DaS3

Dark Souls 3 is 12 bucks right now on the Humble Bundle. Just sign up for the one month and cancel it.

Figure it can be something to tide us over until the "remaster".

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FromSoftware_video_games
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/280812
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

oh, and it comes with the first DLC. Forgot to mention that.

>(((Humble Bundle)))

what, you don't want to save the ferrets? and by "save the ferrets" I mean, "give IGN money". I still wonder what IGN is getting out of the buyout because I seriously doubt they are just giving the money to charities.

considering I can speed run DaS at this point, yeh. The functional online is a nice bonus.

It's like you have no idea what something is worth.

A fag and a brainlet.

I like co-op and pvp mang

What is with all the blatant shilling for humble bundle lately? Is IGN that desperate for money?

so play a better game for that shit.

I just figured it was a good deal and since there are quite a few souls fans on here (aside from the meme hate) it was worth letting people know. I wish it wasn't giving IGN traffic tho.

Dark Souls 3 is the only good FromSoftware game so far.

Fine, I'll bite.

And DS:PTD and Bloodborne are what exactly?

Nice bait.

Shadow Tower Abyss > King's Field IV > Shadow Tower > King's Field II > King's Field III > King's Field > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 2 > Bloodborne

Christ, the Pointiff guy was the hardest nigger so far. Died like 5 times before I got him.

Is there a point to joining covenants? It's my first time playing one of these games. Also, I haven't found a better single-handed sword better than the Broadsword, and it looks like ass. Really want to use something that looks better, any ideas? I'd use a two-hander but shit's slow as fuck and I like being fast.

it's easier to pirate the game than go through signing up giving your card then canceling. GTFO.

Only the first one, fuck that

Hang yourself, OP.

Easier method to obtain resources (like chunks), more variety of gameplay. Some covenants allow you to guard a region of the world. There's one covenant you can join that will summon a blue phantom to assist you in combat when someone invades you.

You're fucking spare parts, buds.

Remember that whole thing where the various video game forums were crusading against the "toxic" souls community and their "git gud" cultureā€¦ I have to wonder if this is an offshoot of that.

I was going to make some sort of nun-type character, but I ended up with ara-keeper.

It's 12 fucking dollars.

Are magic-only builds possible in these games? Or is it just secondary shit to buff yourself up?

In 3 not so much. I mean, you can try, but you aren't going to get very far late-game. Dark Souls 1 & 2 and in Demon's Souls, magic ends up being easy mode where you can take down bosses in NG++ with late game spells.

I forgot to mention, miracles/faith builds are focused more on support and buffing while mage/pyromancers are heavy hitting offense types. have a Yurt for the double-post

Also why do you hate bloodborne so much? I can understand not liking it but that's pretty cold putting it below DS2.

There is no Metal Wolf Chaos at the top of that list

it's a shit list

Armored Core

Holla Forums has always been filled hipster faggots. Even over a decade ago on halfchan Holla Forums they were all hipster cunts.

Motherfucker the bundles have been garbage for months,at least with the monthlies you get some sort of quality guarantee.

Everything is (((pay2win))) trash in the current year. Can you reply with a list of games with good pvp elements that arent pay2win?

Does Mario Kart count as PVP? Splatoon? ARMS?
The only ones that are recent (in the last 12 months) are Nintendo.
And if you fuckers says Mario kart is pay2win because amiibos unlock cosmetic costumes I swear to god Mark will probably come in here and bake you all in a delicious cake and vore the lot of you before shitting you out in to his Jewish toilet that automatically flushes on the sabbath.

That's kinda hot.

Just so you all know Armor is practically useless in DaS3. you get a defense boost by having something equipped to each slot, but it doesn't really matter what it is. You can go ahead and where whatever you think just looks cool with no real consequences.

I just don't understand why they were so retarded they couldn't even include the ability to climb ladders faster by using stamina again.

You have to go back.

I was able to consistently parry in DaS1, then I struggled but found a way to more or less parry in DaS2, but I can't seem to find the right frames to parry in DaS3, not even with a target shield, did they nerf or completely revamped parry? no, I am not even talking about PvP, I talk about regular enemies.

you have to satisfy both conditions not just one so mario kart is out
splatoon seems fun but I have yet to play it myself so I shall refrain from judging it

You can climb faster with no stamina cost, just not as fast as DaS2.

what did he mean by this

Okay I noticed it's a little faster, but it's so slow that it's barely makes a difference.

