Please explain """multiplayer""" to me

Is this a satisfying interaction for some people somehow? I'm not feeling it.

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/4jp8e7c99a31o78/moon_man_v1_3_1.pk3#!
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197993818142
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

depends on the game and how you get into it. i've played games with some people from Holla Forums (prior to the first exodus) and have become good friends with them. infact i'm planning a second trip to poland to visit someone i met like 6 years ago through playing a crappy multiplayer game.

OP if you said hey you'd get a few replies hey faggot, you sound like a girl, etc.
I don't play multiplayer though, got tired of being grouped with faggot kids.

I don't really play MP for socializing with anyone except maybe if i'm playing more social-focused ones like MMOs or Roleplaying. I just like the unscripted gameplay and freedom.

I don't know why anyone doesn't want to be your friend user?
you sound so chipper and fun to be around

Ok.

If you want friends/people to talk to in games, you may have to initiate the conversation. People default to silence, but tend to open up more if someone else speaks up first. Though if you are really starved for social games, go check out Space Station 13 for some social role play shit.

simple OP,

humans are even more predictable than AI tbh, and far more prone to fucking up. this is a meme that was never true.

It didn't used to be like this. I think the addition of mmo-like grinding elements make people behave this way. They don't care about forming bonds with a community. They exist only to access content hidden behind xp walls.

Once they get to the endgame they immediately get bored and move on instead of acting like generous kings and starting a small community where they help newer players.

Many people here are probably guilty of this behavior.

Of course not. You're just not playing on a server where social interaction is the norm. It's very rare to find a server in any game where social interaction is the norm, the people are good company, and they're skilled, but it's worth it when you do. That's one of the things that matchmaking and a lack of dedicated servers are killing.

Whether or not you're interacting with them, humans are almost always more fun to play with or against because they're less predictable, and you can learn more from them.

With imageboards, at least there's a conversation. Imagine if we all came to Holla Forums every day and just posted images at each other without writing anything.

You're thinking of pinterest.

What the hell? Since when has Holla Forums had a premium membership thing?

Couple questions:
What does it let you do?
How do I join?
How much does it cost?

well whose fault is that

Is playing the game together not like a conversation?

i have a solution for you OP
make a female avatar in whatever game you are playing. in your profile tell everyone that you dont have a mic and if they ask, your cam is broken. then you just sit back and wait. youll get to pick to your hearts content out of a long list of the loneliest NEETs friend requests.

i remember the last time i played GTAV online, i had made a new babelicious female character and was trying to grind out the early levels (i liked the challenge of having no guns). well about half an hour in, i was getting loads of messages and friend requests. then some hacker gave me 750,000,000 dollars and 372 levels of experience. i was kind of pissed to be honest as it destroyed the whole reason i was playing in the first place, but it demonstrated one very important thing to me: the absolute crushing loneliness of many NEETs. as a side note, it also demonstrated the rarity of seeing a "girl" being actually good at games, and also how generally easy it is for women to succeed socially as opposed to men.

Not sure what your issue is OP, I picked back up my copy of gaylo reach after a 5-6ish year hiatus and within the first week of playing again met about 5 guys I play every day with now just for the fun of it.

I feel like I'm guilty of this in Nioh but that's because I refuse to pay for PS+. If I had online then I would certainly try to co-op and help out newbies, probably dressed as a naked tengu man. I fucking hate paid online shit.

Guess you should've gotten the port huh?

:^)

Horrifying.

This. People who play video games regularly tend towards introversion. Most of the time, people will at least respond with a "Hi" if you greet them. You can usually provoke them into conversation if you start talking about things first, too.

In a way, since there's a personal exchange of "body language" and actions, but no direct meaning is traded. In a conversation, the game is conversation. The goal is to achieve something worthwhile for the both of you, whether it's fun or intrigue or something else, through the exchange of words. That's not the case in most games.

You sound like a total faggot and you should kill yourself. Judging by the way you post, it seems to me like you have depression and thats a good thing because it means that you will commit suicide soon.

Stop playing shitty coop games. You should fucking despise the people you are playing with. We need more trash talk, more scumfucks, more incessant rage.

Port came out 8 months after launch and I'd been playing the game since alpha. And it's not worth giving up the fabulous gold armor in exchange for a steam helmet.

You're confusing modern nu-multiplayer games with old school/classic multiplayer games where the community was actually healthy.
I could go on and on about this shit but I'll give you the short version:
Basically, around 2007, the internet boomed, and it became a lot more accessible as well as crowded - particularly with shitskins/thirdworlders. Shitskin thirdworlders, being the poor pieces of shit that they are, hoard in to every free game they can find. The problem has only gotten worse since then, but you can see this drastic change most clearly in MMOs like Runescape and WoW (though WoW's case may be separate, because it does require a payment after the trial)
Anywho, these shitskins and thirdworlders provide little to no help in multiplayer communities and are as impartial to their fellow players as possible. The furthest they'd go for someone is probably telling them what to do in a match; however, that's mostly limited to people who speak their dogshit peabrained ugly language. Over the years, multiplayer games have been designed to accomodate the majority, which is, in most cases, these shitskins. That means the game is designed to be impartial. Case and point is with the matchmaking systems you see in most games - even Valve games for crying out loud. Here are some examples. In Overwatch, there are no dedicated servers. This is because the developers wanted the game to be easy to pick up and play and then drop effortlessly in minutes or even less if desired by the player. Does that mean the problem lies in the fact that multiplayer games are asking no commitment to time from the player? Could be, but I'd argue not, for games like Dota and CS:GO are pretty mainstream despite the fact that most matches can take up to an hour. Now, allow me to return to the examples. In TF2, while dedicated servers are supported and still do exist, they have recently been shoved under the rug, it seems, with the matchmaking update where quickplay is used most often. I don't believe I went over why no focus on dedicated servers is bad, so I will go into that now. Dedicated servers allow for tightly-knit and fun communities like what OP is longing for. You can add the server to your favorites list and then go back whenever you want where people who also have the server added to their favorites list will come back to. Eventually, you get to know these people and then the fun only increases from there - especially if the server is quite populated.
For whatever reason, games these days do not support dedicated servers anymore - or are downplaying them. I'd like an user here to help me understand why, for I have not a clue. Perhaps it is not deliberate, but just a consequence of pandering to third worlders and other people who like to see the aforementioned "pick up and play" aspect of multiplayer games? This requires more thought and deliberation on my end.
In any case, OP, your main chagrin is with third worlders, I assure you. Direct your hatred towards them - and the developers who pander to them nowadays if you wish.

