DoW3 is finally shutting down

DoW3 is finally shutting down.
Is it party time ?
or should we be affraid of seeing DoW's series die forever?
archive.is/rnLfA

>While Dawn of War 3 has a dedicated player base, it didn't hit the targets we were expecting at launch, and it hasn't performed the way we had hoped since. It's been tough for us as professionals who want to make great games for our players, and for us as people who care a lot about what we do.
What a bunch of assholes.

i do not even know if Trazyn would like this pile of shit in his collection

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DirectX_12_support
twitter.com/VancityBuzz/status/938227776477368321
twitter.com/InsideBBI/status/959247809391116289
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck Relic, I hope they all die in a fire.

the lead dev or chief of the project left to join capcom vancouver. the same studio who previously ruined the dead rising franchise with DR4 … so a fiting end for him… i guess.

Relic got what they deserved with DoW 3, if this AoE project they are on goes badly then it's probably over for them.

Didn't this just come out like a year ago?

Bitches makes shit
Bitches get slit

And now it's dead. A shit end for a shit game.

yes and it failed harder than lawbreaker

Jesus, when will GW ever give 40k to a proper dev?

Let's be real here. It's been dead since it's came out. This is just relic dumping the body into a landfill.

They did. Look what happened :^)

Rock dweller here, what did they do to fuck it up?

Well deserved for this moba shit game

Good.

They give the rights out to shit devs so they can keep the ip to themselves.
Whenever people say "gib 40k gaem" they can point at all the colossal failures and say "you think you do, but you don't".

They saw what made DoW good and the decided "nah, we wont do that. MOBA is definitely the way to go."

Well of course it failed! Moba shooters are the cool genre nowadays, not dota clones!

I feel so fucking good about this, I'd sooner see dow die than more aberrations like this. It will either die now or get a proper dow1 sequel

Watch any dow3 match

Included ASSFAGGOTS elements and dumbed down the RTS pars. making it too complicatied for ASSFAGGOTS playing retards and to shit for people who like RTS

even with all the issue BG: armada had, i think they are the last good and pationnate dev working on a w40k game

The game came out a few months ago, holy shit.
I don't think the industry is headed towards a crash, but I think a big shift is happening.

That really makes me feel there should be some "professional tracker" and see which people fucked up, and where they are going.

Everyone involved deserves this.
GoysWorkshop should not have given them the license for this.
Relic just said "fuck our loyal following (that we already diminished)"
And everyone that bought this supported their retardation and made it better for them financially.-

It's definitely heading towards a crash.
With early access, low-effort indie games, muh pixel art, and AAA games being kiked to high heavens the industry needs to crash.
Then, when all the kikes and "diversity" advocates leave to corrupt the next big thing, those that are left will be the devs that actually have a passion for vidya.

It came out ten months ago.

Why in fuck did I decide to read the DoW forums?

Relic fucking deserves everything they get..
It's because you tried to cash in on a crowded assfaggots genre. People who like RTS hated the watered down DoW3 and "people" who actually like mobas found it too complicated and went back to other games.
This game could've been something else, instead it's just going to remain a turd nugget in the big bucket of shitty abandoned and forgotten mobas.

AoE4 absolutely can't be the fucking same shit as this or they're going to be toast.

Are there even any proper developers left?

Oh gee I wonder what went wrong?

Only in Japan
_:v)

Didn't Relic make quite a few good games back in the day?

DoW2 was the first one that people looked at somewhat unfavourably and even then it wasn't a terrible game, just not a good DoW sequel.
I was a bit excited when DoW3 was announced by the actual gameplay quickly turned me off.
I'm glad I never touched it.

CoH2 is the only other blunder (is it?) that I can think of, but I never played it.

Yes, but they always make obscure games.

At launch CoH2 was a mess, today after a bunch of fixes and expansions some would say CoH2 has become at least okay I wouldn't buy it though.

and france ?
Spider studio make correct game if you concider the small amount of funds they get and BG armada 2 seems promising

Wait, why are the Pillar Men wearing custodes helmets?

Can't wait to microsoft to over react to any negative feedback for that game.

Want to know how bad this is user? They gave it away in January's Humble Bundle Monthly and even though a bunch of people got it, it still didn't have enough people playing it to not be killed off.

(nice dubs)
Hi, looks like you're trying to research horse collar, can I help you with that?

Why did this shit fail but warhammer total war was a success, they are both absolute fucking garbage that shit on their predecessors but one succeeded for some reason
Are TWfags just that cucked and desperate for another game?

It's not that hard user. One's disappointing to the fans of the prior games and one completely dropped the ball.

Becase tw warhammer is the only fantasy game in the genre (a genre that tw pretty much owns) and because its fans have no standards, tw fans are pretty bad but warhammer fans are even worse

"Finally?" How long has it been a year? Year and a half?
Never did I expect this game to receive the League of Legends treatment and then the assclown lead guy to blame the fans for not liking shit.

You can thank the journalist who wrote the "50% of gamers are wammen" articles. A lot of suits bought heavily into the idea that they're losing shekels by not dumbing down their games.

Ten months.

You know, the imperial knight pilot doesn't even matter. After all, since the first game DoW broke the lore completely.
What DOES make me mad is how they promised it'd be back to the DoW1 formula and then pulled this shit. And because publishers only care about the inmediate revenue a game makes, Relic's going to bite the curb now.

