What would you like to see in a future Zelda game similar to BOTW?

What would you like to see in a future Zelda game similar to BOTW?
I was thinking of what would happen if the Ancient Shiekah technology was heavily downplayed in future games, like replacing shrines with classic secret caves, fewer Guardians on the overworld, a less versatile Shiekah Slate with a different name, etc., and I came to a terrible conclusion.
Who provides Link with overworld maps, lives in a tower, and uses a weirdly advanced tablet-like device?
That's right. Next game should have a Tingle Tablet, that charges rupees for fast travel.
Previous thread: 8ch.net/v/res/14211659.html

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/fttY4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

something like the tingle tuner would be nice to have again.
also cute fairies that aren't just balls of light.

I hate this trope

a) Open world is pretty good in BotW, using descriptive cues instead of objective markers was great. But shrines and korok seeds only carry your interest so far. So maybe add cities that develop as you perform side quests to them or buy from their stores, like in Xenoblade 2. Advanced cities give you newer items and technology.
b) Proceduraly generated dungeons. Many.
c) Non traditional (for a zelda game) puzzles, doesn't neet to be too elaborate in therms of assets, to allow focus on greater variety. I'd love to see picross, jigsaws and the like. Imagine coming up to a puzzle you can't solve right away (something so rare in games nowadays), but you can exit that dungeon and do some other stuff, then come back at a later time for it.
d) Greater enemy variety.
e) Keep item-based progression, but for god's sake do it like the older games and give those items some importance on the overworld. Twilight princess was like "hey here's an item that you can use in this dungeon, but will never pick up again ever until the last dungeon". The formula should be:
Remember the roc's feather? Pegasus boots? Hookshot? Zora's scale? Newer zelda games don't, or at least they don't bother including those functions anywhere else other than their dungeons.
d) Instead of breaking items, have them require maintenance to keep their stats. A sword doesn't break, but after X slashes it deals less damage, requiring sharpening. Hammers, axes and spears could deal massive damage, but break their wooden handles after X uses or a RNG based system, rendering them useless until being repaired at an appropriate shop/workbench, being the high risk/high reward weapons in the game. Bows could also break it's strings after uses/RNG, but unlike hammers/axes, repairs are easy and quick to make anywhere.
e) Make cooking/potions meaningful by giving it exclusive abilities. In BotW agter aquiring certain gear, you pretty much don't have to cook anything other than food that gives you yellow hearts and yellow stamina, and maybe speed potions. Some ideas for potions:

I like scy-fantasy. So I'd rather keep it.

I swear to god I'm about to convert for KEK's religion for real. Every time I make an actual effort in my posts or write something I'm particularly proud of I get dubs.

The original concept design of OoT aka Ura Zelda.

Remove climbing and gliding for a start. Make traversing the area more difficult and less easy to skip sections.

I DONT want Breath of the wild
I want the open world meme to fuck off.

Also this.

But i really liked that, i think it also made traversing a lot easier, but if you wanted you could just make it work slower

I'm saying that they could explain their tech better than, "its ancient so we don't know how it works", like on FFX it pisses me to no end, and the fact not even fucking Teedoos knows about it despite the nigger being from that era.

That's the problem. Why bother taking the route less explored when you can just climb over any obstacle and glide over every difficult area? It's shit.

I'd keep those, but as items you aquire along the game, not basic mechanics you have from the start.

nah fuck that. Seriously fuck gliding in general. If you want to "master" traversal then have a series of warp points that cost something valuable and will rarely get you exactly where you want to be. If you're going to do open world cancer then do it right so you don't get bored of plying late game and you have a lot of side quests and missions to do.
Instead just have less climbable surfaces an make sure their in places where you can't break the pacing of exploration. Fixed.
Seriously though this meme that you "MUST" progress in being able to explore more easily is retarded. Instead of giving you bullshit OP shit like being able to climb on any surface and being able to glide at any point why not just focus on better gear to make early areas less difficult to move through. Or better yet just the experience alone on how to kill the enemies more easily with more practice be what allows you to move more easily? there's better ways to allow the player to move through the world without some cheap cop out shit that just makes the world feel smaller because you can move more freely. I would much rather a game that rewards my effort of exploration with more gameplay rather than diminish my future methods of effort because of some upgrades.

