Saturday Night Horror Thread

Didn't have one in a while

>With the Isolation devs seemingly still being alive in some sense or fashion (relyonhorror.com/latest-news/lunar-software-gives-update-lo-fi-sci-fi-horror-routine/), will the game ever come out?
>Will Junji Ito ever do artwork for a horror game after the death of Silent Hills and should I dump something from him like back during the good old deep sea threads?

Other urls found in this thread:

kanoguti93.web.fc2.com/soft7/
comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=31
panstas.itch.io/world-of-horror
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why Kanoguti's walking always a fucking picture of this thread?

Because it's a pity that the fag nowadays only does music programs or whatever it was?

What are some horror games that are scary while still being games?

Anyway, he made recently My life in your game and Repeating Memories (Ver.2).
kanoguti93.web.fc2.com/soft7/

Rotten is not fucking scary, it's a shitty drawing that gets corrupted the longer you "play".

Why not, will help the mood.

I always thought Kanoguti was Korean.

I really wish they made another legitimate Nocturne game instead of that Blair Witch stuff, it had some pretty good characters.

Oh well, why the hell not.

Rule of Rose has the best waifus of any survival/horror.

Disprove my assertion.

How are things in Bongland?
I'm not optimistic with how the screenshots look. I'm worried it'll be bland, which is the worst fate of all.
Yes, please.

awww yeeee its been a while.
I tried the haunting grounds not to long ago and was kinda luke warm on it. Does it get spooky or is it more of a being chased simulator? And do you ever stop getting distracted by her chest?

The answer is always 'Scratches''. Even though its gameplay often is awful.

Would you post pics of said waifus so that I might be motivated to disprove your assertion?

And that's that. More?

Yes please.

That was a cool double twist.
For sure.

Is there some short >2h horror game you guys can recommend?

Okay dokie, time for the human chair.

Amongst the Sleep is 3 hours long :^)

I wish more horror game would rely on good sound design - imagine walking through an abandoned mine, your weak flashlight only illuminating a few feet before you, and you suddenly start to hear footsteps or rhythmic knocks from somewhere in the distance.

Oddly enough, the pseudo-Geiger counter of Stalker really did this well - always kept the hairs on your back straight up when you were trying to salve an artifact from inside an anomaly.

F-fucking Ito

I kinda hopped for some cheaply made but interesting jap game instead of depression but thanks.

Raw, unfiltered suffering

oof,i'd love to get head from her.

If you care for classical adventures with puzzles but without combat, you could try Alchemilla.

Same fucking webm, find new scares Holla Forums

Only when they finally make R34 of DreadOut, user.

I wish they would use something like this as the source material for a game.

Junji Ito doesn't scare me and I don't get why he's scary.

There's a difference between the scary and the uncanny.

I actually love such shit.
Thanks user.

Anyone here play Miasmata?
Its more of a survival stealth game than a horror game.

To those who havent heard of it, the abridged plot is - youre some guy with the plague and youre on an island to search for plants that you can use to make a cure for it. You need to follow the notes of the previous discoverers to find new plants and analyze them, all the while making sure you dont die of thirst or sickness or hit your head too hard by running full force down a hill.
Now the twist is you are being hunted by pic related. He will appear every so often and try to claw your fucking eyes out. There are no weapons, nothing you can use to kill him. Best you can do is swing a rock in his face to shoo him off a few feet as you make your escape.

The thing that baffles me the most about this stupid cat is why it scares me so much.
I can fully admit he looks retarded, just look at those legs, it looks like he rode a horse to this island. But inspite of this, every time I hear that little heartbeat you get when he spawns, I need to fight myself to not close the game. Its like purely animalistic, instinctual like I AM the pray here and I need to escape.

I remember the first time I encountered him, I heard the heartbeat, hid in some bushes and began crawling to the shore. I made it up a small incline and I saw him slowly creeping his way towards me from the foliage, side stepping yet still maintaining eye contact with me.
Now that was the spookiest shit ever. I smashed the fucking pause button. I choked back for a good minute or two before I could unpause and make a run for it. My escape was unsuccesful and I closed the game as soon as I saw him within 6 feet of me.

To this day I have yet to beat the game. I really really like the look of it, graphics are meh, but its the level design. Also the gameplay mechanics, how much you need to rely on maps, and not that minecraft tier BS where its like you have a sattelite hovering over you. Instead you need to use actual real life triangulation methods and landmarks to uncover maps, shits cool. And the plant dissection and elixir brewing really made me feel like a scientist.

And yet I dropped it all because of that asshole cat.

I've had it on my drive for years now but never got to really play it because how wonky the navigation system is.

Am I misreading this? What do you consider to be short?

That has an interesting story to it

The webm? Whats the story?

All I know is that the costumes originally belonged to some avantgarde movie guy that used to work as an animator for Disney (I think), were stolen, and some "fans" send him the video after a while,.

