How do we crash the industry and prevent Megacorps from shitting on our pride and joy?

How do we crash the industry and prevent Megacorps from shitting on our pride and joy?
Christ.

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/yp1ixp2szp1aqzb/Incident666.wad?dl=0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_discrimination
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fuck off, dork

Wew lad, I hope you're the delusional faggot from the last thread.

Evolve is multiplayer wise is more of a movie than the television show games we're used to. If you follow me.
It can develop a plot, have climaxes, twists, turns, and what have you. This game allows for so many variations to the end of a match.
It really can refresh itself and has so much replayability. It's two games in one: a first person team oriented strategy shooter,
and a third person moba. Then you can break it down further with different monster types, different hunter classes,
and even still different individual hunters. Each hunter comes with actual character and depth, they seem like actual people.
They have their own personalities and quirks. Also the ever evolving back story,
involving interstellar conglomerates using biological warfare to compete with each other in colonization of space.
But the behemoth is 15$ lol lol lol

nigger

Hi, EA.

Nothing of value would be lost from the fall of vidya megacorps. They produce almost nothing but garbage now. Their loss would be nothing but a boon in the long run. And it would be good for helping keep future companies from stepping out of line.

This.

Why crash it?

Because the greed of the Jew knows no limit.

Why support it?
Let it bleed.

we must let the evil grow

Shit mouthed retard, industry crashes are parallel to the absence of authority guidance in a state.
You want the faggot commies to have complete control over the industry and not just lukewarm whalemilking but fucking EVERYTHING is dead?
That's how you kill everything forever.
Now is not the time to destabalize the market.

I mean for fucks sake.
Their end goal isn't even an economic one so you couldn't even USE market forces to try to restabalize things.

Here's what you do: Find some way to make gaming unpopular again. Find some way to get rid of the normalfags who outnumber you 1,000 to 1. These people shovel money into the industry machine like it's the sole reason they were put on this planet. Get rid of them, and the industry dies because none will be left who will create a demand for the current type of garbage that is being produced. Companies will either adapt to your tastes or die.

This is a pipe dream, this is not going to happen, wake up.

T. Corporate Defense Cuck

It's not a defense of the current market situation nor the approval of current business practices to acknowledge the inevitable powervaccuum caused by the elimination of a controlling body.
Especially one in a tumultously maintained environment.

Then burn it to the fucking ground. Nothing less is acceptable. We will rebuild it from the ruins

YOU WON'T GET TO RETARD, THAT'S WHAT I'M TELLING YOU.

What's wrong OP?
Somethin' buggin' you?

Hi EA

see
We must become the angriest skeleton.

so do you already have industry connections? established organizations in the industry to scoop up the assets when everything gets liquidated?

Why does Doomguy always show his midriff? Is he gay?

No see the trick is that you have to crash Disney too so that we can unfuck copyright laws. And because they deserve it.

CRASH FUCKING EVERYTHING
NIGGERFUCKCUNTSHITFUCKCUNTFUCKNIGGERFUICKUCKKIKEFUCKFUCKIKEFUCKNEIGGENIGGEREATMYFOULFUCKINGDICKASSYOUFUCKINGGYPSIEWHORENIGGERDICKINGASSMAGGOTCOCKFAG

Planetside is less "fuck over consumers" and more "devs have no idea what the fuck they're doing", which itself is a fucking massive problem.

Planetside 2 is a fucking abomination.
Planetside 1 is where it's at, and why it was stolen from us.

he's not wrong though. The problem is why would companies cater to core gamers when a casual whale will out purchase us 10:1. Why have $60 when you can have $600. It requires fewer casual gamers to change the industry than it does core gamers. Simple combat multiplers would tell you its an unwinnable battle. We're out numbered and out supplied.

What has happened is that the core gamer can no longer sustain a business because of the increasing arms race of marketing- though you can argue this is only the case because marketing is required to target casual gamers anyway. Rinse and Repeat until Marketing budgets cater to 70% of the games budget which is where we are now. If anything that model is unsustainable long term hence the need for loot boxes. But as a result good games are being fucked over because they can't compete.

Crashing the industry would fix it. Over exposure and anti-competitive practices have ruined everything. A crash would destroy the cartel behaviours allowing for cottage/mail order/apogee model studios to open up again. People would begin trying new ideas because the market would now be accessible to everything including niche ideas as opposed to accessible to mainstream appeal only which is why nearly every game on the market lately looks the same, plays the same, is basically the same and year after year is just another reskin.

The industry will eventually kill itself. The business models are unsustainable, eventually the consumer does run out of money. Lower consumer confidence in time will bite them in the ass and of course the business life cycle (most of these studios are ancient) will cause them to die because the business has become mismanaged and has a higher than usual turn around of employees, which means their own developers become sick and tired of working there (which is happening now hence why diversity hires are happening and why all this bullshit with for example Bioware is going on).