Barely. They (the good ones anyway) were often contained and designed well enough so that you couldn't just blow past shit without much effort.

That's what i always thought, but because of limitations they were basically limited to loading in separate areas. I agree movement needs to be a bit more restrictive to encourage exploring and battling instead of just gliding all over the place. Shrines also made traveling less relevant since there is one very mile, the teleport pin was smart but also made irrelevant because of that.
The conclusion in all zelda threads, is that nintendo can learn a lot from this mess and hope for a better sequel, but that will take several years from now.

I'm sorry but I find it hard to understand or agree with some points there.
If you are complaining about lack of exploration, why propose fast travel?
I can agree with setting restrictions to climbing. Makes sense to design an area with a certain path in mind and expect the player to follow the options you set to them, and climbing has teh potential to disrupt that. But gliding isn't nearly that big of a problem. It's only broken if you find a high place to glide from (which could be restricted by limiting climbing) and if gliding is infinite. BotW's gliding is pretty limited at the beginning of the game, but it gets broken pretty early when you gain access to stamina potions/food. So I wouldn't mind gliding if it had a well defined and limited mechanic. Wind Waker did it almost right in my opinion, but I'd remove the magic cost and keep your gliding time a fixed value. A late-game unlimited gliding would work, because at that time you're done with the main quest and in search for all the side content, and better transversing options is actually desireable at that moment.

That's not what open world means. Zelda always had an overworld that you have to transverse, and it usually has secrets of it's own like heart pieces or collectables. You can advance the story after finishing a dungeon, or fuck about other areas. That's open world, and has always been a staple in the series. What BotW gets wrong is that certain areas in the open world can be avoided by climbing to a high place and avoiding certain enemy encounters. But being open world still has no influence on solving shrines and dungeons, and in that it's just like other zelda games.

In BotW it pays to walk to your destination instead of fast traveling to a waypoint near it, because you might stumble on a shrine or korok on the way. What I would do is have only some of them act as fast travel points. Or maybe have a separate system for that.

How about something not like that open world meme garbage?

I don't really. I think if you're going to have an open world game there are more natural ways to move around. And if you HAVE to have fast travel you should make it extremely costly and sparse.
Even then I don't like the concept in itself. Why even bother with such a concept? Wouldn't it be better to have ropes you climb down or better yet actually FORCE the player to find a route down that encourages exploration?
How about just make a certain area for it that it can only be used in because of updrafts being a common thing? That way you get to use the mechanic and it the area is designed specifically around the concept with solid world design to make traversing feel natural.
If they did something like getting into the Forest temple by adding tornadoes in certain locations I would be more inclined to agree. Or better yet have tornadoes that only appear on certain days so you can plan routes accordingly?
Not really no. Like I said, once you're capable of exploring the entire world with ease you might as well not bother playing the game as a good majority of the challenge will be gone and you will just be holding buttons for the majority of the game. Part of the enjoyment you should get out of discovering a new area is the fact that said area is difficult to get to. If everybody could get there rather easily it cheapens the effect does it not? I would rather the game make it feel as though the mechanics don't make it feel like the world revolves around me and instead have it vice versa.
An open world game can have structure you know.

Open world and item progression require contradictory design philosophies. Compare the world and level design of Breath of the Wild to A Link to the Past.
No. Not only does that not work at all with item progression but procedurally generated levels are fucking boring.

Thanks for summing up my wall of words pretty precisely. If your reward for doing well in an adventure game is getting an item that makes adventure easier you've fucked up.

As an example, consider the Hookshot. In ALttP it has some combat functionality as an alternate to the Bow or Ice Rod, but the primary purpose is to get you to places you couldn't reach before. This is an effective way to guide the player, preventing travel to areas they are not supposed to reach yet. This also makes different areas more like levels than parts of the same wide open space.