I'm saying there is hardly a difference between equipping start of the game armor and havel's set.

What are the best weapons to find along the way for STR builds? I am going to rush through so I can get the ashes that provide titanite shards on the shop.

I remembe rusing a lothric knight greatsword on my playthrough,worked pretty well with that uppercut attack.

You just went fullcircle from your previous post

That one is good but requires a ton of DEX.

I hear the best STR weapons are the Butcher Knife for early on and the Great Club for late game.

That's what it looks like, I will also take Vordt's hammer.

The butcher knife sucks a fat cock later on because the health you get back isn't worth shit.

Although i remember completing my playthrough with the dragonslayer greataxe,umf,that fucking alt attack damage is heavenly

user please there's easier ways to say you don't have a gaystation 4.

Make sure you get a Great Mace for the end game. Heavy infused with something like 50 STR does 700+ damage and stuns everything in two hits maximum.

Doesn't this game have a massive cheater problem?

is it easy to cancel afterward? Can I use a fake email adress and a temporary card number or not?

So far so good, I can buy titanite shards now, got the great axe (still can't wield it), got a mace from the other merchant and I have access to some other stuff.

I was considering to get this but I need Holla Forums's opinion on something:
Is it better or worse than DS2?

just pirate it and play it.

Better in regards to enemy placement, at least is not a gankfest of armored dudes until later in the game.

No user, I would never play it alone.
Co-Op is the best experience.

Mostly. Though DS2 still has the best build variety. I didn't think much of DSIII initially, but the DLCs make the game feel complete.

what are some good weapons for a strength/dex build. Figure I'll do something that's similar to a glass cannon build my first run.

also, are there any equivalents to Mildred, Flufftail, or Amelia in DaS3?

There's the dancer and her exquisite ballet booty.

BTW, when or how did she became waifu material? I mean, this comes across like xenomorph stuff to me, well, not much, but close.

At this point, all I need a vague hole of some sort. It doesn't even need to be wet. I'll make it work.

The same way amelia became waifu material, by being a big fucking cutie

Amelia?

Quality? Lothric Knight Sword is arguably the best weapon in the game and perfectly suited for that or a DEX build. Black Knight Sword is also really good for a 40-40 build.

Bloodborne boss

Vicar Amelia.

that's why it's so hot,i'm into nightmare/non human erotic things.

Oh, haven't played that one, no consoles, BTW, I am having terrible frame rates on PC with DaS3, people said if you could run DaS2-SotFS on high you should be able to run DaS3 with no issues.

Fair enough.

cool, thanks for the help and waifus. None seem quite as good as the previously mentioned but not bad.

Also, really enjoying my time with the game so far, about the only thing I dislike is the fact you can't upgrade your armor. That is really shitty, but other than that I'm having a lot of fun.

shit you fuckers make me want to reinstall dark souls 3 just so i can help people co op bosses.

Both DLCs are god awful

I don't get why the game had a season pass with only 2 DLCs, aren't most season passes composed of 3 DLCs?

There's a dime store Priscilla. Kind of a polarizing figure, personally I think she's one of the worst adds to the series. Then again, I like the Hollow so who am I to talk? Even if it's a EN VA, she's ~ara as fuck.

Also, remember there's mugenmonkey if you want to go full min-max autismo. Also also there's a infinite respec bug which might is worth knowing.

For the series? Only DaS2. DaS1 and BB both got a single, meaty DLC.

Season passes cost whatever the (((publisher))) want these days. I'm just waiting for the day when season passes cost the same amount as the game itself

Oh you,they already do if you look at shitty companies like ubisoft.

Precisely, but those two didn't get "season pass" and instead got their single DLC with none of that fanfare thingy.

There are three though. There are two parts of ashes of ariandel and then the ringed city.

That's very confusing then.

Now season passes seem to have become the norm for nip devs as well. The howaito deviirus like getting fleeced? Fine by them.

Wait, what?

