ITT: post free video games, open source or full stand alone mods

ITT: post free video games, open source or full stand alone mods.

OTTD
openttd.org/en/

UFO: AI
ufoai.org/wiki/News

Widelands
wl.widelands.org/

Mini Racing Online not actually online
miniracingonline.com/index.php?Lenguaje=en

Battle of Wesnoth
wesnoth.org/

Soldner secret wars
soldnersecretwars.de/?lang=en

Warzone 2100
wz2100.net/

Minetest
minetest.net/

more here
libregamewiki.org/Main_Page

Other urls found in this thread:

emhsoft.com/singularity/index.html
planeshift.it/
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Elona_Wiki
gene-rally.com
crawl.develz.org/
nifflas.ni2.se/games/
cavestory.org/download/cave-story.php
remar.se/daniel/iji.php
scummvm.org/games/
locomalito.com/
digi.atw.hu/
nolfrevival.tk/
thedarkmod.com/main/
openra.net/
alternativeto.net/software/warhammer-40000-dawn-of-war-series--rts-/?license=opensource
lemonamiga.com/games/list.php?list_license=Public Domain/Freeware
warsow.net/download
delicious-fruit.com/
archive.org/details/extend_201511
archive.org/details/WarningForever
adom.de/home/index.html
desktopdungeons.net/media/
zero-k.info
nxengine.sourceforge.net/
gemrb.org/wiki/doku.php?id=start
openmw.org/en/
springrts.com/
revolutionarygamesstudio.com/
openxcom.org/
moddb.com/mods/the-dawn-of-the-tiberium-age
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_&_Conquer:_Red_Alert#Open_source_remake
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

All of them.

how about this

Endgame
emhsoft.com/singularity/index.html

You are gayer than any buyfag for this.
You get a shitty FOSS MMO for your faggotry, fuck you.
planeshift.it/

Does Robot Unicorn Attack count?

*tfw you haven't searched the internet for free games ever since you discovered piracy*

Feels old

But are they all free as in freedom?

>>>Holla Forums

Fuck off Linuxfags, and get a job so you can pay for your games instead of demanding everything be free.

Elona
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Elona_Wiki
I recommend installing Elona+ and Elona Custom on that.

No one here was implying that, faggot.

Alien Swarm: Reactive Drop on Steam.

www.cs2d.com
www.unrealsoftware.de

- You Have to Win the game (A simple but fun platformer, free on Steam)
- Banana Nababa (a simple but hard 2D boss rush game)
- G-Type (mix between R-Type and Gradius)
- Gigadeep (pretty rough Megaman X clone)
- Castlevania Fighter (Boss rush game made on the Mugen engine. It's got lots of content)
- AM2R ("Another Metroid 2 Remake", in the style of Zero Mission. Go play it fag)
- Eternal Daughter (a decent Metroid like game)
- Gianna's Return (Classic hard as fuck platforming)
- Liero (Worms on steroids)
- Momodora 1 & 2 (platformers inspired by Cave Story)
- Celestial Mechanica (nice platformer. Free on Playism) and Infinos (simple shmup, also free on playism)
- Noitu Love
- Ausable
- Barkley Shut up and Jam Gaiden
- Rescue the Beagles
- Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles 1&2
- Super Mario Bros X (custom levels with lots of content, 4 player coop)
- DOOM WADS, you can spend your whole life just playing them
- Mari0 (Mario with the portal gun, it has lots of options and a very good level editor)
- OpenBOR games (Beats of Rage, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Contra Locked N' Loaded, Night Slashers, Knights and Dragons, among many more)
- Streets of Rage Remake (the best Beat em up ever made)
- Zelda Classic (Open source port of the first zelda game. Comes with an editor and many custom zelda games have been made with it)
- A shit ton of RPG Maker games, some have been mentioned in this thread (Yume Nikki, Space Funeral, Off, and a long etc.)
I just wish Elysis and Super Castlevania 3 were still in development.

Having decent, free and modifiable tools is good for everybody. A propietary software company has to actually compete make a better product than the free alternative in order to make their products worth a buy.

Top down racing game. Unfortunately not free as in autism, but it's still good.
gene-rally.com
Old C&C games are also free.
Warzone 2100 and are really good, AS:RD has FINALLY bots so there can be drop-in multi (iirc).

You guys ever play dungeon crawl stone soup? It's fairly fun.
crawl.develz.org/

Dwarf Fortress

Been looking for some potato friendly multiplayer games. Thanks.

