NIHON FALCOM THREAD: Goddesses Edition

DON'T FORGET TO SUPPORT THE GAMES (or not if it's a NISA/Aksys release) AND SPOILER THE SPOILERS

- Trails of Cold Steel 2 PC to release on February 14th. Happy Valentine's Day
- NISA have pushed the PC version of Ys VIII back once again to an undefined date. They have opted to give the game to another developer to finish porting it.
- Ys VIII to be ported to Switch
- Zwei: The Arges Adventure has been released on PC through Steam and GOG by XSEED.
- Tokyo Xanadu eX+ has been released for PS4 and PC. No changes were made to the localization.
- Ys VIII released on PS4 and Vita. NISA fucked up the translation. Examples: imgur.com/a/58G3W Translation fixes are slated for a Jan. 30th release.
- XSEED have ported Ys SEVEN to PC. It is available now on Steam and GOG.
- Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection has been released on Steam and GOG.

- Cold Steel 3 released in Japan. Remember to spoiler the spoilers.
- Cold Steel 4: The End of Saga to release in the fall of 2018 in Japan.
- The full Trails in the Sky trilogy is finally in English. They are available on Steam and GOG and were recently updated to include Turbo Mode.
- Trails of Cold Steel I is now on PC through Steam and GOG with gameplay enhancements and newly voiced lines of dialogue.
- Tokyo Xanadu released on Vita. Aksys fucked up the localization. Examples: imgur.com/a/RgUTF

- Trails from Zero progress report on Valentine's Day
- Ao no Kiseki Fan TL is 100% complete but it is not edited, however, it should be out by Valentine's Day.
- Brandish 2 Renewal has been completed
- Ys VIII fan retranslation project has been cancelled until the official fix is released. The team wants to see if NISA can fix the problems. If not, the retranslation will continue.
- The Legend of Xanadu I & II Dub Project is finished. English tl patches coming in the next months tg-16.com/The_Legend_of_Xanadu_Dub_Project.htm
- Also in the works: Dinosaur Resurrection and Vantage Master Japan

- Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection
mega.nz/#!Bw5SURQK!fsrMwjX72trMpoXK3Vx6kKn7cgcj1h5sf5E1OSqgA0s
- Trails of Cold Steel: JP voices
mega.nz/#!WkUyhDbb!B8dXNO2aBwNHibQ7tjTCyQLrX-bbBUV2jkZVUYxJ0Q4
Dummy files (Required to write over the newly recorded English dialogue)
mega.nz/#!AoVmhDoL!h7fYCD14LQD14Ema9zWVvqHZegYJX2PF9EYWbn3x-DM
Magnet: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6A260B5B9AA460EB5A71AA88A5B314583DF419D4
Merge the JP voices and Dummy files into one folder and dump that folder into the voice folder.

pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/aAEUI
mega.nz/#!ywdFnKSD!c9E15HA0bRqU-5kro8gmqcQeRBg8Priqjv3d7dX0W5U
mega.nz/#!x11giKyL!ucCRM3OkmGQGbpRdVGdYeg-svzJ7cgUEuFzT2TaQyD8
twitter.com/supremezerker/status/966922033354260480
geofront.esterior.net/2018/02/23/trails-zero-60/
legendofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Ravennue_Monster
gaming.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_longest_video_game_scripts
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Imagine being this incompetent. Also, Falcom, so far, haven’t said anything about pushing CS4’s Japanese release back to winter.

Lacrimosa better be worth all this cock teasing.

Don't buy it.

I wouldn't buy it if NISA pays me

Good man.

Wait a fucking second…
DOES THIS MEAN NISA GOT CS3 PLEASE GOD NO

Disregard, I suck cocks and was just confused why they would include news like this at a NISA event if they weren't planning on doing something with it, makes no fucking sense

So why DID they even include this in their press release? There's no way… right? Just fishing for attention?

its time to learn moonrunes

I went and looked at it, it was just general info about what Falcom is.

What a pussyslayer.

Please add Xseed to this list, as they want Japanese devs to conform to burger SJW culture from the outset.

They make and still make good translations and that hasn't changed yet.
Until that does I'm against doing this

Wait what? What the crap did Xseed do now?

Tom said some stupid shit in the GOG forums after an interview, check last thread's archive to see what happened and the discussions on it

His wife (Rean's mom) was quite cute, yes.

Basically just put "buy the original Japanese games", since all localizers are shit.

In short: Tom said that he doesn't want to censor games with "problematic" content, but would rather tell the nips to not include the "problematic" content in the first place.

I've never even used the archives, i'll just take your word for it.

Yeah and i'd rather him just fuck off then. This really is a more insidious form of censorship. Like they were tired of getting caught red handed so now they go censor the source, and as the recent Star Ocean game has shown us they can get away with it.

Something something nature of jews to subvert

also
Nobody uses that fucking thing, everyone should've learned after 8archive continuing to fail that its pointless to even think of relying on it
archive.fo/aAEUI

As was stated in the last thread, Tom and XSeed have no power to make the Japs change. They have zero influence over Japanese developers. So it doesn't matter how much of a Soyboy Tom is. He can either grit his teeth and do his job or lose his audience. So far he's chosen the former. If that changes we'll let you know, otherwise this is nothing new. It was always known Tom and everyone else at XSeed was a leftist cuck. They just actual standards about their boundaries when translating, unlike literally every other company. This was just Tom ineffectually bitching because he doesn't like lewd but he doesn't want to compromise his work ethic. If he actually had any say at all he wouldn't be bitching on forums, would he?

I know nothing about this series but I want to find out if I can play with the lovely ladies in the pictures.
Then getting into this might be worth it.

I still disagree with the idea that they have no power, the Akiba's beat email establishes too much of a precedent against that, but its something to keep in mind

Localizers do in fact have power (Star Ocean 5 was pre censored for instance in both regions) it's not much now but remember these people work slowly through incrementalism.

I'll give that Xseed hasn't shown any real signs of that hurting their performance yet (though i'm guessing its why they aren't bringing over that lewd senran groping game) but where there's smoke there's fire.

