Super Robot Wars X

How is there not a thread for this already? I can't be the only one hyped for new SRW finally free of both SEED and 00, and with the original Mazinkaiser returning to boot.

Other urls found in this thread:

nichegamer.com/2018/02/26/new-gundam-breaker-rated-windows-pc-brazil/
gamefaqs.please
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I made the huge mistake of not buying the limited edition when buying SRW V.
I will definitely buy the limited edition this time.

What was in the limited edition of V?

I'm excited for the Belchorika's Children units getting added.

The Grungast and Huckebein? Those were just first print copies, regular or limited, same with Masaki and Psybuster this time. The limited only has original sound, which means vocal for most, and the PS1 version of Time To Come for Grun and Hucke, so presumably FC version of Neppu Shippu Psybuster in X.

It's been too long since we had Hi-Nu I hope to god Nightengale is back too

Meaning it's dead now?

I can only hope they're dead forever, but then I dared to hope that about Geass too, and that's coming back alongside it's spiritual sequel, so don't get your hopes up for SEED and 00 being dead forever just yet.

Been working through the Z series recently, a bit more than halfway through Z3 1. Already played Rengoku-Hen (Z3 1.5) earlier this year so might skip that and go straight to Tengoku-Hen, but that would mean missing more Crowe and Rand.

Also, what the fuck is Clavia's relationship to Aim? They have the same last name and are both sphere researchers for Sidereal. Is she his wife? Sister? Daughter?

Asakim best waifu, Adobento worst.

I made a thread about this when the PV first dropped. OP is slow and stupid and probably going to buy the SEA version

Also the Grungst and Huckebein were just "early gets", instead of mid game you'd get them early on. Same thing will most likely happen with Cybuster

I'm so mad I missed out on that, hopefully they rerelease it at some point.

I was there for that thread, I'm just wondering why people aren't still talking about it constantly, especially since it's not like there's any other games coming out in the meantime or after.

SEA version?

Yeah, confirmed to be the same with Masaki.

I wonder if it's OG Masaki. He does fall through universes and into crossovers all the time because of his Stigma.

There's a vpk you can use if your vita is hacked.

I may need to find that at some point - my Vita's on current firmware since that's how I played V, but it'd be worth keeping around for when Vita CFW catches up again.

Post your SRW waifu.

It's V all over again with these missed opportunities. Also you might be happy about no SEED and 00 but watch as Geass and Unicorn replace those. At least Buddy Complex is actually getting a proper debut instead of suffering the same fate as MJP, Dougram and Albegas that is the shitty mobage.

Preaching to the choir there, I was holding out hope for a V sequel that would go on to Victory story moving forward after Crossbone.

Unicorn also got dropped, thank goodness. Geass is complete shit though, you're right.

It pains me

Honestly, I prefer it that way, I remember playing a Fire Emblem clone on the PC that couldn't use a controller and KB+M is just an awful interface for the genre.

That's pretty much just Alpha Gaiden/Z1 all over again though. This one is a La Gias style realm, so expect shit that will easily slot into OG.

Also Baran Doban's theme is awesome, even though he's literally a nigger kike.

All I care about is Big O, what games have Big O aside from D.

The Z series.

OP please

Big O is really important in Z. Mostly in 1 and 3 (both parts).

Mecha SRPGs are the best games of all time. But I wish Bamco would die a fiery death.

South East Asia

Basically "English" releases are just the ones for like china and whatnot

I can dream.

Any of them have Big O AND G Gundam?

How bad is the engrish version of V

It's good, a few odd misspellings here and there.

Also

why live?

How? It's literally just "push up and down on the D Pad" what on Earth is clunky about that?

Oh that crap. Nah, like everyone else on Holla Forums, I play games in original language.

No ;_;

Most people on Holla Forums seem to scramble for any type of EN release as so long as it's not (((localized)))

I have a vita and I've got basically just GB3 and V for it though I might get a PS4 for G breaker 4

>Most people on Holla Forums seem to scramble for any type of EN release as so long as it's not (((localized)))
I think for a lot of actual Holla Forums users it's a holdover, someone did a poll that found that over 70% of Holla Forums was at some stage of learning Japanese, and when you factor in how much of Holla Forums nowadays is shitposting Goons and shills for the (((Western industry))) it paints a pretty clear picture of how disillusioned with English versions of Japanese games the dedicated gamer is. For my part, playing anything translated is pretty cringe-inducing at this point because I can tell when they're making shit up since it's stuff that there's no way was in the original.

SPEAKING OF ROBOT GAMES

NEW G BREAKER ANNOUNCED AND RUNNING ON UE4

G-reco is going to be the real treat of the game.

I'm not saying it's clunky
Just clunkier than a M+KB which would make the movement of units and equipment phase lightning fast.