Are you joking? ALttP is perfect example of item progression in an open world done right! Open world doesn't mean "everything is availeable from the start", it means you can explore but might find obstacles you have to come back later with the appropriate item or ability.

Also a viable option.
I don't think gliding is a must have, just taht it can be done right. So if future zelda games don't add it, I wouldn't mind either way. Just do it right if you're going to include it.
Can't really agree with this one. Finding an area should be hard and have a set challenge to it. The fun of an open world game comes from exploring after all. But after you' ve had to go through the same path for the Nth time you'll with there was a faster way. I'm not talking about trivializing discovery.
Never said otherwise. Where did you get that from? I pointed that overworlds have been a thing in zelda games since forever. It acts as as a challenge of it's own while collecting dungeons. Guess what that is. An open world.

But after you' ve had to go through the same path for the Nth time you'll with there was a faster way. I'm not talking about trivializing discovery.
Well ideally the fun should be in finding new areas. And you really shouldn't mind retreading ground if it's vibrant enough and you're occupied with staying alive.
How can you not when you make exploration a trivial situation?
I never said they weren't open world games either. But the focus obviously wasn't on that fact.

Full nudity

You have a very different definition of open world than what is generally accepted and I seriously wonder how you got it.
LttP's world has more in common with Metroid or post-SoTN Castlevania than say GTA or Morrowind.

Apologies for double post, but ALttP was literally designed to be as linear as possible. Progression is strictly one thing at a time, with advanced stages walled off until you progress far enough (in this case, achieve the correct item).
An open world game lets you go anywhere you want with progression guided by in-game instructions, i.e. an important character telling you to go to this town. A key difference here is new content is locked behind triggered events instead of character ability.

Which one of the ideas I proposed makes exploration trivial? Arguably infinite gliding, but even that is limited by places you can glide from. It's not flying you know.

Seconding that

What constitutes obstacles may change across the games you mentioned, but they are still obstacles. I'll concede that some are more limiting than others though:
GTA might have certain areas or features locked behind story
Morrowind and Skyrim might let you walk among 90% of it's overworld, but upon reaching a dungeon/interesting area/quest giver you still have requirements to fill for most of them.
This is true to some extent. Which is why I think size and density are important factors that may differentiate a hub-world to an open world. ALttP and A link between worlds allow a lot of exploration of it's overworld right from the beginning, locking some areas behind obstacles with environmental cues. Metroid has an initial area that effectively connects the subsequent areas, but it's too limited and streamlined from the get go. In the sense that it allows you to explore an area up until you reach a figurative wall, it's the same as those zelda games. But being more contained and limited makes it act more like a level of it's own rather than a hub-world

I want Zelda II but in 3D. I know some faggots like to throw around gay memes, but I sincerely believe that if Zelda adopted an approach that is similar to Dark Souls, that the series as a whole would be more enjoyable. When I say "adopt an approach that is similar to Dark Souls" I just mean that it should be possible to:
- die reasonably easily. Make dungeons these long form gauntlets with very little healing items and a number of enemies hidden within. Then, give players a healing spell or a series of potions for relatively cheap and that they must conserve throughout the course of the dungeon
- acquire a large number of weapons that aren't more fragile than a fucking piece of paper. You can still keep weapon degradation, but provide players with some way of managing their weapons at the cost of resource consumption (i.e. maybe you need to chop down trees to collect certain types of wood in order to go craft a new hilt for your sword or new arrows or some bullshit; maybe you can craft magical items that can be consumed to restore your weapon to a newer state)
- acquire a number of useful spells. Go classic and add in all the spells from Zelda II, give players a reason to use them
- encounter and defeat complex enemies. The lynels in BotW are the best enemies in the game to fight, but they're not exactly combat scenarios; they test your timing more than anything else, because doing the dodge into flurry strike attack is the most efficient way to defeat them. Where are the Darknuts? You could have a variety of humanoid enemies that want to duel you in a number of different ways; heavy armored assholes that want to tank your hits and smash you with their huge slab of a sword; light and fast thief types that take quick swipes and make an effort to avoid all your attacks; mid range soldiers that try to fuck you by attacking only during your periods of vulnerability; etc
- fight bosses that aren't gay puzzles. The problem with bosses is that they're just puzzles that can hurt you for not doing the "right thing" and within the "right time frame". Fuck you, a boss should be a test of your ability to adequately use the combat system to prevail. Dark Souls is quite simple in this regard; you must merely roll and attack when it is convenient to do so, but there are stipulations to this basic concept. You want to take something fundamentally basic like this and add some layers of complexity. THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU SHOULD MAKE FUCKING GIMMICKS NINTENDO and example of this would be the stamina bar. The stamina bar is a basic restriction that punishes players who mindlessly attack. If you can find interesting ways to spice up the combat, that would be good.