Then again, this was long coming even before THQ went under. Doesn't make me less mad knowing that. but at least we know shit was coming.

Trannies, nu-males, feminists, shitskins making a video game

What could possibly go wrong?

Total Warhammer didn't shit on its predecessors as much as DoW3 did, most of the major issues with that game have been present for ages, like the overbearing performance hog campaign map and shit interface although it is MARGINALLY better in Total Warhammer. The biggest way in which it shat on its predecessors was the garbage siege battles, which were indeed pretty shitty.
The optimism for this game was also fucking real, Total War seems like the ideal game type for Warhammer Fantasy Battles and there was even a past WHFB tie in game which blatantly ripped off Total War, but also sucked.
On the other hand, DoW3 dropped the ball completely by appealing to neither of the conflicting fan bases it accumulated after DoW1 and the very different DoW2. DoW2 multiplayer was always shit but there are people who liked the stupid SRPG style progression in that game even though the missions were boring and linear as all fuck outside of Chaos Rising. DoW3 attempted to have Starcraft 2 multiplayer with league of legends heroes while also having a "standard" strategy single player campaign.

I wish I could scream in the face of that one dev during the "Making of" video who said that they were trying to "Increase access" to the game by pandering to the ASSFAGGOTS crowd.

I wish I could scream in his fucking face.

They were, all of them, such complete and utter failures that they not only murdered a beloved and classic franchise, but they shot themselves in the foot and destroyed prospects for their own employment as well.

Fuck you relic, and fuck you "accessible to all" cuckdev FAGGOTS.

Remember that faggot's name? Because this is about as bad as the "awesome button" faggot for DA2

All of these are decent and certainly better than Starcaft Clone 40K

ftfy

Vermintide is the best L4D clone mostly because the ranged weapons are severely limited instead of being front and center, and melee actually requires some level of timing and good weapon placement. The challenge items which give you more loot are also nice.

Before and after THQ went bankrupt they had massive layoffs, barely anyone after DoW 2 is in the team anymore.
See

And they didn't just have a good track record, they had a top tier one.
All these games are top tier RTS

What most people don't realize is that company names can remain despite none of the original team members being there, just for branding and that's what happens with too many studios despite plenty of exceptions.

I honestly can't think of any studio that actually has the same people working for them now as were in their heyday.

Never played the 1st one but the second one looks like it will have more variety and depth, plus custom maps.
So I might just get it
It being like 30 bucks also helps

Some Japanese studios, I think. I certainly can't think of anything Western.

If you think Streumon studios isn't passionate about the IP, you have clearly not played Spacehulk: Deathwing.

Game might be saddled with glitches and shit, but the fucking environments are clearly above and beyond what any cuck could create after a corporate briefing on the IP. Those guys clearly know the lore.

That said, I can't wait for BG:2 , and would like SH:DW EE to come out sometime in the next aeon.

This.

That is truly amazing.

You can pick the first one up for like 5 bucks,which is a fair price considering the base game is a bit short in content.

That picture reinforces that everyone MUST check for who make the games, and not the games (or trailers or betas) themselves, when deciding to play one.
And of course, if it is western, never buy it.

Plenty of teams who still retain their core members depite a shitton of changes.
It's when you replace those core members with mostly badly paid newcomers and interns that shit get's fucked.

Theres also the absolute kikery of branding other studios with the same name as other developers.
Like EA, does with DICE and Bioware.

Yeah, it's pretty good for what it is. I expected the worst when I saw that the animations and player outlines were blatantly ripped from L4D, but they were actually intelligent in their choices of what to steal. It was also a bit more boring before, it got better with age, so hopefully the second game will be even better. I'm looking forward to fighting Chaos, hopefully it might present a different dynamic than the zombie-esque rats although they did a pretty good job designing the Skaven enemy types in my opinion, avoiding the stupidest things about equivalent L4D enemies – like the smoker being able to trap you from ridiculous locations, instead the hookrat has to sneak up to you while you're fighting other rats and it can still be deadly.

I want to get swarmed by Greenskins instead though

I think the most obvious ripoff is the ogre rat just being the fucking tank,there's literally no difference
chain gunner is a nice one that's unique though

Greenskins would be great too, but I fucking love Chaos.

Yeah, hard to avoid since the rat ogre is a real Warhammer thing you'd expect to see in the game and they are just generic dumb rats which are really strong. If they didn't have it, people would still be bitching.

is there a side by side credit comparaison?

Who?

No, but feel free to do it with this photo
Also, Hamburguer Helper

well 1st of all: i said
>the last good and pasionnate dev.
The only thing that saved deathwing from a total fiasco is the art and map design IIRC: thanks to the guy who made E.Y.E that trully feel like a space hulk but that's about it.
The way they treat terminator's combat. the way the game feel like "a clone" of another game but worst … i can't really call them as passionnate as BG:A's devs who trully comit themself into what the game should be regardless of the standard of the genre it should obey.
If SH:deathwing was the same:
we would have a real SPACE HULK, a Space hulk that goes beyon just the art and map design… (remmember their marketing strategy ? yea, make sense)
GOOD and passionnate devs

good time to post this again

CoH2 was already a sign of what was to come.

I gave CoH2 a pass due to THQ going down while they were developing it.
DoW3 simply fucked my shit up, I actually didn't want to believe the pre release screenshots and scoffed it off as unfinished footage.
How naive I was, but I simply wanted a good DoW game and RTS after all these years.