Better version.

I fell like they are probably waiting on Devloution to finish since Armageddon is getting milked to death.

They could easily have used New. It was only used for Neo and it fits with the fantasy theme.
I think they are mostly recycling the roster of the last game because Nadia and Wataru were a giant pain in the ass to get

>I think for a lot of actual Holla Forums users it's a holdover, someone did a poll that found that over 70% of Holla Forums was at some stage of learning Japanese, and when you factor in how much of Holla Forums nowadays is shitposting Goons and shills for the (((Western industry))) it paints a pretty clear picture of how disillusioned with English versions of
Oh you're that faggot. The one who saw a shitty poal.me with the tiniest fraction of the userbase, something like at the ~110 when Holla Forums at it's peak and decided every option that wasn't just the "i know it already" option was goons, redditors, and shills. Yeah, ok.

How are these games? I like the idea of building custom suits, but the gameplay looked kind of slow.

Pretty fun for a button masher but it gets repetitive and in 3 at least the levels tend to drag on the further you get. The customization is pretty great though, tons of little things to bolt onto your suits.

Yeah OP that game seems cool and all but
IS IT LEWD?

If even a fraction of /m/ fags could read moon runes then Super Robot Wars would be talked about more because only a fraction of those games are properly translated.

Is this an actual screenshot from the game? Why does it look like a PSP title?

What engine did the old ones run on and why did they downgrade to Unreal?

That's not how you spell Wataru

Gonna have to disagree, I find KB+M far clunkier than the control scheme the games uses.

This, 2 and 3 were vasts improvements over 1 in customization and 3 let you slap abilities onto parts meaning you could have a stock Zaku II with an I field and a Trans am

I forget, but it was for those games IIRC

Its made for the vita as well so yes.

So they went from a custom engine to a generic Doomclone engine? That's unfortunate. Hopefully it's still good.

More accurately, it's made for the Vita primarily with a PS4 port in all likelihood.

s'alright
it's no Endless Saga

It's made as mecha fanservice first.

The early plot of Alpha Gaiden is literally

"Marimeia army tries to use nukes to strong arm the Titans into giving up the Macross but it falls through when the Preventers arrive but everything gets fucked when a big bad shows upo and the heros are thrown into a possible future that worries Char so hard he wants to drop axis on the earth to kill the ancestors

And then Shu shows up because fuck you.

Honestly that's the best way of describing the final boss of the hard route.

It's just "I'm here because fuck you"

Alpha Gaiden had a nice story

Fuck X-Omega…when you have FUCKING IDOLMASTER in an SRW before the Brave Series, before Red Baron, before Govarion, before Mospeada, before Mellowlink and Dougram and before Dairugger XV..you're priority is skewed.

Yeahh..still, no SHIT, no SHIT Destiny and no Gundam "We swear this is not Gundam Wing" 00 is still OK in my book

wtf but I like Gundam 00
Am I wrong?

Bah..fuck Devolution. Made by the same chucklefucks who turned Ultraman into a guy in power armor instead of a 50 foot giant. First chapter? Ryoma Nagare made into those loner edgelords you see in modern anime.

yes you are, now fuck off

Devolution is made by the guy who made linebarrels of Iron, a ok series but Devolution just doesn't work. Almost as bad as darkness which has literal /ss/ in it

Doesn't work is right. When you fuck up Ryoma Nagare (even the watered down 70's anime made him ballsy as fuck, scared of high dives? Bungee jump of a rope bridge to simulate the dive so he can be rid of that fear), you just fuck up big time.

It's weird but I like toei and manga Ryouma better than the CHANGE! GETTER! version (Which is actually another character and Imagawa being Imagawa).

Reminder no matter what Musashi is a true hero

And by the by, same guy who made Linebarrel of Iron also fucked up Ultraman. Turning a Space Opera Kaiju battle series…into some street level adventures. Because when I think Ultraman, I fucking think discount Kamen Rider.

He is our hero…and you see Gainax? That's how you do a death scene.

Never realy sat down to watch ultraman or any tokusatsu outside Zyuranger because it was bastardized to make MMPR which I remember seeing as a kid

S1 was great, S2 was a worse Zeta, and the movie had problems, but it also had the best beam spam in the series. A lot of people like Endless Waltz when it was basically a worse Trailblazer.

Man, if only the rest of Shin Getter could keep that level of quality. Also, New Getter in SRW when? It'd fit great with X too, what with that whole time travel thing.

Man, you must really have a hateboner for EW if you think Trailblazer was better.

Haven't you learned anything yet?

The purest and cutest

Elaborate

What we really need is V gundam back in a SRW title

I agree, she even has the coolest Infinity Calibur.

