Phantasy Star Online 2

Do any of you still play this?
Last time I checked on team nobody was even visiting Holla Forums anymore.
How things are now?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Fi4tHNmV
arks-layer.com/setup.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A relative of mine spent all the money we had on a 2B costume.

I've been playing for a little while now finishing up episodes 1-3 ever since I heard they would just outright remove them from the game along with the matter board stuff. Of course there are ways to re-experience the story from 1-3 in episode 4-5 but I didn't wanted to miss out on the titles and bonuses. The dark falz form effectively makes any boss fight easier than it was, whether it's good or not. So far i'm working on episode 4 and i can see why it's one of the worst, it felt like some other show's plot came in uninvited and hijacked the game's current plot. I did joined the team for a brief moment at some point but I stopped playing for a good while myself. So i've been playing solo as a Cast Force ever since.

Oh, it's just an edgy Beast Mode. I read that and thought they might have done something fun, like when they let you play as the Dragon and fuck up your friends in PSO if you did certain things in TTF.

wait what?

(checked)
Currently, the game has you select either "Ep. 1-3" or "Ep. 4-5" when you choose your character and log into the game proper. Choosing the former will have you go through the much-maligned Matter Boards to progress through the first three "episodes" of the animu-esque story, but doing so will get you a bunch of boost items (and a lot of trash) per character. The latter has a "Story Board" for episode 4 that was tedious to navigate, but didn't require too many hoops to jump through to get your boost items (and trash), while Ep. 5–which you can switch to by talking to the perverted robot lady onboard the bridge–has you selecting everything story-related from a drop-down menu, including streamlined versions of Ep. 1 through 3.

This update is removing the "Ep. 1-3" mode you select when choosing your character, basically. Which means that if you're autistic about getting all those triboosts on all your characters, or unlocking all the Matter Board-related titles on your account, you're going to be shit out of luck in late March.

Ah, i see, i have a boatload of boosters already, so fuck that shitty matter board.

He dun goofd

Wow, what a beginning of a year.

Since omnibus quest exists, sounds like a good idea actually. You can play a prequel while playing sequel, something you couldn't do with FF14 when they nuked the original storyline/world.

Woooooooo, finally they will remove the only reason I keep coming back to PSO2. What a great day.

You keep coming back for matterboards? What?
Story itself isn't removed, it's moved onto other system that will still give you boosters, fodder weapons and titles if you S-rank combat missions.
You're only missing out on old titles, and whatever duplicate rewards there are, that only matter for a new player, and even then not much really, since they removed trading tickets.

I liked the matter boards as a concept, the pacing on them was awful, but they were fun in my book and they got you to redo stuff you wouldn't otherwise redo since all the good drops are from the EQs/bosses/cubes/not-cannon-fodder-enemies.

Oh god, that's terrible. I hope you guys are doing okay right now.

Anyone still play this? What ship are you dudes on?

To be honest, Episode 5 did a lot of damage to the game. Hero slaughtered and raped the corpse of the decent class balance the game had enjoyed during Episode 4, buster quests give such shit rewards that nobody runs them even though they're sort of fun, they removed the collect file (a system that just gave you a weapon if you did it 20000 times and got jack shit from the boss core) from the latest raid, and they seem more interested in doing collabs with fucking SHAMPOOS than implementing content that won't be irrelevant the instant there's a new raid boss. They've spent Episode 5 scrambling to make the previous classes not look like complete shit compared to hero, and as a result, the game's usually slow content drip has almost stopped. I honestly just log on to do my dailies these days.

I do, if rarely so, mostly to finish off some old ass collection files with EQs and maybe run kuron TA.

This is a PSO2 vet syndrome I'm also having. I imagine for a new player, or somebody returning from 1+ year hiatus game would seem choke full of new content, but there just isn't anything to do if you were up to date continuously except for amassing meseta and spending it on new fashion drop.
I even managed to get new welfrare 14* weapon with less than 20 mills just by buying shit from visiphone.
Players' power creep is insane.

Why not start a new character?

Why? To do what?
I already have characters in free slots to run TAs with, if that's what you mean.

Yeah, although i'm not sure what the old collect file system was, the Hero class did screw things up by a huge factor in terms of balance. Most of the time I rarely kill anything during EQ's with all the fast level max players killing everything in an instant due to my slow charge times as a force and generally low damage. Unless Sega decides to balance the classes for good, Heroes will remain on top for many years to come if the next expert class isn't as broken as Hero.