Remember when iNcontroL was shilling this game?

It's ten players to start a game and the average in the past thirty days is 8.2… and falling!

i see a guy in the back who isn't smiling
perhaps hes the most masculine guy in the group

user please, the game was terrible and Living Story was so bad it left me begging for Metzen's horrible writing back.

I wonder how he feels now that support has been dropped and the two retards he got to buy the game are going to turn against him.

That image was made before GW2 released and was reaching peak hype. I never did end up playing the game but in early to mid 2012 nobody would shut up about it, while now you'd be hard pressed to even remember it exists.

They can't all be winners, but it doesn't do much to diminish Soeshee's impressive resume.

I remember when I took a first glimpse at the gameplay at the time it was first announced. I knew it was pozzed. I had no hype on this game whatsoever because I knew it was going to be garbage so this game didn't disappoint me on that expectation.

The better question is who would be better the better devs to make DoW4?

Maybe Eugene Interactive?

Sega already holds Creative Assembly, how about they make DoW4 too?

I'd rather not another Sega contracted company work on it, seems like they are pretty Jewish when it comes to some of their western releases. And I don't think CA would do a good job with a game type they haven't really made before (squad based RTS with basebuilding instead of massive battles that are coordinated from a world map). Really, I have no fucking clue who should even develop this today. There are no good RTS devs left.

CA did make Halo Wars 2, which is pretty darn traditional squad based RTS.

Maybe they contact the Battlefleet Gothic guys again?

I dunno a DoW game needs a little more than just gameplay, the sound and visual flare must be top notch to match.

for real, gw2 was a huge disappointment to anyone who played even a little bit of gw1. the bitch in charge of game direction now at ANet went on record stating, and i fucking quote, "i've never played the first guild wars.".

I forgot about Gaylo Whores. They did look quite pretty, I'll give them that. Maybe they could pull it off.

Hahahahaha. Fucking nice. They deserved it for trying to reinvent the wheel with their moba/sc2 twist for the third game. All they fucking had to do was merge the best of what they had in DoW1 and 2, and it would have printed money for them. But NOPE, gotta chase those retard trends like assfaggots and esports.

Better it rest in peace, than live on in shame.

That was unexpectedly fast but I am happy either way.

I hate being right.

All they had to do was make a DOW1 remake and it would have sold far better.

Oh my GAH I can't believe you predicted this dying game would die. Why would you hate being right about it though? It fucking sucks.

Oh really? You predicted that a shit game nobody liked was going to shut down? Amazing

I wanted Relic to learn and fix what they did.

wow

What sort of crazy thinking is that? Designing and programming an entirely new game would be quicker and easier than even listing all the things you'd have to fix to make DoW 3 not stink. Hopefully you're not one of those deluded fags who think balance patches make any fucking difference.

No.

Actually I just wanted them to make a stand alone expansion that fixes the series. Sort of like how the last expansion of DOW2 actually made it an RTS.

How do you guys think they're going to fuck up AoE?

They're going to make it a RTS/MOBA/Battle Royale abomination hybrid somehow

An expansion to DoW 3? Jesus fucking christ user. It's time to stop.

Ok, that's completely fair given the game's obvious flaws.

I still think they were passionate about it, they just probably weren't talented enough/big enough budget to take the needed time to experiment and truly innovate. Of course that's what comes with being a game developer, working within constraints, but I'm more hopeful for a DW2 than a Space Marine 2, which IMO was much worse, even if it was more polished.

All fair points and we're in agreeance. I will say that I still find SHDW fun, though.

This is just beautiful.

I think it's probably best for them to nuke the franchise. In no way should anything be built upon DoW III's name. Some slight permutation of the idea of "Dawn of War" like "Age of Strife" (obviously not that one) that would be more like a "spiritual successor" would be the way to go.

Also they need to make the Dreadnought's voices deep as fuck again. The gameplay webm in the OP was the first I'd heard of it's voice, and it sounds like a fucking teenager. DoW II at least nailed the Dreadnought's animation and voice acting.

(User was gifted Holla Forums gold for this post)

What did they mean by this lads?

Does someone here plays the DoWII Elite mod? I am curious to know if they have more players than DoW3

What tipped you off? The rumor of scrapped necron DLC? The fact that the studio backpaddled and said they fucked up and gave out content for free? Shit like that only happen these days if things are really really bad.

What?

Either Relic is utterly incompetent or lazy.Fire bombing their office would be an act of mercy.

Modern studios have very few or even no real programmers. Any that were employed are fired immediately after the game is released.

I’m sure there are more ♂ boyz ♂ playing last stand than dow3

There was never a official apology

Shameful. I think it reached peak war hamming with DoW1 anyway.

It seems like even the people who never played the first game eventually grew to detest it.

Probably this, that's just how modern development goes for the most part. It's all farmed out talent basically, and the developer is just a husk.

No, they tend to be fired before so they can't get any royalties or residuals.

I WANT WARGAME 40K GIVE IT TO ME

you know all they had to do was make DoW 1 but with better graphics and I bet people would have loved it. Actually a lot of games nowadays would be better off that way and yet they never do it.

yes, this.

just bought game to play wh40k mod. men at war

I bet you 10 to 1 that the new Metro and Darksiders games that are coming out will be shit as well.

The Darksiders one certainly looks incredibly generic, more so than the last ones.