Either way why worry, if you pirate things you have no financial investment, the only issue you've got is that you're bored, but no new game is going to fix this because most new games are shit. Nothing of value to be had, nothing of value lost. There are still games in the past, some which you might never have played before, that are much more deserving of your attention and can never be taken away.

Eventually the industry will crash, its inevitable. Regulation will kill it faster than anything, imagine them retroactively putting fines on studios that employed lootboxes, Valve would be dead overnight from the years of fines they'd be paying. The industry would collapse. This event might actually happen. I hope it does for all our sakes. If it results in the ESA's death, so be it, they're an mouthpiece for the most corrupt fucks in this industry, bring it the fuck on.

You can still play it, but no one does.

wait nevermind. But my point still stands, most people didn't give a shit about Planetside 1 hence why they turned it off, even when they had the option no one played it.

Mostly because of Hackergeddon you know.

This. This post needs to be pinned. It needs to be seen and spread far and wide. The industry NEEDS to crash.

And people wonder why I'm so defensive of Evolve.

Blame the fact that they hired a youtuber and none of the people who worked on 1 are still around.

They shut down the servers and the people working on PSF completely dropped it.

PSF developers were completely braindead so it doesn't surprise me.

yeah I had a derp, my brain forgot what current year it was.

2018 my man. It's a shame that PSF never took off. The three years in Planetside at the end of it's lifespan were a major highlight of my vidyagaems career

Your plan to do that is what?

FUCK THEIR ASS

Have fun with that, I guess.

By killing those that ruin video games for us.
Nothing else will work.
But you can weaken them by raising awareness to normalfags, and subverting the marketing so more and more normalfags stop spending money on games.
Lie if yo have to.
Always kill the hype for any release from any corporation.
Do what was done to Star Wars to every single game, and soon, normalfags won't be profitable anymore.
Then you can start the killings.

This will help too.

Corporate and impotent shill.
Destabilizing the market IS a good thing for Gamers. Corporations don't carve to us, so we destroy them.
It is better to have nothing than have something that it is not made for our tastes.

Correct. Except that we do have to act, even if we aren't investing our money, for the simple reason of not letting greedy and lazy bastards have control over our hobby.

Subvert all marketing and make normalfags hate the company and the industry as a whole.
It was done already, in a large scale with Star Wars and Disney itself. We can make it become much larger, to the point that the company loses too much money to afford being around.
And, of course, killing the weak inside said companies, while weakening the big ones.

make video games be an activity thats exclusively for losers again
then, make video games be associated with so much of the right-wing that lefties refuse to associate with it
then, the only audience left will be losers who aren't also lefties, a considerable amount of whom have good taste compared to everyone that likes video games now

This. The whole fucking point is that Corporations are supposed to cater to US, not US catering to THEM.

Those in charge of Videogames right now hate the very fucking concept of them.

This especially. It needs to fucking die so it can be reborn. Any claims of "hurr durr there's not going to be any rebuild" are fucking retarded. Do you not remember when Nintendo singlehandedly revived the industry by selling the NES as a TOY instead of a Game? Yeah. There you go.

Too late for that, much much too late. Time to do this was back in 2003-2004, most of us were in High School. But this was around the time that studios like Troika, Origin Systems, Ion Storm ect all got fucked over. This was the turning point. The casual coup happened in 2007 with the launch of the Iphone and the creation of social media. We lost this war a very long time ago.

The good thing is though that there's enough people who are pissed off at the state of things (hence why youtube has so many anti-lootbox videos) that some of the cottage industries I mentioned still have a shot at carving out a reasonable niche, but they'll never compete with the AAAs and so will be ignored.

I mean having a modest existence in the games industry is better than not having existed at all, I think most developers need to be happier with their lot and stop being megalomaniacs. Too often they get too big for their boots and then go after the casual dollar as a final betrayal. It is incredibly frustrating and difficult for people like us to trust developers and its a major reason why we just aren't catered to because even the ones that do cater to us will eventually betray us anyway.

SOE for example did this with Star Wars Galaxies and Planetside 1 as mentioned earlier. This keeps happening, and will continue to keep happening. We say "hey nice game, I like this" and the industry say "NO NO! NOT FOR YOU! YOU NOT PAY ENOUGH!" and the casuals say "errr… $99.99 best value.. hell yeah.. Dad can I borrow your credit card".

The fight isn't over until every last one of those motherfuckers sucks the shit out of our ass. See how THEY like it.

shits about to get real, I just brought out the charts.

So the core gamer sits relatively within the early adopters region of the market lifecycle. Effectively what studios do is they'll make a product to try at cater to us, then bait and switch it towards mainstream appeal. We're being used to prop a games publicity, hence why they keep taking shit away from us.