True, how many times we have heard these censorship apologists saying: "It's not censorship if it happens DURING development! that's just an artistic choice you bigots!"
Can't wait for DOTR

Until they fuck up a Falcom game, I’m not adding their name. When that happens, I’ll just put a “support the original Jap release”.

Easier for your tiny mind to understand now?

You mean the stupid KKK thing? That's a single little sign and it didn't have anything to do with lewd. Not to mention the fact that we know it happened immediately counters what you were saying. If it was truly what you were afraid of, we'd never know it happened in the first place. XSeed doesn't do simultaneous releases. They pretty much never know they're working on a game until it's already out in Japan. The chances of them being able to make changes at the development level are, for all intents and purposes, zero. The Akiba's thing was a retarded overreacting to something so small no one would have cared (literally because fucking no one wanted Akiba's Beat and it was a terrible idea both originally and to bring over), but it's still not the kind of change that would lead me to say XSeed has truly gone off the deep end. Trust me, if Tom and the rest go full cuck, we'll know it.

The only reason we did was because Tom told us because he felt an obligation to. The game's quality also has nothing to with the censorship either.
Its an example of them asking about something they considered worth changing purely based off opinions and the Japanese company responded by doing so for them. That's what's important here.
The development process is a good point though, but you're forgetting what others on Xseed already do like Brittany pushing for pro-homo shit in the video games every time she goes to Japan. While I wouldn't call that censorship, I would call it interfering and activism on the part of the localizers to change the games to fit them and their needs and I don't like that at all.

They're not going to listen to that. The sign thing was a rare example where there was actually something tangible they could point to as a problem (even if it was stupid). The KKK is something you can easily show to a Japanese person and see why someone might cause some problems. "Lack of representation" is too abstract for them to give a shit about. And sales directly go against the "lewd is bad" argument.

(checked)
I guess you could call it a rare enough exception, but the fact is its still a precedent and I don't like that.
Don't forget though that some japanese companies really want to appeal to americans and some have or had westaboo japs in charge, and if activist localizers like these ever met up, things could be disastrous. As it is though, that's a bit too vague for me to quantify.
I'll concede that point to you, but I still think its something worth keeping in mind.

It's almost as if the previous thread never happened, where were you guys.

Oh I have no intention of letting my guard down around XSeed. I just think the historical precedent set so far trends towards games not being cucked. Of course, all of this is Moor anyway if XSeed doesn't get CS3&4. Not that I can think of any eventuality where that would lead to something better. I guess if Falcom established a US team, but there's no sign of that happening.

I think he's just saying that Japanese devs are starting to be pressured to make everything fan servicey, kind of like the anime industry at the moment. I'm all for fan service in games, but now it has become the focus over gameplay in some cases. You also have it killing the tone of some more serious games.

I think he's vastly overestimating how many feel they have to and how many just do it because the want to. Most nip artists just like lewd things. There was no reason to put pantsu on the Sky models. It wasn't to boost sales. They did it because they like pantsu.

right, I'm also just giving Tom the benefit of the doubt. I hope we aren't losing him.

We never really had him. Tom's one saving grace was his work ethic and scrooples. He still has that for now, so I don't really see how anything has changed.

That's great and all but they're supposed to be making a game, not a gallery of panties. At the forefront of good game design is knowing what belongs and what doesn't. It's fine if you're making an over-the-top or light-hearted silly game but it can stay the fuck out of serious stories. You can say the same about gameplay mechanics: It isn't automatically better because you added something that people like. That's exactly why AAA is in the bad state it's in!

I don't see anything wrong with that statement, not even from a "road to hell paved with good intentions" standpoint.

I have never run into a single instance in a game where lewd "took me out" of the experience. On the contrary, it's always a nice surprise.

If anything, a black void under the dress take me away from the experience.
Take Nier Automata for example, prime ass all the time but it didn't make it any "less serious".

I don't get you. Because to me it's cheapening to have random fanservice mixed with serious moments, or just thrown in for the hell of it.

That's irrelevant if you're not showing upskirts in the first place (generally you wouldn't have to except to show what's up there because yay panties). I agree that voids are infinitely worse though.
I've never played it but I somehow doubt that game is 100% serious. NIER wasn't, and Drakengard 3 was a goddamn mess tone-wise (and everything-wise).

Attention to detail is an important part of making a game silly.

The player will maneuver the camera in such a way as to see panties if they so desire, and no camera with any amount of restriction will stop them from checking underneath those skirts.

Let this remove any doubt.

Are you trying to get my dick wet user?

Yes, we hate her, but she does have actual contacts, so there's a (high) chance this is actually legit.

You guys ready for the despair?

I won't believe it till I see it

Discarded, even if it wasn't GOTY material for me, i never thought "they focused the booty instead of doing X"

Also
what a surprise, fuck off

shit i meant "they focused ON MAKING the booty instead of doing X"

you cant let your characters running around without underwear, user.

i dont remember happening that to me, i guess the nips know how to do it in vidya or maybe i dont play that many shitty games.

She deleted the tweet in no time.

Archive it next time

I don't think people are upset with the highlighted statement but with his statements here.
The statement nobody likes is the "dialogue" he wants to start where Nips will self censor.
Because apparently that isn't "really" censorship because they did it themselves.

What do you consider "random" fanservice?
Do you not like when camera angles come in from below and show off legs/panties?
Would it have been better for you if the characters just had fleshtones where their underwear would be?
I've got to say the way you appear to be leaning leads me to believe you are a shill for Western sensibilities or a shill for XSEED.

There was no time, user, it was there for like 10 seconds.

I honestly think at this point these people would look at a country that publicly whips people for dissent as a country with free speech. "Since you can say whatever you want you just have to deal with the consequences."

Go be an attention whore on reddit, Aliseyun

Seyun on twitter isn't actually Seyun but a shitposter who goes by "bump master" on the disagreement fyi. He's just a shit stirrer.

Oh I guess dis.cord is filtered here.