Now, aside from this, I think they could do more to incorporate interesting puzzles that use the game's physics to actually challenge the player to think outside the box. Design a dungeon that requires a specific item to traverse, but then allow clever players to circumvent this requirement by using their FUCKING BRAINS to use alternatives.

Some of it is true, there's still some shit we can't figure out, or have taken some time to figure out. I still find roman architecture and Nazi UFO's fascinating.
archive.is/fttY4

Can you think of a way to make exploration easier without removing any of the mechanics that make it fun to begin with?
It's a slippery slope though you have to admit. And Nintendo slipped right on their asses.

Anyway, you know what I wanted that I thought we might get when the game was first announced and hasn't been mentioned as much as it should have? The original fucking game brought up to current standards but with none of the fluff or hand holding we got in BoTW. Think about it:
All I wanted was a the feeling of an adventure with grounded consequences. Instead we got Japanese Skyrim. I wish we had gotten a game where you actually had to take your time and focus on planning ahead just as much as being alert and trying to stay alive.

I can see why we are disagreeing then. I don't think locking content behind story or other kind of trigger is any different from locking it behind aquiring an item. Different ways of imposing the same limitations, imo. That's why I consider zelda games similar to those open world games. I don't think being non-linear is a requirement for open world though. I would say the Batman Arkham series is open world, even if all three games have linear stories and progression.

You can do many dungeons out of order in ALttP last I checked. I would say it's halfway there to an open world game. Not that I really mind. OoT actually has a lot of moments where you can go out of the normal path to do several other things until time constraints forced them to make it more linear. Pic related.

But you can sort of explain ancient architecture. Sure, how it got built may be fascinating but it's still simple enough. It isn't "LOL here's an ancient tablet that you can take selfies with, also the Sheikah built shrines literally everywhere on the map like 10 feet from eachother cause I dunno"

The hookshot is a good example. Adds another mechanic allowing you to reach places you couldn't before, but can also be used in certain areas you had already passed through but faster.
Yeah, like I said BotW starts with good limitations on gliding, but as soon as you can eat stamina food while gliding (which happens pretty early) it's fucked
yes to all of these
Also yes, but BotW actually does these pretty well already
Absolutely. The sad thing is that BotW kinda tries this, but the items aren't interesting enough.
Could go either way for me though. Setting-wise, as long as the game is engaging I'll swallow any setting
Nope. But I'd propose a symilar mechanic. The gear you have on you would be very limited. Maybe a couple weapons, a shield, a bow and one set of armour. To change equipment you'd need to go to your cargo mule or other kind of hub. Adding a straight up weight system means falling for the skyrim trap:
>Overencumbered. Speed halved
For the most part we want the same game

And something I'm sure many people (myself included) are sick to death of because of it's reuse in so many prior games.
And in turn you find a generic area with nothing to offer. And I rarely feel like I shouldn't be in places when the entire fucking game is an easy chore. There's also the fact that the dialog in the game is fucking terrible.
See the pics I posted. If I recall Nintendo posted an original image as a way of teasing BoTW. I felt cheated when we got what we got.
Dunno about it. By limiting things to a strict number you're kind of limiting the idea of being able to plan ahead by restricting the concept of trading mobility over more options.
Make it gradual. More like Dark souls and less like Skyrim. Not that I want Zelda to reflect Dark souls. But they did have a good answer to weight.