The bit at the end with the decline phase, you need a big enough decline phase to ensure that the IP dies. The IP can never be brought back without the core base's endorsement (see Star Wars). Effectively we want to win this war, you need shit loads of brand fatigue like we've just seen with Mass Effect, the only way Mass Effect can come back is only with our blessing, and most of us if not all will not give it because Bioware are cucks. I think the industry forgot this fact, Core gamers can build IP, casuals destroy them. If you want to bring IPs back, then you need us. So them burning us is only going to ensure that once all the IPs are fucked, they won't be able to sustain their business models anymore. I think most of you would agree that the majority of games lately are sold on their IP alone, hence why Battlefront 2 can still make $7 billion despite all the shit people were saying about it. But Brand Fatigue is a real thing and eventually the brand will die, the only way to keep it alive is through hardcore evangelists- of which now Star Wars has very few hence why the toys are now in bargain bins. The same is happening with video games. People are getting sick of it. IPs dying is a good thing. Burn Mass Effect to the ground IMO.

I've told people this for ages. They were too ignorant to listen to us.

I did what I could doctor. But there was too many valve drones, too many casuals. Too many underage shitters.

People shit on me for loving Evolve for the game it was, but their childish mentality prevents them from seeing the truth.

Nu-Doom isn't even a fucking Doom game, it's a Cash-In on BROOGLE DOOG which is cancer.

are you retarded? If you want corporations to go bankrupt then you don't get in the way and prohibit them from shitting things up. "collapsing" the economy preemptively would behoove the company. I am calling you idiots niggers because you are too low IQ to understand basic economics.

Hi, Bethesda.

the proposition was how do we crash the industry to prevent prevent Megacorps from shitting it up. Well dumb ass, if you want to crash the industry then just let Megacorps shit it up. Because the other way around those Greedy Jews get to run off with the profits without paying for the losses.

you are a retarded nigger and a corporate shill. You want to "crash the industry" to defend these corporations.

Someone Watches Rick and Morty look the fuck out.

you don't understand basic causality and then call me the Rick and Morty fan?
>>>Holla Forums
wew
e
w

Shit bait.

the proposition was not

Fuck off Phoneposter.

The big question is will a video game crash happen before or after embed related?

It's already happened twice. Do you think the third time's the charm or something?

Wrong you stupid fucking cunt.

The Juden are to blame for our industry going to shit. So DAY OF THE ROPE must be first.

fuckin prove it then you goddamn nergl

It's happened once you bloody tard.

Nigger is everyone on this board bought games, then that was multiplied by 10 companies would still shift to greed.

completely wrong, it happened twice.
1977 - Pong Machine market crashes, Atari surges in dominance.
1983 - Atari crash resulting in Commodore, Sega and Nintendo rising to power.

The 83 crash is the most famous because of the positive impact it had on the industry. The 77 crash had little positive about it other than at least people stopped giving a shit about pong finally.

So finally nobody gave a fuck about pong jewry. Good.
Atari crashing because of Jews. Like today. Hmm. Really makes you think.

Atari crashed because they were being assholes to their employees, which resulted in lots and lots of shovelware because their talent were leaving for better paying jobs. Its actually because of this fact that you end up with Electronic Arts… and thus the cancer spreads, see EA was created with really good intentions which was derived from the same thinking that the people leaving Atari had- hence why the left. Remember that EA only turned into assholes around the time they started working with Bethesda on their Sports IPs which is funny because the first thing Bethesda did as a company was sue EA. Then EA became the Tyrants. Now Bethesda have turned the same way. Its funny how they topple one regime only to install even worse regimes each iteration.

I think the key is that Publishers shouldn't stay relevant. If they do, they over stay their welcome. Too many franchises. Better to make 1 thing, have it sell really well, then move onto the next venture.

I think we've lost some really great developers to the same sort of shit that caused the 83 crash, the unbearable corporate culture resulted in an exodus, of which once the talent leaves, it rarely ever comes back. The industry has a talent vacuum and its being filled with Diversity Hires who are idiots that don't realise they're being screwed, but doesn't matter, they're crap at their jobs.

I'll laugh if they start striking, because to me that says a lot about how unfair it is that the industry for the longest time got away with murder, but suddenly some black guy gets rights because "MUH NIGGUH". It would be so typical of this industry.

Atari crashed because the fucking quality of it's games was becoming fucking garbage and they kept charging more and more. Just like today.

Counter election interference, guerilla ads, advertisement campaigns, general memetic warfare have all been done on imageboards and one of the big motivating factors behind its increase in activity was attempted mass censorship especially on the old turf of halfchan.

Not sure what would enable actual hot warfare and (sustained) bloodshed between any of the boards here and the forces of Zionism short of their own attempted purging day with assassinations and FEMA relocations abound topped off with Boston city-esque lockdowns.

Tons of people talk and fantasize about putting bullets in people's heads and chests, but as of now, that's all it is. Ren-user being the most memorable example here with him actually having a golden opportunity to kill people at E3 since their security was heavily lax last year. And nobody, not even Ren-user himself thought such a thing could have been remotely feasible.