Here's the thing though.
is the most retarded talking point ever.
When only one side is receiving the "consequences" of exercising "free" speech it is very obviously not
so much as it is failing an ideological purity test and being punished.
The fact that they're trying to import the same bullshit worldwide should be frowned upon but this thread seems full of people pretending that XSEED is the second coming of Christ while giving lip service about "watching them closely" even after they've fucked up multiple times.
and without filling an entire page with Constitutional definitions on an unrelated board, the people claiming the First Amendment only covers the government are entirely wrong.
The Bill of Rights does not grant people Freedom of Speech and Expression. It is considered a natural right.
The Bill of Rights guaranteed those rights from being infringed upon by the government it created.
Instead people have twisted the Constitution and Bill of Rights to be a permissive document instead of what is supposed to be a restrictive blueprint outlining what the government can actually regulate.

Maybe NiSA gave falcom such a bad time they just gave up and aren't localizing shit anymore. Just throwing out machine translated Asian-English releases in the future.

calm down faggot, that's one word that's almost guaranteed to end in a shitstorm, I don't think he's a shill, he's likely just a faggot because that's not an uncommon, if retarded opinion to have

Consider suicide

No proof?
Then get out with this bullshit.

Nigger the last few months of these threads may as well have been called

You sound like a faggot, now post caps or link to posts that actually prove your point, or again fuck off, an entire thread archive isn't proof and I'm not gonna find it for you, lazy faggot

"Here" is just a general term for "the place we are posting now." Christ, it doesn't mean I'm from halfchan or something.

Nice try.

I don't know what you're talking about but every thread since Tom's comments have been a discussion of them. Pointing out how stupid they are and how worried it makes everyone. Not because we lost a great pinnacle of localization. But because we may have lost the one localization company that deals with tiny japanese releases that does the bare minimum to put out something playable most of the time. The only reason why people like XSEED here is because of Tom's stance on censorship. NiSA is hated so much because they constantly bungle shit on a localization level and a technical level. They really don't mind censoring and will straight up lie to their customers about it being necessary. NiSA can occasionally do a decent job with shit but they are liars and secretive and that is why we all hate them.

I got that (and the other cs3 still) second hand actually from someone else, so they probably got it from there. I haven't been back since 2014 and have no plans to expose myself to that cancer.

Don't get defensive about stupid shit then

Basically this
The reality is that there are differing opinions here
Some have never liked or supported XSeed (for obvious and understandable reasons), some don't because of Tom's recent comments, some still do but are more wary now, others just feel you should learn japanese and anons should do their own translations
The fact is that this faggot is just butthurt that not everyone moves as a fucking hivemind

Jesus fucking Christ, you guys still going on about this?

So once CS2 drops, how long can we expect to have to wait for an undub? Do people already have the necessary nip files and can just swap them out instantly?

Its probably going to keep going like this until either XSEED or NISA announces CS3

CS2 is out in two days and there's supposed to be new CS4 info this week, so hopefully that'll change the conversation

The undub for CS1 was out within hours, so probably not long.

I wasn't around for the CS1 launch, or rather I didn't care about it at the time. Good to know.

The Western localisation for this series is fucked up. We're looking at 3 years between installments minimum.

That's 3 years of shit posting. GET OUT NOW WHILE YOU STILL CAN

Thanks games files are extremely easy to edit. It's literally just plug and play. The longest part will be figuring out how many dummy files to make, probably.

Every time something bad is said or implied about XSEED there is somebody there to explain why it isn't THAT bad or it's acceptable because the alternative would be worse. As if, somehow, it is impossible for somebody to not like either company.

Because people have been explaining away and rationalizing their earlier censorship and those recent comments as if they're ok because it hasn't leaked into their work "yet" even though there are examples of them removing or changing shit to make it "acceptable"
Nobody likes NISA but there is apparently some portion of people here that are ok with XSEED slowly going that way as long as they get their Falcom fix.

I understand there are differences of opinion but when there is a positive "It's ok lads, all is fine" to every strike against XSEED it starts to become suspicious.

I'll suck Xseed cock for bringing TitS to the West. But now they can fuck off and let someone else take over. Someone who has the resources to get this shit out of the door in a reasonable timeframe.

Let's take a look at these posts that "suck XSEED off like they're the second coming of christ"
Truly fits your description right?
Again this only disagrees with your opinion that everyone should just drop Xseed because you feel this way personally
Did you even fucking read these posts or did you just ctrl-F Xseed and cap everything?
lel
Your case grows weaker the longer I read this
I wonder if that was you user.
Goddamn what a joke, one of the only posts you can actually call that fits your narrative is that post in the middle

People have been saying don't burn xseed to the ground because of the comments pointing out Tom's reply, which is perfectly acceptable. I have yet to see anyone say they will still buy XSEED's stuff if they start censoring. Aside from the odd moron but there are people in these threads who bought YS8 in english so we are bound to have some morons. When XSEED censored that retarded sign in Akiba's beat everyone was rightfully mad at them and I saw nobody talking about that game after it came out.

Simultaneous releases seem to be pretty good for games. It cuts down on censorship and localizers being overly "creative" with the script they simply do not have the fucking time for it. MHW for example has mostly unchanged monster names from a series that nearly renamed fucking everything. Zelda BOTW and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 were also mostly unchanged from fucking Nintendo. BOTW had a side-quest were an adult Hylian starts dating a Zora-loli and fucking Treehouse kept that shit in the game.

Nice job entirely missing the point.

It was just a prank bro, she doesn't have contacts in the industry. She's also the one who took that screencap too.

Again, that's not even her. The real Seyun isn't exactly likeable, but that Twitter account is just a shitposter.

Kill it with fire.