What fucking kind of games do you play? AI always gets predictable after a few minutes and can be crushed like an ant.
Also, pulling some skill or tactics that a lot of players can't do feels great and gives you a lot of advantage until someone can figure out a counter. On SP it doesn't matter even if you use a very flawed strategy, as long as you load a save over and over. And then again you're just playing against some dumb bots, nothing special.

Grinding had nothing to do with it you casual. Everquest was thee original grind-heavy mmo and that didnt lack in community. Keep doing research and maybe you'll get closer

50% of suicides are sufferers of depression, not the other way around.

Lmao, I guess I forgot I was supposed to give the short summary. Sorry about that. This shit just riles me up and I tend to ramble on since I used to hold a lot of stake in games that have been ruined by the hell that 2007 unleashed.

What?

only legal in california and singapore, you're a monster

This, basically.

It doesn't matter what kind of game it is, either. Even niche indie games suffer from the same shitty players you'd expect in AAA titles. Everyone is so obsessed with turning video games into their "job" that they stopped having fun. Fuck everything.

Yeah, I wish I went over that as well, but I had forgotten. You put it much simpler than I ever could have, though. Even in normal, non-ranked matchmaking, you'll find no-fun-allowed retards.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to intentionally ruin a game, but I know when and when not to let loose.

vidya ai is really bad usually.
as always i'll cite the civ franchise (because i really like those games) though it applies to single player fps in a lot of cases.
civ4 had a capable ai that cheated like crazy but could understand map movement at the very least (if there's a mountain 5 squares ahead they don't head directly into it). civ5 had an ai that you can get stuck on hills just because it doesn't realize it could crush you in 4-5 turns even on diety and will constantly move forwards and then back off.
single player ai really needs to be pushed there are so many basic things that could be done in games to make it challenging without being unfair.

It doesn't matter what kind of game it is, either. Even niche indie games suffer from the same shitty players you'd expect in AAA titles. Everyone is so obsessed with turning video games into their "job" that they stopped having fun. Fuck everything.
this is why i dont play online multiplayer anymore. it seems like everyone plays games now solely for the competition aspect. and when they lose they all turn into autistically screeching, whiny 3 year old ragequitters. its fucking pathetic. the only reason i ever liked multiplayer was fucking around and breaking game mechanics with my friends, so this is a huge turnoff for me as well

In a way, since there's a personal exchange of "body language" and actions, but no direct meaning is traded. In a conversation, the game is conversation. The goal is to achieve something worthwhile for the both of you, whether it's fun or intrigue or something else, through the exchange of words. That's not the case in most games.
If you're looking for meaning or something worthwhile perhaps you shouldn't play video games or play something like VRchat where conversation is the main focus.

i forgot to greentext that, shit, lemme kill myself

i'd have to disagree.
rust, which i completely understand isn't to everyone's taste, has a good variety of private/public servers where you can get to know people. the issue is that it's one of a handful of genres where multiplayer should be fun but often isn't.

Or you could just spoonfeed me, as I'm unlikely to do research on the death of online communities.

everything became a warcraft clone, people got sick of it.
there were some (like maybe 5 from 2005-current) mmos that gave players customization and skill grinds that felt rewarding but they largely failed due to mismanagement. i don't think anyone is even trying to make mmos anymore.
ultima online will always be the gold standard but it's super dated and i wouldn't recommend it to anyone these days.

i play multiplayer games because the state of modern AI in games is shitty and after a while it's not as challenging as playing against a thinking being

its called competition, stop being a scared of it, it's why you're a virgin.

This is pretty accurate.
As far as I can tell, it's a combination of what you guessed about the "pick up and play" mentality that normalfags have, and the modern money making systems of video games. Normalfags tend to like entertainment that's low-commitment, disposable, and non-frustrating. Servers with regular members and skilled, dedicated players do not facilitate the skinner box model. The best option to make money is to default to matchmaking based on skill, so you can keep the normalfags comfortable and spending. Otherwise, they'll get shit on skilled players and quit, since they're not the type to take a brutal defeat as a sign that they need to git gud, they're they type to take it as a sign that the game isn't fun anymore.

Nice greentext. I mean that conversation doesn't replace a game, or vice versa. VRchat isn't a game anyway, it's a toy.

Yup.
Dunno, someone always replies to [VGH] to me in Midair. Generally in other games too.
I've met a lot of great people on TF2 who I have known for over 4 years now and still talk to today.
Besides that, unless you inherently enjoy the gameplay, you won't enjoy the social interactions.

Also, as others said, the ultimate challenge to overcome is man itself. It is never as satisfying to beat AI compared to another player.

This is multiplayer in a nutshell.
Eventually you can have a friends list so full you'll never need to deal with randoms again.

Do you have literal autism, or are you just LARPing as an fully-fledged autist?