It saddens me greatly that one loyalist remained amongst the traitors, but if he were truly loyal, he would welcome the Exterminatus of the studio for their crimes.

this is the story of every fucking coding project in every company

wew lads

Considering their audience is too dumb to simply play a gmae to understand it I guess they're doomed with AoE4.

It takes half my brain to understand going into the buy menu and getting the AK/M4/Deagle.

Wasnt this just released?

Type of people that need a good bullying.

Around a year ago I think.

Oh shit I was hyped for that game and Fury being a chick kinda made sense so I was up for some hot angry girl action. Then I seen her model and it looked like a fucking drag queen. Fuck that game.

What the hell

>go on to start making Age of Empires IV so you can repeat the process all over again
Everything will be fire.

Friendly reminder the game barely lasted 10 months. Couldn't even make it past a year.

They should have gave us Chaos faction.
Damn shame what they did to that rug.

Oh shit, an actual good idea.

So they tried to dox a teenager for saying it's dead? That's fucking disgusting.

Looks like the Rayman fairy got lost at Blizzcon.

i know that feel, user, i still can believe there are faggots playing that damn game.

maybe since the base game has become free to play BRs and other assorted undesirables have flooded it

Wasn't it always free?

Wait they're making another darksiders? Which studio bought up that IP? From the looks of what they've done for Fury's design I'm not impressed. Seriously what the hell, over designed the outfit, the great fairy N64 era hair and the fuck is with the eyeball centerpiece? Seems like they just kinda mashed shit together without a care and does it fucking show.

Not surprised. They made a fucking moba clone with lite RTS elements to justify giving it a DOW skin. I knew it was going to be shit the moment I saw gameplay footage of it. And even more certain when I had time to look at the trailers. It's always a bad sign when they magically bullshit dead characters back to life purely for their popularity.

JUST

here's what really goes down:

I figured it was more like

They just skip to the hire pahjeet part now. It's progressive!(TM)

Yes please.

About fucking time.

THQ died, and a lot of their old studios went to the shitter, just like Volition. CoH2, muh Russia warcrimes bullshit instead of a good game, then DoW3 the SC2 ASSFAGGOTS game, real smooth Relic, not to mention they got cockblocked by Randy Bitchford when they got outbidded on the Homeworld IP

What makes me the most upset is that the game had great visuals and sound. That's it. It has a shell of a good w40k game. The battles look cool, the major downside is it looks too cartoony. There's some fan mods (with terribly outdated mod tools) that make it a bit more solid gameplay-wise, but it still falls short of substance. The gameplay just isn't good, at all. The only fun I have is playing one of those modded long narrow chokepoint maps against three hard ork ais with two hard space marine ais on my team; it's a shame even the hard ai is easy. As you all say, this game is a complete disappointment.
t. man who owns the game

CoH2 is only good because the Spearhead mod actually turns it into COH

I want two or three studios. Digitalmindsoft and Best Way working on engine and gameplay, and probably Streum On doing all the art and modeling. Have 1C publish it, although there will doubtless be some jewery with the DLC.

I'm sure you can figure out where I'm going with this, but if not, see pics related.

If designed from the ground up for it, MoW would be THE perfect 40k RTT/RTS. So naturally, it's never going to happen and we're just going to get janky mods with bad sounds, maps, and particle effects, still untranslated from Russian.

Deathwing and Inquisitor look good.
I have high hopes for both of those games.

You mean Space Hulk: Deathwing? It's been out for a while. Didn't do too well. Performance is trash and it's missing features that people wanted. As with EYE, Streum On is slowly patching it and fixing shit and adding content. Once the Enhanced Edition is out, it'll probably be worth picking up. Graphically it's gorgeous, though, and it oozes as much atmosphere as a well-modded S.T.A.L.K.E.R. install.

I like how the comments on their own upload are just BTFO'ing them

Good fucking riddance you money grabbing kikes.

People told them, they didn't care, so nobody buys their shit. That is how the market works. Fucking whiny soyboy assholes.

They did a lot of work on Deathwing and I'd say it's a solid "special interest" game now. The design of the hulk is absolutely godlike and a treat for any dedicated 40K fan. (U CAN READ THE PURITY SEALS)

It's not an MMO, user.

Sounds about right. I'm bottlenecked on CPU so I haven't played it for a while, but it seems like that sort of game is what Streum On does best.

I just hope they get around to EYE 2 when they're done, apparently they've discussed doing a SWAT-type game where you play as a federal cop.

I've never seen a genre so dead. even point and click games were still being made when the genre was declared dead. There's been what? this and grey goo?

But Lillith and other female enemies looked smoking. Why would they do this?

I barely remember this guy from years ago when I watched a few SC2 gook tournaments or whatever. He was referred to as incholesterol, and was a total faggot. So basically, that figures.

Veminishit is much more limited as a game than left4dead so I'm not sure why you are recommending it.
Less variety, less modding less of almost everything.

Look AoE4 is Microsoft push for Windows 10. It is project not meant to sell. They have gotten the license because nobody else wanted to most likely.
Any other Win10 exclusive was made by Microsoft themselves.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DirectX_12_support

It will most likely flop and bury relic with it.

But that also means relic will bury the 2 biggest recent RTS titles.
I'm tired of playing suppreme commander and this shit is just getting me more depressed.