Hitler should of won then, obviously.

that's a misconception, they did this because of a direct result of their developers leaving. Most of the shovel-ware was contracted to people that didn't know what they were doing and that Atari were giving them too short deadlines to produce the work. The pricing was an issue obviously because mothers were fed up paying top dollar for shit games for their kids- that caused the crash.

2003-2004 was the time a lot of things should have been done. I think if only a handful of things had been different, they would have been done, but I could always use a second opinion. What would have had to happen differently back then in order to avoid the cancerous state of today's vidya industry?

Immidiate revulsion to anything remotely resembling predatory practices? More support of niche/lesser known titles? Planetside 1 getting the numbers it's devs probably should of wanted to? PUBG gets all the praise, but it's Planetside that did it proper (lol who fuckin' cares about BattleSide? Construction would be great for PS1 tho)

Xbox and PS2 fail and don't have any longevity. Microsoft gets spooked and focuses its efforts on PC as a platform, also doesn't release windows Vista (vista did a lot of damage for PC gaming - see Games for Windows Live). Sony gives up and goes back to making Blu Ray players and inferior TVs. But even still you have the problem that Apple would still release the Iphone in 2007… which results in the destruction of the phone market and gaming becoming accessible. Nintendo could've subverted all of this by making their own phone at the same time… instead Nintendo now makes games for Apple… I hate this timeline.

Just buy whatever games you think deserve the money, ignore the rest, also, consider how many games you will really be able to play on your lifetime.

Basically I'm saying if PC had remained the dominant platform none of this would've happened.

Piracy,

We'll find a way to fix this. There's always something we've overlooked.

Exactly my boy.

This especially.

A war lost over 70 years ago, but those with enough will power and madness could try again surely? Although
gives a grim reminder that there are always dragons to slay be they outward enemies ot0r traitors from within. Companies like Acclaim and Activision would split off from each other like they did to Atari and others to keep from being buttfucked only to become the things that they hated in the end. It happened to sites, websites, and people alike, no one thing or person is safe. Utopias are a pipe dream, we can do better and move things forward but for how long? Things can't always be kept in a peak ideal state but they can be improved from this point in time. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Then we shall remain vigilant, brothers. We won't succumb to the jew like they did.

Give up on video games and start taking dancing lessons

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AH
AGAAGGAGAHAHAHHAHA
/AHAHAAH HAS
HA
HE'S NOT
AHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHA

We only need to wait, as the megacorps in their greed have forgotten the most important lesson of economics: the consumer is greedy too.
We saw this already in the Atari crash, and unless something gets through the dense skulls of the marketing majors running the show, it's going to happen again, with the only input from consumers being the refusal to buy enough games to sustain AAA.

Then we need to find ways to accelerate the flame.

Lying is what got us into this mess.

I'm not joking, dancing is fun and it will get you comfortable asking out women and being comfortable holding their hands.

No thanks. I'd rather not associate with any of those disgusting sub-creatures.

stop giving them money, dumbass.

That's not going to change when we have fucking whales who shell out 600$

this user is right. i took a dancing course in college (counted as a credit) and i continued taking dance lessons eventually when i started working. i havent been to a latin dancing club, but im a tubby mofo and even i pull tail

And? Why would I care about that bullshit when I can retain my virginity and BECOME A FUCKING WIZARD?

Wizard of the Deep it is!

let's go

aw yeah.

Excellent roll!

shit you got undead.

makes sense given your spoopy pic

Huh. You might of gotten snakepenis

Let's see.

The new Doom was great though

Maybe, but I wasn't entirely a fan, mostly because I think it's trying too hard to be BROOTLE DOOG. I do like how it IS a continuation of D64 though.

Elemental. Nice. You get a wide bevy of things to work with.

NuDoom is the Fury Road of vidya, everyone said it was above average-good but it's actually garbage.

I mean, I thought Fury Road was okay, but what the fuck is up with it? It's like it's being fast-forwarded or something.

rollan, let us see what wizard I shall become if I can ever figure out how to be a true celibate including no 2-D

This nigga can control time. That's 5 seconds of his life he's getting back!

except you rolled 88 so your not a wizard?

It's hot as fuck in hell user.

Read the image again. 88 is a dubs. Dubs can pick any wizard they like. I picked the Lovecraftian one.

It is never too late to ruin the lives of our enemies.
It is all being done right now with the big ones.
And a "end everything" solution is always possible, at any time. If we can't get what we want, we can end everything for everyone. It will still be better than to have the industry exist without our input.
As a side note: Ion Storm is THE worst example that you could cite. They were hacks that wanted to live like celebrities instead of working to create good products.

the same that can be done NOW: create an overall mindset of constant doubt and depreciation for ANY release from any studio or company, no matter how big or small. This is already being implemented, and we can accelerate it. When most normalfags simply think "never spend money on video games", we win. Either by the corporate sits giving up for lack of revenue, or by the total crash and elimination of this industry as it is right now. If we end everything for everyone, we will still have the good games already made, that we can play again and again. It will still be better than have an existing industry that is against us.