Do what I do.

The idea was to copy the D&D formula. That is, every session would bond people closer and allow them to develop comradery or at least acquaintances with one another as they prevailed against the game's various challenges, or against one another. It was also meant to bring back the feeling of having a friend or sibling or parent about doing couch co-op or competitive as it used to be once upon a time.

What the idea failed to realise was that not all of those sessions were pleasant or socially fluid. Worse, it failed to accommodate for the fact that an aspect of human decency is lost in trade when one is on the internet, as names on screen just don't associate the brain's manners and etiquette the same way a flesh and blood face or body in front of it would. So trillions of sessions have now come and gone with people not exchanging so much as a hello.

Trolling became a natural result as some among us just sought to get ANY kind of response from the faceless hovering avatars with usernames hovering above them.

maybe you should play better vidya games.

like what?

Y'all are stupid, I was never talking about rooty tooty point n shooty games.

I was talking about Monster Hunter.

If you want conversations in games, you can't be afraid to be the first person talking. Showing a little personality can go a long way in making everyone else in the game open up.

Since I can't kill jews and shitskins and take all their shit IRL without severe negative consequences for me in my society I have to get that satisfaction online.

I thought I enjoyed winning in multiplayer games… It turns out I enjoy destroying and taking their in-game accomplishments more.

Whatever kind he likes. He's the one who declared the task to be mundane.

Okay. Still, everything said about initiating conversation applies, and everything said about the history of online multiplayer applies, because it's a big enough phenomenon that it affects the social climate of other games. Also, console games are terrible for interaction, because most people don't have keyboards or mics.

The lack of AI improvement is probably directly correlated with the huge increase of multiplayer games in the recent years. It's easier to make a game challenging by having players play with each other than to have a player fight an AI opponent.

Yeah but it's unfortunately the exception to the rule. Although there probably are still some games out there that are safe from such people.

You are right. It would be like working on a construction site, but you can't say anything to the other people apart of some predefined messages that relate to the task at hand.

there

fugs :—DDD

There is absolutely no productive reason to post on anonymous imageboards except peeing on the ocean for the sake of relieving something out of your mind.
You don't do it to connect or meet people, you do it to get it off your chest.
Although I'm not against Holla Forums making Holla Forums-community groups where they can make friends and play with people. Holla Forums needs more community playing games
Shame the mark the kike bumplocks any thread that links outside of his playground.

JOHN FUCKING NUMBERS

play fullderp and you will understand

You do not want to be friends with people from here.
I've only done it once to get helpjust get some quick guidance, nothing too advanced with a game and the person was fairly different from usual. Then it turned out to be a crazy girl which I ended up deleting because I wasn't really enjoying the conversation anymore and I really doubt she was too.

That's right, consoles and the influence they've had over the last couple of decades aren't good.

Back when Left 4 Dead had only one game I remember playing with randoms and getting along pretty well, people weren't surprisingly friendly and fun to play with. I didn't make any long lasting friends but it wouldn't be hard to.

You sound like a fresh millenial, although I am one too, few years these days can make a drastic difference of experience in different realms of entertainment, maybe kids of your age are just antisocial in the virtual realm, I wouldn't blame 'em, people are so busy trying to police each other's behavior nowadays, must be hard relaxing and exposing your thoughts like few years ago.

You're autistic, but also no. If a multiplayer game is like this, it's shit. You don't have to do these things yourself though, you fucking idiot.

No, it's the competitive MLG/not-sports that ruined the fun.

I think you're mostly right, but the transition from older style MMOs to post-WoW style probably did have at least a little to do with it.

Yes and no. normal distribution M8. 80% are trash 20% are good. 8 people from enemy team are just bots but those 2 can make you sweat and feel like you trying to punch concrete wall. AI that is sued can't pull out this trick without cheating, yet.

Satan knows things.

Piracy. It is easier to protect server code if you minimize number of organizations having access to it.

Not really, I think it's more the novelty wore off and you got older. Back in the day of 56k internet shit like that was much more impressive than it was now, much more basic and lower tech so people tended to attempt to make their own fun rather than rely on the autismally bad gameplay. So as the game part of the MMO became better the social aspect fell off because you didn't have to make your own fun.

My guess is the people who want to socialize do so in their own private bubbles, most likely with disagreement. Anyone else doesn't give a shit because the way multiplayer games are now is the equivalent of a chore or a job instead of something to have fun with. "I gotta have my ELO or my first wins or my whatever the fucks!"

I meant disagreement.

Ciscord is wordfiltered?

I don't think you played any old MMOs did you. The grind in those is massively worse than what we have now

Really wish there was an open source alternative to disagreement that people could just fucking agree on.

I like the idea of the disagreement client but I am not game for datamining and botnet shit.

I have runescape in mind but I can't really remember anything besides the good times I've had with others.
Speaking of which I tried getting back into that game and no one even answers a "Hi", which meants everyone's a bunch of bots or no one really wants to greet a bunch of strangers online anymore.

There's mumble and utox, use them.

Runescape's grind is some of the worst of the bunch. Shit even back in the day botting was popular for shit like fishing, cooking, mining, even combat grinding simply because it took so long. The social aspect I can't speak for your personal experience with, but damn the grind would make a K-mmo blush nowadays

nobody uses tox and nobody uses mumble for video games

While true, games didn't try to hold your feet to the fire with login bonuses and daily quests and the like, trying to make it some kind of commitment that you'd be penalized for if you don't log in every day. I would rather a huge job that I elect to do at my leisure for fun than a moderately large job that I have to do whether I'm feeling like it at the moment or not.

both the splatoon and warframe threads do.

