any anons remember this classic input?

Other urls found in this thread:

sirlin.net/articles/sf
youtube.com/watch?v=Mvv0iAWNowk
youtube.com/watch?v=9pGa9OEt18s
sonichurricane.com/?p=7232
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pfft, trash.

Honestly, I've played a lot of fightan back in the day and I don't remember this.

Sagat's original Tiger Knee input in CE and 'Turbo was a fucking bitch for me to pull off. Instead of 623K it was a half quarter motion that started down-back and ended up-forward as 12369K. I'm glad they changed it later on.

Full circles fuck me up.
Holding down, then up fucks me up.

Can't remember, what game and what does it do?

nope, to be honest charge moves are a bad practice in general, the fact that developers have to buff charge moves just because they are generally harder to execute is the giveaway of this, i ve always said you have to focus on the game strategy and mindgames, not on punishing your hands with mindless repetition until you have perfect timing in order to reap the buffs of the charge moves.
Games that make these moves become instant without charge are a step in the right direction.

Why aren't you playing the best fighting game, Holla Forums?

That reminds me, the "Hien shippu Kyaku" from the AoF characters was kind of an oddity, the sequence was basically db,f +K but when they debuted on KoF it became a charge move, same with others.

That relatively recent robot fighting game (can't think of the name, I played the beta a couple of years back) handled this really well, I thought. You had a decent move set and it was all executed with simple commands, and the fun was in the style of play and the yomi, rather than the finger gymnastics. I was sad it didn't catch on.

For all the problems with fighters today, I'm at least glad we don't live in an era where stupid shit like 686 commands exist.

youre probably thinking of rising thunder.
It was recently given over to the community, after it had been shut down and they were no longer developing it.

it causes you to dash forward to a counter, then redirect towards a KO

That still the input for SF4's Cammy's Hooligan Kick and Fei's chicken-wing kick

You're right. And it's still shit. I like Cammy but I never really grokked her, and that move is part of the reason why. That and the shit iframes on her backfist.

Honestly, full circles aren't good either, SNK usually does it better for grapplers.

I like more difficult inputs

Name your favorite input.

Steve

Holy shit game, what the fuck are you doing?

Teaching you to link a super after a DP? It ain't hard, fucking scrub.

You cheeky cunt

What's a DP?

The act of getting penetrated in both holes at once.

These aren't hard in principle but the extremely small time window to input some super cancels in KoF always makes me mad, because the nips can just make the input buffer a bit longer, but refuse to do so.
I am not fucking ET or Xiaohai, not even asian, can't keep up with shit that fast.
An example of a bit slower but great game that has a big buffer, was killer instinct, and the asians were not specially notorious at that game, coincidence? i don't think so. Same applies for games like the Last Blade 2, where 2 Canadians and even a fucking Venezuelan used to be at the top 8's back in the day.

Sounds hot ;)

I'm just not fast enough to do that shit.

You can try using the shortcut, just input the dragon punch move and make only one quarter circle right after and press the punches. That also work for some other games with cancels like Street Fighter, it is one of those "things everyone knows except you".
This is mostly seen on special moves that have to be canceled very early, and not even all of these have shortcuts.

Can't say that I have. Must be having memory loss

I have no problems with most variations of circles, as long as they can be buffered, but pretzel motions are impossible to me, also when they start mixing half circles with the opposite direction like all the fucking Guilty Gear games love to do, you know that shitty 641236 motion.

It just looks hard. I'm shit at fighters and I was able to pull it off after a couple of tries.

Why is Holla Forums so full of scrubs?
I'd understand not being able to do KoF's bullshit half-circle forward -> half circle back , the pretzel, the charge triangle (which is easy after you discover the trick to it) or standing move canceled into a down-up charge (standing hard punch xx flash kick). But everything else is babby mode.

The trick to that one is easy, just do 623+HP -> 236+HP as quick as you can

Excuse me, some of us are playing on DDR dance pads.

I feel you

sirlin.net/articles/sf

I have a friend who plays charge move characters only. He refuses to play anything other than sf, and once sfv got released he stopped playing fighting games entirely. And I stopped playing too, not fun playing without him.

Stop beating up cute girls

nothing wrong with that, shit is pretty hot actually. Girls beating other girls… Guys beating girls… as long as it involves cute girls I am happy.

at least it's not a fucking double half-circle forward like May's instant kill in GG.
charge inputs do give me a hard time, but that's because i'm an impatient bastard
also, fuck multi-full-circle inputs

nigga that first one is just canceling a shoryu input into a super.

what's hard about a half circle forward and half circle back? you just rock it forwards then rock it backwards.

I don't get it

I was talking about the charge time and the unhelpful buffers. Not the input itself, ⬅️➡️ , are still OK with me as long as they don't have the charge, the charge time is retarded because its never a standard time between different games, and for example in KoF canceling into Meitenkun moves from his normals is hard as balls to time correctly, if he just had instant charge it would be easy, also his specials aren't even that good outside of the corner, KoF rewards charge moves the less and that is why i think they shouldn't force that grindy shit upon people.

>Doing quite well ranked with running 2 Dragunov

Feels bad.

my dick has UNLIMITED POWAHHH

don't the the t7 cabs have a usb port for pad? you could just use that.

i really hope they don't completely fuck up tager in crosstag

WHoa take this perverted image away you predator.

I didn't know that, I'll have to check next time. I didn't brought my controller here, so I may have to buy one.

