General emulation thread

Is there a working/promising xbox emu yet?
What about PS3?
What have you been emulation lately?

Other urls found in this thread:

rpcs3.net/compatibility
github.com/Cxbx-Reloaded/Cxbx-Reloaded
github.com/benvanik/xenia
zoltx23.github.io/ryujinx-emu/
benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/compare.php?lang=python3&lang2=gpp
github.com/Cxbx-Reloaded/game-compatibility/issues)
forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Widescreen-Game-Patches?page=636
benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/compare.php?lang=csharpcore&lang2=gpp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is there a working/promising xbox emu yet?
I think there is one, but I forgot it's name.
What about PS3?
Pretty good. There were some great advancements over the last few months. Full emulation soon.
What have you been emulation lately?
MGS3: Subsistence and Yakuza

Pls no bully

No one cares enough to make one.
RPCS3.

Nope.
Also what kind of games Xbox even have?
I ask that seriously, because I really don't know anything about xbox.
Only RPCS3.
rpcs3.net/compatibility
Some 3DS games with Citra.

These seem to be under active development
github.com/Cxbx-Reloaded/Cxbx-Reloaded
github.com/benvanik/xenia

Kingdom Under Fire: Crusades was fun game. Game which I would very much like to finish some day.

It had the best 3rd party multiplats.

What's with all the Quentin-tier pics nowadays?

Ninja Gaiden Black (The best version of the game), JSRF, and Forza 1 are enough for me to want proper emulation.

Dont think so
Will try when it can run more than 3 games
Zelda, and the usual games from my top ten quick and fun game library. Here are some names:
Top Hunter
Ninja Gaiden (Nes)
Last Blade 2
Aladdin (Snes)
Ape Escape 3

Better question: If threads and content dedicated to bashing Nintendo are permitted than why don't we see similar bashing of Sony or Microsoft at least close to the same abundance?

It appears there is an over-saturation of only one brand of console war shitposting. I can understand targeting more specific things like shit localizations, but these cuckchan memes such as nu-wojak are very broadly just bashing nintendo as a whole with no specific target other than the tired sonygaf mantras of "nintendo is for children" and "I only play mature games for mature gamers such as myself" with tacked on nu-male jokes when nu-males are a larger cancer not exclusive to any brand.

Because PS4 is no games console and Xbox One will be probably last Microshit console due to their continuous fuckups.
There shouldn't be any console war shit here. It's forbidden in board rules.
Multiple nintendo cardboard threads were spammed with these. All caused by one sperg, after that he cried on three threads on /sudo/ that he got banned for that shit.
Fact, but Nintendo has largest amount of them.

Is Persona 5 playable in above sub-human conditions yet?

Uninformed faggots shouldn't bother posting.

its physically painful watching that. Please people just mod an original xbox, you can play its excellent games for very cheap.

This video has better footage and you can stick your original hardware up your arse.

why do you keep posting this ear rape? If you actually wanted to play these games you'd play them correctly.

I just want to play Ninja Gaiden Black. I will go find an ISO RIGHT NOW and this shit better work.

It's a newer video showing the improvements of the emulator, you probably didn't even bother watching it.

OP asked for working/promising xbox emu.
This emulator showed in video stutters and have enormous lags.

I stopped around the 55 second mark because this bombarded me and I felt incredibly uncomfortable. It's like a friend showing me some hilarious internet video he just found and it's the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny kind of uncomfortable. Sort yourself out. You've been posting these videos of "progress" for like 3 years. They're all shit. Just stop until you have something real to show.

Better off playing sigma on a ps3 emulator.

please don't play sigma, play black. sigma sucks.

:)

There was, years ago when they embarassed themselves the most. Now that we don't even NEED to mention they're shit, now it's Nintendo's turn

I thought it was because you guys kept losing those arguments and keep having to retreat to a smaller and smaller safe space

You have us confused with "neogaf".

No, didn't you guys just make the first supernt thread in an attempt to own the original hardware fags?

