EDF General - Toad-ally Tubular Edition

Post them loves, hates, shenanigans, frustrations, and waifu rankings!

100% never ever

Other urls found in this thread:

www65.atwiki.jp/edf5/
theearthdefenseforce.wikia.com/wiki/Earth_Defense_Force_4.1:_The_Shadow_of_New_Despair#Version_differences.
reddit.com/r/EDF/comments/7hcjnp/edf5_menu_translation/
www65.atwiki.jp/edf5/pages/72.html
hooktube.com/watch?v=b3RV90xesZM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Waiting for that port.

I would fuck that

Me too but that's beside the point.

It better happen because I'm not going to buy a PS4 for one game, screw that.

that's why you play wing diver.

This isn't a Square Enix/Capcom/(insert massive publisher) game. You probably won't hear an announcement for a localization for another 3-4 months, and then it'll be another 6 or so before the game comes out on console, then yet another year for the Steam only release.

I expect it wont be until after the two mission packs are released, then they will probably simultaneously release the English and PC port.

I would smell that.

I'M FUCKING READY, GIVE IT TO ME

New bike is pretty fun. You can press forward or backward to shift your weight and do tricks, and it launches you off whenever it bumps into something or you turn too sharply.
They really should have given Air Raider something to make up for giving it to the Ranger, like a tankette or Kettenkrad, that retains the old functionality of the sidecar bike with the added stability and control of tracked vehicles. At the least give him one low level bike that doesn't take impact damage but crumbles when an ant looks at it. I am also greatly disappointed that none of the forklifts can be driven.

Can I get a rundown of everything they changed from 4 besides the giant frogs and aliens.

Stuck on the final mission of 2025 and Shivering Nexus as Fencer, help.

EDF2 maps and missions. Combat and non-combat vehicles spawn on maps. Dynamic weather effects, raining at the start of a mission and ending with snow. Higher difficulty missions more frequently include mutant replacements, new formations, additional waves, and extra phases.
There are more NPC types and they are smarter. Everyone can heal their squad, but Ranger heals more. Enemies now use line of sight and more complex path-finding.
Weapon drops roll randomized stat qualities. that you pick the best of to upgrade your stuff (more weapon grind). Can get weapons for all classes, weighted towards your active class. Cannot equip multiple of the same item, except as Fencer.
Rangers have mobility, healing, missile, and pickup enhancing equipment, or can bring a tank, bike, helicopter, or EMC tank instead. Bullet weapons, except for snipers, have a damage falloff. All shotguns pierce and have better reload times. He can dash using a booty-camera.
Wing Diver has plasma charger equipment that can change just about everything energy-related about her, and a lot of her weapons were changed to use a charge-up mechanic. She can also air-dash.
Air Raider has a third slot, lost some vehicles, robots were improved greatly, Whale, lasers, and many deployables auto-reload, gets Napalm airstrikes and flamethrower turrets, shields stick to vehicles now, gets a tactical view when calling in airstrikes, hunter-seeker Roombas.
Fencer can no longer dash cancel, instead he can equip two items to increase his boost chains and become a fat Wing Diver. Has equipment that increases horizontal and vertical boosts, movement and speed, shield stats, and weapon physics. Strikers and I think Arm Hounds were improved a bit.
There is probably a lot I forgot, especially tiny little details, but overall everything is just better. The only negative changes include the upgrade system being there to add grind and make most new weapons useless for a while, though you get to spend more time with older equipment, and some vehicles being given to the ranger. I don't really see the Epsilon and Nereid as being a major loss though, given that Nereid is the worst helicopter, and he has many other weapons and vehicles significantly better than the Epsilon now - piercing variant of the Blacker is weaker but faster, long range robots function the same while shorter range robots can close the distance quickly and hit hard enough to send those bugs back to planet space, limpet sniper is an all around good long range weapon, and Whale needs no description. Some personal negatives are the lack of Daroga/Hector-like robots to punch, and the inability to turn a forklift into a miniature mobile fortress.

www65.atwiki.jp/edf5/
You can find a lot of the changes from poking around here, though obviously it can be a bit hard to understand at times.

Well until we get a port for 5, any anons up to play 4.1?

triple posting because I forgot the two most important changes. Vehicles can honk and Wing Divers can sing!

Got a webm of that?

This is the first I could find, sorry it isn't better.

Thanks, this game just gets better and better.

Is there anything better than Javelin dashing? Other than being able to do it and not lose a weapon slot.

