where they explain the whole thing to me beforehand.
I also eat other people's excrement because I don't want to have to choose, buy, cook and eat food, I don't even want to digest it.