I DON'T PLAY SHOOTY GAMES

That's not a commonly shared sentiment especially in some older mmos that were entirely group based content that you'd be liable to get left behind if you missed a day and that'd stonewall your grinding. See FFXI, Everquest, RO, and the like. Poopsocking was a meme from before the WoW era you know
The games of yesteryear were can barely even be called games from the ludicrous amount of submilking they did.

You didn't say shooty games, you said video games. Get it together, OP.

If you don't want to play more serious matches why are you joining a matchmaking queue? Why are you surprised people don't like you fucking around in their competitive match? Are you retarded anons?

I didn't tell you to play those games, I'm telling you that it's used for vidya, faggot.

I HOPE SOMEONE KNIFES YOU IN THE TAINT

I mean, I remember times where you'd add people to your game friends list if you two were from the same country, or city, or whatever, if you had a similar interest. You'd maybe talk, and play together a bit, or even become internet friends, and all that faggotry, because, hey, if you were playing vidya then, you probably didn't have any meatspace friends.

Nowadays, normalfags just come in to games with their meatspace friends, and nobody talks to anybody outside of the ingroup unless it's to insult someone. Hell, even I've become a bitter asshole and I just mute and block everyone on my team in most games, because they'll either be normalfags, kids, shitty streamers or ebin faggots who scream into the microphone and think they're funny for it. It's just become so tiring to interact with people in vidya, it's not even worth it.

The voice chat thing is what really activates my almonds, because you hear so many stories and see all these videos of entire servers of people screeching at each other over mic, there's all these stories from women saying they got verbally raped while playing Halo of Dutywars because some guys heard a girl's voice… But every fucking game I've ever played is dead silent. Headphones replaced having a sound system years ago thanks to the turtlebeach headset meme, but no one ever fucking talks anymore. Maybe I'm just playing the wrong games.

None of them said they were queuing up in competitive, the whole point of their posts was that tryhard faggots have infested even regular, noncompetitive matchmaking. How did you not get that, are you retarded?

but at the same time this "comfy" meme is a normalfag thing, people who have actually been playing video games since they were very young don't play "noncompetitive" modes made for bads.

user, I have crippling autism, I'll get myself killed to reply in text chat rather than talking to people. I did that for the whole lifespan of wwew

Holy shit, you haven't read the fucking thread have you, newfriend?

That is incorrect as hell, user. Liking relaxing atmosphere coupled with low-stress activities is not normalfag exclusive. Not every game has to be an endless series of furious, teeth-gritting, gun-to-your-head gauntlets of skill. Just the coolest ones are.

I hate """multiplayer""" , but i love couch co-opt. The only problem with couch co-op is that you need to have friends.

Man, if I was a child predator I'd have a field day on this game

I don't know OP, I think you just might be autistic. Interacting with people online is the easiest thing ever since you don't have to be afraid of negative consequences like in real life

This should help clear things up, OP

I didn't imply i actually had any friends

no
its fun. i dont generally play competitive games online because i dont like dealing with faggots that take themselves too seriously. you sound like one of them.

normalfags play video games for fun, we play video games because it's all we know.

user when I was young there was no internet. The only "competitive" modes where LAN or Arcades. Games like Star Craft and Street Fighter 2 are more fun when playing with your competitor in the same room. This online shit is fucked. I'd rather have comfy online then screaming 8 year old and retarded Dude bro's if I had to choose but ever sense local competitive died I don't give a fuck about the "competitive" CoD shit.

Oh wow, OP proving to be a giant niggerfaggot per usual.

You compete with the game itself, not the people playing it. The more you know about the game and its mechanics, the better you get at it, and obviously the better you are at it than other people.

Beating other people at video games isn't at the heart of competition.

I'd argue that until the 80s, most (if not all) video games were either made strictly as challenges or as experiments by developers and that sentimentality carried through until some companies popularized the idea of selling pointless time wasters and calling them video games.

GG, you stupid nigger.

i'd argue you should check'em then kill yourself

Maybe I just missed you user, and hoped we could be friends

Fuck friends, all I want is MMR.

I mean, I like military rations as much as the next guy, but you need more to life than some freeze dried milk powder, ya know?

yes and I do that, but that is not the topic. the topic is online-multiplayer, which I dislike. If I am forced to play online-multiplayer I prefer comfy. If its real competitive gaming its has to be LAN, arcade or couch co-op to be fun in my opinion.

Don't play Overwatch, then.

the last online-multiplayer game I played was StarCraft 2 in 2011. I don't think Overwatch existed then. I haven't even been on a ventrilo. mumble or dizcord in years.

I just wanna let you all know that I'm lonely and sad and tired of playing video games alone, and sometimes it feels like I might just lose my will to go on because of how alone I am. Playing online multiplayer games with randoms doesn't help, either.

There's just no good way to make friends on the internet any more, not like there used to be.

Does it really have to be this way?

Quit being such a mopey faggot

user, online friend are not real. You can't have real friends until we build the Ethnostate.

Online friends are better than """real""" friends.

You don't need to be in a circle of friends to be friends with someone online. You don't need to worry about them being too busy for you, because they're living a similar kind of lifestyle you are that allows for hours of video games a day. You don't have to impress them, you don't have to be nice to THEIR circle of friends, you don't have to give a shit about their girlfriend or wife

"Real" friends are "real" people, and real people suck.

But real friends are better. they are not the same thing as "real" friends. Its quality not quantity and its faith folk and kin that will lift your spirits in time of need.

Also, if you are depressed I seriously suggest exercising regularly. Getting /fit/ will really help your mental health by releasing endorphins and help you get out of your agoraphobia.

user, have you considered the weekly group vidya sessions Holla Forums does?

they don't play video games I enjoy.