I prefer 3 because the way the character handles feels a shitload better than 2 and the color pallets don't look extremely washed out but the pallet for 3 is still fucking mostly brown, but 3 is shit if you compare it to DaS/DeS.

He's saying that Ringed City is just a continuation of Ashes of Ariandel, and and considering how short AoA was, should have been included in RC.

So, any advice on how to improve my frame rate? I already have it on low settings and it seems to get a nose dive when loading certain areas.

buy a better PC
or just stop playing this trash

No I mean ashes of ariandel had two parts. It was released as two separate DLCs.

I certainly need to upgrade but I can't believe this thing runs like that when I am able to run other more demanding games with better frame rates.

They fucked with the timings, just use the caestus if you ever want to parry. Don't use the "parrying" shields, they offloaded all the frames that actually parry to the end of the animation because fuck you.

Yes, Ringed City should have been part of Ashes of Ariandel but they released it separately.

DS3 isn't toaster friendly, try to set the priority of the game higher since its very CPU dependent

No, I mean the single DLC named ashes of ariandel was split in two and released at two separate times. The third part is ringed city.

I'll try that then, I am going back to Win7 later this month I hope, Win10 seems to have the habit of running more trash on the background despite having most of the spy stuff disabled by force.

Weird. Can't honestly remember how that went.

I'm still a bit miffed we didn't get to see Londor. I wanted to walk there with a Lord of Hollows ending, de-aggroing everyone going all "Bow before your king, you shits." I guess 'MEMBER ARIAMIS? and 'MEMBER OOLACILE? were more important than exploiting the few good original things in its story.

I played AoA through to completion on launch, it's a lot smaller than you think.

unless I've truly gone senile, I clearly remember it having two parts.

Painted world is one full area, that I'm 100% certain. I love doing co-op there because it can be a hour long jolly cooperation adventure.
The next part is split into two areas (two icons in the warp menu too) - Dreg Heap and Ringed City.

I think what you're thinking is that it's two parts that are "frozen city area" and "frozen lake area". That or the story being in two parts that are split across the two dlcs. That or the fact that the dlc on the xbox was released earlier for no reason.

AoA? It was only the snow forest then you get to the town where you fight that black knight then proceed until you reach a part where you need to retrieve a key from a bunch of mutant flies, then you go to the chapel and do the boss fight.
But optionally you can go down to the ice lake with the giant crabs and fight the champion of whatever and his wolf.

I wish DS3 had at least 4 of those DLCs, but nope, only two, fucking Bamco.

It's just not worth buying, not everyone likes to be a good goy like you.

Gotta say, this game upped the nightmare fuel factor from the first game. Most of the monsters either look intimidating as fuck or disturbing. It's making me want to try Bloodborne pretty bad, but seeing as that's the only game I want on PS4 I'll have to wait a couple years till the console gets cheaper.

It has a lot to do with her movements, at least for me. Despite her freakish proportions and hunched over posture, her animations are what you could call graceful and fluid, very feminine. This is also what makes her a great boss fight, the battle flow is very natural and her movements have plenty of tells without being toi sluggish.

tl;dr of dark souls 3
and user, that first idea would have been so fucking amazing, a real feel of having conquered the realm

Reminder that the very first Humble Bundle is also the only humble bundle that was put together for the express purpose of opening the source code on the games being sold. Reminder that every Humble Bundle since then has been a cash grab with varying degrees of Judaism. Reminder that Overgrowth released one of its first betas after Lugaru went through the first Humble Bundle and the dev starting making so much money from his side project that the game went through development hell by being put on the backburner for so long.

Reminder that nobody fucking remembers this shit because everyone was too busy pissing themselves over paying a penny for games, trying to outjew the jews.

You'll like Irythill. That's where all the fucked up shit hangs out climaxing in arguably the biggest disappointment in the entire series.

Until "HERE COMES THE BLENDER!" kicks in and she kills you in a chimp out deliberately designed to mindfuck your roll timings. Then again, that's almost two thirds of the enemies in the game.

you such a hardcore gaymer

It is also like BB in that the armor doesn't matter until you stack a specific resist for a slight advantage. This wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have a whole fucking stat just to wear heavy armor.
I played again recently with a cheat engine script to activate poise and that worked out pretty good. Actually felt like I was playing Dark Souls.