I really can't think of anyone else who would pop the cherry on discussion over a piece of hardware nobody cared about for months except emuniggers

you're right, it's so much better

Alrighty, niggers.
Golden Sun, it's average so far. I really do appreciate playing RPGs on an emulator to speed up the slower parts/grind.
Haven't found a decent PS2 emulator, mostly out of lack of interest. I've seen Wii games run decently, but I've never tried myself. Haven't seen decent emulators for Xbox 360 or PS3 yet. And although N64 emulation is decent I wish it was better.
Wario World and loads of other semi-known games I've missed out on, if only I could find decent files. I need a break from RPGs.
Aside from playing games for free/cheap, I enjoy being able to speed up lengthy portions of games as I mentioned before. Being able to play hidden gems or now expensive games you might've missed out on is a huge bonus too as goes for foreign games. Savestates can be nice to restart a boss over without having to backtrack there again.
Snes9x

I love using emulation threads as an excuse to post suggestions or get some too. Having recently played a shit-ton of RPGs, I've got a few opinions, but I feel I want to broaden out to other genres now.

all new emulators suck
Citra, CEMU, the xbox one, RPCS3

I agree. ZSNES FOR LIFE.

just wait 20 years

Can the drastic emulator be pirated in full working condition? Last time it wasn't available without needing to pay the creator.

Yes, but you need to search for rather long time to get it.

Is there an emulator for PC-98 stuff on Android?

It's pretty much the sole thing I expect to run on a phone, save for a few PSP VNs

THE KING

PPSSPP, Dolphin, and Cemu are coming along just fine.

PPSSPP is definitely the most stable emulator I've ever used, and CEMU is easily the fastest developing. I want RPCS3 to hurry up and be playable. like,the compatability list has almost everything as "playable", but that just means it runs. MGS3HD runs at 10fps whenever the camera ain't pointed straight down. even the VITA runs MGS3 better than RPCS3.

(czechd)
Pic related

I played some of Persona 5 and it seems to be working well other than that one memory error that they havent managed to solve popping up every once in a while.

bump

got an alternative, freedom-kun?

because people get upset and give them attention

i'm sure we'll have plenty when the one guy in charge of cemu gets bored or even more greedy and makes everything even worse than it already is

Cemu is a shitshow. Last few updates have been practically nothing and their site marks games which cannot be finished at all as playable. Its pretty obvious that all their attention is on milking the patreon as much as they can.

PCSX2 is the only one, it's janky, but adequate. Play! is a complete joke unless you really want to play PS2 games on your phone.
Vulkan has produced HUGE leaps for N64 emulation, since it let's us now do flawless RDP emulation without having to abandon hardware acceleration. Try ParaLLEl with Vulkan, it's like magic. A few more bugs ironed out, and N64 emu will be a solved problem.

You faggots don't know how lucky you have it. CEMU has only been out for a few years. It took Dolphin a good 5 years or so before it could really play even a fucking fraction of the Gamecubes library and even longer before they could get it at playable framerates

CEMU can not only play the majority of the WiiUs library but it already has a triple core dynarec and can play a lot of that shit at full speed

LTCG enabled game, if CXBX-R ever get off the ground this isn't one of the games you'll be able to play anytime soon

Not anymore, DamonPS2, which is just chink stealing PCSX2 and kinda fixing the dynarec for ARM, runs many more stuff on phones, just don't pay for it.
Abandoned as fuck since it has core issues you can't fix and the only dev that knows how it works dropped the project, MTed angrylion though is the current best option and is well maintained and usable on every major emulator currently out there.

Dolphin had a 3 year hiatus and no full time dev working on it at all.
CEMU has at-least one dev working full time maybe more.
Dolphin is also hampered by having a shitty working model where even readme editors can strongarm their opinions about actual development.
Reminder that Helios747 and MayImilae should both kill themselves with extreme prejudice

Thats what you get when cancerous retards have a say in development.

It can't. What the fuck are you smoking?

Stop being contrarian my nigger it can play most of the consoles library easy it's not exactly hard when the console had a tiny library to begin with

kill yourself nigger
even the falsely inflated official compatibility list has over 50% which aren't even playable

How can niggers this dumb draw breath?

Another switch emulators on the scene. Actually runs the home brews at more then 2fps.
zoltx23.github.io/ryujinx-emu/

JPCSP/10

Would you prefer Python or Java instead?

stop

I was just joking.
Besides, it would be almost impossible to do.
In python at least.

Remembered randomly that citra is a thing and tried on the Pokemon Sun rom I still had from last test. Shit seems to actually run at 30fps on my Ryzen even with higher resolution. Though I haven't reached a battle yet and honestly I don't want to play a Pokemon game right now. I guess citra is doing very good right now? On the site compatibility's list most games are great or perfect, but surely it is not a full list of games? It seems to have under 200 games in it?