Whoa now, We want a crash. We don't want it dead outright. We need to influence people and open their eyes so that they agree. We should get as many people in on this as possible, devs and any sympathetic publishers (ahhahhaha yeah right) included.

When people are aware the industry requires a Crash, they must also be aware that this crash must go in tandem with a reboot -after- everybody is aware of the flaws and why it had to crash: Videogames should be passion-driven, not profit-driven.

So while I agree on ending everything, we don't want it to become unsalvagable. We just need to send one big resounding "See this shit? STOP IT!" to everyone as a whole.

It's okay to make a little bit of money when you've made your game

But the primary focus should be delivering the best possible game you can make, not trying to excise the most profit out of it.

It worked for id and DOOM in 1993. There's no excuse for this. They only wanted 9$ for it, and even launched with mod support. The game is still active and thriving 24, going on 25 years later. This needs to be pointed out: LAUNCH WITH MOD SUPPORT.

please accept my roll mein fuhrer

00! Seig heil!

I'm gonna go with space. Fuck those niggers that said I was born too early to explore it.

Neat

P A N I C

Yes, and change occurred each time. Faggot.

Then how would it work? People keep buying shitty games.

Funny that the stupid reply got the communist wizard.

This, and holy shit there's a multitude of shill tactics here

Only Romero's team was like this. The other 2 teams produced amazing games like Deus Ex, Thief and Anachronox, but naturally they were under developed thanks to Eidos being unbearable faggots. Also none of those games would've been made if it hadn't been for Romero being a huge dickhead. My example was though that the talent vacuum was real- especially since most of Ion Storm now works for Bethesda, and so history repeats itself again, they flee one tyrant just to install another. Origin was the same because Ion Storm was built by those fed up with Origin being sold to EA. The fact is, the people that worked there are stupid and will likely keep getting burned.

Moral of the story was though that the publishers started becoming far more tyrannical once the 90s had finished, as anyone that actually knew what they were doing was running for any publisher that still had money to offer, they ran into something way way worse than what they were running from. Thus they were idiots, thus we have the problems we're faced with today.

(heiled)
Rollan

Agree.
That is why i said "when most of them…"
Let only a small parcel of the consumers spending money on it, and still spending as little as possible. Always keep companies in check to prevent them from growing too much.
BUT, as a "plan B", yes, i would accept a complete end, instead of just repeating a cycle that leads to more greed and anti-consumer practices. If it can't be avoided, then end it all.

That is not enough today. Companies have big marketing teams that try to deceive people everywhere. By crashing it all FIRST, we can rebuild it and shape it to our tastes later.
And still, as i said before, this is not guaranteed to work. So, my alternative is to end it all if it does not work.

And that is precisely why just having talent is not enough. We need to keep in check WHO are the people working on any projects and NEVER give the benefit of doubt. If they behave like leftists or like those attention whores from the 90s, they must always be avoided and never receive any support. Never give space for possible same people to grow ever again. They will commit the same mistakes.

Agreed, as a developer my number 1 rule is never ever get a Twitter account. This will ensure you're living in an echo chamber where SJW bots can't influence you in anyway nor create controversies for you to fix. I find that's the main reason why these studios are so full of shit lately, they spend more time on socially manufacturing hype and controversies than actually making a game. I've stopped giving to this form of corporate activism. I don't want to give money to companies who are pushing a political agenda and who will eventually influence the outcomes of elections. That shits fucking scary.

c'mon american wizard.

Yer a goddamn noodle wizard. Your mac-and-cheese is enough to make gods weep.

YOU CAN COUNT TO PORTATO

Why choose? Best is to take 10*60+1*600. Double profits!

Before, because that shit is never going to happen.

Most of us won't buy your game anyway, if Piracy is an option we'll always take that option.

roll

Where the fuck are you?!

Remove this option? Only online never release server code to public.

Then no one buys it and the company goes bankrupt.

Well that explains why all the good game companies are gone.

and i meant to quote
not

Good roll

Thank you, Juden.

Rollin for wizardry

Shit wizard? Gross.

Ignore it all, create your own independent circle/"faction" a-la weeaboos with Japanese content, enjoy a nice relatively closed circle that shitty devs and shitty (((journalists))) alike won't touch.

Speak for yourself nigger.

rollan

Rolling for the assassin wizard.
I will smite normalfags with my dagger.

Would it be more impressive to get actual dubs, or to get the checkem wizard?

Checkem I guess.
You're the goddamn space wizard. Hot damn. Now you can vacuum people.

Ye be a viking. What do you mean bashing people's heads in isn't magic?

You're a pinball wizard. King of the Cabinet

Soon.