They both follow essentially the same plot, but Wing has the problem of featuring Relena in the leading spot, whereas Trailblazer relegated Saji and Mareena to cameos. They both have nice animation and non-sensical plots, so it's a close race either way, it just depends on the characters, which I prefer in 00.

Yeah but Trailblazer wasted the aliens
and Endless Walts had better designs

00 has sillier names, though. I'll never get over Reconquista in G though, the president of Ameria is named
ZUCCHINI NIKKINI

Could be worse…could be Natora Einus. Yes, there was a Captain Einus.

Or Neo Getter…I mean, who wants to see Shin vs Neo version of Texas Mack and its pilots broken Japanese…we all do!

It's much faster to select units by using L and R to cycle quickly through them than to move the mouse around physically, same with a simple tap of the D Pad to move through menus.

Always

Relena at least grows throughout the series and becomes a respectable character by EW, whereas Marina never really fucking does anything ever. As for the characters, opposite here, the only likable characters in 00 for me were both dead before Trailblazer.

This so hard.

JAPANESE MOUNTAIN MONKEY

TOO MUCH HIGH POWER MAN

Wait..do we get to see X's OG unit? Or Masou Kishin's the OG rep for this?

I like the plot and the music in these games so I want to play the English limited version.
I am a bit bummed that EVA and Getter is not in SRW X, but I am a huge Mazinger Z fan and I am excited to have a lot of it in this one. I hope they have a lot more story for Mazinger Z this time.

3 on SNES/SFC had mouse support. I'd say it gives mixed results

Why are all the Z villains except Adobento so fucking good?

I'd rather get a proper Getter Go before Neo. Tell me you don't want to see these guys in an SRW. Just try.

And who could forget the best robot, Beetle T23?

Probably going to be a new OG, hasn't been announced yet I think

I mean, if you don't know Japanese yet, it's better than nothing I suppose, but the sooner you get on learning it the better, because there's no such thing as a good translation.

Gaiou was the absolute best and I'm still pissed that Black Charisma gets a pass and is forced onto your team throughout Z2 and Z3

If we are going to do a proper Gou, I think we're going to need the Manga Getter team too. Though do we have to do the ending where Shin Getter terraform Mars and we lost Ryoma and Gou forever?

Play Getter Robo Daikessen!

I haven't played Getter Robo Daikessen yet..but ain't the Beetle T23 is a playable unit in that game?

You know…we could have the anime version of Getter Robo Go (the anime came first before the manga, yeah, same year but the anime was aired in February of 91) I mean, the anime isn't that bad (if anyone complained about not following the manga, every single Getter anime doesn't follow the manga) so why not have them instead of the Armageddon cast for once? Besides, this looks pretty good.

yes

Speaking of Getter Robo anime, look what I managed to find in my old stuff. I got these as a small kid at Wal-mart, well before I even knew what anime was. I don't remember at all what the dub quality was like, and I have no VCR to play these on, anymore.

Oh, and imagine my surprise when I see Getter Robo G for the first time and realized I had seen that robot before.

I know that the US got Getter Robo G as Starvengers as part of the Force Five and Shogun Warriors deal..didn't know about Roboformers. Though really, Evil Empire is pretty generic given that they were called the Thousand Demon Empire. At least the got the Darius Empire right.

"Demon" was probably a no-no word.

At least give it a unique name. Evil Empire sounds generic as hell.

You're asking this of the guys who put "star" in every single episode title of theirs.

Yes..he couldn't just slap star into the baddie group name? You know Evil Star Empire..or Starevil Empire?

That last one just looks like Stareville Empire.

Now that I think about it, how the fuck did I end up getting the two named "Star Attack" and "Star Defense"?

At least it's something over Evil Empire. I mean, I dunno, the US can come up with cool villain names…yet sometimes we get duds like this.

Actually, Star Attack is the last of the Robo Formers series…and the only one that is a redub of Gaiking. The rest are all redubs of Starvengers..which is a redub of Getter Robo G.

That's not the same Black Charisma, Z1's is Ji Edel, there is no Black Charisma in Z2, and Z3's is Suzune, who only trolls using the term.

I know that's their excuse, but I don't buy it, and it's bullshit he gets to be a good guy, but people who really did nothing wrong like Schwartz and Gym just are forced to be the bad guys and if you want to get technical, Elgan Rodick was ADW's, since he was Ji Edel's ADW-self.

Yeah, how are they going to explain a series that is set in the far future of UC…with other UC series?

When was the last time we Beltochika's Children units in an SRW? Alpha 2?

It takes place in a parallel world the licensed series get teleported to ala La Gias.

But Elgan never uses the name Black Charisma, his alter ego is Boatman. Obviously Ji runs around in his Charisma mask and h Suzune uses it as a screen name in the beginning of Z3 as an extremely obvious foreshadowing of her real identity.
Gym was treated as a minor pest until the tried to destroy the universe (Tree of Life), but he apparently survived that to come back in the special disc so that's okay. Schwartz was manipulating the negative aspects of the Origin Law to attack people and thus had to be put down.

