What Will NISA Ruin Next?

Turns out NISA is having a stream tonight at 6:45 PST on this stream.
twitch.tv/nisamerica?utm_source=NISA Online Store Customers&utm_campaign=1093cffb5b-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_02_07&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_3e308e5c3f-1093cffb5b-152294609

What do you think they'll ruin next? Do you think they'll have another chance with Falcom after the Ys 8 fiasco? Hopefully it will just be PC ports and they won't touch anything else.

Other urls found in this thread:

nichegamer.com/2018/01/19/ys-viii-lacrimosa-dana-pc-version-delayed-unannounced-date/
nichegamer.com/2018/01/29/metal-max-xeno-western-release-confirmed-new-character-misaki-flakpanzer-22-tank-detailed/
twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/962168548167569410
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hopefully something big so idiots learn to stop relying on localizers.

Every time. Every thread. Always and forever. Special fuck you as well to the Frogcucks who keep NISA alive.

I like the Asia release way of doing things. Much faster release that's going to be on par with or better than most localization companies (unless it's something like one of the SRW games which was simply awful though SRW V's was passable) while having JP voices and no censorship for the most part. The only problem is if a game has a lot of paid DLC but I seriously hope no one here pays for DLC like that. I think the only DLC I've purchased in years was 2 characters in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition. I don't remember anything before or after that.

Thanks, I was looking for that.
French?

Why does it seem like NISA is ruining more and more games? Do they blow all their money on whores to get developers to send their games to be ruined?

oh noo

Please don't be Metal Max Please don't be Metal Max Please don't be Metal Max Please don't be Metal Max Please don't be Metal Max Please don't be Metal Max Please don't be Metal Max Please don't be Metal Max Please don't be Metal Max Please don't be Metal Max Please don't be Metal Max

Actually, has NISA ever ruined a Kadokawa title? I'm pretty sure Kadokawa holds them strict just like Spike-Chunsoft

NISA does a quick job and that's why devs keep going to them. Suits only care about first week sales and NISA is good at advertising so they get just that. NISA, however, is absolute garbage when it comes to QA, coding, and translating. As seen with Ys 8, they didn't even want to touch the code with making a PC port.
nichegamer.com/2018/01/19/ys-viii-lacrimosa-dana-pc-version-delayed-unannounced-date/

That was already announced for western release but it didn't specify with who. However, they said there was also going to be an asian release and NISA doesn't do those.
nichegamer.com/2018/01/29/metal-max-xeno-western-release-confirmed-new-character-misaki-flakpanzer-22-tank-detailed/

Interesting. If we can find out who brought over Senko no Rondo 2 then we might know who'll bring us MMX

Fucking Christ Falcom. I'd better not have to write emails in moonrunes for this shit

No, they don't. They say they'll do a quick job and then utterly fail to deliver and take anywhere from 2-6x their original timespan to finish localizing, and do it poorly
They should have a more shit reputation now. XSEED has literally humiliated them by localizing 3-4 falcom games meaningfully, some very old in the same timespan it took for them to do 1, and do it poorly I might add (Oh, and the PC version STILL ISN'T OUT YET)

That was just a meme being spread. NISA fucked with the Danganronpa games as well.

You haven't even begun living, filthy casual. You might as well impale yourself on an old shoe of a whore, no one will notice a difference.

I am triggered.

It's cold steel 3 and that AKIRA fighting game.

Falcom fans better hope the NIS International rumour is true.

Go fuck yourself, I won't believe it till I see it, and if I do see it I'm gonna contribute in the email bombardment
That NIS international shit was entirely bullshit too, as was the "purge" garbage which conveniently came after that false flag article

Probably is, but who the hell knows at this point.

one job, user.

ITS TIME TO LEARN MOONRUNES!

COLDSTEEL 3 BABEH!!!

How dare you give me that image.

It's probably just news about a Disgaea HD remaster, it was revealed weeks ago I think. Maybe some other NIS games, and definitely something they'll publish, which could be that. I do really want it to be Coldsteel 3 though, it'd be funny to see. I want to see the shitstorm, so they better have gotten it to entertain me.

Mon dieu, go get more French lore. You get your Jacques Coustaeu all over my Gerard Depardieu.

Kill yourself, mutt.

Never even heard of this game. It looks pretty interesting.

What happened with al those Touhou games NISA was handling? Besides fucking up Showmeyourmoves catchphrase I haven't heard anything else and looking through their website and Sony's there's already a bunch of touhou games that NISA has published.

Go remove your own innards with a steelpipe, faggot.

You can buy touhou games? I thought they're just games you download from the internet for free absolutely legally. There was even a shitty touhou fighting game I've downloaded 5-10 years ago (hard to tell), and it was freeware.

You mean the fangames that got ported to console for whatever fucking reason? Yeah, apparently NISA got their grubby hands on them, and if ZUN is smart he'll avoid them like the plague.

the actual zun made touhous and the fighting games made by tasogare frontier, those are always paid

Sorry should have been more clear. Yes I meant the fan games ported to consoles. Has any news come out about the translation quality or other standard NISA game breaking bugs.

Why the fuck hasn't someone firebombed the NISA offices already?