I am more pissed at the fucked up parry timings.

Just finished this, pretty good. How are DS2 and 1 compared to this one?

Why?

Yeah, why play the third one first? It's a Souls game with Bloodborne reject enemies. It's missing poise and honestly not that good compared to the other 4.

Because it was an impulse purchase and I was never interested in the previous ones before this.

DS1 is definitely better but you'll be sickened by how heavily it panders to DS3 fans with all its references. :^)
DS2 is debatable but most will say its worse. A lot more build variety and some cool things that didn't make it to 3 like power stancing and fully functional left hand move sets but the gameplay is very clunky and there's some retarded shit like Adaptability and Soul Memory. The DLCs are really good IMO.

Also, play Demon's before any of the other ones so you can get a complete Souls game. There is no vast empty stages nor obvious copy/paste jobs. Just don't look into the cut content if you want to enjoy it while you play

Because we' re a bunch of sad, lonely people

Do you think enemies in these games do input reading?

Oscar not having anything to do outside of giving you two items in DaS is fucking awful though.

Here, I just saved you 12 bucks.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4a6913cab6e3c28ace24dce4b4e4b8677fb5360a&dn=Dark.Souls.III-The.Ringed.City-CODEX&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

Figth me bitch, I'm drunk

Dark Souls 2 was barely better.

Still having quite a bit of fun, but I really donā€™t feel like I have the level of control with my character that I did in DaS1. Do people still play 2? Iā€™m thinking about biting the bullet and spending 12 bucks on that if only for the pvp and DLC which everyone says is amazing.

Iā€™m still sad about the cut fluffy tail content.

2 Has the best co-op of the series

?

You can find a shit ton of summons, yes. There is something like 3-5 thousand people online at a time.

aaaand bought, thanks for the info.

WHERE'S MY DAILY DOSE, DOC?

Why buy unoptimized shit for 13 Credits with only one DLC
When you can just buy the more optimized full package for 15 Credits in half a year

It seems that this is never going to run well on mid range PC:s, but we'll see.
The game is great. It chokes FPS at times but mostly runs well enough with my super old shittoaster(tm). Still, this is once more an unacceptable port, this trend has to end.

DSIII is pretty much the worst for build variety.

Are there any highly-specialized builds that only work with one specific weapon/armor set/etc.? I winged it with my first build and it turned out less than optimal. Also, any tips for making builds?

Just do whatever. The thing about builds is you don't make a character in the hopes of using a weapon/spell/miracle, you build your character around the object of your desire. Say you like that fuckhuge wooden club you picked up. It's obviously not in your best interest to put your levels into dex. Also, leveling isn't as important as it seems. Upgrade levels and scaling are much more important.

d-did i gut at getting yet?

Well, I got the dancer armor for my character, I am still too far from the Ringed City to get the Pyromancer stuff to complement those leggings though, I like the veil, too bad I use a great mace because it basically means I have to use Havel's Ring to have a decent roll with all the armor for now.

Pick your favorite toy and fashion and work your way around them while assuring some survivability so you don't end in the goomba HP meta or have less stamina than a Star Wars fan. Use weapons that fall below your main weapon's requirements as secondaries; if you can spare a ring slot, use that for a secondary weapon that needs a bit more STR or DEX or will make you fatroll.
Get autistic with mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3
Look up the infinite respec bug.
Depending on what you want to do, use rings to save a few stats - Havel, Favor, Prisoner's Chain and Knight/Priestess/Scholar/Hunter.

You seriously expect me to pay for a videogame? LMAO

Let me give you a couple things
I know your shield might look like it's your best friend, but, even in that vid, it can fuck you over
You miss moments of attack because, either accidentally or not, you rolled after his attack finished
stay close to enemies, even if they seem intimidating. I don't know what it is about souls games, but enemies usually have a dead zone to their left in which their attacks can't hit you.
I will admit I am also guilty of a couple of things such as backstab fishing and playing too passively at moments, but I recently started a strict no shield/blocking run and boy am I having a fucking blast. Twin sellswords with magic infusion, pyromancies and a bow. Watching enemies get knocked back in the middle of their blow letting me get off a riposte is really satisfying.