How do you expect to make friends if you're not willing to meet others halfway?

Communication is a two way street nigger. Maybe initiate the conversation sometime and people might talk to you.

What kinds of videogames do you like, user?

for me it goes like this

and almost the same can be said for fags I met that were from Holla Forums, buncha literal closeted FURRY SUPER AIDS-RIDDEN AUTISMO COCKSUCKERS if anything they make me sicker than the normalfaggots, holy shit never make friends with anyone from Holla Forums again, I hate you all die, I never wanted any friends anyway
canadians especially, those are the gayest

lol fucking gay

How do you like it, eh?
Maybe if you stopped talking about it they would too, fag.

see

i just bought a microphone to play rainbow six siege and if nobody talks, nobody talks

fuck you leaf man, stop making me angry and jump into an active volcano and bring your knockoff chinese england country with you

You should think this through.

How do you not realize that seeing online videogames as a social activity and means to meet people, playing them equiped with this mindset and engaging in community circlejerks would only be done by the most obnoxious attention starved special snowflake mentally ill autists.

Of course everyone who did this would be someone you wouldn't want to engage with. Yes, this is including you

but Canadia is knockoff Chinese France. Which explains the rampant homosexuality

Make me, gaylo. Remember, we've been neighbors all this time. You'll never be rid of me.
Still better than knockoff africa.

I'd rather have that then retarded faggots who should unironically kill themselves.

digits confirmed

lol look at this triggered leaf
-implying he's an americunt
burgerland is knock-off england. yurop is knock-off africa :^)

fug i forgod im nod on jewdub :DDDD

I dont know what it is about this place but it seems to draw some of the most annoying faggots, meme spouters and freaks, even workse than 4chan did many years ago

Why are you pretending to be shocked that 8/v/ is full of underage autists?

If you can't understand it from the start and need an explanation, then you yourself are incompatible with it.

Yeah I too have made some solid friends over the years from multiplayer vidya. Some of these friends I've known for 10+ years.

playing with humans instead of bots

Is there any hope that VR could bring back couch co-op? I mean, these faglords aren't going to back off on the online multiplayer angle - because that's how they sucker you with micro-transactions and usage fees. You can't even system link Xbox for a lanparty anymore without paying Microsoft for access to their network because even LAN runs through Xbox Live now for some unexplained but totally necessary - trust us - reason.

So since they're going to force you into online multiplayer, about the best you could hope for is a virtual living room where you hang out with the avatars of your friends online playing games on a virtual console.

Oh wow, it's like I'm ACTUALLY in a living room, playing videogames! How fucking cool is that!?

Sounds like 4chan.

Kill yourself holy shit.
Multiplayer is for playing against characters who are more challenging than the A.I
It's not for socializing and never will be. When I play multiplayer I play it to kill other players and ruin their day. That's all there is to it.

Multiplayer is fun if you play it with friend who you already know irl/from another vidya and you often have fun together playing other games and/or doing shit irl.

Multiplayer with friend is vastly different from multiplayer with randoms

mutliplayer is for pvp and shitting on people
nothing else.
even better if in the game your performance can carry a team so you don't need shitters and you can 1v5 normalfags
Griefing is also acceptable, but in moderate amounts, otherwise its edgy and you're the bad guy. You want to be he justified griefer and the morally excused bully.

Only if they're not willing to learn from their mistakes.
Unless you're cheating.

You can tell 8ch Holla Forums is full of autistic people if you ever went to any chatroom/plug dj /community/disagreement that has come from this board in an attempt to generate community

and no, cuck-chan is no better. /vg/ from there is full of college undergrads and underage that dab and U DONT KNOW THE WAY XD faggots of the worst kind. Just so you have an idea, Wow general or the say [insert popular game here] have had UNDERAGE guildmasters for years.
Both places are shit. both of them. Finding adjusted decent human beings on this board is hard due to the mud of autistic people on the surface

D.i.s.c.o.r.d has been filtered wew

what i just read is really gay

The only real way to meet and organize with normal and well-adjusted people online is to go to places like Facebook and Reddit, those are where they hang out the most.

that's untrue. There are a lot of well-adjusted people on this website. The problem is that you can't just make a steam friends thread and add people. You have form those bonds naturally, not artificially.

where the fuck do you think you are?

Not hard to be justified to grief when people act really stupid.
You grief them and then you're just teaching the kid not to act like a retard or he gets bullied
Another example is you see a kid who thinks hes hot shit, then you grief/outplay him. Teach him not to be a faggot.
user, it's pretty much what Holla Forums does to Holla Forums on every single slight thing they may disagree or perceive that they are doing something shouldn't be done.

goys who use steam are 99% anime girl avatar faggots on this board.
The best way to pick people to make friends is make a "what's your favorite videogame? if it matches with user add each other on chatroom of preference"

While that is untrue, what's the problem with anime avatar faggots? I've never known one personally, but surely they can't be that bad. I've played with some of them on some of our game nights.

Nothing unless they have a Xx_name_xX and talk like a fag.

all of the people with anime avatars on my friends list are forgettable, i do not remember them at all

keep your raymoo cancer in >>>/animu/ where it belongs

Truth

Playing against AI gets boring, and the enemy always thinks in patterns. Humans are the most dangerous sport of all since they are unpredictable and cunning. The hunt, not the socializing, is what makes multiplayer so thrilling. I'll see you soon.

I remember the caliber of "Friends" i used to "make" on multiplayer games.
One was a redditor that got made when i shat on the 360. There was a french jew who's server i greifed relentlessly, he would shill those fucking TF2 hats for earbuds(what used to be the "currency" before that "economy" crashed) relentlessly. Another was a jap who got bullied in school for being a jap, so he went full-Holla Forums and would go on huge autistic screeches about how dishonrabu da US was for the nukes.