Flood the industry with boobs and the triggered sjw will rash it himself

So long as the consumer keeps enabling bad practices, it will keep happening. It's easy to forge that casuals don't think much of buying some DLC for a game or buying a lootbox if it's cheap enough and they don't follow the game news enough to see the downgrades from promo footage.The casual also doesn't notice diversity hires or meddling from hire-ups, they just see the commercials and say "he that looks like fun" or "hey everyone else is playing it."
I doubt we'll see any shift in practices unless publishers do something to -really- fuck over the average consumer or a new medium takes it's place and more casuals move to that. Since as it stands there are more casuals than "core" gamers and the casuals are easier to please and seperate from their money

(checked & rolled)

Dubs. Have what you like

Dubs wizard, of courshe

You're the wizard of repeating digits. Dubs will come on demand.

Not only that, but you HAVE to be openly against leftists and SJWs when confronted by them.
Whenever you back down, everyone will lose faith in you, and the leftists will only attack you more.
Be openly defying and aggressive against them, no matter what difficulties this cause. It is better to have loyal fans than to avoid difficulties and then lose everything soon after.

we go back in time thirty fucking years because it's almost always been that way

That's because they actually did speed up many shots in editing to try and keep the runtime down.

He needn't be unprofessional about it, just making it clear their input is not welcome and they should seek someone else to bother is good enough. But yeah, leftists need to be proactively purged from communities to keep them from being subverted.

Yeah. It looks really odd/jarring.

It was a resounding "okay." Playable, but not a game I will go back to. The biggest issue for me was that most of the time your only incentive for exploring the level is finding the stupid Doomguy dolls or other meaningless tripe instead of useful shit. And then they decide to put the fucking plasma rifle as an easily-found secret in what, the second stage? Also, the fact that you can only have threatening encounters in the specially marked "arena zones" really bothers the fuck out of me.

Thing a lot of people don't realise though is that the SJW clique controls most networking opportunities, due to their nepotistic nature. The constant need for a narcissistic developer to be liked and to be popular pushes them into becoming cucked. The solution is to be the most anti-social game developer there is and only communicate through direct means that way you can't be backed into a corner when the fists start flying. As my original point stands, don't get a twitter, its a persistent place where you can always be attacked and communicated with. Better to not give a shit, and focus entirely on making a good game.

The main mistake of actively using twitter is that it is battlegrounds out of you control. And rulers of these battlegrounds maybe hostile to you and yours ideas. Its fighting uneven battle. Why do you want to give opposition unfair advantage? Get unfair advantage for yourself! Use only YOUR forum you fully control for active communication. Forum is primal source of information, and interactive decision. Use social media ONLY as passive repeaters of announcements from forum. "Wanna know more? Link to our forum post below!"

Then if someone hostile try to attack you on your forum your can ban them for over 9000 bullshit reasons written in the EULA. Also on your own battlegrounds you can use full spectrum of unfair methods of discussion. Mod always wins argument and his opponent always look like banned idiot.

Never ever choose to fight on enemies battlegrounds. Fight them with their weapons.

The need for this nepotistic community is enforced by the state of the industry as a whole. I almost became a game developer, then I realized that it's like being an enterprise developer except it's longer hours, less pay, less benefits, and much more volatile. To top all that off, it's harder to find a job because there are five other bright-eyed brainwashed idiots just like you trying for your position. Such a stressful industry naturally results in close knit communities of people that support each other by providing references, job opportunities and also people to hang out with. Add a generous sprinkling of autistic motherfuckers who may or may not have ever had friends up to this point and it becomes easy to understand how social justice spread like wildfire in this industry.

No. Being like what you said is being defensive and amounts to nothing.
You will be saw as weak by all sides involved. Those that were on your side will abandon you, and the rest will keep attacking you.
"Unprofessional" is only a made up term so the leftists can accuse aggressive people of something.
If yo don't attack them, then your products will not be worth to anyone as you will be on constant risk of being pushed aside by the SJWs, and nobody want to invest time or money on someone like that.

Abandon the networking and find other means or create your own.
If you know that the enemy is in control of it, don't use it.
The time and effort that you waste trying to avoid or circumvent them on their own territory should be used to create new territories and new means to market your game without any input from them. This user gave a good example.

You can always use contacts to subvert the SJWs and the big companies' marketing.
Attack them directly. always mock their decisions. Always name directly those SJWs that expose themselves as idiots or shills. You will gain a following of people that will do the same, because all are fed up with the industry.
Create a new environment by attacking everyone that likes the current one.

EA turned asshole when it reverse engineered the Sega Genesis then blackmailed Sega into a sweetheart licensing deal.

You destroy the Megacorps (which is laughable, no video games company is a megacorp, the megacorps are banks and agribusiness mostly) with competition. It is their bane, their anathema. You make money and take away their market share. You don't crash the industry, you fuel it with your fuel instead of theirs. To destroy the industry is to doom games to the same mediocrity as model ships. You'll only ever get those indie games you all hate so much.

Posting in an autism thread

Rollin

Still don't have it right, faggot. Try again harder.