However, the various Ji Edels were proactively working to get out of the Greater Singularity caused by Sol and is hilarious, so I can't stay mad at him.

And to be fair they've already done that a bunch of times, Alpha Gaiden and Z have Turn A and Zeta/ZZ/Victory, I believe, and Z has all Turn A the way up to Unicorn (which happens at the same time as fucking Char's counter attack). In both cases they get around it via timeline or dimensional nonsense.

Yeah but at least Turn A in Alpha Gaiden is Time Travel and in Alpha Zanscare and the Crossbone Vanguards are part of the Jupiter Empire.

Yeah, anime Getter Robo Go gets a lot of hate for some reason.

Bumpin w swank newtype music

If you haven't watched Vifam do so If you're a faggot and don't 3want to torrent, the entire show is on jewtube with no edits or audio alterations, it's just an upload of the existing subbed version

80's mecha always have good music, do they?

I'm glad Galient got into a SRW game finally with BX

That's my nigga.

Do you remember….that old lullaby?

These are some top tier openings, but there's really no beating this one.

There is one, the greatest op of them all. That is of course GODMARS

They blow all the budget in the intro…

Like to refute you on that…

They blew all the budget on the 1st quarter of the intro which is why it repeats animations like six times.

And that's why Godmars Doesn't Move

SRW threads are always the best threads on Holla Forums

It always is.

If this was in an SRW..hope it's with G Gundam.

I had never heard of the brave express prior to V and now I want to see them return for more SRW games.

Also Kamen Kamen is welcome in any SRW so long as he brings that sweet fucking tune with him.

He can be annoying though in Alpha Gaiden..but he did something good in that game too. He killed Dekim Barton. Also, you should take a gander at the Brave series in general.

You are right. I am currently learning Japanese, but it will be a while until I can play a game in Japanese. These English versions will have to do until then.

fag

J Decker is cool, just please get rid of Might Gaine. Wouldn't mind an HD Gao Gai Gar, but it's had a few turns so far. Maybe do a double feature.

That's how I played W, and while it was fun trying to sort out all the plot twists from smatterings of characters I could understand coming out of character portraits I didn't recognize, it wasn't very coherent. Let's just say I didn't learn much about GoLion from that playthrough.

Why get rid of Might Gaine?

Mainly because it has 4 units to play with, and you can't freely combine and decombine like you could with Hyoryu/Enryu/Volfogg,etc. The few units we do get only get like, 3 attacks. Guard Diver gets what, 2? It's sad.

That, and if it stays they'll just reuse it without putting in new Braves. I want J Decker and Dagwon.

If it's J-Decker..you could get Deckard and J-Decker, Gun Max, Build Team (MacCrane, Dumpson and Power Joe with Drill Boy joining later) Shadow Maru and Duke Fire. 9 units in total…not counting Build Tiger (all the Build Team combined) and Fire J-Decker (J-Decker, Duke Fire and Gun Max combined) and if they would allow it, maybe able to save Kagero.

That's just a trend they've been going with in general lately. The Ryuus couldn't decombine or recombine in BX, for instance, with Genryuujin and Gouryuujin being limited to a single combo attack rather than full separate forms. That said, I do want J-Decker and Fighbird in quite badly, but I would much rather they make space by dropping Geass or Ange than Might Gaine or GGG.

PLEASE YES and hey, they let us save Black Gaine, you never know

Yeah, Fighbird would've fit well in an SRW..been watching 13 episodes in and I can see some interaction with Dr. Jango with other villains..like him hijacking the Nobel Prize ceremony…only to realize that other mad scientist Super Robot villains are doing the same or the episode where he had the Draias goons drill underground to start volcanic eruptions could be the thing that woken up Dragonsaurus.

Someone mentioned Dagwon

Good shit, covers a bunch of braves songs gonna post a few

and the Might Gaine song is blocked in the states
fuck

Next you'll tell me the action menu when you choose a unit is much easier to browse from top to bottom instead of directly clicking on the action.

Either play or fuck off back to reddit

Z2 and 3 felt too easy I gave up with Z3.1

Yeah OP that game seems cool and all but it doesn't have the
GESPENSTA KIIIIIIIIIIIIKKO

The problem with Z2 is that you can buy continuous action as a pilot skill (at 120+, get an extra turn once per turn if you make a kill) while still giving you Zeal and Enable, meaning you can get a ridiculous amount of turns at endgame. Z3 tried to balance that by giving everyone the ability to take as many turns as they wanted as long as they had two combo stars, not realizing that it's insanely easy to achieve that in a single action, while still having Zeal and Enable. Long story short: Kei can solo the entire game easily, clearing every map in one or two turns.