*french canadian jew

Do you think going to the bar is retarded because all you did was sit in the corner by yourself without saying a word to anyone?

Online games are fun for a myriad of reasons. Obviously some are worse than others but there's a reason the "fun with friends" meme exists. If you meet some people that can have decent banter you can just run around doing silly shit and enjoy yourselves. Or it can be a good competitive atmosphere.

So yes, if you never use your mic and don't interact with anyone and couldn't care less for any kind of competitive games than you should play something else.

They’re all leftists from /a/. Highly insufferable pieces of shit.

Maybe it's because you're such a massive fucking faggot, user-kun

Communities that derive themselves from Holla Forums are not necessarily representative of Holla Forums. The kind of people that join IRC's like disagreement and shit are typically the bottom of the barrel attention seeking retards. There's a reason tripfagging has more or less died off in recent years, and it's because of disagreement offering a much better platform to sate their narcissism.

So while Holla Forums is pretty full of retards, more often than not you're meeting some of the worst batches of these morons when you join ""communities"" and IRC's.

I'm possibly a full blown dyslexic, I meant disagreement

Wow you guys really got way worse experiences than me when adding people from here.

I miss when people used to actually talk to each other online. There were some pretty entertaining times at some.

Please explain why (((multiplayer))) is bad to me.

Is this not a satisfying interaction for some people somehow? I'm really feeling it.

I thought you cowboys were supposed to be tough?

It's not like your government needs any help for that

/a/ here, we're loli Nazis not leftists.

You're a credit to Nazism and /a/utism. :^)

Where do you think we're going once the chinese take over here? We see that spare room you got in the midlands

Tell me about it, another one of them i accepted was a guy who ran the only working server for TF2 classic a long time ago, seemed alright at first, a little autistic, but hey, who on Holla Forums isn't. Then it kept getting weirder, he kept trying to message me every week or so about random shit like the election, or asking why i haven't joined the game, and if i gave a reason he'd add in a mod or some shit to try and get me to come back. Of course not long after that i learned, on /cow/ i think, about the Gay RPing faggot Holla Forums pretender, who avatarfags as link because he wants to fuck it, and tried to have gay sex with a sycophant only for his dad to find out and cut off the internet.

Personally i only ever used chat to talk with people, not just because i talk like a fag and my shit's all retarded because it's incredibly grating to hear the kind of nerds and faggots that often infest these games use the mic to talk about the most inane shit nobody wants to hea

I made a ton of friends from Argentina playing Halo Custom Edition in high school. The game is dead so we don't talk anymore, but we used to run a server almost daily and my spanish got pretty good.

I was funposting calling him a hypocrite because /a/ cares about crossboarders.

SMH that people don't unironically believe whore's shoe theory these days.

Isn't /a/s bo a tranny? They should be the absolute last to pass judgement on anyone.

ALL HAIL THE LIBERALISTS. DEATH TO POLITICAL IDEOLOGY

I don't know about the BO, but one of /a/'s trannies recently did the world a favor and killed himself.

To be fair that's just the nature of those types of games, Dark Souls is like that too, there's not much interaction, and the people that make a gesture or two are probably more memorable and fun imo than any Multiplayer where people talk incessantly

Then again, I'm a loner, I like helping people, I like partial interaction, I just don't care for buddy buddy camaraderie

lol

It depends on the genre, but online racing is pretty much an unique experience because the AI is predictable as hell.

That isn't always true I have camped in a room before and just changed positions every time I killed someone and got the same guy five times in a row like this once before he called me a faggot and rage quit.

Hi, leftypol. Go back to letting your tranny BO suck your cock.

That's what happens when you play with Holla Forums, OP: Everyone around you is either autistic, a nigger, totally silent, or some combination of the three.

And god help you if you play with a faggot like mark. Then they get hypercharged.

t. people who never played with WWEW

(checked)

Here's a tip: 12 Game Overs isn't a meme, he's fucking dog shit, he came in, oy veyed in the chat for a few minutes, then the mic spam started, him and everyone else went into a figurative/literal autistic screech, and it was surreal as fuck to see happen so suddenly.

Learn to read, nigger.

You mean online racing with decent people.
Because from my past experience, the best strategy was to hang back in qualy, let the idiots kamikaze into the first turn, and start catching up to the survivors.

Please explain """wageslavery"""" to me.

You've got to find the silver lining to survive

you're supposed to invite them out for drinks and drug them then tie them up to play with later

Well, as long as you know your surroundings you can survive T1, but yeah, up until recently i've been using that strategy too.

Reminds me of a thread from ReseteEra, back when we kept an eye on them, that someone made a thread shilling a game, and giving a link to a demo, and everybody just said "Thank you OP.", nobody asked any questions about the game, nobody talked about the game, only after 100 replies, did you actually see a post that was a reply to some other poster than OP.

I didn't know WarOwl lives in 8ch Holla Forums

Why do we live just to suffer. I yearn for a reset and hope that 2007 never existed .

I was just following the copypasta to try and make OP realize how stupid his question was. I actually get on really well with my coworkers.

But user I don't work with any women.

JOHN FUCKING NUMBERS

Just another thing 2007 ruined.

I remember back when I first got into WoW, every day was a blast because regardless of what I did, the guild I joined was active. Even when solo questing, we'd have a ton of discussion in the guild chat.

Then eventually around 2007 people logged in less often, guild chat slowed down, and we stopped doing any sort of events together. Wrath soon came out, but WoW was already on its way down. Then guild perks, the dungeon finder, inflation, WoW tokens…

Why do we force ourselves to live.

