How much did we all enjoy Nier Automata...

How much did we all enjoy Nier Automata? I feel like I can recall every moment in the game and each being a little special in their own way. What are some of the theories you have on the game and its impact on the grand draken-nier universe?

I don't remember it as a great game, it was an ok game and it came out when there was nothing else worth playing. At times it felt very dull with all the linear progression and button mash combat. But I gave it a pass because of 2Butt of course. That alone keeps it on my library

didn't even play it lol

the combat was shit, but B2's shitter was superb

no,this is butt

It came out in the same quarter as the last guardian, nioh and gravity rush 2 and breath of the wild. There were lots of games out at the same time vying for attention. There is nothing wrong with linear progression and nier automata opens itself up numerous times. The combat is also hardly button mash friendly and you'll quickly find yourself dead on anything but the easiest difficulty.

The other games were on console only, i tried emulating BotW but at that time cemu would crash every 5 minutes.
It is for me when its a game as long as this one
In normal mode all you have to do is stock on 99 medium recovers, equip auto use item+3, mash the attack button and evade when attacked, repeat ad infinitum, the only challenge i had was when i tried to do the coliseum battles at levels too low like fighting lvl 70 or 80 enemies when i was at level 30 and couldn't use items, so the health chips were very handy.
In hard mode all enemies become health sponges that hit for 50% of your life, i was once one shot by a charging moose. This only evens at the late game when you have more chips and levels, and that is when this game finally gets good.

That game deserved better.

so how would you propose to address it combined with its length? It's designed appropriately for how it structures itself in chapters.
raise the difficulty level.
the dodges are extremely generous, build your chip set ups better.

Crashes every 5 minutes on PC, so couldn't enjoy it.

yes but Nioh developer did not post on neo/v/ and have confirmation from the 12 times cake eating lizard overload in a skin-suit.

Gameplay does not exist, a game is its controls. You can effectively explain what a game is about, by describing precisely what happens when you press the joypad buttons. Automata controls very well.

Story does not exist, as narrative is made of every word and every image sent to the player. But the only valuable there is lasting power: what you eventually remember of it. Automata is memorable due to the high contrast characters and key happenings.

are you functionally retarded?

Fuck is this hivemind bullshit OP?
Kill yourself faggot, this is asking to be shitposted to death and you do the game a disservice by acting like such a faggot, kill yourself

Our beloved commie murdering machine weights 148.8kg. Considering how much communist bashing there was going on Nier Automata I don't think it was merely a coincidence.

I enjoyed Nier Automata. Most fun I've had for months.

That's why he posted it.

I'll never get why the word we offends some people so much. If you aren't included in that we when asked a question like in the op, that is for you to decide. No need to get all butthurt.

Literally everyone legitimate on Holla Forums loved the game, the only ones that didn't were salty pirate mustard cancer race. Fuck your revisionism.

No fuck you. You're the reason the thread will go shit if it does. The game has plenty of things to praise but also plently of things to criticize sharply for too. Depending on what you wanted from the game it could have left you pretty satisfied or pretty damn disappointed. The PC port was fucking awful and while there were some people that were able to run the game perfectly fine with no crashes, I pirated it myself and the game only crashed once on the second day of playing it besides that it ran fine enough, but for many others it was unplayable. The port was one weakness of the game but it was by far not the only one or even the worst one for that matter. It's completely fucking unforgivable that no patch has been released for the game and it guarantees that Yoko and Platinum will never see my money again. Overall I enjoyed the game quite a bit and have been encouraging others to pirate it and give it a try as long as you're not a platinumfag or CUHRAYZEEfag. Fuck your revisionism faggot.

What's so bad about the PC port again?

Nice meme.

Say what?

what, stop being retarded.

nope

it's just a PC port so tons of people report issues, others say they don't have them, some say the fixes for the game don't do anything, some say they fix everything. and there's no patch. personally I wouldn't play the DRM locked version so I don't care about it.

Is this really such a strong bait or is this site retarded enough to fully destroy thread over grouping Holla Forums as "we"?

yes to both

It was one of the first games in years I had been excited to play leading up to release. I really liked it but I just wish there was a difficulty setting that matched my skill. I think I played on normal where I never died, but just bumping it up one level turned it into a major grindfest. Anyone complaining about not getting it to work on their computers is a brainlet, by the time the cracked version was out there were plenty of resources to fix basically every problem.

Well might as well actually answer your question despite this. Hivemind is pretty much a meme that replaces dubs at this point and one thing I learned about dubs is that you just need to survive first ~40 posts and you can have normal thread.

I enjoyed it but not really for main things this game was.
Story was actually some of the best one I have seen in vidya but after a while I must say I don't remember it that well. I like the main points and ideas in it but not the story itself. Like Yorha being fully made just to motivate one side to fight or entire become as gods arc.
Gameplay itself was enjoyable enough for me but it wasn't anything special. Especially after you realize dodge makes you invulnerable.
The best moment of the game was me beating Eve first time. I was using a keyboard and hated double tap so much I just killed him without dodging. It took me 3h straight learning all the patterns and how can I avoid them with only movement and jumps. On second playthrough I just picked up a pad and killed everything first time. Game suddenly became way too easy, hacking didn't help either.
Overall I must say I want more shit like this but better.

the realization that dodging is pretty much just an easy button does trivialize some of the game. There's still the point to managing different enemy types that makes it shine but I think the game isn't quite claiming its own identity like it can in terms of game play.

likewise, and I hope it influences a lot of games going forward. I think it will, and hopefully there's more games like it and more from the team behind nier automata as well.