Last I checked, Sun and Moon ran more or less fine, but the G6 games didn't work.

You need to have save to play X&Y, because it breaks right at the game start.
I didn't try emulating ORAS yet.
I don't want to even bother, Citra is just a pain to set up and play.
It isn't. They just made it recently and almost nobody posts their tests there.
Majority of those are also high-end tier of PC, so don't expect too much.

It's not that bad but you need a rooted device+lucky patcher to "crack" it

People like you make me feel smug about not being autistic enough to choose a side in the retarded OG hardware vs emulation debate

there is but development is slower than molasses in winter. The guy developing also kinda a fag, he designed it to specifically not work with windows 7 so you have to us either 8.1 or 10 and he says he won't make a Linux version until development is "far enough along" which at this pace will be somewhere in 2030. Right now his primary goal is getting Sonic 2006 to run perfectly.

None of the games run perfectly. Every single one of them suffers from audio popping because the audio emulation is horrible.
The compatibility list is essentially propped up by retards with really low standards who think that a game that requires you to use a save file to skip a section to avoid a crash is "great" or even "perfect"

Why would an emulator soil itself with these filters?

As a first year CS student can you explain why it wouldn't be possible in python? I can understand Java since I am learning it now and a lot it is backwards as fuck but from what I have seen python seems to be much more versatile.

No one has that autism to actually write that in Python.
Besides for that kind of applications C or C++ is way to go.
Almost all emulators are written with these.

because some faggot probably wrote them in a couple of minutes

python is interpreted which means it is slow as shit, and it's also a shit language.

These days they'd be written in Go.

Natural colors filter works wonders with P3RD HD.

C++ is preferable. But C# works fine for Unity, which isn't a bad platform for getting into game coding. If you're interested in actually making stuff and not just fucking around. If you want to just fuck around then C++ is perfect, because you'll learn the concepts better. But don't operate under the illusion that you'll be making any games in C++.

Like I mentioned, it depends if you want to actually makes games or not. If you want to fuck around with graphics and learn the fundamentals of how stuff works under the hood, then learning to do it in C++ is a good idea. But if you want to make actual games that other people can play, especially on your own, then Unity is a better idea. But with Unity, you won't learn as much game programming theory stuff, since it handles a lot of that automatically (like collision and making your own camera).

Java has been abused to make actual software so often that poor desperate faggots among the competent C++/assembler community have gone through the trouble to make some very sophisticated cached dynarec bytecode interpreters for it. Python coders are almost all sane enough to use it exclusively as a scripting, glue logic, and prototyping language (except in the server world, but almost all server software is absolute shit compared to any other types of software), so Python can't run as fast as Java. Also, since so many perverts abuse Java as a low-level language, it has a lot more libraries for such purposes.

Python is fucking slow
Look at it yourself:
benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/compare.php?lang=python3&lang2=gpp

these are not the same you retard

thanks for all the responses

Jesus Christ! that's beyond pathetic, I had no idea it was that bad.

I just want Otogi at 60 FPS

I'm afraid not. CXBX-r and XQEMU devs are trying their damndest but the video and sound hardware in the Xbox is the ultimate nigger in hardware documentation, which is probably kept in Goddamn Area 51 or something. Doesn't help that one cocksucking faggot gutted a rare Xbox devkit to use its case in his dumbass PC build before dumping the contents of the machine to document.

RPCS-3 is making surprisingly-amazing progress. If you have a decent processor from at-least the last three years or so I highly-recommend checking it out.

Playing through Super Metroid again in Retroarch bSNES core.

the devkit had nothing of value of it and its contents were dumped. you got baited by a redditer.

Reminder that this is what happens when you push PC < Console for years and Reddit catches wind of it.
You caused this.

.>>14364675
Having a XDK doesn't help emulation.
Other XDKs exist and have been studied and dumped thoroughly.
Stop reposting the same shit everytime.
Still infuriating that some retard thought that was a good idea.

The XQEMU team doesn't progress because they're both busy documenting the system (xboxdevwiki) and not very active to begin with, right now it boots most games but runs too slow (interpreter + single thread SW renderer) and has little to no sound emulation.
CXBX-R is worked on by a bunch of amateurs that are trying to unfuck a legacy codebase that has been gangbanged to death by an assortment of more or less (generally less) competent devs since 2004, shit will take years, if you want an idea of what kind of progress they made look at the game compatibility list (github.com/Cxbx-Reloaded/game-compatibility/issues) and filter with the corresponding labels, anything mentioning, LTCG in the issue means it's gonna take way longer to happen, and if you're wondering yes this is the most compatible a CXBX fork has ever been.

i played the entire game on xenia
kill me

That's a really old incident user.