<

Go to sleep, cianigger.
You are drunk and on wrong board.

Ok then. The fighting game was absolutely shit so it might've been a fangame because I can't see anyone sane paying for something this bad. It did however have decent spritework so maybe it was either the real deal or real autism. The shmups likely were fangames.

Who cares? You shouldn't be buying NISA games regardless.

I swear to god you better not be talking shit about Soku nigger. I will beat you silly.

That game is godly. Deserves to be front and center at EVO tbh.

Jewgled it and that's probably not it. One stage, which has tons of books laying around I clearly remember, but the game I've played I think had sprites with more realistic proportions. I am nearly certain half of the bars like the hexagons down in the menu weren't there, but the cards might've existed. Either my memory is wrong, or it's a fangame based on it, or I actually played a Mugen but misremember heavily. Still, I clearly remember the game download mentioning it was an alpha.

Its helpful to spread their failures

so, what game is now shit?

Older series dating back to the Famicom. Despite having four main games, spin offs, and a number of ports/remakes, the only one that official came west was Metal Saga (which had pretty middling western reviews and likely kept Atlus, and other publishers, from having interest in subsequent games). MMR for the SFC also does have a fan-translation patch though.

Got to wait 20 or so minutes more

Your favorite game.

why hasn't anyone firebombed Nintendo yet their headquarters is filled with cardboard labos ready to light up

The only way people are going to be beat NISA is if people go over their heads and straight to the japanese companies. NISA is completely dependent on japanese companies giving them games to (((localize))). People need to send japanese developers and publishers emails written in japanese warning them of the quality of product and the dissatisfaction with it when it's released in the west. People in japanese translation threads should help other anons and even normalfags that are unrelated to imageboards send their emails.

Related to this. Spread infographics informing people how to buy the imported games by promoting import websites. Anti-promote NISA by promoting import websites and services. Show the developers and publishers that you still want their games but not in the way it's released by NISA. Encourage developers and publishers in your emails for them to have in-house translation and to not hire anyone related to NISA because they are going to intentionally warp the games' context. Bonus points for encouraging normalfags to do the same. Expect damage control shills and cucks bitching at you for helping the customer realize he has rights.

The next and final way to beat NISA is to go into business for yourself and outdo them. They have virtually no competition. By default they're getting business because japanese developers and publishers have no other options. If someone like a group of anons stepped up and went into real business, they could deliver a western release that NISA could never do themselves. This is ironically the easiest and most decisive way to beat them.

Just learn Japanese and cut out the localizer middle-men.

I thought the same thing for years. Then, I saw companies like Square Enix and Capcom start censoring even the Japanese version of their games to be in line with the international releases. This practice is already bleeding into more niche titles. Olympic censorship fever might push even smaller publishers and devs to censor themselves.

Are you forgetting what Treehouse wanted to do (and failed this time but we won't know if they do next time) where they go to japan themselves and help ruin the games straight at the source?
We need to fight this shit

Can you list off any credible import companies?

Fight it by bleeding them dry. There are no good localizers.

Its starting now

faggot did you not read what he wrote in that post?
That would entail people learning japanese, and more importantly we'd have a force that could fight cancerous localizations and provide some good of their own

They are better off quarantined.

IT BEGINS

I'd say part of the issue also lies in who handles what response from fans. IE: Even if you were to write a letter, or an email, in proper moon to a Japanese company or branch, would it actually reach the people you're aiming it at? Or would it just get rerouted to a NA and/or PAL branch because it came from a western location/email address, with said branch either not knowing how to read the feedback since it's written in Japanese for a Japanese reader, or seeing the complaint but ignoring it and continuing to tell the developer of JP publisher how they want them to think things are going? Just strikes me that not only is there a language barrier to get past, but also perhaps an organization one as to who actually handles what ("west handles western feedback, east handles eastern").

POWER OF WOOD

25th ward the silver case is getting fucked by NISA

I aint givin em views, whatd they ruin so far?

look at all the games that will be covered in shit.
sounds like it is some sort of pokemon like game crossed with Shin Megami Tensei?
all these fucking trailers go on for way too long and tell absolutely nothing about the game
some other stuff I didn't even pay attention to

twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/962168548167569410

At least it's something already in NIS's hands, otherwise I'd have been upset that they got their hands on something else that they can turn into trash.

nani?

To be fair, it was a Vita exclusive for well over a year and only recently was ported to the PS4.

I see.

Even Nisa fags are pissed.

You have no real idea how the industry works whatsoever, and you should stop mining these threads and social forums for opinions disguised as facts.

Are you seriously retarded enough to believe you and a handful of anons can power your way into NISA's current standing? What that user said was dumb. You agreeing is absolutely insane.

that the only shit they got their jewish hands on?

It's the dungeon crawler device and the people who wanted it were Vita owners. It's such a bizarre decision but I know why they did it. Because everyone has a PS4 and the Switch is hot while the Vita isn't. But it was obviously a dumb move with some observation.

I doubt it would take much work to just add the (((localization))) to the existing Vita version anyway. On the bright side, at least NISA is getting shit on for something else.

learn japanese if you care so much. they aren't affecting the original games in any capacity.