Looks like skyrim on mods.

i want a "Fuan no Tane"-esque game

Manhunt

Obligatory recommendation from me, emulate it unless you got an European PS1.

Do you have that one of the human centipede ?
that ends with rape

Subnautica has been fucking me up pretty hard. The dev's an exceptionally cucked individual but I can't lie when I say I like the game itself, even if it suffers from "straight out of early access" syndrome.

Did he do something shittier than making the main character a weird looking nigger?

There was an entire thread about it.
And a whole slew of other things.

I heard someone once talk about how with how long Routine has been in development there's a very serious risk that everything new in it would have already been done by someone else by the time it actually gets released, but do you know what's really sad? I don't actually think that will be the case at all. The 2013 trailer is what Soma, released in 2015, could have been and would have been by that logic. The 2013 trailer is what the kike-ified System Shock remake that hasn't even been released yet could have been.

Holy shit, what an absolutely cancerous fucking faggot. I believe you because I just did some google-fu. Please tell me you didn't actually spend real money on this shit.

Play an Ice-Pick Lodge game you cakeboy

I remember his exact words were that he made that decision because he doesn't "want humans to be on top of the food chain anymore."

Fuck no. The game's barely out of early access and has a whole ton of stuff still in development, and they're just going to fire the people working on those updates because of their political views? Now the updates are going to take longer and probably be at a lower consistency and quality because the guy they hire to fill the void hasn't been working on the game for four years in order to get a feel for the way things are made.

Playing the game on a pirated copy gives you these messages if you try to send feedback, though. It got a chuckle out of me.

C'mon, at least vorefags don't seriously dream of a world in which cultural Marxism has had its ultimate success of reducing man into a species of prey animal.

Friends convinced me into playing Resident Evil 2 for the first time, and I'll admit I'm pretty impressed, it's atmospheric as fuck. I loved how it's somehow a """light-hearted""" kind of horror where all the characteristic dread is there, but the whole anxiety thing is non-existent since the plot is kinda b-movie tier and the game doesn't fuck with your mind with constant scares or mere mindfuckery The latter isn't bad though, it's just leaves me really unnerved, like crippling unnerved I can't keep playing. I know I'm a fucking pansy.

I'm planning on start from the start, would you recommend me play the original RE then RE:Make or jusr RE:Make?

No, I'm not a youngfag, I just wasn't into horror games in the PS1 era.

Also, kinda unrelated question, is there any horror game that the horror slowly settles in? I mean I know of games like Silent Hill where things get way fucked upas you play it, but I mean a game that starts fine and slowly descends into hell. Don't need to cite Eversion already played it.

Now there are some serious spooks. Don't suppose something like Space Funeral (or the other games of thecatamites) would count?

Any anons here play "A Dump In The Dark"? Apparently it is actually pretty messed up besides you play an ass.

not much point in playing the original re1 if you have remake.

ResetEra also had a big meltdown, bigger than the regular ones

Holy god damn. What an absolute shit heap.

That's hot 10/10 would make a waifu out of that furry bitch.

I did, years back, unfortunately. By the time all this shit about the devs came out I'd already sunk hundreds of hours into it across multiple builds. Serves me right for buying early access, I know.

Where's my spooky ghost lewds at.

Space Funeral isn't really scary, but rather just leaves you thinking "wtf" for 99% of the game. I mean, it's a glorified parody to cheap RPG Maker stock assets.

What if her human glamour was even better.

Not really scary but i need a place to state my woes.
b00ted the original xbox to play some vidya, playin gta think to myself
then i proceed tby removing gta and putting in PGR 2
now i gotta get my disc resurfaced and i can't play for a few days because the game store is closed on sundays.

I heard RE:make is slightly different to be a "new" experience to old players.

RE:make
I'm honestly surprised that game managed to add new things and keep the feel of the original.
Capcom is doing a remake of RE2 but no one ever talks about it. Its the only game Im excited for.

I only hear people saying it'll be shit. I really want that to be proven otherwise though.

Because they haven't said a fucking thing about it.
All we know is they've announced it, and they've "spoken to" the people (InvaderGames) that were working on their own RE2 remake in the Unreal engine making it more like RE4 with OTS aiming and shit. No word since on whether they were actually hired though.
Although I have heard rumours that there will be no A or B stories, that both Leon and Claire will have both versions of their stories combined in to one.

comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=31
Ready for the nostalgia ride?

(v:

Even when I am old and decrepit and I won't be able to remember what I ate for breakfast, I will remember this url.

Come now, you know you want to.

RE:Make is good shit, I wouldn't recommend the new remastered version because fuck Capcom for even adding the option to remove tank controls.
As far as I can tell, it's harder than the original because of a certain feature added, as long as you don't select "I'm a pussy" difficulty before you start.