"he designed it to specifically not work with windows 7 and won't make a Linux version" is a bit of an exaggeration. Specifically what he did was write the entire thing around D3D12, which is of course exclusive to Windows 8+/XBox. Expanding it to other platforms would require a port to Vulkan.

The original idea was to concentrate on attaining feature completeness, which seemed like a good approach when Xenia was beating the shit out of every other 7th-gen emulator in terms of progress at lightning speed. But then development slowed down, RPCS3 & Cemu pulled ahead of it to become actually enjoyable to play with, and now his lone wolf approach is failing to bear fruit.

Which is fucking retarded
Its not like OpenGL didn't exist

old bait is still bait

OpenGL is too high-level, only Vulkan or D3D12 or Metal😉 would work.

Why? that game's so terrible even sega disowned it.

Autism. Probably.

Reminder than vegans should be gassed because they ruin everything
forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Widescreen-Game-Patches?page=636

I hope they get Civilization revolutions working soon, I really liked that game. It's a nice break from Civ 4.

I got Burnout 3 running at 5K at 60 fps stable, with almost no audio glitches
Does anyone want my config?
Specs:
i5 6500
gtx 1070
ssd
8GB RAM

It certainly wouldn't hurt to share, user.

is deprecated and that's the reason to not use it for anything new

wow

Why would somebody go out of their way to say something this pointless and dumb instead of keeping it to themselves?

OpenGL is still being updated (version currently under development is 4.7) as a subset of Vulkan, when less flexibility is needed. In fact, as a former Macfag, something even higher level than OpenGL to act as a standard scenegraph API like the RAVE/QuickDraw3D split would still be highly useful for many applications.

That's because all new consoles suck and they're hard to make emulators for. What games are even worth playing on those, anyway?

t. graf zahl

1/2
You also need the GSDX plugin from the lastest build of PCSX2

Also, you need to start at least one race in Software Mode, then switch to Hardware

Any good alternatives to RetroArch?
For some reason, it gives me slowdowns and audio crackling even when using low demanding cores like GBA.

just stick to standalones

I can't get sfiii3s running on the fba.exe from ggpo. Do I have to rename the ROM?

This doesn't disprove my assertion that OpenGL is deprecated.

Even a broken clock shows the correct time twice per day.

Speaking of BrokenGL I'm running an i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz 16Gb with a GTX1080 and getting as low as 1.5FPS in CEMU. Wondering wtf kind of gay chink shit is this? Then I notice:

vid related

Haha, I forgot about that crazy woman. She's gotta have more tolerance for alcohol than a Russian man.

Things aren't deprecated when you don't like them user, they're deprecated when they don't receive any more support.
And regardless of your opinions on it pretty much every good renderer in emulators out there is OpenGL, and when a Vulkan one is present it's always a tradeoff between more speed for less stability.

You might just be doing something retarded user.

I bet you didn't know that game devs can't write proper OpenGL code, so that's why you have "optimized drivers". That's why you consistently get +20% performance gains in AAA-games when you update your crusty old video driver to a new one that detects what game/engine is running and then enables (otherwise unsafe!) optimizations for that particular render code. Then there's also fast-path and slow-path.

Game devs consistently write non-conforming graphics code and players expect nothing less than bug-free top performance and and then drivers are blamed when it's slow or it crashes.

But just because your shitty (closed source) emulator with it's shitty plebbit/NeoFAG community isn't conformingly using OpenGL and gets shitty performance on your flagship GPU doesn't make the API used inherently bad. How about it's just either a bad implementation or a garbage emulator?

Just because I call glBegin()/glEnd() for each vertex doesn't mean the API stinks, it means I'm using it wrong. Granted, OpenGL has about 20 years of legacy it's dragging around, but hey, it gets around, it does it's job with a little creakin' and elbow grease. That's something you can't control from an emulator, you can't control when and how an emulated game is going to paint it's textures. That's why plenty of emulators have game-specific code to fix otherwise garbage performance due to illogical function calls to the graphics layer and what have you because the hardware is completely foreign to x86, PCH and PCI-e graphics.

tl;dr: fucking devs can't write graphics code, emulators can't think because it's not logical, OpenGL isn't that bad, Vulkan is the future and you and pretty much everyone in this thread don't know jack shit.

inb4 immediate mode isn't supported anymore, you don't know what you're talking about. Get the fuck out.

t. graphics codemonkey
Also learn the difference between its and it's, as well as sensible line spacing. Your post was painful to read.