Fuck off, you're a liar, its the 'whole fucking thing, disingenuous faggot
Tom let his transparency be known about Akiba's beat. It was one single, very small example from an unrelated game to these threads and we don't know if people bought that shit since it wasn't a Falcom game and these are the Falcom threads. There are people who haven't bought Xseed games who haven't bought Xseed games since that incident, there are people who aren't going to buy more xseed games since this one, you can sperg about how people here will continue to buy them, it won't change anything.
You want XSEED's reputation to be in the same gutter level as NISA without adequate examples to show for it. They're faggots, but this is like comparing the guy on Nichegamer's twitter using cuckchan memes to a kotaku journalist. You aren't going to convince people with this shit rhetoric and proof that runs exactly counter to your claims. If you have proof for your claim that people are worshipping Xseed like the coming of christ then post that instead of the outright fucking opposite. This is something I might call shill-worthy. For someone who claims not to give a fuck you sure give a vibe that belies quite the fucking opposite. Your proof is a joke, your ports are intentionally combative, disingenuous and intend to form a common opinion and you have nothing to add to any discussion, fuck off

No, that *is* her Twitter account. Bump Master is a different retard and doesn't even use Twitter.

Then I have no idea what the two of them were talking about. Anyway, Seyun is in no position to know that either. She's a contrarian who tries to rage bait in her own right, so I would take anything she says with a massive grain of salt.

There's no such a thing as a grain of salt, salt is mined.

what is this fresh retardation?

It's all a matter of context you dumbass. As I've already said, you cannot just throw in something that people like with zero consideration for whether it's appropriate to the game or that part of the game. Consider again every AAA "play it how you like to" which generally results in a messy experience that has them all functionally identical, or some modes being objectively inferior or flat out terrible. It's always watered down compared to a game that focuses on doing one thing right.

To list a few random examples, Ashley worked fine in RE4 because it's not a serious game and you can obviously look up her skirt easily so something should be up there. When it ties into the gameplay (Senrans, Akiba's Strip) then it's also great. When it's thrown into a character's death scene or in a game for kids, then what the hell are you doing?

Also even fanservice-heavy games benefit from restraint because it loses something when you're seeing it all the bloody time.

If you just want to have people circlejerk the same opinions then maybe Holla Forums would be to your liking. Also note I'm not speaking in defense of XSeed just because I agree with that wall of text that was posted.

I know her and I can vouch for her contacts. That's why I'm worried.

Why?
If you actually do, see if you can weedle out something that actually proves what she's saying from her. If NISA do get it, we can prepare in advance for the worst case scenario and have a shit ton of emails and whatnot ready to launch as soon as its announced.

Nips sent SO5 to the bargain bin less than a month after release, it flopped hard. They didn't get away with anything.

Not a bad point. Don't worry, though, I'm making preparations just in case.

Nah, she really doesn't and again, that tweet was just a prank to trigger people who like XSEED.

Stop lying on the internet, Aliseyun.

SOON
but not soon enough

Falcom is promoting Tokyo Xanadu on PC

twitter.com/nihonfalcom/status/963421834040365057

Wouldn't it be funny if people replies to that tweet asking for Ys 8 on PC? Just saying, not like I want you guys to do that, of course not, it wouldn't be good for poor little NISA. If you don't get it, it's sarcasm.

Isn't Tokyo Xanadu a hot mess when it comes to the (((localization)))?
You can't hide gilda-fag.

It's mostly fine, but a bunch of lines are just Chlthu and meme references.

What is a Gilda? I don't know what you mean, hahahahaha.

The localization for TX takes a nosedive after the first two chapters. They gave up by that point. Anyway, I have a feeling the new company doing the port for Ys 8 is going to be Ghostlight, just like how Aksys were so incompetent they had to get them. That means a subpar port.

Ghostlight did say that their new game is a dungeon crawler, though. That doesn't feel like Ys 8 to me.

Why is CS2 marked as "coming soon" on both gog and the "humble" store with less than a day until release? Are they pulling some bullshit where they delay it on the DRM free stores?

NEVER NOT MAD

NEVER NOT ANGRY

DIE IN A FIRE

THIS GAME NEEDS TO DIE IN A FIRE

ALL I WANTED WAS A [persona ripoff] BY FALCOM

WHY, FALCOM?! WHY DID YOU LET THIS HAPPEN? WHY DO JAPS NOT CARE ABOUT WEST?@!

at least they spawned one of my favorite localization memes that I never saved, damn it

The team that had been working on the fan retranslation of Ys 8 have cancelled it saying that they feel as though NISA fixed it. Total rubbish if you ask me.

it doesn't take much to pay off fan translators

Once the ox version comes out (lol) it'll probably happen fast.

*pc

Anyone else here who would love to truly fix NISA's tl?

Kill yourself Xseed cuck

Post a sauce faggot

Not in Japanese, though.

Stay butthurt, faggot.

So are these just randomly inserted memes are or are they just stupid translations of the actual lines trying to sound hip?

Inserted memes.

Cold Steel II is out with more DLCs for you to buy.

So ive never played these games before, was thinking of trying out the first cold steel, how is the localization?

It's been out for like an hour where's the Jap dub patch? :^)

Pretty shit. XSeed inserts memes everwhere and changes character names PS3 Clotilde, unlike noble NISa.

Start with Trails in the Sky instead. Why would start in the middle of the series?

I wonder if the DLC trick from Cold Steel 1 will work on 2. i.e. setting up some dummy images and labeling them as DLC1, 2, 3 and putting them into the folder so the game reads it as the DLC.

I really enjoyed the remake of Brandish. Are there any plans to remake the rest of the games?

And XSEED are giving away a code for the Estelle and Joshua outfits if you own any of the Sky games.

It may happen at some point, but I think Falcom are focusing on Ys and Trails for now.

All of them look totally useless, whew.

Oh hey I found the Jap dub files. mega.nz/#!ywdFnKSD!c9E15HA0bRqU-5kro8gmqcQeRBg8Priqjv3d7dX0W5U
mega.nz/#!x11giKyL!ucCRM3OkmGQGbpRdVGdYeg-svzJ7cgUEuFzT2TaQyD8

You still gotta make dummy files user.

second link should be dummy files

Noice

You don't really need dummy files. The engine just ignores missing assets, so you can just delete all voice files and then copy the Japanese files.

Doesn't seem to work this time.

I'd imagine that was fixed after they figured out what happened.

Actually putting DLC3 gives some casual clothing, but they look like the same casual clothes as CS1. Any other DLC# duplicates the free DLCs already included.