I put 40 hours into that game this week my first time being serious with a nip roguelike. Really fucking fun.

widelands
xonotic

nifflas.ni2.se/games/
all of nifflas' free games, knytt, within a deep forest etc.

cave story (original) cavestory.org/download/cave-story.php
iji, which I've been meaning to replay as it got a pretty significant update last year
remar.se/daniel/iji.php

One of the craziest videogame experiences ever made, Dreamweb, is free at Scummvm's official website. If you like point n click games and Hotline Miami, then this will click with you right away You are gonna need a guide
scummvm.org/games/
Also most of Locomalito's titles such as Maldita Castilla and Curse of Issyos (which is really damn good and deserves its own thread)
locomalito.com/

S.W.I.N.E.
digi.atw.hu/

No One Lives Forever Revival Edition
nolfrevival.tk/
Has NOLF 1, NOLF 2 and Contract Jack. Supports multiple modern OS systems, has widescreen support and access to single and multiplayer.

I'll admit I feel conflicted if this should have been a regular YouTube embed or not since it's a community release.

Shmups time.

< Shmup
Tons of levels, with different game modes (such as IKA mode which uses the dark/light system from Ikaruga). Every stage is an extended boss battle.

< Shmup
You play through the "history" of shmups, starting with a Space Invaders clone, moving on to Galaga, and eventually reaching the peak of bullet hell. Upgrades to your ship are based on how you play. For example, if you stay on the upper half of the screen a lot, your ship will evolve and gain a pair of swords that do extreme damage, but if you stay near the very bottom of the screen you'll gain a shield that you can activate to defend you from taking damage in the front.

< Shmup / Puzzle
Your ship only has one attack: Self-destruct. The goal is to create chain reactions of explosions in order to destroy enemies and achieve higher scores, which will provide you with additional lives.

< Shmup
Ram into enemy ships to destroy their weapons, and then use the broken pieces of their ship as ammunition. Also comes with a second ship that plays more like a standard shmup ship.

< Shmup
An endless boss fight. After each phase, the game considers how you used certain tactics to beat the boss and evolves itself in an attempt to counter your strategies. You can change the spread and direction of your shots by moving around, which allows you to fight from any corner of the screen.

< Emulator (Arcade)
A treasure trove of titles like DoDonPachi, ESP Ra De, Progear, and Guwange. Anything by Cave is a guaranteed fun time.

Bump

The Dark Mod
thedarkmod.com/main/

bump

openra.net/

(((modernized gameplay)))

Oh come on now, that's too far. It's not become RA3 or Thi4f even if they did utterly fuck the balance.

Is there any open source/free game tactical/strategy game where instead of commanding single unit you command entire squad? Something like Dawn of War 1 or Company of Heroes. Bonus points if you can customize squad or gather individual units into functioning squad/platoon.

here's an infographic of dubious quality

alternativeto.net/software/warhammer-40000-dawn-of-war-series--rts-/?license=opensource

sorry, because I haven't played either specifically, but here's a list you could look at of open source strategy games that might have what you're looking for.

MUH ENGIE RUSH

user, he said games and not pieces of shit. He plays xonotic every time he goes to take a shit.

t. TF2C dev

:^)

your game is so shit that all of the threads were dead during gamenight and nobody wanted to play your game

Sheeeeit never thought anyone else would remember it. I spent so much time making weird custom cars as a kid.

Don't forget making custom tracks with holes and jumps, instantly going from max height to max depth.

I swear I'm going insane, but I remember a version of Warning Forever centered around spiders and looking a little better. I just can't find it fucking anywhere.

(v:^)

Any good free weeby games beside maybe Elona?

bumpo

cataclysm dda

All of these Amiga games are Freeware
lemonamiga.com/games/list.php?list_license=Public Domain/Freeware

Cave Story was mentioned earlier

Battle for wesnoth scratches that tactics ogre itch I didn't know I had.

Isn't Frogatto not free anymore?

If you like shit tier scoring systems and autistic final boss requirements.

this looks bloody great, ty user

Warsow
warsow.net/download
It's better than Xonotic, please play this instead.

if you are into hardcore platformers
delicious-fruit.com/ holds thousands of both great as well as meme-y fangames loosely based on IWBTG, many which are truly great platforming experiences.

You have to pay for the assets/binary but the source code is still free.

And before anyone asks, you are allowed to charge money for free software/open source software.

There's no reason some faggot company whose workers do nothing but sit behind a computer all day should get 60 dollaridos, and no reason why some faggot who does the same work as all those programmers deserves 20 dubloons. Nobody needs their product, and it's not physical.

Played a bit and it's nice enough. Shame it doesn't seem to have any mods an everyone is ~le diverse with an arab surname.

Their names might depend on the faction you choose, also I think the lead developer is French.

By "the faction you choose" do you mean what place you put your first base? I always put it in yurop.
I don't think it changes anything related to recruits tbh.

bump

Where can I find Every Extend and Warning Forever?

Nevermind.

archive.org/details/extend_201511

archive.org/details/WarningForever

Don't you just have to compile it to get the binary?

Stop shilling your video, man.