You can use any combination of weapons so long as they provide both vertical and horizontal boost. Watch the video I posted here
However, there's plenty of good reason to just increase one direction of boost so you can improve something like your shield stats or weapon control. Hell, with a good shield and two shield buffs, you won't even need mobility when you are virtually a pocket Balam.

Any words on loot vacuum?

You see that white ring under the Depth Crawler? Any item within it gets picked up. Almost every vehicle has that ring and some have bigger rings. Rolling, dashing, sprinting, or boosting generates that ring around the player, as well as Ranger having equipment that gives constant pickup and potentially increases it up to 1000% size. Ranger with a shotgun and decent item collection can become an un-killable monster so long as he is close enough to the scrap. Downside is that it becomes difficult to save health for emergencies when it gets too big.

As soon as you start this fucking label you instantly produce garbage.

Anyone have a room up on 4.1?

Well thanks for the info kind user

EDF5 was really fun. Definitely getting it again when it comes out in english. I thought the mothership in 4 was horrific but they outdid themselves in 5. Final stage, while tough, also wasn't as horrific as 4's which turned the game in 2hu.

New Dream C Club game when!?

I like how they added an actual story script without changing the gameplay. Like you see recurrent elite NPCs in several missions, such as the Sergeant troops (soldier in purple/orange armor with his 4 soldiers, one of them being a huge narcissist coward), the Sprangers (arrogant pink wing diver force) and the Grim Reapers (black Fencer melee force whose purpose is to find a glorious way to die in the battlefield) I especially like how throughout the game, you earn their respect

The female Support OP (that makes an entrance in mission 44) is also a cutie.

I fucking love that kind of character progession.
It's 10 times better than forcing poorly written characters with dogshit dialog.

They all originally treat you as a rookie (or a "volunteered citizen"), as you're actually one in the first missions (you are only officially integrated as part of the main EDF force by mission 14, which is 5 months later after first alien contact).

But even then, it's only much later in the game that the real elite troops, especially the Sprangers and Grim Reapers, start treating you as fellow comrade (by mission 82+) and then as their savior/leader on the last missions

The elite NPCs only get knocked down when out of health, and can be revived at 50% HP once you're done with all the enemies though the soldiers that follow the Sergant or GR/SP leader WILL die on the last missions

Hahahahahah

FOREVER EVER

That's different though, Butterlord isn't going to fail to release ports it will fail to release at all

It will release and it will be good you inhuman bastard.

Very nice, thanks for the info Nip knowledgeable user.

Spriggans.

Javelin dashing was never the fastest anyways, blast twin spear was faster once you got into hard or higher.

Aww, no more spammable 150mm.

Now I can't allahu akbike in caves with c70. Why must you destroy everything I love?
POR QUE
PC port when tho

Seriously, kill yourself.

Alright looks like I'll just be playing dead pubs then

Whale is plenty spammable as you get multiple shots before a usually quick reload. Bring two different guns for constant Summon Battleship. There is a low cost single shot laser that you can spam quickly, and some whale beacons will start reloading early without ending their attack if they are destroyed or despawn.
You can still aloha snackbar, just very differently than you would expect. Use limpets or beetles on a depth crawler then jump it towards your target. You could also try mixing that with shields, turrets, or decoys for different effects. I have never tried sacrificing depth crawlers yet so don't know how effective any of it would be in practice.
I have never got anywhere close to running out of fuel before running out of armor/ammo or swapping to a new vehicle.

Somebody get this man a promotion!

Just port it already, Jesus.

What's your Steam bitch.

Just let me know when you're ready and I'll set up a lobby.

If I have a copy of 2025 is there any reason to get 4.1? Or should I just wait for 5 instead?

Let's roll out chunkhead.

theearthdefenseforce.wikia.com/wiki/Earth_Defense_Force_4.1:_The_Shadow_of_New_Despair#Version_differences.

Ok I guess there will be no need then since I don't care about HD and online stuff.

It's up. Get in here you fags.

This sounds too good to be true.
I smell a monkey's paw.

Say something so I know you're not a rando when you join

I said your ID you fucking queerhorn.

Nigger the room is literally named ∞ EDF. Just join it, posting Steam IDs here is fag-tier

I meant your thread ID, a32388, not your Steam ID.

I did not notice, my bad I'm waiting a few more minutes for more anons to join

I can confirm. Nearly everything is better in EDF5, kind of like Rune Factory 4. RF5 never ever.