The cosmetic DLC from CS1 carries over to CS2. Maybe the bug is still present, but only for the CS1 DLC.

They used an image of Tio for the taskbar image when the game is running. This is a different level of teasing.

Because they know Tio is pure sex.

But she is not even in the game. What tomfoolery.

According to Hatsuu that was a placeholder that wasn't replaced because no one but her at xseed knows that Tio isn't in Cold Steel 2 and will be patched soon.

High up there in top sellers for now.

I want to pat her head

So, Izvestia been thinking about how education works in the Kiseki world. Here's how I understand it:

So if I have this right, the Septian Church controls the base of education for people. I think this extends even to the Nords, but I could be remembering a quest incorrectly.

Think of it as a pre colonial Europe, but set in the begining of the XX century, with magic.

Yep. Wandering priests teach in Nord.

Can you or anyone post this?

getting on top sellers is somewhat easy, the real problem is staying there for a week.

holy hell i just notice that Xseed did not put CS1 on sale while releasing CS2, just how dumb can they be?

It’s on sale on GOG, at least.

4chan

I just got the game and I was hoping someone had this. Thanks user.

DOES ANYONE HAVE THAT DOWNLOAD LINK TO THE PRE-PATCHED DOWNLOAD TO THE BRANDISH 2 RENEWAL FAN TRANSLATION?
FUCK

Fug, I thought ToCS2 was gonna allow different resolutions, but I'm still stuck at 16:9 aspect ratio.

It´s now on sale on steam.

Wasn´t some characters named Esty Dee in a NISA game? Face the facts NISA are incompetent at anything they do.

It´s great in my opinion, it is one of those cases where the eng dub is really good and fits the characters. some people prefer the Jap dub but it´s more of a matter of preference.

If this series wants to end in two or three arcs, it needs to PICK UP THE PACE. We've only taken care of four of the 25/26 Ouroboros members, and they replaced one, and most of that was just in the first arc! Five games where we only found one other Sept-Terrion. What!?

They’re called a shadow organization for a reason, user. :^)

We're at 4/7 as of now.

So I heard that Laura is a breddy good waifu for Rean, but I went with Fie at the end of CS1. Should I dump her for Laura? I'm feeling kind of obligated to stick with her after that reunion scene in CS2, plus I like DFC, so I'm unsure what to do.

Laura has the cutest final bond scene bar none. Also unlike Fie, who sadly only gets implications, it's an actual romance scene. Fie is still patrician taste, but I feel like you will be satisfied more with Laura.

Of course, none of it really matters in the end because CS3 makes the final bonds non-canon. Not even worst girl Alisa's is canon.

No, Fie best girl.

She most certainly is, as least as far as I'm concerned.

I guess what I wanted to know is if I'll make poor Fie cry if I NTR her for Laura.

I’m fine with them not making any of them canon from CS2 to 3 because I see it as the start of a new arc for Rean. The first being his school days of 1 and 2 and the new arc being 3 and 4 because he’s grown older.

What about Sara's

I lied to myself I'd play the game a second/third/fourth time to solve this problem, and went with Laura. I'll respect your choice, whatever it is.

Nah, there's no guilt tripping in this game. No one else reacts to your choices at all.

Sara's is more hot than cute. Her English VA kills it on the delivery. Her second epilogue scene where she reveals she's a huge Christmas Cake virgin is pretty cute, though. Laura's is just pure teeth-rotting sweetness though. She's adorable when flustered.

so is the translation of zero no kiseki available?

the only wrong answer is alisa

There are two, but wait a few more months and there will be a high quality fan one by spergs.

a "few" months or a few months?

Given Zerker is the only productive member of the team, I wouldn't expect it until Summer since he's a student.

Probably another four years.

great…
which means it probably won't get don't until after his summer break ends

These games sound like absolute fucking nightmares. Do we have Japanese character script counts for other JRPGs to compare these to?

Trails games have several million characters apiece. They are pretty much the wordiest games out there. Crossbell is particularly bad because the games are set in a central location where you can visit the whole world map most of the game and hundreds of NPCs have typical Trails dialogue, which is to say it updates every few plot points or so. The Crossbell city NPCs update more frequently than the ones in the outlying areas, but that's still a ton of NPCs and the other ones will still have several states in a chapter.

w-what?

most of the games are between 1 and 2 million.

Color me surprised.

Oh wait. I was looking at SC twice. Zero is bigger than FC. I figured at least.

I wish they'd bother with some hair physics to avoid the clipping.

Goddamn. How many are generic or templated? And how many are actually important, this seems fucking overwhelming for me, I like exploring a world but fuck, after a certain point you just have to wonder why bother past the first 2-3000 before you start feeling the skyrim effect

None are generic, user. All NPCs have something going on Chapter to Chapter.

I'm presuming that you are unfamiliar with the games, npc's will have updated dialogue after most plot events, those involved in quests will have before,duringmultiple if a long quests depending on progression occasionally and after. Add to this that a number of npcs will move around and some will have different stuff to say depending on who is in your party, there is also the variable party dialogue depending on variable party members.

The constant updating and response to events/people prevents it from becoming generic/templated, sure you'll occasionally stumble across 1 or 2 that don't have much to say but that in itself is realistic and as aforementioned rare.

Also as touches on, the fact that a lot of npc dialogue is unrelated to the main plot, e.g. their plans,ideas,thoughts etc helps avoid genericness.

Just keep playing user. Also, this is how Falcom rolls. Their other games don't have so much text, but still, the NPCs have their own personality and little stories.

the attention to the detail is just insane, and that's why we love the shit out of Falcom even if their games aren't perfect. We adore that aspect of theirs.

I find that actually talking to everyone at all times is very, very, very time consuming. I still do it.

I assume that the image in question also counts all the books and stuff like that.
I'm almost 70 hours in on SC, and I don't feel like any kind of dialogue is unnecessary.

Ao no kiseki is still a beast

I forgot to mention that I am not sure how accurate it is but supposedly SC's English word count is 716,401 for comparison War and Peace is around 587,287

Is it necessary to play Zero and Azure before playing Cold Steel?
According to the op image they are "two sides of the same coin" and to me that means main plots aren't connected, but only a little bit connected with references and such.