Soā€¦ do the enemies do input reading? cuz bosses seem to be always ready to change or delay certain attacks when I am healing or I "successfully" dodge some.

I don't think so. They mostly have a set range and combo that you have to time.
It's more the player reading the enemies so they know when they have time to heal and attack. I've seen enemies heal when I'm right in their face readying a swing and other times they take opportunities to attack when I'm not even close to them.

i want to conquer her summit

On that note, I want to be able to use the following
and make it work. I haven't gotten to the point where I can get the GLS, but I feel like I'm fucking everything up every time I look at my build.

I don't much care what kind of armor I have to use, or rings or whatever.

Speaking of, whatā€™s a fun build for DaS2? Iā€™m usually heavy weapons but I wouldnā€™t mind doing something faster.

That's kinda hot. I mean, if she had better tits and a nice plump ass, it'd be even better.

I want to see her fuck a midget. Just too see how that would actually work with positioning and shit - and just for the absurdity of it.

Cosplay builds are the best builds.

Some feel like it, like Cathedral and Pontiff knights but maybe it just boils down to them being designed to fuck with roll timingsā€¦and being BB enemies shoved into DaS. People who'll be playing DaS1 for the first time because of remaster, will be surprised to see enemies that aren't chasing you down with Tekken combos.

That's a tricky combo to work with. A big stat spread. I can't recriminate, my paladin in DaS1 was made for Grant and SL (50 STR and 50 FTH) so ended up a anemic mess.

Poison. Power stance poison-infused Spotted Whips. Have something else to back you against poison immune enemies but, for the most part, it's surprisingly viable. Join the Rats and you can boost that further.

Oh fuck, I forgot that new people will be playing DS1 for the first time. It'll be amusing watching faggots who think their Estoc+roll spam will work only to get absolutely destroyed by Giant Dads and Havels

Stupid Soul of Cinder, phase 2 has a full kill combo, not even Manus was that cheap.

I don't mind being squishy if need be, but I want to make sure I have viable damage spread and can handle most things (even with a little difficulty). There's at least a LITTLE bit of overlap with dex, since Astora GS + sharp gem = S rank on dex, which means casting faster, too. That's the idea, anyway, but tweaking the specifics seems to be my bane.

Nigger that's only a fraction of their library
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FromSoftware_video_games

I can't believe DS3 made me miss Giant Dad

LEGENDS NEVER DIE

And neither does the cancer. I've still got it. Hopefully the remaster makes it terminal, and I can be free of this mortal coil, and the cancerous DaSfags that accompany it.

Faggots will probably do what they already do in DaS3 - assemble a full party and let them do the dirty work. Bert and Ernie will either have the time of their lives scrubstomping or get unceremoniously wrecked; I fear it might be the later. DaS3 turned every enemy into a Manus-tier psycho.

It's borderline pornographic that DEX builds get a UGS that is lighter than a bleepin' GS but it's what I've started to focus on with my DEX build - Astora UGS with offhand Quills and Leo Ring for that sweet thrust counter damage.

I'm expecting GiantDad gank squads given the multiplayer uses the DaS3 formula.

Disagree with this.

Pro-tip, you can't.

Just when i'm committed to kick their shield BAM, they drop it for an hyper armor attack with no delay. They absolutely do read your input

It happens to me a lot with certain enemies, but I am also tempted to download an input reading program like the ones streamers use because there are times when I am sure I pressed dodge and got hit or tried to kick and it only registered the atk button but not the directional input, I need to make sure I am not just making excuses.

Quality builds will always be the most successful. Though luck builds are still stupidly broken and Anriā€™s Straight Sword never really lost its place in high tier.

ULTRA GREAT SWORD

please fuck off back to 4ch/reddit and take your shit normalfag memes with you

Looks like someone got ass-raped by a luck build.

think I'm going to try a dual wielding build for my first go. There was an user earlier that said that was one of the things 2 did better.

Also, just beat 3. Aside from the lackluster builds I liked it quite a bitā€¦though for some reason it felt smaller than 1.

Just started 2 and I'm already liking it quite a bit, though I think what's nice is that I can already tell it's a different game from 1 and 3. The atmosphere is very different, though I suppose I'll have to get used to getting ganked and dealing with that.