Even Poklonskaya posting does not conceal the fact that your a leftist faggot who needs to go back
>>>/tumblr/

but seriously ancient tech is traditionalist fable, leftist love the fiction of the "noble savage". Lurk more

Go derail a thread somewhere else. A better word would have been a cliche.

user go fuck yourself.

make me

How about something set in a historical setting?

A real life one? Because if not they already tried that and it failed miserably.

A real one.

It's Zelda…

I'll take rennaisaunce Hyrule with an interconnecting underworld you can unlock paths for short cuts instead of shrines warping. Also warping requires playing musical instrument.

Add Zelda II's spell book, but make it fairy magic that use rupees to cast.

Make potions have shorter durations but you can carry multiple bottles. Bottles are unuseable until you wash them with soap. Bottles can be stolen and broken. You can make splash potions for AoE effects too. And yes a splash potion of Strength boosts everything's attack in range: partner and foe.

Food you can only eat once per day but has a powerful effect that lasts all day. You can get up to three effects from an entreé, a drink/spirit, and a dessert. Example is Meaty Pumpkin Stew for armor durability boost, Lon Lon Milk for 3 ghost or blue hearts you can re-heal, and Lime Marang Pie for faster stamina regen.

Know what else would be cool? Instead of gliding, you could have a magic meter and briefly fly in the air. This would consume magic, and you'd move relatively slowly, but could gain momentum by traveling downwards, kinda like the flying cap in Mario 64. Basically some Peter Pan shit. Don't know how they'd incorporate puzzles and environmental obstacles with this in mind, though.

user that sounds gay.

n-not that gay

I smeel e-celeb cuckspiracy!

Peter Pan style flying elf is pretty fucking gay, user.
What's next, you add sparkles to show how it is magic flying?

user, getting raped by fairies wasn't your fault. It's time to let go being a victim and define yourself by the future ahead of you.

Tidus was just a sportsball man though.
Why the fuck would he know about random gizmos, even if they were from his era

Shush,vinny is a good boy,he's not like the others.

For a while he was being kind of a shill and his streams weren't that great. did he get better?

That was a long ass time ago,i'd say he's gotten better,but of course my opinion isn't worth much compared to just watching something of his yourself and gathering your own opinion.

Tingle is /ourguy/ fool.

He's better, but sometimes he's still a fag.
He tries too hard to stay neutral on some topics to have his audience happy, like when he streamed Cry of Fear. Instead of criticizing the game and some mechanics have aged atrociously, he took the "uh, well, there were some things i didn't like, but that's subjective"

Or how he openly shits on some things (AAA bastardization of gaming), but then he cucks out with others (like playing fucking cawadooty PROP HUNT copy-paste mode instead of the original). That's hypocrital, he shouldn't stream that microtransaction-lootbox fest knowing giving it attention mean kiddos buying the game "because an e-celeb plays)

you have to go back, non-white redditor.

He’s not particularly intelligent or aware of the problems in the world and he still enjoys talmudvision and hebewood productions.

How about since they have the map already made the next game is a sequel–almost immediately after BotW–where you and Zelda are tasked with cleansing the kingdom of the last remnants of calamity (that purple shit) and monsters so that cities can be rebuilt and fields can be put to seed again. A game where enemies aren’t fucking respawning all the time and you basically Tarrey Town the entire map. Have an overarching enemy of some sort; what the fuck ever.
“But that’s not really a Zelda game”
FUCK YOU I JUST WANT A FUCKING GAME WHERE MY ACTIONS ACTUALLY FUCKING MATTER IN A WAY THAT ISN’T FUCKING REVERTED. I WANT TO RECLAIM THE WILDERNESS AND REBUILD CIVILIZATION. NO GAMES LET ME DO THIS.

