Is that doomguy on the cover?

Is it him or some other marine fighting demons? Also who is the other marine in the background?

Other urls found in this thread:

rome.ro/doomguy/
images.wad-archive.com/uploaded/e87375f967a7cc718077b5c5c7fff955/344445b7e78fb277b748b748a857c8f8/other/hdoom1.png
ice.8v.allowed.org:1488/wads/
12gameovers.mooo.com/wads
dropbox.com/s/yp1ixp2szp1aqzb/Incident666.wad?dl=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The marine in the background is Doomguy. The other mairne is clearly about to die.

Neither of them are Doomguy. Dead marines can be found in most levels of Doom.

The guy in front is Doomguy. John Romero explains it while talking about how he posed for the art during the creation of the cover.

Is there a video of John Romero saying that?

Who the fuck cares?

rome.ro/doomguy/
It's on his blog.

Why are his clothes all torn up and shit? Is he gonna end up naked?

Oh shit, I'm A MAN AND A HALF.

Obviously, it is Doomguy. The marine in the back is the second player character from co-op.

user, please.

Just because you shoot demons, doesn't mean you should forget your manners.

You forgot your sage.

What the fuck

Why does Doomguy only have four fingers on his left hand?

I think this is supposed to be his pinkie.

Thank God. That shit was bothering me.

Doomguy isn't a tough guy user. He disobeyed his CO's orders and owns a fucking rabbit as a pet. The marines who were killed before him were twice as fucking manly as he is.

Top fucking tier thread, boys. Keep up the good work, I'm proud of you.

Incoming Marksteinblatt oy veying about how this thread isn't directly sucking nintendo's cock in 3…2…1…

says the beta nerd faglord

Says the beta nerd faglord

And now they're dead.
Dead marines: 0
Doomguy: 1

What the fuck even is this thread?

The demons want some hot doomguy booty action.

Neither of those are the doomguy. The Doomguy is below, watching the scene. You can see his gun and an unsettled demon on the bottom alerted to his presence. Recall this is an FPS.

Owned. I wouldn't expect a nance bitch like you to understand.

The gun at the bottom is attached to a demons arm, you can see the green cable on it

Maybe doomguy is a demon.

Pansy.

No John, you are the demons.

absolutely nothing wrong with having pets or loving bunnies.

Well yeah. It's mostly assumed Doomguy still has a child's mentality.

Where are they? I don’t remember that level.

This isn't titty ninjas.

Stories like that is what makes good game developers great.

Is that an early Labo prototype?

Oh god fuck you.

That's not an elf you tard
bump

Rabbits is the patrician choice of a pet.

Alright, since the last Doom thread is nearly dead and devolved into psuedonamefagging, this is now the new Doom/Classic FPS thread.

Because you can eat them?

The only thing I would want to add to that is.
For some reason if those are on and I actually play non classic mode and use the mouse to look up and down, and use the jump and crouch buttons. I will start get sick after an hour or two for some reason. I think its a type of motion sickness, and I remember a video where the doom devs actually didn't allow lookuping up and down because the engine made people sick when they did that for some reason, but that was more because of how it did this weird ass fisheye view when you did.

I believe the issue of fisheye perspective is fixed in the most recent version of ZDoom and its derivatives by turning on hardware rendering.

i still use Zdoom you goddamn pussies reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally cant live without your fucking OpenGL anal lighting and dynamic effects huh?

DEMON
PUSSY

Imma rip and tear that if you know what i mean

Zdoom has been merged into GZdoom though. If you don't want to use an outdated version of Zdoom just download GZdoom and select the software renderer in the options.

>not both

muh mods and actual 3d

you mean picrelated?

naw fuck off with that,gimme the real demon face with the rest though.

GZDoom is incompatible with OpenGL 2.1, old version of GZDoom would work but however those are more outdated then the final version of ZDoom and on top of that QZDoom has Zdoom and renders things in real color. The only reason to use GZDoom is for the extra stuff it comes with but you don't actually need it cause both QZDoom and GZDoom use Z-scripts.

That face kinda ruins it.

i would be delighted to but this is a SFW thread

images.wad-archive.com/uploaded/e87375f967a7cc718077b5c5c7fff955/344445b7e78fb277b748b748a857c8f8/other/hdoom1.png

QC:DE has been released. Anyone playing that?
I'm gonna try it out tomorrow.