I actually just finished Soma tonight because I really enjoyed the first Amnesia.
It wasn't as spooky as I thought it would be, felt more like Alien: Isolation with a BioShock theme. But it was still pretty fun and posed some interesting philosophical questions. However I ended up playing it for the atmosphere, because they nailed it. Frictional are good at making you feel desperation, if nothing else.
Reminded me I still haven't fucking finished I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream.

How so? If you mean that one plot-twist at the end, that really was something you should have seen coming from twelve nautical miles away.

No, not that. Just about a possible future where technology would actually be advanced enough to make perfect digital copy of an individual.
I'm not sure if it would ever actually be possible or not, because we still don't understand what makes us, us. But thinking about it is pretty nuts. About having a digital copy living simultaneous to you and all that shit. Or you being a digital copy and the original you being dead. It's pretty crazy imagining yourself in that situation. Or killing yourself the moment you got scanned to prevent two of you from existing, and thus transfering to a digital reality.
At first I was of the opinion that I should erase all copies of Simon and other humans, but I ended up deciding that it would be cool as hell if there were more than one. Personally, I'd have a lot of fun hanging out with myself. We'd be best friends forever.

While you do have a point in that the underlying neural structures are pretty complex (not to speak of the emergent features that pop up from the interconnected neurons, various chemical messenger substances, etc., etc.), the human brain and the human conscious with it still is "just" an elaborate data processing unit.

Likening it to a computer is possible but kind of besides the point because a computer is supposed to perform a lot of processes with nigh-perfect precision while the brain is supposed to perform a batshit insane fucking huge number of mathematical processes simultaneously with a decent amount of precision, but at the end of the day, it's data processing all the same.

As for the multiple Simons - imho they all would be distinct, different entities from the first second they begin to exist as such. You don't really get the problem of both being "the same" even if you make a carbon copy of one Simon and put it into another host, although I personally still ended up killing (destroying?) them as an act of mercy-killing. No point in leaving them behind in a dead world.

Î don't think you have ever had to deal with vorefags.

user please no, I already went cold turkey and came clean on that kinda stuff.

I dont wanna go back

You never left

Why do you have that saved?

Also that's scarier than anything on this thread already

Mostly just to get a rise out of people.

Are you sure about that?

Yes. My actual fetishes are much more wholesome.

You a lil edgy boi, aren't you?

anyone got the maine cab story greentext?
If anyone has any stories/greentext, really I'd appreciate it.

fucking hell, his tame stuff is some of the most horrifying.

Also, I just realized
In "the thing that washed ashore", you're wondering "what the people saw" that drove them to sheer insanity. I only just realized that the Thing that swallowed them and couldn't digest them was dead because someTHING killed it and seeing it drove everyone insane

You have a serious problem. You keep posting the same furshit over and over again.

This.
t. sizefag who deals with a lot of vorefags and has some as friends

there isn't much. Far less of ghost waifu than there should be.

I couldn't handle that the MC was a no-brain-outside-the-box faggot who couldn't comprehend how everything was fucked.

That, and the few foes weren't very spooky, just a lightbulb headed twat you can't look at, and a heavily scripted big fish that just goes along one pathway.

The Ito posting has me shilling this game here:
panstas.itch.io/world-of-horror

It seems very similar to Yahtzee's Consuming Shadow game, but the aesthetic of old Apple computers and the Ito-inspired drawings look genuinely unnerving. I think my big hangup with these types of games are the randomness of encounters and half the time it just boils down to someone rolling dice behind the scene. Hopefully he can get away from that shit and just give us some semblance of control.

that just… kinda comes off as being sad more than anything.

I think another problem is that most horror games lack the punch needed to make a player want to avoid a failure state. Moreso when said failure state is just a death animation and some loss of progress.

Webm's related, an user was making some "neet" horror game where every time you failed/died, shit got more fucked up and you kinda had to deal with a minigame before you could progress. Kinda like the original Prey where you could "die" but you'd come back.

In here, Skully chases him. He failed to get away, so now he's "wearing" him and there is a giant soul sucking eye trying to eat him. He escapes it and then things become "normal", but because he failed the Skully chase, he's now vulnerable to further issues down the line that Skully can inflict on him.

Sounds worth trying, but I predict my eyes are going to hurt.

Will give it a try, thanks for sharing. Haven't played many text adventures myself, but I always thought the most potent weapon you could use against the player to inspire terror is his own mind.

You fellas enjoying Darkwood?
What are the safehouses like in the zones past the starting area? The huge hole in the wall in the starting safehouse stresses me out to kingdom come.

Enjoy the ride, user.

don't do this to me
if it gets any worse I won't make it out

See it this way: If you stay outside, you're guaranteed to undergo horrible, horrible rape. If you stay inside, there's only a chance that the things will notice you and subject you to horrible, horrible rape.

I can handle them turning the lights off and flowing through the very walls to get me.
It's that thrice damned hole in the wall that makes the night so intolerable.