Is Cirnopedia really dead? Wonder if I can check it out on the internet archive.

Because it is? What would be the point of making elite class if it was just as strong as regular ones?

Why the hell did Cirnopedia change to that gay Fate/Stay mobage?

Good point but it's strong enough to make most classes obsolete except for other classes that hero can't fill as a role. I would say that there should be tougher and more complicated content as a result but I haven't tried out the raids of this game yet as i'm still working on gearing up my force.

Because it was run by a waifufag to begin with.

That is the point that has been popping up ever since I started playing it somewhere in the Episode 2, maybe before that. They constantly struggle to balance it between casual whales market that want to dress up and dance in lobbies and autistic tryhards that want it to be Dark Souls of Devil May Cry games.
Their latest answer was Black Dragon EQ follow up, where if 4-people squad scores 3 deaths it's a failure.
I haven't played it yet, is it hard enough for a bunch of heroes? Or it's too easy?

Well shit. I just wanted to find out which Cast parts I liked back then, and try to get them.

Your best bet is pso2.swiki run through google translator.

user, I've been playing this gayme since open beta, and nothing has really changed. It's endless grind like any f2p, but the enemies are all easy and stupid and unbearably slow. It gets old for anyone after a while.

You can preview cast parts from player shops if you want, if the guy has all parts you want that is.

Story mode is ok.
It can serve as an average single player action RPG, just like previous games, especially the first 3 episodes.
Something most modern online grinders can't boast about.

Looks fun I'll go see how I can play this now.

Don't bother. I think this game is finally past it's prime. It's a ghost town, and with it goes the memories people have made in it.

It's in top 10 most played japanese online games, and there are always crowds of gaijin scum even outside of b1.
It's far from being dead.

I guess. It's just not the same anymore. Where do I even go from here? I'll never get the parts I want 'cuz they're all scratch rewards, and those particular scratches don't get recycled, yeah?

1 - stuff from scratches gets recycled fairly often. Sega always announces when this happens on the player site.
2 - the only way to not be able to get something from the scratch is if it's untradeable (there are maybe 1 or 2 items per scratch that are like this) or if you just started the game and don't have the meseta to buy them from the player shops.

I just saw this thread and remembered why I never played it.
when I went to install it a couple years back, the installer crashed because it couldn't find the update servers and then automatically uploaded my system info to a public pastebin.
it was the shittiest thing I've ever seen a program do short of being actual malware.

Was this with the Tweaker?

also any hentai where the femboy refers to themselves as "watashi" and not "boku"?

Every time I see a PSO2 thread it makes me just want to play PSOBB instead. Are there any areas that the sequel actually improved on from the previous title?

maybe? I was following a guide from 4/vg/ way back pre-exodus so I couldn't tell you for sure.
it was definitely a fan made thing, not an official installer.

Pretty much the ARKS Layer PSO2 Tweaker is the way to go these days. It has the most English support for the Japanese version, and has ways to fix issues.

I'll honest with you mate, I'm never gonna play this thing. some faggot who thinks he knows better than me what to with my error logs has soured my ability to ever enjoy it.
and hey I looked it up, looks like some cunt had this happen to him just the other day
>pastebin.com/Fi4tHNmV
software just shouldn't fucking do this shit without asking.

What the holy shit

so maybe my info's up there without me knowing?

well, when it happened to me years back it opened the page automatically, so you would have noticed.
and you're probably fine unless you've had the tweaker crash on you.

If only BB had PSO2 combat and movement.
Or at least portables combat and movement.
As it is, PSO1 is unplayable for me. I'd rather play diablo 1 at that point.

You are extra bad with computers.
I suggest you to sell all electronics in your house before it explode from your incompetency.

I'd want something in between. PSO1 is janky and slow, every animation locks you in place for days, but PSO2 just feels sloppy instead of fast. I don't feel even a little engaged because I can just space out and press buttons, there's almost no need to pay attention. And spacing out is the best thing you can do, all the flashy shit on screen is made to appeal to the insect-like Jap mind, not the European psyche.

Did you even read that pastebin? There's zero personal information in it, other than the fact that you have an E: drive. It doesn't even mention how small your dick is.