Most of that still happens in vanilla WoW, but the game is filled with so many autistic NEETbux euro's in their mid twenties poopsocking the game for 16 hours every day it kind of gets ruined.

What are you, a faggot? Just play the game, damn.

Online communication was a mistake. Coordination is possible without it if you know the game.
To answer OP's question, the point of multiplayer is competing with other humans to experience varied encounters, instead of the shitty AI the developers wrote.

I can like playing online just because I like helping. Problem is I aint the best at anything competetive by a longshot and my internet/computer options have always been limited. I really liked playing Splatoon sometimes, I felt I most always at least good enough to stir up trouble and have an effective job. Nintendo has always had the shittiest anti-friendship online interactions though and the only real gratification I got was with squidbag dancing and booyahs and continuing to stay in the room with these strangers for just one more game (or get disconnected mid-match before then even).
It's shallow as the inky surfaces of the game but I immerse myself in as well in that imagined companionship. -unless I feel like blaming my teammates and thinking they're all assholes, guess I'm just as prone to feeling shitty towards people I don't talk to too.

It is nice to have a bit of coordination in games, a bit of team work, bit of planning.

Back around 2000, it was a revelation to me if somebody even recognized my name. I had been playing on the same Q3A server for awhile, and one of the regulars gave me a word of acknowledgement. In hindsight, there's a sense of camaraderie just from being in a group that's all into the same thing. That's probably why I'm here and not on reddit or whatever mass-market namefag site. This is as much as I would want, really.

Pretty much this.

I thought the point to multiplayer was playing against thinking humans instead of grinding a machine that will never improve. Not socializing with degenerates.

I fucking love Champions Online.

Fuck my english.

You need communication sometimes. I remember when I was addicted to dota there's a point in the game where power shifts. Even if you're completely shitting on the other team if their heroes scale better into the lategame they'll win eventually. The only way to prevent it is to group up and end the game when you're at your peak.

However, when no ones talking or just talking about dumb shit this rarely happens. Even if you have the enemy team beaten back into their base it's so hard to siege their base when they're all in there. So what happens is your team just sits outside the base farming the entire map, while their team is waiting for you to fuck up. Eventually 1 person gets picked off and you all have to pull back. Then they just farm up after you've lost control of their half of the map and end the game. This was made worse because they added comeback gold (the most cancerous addition to the game), which essentially makes it so if they kill someone who has a huge killstreak or is really far ahead, then suddenly you're caught up with them.

So now everyone just picks super late game heroes because nobody can coordinate early game to end.

People normally want to keep playing with you if you are good at the game in question, then they start messaging you asking if you want to play and then you just chat about random things.
So just GIT GUD

Same kind of shit happened in Guild Wars. Used to be you could go into ANY mission hub in the game and there would be a dozen or more players LFG. You talked to people, you found groups in need of a healer or a tank or a nuker and, and then when everybody was set you all launched into the mission and fought tooth and nail against monsters and the forces of evil, following strategies for dealing with each mission's unique challenges and communicating with the team the whole time. You met great players and terrible players, you learned new things and always had new experiences.

Then they made Heroes, and suddenly it all just fucking dried up. Why would you ever try to party with a real human when you could just use the invincible terminator robots instead? Mission hubs emptied out and the only places left where real people gathered were the capital cities of each expansion, and even that was only so they could trade miniatures.

you realize the humor of that shit was because of how it mocked the original joke. Yet /trs/, aut-kike, le skeptics and Holla Forums started producing poorly drawn unfunny wordy mspaint "commic" and try to pass that shit off as memes by forcing them. memetics is packets of information the more they relay on popular iconography that transmit an idea without being verbose is the soul reason image macros even worked.

Guess it depends on the community and how nice/good you are. The more niche the community, the nicer and helpful people will be.

JOHN FUCKING NUMBERS

so you just post shitty Holla Forums meme's ironically? and where just pretending to be retarded. But in reality you appreciate the bastardization of memetics enough because "postmodernism"!

lel

enough

That's why I only enjoy competitive online. Fighting the computer with another person is even less interesting than going it alone, and I have no online friends.
Fighting other humans, on the other hand, is always nice because an AI could never cover the range of behaviors you have to account for.

Why the hell would you want that?

But postmodernism is cancer and leftist faggots forcing it on vidya to sell walking sims is doubly so.
Wew lad.

What did he mean by this?

I will never understand. Exactly what are you trying to convey here, user? That you enjoy buying trash?

Where did I say that dubsman? I said I was a good goy who was thankful to YHWH for my vidya and was curious as to why there are bad goyim who don't like quality games that are fun to spend their shekels on.

/monster/fags have picked up Matrix and it works pretty well for them. It still has useful shit like file uploads but it's open source, anyone can host a server, and Matrix has IRC bridges which allow IRCfags to use their favourite clients instead.
Shame the main client everyone uses is still Riot and its hipster Electron garbage, but since the protocol is open source it's not like we're stuck with it.

OP is too young to remember or even conceive of couch co-op, look at him and laugh!

He actually lost the last super mario tournament he was in though. He didnt even play "god-tier" he was actually playing pretty average to me.
Someone else is the champion now but I didnt care to remember his name.

Couldn't agree more with this. The faggots that I griefed in UO back in 97-00 I still shitpost with and actually have met in real life. It was extremely awkward, but 20 years of e-friendship.
For me being a piece of shit in UO was the way I took my anger out on the world because I couldn't in real life.
I was the kid that got bullied. The nerd. The dork. The loser. The only thing I could do better than them was beat people up in video games. That was my joy, and that's how I made friends.
Now though it's so backwards. The nerds that created that space and community are the ones that are once again shunned and ridiculed. Our hobby and love has gone mainstream, and now it's "cool" to play online games whereas before it was embarrassing.
I still try to make friends with people in multiplayer games, but they're either annoying faggots trying to be edgelords, or annoying faggots spouting the latest memes, or they're the ones that think they're hardcore and only will play if you have stats that only poopsockers can obtain.