Can confirm. It's also why so many games have shit optimalization nowadays. When you're struggling to meet the deadline and all the management cares about is if it "just werks", then you'll just start doing some stream of thought, spaghetti bullshit and ignore optimalization, since it's fast and the only way you have any hope of meeting the deadlines.

We need an (((app store))) compatibility package for WINE so we can pirate the shit out of good games that get trapped in purgatory like that.

They're going to lose so many sales by not putting even it on Steam. I don't like Steam, but there's no denying its effectiveness in getting a game out there.

Age of Empires license is still owned by Microsoft they will continue to produce it to push Windows 10. Alternatively install Voobly. People have tournaments and shit in AoE2. You can easily play it on multiplayer.
Warhammer license is still owned by GW. What is most surprising they want to actually profit from their games and allow a lot of companies to make whatever they want. Expect DoW4 to not be called DoW. Total War is currently the RTS Warhammer game so don't expect it soon.

Yeah I will need to keep Windows on my work station but for anything else Linux+Wine is pretty much way forward.

Patches wouldn't have fixed it.
The gameplay itelf was the problem.

I guess it sucks but I saw it coming the moment it got announced.

I thought his name was clipit not clippy. Anyway, maybe when GW kills wh40k for a reboot we'll start getting good 40k games again. Worked for Fantasy, Got total warhammer, vermintide, mordheim, flawed but at least faithful and you can tell the creators gave a damn about the setting and tried to make something fun. total warhammer siege battles aside.

They went wrong by hiring nothing but white people and asians.

If there were Malcom X tier blacks included you bet your ass there would have been references to how far-left whites have destroyed the west.

Congratulations, motherfuckers. I am a buyfag EXTREMELY autistic for all things warhammer, and now I will never spend a dime on relic again.
Good riddance

What the fuck are you smoking? Fantasy is the same TW garbage CA has been shitting out since Empire, Vermintide is just L4D with lootboxes. Only Mordheim is a relatively entertaining and original take on the IP.

And don't hold out hope for good 40k games. GW gives the license to anyone that asks, likely because they are desperate for shekels. There is no quality control involved.

Spellforce 3 nigger.

How is Fantasy the same TW "garbage"?

Most of the purists complain that it is too fantasy for TW.

Mordheim is literally a facelift of the tabletop, and it's no way entertaining as Warhammer TW.

This is how I know you're a paint huffing imbecile.

Shogun 2, Attila and Warhammer are pretty great games tho.

I wanted to like it.
I really did.
I bought it, played it, loved the campaign and eagerly waited for Necrons because of that teasing at the end.

Then I played multiplayer with friends and online strangers.
Balance is a mess.
Planing means jackshit: one 300 requisition unit on the enemy side can throw your 2500 requisition plan down the drain.
Less than a dozen maps.
Only three factions.
They took months to remove the skulls grinding shit.
They released elites hoping the fanbase would be appeased when everyone kept screaming NECRONS at them.

I genuinely thought it might be good.
That the Moba elements were just replacing how the capture points worked and the rest of the game was pure DoW1 RTS.

But it wasn't. It wasn't Holla Forums and now I'm not even angry.
I'm just sad.

The massive tits of the old broad kneeling down at the front on the right end. Wew, I wouldn't mind motorboating those in the Queens motel.

TW is enjoyable, not the greatest total war game but a good game nonetheless. I'd rate it around shogun 2 levels if I had to. Vermintide is the only good thing to come out of the End Times lore and what fucking lootboxes are you talking about? It gives you a loot table you do harder difficulties and more side objectives(tomes etc) you get better shit. It's a L4D clone that is better than L4D. Mordheim is a simplified version of the tabletop and while I can go into the flaws of it, still pretty good and hey those guys are making a Necromunda game. That might be nice.

How exactly? It has more weapons than L4D. Vermintide 1 also had the same quantity of enemies.
Oh no, i will not be able to play as my favorite anime girl!
You don't have custom maps but that's it.

Yeah you don't have the only reason to keep playing the game but "thats it"
what kind of retard actually thinks lacking modding capabilities on a game is a good thing?

CoH2 and whatever the fuck DoW3 was just prove Relic didn't survive the fall of THQ. I just hope whatever Blackbird Interactive is cooking up next isn't as underwhelming as Deserts of Kharak.

The problem is that these are all mostly just reskins of preexisting games. Except maybe Battlefleet Gothic, but it suffered from a shoestring budget. Which is funny since it managed to capture the actual flavor of the setting better than any other WH40k game since DoW.

They're working with NASA developing simulators.

They made the huge mistake of underestimating the autism of the 40k fanbase. The 40kfags only care about the lore and how accurate the games are in accordance to the lore, that's why when you have Gabriel angelos jumping around in terminator armor it has them screaming bloody murder and why DoW2, despite being more MOBA than the first game gets a pass since it was more in line with the lore. The lascannons feels like heavy cannons, the bolters sound like bolters not like machineguns, when the space marines walk they feel like they are very heavy.

Stupid faggots, if only they could understand through their SJW brains that if you pander to 40kfags they will bend over and suck your dick tenfold.

I'm still learning the mod and the game but there is a localisation mod to make the russian english. way easier than learning russian.

That picture is where you see the white nu-men are fucking sheep.
Take a goood look at the pic.
Look at the asians men.
They all wear pink, as the company mandated, but they all wear shit that is wearable in public, not retarded near fluorescent pink T-shirts, the only asian guy that does wear that, smartly wears it with a black vest to avoid burning people retinas off no doubt…
The three whites guys that don't either didn't give a shit/forgot/didn't bought the BS (outliers as usual). Everyone else has the T-shits from the same charity (*kof* scam *kof*) store.