So Portables?
How's that infinity translation going anyways?

That's almost depressing.

I remember playing a PS game on the PSP, but dropped it after a few hours.
Is Infinity any good? I'd probably make do with my knowledge of Jap.

edgeblast made me dropped this game
we already had to suffer through chinpokomons and hero meta so constant shit patch is just too much.

that ain't the point you dumb nigger
uploading logs to a public pastebin is pajeet tier error handling

Infinity is pretty good. For starters, Infinity has all the content of vanilla PSP2 on top of all the new stuff in Infinity, which means you're pretty much getting two games worth of content with it. The plot is total shit full of cliches until near the last minutes of Infinity's "Episode 2" plot, but that's not why people play these games, anyway. The combat had a ton of rebalances from vanilla, so you won't go wrong no matter what class you pick. If you're a fan of autistically leveling and dropping your level to give yourself better base stats, Infinity has that. The only thing the game really dropped the ball with was that dumen rendered humans obsolete by doing everything humans did, just better. Seeing as how you won't have to pay to play it, you lose nothing by giving it a try.

All right, thanks.

You jackasses have been saying that since 2011 when the game first hit beta, shut the fuck up loser.

Fuck that shit.

Remember the guy who was so butthurt about not listening to everyone telling him not to get PS Nova that he kept posting about how Nova was better than PSO2 because "PSO2's server will be dead in six months, but Nova is forever"? There's always someone talking about how PSO2 "is a hollow shell of what it was, and it'll close down before the year ends."

No, I don't remember that guy, and I think you're bullshitting. Who would seriously say such a thing? That's like being all in your face about how not gay you are, and you're going to prove just how not gay you are by making a big public spectacle of furiously choking yourself on the biggest cock you can find.

PSNova is a bad game

Think what you like but that guy happened.

The real question is, why would you even leave the "UPLOAD EVERYTHING TO PASTEBIN LIKE A RETARD" option checked?

So how am I supposed to progress through them as a Force? I can't deal enough damage quick with my scaled down stats solo.

Didn't they make them soloable because of that?
Just run in alone for quick clear.

Is it just me or all of these "Raids" feel like exactly the same thing with different skin and optional gimmick on top of it? They just don't feel different.
As opposed to Magatsu, Profound Darkness and Magisterial, all of which felt different enough?
Is the game too formulaic or I just played too much of it?

They claim to have done that, but if you actually try it, here's what happens.
All because of the scaled down stat thing preventing you from having the firepower you need. Regardless of what Sega says, you still need 5+ people to have a successful buster run.

Oh that's right, after they switched director between ep3 and 4 there was no end of troubles and sub-par gameplay content and dubious stories with parallel worlds.
I just want classic randomized maps, traditional bosses where I learn the patterns, break their parts and attack weak spots and EQs that aren't Elder reskin.
Though come to think of it, magisterial is EP4 EQ and it's decent enough.
Still I want old director back.

I can typically survive a buster quest solo but I don't end up actually beating the castle and it takes up a hell of a lot of time. And with as often as these quests happen over the course of Ep5's story it's extremely frustrating when nobody else queues up for them.

IF they could think up of one way to give this a temporary fix is to have an incentive for people to help other players with their ep5 buster quests and give out decent rewards for helping.

KMR a mistake. At least boss content was enjoyable during ep4, especially enhanced PD, but picrelated is what now happens with random MPA.
The guy is just crazy good at making things even shittier than you expect and most of the time you expect shit, like with BQ which no one plays and, wow, who could've thought, new players can't progress in story because it's ded, model KMR quality! Add to that unhealthy focus on new classes, which was Su in ep4, and Hr in ep5, but at least Su didn't fuck things up for everyone else and made old content irrelevant. Now with Hr, which is master of all trades as it even stole Bouncers double jump and lots of other useful mechanics, all the new and there's almost none content is designed around it - BQ requires A LOT of movement and killing trash which is what Hr is best, also the mobs there have resistances to s, r or t-atk so only Hr is able to bypass 30% damage reduction. The story continues with gay dragon dragons are gay, but this one is especially gay where you need to move even more movement just who the fuck thinks chasing the boss ALL the time is fun? as well as it having more resistances to attack types or different parts which "appear" only one after another, plus you get invulnerability phases to prolong the fight are we warframe now? all according to "How to make shitty boss 101".
Then go small things like FUN scratch and some ARKS cross-ship league which mostly disappeared as FUN crap is 98% recycled shit with zero bodypaints and other actually useful stuff, except LAs, since KMR came into power. And cross-ship league is gone, replaced by 1-2hour autism for 5-100 SG. Also no more QoL stuff like in ep4 except but material storage goy, almost no CFs and you can now grind and trade top weapons…
JUST
Why even fucking bother with the game…

What is KMR?