I don't give a flying SHIT about EDF, I want another RAD which I don't think will even be playable with KB+M without massively dumbing down the controls and I also know that it won't come west since every shitter journo will cry about it being too difficullt or some gay shit like that fuck you.
Now you try.

agreed, mouse cucks don't know what they're missing out on.

Buying it now would mean I would miss out on better controls, an english translation and a constant framerate besides free online.
I'd rather wait while countless other good games.

Like what?

You know the things you hate in 4.1, well they change it to better suit the chaotic gameplay. Most notably is the vehicle mechanic, it doesn't use credits anymore instead its on cooldown, but vehicle now have fuel consumption to balance it out

I never fucking expected EDF to pull this shit goddamn, I love it when games do this.

I want to buy EDF 5 so bad but I don't know any moon and you really need read the weapon descriptions

But you don't. You field test every weapon anyway and getting familiar with what the stats mean takes no time at all. Hell one google search gave me this. reddit.com/r/EDF/comments/7hcjnp/edf5_menu_translation/

I didn't even have that when I played and I already beat the game. It was easy to recognize what every weapon I used did after a field test. Only trouble I had was configuring controls but that just took some trial and error. After I got what I wanted I didn't have to touch it again. Now I'm just waiting for the US version. Though playing with the JP crowd was fun at times. All I yelled was "EDF" and understood what "yes", "no", "YATAAAAAA" and "YAMEROOOOO" meant. If you're good, no one should kick you. If you suck, just apologize and leave. You'll be less of a burden.

whut?

>steam port
>denuvo

My fellow plantation worker.

Every mainline EDF game has been an improvement though, there is no reason not to expect them to get better. Sandlot isn't EA, you know.

Bike, railgun, and turret helicopter were given to ranger. Not as big a deal as it initially seems since he has things that do those jobs just as well, if not better.

Some new vehicles, a ton of little improvements to everything, new and different missions, some new enemies, higher average framerate. There is plenty different between 4.1 and 5 for them to be enjoyable, but you would probably be better off waiting for PC5.

But Air Raider got those too, the only thing Air Raider didn't have so far is the bike which I think exclusive to Ranger

I know for a fact he doesn't have the bike or Epsilon anymore, instead he gets piercing Blacker variants, but I could have overlooked the helicopter.

Anyone here planning on picking up the book?
Also, got any neat little tips, tricks, or tactics to share? Having trouble with a mission and need some help?
I recently found that a good way to counter Deroys in 5 as AR is to bunker up, use spritefall single shot to clear their legs, and whale vulcan cannon to just smash em into dust. Clearing the legs with spritefall is probably the most important bit, and allies will surely love you for it if you use it online.

Tried 4.1 on PC and it's fun as fuck, I'm planning to buy it. Is the online still active? Or is it difficult to find lobbies full of people?

Yes.

ask in thread too, there is always anons willing to have some fun.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE
Fucking Starship Trooper ads in EDF, also DLC pack announce

I am scared to know more.

I thought its gonna be a tied in DLC but its looks just a plug for the CGI movies, I didn't know it got a following in Japan or Sony just make new movies to keep the right to the series

The film was actually released a few months ago in English, apparently. It is just now getting a limited theatrical release in japan. I just finished watching it a few hours ago and thought it was alright, save for all the "Remember this?" moments. As for this, some news sites seem to be implying that there will be some collaboration info revealed during the stream next week. If anything, it just sets a precedent for potential EDFxSST vidya in the future. I also found it rather odd how similar it and Iron Rain seem to be, there could potentially be a SST game made using it as the base eventually.

They're all fucking trash and it saddens me.

how much longer before the EDF reverse-engineers Ravager star drive technology and takes the fight to them Starship Troopers style?

I might be wrong but i don't think we've actually seen a proper ravager?

If only the devs weren't that addicted to B-movie explosions (nothing wrong with that) we would be taking the fighting to the alien bastards, but who knows, they might be saving that idea for the next 3-4 games.

We haven't, but they still needed to send all that equipment to earth somehow.
It would be the perfect way to reveal them, with a siege on their home planet.

If Earth is kept on the defensive it makes it easy to maintain that doomed atmosphere though.

It can still be done if the attack to the Alien Homeworld is desperate and they start getting pushed back.
Vanquish did this well and seeing the marines die in horrific ways by emotionless robots was unexpected to me and kinda shocked me at first.

Ranger having items that improves health and damage of his allies is probably a game changer.

Does anyone want to play EDF 5 with me?
I want to play online instead of just offline.

FUCKING RELEASE IT ON WEST ALREADY
What the fuck are they waiting for? do they hate money?