You realize that this is why there is constantly a thread up to help people learn Japanese, right?

Step 1 is bitching about NISA.
Step 2 is learning Japanese to actually play these games.

It's still fun to bitch about NISA even after you learn Japanese though.

Care to explain how he's wrong, or would you rather continue shaking with fear?
Where in his post was that evident? His post wasn't in the least bit asking for opinions. Way to give away that you're using a script when your reply is nonsensical.

Someone archive this thread. It's been graced by a damage control bot or script-poster. We're on the right track if they're already throwing damage control at this thread.

The characters look hot. Where do I start with this series?

The thing is NISA has much better networking than a starting company. It would take them a long time to get up to speed and getting bigger devs to trust them. Despite NISA being shit, their games still sell. It would just take a while for them to pick up steam and beat their competition. One thing they can't do is get NIS games though unless NIS removes NISA for some reason.

I believe it got a fan translation on the SNES. They might discuss it in the Vita thread.

He is right and you're retarded not to realise it. You don't only need translators and paying them. You need a company to make game boxes, print game covers and maybe manuals as well as money for it all. Nobody works for free and materials aren't free. If you don't know Chinese and/or have friendly Chinks, costs go up. You have to get the shops to display your games. If you only go digital, you'll have problems competing and you can forget any company giving you any title they hope sells well, if you ever get anything. Only the most niche games it is for now, then. Fags need to know your game exists, just appearing on Steam with 8 other games is not enough. Social media accounts can suffice, but you need subscribers. Who cares you upload videos nobody watches and then nobody knows about the most niche, shitty games you can maybe get? To stay competitive, you might need to have someone port to other consoles/systems.
There's probably other expenses, like maybe an office. If it's all just random anons cooperating through the internet like implied, there's obvious dangers, ranging from one jewing others, simple distrust over money, one fucking up, one being retarded, selling away your work, etc. You need enough people so fags with inadequate skill or bad will are caught and the work has to be rechecked anyway. If more than one user in the translator group is pozzed, you're absolutely fucked.

This is far from everything I could write just by using my fucking head which you clearly didn't. Basically, you need a big budget to really start it off and if you fuck up, the budget goes up in flames. Anons can at best make fantranslations and hope the team doesn't fall apart, unless there's legit millionaires here willing to very likely lose their shekels as more and more companies just open their own branches anyway.

It's not impossible, after all, Gaijinworks is still around, and they have barely any connections to mooch off of since the CEO decided to sit on his ass for a decade.

That goes without saying. But NISA has almost the same reputation as EA these days without being EA and thus having IPs to leech off of.

Your using your head is a big waste because all you basically said was you need to replace NISA by having the same functions as a company. There's pointing out the obvious and then there's being so mundane you wasted your own time writing your post.

I have an honest question. What's it like being a faggot defeatist? I'm genuinely interested in your struggles.

No, it'd be one user taking advice from random faggots on the internet and building his company from there.

As shit the translation is, I'm happy NISA didn't get their hands on this game.

Not really in most cases.

I don't know why people are already fearmongering about muh Olympics when what Capcom and SE did was roughly 2 years ago. It all depends on how Japan will continue to go about this. Sure, some changes will be made, but they know who their real audience is in the homeland, and it's proven by numbers there vs. numbers here (ditto with how SJWs don't even play the games).

Is it any good?

They'll do what they did all the previous times, wait until the waitu piggu fuck off and then stop giving a fuck about 2D muh soggy knees and loli.

It isn't the first time Japan has been in the international limelight. What always happens is they crack down on lewds and start enforcing the censorship laws more strictly (so instead of a thin black bar on genitalia you get lightsaber penises instead) until every filthy gaijin has gone home and then leave the otakus to their perversity again.

Nigger some of us have jobs. I'll just play shit from my backlog and not give these fags my money. I'm not learning another language for this shit, get over it.

Japan will cut off foreigners from their games if people start giving them shit. Eroge publishers already did that years ago after the rapelay shit.
Lots of smaller shops in Akiba won't sell outside of Japan out of spite towards westerners, too.
They don't give a fuck.

So, what was the stream about, afterall?

Misery sure loves company in these threads.

Ask Falcom where's the PC version of Ys 8, just to pressure them to realise how bad NISA is.

twitter.com/nihonfalcom/status/963421834040365057

You'll be getting more game overs than you want because like rogue. The mechanics are interesting enough. Enemies drop fang which is used for passive ability and rechargeable power. You can offer fang which destroys it but you get things like +HP and stuff. There's also a brave system where if you have no "wall" tiles around you crits go up and you get BP every successful hit. Which 2BP+ gives you weapon effects and some fang passives.

And the monsters are cute. Like a cute.

At this point I half expect them to cite insurmountable technical issues and cancel its release. Probably not until summer-ish though, when Ys hype has died down and they have new fall releases to divert attention.

They announced that the PC version was handed to a different company because they just could not figure out how to port it. They also decided to not do any programming for it. So, yeah, they've become the most incompetent company to ever be running.

dont worry user! non of them will be censored if the nips and gaijins get the same version that welcomes ALL gamers!