Assassin wizard. You will be unrivaled in the art of eliminating people

As long as there is demand for AAA blockbuster cinematic experience garbage, there will be cancerous AAA devs like Ubiturd, Actiblizz and EA. The only way to get rid of them is to kill demand for their garbage. This can only be done by reaching out to normalfags by shaming them for liking garbage like yearly released Call of Battlefields, F2P skinner boxes and "cinematic experiences".

So like I already am?

Please don't give any further attention to this thread, anyone unfortunate enough to be scrolling by if it theoretically continues. It is an S'Arais thread. A full third of all posts in the entire thread are by S'Arais; specifically, 56 out of 166 including this post, or 33.7%. S'Arais is described here and outs himself here in a more or less typical fashion. This obsessive vorefaggot xenomorph-autist filthmeister makes a thread of this sort every few weeks, or every month and a half, relatively infrequently. The topic isn't always the same; sometimes it's 'muh industry crash' and the like as seen here, other times it's a blatant 'why did evolve fail fellow goymers' thread.

He replies to every single post made in desperation to keep his garbage on the front page. It appears some kind of 'stealthy' autistic self-promotion, to what end no one knows, in which he shills Evolve, engages in how-do-you-do-fellow-kids tier insincere Holla Forums imitation, types like a general faggot, engages in delusionary grandeur of unknown sincerity or irony, and generally inflates into a colossal pus-filled boil of shit content posts supported by unwary anons and sockpuppet (1) and dones. It is a severe waste of space and time, as even one thread by S'Arais is too much, even one post by S'Arais is too much. Do not give autistic self-promoter ayyfurries the time of day, give them birdshot, salt and the door.

rollan

I'd already deduced that strategy anyway and its the one I'm already employing, but thanks everyone for convincing me I'm on the right track.

Games development is better as a hobby than a job hence why porn games have become ridiculously successful.

True but the incident I'm referring to happened in the 80s. That was the first sign that EA might in fact be a bunch of hypocritical fuckwits.

You must be new to gaming because under the Apogee model days sure you had shit but there was so much quantity that those games were ignored, as such there were far more better games that were getting attention. It was a far more competitive time, moreso than today and its purely because Marketing wasn't a thing back then, you relied entirely on word of mouth. Established developers sure could pay out for a magazine ad but that's all, it was rare that a small timer could afford an advert in a magazine so there was less noise.

That's pretty stupid. Just don't have an "official" account and instead stealthily shill your game through sockpuppets.

let's go

Wew lad.

You… might want to get that checked. Infested isn't good.

Your roboticist skills are unrivaled, but the mere notion of hedgehogs causes you to start sperging out.

Which is a good thing.
We already have enough good games for a lifetime. There is no need to have and industry if there is always the chance of it turning to shit again even when we win.
Ending the industry completely is as good as saving it. The goal is to never let leftists and SJWs have their way. Saving or crashing the industry are just desirable outcomes. Both are good for Gamers. We can have old and good games and never let anything that is new and shit be created, which is good. Or we can shape it to our tastes without exceptions, which is also good.
The thing is that shaping it is more unlikelly, so a complete crash and impossible recover is the better option at this point.

rollan

Magician of Ballsacks
that's pretty gay

So you want me to do what most of Holla Forums does. Like come the fuck on, its almost like you want cancer on this board.

No kidding, OP has 59 of 176 replies as of this post. If this isn't some furfag shilling a shitty, dead game, I don't know what this is.

Bitch please

Flood the industry with tits, sjw will show they triggered face and will expose themself to the public for what they are.

We make "fangames" of what we actually want hidden behind a layer of a game that the creator gives no shits if his game gets a fangame.

just don't buy the games

this

Evolve was actually a good game. It was just overpriced, since it was MP only but was a full 60$, but all the whining about DLC as misplaced and due to bad marketing.

There wasn't any day 1 DLC other then skins, or pay to win shit, how they marketed it was just so confusing it made it seem like there was

Having DLC makes it automatically shit.

How does it feel to be fucking retarded?

DLC is bad when it's content that could have been included in the main game. If it's shit that was made after the game was already completed then it's literally a pro without a con.

Not necessarily. Often they'll shorten the release date to get the game out faster than they normally would and take content that would of been in the game and release it later as DLC. Instead of waiting a little longer and getting the full game for full price, you get a big chunk at full price on release and a smaller chunk for an extra 5-20 bucks. You still have to wait the same amount of time for that last chunk though.

Trash.
Hot garbage.
The marketing was the only thing they did right, which is why faggots were disappointed you fucking revisionist.

Holy shit, Toontown, 4 years after closing is doing better than Evolve 1 month after launch.
In fact, if we count the max simultaneous players toontown gets every day it has more than twice all the player that have logged the entire day for evolve 1 month after launch.

S'arais aka Doughnut man has been spotted.
Surely you have more interesting things to do lad.
To actually add to thread topic at hand. You don't, move the fuck on and don't support cancerous models. Exact same lowest common denominator business models happened to movies and music.
Reject the mass market appeal enjoy the vidya you enjoy.