OG is shit

MAZIN EMPERAH G DA

Even if it is OG still better than the OG series and knowing Mazinkaiser's origins it'll get an animated adaptation and evolve from there

OG's decent but the early games severely lacked unit variety.

I still call bullshit on Shorouga or Supreme Z being powerful than the Emperor.

It explicitly is, considering we see the Getter Armada inside the Z singularity.

It is.

Zechs' Ace in Z3 was broken as hell, and even if he doesn't get it again in X, there's a new skill you can give pilots that starts them on a map with Kasoku, Fukutsu, and Totsugeki.

This. I played normally the first time, then on playthrough 2 fucked around by letting Kei rape everything.

Thats because outside the supers there were so little.

I'm glad Huckebein and Grungst got into SRW V

Little is right. Nowadays there's a lot of focus on reals for the OG mechs.

It's really tragic, especially when you consider how much better their Supers are, like Rushbird and Falsaber.

Or the Valcazard

Nah, man, Valguard is the realest nigga in that game.

How so?

He's got the coolest dynamic kill with that big punchy attack he does as his finisher. I like Valcazard and all, but a bow isn't quite as cool.

But it's a bow that turns into a sword…and the Valcazard can split into 6 or 7 different version of itself.

We never get to see it's other weapons tho, I just can't wait till we can see it flex it's muscles in OG.

Just…just don't nerf'em in OG is all I'm saying…and Mist Rex stays the hell away from OG.

OGverse version of Break The World happens because of Mist's immense and unstoppable hatred of the Earth

Please tell me it's a joke…

I was joking, but I could see it happening.Alternatively, Mist in one universe DOES destroy the Earth, and that sin casts him into the Infinite Prison to eventually become Asakim Douwin.

Asakim can't be anyone but Masaki. Aside from the fact that he is piloting a black Cybuster, and his name being an anagram, the hints they keep dropping about Cybuster running on negative nen now that it's spirit is gone, and how it will be VERY BAD should the negative nen build up in it, which Shu is very coy about the details on, really seal the deal.

Well remember that Asakim is a reconstruction of Shoruga's original pilot. I have no idea how break the world will work in OG though. Only idea I have is that it'll probably start with the Granzon's gravity engine getting smashed somehow.

Guys..guys..the new trailer just dropped

MAZINKAISER AND EMPEROR G COMBINATION ATTACK!!

If Zechs and Lelouche keep their ace bonuses from Z3 they'll be top tier again.

The OG mech is pretty sweet. It looks like Demonbane. Also, it has a familiar that will probably bully/marry Chika, which also points to Al Warth being related to La Gias, besides the obvious Masaki.

Yeah, it looked like a mix between a Nagano mech (the head screams L-Gaim to me for some reason), Zeorymer and Demonbane.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Zelguard looks promising, it's been too long since we had a magical OG. The Original humans are ugly as shit though, they look like 00 characters. Hopes looks pretty good though.

Trick Attack looks useful, and makes me even sadder that X doesn't have Gundam X.

Looks like they took out the super critical Boost from the Customize. A shame, but it was kind of broken, especially with Smash Hit.

Oh shit, Tekkamen and Glemy. Really getting curious to see how the UC plot's going to play out now.

MAZIN SOUKOUGEKI

I forgot how hot Nadia is

Oh cool, for the two seconds the Geminion Rai isn't imprinted to Hibiki, it uses the the face of Black Charisma's Lemures.

Tekkamen?

As the one person in the entire world who likes G-reco. I can't wait to play with the units.

The F91 villain, literally translates to Iron Mask.

I guess if you make a mobile game for iOS and Android from a much enjoyed series you gotta do something to make it sell, right?
Just like any getcha game, you gotta make it lewd

Man..too bad we don't have Dr. Hell in this one. You can imagine the hilarity of him calling his army the Iron Mask…while Iron Mask is there.

Shin Mazinger's in, though we don't know how much of that story's getting in.

He fucked Marida when she was a loli

I normally don't care much about the OGs, but Zelguard actually looks pretty good. It doesn't really resemble it, but all the straight lines make me think of the Shaft from Geneshaft.
Shame the OG characters are kind of underwhelming, though the girl's cute enough.

I liked Alpha Gaiden's ending where Judau is about to run off to Jupiter because now he has essentially 3 sisters to feed then suddenly Banjou just drops him a suitcase full of gold bars for a "thanks for helping with project aegis" payment

How's this? Not blocked on mine but doesn't sound as cool as the original, honestly.

As a bonus, here's the orchestral version of Arashi no Yuusha

FINARU BRESTO NOVAAAA

The last time SRW got creative and for some damn reason, SRW never made something like PoD Gai ever again…well, OK there was Mazin Emperor G, I guess.