The map's already there, all it needs is changes and additions to make it more structured
Like, they can use all that saved time on making dungeons, underground caverns, floating islands, more enemy types, actual worthwhile content that makes exploring have a point
There's also all those half-assed mechanics they can polish, like combat, equipment, resources, etc.
Leaving it as it is now and starting fresh on an entirely new game with some other retarded idea would be a waste of everyone's time

Also on an unrelated note, I'm playing ALBW for the first time, and holy shit it's insane how forgettable the dungeons are compared to the little puzzle rooms sprinkled throughout the world, and those fucking things literally only give rupees as a reward, it's like they hire game designers from some backwards goddamn bizarro world

Just give me ANY new Zelda Title with Yoshiaki Koizumi as the director.

The combat needs 2 things:greater variety of knockdown states and weapons that specialize in those states. Right now there's only 1 (maybe 2 if you count guard break/parry), when you finish a weapon's combo the enemy's knocked down and slides across the ground, forcing you to chase after them or switch targets. This is fine for group fights but when you're just wailing on a single white enemy and you have to keep chasing them to finish them off it's annoying, doubly so if you purposefully isolated them to do maximum possible damage before getting smacked by other enemies. Allowing for more control over what happens to enemies would go a long way to deepen the combat, and tying it to weapon types forces weapon switching. Things like soft knockdown, where enemies collapse after a combo but don't get knocked away, stunned knockdown where they stay standing and takr more damage for a shorter time, the one that's already in the game, and a launcher that sends them away. By having different weapon classes inflict different knockdown states different weapons become advantageous in different situations, meaning weapon switching no longer requires the "encouragement" of the durability system.
As a bonus, more enemy types would encourage different weapon choices, Darknuts being the most obvious choice by forcing the player to slice off their heavy armor before things like launchers work. It would also allow for things like hammers to be more prevalent, as they would do more damage to an armored enemy.
None of this is particularly complex and most players could get through the game without even realizing it's there.

Content.

How about more animal enemies in general? Pea hats would require range weapons to deal with based on how high they fly. Like likes can not only eat shields but weapons as well. And Rope are cobras that you need a blade to deal with effectively.

Also thought about how Hylian/Gerudo, Rito, Goron, and Zora soldiers could work. Hylian soldiers would be like armorless darknuts. Highly defensive waiting to deflect/avoid your strikes before cheesing you with a spear combo. And at range soldiers switch to crossbows. Gerudo are similar but they are agile and prefer aggressigely attacking you, provoking you to drop your guard so they can strike. Gerudo bounty hunters in Hyrule are also seen more on horses than Hylian grunts. So Gerudo will use hit and run tactics to take you out. Gerudo are also fond of stealing your horses and using them to kill you.

Gorons are pure tanks. They don't get stunned by most weapons. Only bombs can stop them. Gorons take whatever hit you give them and they aren't afraid to grab and swing you like a body club. Gorons can throw boulders and lava bombs.

Zoras would be like their 2D counterparts. They wait in the water and shoot fireballs at you. But this time if you shoot them they will jump out of the water and try to air slash you. If they hit they run away. Otherwise Zora will be forced to fight on land until they knock you down then flee to water.

Rito will fly overhead and try to snipe you mid-air. You can shoot them out of the sky if you find them aiming and force them into ground combat. If Rito wants to fly again they'll have to run and flap. They aren't Revali. Also Rito is fond of carpet bombing you in squads if you really piss them off.

What if instead of the glider, they brought back the deku leaf
Also, mole mitts

I'd rather have mole tits

cute sharks

you know that is a cuckchan meme right?

You're not much better.