Posting shitty OC I made a while ago.

The problem is that it's linear as fuck and things don't loop back into themselves or other places nearly as well as 1 did. Just by beating the Gargoyles in 1 which I'm counting as the second boss because tutorial bosses don't count, you have access to Undead Burg/Undead Parish/Darkroot Garden and parts of Darkroot Basin/Undead Asylum/Valley of Drakes/Blighttown. Of which, UP/UB connects via the bridge the Drake spawns at, UP and DG connects via the room with the Titanite Demon, DG connects to DB with the ladder near the Hydra, DG connects to UB with the tower Havel spawns in, and Valley of Drakes/Blighttown connects to DG via a elevator near the Grass Crest Shield. Meanwhile in 3, your only option is to go from the High Wall to Undead Settlement to Road of Sacrifices to Cathedral of the Deep(dead end)/Farron Keep to Catacombs of Carthus to Irithyll to Anor Londo(dead end)/Profaned Capital(dead end).

Finished Dark Souls 3 for the first time, and almost first time doing it online. Used a dex/faith (30/30) build, and using support spell helped, but i can see that it isnt as much powerfull than either 2h heavy weapons, at least i could see it, because either with Lothric sacred sword or with Dark Blade, I didnt much damage to some bosses, compared to the phantoms that helped me. Perhaps I start NG+ to test the Spear-sword of the dragon slayer, that I got to try to beat Darkeater Midir (Hardest boss in DSIII?, because I only defeated it because 2 powerfull & experienced phantom helped me). Its my opinion, and correct me if wrong. Perhaps should i practice more PVP battles in Anor londo or start testing the Hollow Arenaā€¦.

Get out of here, merchant. We don't serve kikes like you.

What bosses did you liked in 3? Lothric/Lorian was enjoyable, and nameless King too.

I forgot about it but give the Red Rust Twinblade a whirl. Very fun weapon without equivalent in any other game. If you want to go nuts, do that with Artorias' sword (goes by another name but you'll recognize it) in the left hand (it has a unique move set if wielded in the left hand).

At what level did you finish NG? That's a pretty low investment and it doesn't help that most FTH weapons complement better with STR (namely a Blessed Lothric GS). You have the Astora UGS that has A scaling in FTH if Blessed or S scaling if Lightning. The Saint Bident is also decent. Dunno, I suggest doing some homework, dull as it may sound.

First time I fought that cunt, he almost gave me a nervous breakdown until I learned how to fight it. Trust me, he's more tedious than hard. The golden rules:
1. ALWAYS stay in front of him at mid-range
2. Don't hit anything besides the head
Taking phantoms who don't know what they're doing only makes the fight harder, they'll go whack him in the legs and then you get a tail swipe and someone gets one-shot.

Sister Fritos for me. She'd be bonkers even in BB. Provided you go solo or only have one phantom. 3 or 4 people and she's a punching bag.

Pontiff and Gael. Everyone else was either uneventful or had some stupid bullshit that really annoyed me.

+100, and I put 20 on vitality & strenght, and 30 vigor & resistance and 18 atunnement. Of course I put levels on other stas. In any case, perhaps its not the best build, and if needed, i could go to Rossanas to change it. But i didnt knew much.

And about Midir, it was the only boss in all the Souls games in which I bothered to look at the wiki for some help at the first new game. I really strugled with the dragon. Santa Claus was mostly being anoying & a damage sponge, for example.

Gael and Friede were my favorite bosses.
Gael in particular I really liked, especially the way his cape is used to punish rolling too early or in the wrong direction. He's not perfect though, I felt that he wasn't aggressive enough, in the sense that it was too easy to hang out at the edge of his attack range and bait out easy moves, especially for a boss that's supposed to make rolling more difficult.

I was thinking of trying a bow+bleed dagger+poison dagger build.

20 STR and 30 DEX sounds like you're more lite Quality than DEX so Refined weapons should be your choice.
20 VIT, I'll assume you're using the heavier stuff, those are best if you're using UGSs or GAs. Heavy armor basically reinforces the hyper armor frames of those weapons. That said, fashion trumps all.
I mentioned before but you might want to consider a ring or two to help with the stats. The Prisoner's Chain boosts VIG, END and VIT by 5 each though you'll take a bit more damage.
My modest two cents.