Another reason why W is the best SRW.

SRW still gets creative you just need to be able to read

Should have ara Kazumi when they did the timewarp nonsense for Diebuster/Gunbuster crossover.

WAIT!

Oh god I didn't even think about the fact that of course IMPACT would have speeches too. Fuck now I really need to play it. Did they ever fix PCSX2 to run it?

Honestly….I wish I could play it but my laptop is ass. Can't even play Rumble Roses properly in PCXS2.

I'd watch her take a shatte

Beat Z3-Tengoku-Hen. Obviously Char's personal mecha the Turn A Gundam and the OG's tore shit right up, along with Wing Zero's retarded post move map attack.
What should be next? UX, Coffin of the End or MXP?

MXP.

I was leaning that way because I already know the story via OGs, therefore don't need to waste and time translating it and motherfucking Zeorymer.

Weep! Wail! And then… die!

Well, Zeorymer and Machine Robo! And a movie accurate (OK, Kouji didn't pilot the Mazinger in the movie) of the Dragonsaurus movie + the FDS.

So…I just found out that Go Nagai also created Jushin Liger and yes, he was in SRW Neo…which begs the question, why isn't Jushin Liger in more games?

That's the one I was talking about

dunno, also Jushin Liger was in SRW OE too, but that game was so fucking grindy.

I mean, crossovers with Go Nagai's work in general but yeah, more Jushin Liger in SRW is all I'm asking.

I personally think it's a crime that we're getting Geass/Ange again without Revenge of Chronos, the only reason they should be in the game at all is as villains for Rom to refuse to give his name to.

That and Rom Stoll giving them a verbal smackdown

*muserus your robot*

?

according to wwwjdic, museru means to choke over or be choked by something
so choking over the robot

OK…that's a weird thing to say.

It's a reference to the lyrics of Votoms' theme song, Honoo so Sadame.

Dougram I found a bit better.

also this
nichegamer.com/2018/02/26/new-gundam-breaker-rated-windows-pc-brazil/

Though the source for the rumor is fucking (((resetera)))

…So, don't believe it?

I'd like to believe

but yeah the source is as credible as a drunk hobo

Got around to continuing my MX Portable playthrough. I could listen to Rom say
GOD HAND SMASH
all day.

is that bird voiced by the combat pro?

it's a meme

What bird? And how far are you in MX?

The bird accompanying the SRWX originals.
Chapter 41, right after the attack on Spiral City

WAIT!

So, I just talk to a buddy who actually knew Japanese…Z was trying to stop the Getter from reaching Emperor form because the Emperor is a major threat. So, no…it's not powerful than the Emperor.

So basically every getter robo villain ever?

Because that's like 98% of the reason every villain after the hyakki Empire wants Getter dead.

Got bored in G Breaker 3 on vita, built a Zaku Half Cannon from MSV and my own personal favorite, the Gelgoog Apex

Yup..Z is every Getter villain since after Emperor is introduced. But consider that a God like Z considered Emperor is a threat…and that's the force that wipes out the universe every 12,000 years? Yeah….that's saying something.

and then they realize that Emperor is only ONE possible future for the getter.

Depends on the continuity. Sometimes the Emperor is benevolent, other times, it's a destroyer of universes.

Not really, the ONLY time it could be considered benevolent is the non-canon manga where it's a god.

Emperor is a sort of bad end, it's survival theory given form and being wielded by humans or something akin to them. The timeline which births emperor creates a earth that is uninhabitable to human life and people begin to merge with getter machines.

We'll truly never know what the end is though since Ken is dead

It could be benevolent..I mean, in the future, it helped humanity spread across space. Though in that one anthology apparently there are other Getters from alien worlds and it was a plan by the real Emperor that exists outside of the universe to evolve certain races so it can fight God.

Damn is there any sort of story guide for Masou Kishin F? It's actually not bad, given how unfair Pride of Justice was in order to sell DLC.

I wanna GaoGaiGar the Gurran Lagann in the face

Could you not talk like a retard?

I don't even know what the hell is going on.