I played a shitton of 1 and liked 2 even better. They eventually ruined it by the time heart of thorns came along though.

The interactive Mars base diorama is old hat and it already came out.
What I'm talking about is that they've acquired a new office space. twitter.com/VancityBuzz/status/938227776477368321
And they're hiring dudes. Lots of dudes.
twitter.com/InsideBBI/status/959247809391116289
They're scaling up for something.

GW1 was real time magic the gathering online, GW2 is and was a generic Korean MMORPG.

I never thought you could effectively transfer the anime art style to the real world and keep the cuteness, but that image has proven me wrong.

remember when faggots here were shilling this game.

HAHAHAHAHA Fuck you! Bunch of Jewish faggots. I'm glad this shit happened to you. Next time listen to me. Fuckheads.

The only time I remember anyone here was excited for this was when only the cinematic trailer was out.

It's a real fucking shame I've been unable to find sauce for years now.

who in their right fucking mind gets dick hard for a cinematic trailer. Holla Forums confirmed retards.

No thanks, I like having fun.
:^)

fucking
DANCE

do you really think it will be shit? it looks amazing to me. I believe it will be a massive success

also you faggots still shilling Creative Assembly need to realize they're all SJWs.

shit like this is rampant throughout Sega's European developers. Want proof, look up Diveristy + what ever studio in question. You'll find a bucket load. Stop being faggots, stop being idiots, stop giving money to the enemy.

Who would have thought?

CA's only sins so far were the muh women of Mars DLC.

DoW did break some of the lore, but only for gameplay porpouses and good old fun, not for virtual signaling or trying to ape whats popular, hence why noone dislikes DoW.
Also, reminder that no matter what relic says, vance won at kurawa.

I ripped this from a gamasutra article, they are 100% cucked.

What about Vermintide 2? It even said in the bottom of their website that it would have mod support.
Though admittedly we have no idea how extensive it is yet.

also fuck this board. You're all still Beta males.

Doesn't say what diversity it is though.

So far their games are about white and asian history.

Oh God, it's the CA shill.

at least some of you guys are still ok.

Not a shill, just someone who still have a little bit of hope left.

You're not fooling anyone.

Still having hope in current year? idiot.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
You naive heretic.

I mean the fact Kingdom Come Deliverance is being released at all means there's hope for the industry.

The death of hope would be if that game is filled with niggers.

Said the traitor.

The weird thing is before DoW3 I'm pretty fucking sure the official line on the canonical winner of the Kaurava conflict was it was an Imperial force and it sure as hell wasn't STEHL REHN, which implied either VANCE MOTHERFUCKING STUBBS or Bolter Bitches. So that means they fucking retconned the winner for no real fucking reason.

Every faction other than the IG was led by an idiot, so I fail to see how exactly he lost.

But Cyrus the sniper in DoW2 said the Kaurava conflict was a fucking disaster.

its because it was bankrolled by the consumer that wanted it, and I'd argue that the developers involvement in gamergate only strengthened its appeal because we knew it'd go against the bullshit.

That said I expect the game to run like shit given its cryengine. Not their fault though other than for picking it as an engine.

The fact the consumers and devs are still motivated means hopes are still there.

It's not arguable.

Maybe he meant it was a disaster for every Blood Raven involved.

it could still end up being a massive flop though. We don't know yet. But the industry is pretty much fucked at this point, buying games in current year is a waste of money. Better to spend on improving your health. Worst case, just pirate everything like I do and only buy from studios who you know will appreciate your business and only once they've proven themselves.

It was a disaster for the Blood Ravens, since they were reduced to an all time low after that conflict, which is precisely why the events of DoW2 and expansions were so crucial, since losing the sector would essentially mean the end of the chapter.

If it's good, it's going to make some profits.

I mean it's not console games where the 1st week sales are crucial, all Steam games are slow burn.

Oh and to elaborate. Commander Baldeale's retarded escapades cost the chapter over half of it's manpower. There were less than 500 Blood Raven Space Marines by DoW2, and by the end of retribution there were only 250-ish left with some of them being on a pentinent crusade in the fucking Warp due to Commander Hairgel's slight Hairesy during the events of Chaos Rising.

CA fucked it with putting Chaos behind either preorder or Day1-DLC, can't remember which one.
But it was one of the most obvious cases of cut out content in recent memory.

It's both, it's pre-order but you can also buy it, sorta like the viking forefathers in Attila.

It couldnt be the sororitas because their ending implied they pruged everyone related to the conflict.
IG was the only faction to not wipe out the bloody magpie force.

yea.
If you want to botom of my thought about SH.Deathwing's dev. i think they lacked skill (like you said) but also passion because they kind of throttle back to be "safe".
Take space marins. it was a generic gear of war-like TPS … but it was ok and fun and the multiplayer was great (eternal crusade just had to be this on a larger scale…) Though, you could say that the passion drived relic to make something completly new and different to their usual game: a TPS. And used template to be sure it doesn t suck ass and just added 1 or 2 w40k signature stuff

take battlefleet gothic's devs. they are pationnate enouth to take "risk" and go to the botom of their logic/passion regarding how a w40k game should be. they aren t building a real time tactical game with a w40k skin.
They are making a w40k, genre codification be damned kind of like dow1 was (and dow2 ?)

meanwhile SH/deathwings: is not even a good "doom-like" nor a good original W40k game. that's why even though they may be pationnate, i do not beleive they are (imo)THAT pationate and/or objectively : less skilled.

this was meant for

user, for the love of God, figure out how punctuation works and use a spellcheck.

i though so to, but it still have a bad after taste if that mean the death of DoW ….
however if that also mean avoiding another heretical pile of shit like DoW3 …i guess i am ok with that?