Anyone know some free gems for a toaster laptop

Let's not forget about ADOM:
adom.de/home/index.html

Desktop Dungeon has a free version:
desktopdungeons.net/media/

You're all scum: Outsiders. KILL ALL WHITE PEOPLE, KILL ALL BLACK PEOPLE, KILL ALL ASIAN PEOPLE, KILL ALL KHAZAR FALSE JEW SCUM, ALL ARABS, ALL ARYANS, KILL ALL HUMAN OUTSIDER ANIMALS.

I wish this game wasnt abandoned

>Still pop my extradimensional bubble for some reason

zero-k.info
If you like TA it's worth checking out.

I'll contribute a bit:

NXEngine
nxengine.sourceforge.net/

GemRB
gemrb.org/wiki/doku.php?id=start

Can't believe you guys forgot OpenMW
openmw.org/en/

Spring Engine
springrts.com/

Wow… why have i never seen this thank you user

revolutionarygamesstudio.com/

Just heard about it, it's a FOSS clone of spore based on what Will Wright wanted to do before the Cute and Christfag teams shat up the project

Story checks out.

Hey Seth

Are you the fag from game night that constantly shit talked the game for no good reason? Did a Xonotic developer kill your family?

Why does a Gamemaker game need SSL libraries to run? I'm going to get the Windows version and run that in Wine.

You certainly can compile it yourself for a binary. You still need the assets to play the game, unless you make your own assets.

I believe everybody knows about it.
openxcom.org/

loads of mods too

it's 14,99 pounds + tax

The real problem with UFOAI is that development has slowed down significantly, which is particularly bad since right before that happened, they implemented a totally boneheaded rebalancing of encumbrance and the action economy that rendered heavy weapons totally worthless for overwatch.

As a result, the game has been basically unplayable, and the fact it isn't gaining assets (equipment, maps, enemies, etc.) at the same pace it used to means it will probably never attract enough attention for somebody to unfuck it.

A real shame, since the game's Quake II-based engine gave it a physics-based system for resolving weapons fire against locational damage and cover that I think is unique among turn-based games.

>paying for cheatjourno mode
Maybe once he starts adding significantly more new stuff and/or JADE/Ultimate actually gets off the ground

Hory shit, planeshift is still being developed? That's impressive

Jesus christ, yeah man. This shit is still being developed. I remember finding this and narrowly escaping absolute fur faggotry when my dumbass teen self realized the man cat wasn't asking me to join his party, he was asking me to be his rock-man dildo for life.

I remember back in the day when it didn't have a tutorial, the site was much worse and you had to type everything.
I see you also picked the master race.

I was "playing" I am ashamed to say, when there was nothing to do but pick up crystals that would randomly spawn. When the game was "playable" you got money based on how many you collected.

The playerbase was made up of mostly biter Everquest refugees who were probably kicked out due to degeneracy.

There was no reason not to pick Kran.

Freespace 2 Open has a few standalone total conversion mods available for free.

Wing Commander Saga is, obviously, set in the Wing Commander universe. It has a full-length campaign and is basically a complete Wing Commander game.

Diaspora is based on the new Battlestar Galactica series.

Wings of Dawn is an anime-style game set in its own universe. It was nice to play a more lighthearted, fun space adventure in FS2 instead of the usual grimdark desperation you find in most Freespace campaigns. It even has a lot of visual novel scenes, which is one of the things that shows how far the FS2 engine has come since the source code was released several years ago.

Also, Freespace 1 is basically free if you get Freespace 2 Open, because there's a mod that ports the entire game into the new engine.

That's pretty neat, I guess Monolith doesn't care?
Never got around to playing NOLF2. Just watch, I bet you Nightdive or Beamdog swoop on this shit in time.

>>>/reddit/

Post a real C&C mod.
moddb.com/mods/the-dawn-of-the-tiberium-age

How long are people going to parrot this engineer thing? OpenRA isn't a mod, it's an engine implementation.

Here's what your hard-earned money buys you, faggot: >>>14361546

In other words, a mod.
It uses the original DOS engine, with the autistic mechanics from Starcraft. That's pretty much the definition of a mod, especially since they've changed the values of units.

And ignoring that, OpenRA fucking sucks. It's Reddit tier garbage that nerfs anything fun, panders to casuals, and runs like shit. I can't run it at all on my dual monitor setup as it fucks the display. Dawn of the Tiberium Age actually is fun, allows for the four factions of the two games to fight each other, adds new units, and feels like Command & Conquer instead of OpenRa, which feels more like Starcraft 2.

"mod" implies it runs on the original engine. The only "reddit tier" is your hiveminding.

It doesn't require the original games, and the things you mention are qualities of engine implementations. Do you consider GZDoom a "Doom mod" and OpenTTD a "TTD mod"? I suppose OpenMW is a Morrowind mod? At least get your terminology straight if you're going to be mindlessly slandering things you haven't even experienced for yourself.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_&_Conquer:_Red_Alert#Open_source_remake