Belive me, I don't
Because THAT sure worked out, didn't it?
You know that's just an in-joke and being called a donut doesn't bother me, right?

dropbox.com/s/yp1ixp2szp1aqzb/Incident666.wad?dl=0
abandoned joel map

Fuck off with your corporate shilling.
DLC is implemented to extort money by selling incomplete games in parts and making them overpriced to the point that the whole pack costs 3x or more the price of a single complete game.
It does not matter what it is said on paper. Only what it is done in practice.
All DLC are extortion.

This.

God this is obvious bait

keep the hood safe, H

Gonna add
I love how good these jews fail to realise that they could easily eliminate a good chunk of the pirate audience they so hate by releasing demos again. Evolve was trash though, when it could have easily been so good with someone else directing it like me. :^)

TRS wanted it to be F2P from the get go. Unfortunately, 2K were kikes. Then again, they're ran by Take-Jew.

TRS had next to no control over their own game, and that's what people fail to understand, It was never meant to be a fast paced action brawler bullshit. It was SUPPOSED to be a multiple-open-world strategic shooter, where positioning, teamwork, and your choices mattered, as well as any given buffs from elite wildlife (which, i may add, had AI that was more intelligent than MOST PLAYERS)

Correct term is
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_discrimination

Which is extortion when put into practice.

cool

You're responding to a video which actually shows how much hype they generated for the game. Granted I think the marketing's mistake was trying to push it as an e-sport.

The marketing was entirely fucking wrong. They kept trying to bill it for the Cod/Battlefield audience, when the game was NOTHING like that.

The hype was from those who had genuinely played the game, alpha/beta, and started looking in deeper past the shitsmear veil because they were free, radical thinkers.

Hahaha.
Any MP game with low damage long TTK fights and high speed movement jumps spam is automatically bad. You may no like it but this how it is. Jump spam alone cuts game attractiveness by half, having both features is guaranteed fail.

t. shitter who can't jetpack

I am the greatest

As i said. Developers who are buying into Holla Forums "advanced movement meme" should understand that it will be desirable only for this small audience. Why do you need to shrink your playbase this much? This is answer every developer should answer fro themselves. (no autistic screeching at audience that they noobs who don't understand your game will not help them to like your game)

t. shitter who's bad at vidya

The pricetag and the DLC is what officially killed it and casuals

This is literally the first time I've ever seen the argument "it had jump spam" as to why a game was shit.

It's not a legitimate argument considering most real games meant for core gamers are filled with jumpspam

Hahaha. No.

Are you the Evolve shill user, user?

I mean, if that's the new word for talking about games somebody doesn't like.

Opinion discarded. Those are not real games.

Lurk forever

user…

Image saying it at shareholders meeting and been thrown out of the window lol.

I mean, they're modern shooter handholder garbage.

Now, if you had said Tribes, Renegade, Quake, Killing Floor, Natural Selection, or any other number of FPS games with real effort put into them aside from
Then i would have let this slide more.

Thing is that you subjective "real efforts this core game that" opinion doesn't matter for developer. What matters is objective numbers (of players numbers and revenues). And these numbers are not good for games with so from developer's POV it is better to stay away from such gameplay.

But you are free to make game with any memes you want. It is capitalism after all.

So in other words, we absolutely have to pander to the underaged, the "modern brown and bloom" shooter crowd? Come now. This shouldn't be nessasary.

As i said you can make whatever game you want but it would have very small audience. No amount of autistic screeching at gamers outside this audience will make them play your game. You are warned.

Well, whatever man.

Killing those will make them a minority.
And killing the shareholders will also stop the practice of only carving for mindless masses.

If you have power ot can kill everyone you don't need stupid games. You become THE KING. What you are suggesting is like asking Stalkers wish granter for lifetime supply of tacos.

When you learn how to code you stop caring about video games because more options open up to you. All of the games whose source code has been released in the past are a proof of it. Do you know those constant errors that vanilla stalkers throw at you in the console? Or yanderedev's top notch 20 if's one after another, each one being basically if a == 1, if a == 2 variety? That's basically industry standard. Games are written by the most amateur tier coders who nowadays just rely on regurgitated "engines" and stitch the results with whatever modeling and animation programs they have. Also

Retard.

Fantastic post,faggot

Stay mad about it, retard.

Nigger.

I'm not mad,i'm just disappointed.

wew

It is not "me". It is US.

This.
All the corporate shills are just raging because their cocksucking did not land them on any higher position and now the industry is being brought down by regulations and sheer boycotts made possible by our efforts.
-Never pay for entertainment.
-Never support devs that will surely become communists as soon as they attain any success.
-Always ruin sales and profits for companies. They are all our enemies. They hire the lowest life forms and demand high prices for low effort products.
-Play the already existing good games for the rest of your life. There are enough of them for it.