What is this?

That's a lot of fucking autism that you should have condensed down to the two sentences at the end without the paragraph, hoss.

OpenGL isn't deprecated because it's currently used to maintain compatibility with current software using OpenGL, the end goal is to replace it with Vulkan.
Obviously you wouldn't stop maintaining your current graphics API before your new standard gets decent adoption rates and implementation. Vulkan isn't made by Microsoft afterall.

You calling me out on my job as a (graphics) programmer that I don't have sure showed me!

Yours truly,
The guy who just switched his proxy

I can't help it you have the patience and reading comprehension of plebbit. But drive by twitter posting about how everyone's a fucking retard in this thread is juvenile and just isn't gonna communicate the fine nuances of the stupidity in this thread.

Word count is irrelevant unless you're fluffing an essay, formatting is far more important.
I was referring to your double-spacing. You know it's easier to read short-form sentences rather than

trying

to read some

horribly formatted shit like this

right?
What you typed out is some dyslexic-friendly wall of words that consists of you arguing with yourself against hypothetical talking points that nobody was making.
Good call on the plebbit and twatter posting though, if you insert enough buzzwords into your posts it'll seem like you aren't completely autistic and just posting like a retard
I
R
O
N
I
C
A
L
L
Y

Is that the gay guy from the Walking Dead?

What the fuck does this even mean? Are graphics APIs no longer a thing?

What the fuck is up with vigilante 8 going from 30 to 60 fps every second or two?
I'm using epsxe and i have no idea how to make the game run at stable framerate.

The majority of all real games is made in C++
The majoriy of all shovelware shit non-games is made in unity/c#

stop using epsxe

Is the super nt custom firmware shit? i heard it needs the catridge for shit like super fx and some custom audio solutions

Why game boy emulator so slow?

What are the minimum specs to run BotW at 60 fps on at least 900p(preferably 1080)?

Why type like caveman? I use BGB and it runs fine.

Do you know a better one?

Mednafen is better

Yo, I want to play Persona 2, but I don't know what version to play. There's the original with a fan translation, and then there's a remake on the PSP. The remake adds some new content and music, but they turn one of your party members into a nigger and remove Hitler from the game.

Well, I have a… oh, 60 FPS. Never mind. I can get that in shrines, but that's because they're broken. I can get solid 30 in all shrines and 30 in most of the overworld and I have a 1080 but with an 8 year old CPU. I run at 2560x1440.

60 fps everywhere? kaby lake i7, the game is very tasking on CPU.
For the graphics any card that is capable of beating default intel shit will be enough.
For 30+ haswell i5 are enough, don't go lower than that unless you want your fps taking nosedives often.

Could be the shader caching? usually happens only once. pretty common stuff, but if it happens every time you do it then somethings odd

Why's that?

If the new standard hasn't taken over yet and the old standard is still developed and maintained it doesn't fit the definition of deprecation and no amount of incorrectly quoting a dictionary will change that.
OpenGL is not considered obsolete yet, it currently exists side by side with Vulkan as two separate APIs. There aren't people directing anybody away from OpenGL.
As it stands OpenGL is far a more mature API and will most likely continue to be used until support is intentionally ended or Vulkan offers some serious benefit that is worth the cost in adopting a new API.

The most upsetting thing about that picture is how inconsiderate the man playing is by having the volume up and not using his headphones.

THIS IS NOW A PSP CFW AND EMULATION THREAD

Anyone know of a save game editor for FF4 collection? I softlocked myself out of the auger-airship with a bad save. I landed in a bad spot bottom left corner of Troia castle and saved before I went in.

Ahh yeah I bet that is it; the same sort of thing happens in RPCS3 playing DeS.

I still use my PSP for Genesis emulation, works wonders.

No it's not, there's 2 other threads that are relevant to your question I suggest you fuck off there.

What else to expect from someone who thinks PSP is a worthwhile emulation machine

Neither of the thread I'm referring to are locked nor have anyone asking about FF4, guess you might still be retarded.