I can't read nips and I like to understand what I'm actually playing

I meant that for people who already own the game.

I really want to, but my plan was to play the import singleplayer as Air Raider, then PC port multiplayer as everything to get 70% completion. I may reconsider though as my desire to have fun is quickly overtaking my frustration from dealing with hornets on inferno as AR.
Also, does anyone have any tips for just that? Stuck on mission 60 and its just one great big bundle of fuck with how many hornets there are and how quickly they tear through everything. I can deal with average numbers well enough with turrets, but once the hive starts spawning things is when everything goes to hell. I don't remember how I did it on Hard, but I am pretty sure I died just after the mission ended. Fuck hornets.

I can't read it either and yet I understand everything just fine. I learned what everything is and does fairly quickly, and for some of the more complex things I used Google image translation on my phone for. It is surprisingly good at the item descriptions, many of which were done so well I couldn't tell they were machine translated. It is some modern wizardry. If all you wanna do is shut your brain off and shoot some bugs, then you can do that easily enough by looking at what weapon you are holding and making sure its numbers are big. If you want to understand then its as simple as taking a picture and using a brain cell or two.

I haven't. I would have used the free trial if I hadn't already done so with 4.1.
You can't play EDF 4.1 or 5 without participating in multiple cancerous practices, so why make a big deal about that one in particular?

You can pirate 4.1 and play it online
Because it's one the most kike tier moves ever conceived and a paywall to something that should be free.

Sure, I don't mind playing. Could you make a room?

I like the games that I get with ps plus.
Besides how else am I going to play EDF 5 with other people? I have no friends to play couch co-op with.

Sure, I will call it infinity.

You just can't win with video games.

I did buy the game on Steam because that fucking thing works more like a placebo than anything else with the kikes at Valve not trying to lock even mpre the DRM existent in their platform, with their games being cracked day 1 and I want more EDF games on the platform.
But I have a pirated copy as well
Nigger you're paying for online play, Sony is paywalling your ability to play online and then give you digital copies of games that cost 20 bucks and cost nothing to produce so you continue to pay them annually like a good goy while they do nothing while providing a shit tier service.
I don't want to derail this thread, especially after shilling and creating most of the threads in 2015 and 2016 because they're comfy as shit and I have great memories of them, but goddamn son, get a fucking brain and someone IRL to play couch coop with

My bad for not collecting the loot at the end. I'm used to playing on hard and thought they would live longer.

You have already supported cancerous practices and marked this holy thread with the taint of the shitpost, it cannot be undone, you are no longer pure in the eyes of our lord. I am sorry. Your only chance for redemption is to post delicious Pale Wing thighs host an EDF room and prove your devotion with your fellow battle brothers.

Paid online is worse though because there's no way around it.
nigger

Heresy!
Rude!
Disappointing!

I'm not defending it, I'm saying it's better than the alternative.
Are you blind?

Apparently so if Pale Wings and Wing Divers were the same thing all this time without me ever noticing.

I got you covered user.

They're the same thing with different attire

How can mankind fight such atrocities.

Dick unity

So this is what it feels like to get old and see the newer generations shit on everything you fought for.

I said they're the same thing because they're the flying option despite differences in gameplay and arsenal from their corresponding games and I stick by it.
Now stop being melodramatic

Please calm down user. There isn't much good art.

Fencer is a flying option. Is he a Pale Wing now?
Yes. Yes he is. A big and beautiful one too

Flying =/= Jumping

Jumping = Flying if you do it good enough.

I'd like to find a downed wing diver as a ranger and use a attack of opportunity

Poorfag.

Jump Good =/= Jumping

Well, if he can't afford a ps4 after it being out for 5 years then yeah he's poor.

>>>/treblinka/

A PS4 is like 200 bucks, minimum wage in my backwards ass country is triple of that.
I wipe my ass with 200 dollar bills just like Chad Papi IRL and even niggers on welfare buy PS4s.

Buying vidya is kikish? Sounds like poorfag talk to me.

Seems you can't understand English as I didn't say you couldn't afford one, negro I said the other poster couldn't. We have i.d.s here you know.

yes it is. you must be new here
>>>/auschwitz/

And you lack basic reading comprehension to understand that I was pointing out that PS4's are so cheap even minimum wage working class can buy it,
Now fuckoff with this shitty bait

I will admit defeat as I can't think of a good way to keep it going.
Giving mission 60 a few more attempts. If anyone has some advice for doing it on inferno as AR, I would love to hear it.