Some other comments about Jap arcades

I don't know, in at least the newer KOFs, the buffer timing is pretty fucking generous if you know to hold down the button when going for cancels and shit.

Arcana Heart has some crazy inputs. In the third image, the input may look simple. But that last hit is a 1 frame window. Miss and it does barely any damage. However if you hit it, it can OHKO or deal at least 85% of someone's health. Outside of that game, one input that really sticks in my head is Hayate's combination throws.

Fourth image is Raidou's best combination throw. Ryu's Izuna Drop is something I can pull off consistently unlike this move. And last is KoF13 Leona's trial 10 combo with a shit ton of charge inputs.

found the basement dwelling underage b& nofriends loser faggot that's never been to an arcade and played real fightans

Time for concussions

Is the man in the first video that the guy from Heavy Rain with the cool glove?

60 frames in Street Fighter and old Fatal Fury games. 30 frames in anything not made by Capcom in the last 20 years.

As for Meitenkun, he has a gimmicky of his moves getting better with invincibilty and stuff the more you charge (up to 2s I think). But I don't really see any difference than any other charge character like Leona, Ash or even May from GG. Especially when you can link low normals and have a command normal to buffer your charge specials.

Also, KOFXIV has a input frame counter for the training mode if you do the pretzel motion+BC at the main menu screen so you can understand why you're messing up stuff. Pretty useful for Vanessa's training boar combos. youtube.com/watch?v=Mvv0iAWNowk

Leona's trials are nothing compared to Elisabeth's just-frames and many required shortcuts that are not listed in the trail itself.

yeh but i am sure you can input moves faster than 30 frames with the other methods, plus you don't have to develop the ability to know exactly when that timeframe has transcurred since you hold down the direction.
This is important because
Continuing with the MeitenKun case, the command normal is an input FORWARD and the charge moves starts backwards, requiring you to have a near perfect timing to cancel into the special move if you want to combo into it. Cancel before 30 frames soon and nothing comes out, cancel too late and it doesn't combo & you get punished.

That's mostly useless, i haven't looked at many KoF tournaments but in those few i never seen none of those even coming out. Theoretically the move would help when you are under pressure, but a single overhead or short jump will take care of resetting the move. At that point if you wanted to challenge the jump, any non shitty reversal would suffice.

Also in the second webm all special moves besides the pillow are EX moves, what is your point?
but assuming you mean the fact they are great moves, i already said that is because they have to reward the character because of the artificial barrier they put in first place when they limited the speed of the inputs and increased the timing requirements. My point is that a character should not require these levels of autistic mastery. At the end of the day the charge characters don't never make it into the top tier unless they get super buffed, and that's the reason people ends up hating them, like Cammy.

I don't see how that's any different than develop muscle memory for combos.

KOFs are have a pretty lenient input buffer so you don't need to wait for a move to come to do your next move. You can almost just time at your own pace your combo once the first hit lands. That's how you see all those Leona crazy MAX mode combos in tournaments.

That Meitenkun is a meter hungry monster and a great anchor in the game but his great normals makes him shine on point too. And that's what fighting game are all designed around: risk and reward. Characters who can do insane minute long combos like Vanessa are hard to land the first hit and if you don't make the optimal combo, you'll do shit damage compared to a reversal SCB SDM from Athena. Ralf in '98 barely had any combos but he can do major damage with just pokes like Chang both have charge moves too but is not their focus. So it's the opposite of what you said: a character with insane reversals and almost to no recovery in fireballs are usually charge ever since Guile was invented. It's less about "autistic mastery" than a 100-hit combo character and more about patience and timing.

Look for Lacid matches.

Again, Leona along with Robert in the same KOFXIV before 2.01. And even after the patch she's still really good and easy to use. Other examples you have Ash in 2003, Guile in CvS, Blanka in CvS2 and Balrog(Boxer) in ST Cammy is shit tier in that game btw from the top of my head but I'm not well versed in animefighters.

SFV wasn't released in arcades. How did you expect anyone to be playing it in arcades if there it doesn't exist?

Is it true that NesicaLive2 cabinets are full of input delay/lag for some reason? I heard japs hated KOFXIV version and rather play on places with PS4s and ArcSys players look for the old NesicaxLive1 machines. If true that's pretty bad for the dwindle arcade scene Japan still has and the multi-game machines with online that kind of "saved" fighting games in the late 2000s era.

more girls fighting in public

Guilty Gear PC games have a delay setting, could it be because of that?

Interesting, never seen one though, what would these play?

nigger cats the webm

I can almost see the loss

That's probably to simulate online matches like DOA5LR.

Blazblues, P4U, UNIEL, KOF98UMFE, KOF2002UM, KOFXIII, Skullgirls, 3rdStrike, SFalphas and many other fightan and non-fightan games. But I think the newer ones only have KOFXIV as "exclusive new game" but can run older stuff: youtube.com/watch?v=9pGa9OEt18s
Taito's new hardware makes more money from LoveLive and other games.

slavs….

fix the audio desync

What?

Oh i see, fuck off.

Incorrect….
sonichurricane.com/?p=7232
Quote: Reducing Sonic Boom charge time from 55 frames in SF4 down to 50 frames in SSF4 made a world of difference!

Also Usf4 Dictator's somehow has shorter charging time for his ultra & super compared to his special moves. Consistancy~NOT!