You're the fagstick that can't link to these mythical threads, and the only reason I'm here is because Cake Jew locked and redirected.

Gee I wonder what kind of thread could help you with a question that doesn't deserve a specific thread or that relates to homebrewed Sony handhelds, truly it is the greatest mystery.
You don't deserve what I just gave you so don't come crying for more

What are you even on about with the nigger thing, user? That was Persona 1. They also didn’t remove Hitler, they just put sunglasses on him. The PSP version of Innocent Sin is better than the original but it still has a fucked encounter rate.

I should add to my post that the PSP version of Persona 1 changes Mark back to what he was originally.

>>>Holla Forums
You have to go back.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting. Reported for being a colossal faggot and pretending there is a better thread. As you are too illiterate to read in my previous posts that PPSSPP is an emulator, and FF4 collection is a native PSP release.

Sage negated.
>>>Holla Forums

I can also read the part where you call attention to PSP CFW which has no place in an emulation thread, not like you even made an emulation related post in the whole fucking thread so why start now.

It's almost like the other thread was locked and redirected here. Oh wait it's exactly like that. So once again there's this emulator called PPSSPP for emulatan PSP. Then there's this PSP game called FF4 Collection. Is there also a save editor for this?

Enjoy restarting your save, next time you should use savestates.

Sage re-applied. Apply yourself, Garak.

You're in an emulation thread, if you want real hardware help go someplace else.

so I got this copied to PPSSPP and now it's part of the emulation thread. where are the save file editors for PPSSPP?

Yeah, actually. Now any non-Windows port will be some bullshit mono or some other gay thing. C# is visual basic for pajeets who won't admit they are visual basic programmers.

Do you eat glue?

user how do you expect people to give you an accurate answer if you're gonna outright lie in your question?

I don't really have the technical understanding to give you a full rundown, but in my experience the performance is just better. I've also had crashes and save files corrupted while disc-swapping in both epsxe and pcsx-r, but not with Mednafen.

Oh sorry. I was pretty tired when I posted and I must have gotten the games mixed up in my head. Anyway, I tried emulating Persona 2 IS for psx and I'm getting a strange glitch where the player sprite disappears when in some areas and the camera's off-center. If I can't find a fix I'll emulate the PSP version, even though after looking around it seems the remake is considerably easier than the original.

kill yourself

Does it really matter what language emulators are written in when they are this early stage?
Its not like performance is a major issue at this point, its going to be shit anyway. Emulating correct enough that anything runs without crashing right away is much more important.

Because you don't wanna be rewriting everything halfway through the project.

A language with a JIT compiler could be useful for dynarec.

Yes, the more popular language used in writing emulator is equal to higher chances to get more contributors and probably will be done faster.
At least it was true on open-source emulators for older consoles.

From what I've seen the pace of development is mostly influenced by the lead dev and his level of activity and competence.and there's rarely someone to keep it going once the lead fucks off and that's where project enter the "janitor team" phase.

C# programs do not make code the machine can run directly. It generates intermediate code, which a C# interpreter then handles and converts into machine code. It's actually extremely similar to Java, where a program is compiled to architecture neutral instructions and then an interpreter handles those unique instructions and converts them into something that can run on a machine.

C# is slower than native C or C++. It's (sometimes) faster than java, and much faster than Python. If someone makes an emulator in something that doesn't compile to machine code, and has to be interpreted, and the emulator will be highly demanding (java NES emulators are actually kind of cool since they can run on so many different machines), it's bullshit.

That Switch emulator has every sign of a hipster or retarded pajeet.

Here's some benchmarks that compare the same program for C# and one for C/C++
benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/compare.php?lang=csharpcore&lang2=gpp

C# is generally two to three times slower than C/C++. C# is usually a bit faster than Java, but it's can be faster sometimes. Anyone who uses something besides a low level language to write an emulator is bullshit and the project will die in a few weeks or a few months.

Looks like citra is about to become quite a bit faster in some cases.

So I'm trying out mednafen because I was having problems with pcsxr. It's working pretty well, but I'm getting some bad audio crackling that I can't seem to fix. Interestingly the fast-forward key fixes the sound crackling, but the playback speed fucks up. On linux using alsa if it helps.

Good luck man, i tried but got tired and installed Poettering Audio, why is linux audio such an unfinished mess? I swer, even installing a fucking equalizer required to do some arcane shit before i could even use it, and when i did, it doesn't save presets or anything.