Pirated Deathwing on release. It was shit. Really really shit.

That would be a fantastic way to kill/end the series. Burn all the bridges in one giant inferno. The fallout would be fantastic.

That was what I thought too. Nice to see they don't even remember their own games anymore. How many of the current dev team members do you think even bothered to play DoW1 or 2?

Stop being sexist. There is no lore reason why women can't be space marins too.

Exactly! And even if there was, it's a world with space magic and demons, so why would women space marines or terminator armor jump flips be so impossible?

Shut the fuck up you rapist! I mean, there's a 4 in 5 chance you're one and that's good enough for me!

Humans are capable of mistakes as well, we aren't perfect after all. I know it's unconfortable to share the same physical species as them but that's the reality we are in.
Regardless, that's still riding the outrage train way too fucking far. They have not added female space marines and I seriously doubt they'd do. Not like they can anymore anyway.

I was still hoping that this month would see a DLC with at least Nekrons since they were teased at the end of Singleplayer and maybe some changes to the game as well.
Funnily enough, despite so many people bitching about the Elites being these massive juggernauts that the entire game revolved around them, the truth was that balance in the game was so bad that apparently it was Tactical Marines or any Sniper that ruled the game. Sole exception for Rohnan since he was also a Sniper.
Even more funny is that the cause for this shit that made so many people wasn't any of the supposed "moba elements" but rather the Doctrines that allowed to make very broken combinations.

On the bright side, AoE will definetely suffer a lot because of this. There will be a lot of people that will pirate or at the very least not sink money into a game from a company that they don't expect to last a whole year at least.

How is that the bright side ? There are no big name RTS games coming out in the future other than AoE.

>Implying that anyone will play aoe4 when it's made by pajeetsoft for Windows 10 only

We are moving on to a generation that will not know what RTS is, without associating it with starcraft 2. And not even starcraft 1 or WC3.

whats wrong with diversity?

It was the weakest album Gentleman ever made, it has too many features and most of them aren't good.

It's already happening though.

Even now there is hope for this board, if jokers like you two still exist.

Yes but it will get worse if we keep getting arse titles that close down so fast.

At least the comments are reasonable and not cucked

Agreed, a simple patch wouldn't have done much. A complete gameplay overhaul was in order, something I doubt modern Relic has the will or the competence to pull off

RELIC GETS NUKED WITH NO SURVIVORS

That's partially true, DoWII campaigns are not anywhere near a MOBA, it's scenarized maps that are essentially a squad-based RPG.
By nailing the lore, ambiance, tone they got a very large pass because anyone would kill for a half decent vidya Deathwatch (tabletop RPG) campaign (which is roughly what DoWII is except with bloody magpies) so even if they sold this as an STR like DoW and it really wasn't it still was well received.
The multi in PVP is still pretty STRy and was not that bad (but the PVE, which was a HUUUUGGGEEE aspect of DoW is laughably bad).

But yeah if in your trailers and dev' videos you clearly show you have no idea what the fuck you're doing with the awesome material, the W40k reaction is pretty immediate and .webm related, because the word to mouth about it is fucking scary and the reason why games some WFB/W40k sell very well with no publicity to speak of (Battlefleet Gothic, Man-O-War, Mordheim, Armageddon, etc…) because they're good games (mostly good ports of their respective tabletop) that did their best to stick to the lore, despite being developed by teams of ten guys to used to do bejeweled clones for a living…

This needs to be applied to Age of Shitmar.

Maybe some more feminist appeal would help warhammer 40,000. A franchise dedicated to religious zealotry in space.

It's gonna play like clash royale

People keep telling me that AoS is actually selling better than fantasy and I hope to god that they are wrong about it.

IMO something to consider is the intended audience. For example, Space Marine was in no way a truly innovative game, because it was going to be released on console. In this same way, SH:DW and the survival of the studio likely depends on the success of the console sales of EE as well.

So I wonder which we would prefer? Adequate games - because to me, SHDW was in no way a "terrible game" on the level of Eternal Crusade or DoW III - with the studio enjoying enough success that they may be able to one day do something truly experimental, or more purely experimental games that are most likely to be failures? Because it's not like BG:A was a more complex game than SHDW to develop - it was going to run only on PC from the start, it doesn't need to worry about making complex geometric renders instantly like a FPS does, latency for multiplayer is obviously way more of an issue in an FPS than for a comparatively slow-paced (but obviously still very time-sensitive) game like BGA.

I think it's closer to L4D than Doom

Yes, but I feel that influencing that are a couple considerations:
1) It does not have a third-person mode
2) terminators in a cramped space could not control as freely as unarmored humans
3) You're supposed to feel like you're in a confined area - a space hulk - rather than meandering through the woods and the open streets of a major city

Consider that, and SOME of the design decisions make more sense. Keep in mind that they were also keeping the fan base of the original Space Hulk games in mind with stuff like locking doors behind you. They were trying to make a WH40K Space Hulk game. NOT WH40K: Terminators on the Loose , NOT WH40K: Siege of Terra , NOT WH40K: Eldar High School Light Novel.