I like the fact he has a lot more openings than most of the other bosses, you feel like there's an actual back and forth going on instead of waltzing in and out to bait the only move you can punish and not get hit before you're even done with your attack animation.
He's also good at dealing with crowds, makes everyone be on their toes. Sometimes I boot up the game just to help people with him, sometimes get a nip in NG+56 or something where even a sneeze of his will OHKO you. Walking out of these always feels like real triumph.

Used a weapon damage calculator, and seeing that there wanst much difference using gem, the weapons I used are only upgraded. Hell, I havent used gems in my play-throught now that i think about!
Yes, my character used the best armor possible, while being lower than the maximun weight possible, and since I got the The Prisoner's Chain ring, i have always been using it, plus the green ring.

Provided you want to stay in the meta, you still got about 20 levels to pump in. I got a couple of hybrids (pyro and quasi-paladin) so I know the struggle is real. I mean, 16 DEX to swing a big sword. Who's the stupid asshole who thought this was a good idea?

Cloranthy? I try to squeeze it in but if you make it a habit of munching grass, you can have something else on your finger. Easier said than done though.

Who, Yuria? Iā€™m pretty sure sheā€™s not actually a hollow.

Anyone need any help getting through tough areas? I'm always down to sunbro.

Just say where you need me to drop a sign.

PC obviously

which game?

Sorry, DaS3

I'm doing a BKS + Thief set build. If you don't mind suffering through my methodical pace (I still haven't beaten the game and I want to experience everything) . I'd appreciate a sunbro

Just gimme a zone to drop a sign in

Why do enemies in dark souls 3 attack so fucking fast? There's literally zero wind up on most of their attacks. Parrying doesn't seem to work for some reason, your shield will just phase through their weapon and you take damage. I could parry with ease in dark souls 1 but for some fucking reason it's just impossible now.

They changed the parry mechanics with shield see

I guess after bloodborne they're just so asshurt about shields they want to nerf them as much as they can, see all the weapon arts that are designed to bypass shields.

Datamine results say otherwise. Yuria, Anri, Horace and Vilhelm all got the beef jerky look.
Londor's one of my favorite things in DaS3 but I'll admit it just confuses the heck out of me.
If Hollows are supposed to be braindead nutters, why are these sneaky, conniving fucks?
Why are the pilgrims from Londor and why do they turn into those angel things?
If Elfriede's a Hollow, how come she doesn't look like a dried prune (instead she has the rot taking over half her face)?
Why was a Londor pilgrim a wet nurse? The king thought "you know who's got some nice milk tanks? Londor women!"

Because Miyazaki's BB chub was still raging when he started to work on DaS3.

i think because she is unkindle. originally unkindle were immune to hoolowfication they only start to hollow after you get the dark sigil in you. also ou became the lord of the hollows because you were able to hold 5 sigil in your body (anri who also seems to be a candidat to the lord hold only three). so the reason just a part of elfriedes face is hotten must be because she hold 2 sigil tops.

Your pic is more like Vordt

That's a good point.

Magic is weaker each game.
In Demon's Souls, if you're not buffing yourself, you're just losing out on what's basically a free 50% increase to hp and damage. If you're pure mage it's shameful to die at any point.
In Dark Souls, buffs make you temporarily overpowered, but aren't something you can consistently rely on and your sword by itself will be enough. If you're pure sorcery it's shameful to have 5 or more deaths on any boss.
In Dark Souls 2, careful planning and timing on buffs will be integral to successfully defeating your opponents if you buff. If you're pure mage, you won't really have an easier or harder time overall compared to pure melee, just a vastly different approach to the game.
In Dark Souls 3, if you're using magic you're crippling yourself. You can use low-level pyromancy to augment your swordplay but anything more than that is a waste.

The same who puts 18 DEX requirement in a few others.

The only enemies I can seem to parry with some semblance of consistency are Black Knights which I learned to parry on DaS1 and seem to have their timing mostly the same but yes, parry in DaS3 is worse than DaS2.

What happened in Bloodborne to make them hate shields?

They decided they hate shields during bloodborne and it shows that the two begrudgingly added are only for blocking projectiles.