I have both pulseaudio and alsa, mednafen only supports alsa I think. It's really dumb because with pcsxr I was getting graphical issues, with mednafen they're fixed but then the audio is shit. Just can't win.

Where is that screenshot from?

Mednafen should have better audio than PCSXR, are you able to run it at full speed?

What's wrong with ALSA (other than no per-application volume adjust)? For me, it just werks.

Try changing the sound driver line to sdl in the config.

Search for:
< ;Select sound driver.
< sound.driver sdl
and make sure it looks like that.

Getting about 45fps. If I had to guess my problem's related to video/audio sync issues?

What are my options for dreamcast emulation?
I've never done it before but my CRT died and I can't enjoy my dreamcast on an HD TV.

If you can't get 60 fps just go back to Epsxe, it needs even less power than PCSXR, i ve run epsxe on pentium ii machines. Also the problem with linux is that it only supports OpenGL, and most toaster tier Cpu's with intel graphics will benefit hugely of directx9 because the bottom of the barrel intel toaster cpus are too weak for software rendering or can barely launch OpenGL without crashing, for example first generations of Atom processors or some really old Celeron that come in cheap laptops.
I would recommend Installing windows XP just for that reason.

sounds like your CPU is too weak for mednafen
You could try running epsxe through WINE

Demul is the only dreamcast emulator worth using but its windows only.

No change, unfortunately.

Well that sucks. I'll try out epsxe then.

You could try Beetle PSX HW through Retroarch. It might run better than standalone.

Citra unofficial build thread on GBAtemp

Is there a single decent 3DS game worth playing besides Etrian Oddisey or Rune Factory?

Monster Hunter 3U and 4U.

All the layton games

Checkmate, atheists.

Those games are terrible, with a completely broken camera, unresponsive controls and mindless grinding game play.

I feel like OP's pic "works" because people are becoming more and more anti-social

I'd agree with you if you were talking about the first game, but the controls and camera aren't ever a problem for the rest of the series. It's also easy to assume the gameplay is mindless grinding when all you do is get better gear to hunt harder monsters, but the game isn't completely reliant on gear, and you can get through the games only going through three armor sets. The real fun is getting good and actually feeling yourself progress when you can spin circles around monsters that used to beat the shit out of you.

mad photoshop skills my man

First time I played it would at least play the first Senran game (with awful audio popping at 5 fps). Last few times I tried with newer versions it wouldn't even start the game.

It really doesn’t matter the difficulty of the game. You’re going to end up having heaps of exp due to all of the fights you’ll be getting into in both versions.

Link Between Worlds was pretty decent.

If the soyboy behind him is playing mario what is he playing?

I am aware of that, but I don't feel it matters for any project so early in the emulation cycle. Simply having the correct behavior, even if way too slow is the first step to go for. The language does not matter too much. And as said, the most important thing is that the guy keeps working on it until it takes off or provides a good enough basis for other emulators.

Why even bother coding something that goes to the trash later anyways ? Seems like a waste of time if you have to start over again at some point.

Practice. Besides majority of programs that newbie coders do, end up in trash anyway.

Higher-level interpreted languages (Lisp, Erlang, C#, Java) and moreso even higher-level scripting languages (Lua, Perl, Python, Ruby) automatically take care of many "housekeeping" tasks like memory management, error handling, and libraries, in addition to being more expressive and powerful, so it's much faster to prototype with them, even if the resulting code runs impractically slow.

Even in the finished release, many portions of a program, even something compact and high-performance like an emulator, aren't actually performance critical, so not all higher-level code has to be replaced. Meaning that less effort can be spent on performance non-critical areas, and the most effort can be spent on the worst performance bottlenecks. This is similar to the way programs written entirely in "low-level" languages (C, Pascal, Go, Rust) routinely have the worst bottlenecks replaced with old-fashioned handwritten assembler on popular ISAs.

Nice, thank you for this.

Ended up playing the remake on PPSSPP, thanks user.

Anybody know good settings for Dark Cloud? Also does playing it from my disk affect performance or should I make an ISO out of it?

I didn't play very far into it but OGL doesn't have much issues outside of 2D elements kinda borking at higher internal resolution.
Yes, never play from disks.

Dark cloud is pretty CPU intensive.
Also get a bugfix romhack if you aren't playing the PAL release.