Looking at it as a WH40K: Space Hulk game, it does not excuse the design "flaws" like repetition (because AGAIN in Space Hulk you do NOTHING but the same thing over and over it's doors and genestealers.) but it makes them more understandable.

I guess this is subjective, because I sure as fuck felt like they controlled like terminators. A space marine can't fire a stormbolter or use a thunder hammer one-handed, nor could they parry a Broodlord's melee attacks. Speaking of which, the melee attacks felt heavy and powerful as fuck to me, too. I guess this may be why I enjoy the game more than you do - I feel they termies are as slow and heavy as they should be. Comparing directly to Space Marine's movement speed, you are snails - even though, of course, termies are SUPPOSED to be way faster lore-wise.

I still dont get why people keep saying this, the 2 games dont play anything alike and yet people keep comparing them.

The models are the only things that are selling. The game is still shitty even with point rules. For one store that has an Age of Shitmare scene, there are 6 that dropped it and GW products. GW makes cash from web orders, but they're going back to their old habit of charging $60 for a tiny plastic soldier you will probably never use (see the new Nurgle shit).

>quickly abandon the gameor even franchise after realized they can't monetize it
Your shortsighted faggot, it's more like spit on the grave and move on.

It really doesn't, but it's more profitable.
It's a classic short-term gain for a long term loss.

So they got Relic working on the fourth sequel to a game series that's completely based in traditional RTS with little to no room for any departure from this. So it's a lose-lose for Relic now: Either make a traditional RTS and earn the ire of previous Relic fans, or change the franchise's formula and alienate the fans of the series. Either way, Relic's basically found itself between a rock and a hard place thanks to just how shitty DoW3 is.

And all they really had to do was reskin Company of Heroes to effectively find a middle ground between DoW and DoW2.

Basically this. People who play it realized it's a shitty version of 40k, so they go back to 40k until they see how shitty the current edition is (I'm hearing horror stories about the latest edition).

What the fuck happened? I remember some months ago, before the release of DoW3, Relic was being for reviving and HD porting old IPs from THQ. Or was that THQ nordic or something? I might be confused since THQ used to own DoW.

Piss off, newfag.

Christ, franchises die all the time. Quit getting so attached to companies who don't care about you outside of your wallet.

Not really, both DoWs had issues with the lore. DoW1 had a sorcerer using Khorne's thing, though he was chaos undivided so it wasn't as terrible. DoW2 had you beating the Tyranids with a virus, and then had a Khornate psyker as the big bad to wrap up DoW1's cliff hanger and some of the various hints they had of Blood Ravens' history.

You might be thinking of Nordic, Relic is also known as THQ Canada but they aren't doing those ports.

you don't belong on this website

That's not what i meant. Recoil, (assault canon and everything) that happend during combat is un-terminator like.

Also, setting it to maximum is stupid imo. Sure it is heavy but still; when it is set to maximum it becomes stupid, we are on terminator armor not meganobz; and due to the 1st thing i said (combat) this head-bobbing if set to high: kind break the immersion of being in a terminator armor and instead give you a vibe of unstable Ork tech

The models are selling more, but that's because GW is moving to a similar product targeting model as gambling businesses, relying on a few whales to buy more and more at the expense of a larger audience.

Luckily I'm free from their grip since the two armies I played on tabletop, Biel-Tan, and a fluffy lower Commoragh kabal, were both literally destroyed by the new Mary Sue lore. I'm honestly really surprised at Gav Thorpe, his paths of the Eldar trilogy was 90% good, but his writing now is horrendously bad:
Since when do Eldar speak in Whedonesque quips? Why create a new Mary Sue character to be Ynnead's avatar when Iyanden has already has a female necromancer character that has gone unused? What is Gav Thorpes obsession with believing that Eldar/Dark Eldar should magically get along even though all the previous Eldar lore is full of Craftworlders saving humans from Deldar and making it in no way uncertain that Eldar and Deldar cannot coexist without destroying the other. Whatever I'm done with it, there weren't many people left playing when I quit anyhow.

So? How is that against the lore? The Tranids aren't invulnerable to viruses.

Thats how the ultramarines beat a splinter fleet

Viruses are too delicate to propagate through the void of space by themselves. You need some carrier species to reach the whole splinter fleet before the end of incubation period and the infection breaking out.

Burn it all down.

Why do programmers get bullied so much? Is it because of how beta they are?

beta but very highly paid so everyone hates them for their high wages

So post YFW NuRelic's next game is Age of Empires IV and it's Windows 10 exclusive.

I normally celebrate train wrecks, if only in the hope that the lessons learned will be passed down and improve vidya. But I can't be happy over what DoW has become. I actually only just found out that DoW and R:TW came out two days apart

i can't wait until we see video games die

You had some good taste for a 10 year old faggot.

I have to give my dad the credit there. We lived in a semi-remote area, so no vidya-worthy internet. Until 2007-8, the only multiplayer PC experience I had was playing CnC:Generals against him. Lost every round since I liked building big armies and bases instead of actually playing strategically, but it was still fun.

Literally all they need to do is get Eugen to make a 40k game using the Wargame/Steel Division engine.