He's the current director of PSO2 and a mistake, managing to fuck up the game terribly while the only good decisions he's made seem to be holdovers from the previous director.

Google translate confirms he's a faggot.

I played this game and its a piece of shit, go play project gorgon or something that isnt a generic weeaboofest without p2w cash shops

Are you a german?

no, why?

Germans prefer boring work simulators to fun video games.

don't matter what nationality you are, PSO2 still sucks.

bump

Was praying for a better game after EP4 ended. Got KMR, Hero and empty servers. Nobody logs in anymore and I only stay to play dress up with the meseta collected over years of TA. You dun goofed, Sega.

Buster quest is such trash.
You could run planets of hundreds of times and not tire of them, but buster gets busted after like 3.
New director when?

How would you fix the game in it's current state?

and scrap EP5 story to give us back sci-fi schlock

officially release it on the west with cross server option should be a start

There's no way they can do that, what with all the licensing issues. They should just pull a Granblue, but that's also probably more complicated than it seems.

That would ruin it completely. Kill yourself.

I don't know if it affects the base game or not. If the took a bunch of kodemonkeys off the main team to maintain it, then yes, remove it and pour resources back into the main game.
Otherwise still remove it and pour additional resource into the main game.
XQs are perfectly fine and should not be touched.
Maybe add new ones, or deeper floor to existing ones with level 80 enemies and what not, but don't mess with existing floors.
That shit should either be removed or be completely redone. As is now it might as well not exist.
I disagree. You already barely have time to do dailies or some catching up with EQs popping every 2 hours.
I'd rather have them similar to XQs where you need to spend keys/triggers to run them, but make those triggers permanently available somehow, and not through some events that you may or may not catch on. Fuck maybe reward triggers for stones dropped on level 80 XQ or something.
It can tie in to my previous suggestion. Since you can grind for triggers and run them at your own leisure, you can complete CFs at your own leisure as well.
Make them not time-limited themselves, but rather put time limit on execution of CF, so if you fail, you can just start from scratch, but always have CFs available to you.
I don't really care, it's not much different than EP3 that also was more or less medieval magic war with dark gods pulling the strings or whatever.
PSO2 story ended with EP3 either way, all we're having now are side-stories at best, some shitty fanfics at worst.

1. Bring back old style of randomly generated maps with two floors following slightly different patterns and last floor having a boss.
I don't care if it would be castles, battlefields, some new planets or tokyo sewers, just use the old fucking system.
2. Bump up the difficulty without inflating stats. Give shield-bearing enemies parrying mechanic back, make wolf-type enemies aggressive across the entire game, not just in UQ. Make enemies aggressive in general.
Give old bosses new moves, so they could deal with new classes and power creep. You know how Esca Ragnus can knock down airborne players above it? Give it to Dark Ragne. Stuff like that.
3. Make some endless survival mission. Something like XQ, but fucking endless, not looping, with the deeper you go, the harder modifiers there are, but better rewards, so you can pull out early or keep going and risk your shit.
Let it continue from the level you last finished at, but make it reset if you die.
4. Revise automate mechanic. Either make lengthy PAs cancelable or give them auto guard frames like Fi has or give automate equivalent to all classes, so you could free yourself from Hu subbing forever.
5. Introduce moving hands.

Wasn't this supposed to have an english version like 8 years ago?

How so?

It does have an english version but not for filthy gaijin piggu.

After some consideration I have decided to install this game.
Any tips for beginners? I have no idea what I am about to get into.
The main reason why I'm interested in the first place is because I just want to chat with Japs and improve my language skills.
And maybe have some fun.

Loli ass so people see this post.