The lazybug is telling me that emulating and applying fan patches that may or may not be complete shit is too much of a hassle, and I should wait for a PC release.

CS1 and 2 are fine without Zero and Ao. The end of CS2 has a part that works better if you played Crossbell, but otherwise it's not a big deal. It's highly recommend to play them before CS3, though.

as I have heard it they kind of spoil each other so it is not too big of a deal to play one before the other. I have not played them but I do wonder if the actual play order should be something like zero, CSI, Azure, CSII

The heck? These games should be considered treasures at this point.

It hurts.

Sounds like we'll have to reapply the Jap voicover?

I wonder if XSeed is working on CS3 or if they're waiting on CS4 to release before even starting.

Hopefully they even got it. Granted, with them porting two (or is it four because of the Zweis?) games successfully in the time it's taken NiSA to even try to port one it seems likely.

I just got done with SC, what a ride.
Now off to 3rd.

DO NOT SEXUALIZE UNTIL MARRIAGE

I wish that were a male

Al she needs is some faint abs and she'd be close to as god tier as Aurelia is

So more like Shirley?

She's not Fie with abs, so no.

stop, I can only get so erect

Get ready for Kevin’s wild ride, user. It’s even more crazy than Estelle’s and Joshua’s.

Characters as in letters used in the script, user. Not NPCs in the game world

I only in the prologue but after seeing him acting like a worse Olivier in SC, and going pretty much full inquisition in the opening mission, he definitely grew on me.

Him at the ending of SC and then leading in to Third makes him a very interesting character

The only Western games that come CLOSE to script size are the old Bioware/Black isle games. Planescape especially.

Jesus, was looking at the longest scripts in video games and the Trails series tops some pretty long VN´s. Also saw pic related.

Zwei 2 when it was still an Ys game.

Can someone tell me how many hours it would take on average for a thorough first blind play through to beat the trails in the sky games? Wanna know how much of a commitment I can expect of my time

probably around 40 - 50 hours depending on if you do all the extras or not.

That's it? Shorter than I expected but I'm sort of okay with that.

He means per game.

FC: 25-40 hours
SC: 50-75 hours
TC 40-55 hours

Total 150-200 hours.

I know, and its still shorter than what I expected with the script being so huge and all

The scripts are long because of the insane amount of NPC dialogue. If you go around talking to everyone as often as possible your time will shoot up.

well that's sort of what I meant by being thorough. Not necessarily autistically so but however much you'd expect a new, fascinated but blind player to do it is what I was implying I guess

Well my estimate was just main story and side content that provides a tangible reward. Adding in time for optional npc dialogue is tricky because that's going to vary wildly from person to person.

god I hope she doesn't turn out to be a cunt

Pic related is pretty outdated. We know for sure that the 3rd is half of that and Zero isn't 4 fucking millions, what did they smoke?

Kloe is a good girl. I doubt they’d 180 on her personality at all.

I… what

Kloe the best.

I hope there's more Erika.

So I'm about to start the first trails in the sky game, anything I should be aware of, like mods or patches or whatever that I should apply before i start?

If you have the steam version you should have everything you need. Not sure if GoG version has stuff like turbo mode.

Fie is literally the best JRPG waifu.

GoG versions have that stuff. If you want to support them, better to go for the lesser evil.

You could go through it blind but I'd recommend following a guide. You can collect a series of books to trade in for a top tier weapon towards the end and if you complete the various sidequests, some hidden and timed to events, you get BP which goes towards your ranks. Get A rank and you get some good gear for SC. After every and I mean every major and minor story event, the dialogue of every NPC in the region will change. I spent hours just walking from person to person seeing what they're new dialogue was. It can get tedious if you do such a thing however.
Don't get mad at the ending, unlike me who had to wait a few months you can continue straight to SC.
Just enjoy it really. Estelle is a pretty good heroine and you'll get to know alot of characters. Like alot. Lots of text as well.

There are also some quests that tie BP to certain responses during main and sub quests, meaning if you answer wrong, you miss out on the bonus and can't get A rank. Kind of a bitch.

already have the GoG version so I should be all good.

I feel like something like that ruins the experience, but I sort of see your point. For Fire Emblem 6 I went in blind but I found a spoiler-free guide on how to get the gaiden chapters for the true ending, I suppose something like that doesn't exist for Trails without spoiling, does it?

Hm.
Judging from this it might be better for me to just go in blind, I feel like knowing shit like this might really spoil the game for me, the "right" ways to respond to all the main and sub quest shit. I wanna do it on my own but fuck, that's a bit annoying.

In FC you have to try not to reach too rank. SC, however, is the exact opposite.

I should wait off on playing Colesteel 2 until I finish off the crossbell games, right?

You can play CS2 without Crossbell. There's one part at the end where it kind of matters, but even then not really. CS3, on the other hand, I would say requires Crossbell. That's when the three series narratives really start coming together. CS4 looks to be continuing that even more.

I figure why not because
>I've marathoned Sky 1-3 and CS 1 in around two months and the gameplays burned me out sky had no turbo button yet

are these the best settings fags?

I like playing on 1600 x 900 for a window, allows you to tab out pretty quick.

I don't think I'll have a need for that hopefully
I-is there not a way to play fullscreen? or do I just turn off borderless windowed mode and that automatically goes to fullscreen?
or are the settings in the ga-fuck it I'll just start playing

Options are rather limited. Run it at 1920 x 1080 and that should be full screen.

That's up to you. Though Ao does give away the ending of CS2 a bit, but honestly each series spoils the other to some degree.

why are the environments so much prettier than the character models? For a 2004 game it looks worse than the Diablo 1 character models

I figure CS1 gave away the whole terrorist attack on the crossbell skyscraper too.

Take that back motherfucker garden gnomes are the best.
It's because Falcom a shit at graphics.

If I would hazard a guess probably something to do with it being on psp and not looking as bad on a small screen.