I know y'all already discussed this but
EEH? WHAT'S THE FUCKING POINT OF CREATING A NON-OG SRW GAME WITHOUT THE FULL GUNDAM-MAZINGER-GETTER TRINITY?
SO MANY MANGAS AND OVAS TO CHOOSE FROM
DID THEY THOUGHT "OKAY WE HAVE BEEN PUTTING THE GETTER FOR TOO LONG IN OUR SUPAH ROBO TAISEN, LET'S FORGET ABOUT HIM I GUESS" OR SOMETHING?
They could do their job properly: all the Getter's guns from the manga would be present (either on the Shin or the Black Getter. You could put Musashi in the latter and make him remind people what heroism and heroic sacrifice are). Shin Getter Robo has a proper planet-slicing Getter Tomahawk, a Getter Beam so hot-blooded that someone could mistake it for Shin Getter's final attack, and a Shine Spark that bashes the target to a dimension where the animated Getter Emperor transforms from his spaceship form and fucks the target's shit up, with his army supporting him a little, all while Emperor's Ryoma would be smug as fuck.
Or you could do a Getter og.
I BET BANDAI WOULD NEVER THINK ABOUT SOMETHING AT LEAST LIKE THIS, MADE UP BY A RANDOM FAG BEING SLIGHTLY BUTTHURT, AS THEY ARE TOO BUSY DOING WAIFU FAPBAIT FOR THEIR GACHA
Damn it, I am not talking about a new Daikessen. Bandai couldn't ever do a minimum of reusing a certain single unit from V like it did with some others. You would ever not have to modify Getter Robo Armaggedon's plot for your little fantasy fantasies, Getter Energy explains everything.

Probably can't afford to HD the Getter sprites yet.

Looks like a game for niggers. Hyped for this garbage? fuck you.

Imagine trying to fit in this hard.

Dino Getter exists.

I'm not trying to fit in, dipshit. I'm calling you worthless niggers for hyping a turd.

Show me where the mecha touched you user. Ryusei starting shota?

Sorry for insulting your nigger game.

Niggers can't into strategy user.

I've been asking that since J.

Less fitting in, more like trying to astroturf. Holla Forums has always loved SRW, it's always been Goons trying to turn us against it because of their pathological hate for Japan and manliness.

When will we get L Gaim back though?

Well, we did get L-Gaim in OE..

OE is trash though

Pic related is Japan's assessment of Masaki in MK:F

Soooo…a hot blooded lucky bastard?

First scenario of the game, we get to see the new protagonist with his mech.

Great Battle 1-5 were fan translated and released.

They are? YES!

OK, I like the music already in this.

Well, I guess we know whose route to play first then.

Forget translation, is there a move list for 4? It took me forever to figure out Powered's ball transformation, and I'm terrible with fighting game commands so figuring out CompatiKaiser's moveset is a bitch and a half.

Move list
gamefaqs.please use archive.is/snes/571200-the-great-battle-iv/faqs/58827

Attached: 2.png (1240x1060 1.27 MB, 1.3M)

Here's hoping that Amari's route would start with Nadia…unless Banpresto fucks up and have her route start with Cross Ange.

Kill yourselves for having such shit taste

SRW V eng for vita dumped for anyone on 3.65 enso.

…Looks like I'm grabbing a Vita on April then.

If they can't get Getter…why not put in Geppy X?

Attached: alrightyou.jpg (480x360, 12.66K)

Alright, lads..this one is with English subtitles.

Holy shit, updating right fucking now

You actually don't have to, it turns out you can play 3.61+ games on 3.60 as long as they're maidumped from 3.65.

Oh, that's neat.

Yeah someone tried it as a joke because people kept asking for 3.60 undertale, and then it actually worked. This is actually great news because it means we'll likely be able to play SRWX (which may be 3.67) on no 3.67 consoles.

How are you supposed to play these games? I'm a bit new to SRT (only played both Original Generation games back in school), so the first mission of A already raises some questions.

Is savescumming a given when playing them? Your units seem to get taken out in 4 attacks, so when playing honestly, one miss can mean losing a huge chunk of your earnings to repairs. And from what I remember about OG, extra objectives that the game threw at you could get pretty brutal. Same for later missions, and bosses who could outheal your entire army's worth of damage.

First rule of SRW is never kill any enemy by focus firing with multiple units on your turn if you don't have to. If you can leave it over to suicide on your units by attacking on your turn, do so. This is generally to get under turn limits for SR points, which unlock hardmodes and secrets in most games.
Second is to focus on damage mitigation. Get your tanks support defend, boost armor of supers and evasion of reals. Use evade and defend, try to have at least one layer of defensive spirits up (one of either guard or iron wall/fortitude/persist, focus or flash/alert) if a unit will face more than two enemies on its own.
Third is to save before attacking a boss because those fuckers tend to run at half to quarter HP, depriving you of the best sources of XP, funds and items. Other than that, just save at the beginning of a stage and keep several seperate files during intermissions (in case you fuck up a secret or something. For those, Akurasu is your best friend.)

A is a bit of a pain in the ass if I recall correctly. If you want to start in an easier place, pick J for the GBA, which is fully translated into English. Alpha Gaiden for PSX is also fully fan translated, but not a good place to start because of its difficulty. The two OGs for the GBA have been translated, as has the most recent OG for the Ps4, Moon Dwellers. The two most recent games, V from last year and the upcoming X both had full english translations on vita/ps4.