That's not loli
Don't fuck up mag, choose one stat to max (s/r/t-atk), feed it shit so only one stat rises and use furniture to lower other stats before the bar is filled

I'm still deciding on what class to go for, but I definitely want to make a newman.
What I want to know is if I can just pick whichever class I want or is there a chance of fucking myself over hard with a bad decision?

Also, what are some good ships to play on?

All right, loli enough now?

Elite Classes that are stronger then base classes are the death knell of modern MMOs unless you go adopt FF11/14's model of "switch to any class and level it up with the same character".

The difference between FF11 and PSO2 is that the emphasis is NOT on having a balanced party, it's an action RPG style with focus on DPS only, every class is based around different styles, yes, but all of it is DPS with some twist or positioning advantage that impacts damage based on range.

Hunters do the straight most at a poor range, Rangers do less but can attack from any range and easily target specific areas for better and consistent damage, and Forces have variable spells from which to choose from that have a multitude of elemental types, damage and ranges. There is no "tank", there is no "healer" outside of Forces because you're supposed to dodge and weave and supply your own healing through items, if you NEED a Force on your team you're bad at the game.

This is why an Elite Class is a fucking horrible idea for PSO type games. Something that has different mechanics but is simply all around stronger all around with no downsides means there's no point to using any other class, and variety is the spice of life in a DPS fest like PSO.

Back in the Universe era, class decided weapon choice, but on top of that it gave extra race options for damage and stat leans. Humans had weapons variety and summons (unique because they could do ANYTHING well, great for beginners but most other players played Newmans, CASTs and Beasts because they specialized), Newmans had magic and summons so they were great support, Beasts did great with Melee but fucking sucked with everything else and had a special transformation they could pop into that did fuckhuge damage per strike, Casts were better at Melee and Guns then humans but sucked at magic and instead had weapon platform supers that functioned as a big attack for fuckhuge damage, and the last new race, Deumans were better then anyone else at every weapon, BUT DIED LIKE A FUCKING BITCH if they ever got hit, and their super mode was great, but compared to the sheer damage Beasts and CASTs had during theirs it didn't do much but add dodging tools that moved across the battlefield quickly.

When they introduced a super-race/class in Infinity, they gave it a GLARING flaw so that only the best or the git gud players could get the most out of them in the end. PSO2 didn't do shit to make the Heroes viable instead of dominating.

That's exactly the case with PSO2. You can level all your classes on one character.
Do I need to read the rest of your post?

You can pick whatever class you want. Not only can you switch whenever you feel like it, you'll want to do so eventually in order to unlock Hero. There are basic tutorials for all classes at the quest counter, so pick whatever sounds good and give it a shot.

No beginner guide is going to tell you that, and you'll hate yourself if it turns out you like the game and several weeks/months pass and you haven't touched the crafting system yet. In your room, do the crafting dailies. The tooltips don't make it clear, but the NPC clients supply all the required materials. Not only you get various materials as rewards, it helps you level up the crafting skills entirely for free. Custom techs and PAs are usually a direct improvement. Timed abilities can be pretty good, some people create units with drop rate bonus to farm seasonal quests and collection files.

Crafting is completely outdated and outclassed at this point.
The only thing you might want are limited abilities, and even those are trash. And you always can just order it from some nips, and it will cost you exactly the same as if you did it yourself, minus months/years of grinding and money sinking.

All right lads thanks for the help.
I have no idea what I am doing, but I accepted a bunch of requests.

By the way, can I actually play the first 3 episodes? Some people have mentioned in the thread how you're able to pick 1-3 or 4-5 when creating a character, but I never got that prompt.
Anyway, this thing looks fun although a little overwhelming at first.

Also, rate. How generic am I?

White haired generic loli is THE most common character type in game.
If you don't have a prompt, then it's either removed or I don't know.
Play omnibus quest instead, it's available from this floating girl on your bridge. It's basically compressed EP1-3 story with all important and unique fights.

I've tried getting this game to work so many times now but i can never get it to connect and log into the servers. Does anyone have a step by step guide to get it to work, because I cant read moon nor can I find any guides.

These wings look like shite.

Well, fuck.
Maybe I'll make a new character and see how she turns out.

That girl is not on the bridge yet, so I might need to unlock her by doing other quests first.
Anyway, thanks for the tip.

arks-layer.com/setup.php

That is what I used.
You'll have to get the tweaker as well if you can't into moon.

ty, that site helped