You know that is niggerspeak right?

this tbh fam

To revive this thread since I have nothing to talk about- I think ninty's artists are missing a great chance to enforce autistic zelda-specific color theory across the entire game
If they leaned on this shit more it would be a cheap and easy way to make things in the world tie together, to add the illusion of depth for autists interested in such things, and could also lead to new mechanics if they took things like those previously mentioned UI colors to their logical conclusions

Tingle tuner does sound like it has potential. Climbing towers to see tingle hastily scribble you a map would be pretty a cool way to reincorporate him. Anyway my personal checklist for what I'd like to see goes as follows.

Make it a spinoff starring Sheik.

I would argue the game doesn't even need a storyline. Just good dungeons with a decent world

I want to play as Tingle.

If the next Zelda game has a weapon crafting system, it would be very easy to explain in-setting as Link being a blacksmith's apprentice again.

OOT=MM > WW > TP >>>> SS >> BOTW

OPEN WORLD MEME A SHIT

More crossdressing link

Whole game should have been smaller in actual size and denser as a result. It wasn't as bad as Skyrim because it didn't pretend to be deep but it felt pretty shallow after a while. Density > pure size. Instead of trying to do something really big at a convincingly big scale, it's better when everything is properly fleshed out.

They should have had 1/4 the shrines that averaged 4x the size and just give you a heart/stamina boost at the end of each one. Bite sized dungeon is alright in concept but it gets tedious when you have to keep going in and out.

The towns should have been more interesting. It would have been fine if there were just a couple like in OoT or something, but all the characters had things to do you could interact with. The towns themselves were also really small. Video games are bad about this in general. Just once I'd like a game that takes place in one big town that's well realized.

The exploration was fun but at times it gets tedious because the sheer distance to cross takes a while. Traveling quickly puts a bandaid on that, but the fundamental problem is still there. I honestly think if the whole map was compressed to about 1/4 size it would have been perfectly dense and shit would never be too far apart.

The voice acting needs to either not be there or have effort put into it. Half-assing it (bad VO that only gets used in cutscenes can fuck off) just makes the experience worse. Not every game needs voices and Zelda is fine without them (the vast majority of BotW isn't voiced), so if you do it make it worthwhile.

And it would be nice if they just did regular dungeons again. A world with a bunch of differently themed dungeons is way more fun than the fucking Portal aesthetic slapped on everything, and with little to no structure/arc to the exploration. The dungeon formula of explore -> fight miniboss -> get item -> use item to access rest of dungeon -> get boss key -> fight boss was stale, sure, but that doesn't mean you should throw out the whole concept of structured dungeons and just do isolated puzzles instead. The use of puzzle elements and varying terrain/theming in the overworld was nice. It was a shame that going into the dungeon segments was comparatively boring. That's just flipping the usual overworld:boring;underworld;interesting dynamic and it's not better. The one thing Skyward Sword had the right idea about was to make the transition between dungeons and overworld a bit blurrier. It would be best to have dungeons that are an extension of the overworld instead of drag-n-drop bullshit. The most interesting shrines were the ones that required you to interact with the outside world.

I'd be fine with the sheer size of the world if there were actual dungeons, and you seriously had to search for them and solve puzzles just to figure out where they are instead of just stumbling across the location randomly by walking or by seeing it from a tower
This "ensure players come across [thing] every 30 seconds" philosophy of populating an open world doesn't make exploration better, it just pacifies ADHD kids and stretches what little content the game has way too thin, to the point where you just move right past 95% of it without even looking at it because you know it's just worthless garbage

What Zelda game would you fags recommend for beginners? What's the easiest to hardest?

Did you play hyrule warriors? Zelda can certainly work outside of it's normal overworld structure

Practically any of the 3D ones before this
After majora's mask came out, nintendo went into a "video games are for babies and old people too!" phase that got progressively worse over the last decade and a half until this came out

Ocarina or Wind Waker for beginners. 2D you'll want to go with Link to the Past. Generally release order is the best way to go.

IS THIS A MOTHERFUCKING JOJO REFERENCE??????

I dont think there is going to be another Zelda for a long time that isn't open world. The normal faggots like all their games to be like Skyrim.

And that's a good thing (not for you).

That could work in a levelling system similar to Zelda 2.