The good old days didn't exist for some of us.

damn that's hot, you were right to spoiler it

My older brother always put his dick in my ass if I beat him at video games.

What the hell? Did a vol Cobalt spoiler it because somebody reported it thinking it was an ass? Even if some fag and Cobalt both thought that, why would he spoil something without any nudity? Is Cobalt just fucking around?

Pic related will never not be relevant.

That's not the increasingly verbose Meme, that's a poor imitation of the counter signal memes for fashy goys.
Get your shit straight user

It's more because humans offer more of a challenge than the AI, who usually cheats anyways.

JOHN. FUCKING. NUMBERS.

Cobalt is a secret /clang/fag, it's the only ounce of good taste in his stinking jewish body.

nigger that was my point! I was pointing out that the pederast Ghoul as a normalfag using facebook saw the verbose meme and assumed "I can do that" and started forcing his cringy aut-kike MSpaint memes.

you do realize that MDE postmodernist humor? And the point I was making is that irony & degradation for the sake of irony is not really saying anything of value.

it means I did not mean us use that word "enough" in this post

Except they're not variations of a meme, they're almost always original OC. Besides he's not the only one that makes them and it's really easy to tell which are his.

Only place postmoderism belongs, and even then, in heavy moderation. I never watched it before it got cancelled and never really cared. I've seen that one clip where they say JEWS ROCK.

>>>/premium/

All of the relevant information can be found there

yes you fucking retard. That is why I am saying these
leftist summerfags saw the verbose meme out of context and thought "Oh that is a meme? I can do that!" and started producing unfunny content and started shilling it.

wew
e
w

THIS IS YOUR LAST REPLY FOR BOTH OF (YOU)

No I didn't. You think it being cancelled would stop me from watching it if I wanted to? Why do you think I said I never really cared?

hi Holla Forums.

That's because the nu-gamers of today fucking love to do nothing but sit inside parties and listen to each other breathe. I honestly don't know why they even add in-game chats anymore. You can't even hear the typical nigger arguments in fucking Call of Duty nowadays. That's how bad it gotten.

What happened to make people so isolated in vidya?

In a word? People don't say anything anymore because they're concerned about offending someone. It's sad, but that's the absolute state of this country right now.

Can't play online if you're banned by some "community manager" for possibly the slightest infraction.

I made moonmandoom you are fucking retarded
mediafire.com/file/4jp8e7c99a31o78/moon_man_v1_3_1.pk3#!

I am reporting both of you for faggotry

It's way too easy to get banned for the most inane shit these days. Overwatch for example can ban you for anything, ANYTHING.

>l-look guys i stole made this mod am i fitting in yet?

Banter and shittalking is apart of the soul of multiplayer. Without those, what is there really to talk about with strangers on games? Making everything sterile is boring.

There is this form of interaction amongst animals that is older than communication for the purpose of sharing information. It's called "competing." You see, when animals one-up each other at literally anything, females across many species are programmed to be impressed by it. This leads them to reproduce with superior specimens over time, increasing the success rate of natural selection. Reciprocally, males have an instinct to enjoy competing and winning at anything. This eventually derived to the modern interaction we have in multiplayer games, where men assemble to compete with the unwritten understanding that comes with instinct stating that they are here to enjoy a competition amongst themselves and go their separate ways. Despite the lack of females watching, it would appear that the competition instinct was formed in a way that does not require females to be actively witnessing the competition for reward chemicals to circulate throughout the brain. This could be seen as a flaw, but I believe that life has had too much time to evolve for such a glaring flaw to still be present. Instead, I propose that this competition is healthy for men as it allows them to practice amongst each other for mutual benefit, improving the state of our species slowly over time, even if that doesn't necessarily apply to
FUCKING VIDEO GAMES

It's an ego rush for narcissists because they feel better than someone else for winning. It's a leftover trait from when we were cavemen bonking each other over the head with sticks.
Some people still haven't gotten past it.

This is part of the human condition. People are isolating themselves in all aspects of life. In fact humans have been sorting themselves forever. It's just become infinitely easier with the internet.

New meme, everyone.

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197993818142

Look at what you've done.

This is a quality thread about vidoegames.

The thread has reached its apotheosis and will be killed slowly.

When you start throwing around e-celeb names I just assumed you were talking about the original creator of those damn things. And you're still not making any fucking sense. The counter-signal memes don't have anything to do with the increasingly verbose memes, regardless if some Holla Forums fags started making them. They're entirely different concepts.

quality thread OP

His very next post was another (You) for me, and he announced a report. user's a riot.

I don't have auto clear fields on, get off my back

Just start a thread for games you like and see if people would be down to play and worst comes to worst you could always search for some disagreements to join
You'll have poor luck in the big ones but the small ones tend to be pretty nice

Bullshit. Since when the fuck does sage not autoclearing carry between threads? There would be no point to a function like that unless someone's going was to make worthless or offtopic posts in all the threads they use.

me irl rn

Acquire irl friendsthat's the hard part and then invite them to play vidya with you. Protip: don't bother to try making friends on here (see he speaks the truth). I even tried to play some vidya with a random user earlier today, was talkative and communicating to him in chat, being friendly, etc. Thought we were having a good time but then he just said "I'm tired" and disconnected.If you're reading this, you know who you are

It doesn't, I already posted ITT (ad09a3).

Top tier shit

Can I have some source on that?

Hell, can I have some source on all of these

No__