Oh shit that's out?
Hit me up with that

It's all good.

So quake champions doom edition is pretty neat,it's quake champions,but in original doom,problem is it's the same doom 2 maps as always,unless i'm booting it wrong.

It's intended for multiplayer, you're not doing anything wrong.

Oh my bad
although fucking hell,having to download a seperate client for multiplayer (zandronum) is annoying

It does have its own multiplayer maps though. You have to manually change to them in the console, just type listmaps to see them. I stuck them on my server at 12gameovers.mooo.com (should show up in doomseeker as Holla Forumsideo games) if you want to try it out there. I would assume that it's already on some of the wadseeker servers but if not you can add ice.8v.allowed.org:1488/wads/ and 12gameovers.mooo.com/wads to configuration > wadseeker > sites in Doomseeker

I think you're not supposed to like her. You're supposed to kill her and all that.

you got your own server up?
i'm coming,give me a minute

Don't tell me what i can't and can't romance

That's why you kill gently brush aside the anime and marry the monster.

yo,whoever that server fag is
these are commands to change game mode
qcde_ctf – capture the flag
qcde_dom – domination
qcde_tlms – clan arena (team last man standing)

although capture the flag and domination need special maps,gonna have to figure those out yerself

Nevermind just found em,the domination and ctf maps need to be downloaded from the desc of the trailer,so go there

Dumb question but how do you reload in stuff like Project MSX? I've tried rebinding the reload key and nothing, it just does not want to reload.

It's a very old mod, old enough to the point where it doesn't use GZDoom's default reload key.
Try scrolling down to the bottom, it should have its own reload key.

Speaking of Romero:
Blacklight when?

Oh shit! Thanks a bunch user!

Oh, thanks. Are you the one that told me to make a thread for the server? I don't really have time to keep up with it this week but i can check on it from time to time.

He didn't just disobey him, user, he fucking assaulted him because he didn't want to be a mindless killer for (((them))). And even if owning a pet rabbit wasn't alpha as fuck, I think he redeemed himself by the fact that he destroyed Hell itself, just to avenge her death.

specifically, he refused to fire on civilians and assaulted the CO that gave the order for him to do so. He got stationed on Mars as a punishment for doing so. Also, I choose to believe that the rabbit was a sort of symbol of innocence to him, and once it got killed, all bets were off in terms of showing any kind of mercy to demons.

All elfs in my book.

Woah there. You're going to trigger the anons who want to fuck actual demons with that gif.

dropbox.com/s/yp1ixp2szp1aqzb/Incident666.wad?dl=0
Abandoned Joel map. You can always say it's a Collab if you want to pick it up. I don't really want the prize/to give valve more money.

what the fuck is wrong with doomguy's hair?

That's not doomguy. That's a former sergeant.
The case is displaying an infight.

Second-to-last batch, I swear.

Dunno what you're on about I'm using it quite happily with OpenGL. At least for vanilla and simpler mods. Stuff like Russian Overkill drops to slideshow with some of the flashier attacks.

Rude.

brakka

please leave animefag

God, it's like a living breathing Edgar Allen Poe caricature.

I'm very glad no one replied to Sarais.

I like your art but goddamn your tits are always kinda fucked.

they're a little saggy, i like that

It's probably just a style thing but I'm not a fan of it.

I love industrial music, but not NuDoom's. I can't tell why.

Probably because it's not industrial. And it's shit.

Just because you lean towards a music genre doesn't mean you have to like all examples of that genre, user. You can recognize shit, and that's good.

SoyBoy Dogface Proud-To-Die-For-Israel soldier coming through.

I wanna see this consumating a dark ritual in Castle:Wolfenstein right before the Demon loses some limbs.

Because you are all a bunch of pointlessy contrarian fucks.

So has there ever been a terrywad where the wad starts out normal up until the 30th map?

is that barry b. benson with makeup?

He's playing H-DOOM

Atleast he did what doomguy would actually do.

Sooo, link to download Doom?

I bet you have no pet.

No, the music itself is shit.
Compare something like NIN to NuDoom's soundtrack and you see why people wouldn't like it. It fits neither with Industrial nor with Thrash Metal because of retarded overuse of synths and