Sky was a PC game first in 2004. It wasn't ported to the PSP until later. That said, monitors were shittier back then and not hd for the most part.

I think I have a headache…
I dunno if I'm ready for a game this slow-burning yet. It looks like something I'd enjoy but fuck I think I'm overwhelmed just from the basic systems

well, this is embarrassing

The Sky games can be downright unfair on Hard and Nightmare. Doable but you'l be pulling your hair out as you figure stuff out.

Just turn of borderless windowed mode.
By the way. The checkbox gets renamed to windowed mode, when you select a different resolution than you desktop resolution.

How slow-burning of an RPG is this, out of curiosity?
Feels like it'll take a while for things to pick up, I'm impressed by the cliches I've come to expect from JRPGs not showing up so far; if anything it feels almost like things are baiting me into expecting cliches and then showing the opposite

seems like pretty rough goings but I'm managing. Equipment makes a biiiig deal it seems.

figured that out a while ago

The first Sky game is very slow. It's more about cute boy and girl doing things to become bracers rather than a big overarching plot (which is present in the background and rarely shows its head in the forefront, a trend you'll see among all other first games of the entire Trails series).

It's a very, very slow and methodical introduction to the world, characters, conflicts, etc. It takes its time introducing each character and location, fleshing them out a bit, having you interact and do things while sometimes touching the overarching background plot.

Things don't start to get fast until pretty much the end of the game, and keeps that speed pretty much into the second game, which puts world and character building on the backburner (though they're still there and they have lots of moments for them), and focuses on the main threat.

Sky 3 is different, in that it focuses almost solely on characters; their pasts, current statuses and motivations, in order to link the Trails in the Sky series plotwise to Zero no Kiseki and Trails of Cold Steel.

The fact that the first game is called First chapter and the second game is called Second chapter, should tell you everything you need to know.
That said, it doesn't feel like they drag on or anything like that.

They're actually sprites made from character models.

I noticed Cold Steel 1 spoiling a lot of Ao while I was replaying it now that I've played Zero, actually. Cold Steel 1 was my first game so I barely knew what Crossbell was.

And then they overcompensated in Cold Steel and it's easy as shit on Hard and Nightmare. :^)

twitter.com/supremezerker/status/966922033354260480

You posted too soon, user. Here’s the 60% update. geofront.esterior.net/2018/02/23/trails-zero-60/

Well then let me whine about something else. :^)

What a faggot.

So does getting your party KO'd and doing a reset affect anything?
Does it lower the difficulty or change anything at all? I noticed that the HP of enemies drops by 20 after a retry, is that all that happens? Does the loot and XP get decreased or anything?

also how the fuck did I fail this? I don't remember even fighting the thing? Are there time limits, like you have to beat it before a certain event in the story, or something else?

Yes. The medium/short etc. stuff refers to how long you have to complete it. Basically, do all quests ASAP.

Yeah, there are time limits. See where it says Term (Medium) on the unfinished quest above?

Shit. How explicit are the time limits? It doesn't factor gameplay hours, only story and quest events right?
and turbo mode doesn't shorten the limits at all right?

Nah, it's based on advancing the story. I generally just did all available quests before doing any story stuff. Also, there are a few hidden quests that aren't listed on the board. You might want to look those up if you don't want to miss them.

Well I am appreciative that they want to get it as close to professional quality as they can. It is a fan-translation and does not really need to be gone through with a fine tooth comb. Are they hoping to sell the translation to x-seed?

Generally, just talking to everyone after every plot advancement should be enough to find all the quests.

Isn't there one where you have to go back to one of the towers when there's no reason?

*no reason to

Possibly. I have some vague recollection of finding that simply because I had a suspicion that it would be worth checking the old important area when you got the opportunity to. For some reason I failed to get S ranks in the first two chapters of CS2 though, despite not having any problems in CS1. I managed to get exactly the required 315 points needed for the highest rank when turning in the final free day quests. I almost made myself worthy of the lovely Towa, though of course only perfection is good enough for someone so kind and hardworking.

You have to run back toward Celdic after arriving at Twin Dragons Bridge in Chapter 1.

Damn, that's a stupid one. Going to just use a guide for replaying it to make sure that I find everything. I got all S after that and all chests/collectibles (aside from two enemy logs which may be from whatever quests I missed) so it won't make much of a difference. Not that keen on messing it up twice in a row with these hundred hour RPGs.

Not gonna lie, Joshua is coming across as a Gary Sue character so far.
and to top it all off he acts like an oblivious harem protagonist

Gee, I wonder why…
I'll become obvious later. Give it time.

That's a cute Estelle. Why did no of you tell me there's an artist that exclusively draws cute Esetelles?

Also
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
So much for being "long-term"
fucking christ, it feels like you have to do these stupid fuckign quests the second they appear on the board, no chance to advance the story at all or you fucking fail them. What the fuck, talk about fucking bullshit.

Estelle is intrinsically cute.

I figure these quests are made so that the second you enter the new city you go out there and explore the three/two roads that are open to you.

they shouldn't fucking say "long-term" on them though. Plus it feels like taking on hard monsters would be really fucking hard at such an early stage like when I first fucking arrive to a new area and the power levels are entirely different to begin with
fuck this annoying game when it comes to quests and bullshit like that, even more so because that seems to be the main way of earning mira outside of the roundabout way of selling your quartz or w/e

the wiki lists when quests expire legendofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Ravennue_Monster

I will just give you that every character is a lot more than they initially seem. I would even call it a theme of the series.

this is one of reasons a lot of people recommend a guide if you are not going to replay it on new game+. Best advice I can give you is to completely ignore the story missions and focus on the side ones when they become available.

I hate that I'd have to use a wiki for this game, and using a wiki always is a huge risk for spoilers

but the side ones feel and look like shit most of the time though

this helps user, thanks
I still hate that I have to do this though, feels like they really should've given more time, like for example when the story would take you to those areas to begin with that would make so much more sense ffs

also how many chapters are in this game?

You'll come to dig the monster side missions because they're pretty much the second best fights in the game compared to actual bosses.

