Feby 2018

What's your fave game you played this year? It doesn't have to be just released.

I'm enjoying Dragonball FighterZ fighting more than I think I should…

I think it's best if you leave, i'm sure you remember where the door is.

PS4 version

Really having a blast replaying FFXII now that it re released on PC, i don't like most of the new music though, they just changed some themes for the sake of change, the old ones were superior.

I am enjoying Mario Odyssey and still need to finish Yakuza 0

I've been enjoying shadow of the colossus a ton lately and it's so faithful to the original that I'm convinced its literally the same underlying logic, just tweaked to operate correctly at 60fps just with revamped graphics. It's pretty great to see this level of attention to detail in a game well known for its attention to detail. If it really is a new engine as they say then bluepoint did some amazing things.

A lot of my concerns have been addressed and the games been preserved tremendously. The physics are even fixed from the PS3s version and it seems like its a lot more reliable to pull off precise flings and jumps.

SE usually gives the options for the old music.

I've been thoroughly enjoying Lizard so far. It's an NES game that just released.

My lizard spit

I'm going through my first time playing Dying Light. It's quite grindy, but it seems well designed. I didn't expect to have this much fun with a contemporary game. I also didn't expect I'd have this much fun with a melee combat oriented game.

This shit, I don't think that I am supposed to take it seriously.

Been playing monster hunter world and shit am I having a great time. Gonna have to stop now since I've burnt myself out on the game but I'll be sure to get it on pc when it comes if it doesn't have denuvo.

Warframe.
Which isn't a good thing tbh.

That makes you infinitely worse.

Fortune summoners

But that's because I'm on a toaster waiting for parts to my new rig to show up.

Rudora no Hihou. I'm having a lot of fun with the mantra system.

Monster Hunter is much fun

Can't pick between these two. Both old now i know but i haven't got around to them before. Having a blast with both of em tho.

Macross game?

Macross 30: Voices across the Galaxy. Take the Artdink PSP games, add some JRPG and a fairly large original story and you have Mac 30.

Have I played any games this year?

I just finished Oracle of Ages, and right now I am playing F-Zero. Still working on my backlog.

Long overdue due to simply not running on my previous machine: dark souls.

I'll be glad when it's over though, because it's one of those games that pulls me in a bit too much, and I've been severely slacking on stuff I'm supposed to be doing.

All I've played so far in 2018 is Okami, DBZF, and monster hunter world. Despite being a bit thin on content compared to the last titles i've still had loads of fun with monhunworld so that would be my favorite if i had to pick. Looking forward to stuff like yakuza 6 and ace combat 7 though

I don't enjoy videogames that much anymore, I replayed Hotline Miami for the bazillion time a few weeks ago.

I've played 8 games for the first time this year so far. I generally prefer shooters, racing games, and RTTs and while I also like RPGs, I didn't think I was in the mood to get invested in an RPG right now but Zanzarah really has me captivated. Addictive Pokemon-style monster collection, fun FPS combat, and fantastic level design. This game should be regarded as a classic regardless of how much it rips off from Pokemon.

Conflict: Global Terror is another highlight. I love squad-based shooters and I think this is the best one I've played so far. Released the same year as Republic Commando but did everything better. The original Call of Duty also really surpassed my expectations.

thanks for video games

I'm enjoying environmental station alpha

you might like the rest, they're all pretty similar.

Daily reminder that there's nothing wrong with Denuvo.

All i´ve played so far in 2018 was max payne 1 and 2.

I have a cfw ps3 and i´ve yet to find games that interest me.

The reason why I had low expectations for CoD1 was exactly because I had already played a bunch of the later games. The problem with the later games is that the whole regen health and enemy respawning dynamic removes suspense from the game and makes it a tedious and repetitive experience.

CoD1 is also more suspenseful regardless because of how it paces its encounters. It keeps you guessing whether there is an enemy around the corner or not whereas other games would just have an enemy around every corner.

The allied NPCs in CoD1 are also more vulnerable and there are numerous moments in the game where you are encouraged to keep them alive because you'll have a much harder time on your own. With the rest of the CoD games, I don't remember giving much thought about allied NPCs, either too many of them were invincible or they were replaced too quickly for their deaths to matter.

The level of challenge in CoD1 is also much higher and clearly designed around M+KB. Enemies sidestep in irregular intervals and have faster and deadlier aim, requiring faster reflexes to deal with and further adding to the suspense in the game.

This isn't even baiting, it's just shitposting.

CoD 1, 2 and 4 are extremely different in pacing and game and level design.

Quake Arcane dimensions
The complete removal of hitscan makes it already top tier, but the lighting and level design makes it even better.

Have you played the Ninja Gaiden games? The first Ninja Gaiden Sigma is really good.

dbz is pretty fun for what it is, i like unist more overall though but idk if it even counts since [st] has been out for such a long time everywhere else

bear?

sucker of dicks

Probably Dimahoo.

got any webms of the qt fairies?