*attacking on their turn

What about earlier SRWs? I heard some of the early games didn't even let you grind indefinitely, so you had no choice but to be good at them. And I'm not afraid of a bit of Japanese, even if I can't read it worth shit, so untranslated games aren't much of an issue.

Specifically, isn't 4 supposed to be good? Or is it just because Gespenst first appeared there?

And as for letting enemies die to your counterattacks, does the damage you take become easier to mitigate later? I made it a point to only let enemies bump into my units if it was some irrelevant small fry, like 1200 or something HP units appearing in the middle of OG. Plus, I could control who gets the XP if I killed enemies on my turn, a Fire Emblem habit.

You never actually have to do the game over grinding if you're playing smart. Most players don't know what size categories do and thus get fucked. Or don't check enemy barriers or abilities.

You eventually learn to recognize everything you need to play the game and you have Akurasu for when you don't.

4 was the first SRW that I played and I loved it but that was years ago, if you have played newer SRW you might not enjoy the game that much, I mean you only can get parts if you get your robot to a specific locations and can't skip animations (although they are shorter).

Yes, you get more parts that gives you more evasion, shields, armor, hp, etc. You also get more defensive spirits commands, some pilots level up or get more skills.

You can get easy XP for a character with Bosses also, but it can mess up some secrets and SR points.

I can't think of any SRWs that let you grind, actually. Maybe one of the weird ones like OE did?

Good man. Keep practicing, it's worth it.

I think people tend to prefer the F/F Final remake since it ups the difficulty, but yeah, 4 is highly regarded.

Depends on the game, but also keep in mind that supers will often have 底力 (Sokojikara), which especially at higher levels can make them practically invincible when their HP drops. While less reliable for reals, it does boost their evasiveness, and sometimes a real pilot with high levels of Sokojikara can become nigh unhittable when it activates (Votoms' Chirico in the Z subseries in particular is notorious for this, since he has a full 9 levels of it by default)

This isn't a bad idea either, especially in games with Ace bonuses where you want to Ace a certain pilot as quickly as possible.

If you get a game over and don't restart it will dump you to the start of the stage with your gained XP, funds and sometimes kills. Been that way since PSX era, I believe. Makes you forfeit the SR point in games that have them, though.

Oh right, I keep forgetting that's a thing. Never bothered with it myself.

You can grind XP with a combination of MAP weapons, resupply and units that can heal. You can also do it in scenarios with infinite reinforcements I guess.

They are getting really open about how they'll integrate shit into OG. V has dimensional quakes, just like Z and a red, blue and green earth, just like Z.

And they might include the ACE games in OG because ACE 3 has that alternate universe thing.

Already canon, ACE3 happens after OG Gaiden but before OG 2nd.

*2nd OG

No it didn't. It had shifts across parallel timelines, but those were all the result of either intentional actions like Boson Jumps or other phenomena like Axis Shock.

I think you guys are thinking of ACE:R since that's the one with Masaki and Kyousuke and Ryuusei.

I mean, should they decide to bring in characters from ACE, ACE 3 kinda give the door open for them. I mean, OG is going to be Banpresto cramming in characters from their other games (that's how we got Guilliam from Hero Senki in SRW after all). Wonder if they're going to bring in characters from Super Tokusatsu Taisen

It's sad that the only way Banpresto can get Giant Robo in SRW is if they use the original Tokusatsu Giant Robo.

What's wrong with that? Asking for a friend.

Yes it does, at the end of stage 8 they literally say "It's a massive dimensional quake!" right before Soji and Chitose get split from the Yamato.

I prefer to buy overpriced sound edition myself. Not sure if SEA version might have some soundtrack cut? Don't think but they don't have option for jew soundtrack edition.

Also after stage 12 when Tobia gets back, "After that dimensional quake seperated us." It's so they can easily throw it together with Z2/3 in OG. Won't be surprised to see Kali Yuga in there as well, probably as Anti-Spiral's equivalent.

Shame that Zoids appeared in like what? One SRW game? And it's the horrible SRW K. Would love to listen to the theme they used in K again…missed opportunity not to use it in Z or X.

What's bad about K?

Behind in content, comes out later. Translation is iffy and sometimes machine like at worse.

Or just sloppy. "A Super AI will lose to a regular AI!" (the word never is omitted)

Still better than most western (((localizations))). It's a decent alternative until you're able to read the original Japanese.

Mist exists

Can't wait for that in OG.

NO! Mist should never be in OG…ever! I mean, even Japan hates Mist.

That's exactly why, they'll make him into an exaggeratedly hilarious version of himself.

but learning japanese is hard dude

You are a nigger.

See, even this user think putting Mist in is a stupid idea. Mist should've joined with the characters from SRW 64 and SRW 4…forgotten.