I think you have like 5 or 6, although the final chapter is where you're really going to hate yourself because fuck the final dungeon.

I'll take your word for it I guess, though this game's combat systems don't really impress me enough (yet) to where it might warrant me doing that, though maybe that'll change
at any rate I guess I have to do them to survive and earn BP and whatnot

Olivier isn't a faggot. He just likes fucking with people

If you think Joshua is bad, wait until you see Rean.
>he has his own ultra super special gundam for reasons that are still unexplained two games into the "trilogy"
>game has by the second installment made it abundantly clear that he is just like the emperor that united the country hundreds of years ago

Trails of Cold Steel is like a parody of a battle shonen series, except played completely straight. Even the military battles that the plot focuses heavily on is just two groups of armored vehicles rolling up to each other, the named characters exchanging some dialogue where they praise each other's power level, and then just stand in place (maybe thirty meters away from each other) and blast away at each other with no real consequences. To add insult to injury, they stand on top of their tanks, yell orders in battle (to tank personell, from outside the tanks) that should have been the most basic shit they wouldn't even need to spell out to soldiers, and despite all this they're considered tactical geniuses. It's impossible to take it even a little seriously when the big, bad military geniuses have no tactics beyond "roll up to the enemy and start blasting, but don't do it before they are in position too" with an attempted flanking once in a blue moon. Rean is the generic shonen protagonist. His most memorable interaction with the bitchy designated love interest is when he was trying to help her and she landed tits first on his face, just like in a harem show.

Oh, and I forgot:
And big spoilers for CS2:
>actually the son of the elected leader of the country so essentially the president's son (with the president shaping up to be the big bad guy)

Truly a monster.

In the options you can tick a box that makes the game easier after every reset.
I think it only decreases enemy damage and boost yours.

The complaints of someone who hasn't played Crossbell or CS3, as Lloyd is 100x more generic and doesn't even have any negative traits like Rean does and CS3 justifies pretty much every one of Rean's issues regarding his abilities. He's not as good as Estelle or Kevin, but he's not nearly as bad as people bitch about.

Josh is a lucky SOB.

You mean like Cassius? Arios? Anelace?

The only problem I have with Rean is that he's a harem protagonist. Other than that by the end of CS2 Rean has moved from optimistic and naive to bitter and sarcastic

The entire point of Rean is that he doesn't want to be anything special, and any time he exhibits special traits the game kicks him in the teeth. He doesn't want to be a noble and live with nobles, so he calls himself a commoner, but his situation puts him in between the nobles and commoners of the class. He doesn't want to stand out so much that he ends up not joining a club, but becomes part of the council anyway. But that's not too bad for him because he helps other people, not only because he likes helping other people, but because it allows him to occupy his mind with problems that are not his own that he just avoids and refuses to attempt to fix.

The reason why he's so fixated on the school is that he never felt at home in Ymir, but he did at Thors. He found a place that he believed would be for him and among his friends and teachers he wouldn't feel like an "other".

While he has this power and this gundam, they don't build him up, they break him down. Every piece of power he accepts in order to survive or overcome opposition just makes it worse for him, putting him further and further away from people around him until at the end of CS2 he's surrounded by a group of new people he's not too fond of while doing things he doesn't like, while everyone else is preparing to move on with their lives.

Thors is ruined for him too because now that's just a base for Valimar. In fact, by CS3 he has to move around with Valimar on his coat tails so it's like he's chained to it

I haven't even played CS3 and I like Rean as a character. I love the shonen character who keeps getting broken down the further he goes. He overcomes immediate situations but at what cost to himself? By the end of CS2 Rean loses all opportunity to choose his own future because of his abilities and is railroaded into one he doesn't want.

Have you seen those "Smile and Optimism: Gone" pictures of Rean floating around? Those aren't for show, and judging by what I've heard of CS3 and the art for CS4, pic related, it's going to get worse before it gets better.

How the hell do you use keys in Brandish 2 Renewal?

figured it out. Now I just gotta figure out how these doors work

fucking christ is there anything more frustrating than wasting a shit-ton of Mira on accident?
Ugh

Well, that's the mystery of the airliner solved.
Story took a while but the game is slowly growing on me. Like a much slower version of PMD Explorers of Darkness (which is a very good thing). Even the music at times is remarkably similar.
Hopefully the game doesn't disappoint

Things slow down again a bit in the new area but get pretty interesting by the end of that act and it's a steady climb of tension from then.

I wish we had a better way to measure the scripts of these games. This list is kinda incomplete too.
gaming.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_longest_video_game_scripts

Currently playing FC on hard barely scraped by the Carnelia tower boss battle with having 200 CP on each character and using a deathblow quarts Am I missing some form of battle tactic or was this battle supposed to be tough as balls?
Also, does someone know if Sen 3 Hard is as easy as Sen 2 Hard?

Once you learn to use the break system you will have no problems

What would have happened if they caught her?

Headpats and praise

KEK
Finally, this is what I was waiting for in terms of a character being brought down a peg
though he looks way too good as a girl, what the fuck

NEVER FUCKING MIND APPARENTLY HE'S EVEN GOOD AT BEING A SPOILED
princess
APPARENTLY

Kloe is one of the best healers of the game. She doesn't have much in the way of attack power but with three water slots and her S-break, she's a really good mage/healer.

Fina-fucking-lly something about josh that doesn't involve him being fellated for his skills and looks or his lack of sharing anything about himself

I figured as much user, but what the heck does that have to do with what I said?

One of the orphans even says as much.

Just something to keep in mind. I missed when she was in the party because she was designated healbot.

KEK

We're good for a new bread…

Well I finally made it to Zeiss.
this place is full of autism

then make it faggot

It's hard to make an OP on a phone. My computer is dead until I buy some new parts.

Nice girls really do finish last. Kinda suspected Kloe but… yeah.
Just another broken heart on the rooftop terrace of Grancel Castle.

I just installed Zero pc port with beta english patch. Fixed most problem except the weird screen shaking every time i move, any idea how to fix this ?

Oh boy, now you're ready for 2nd Chapter!