Thanks your soyness, you just confirmed you are retarded.

How's EDF5?

Top tier taste

Oh boy
>>>/cuckchan/

From what anons are saying, pretty good since it revamps and polishes many of the gameplay and design flaws the previous entry had.
Even pet peeves

Pretty good. It's IFPS+4.1+everything good you couldn't imagine. Can't wait for the port so you all can experience it for yourself.

Y-you too

Wew I didn't know we had Sarcuck of Wakanda here.

Don't let a shitposter derail a EDF thread. Just report filter the faggot.

He will always be my favorite since I've got a fetish for engineering-types with gadgets and explosions. But right now I just cannot for the life of me figure out how to deal with so many hornets at once with him. It has been too long since I fought them solo in 4.1, my tactic of dropping spritefall on myself as I roll away no longer works on inferno, and I am left with only a few crazy ideas left that likely won't work when I finally execute them properly. This isn't even the worst hive mission either, I will be beyond fucked when I get to the one where I have to destroy it. Actual spoilers it spawns huge numbers of normal and mutant hornets at each phase, huge numbers of normal and mutant hornets plus a death queen from outside the map, and two super anchors that spawn fucking spiders and flying drones each at the same time in addition to the hive spawning hornets. This was on hard, Inferno changes almost every mission to surprise you and make things more difficult

Did someone say
E.D.F.

Yeah, they've been all over the board lately
Must have been a really long ban for them on cuckistan

AR will always be my favorite because muh arty and Mechs.
Isn't there a Not Velgata with Rocket pods for you to spam and dodge their attacks?

The last I checked there wasn't this much wing diver art. Maybe I should check for lewds again

That's because those are Pale Wing suits

Don't worry about it.
I am browsing this board on a PS4 so unfortunately I can't read and respond to any posts while I play the game.

Good games. That stage where you hunt down the ayys is always fun. I feel like the Predator stalking around corners ambushing aliens with my melee weapons and shoulder cannon. If you're a fencer, a flame thrower and a powerful melee weapon/striker is all you need. Rip their legs off and hide behind their bodies. The others can only watch as you BBQ their ally. Then you dash behind a building and wait for an opening. The wing diver can do the same but they only have a select few weapons that can do this. Luckly the new weapon I got was perfect for the mission which is why I tore right through them.

Just did on Pixiv. There's some but not many worth saving IMO.

Yeah, I like fighting the aliens and the frogs.
It is really fun stalking them and then ambushing them.
A co-ordinated attack with a team feels really good too.

www65.atwiki.jp/edf5/pages/72.html
Not for inferno. The missile Nyx is now super heavy, and there isn't one of high enough level to deal decent damage or endure the attacks even with posts and shields. I am limited to the last 4 types as they are the only ones with enough health to survive, and hornets are more than fast enough to keep up with the burner, the only one of them with any sort of agility. Small numbers of hornets can easily chew through shields and vehicles now, larger numbers are terrifying things. They are like flying green ants with gold ant damage.

Based vols

Fucking why?
Does it at least dish out more damage?
That's fucked

I was about to tell you to use a flamer variant, I was going to say that that kinda nullifies my advice, but have you tried flying and shooting while using said variant?
Bugs usually have a harder time at hitting you whike you do so, if it still works like 4.1 you have 3 extreme sequencial long jumps before the mech stops for a bit and make you vulnerable.

Yeah unfortunately that's what happens everytime I looked for some.

You can repeatedly jump forever if you time it right, and turn quickly with well controlled thrust. Hornets are just all around more bullshit now though. They can get several hits on the flamer mid-jump, and that thing jumps really fucking far really fucking fast. As is, flamer is top-tier though. It can take on swarms of cosmonauts while barely getting a scratch. Meanwhile, a single hornet does about 5-10% its health in damage per attack.
Missile Nyx is just as strong as it was before, just slower.

How's the new giant robot?

fun

Compared to the old balam?

A shame it looks like shit

I think it looks cool

I love the industrial look but I feel like it needed to be blockier and the fucking flimsy hands just don't add up to the weight of the punches.

Are the janitors Sarg'n of Acuck fans or something?

its more unique which i appreciate but its pretty stupid looking
it looks like a generic mech enemy you would be killing instead of piloting.

I'm not going to dignify them by calling them anything other than what they are; janitors.
If they want to be volunteers, they can volunteer to suck my cock.

hooktube.com/watch?v=b3RV90xesZM
I didn't even know this was a thing until now.