10 vigor meta

R8 my build
Megoleto gave advice, but I was obstinate about a few things

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/280812

Its so telegraphed though. He does a 2 hand grip, rears back and you have so much time to get clear of it.

Yes. They have since DS1.
THIS isn't input reading. Similar to how you rush towards an enemy trying to drink their estus, when you're in an estus-drinking state, dangerous enemies usually respond with dashing attacks or a projectile. You can't heal in front of them, you have to create an opening to heal.

Power stance estoc/longsword. Giving the straightsword speed and moveset to the estoc's reach is stupid strong.

DS1: Do a thing, then collect the four lord souls.
DS2: Collect the four lord souls, then do a thing.
DS3: Collect the four lord souls, game's done.
It's half the size of the other games.

I managed to defeat him but I had to turtle him on phase 2, doesn't help that I am using a great mace build, the problem was that he had almost no wing up and I usually landed 1 hit on him after baiting a jumping attack.

That's the thing, I get my distance and all and lots of enemies run almost instantly.

Oh, DS3? Yeah everything's like 20% faster than you so and there's no poise it's mostly rng whether or not you're allowed to perform actions. If you can put an object in their path (like other enemies in a chokepoint) you can influence the outcome but it's mostly luck.

Poise isn't non existent but its kind of complicated when compared to the previous iterations of it. Also Hyper Armor, which is basically a weapon to weapon poise match up, is tied to weapon class and swing.

Instead of explaining the overly complicated formula for determining how much poise you "need," think about it this way. (This assumes you can identify armor weights by sight)

Pretend both opponents are naked. Now pretend that both opponents do a basic R1 attack simultaneously. Both attacks will strike each other, dealing damage, but the person with the heavier weapon will stagger the other, opening them up to another R1 attack. If the weapon class is the same, both get staggered.

So when attempting to figure out on the fly if you can successfully trade with your opponent and come out ahead, just see if you are swinging a heavier weapon than they are. If you are both using the same weapon class, then whoever has heavier armor will win the trade.

Hyper Armor frames are tied to weapon animation and go like this. Startup swing frames> Hyper Armor Frames> Backswing Frames> Neutral. So you have to figure out the "start" of hyper armor frames when trying to time it with a heavy weapons vs a faster weapon. If its say, a Great Mace vs a Straight Sword, the SS attacks are fast enough to beat your Hyper Armor frames and you will get hit and staggered.

It's fucking dumb.

Yes it is. Hyper armor is not poise even if hyper armor relies on the poise stat.

Yeh, I think DaS is one of those cases where the games ā€œhappy accidentsā€ made it better. The inability to warp where you want may have made the game long winded at first, but it forced Fromsoft to think of interesting ways to link the maps together so people didnā€™t get bored of backtracking. The levels were less organized, but it made them feel organic. DaSIII at least brings back the ability to do things out of order, but due to the fast travel and the sometimes simplistic layouts of the levels it all feels short. Basically, it was streamlined DaS. Still a decent game.

Cool, thatā€™s the build Iā€™ll shoot for then.

Lorian was definitely my favorite, his design and animations were super unique and felt like the definition of horror fantasy. The Giant fight was also pretty fun and felt like a grand scale encounter though his gimmick made him a bit too easy.

Poise the stat reduces the amount of Poise damage (stagger frames) you take when trade with someone. That's why someone with heavy armor and a heavy weapon will stagger someone with the same weapon and less Poise.

Did I say the poise stat did nothing? No. Hyper armor is hyper armor, poise is poise. Hyper armor that relies on the poise stat is hyper armor, not poise.

Something I thought would be back to DaS3 and wasn't is exactly that, the first area is not connected in any way to the others, neither the rest of the individual areas mostly, also, being sent to the last boss after defeating the other 4 felt kind of weird and anticlimatic.

I'll make a quick question here so I don't make a new thread.

Siegward got killed in my playthrough (don't ask how, I just stumbled upon his soul with his gear in it near the elevator that leads to Road of Sacrifices). I want to keep Greirat alive and I read that Patches can save him in Irithyll. I met Patches in the tower where he tries to lock you in so he can take your gear and now he's a merchant in Firelink.
I read that Patches needs Siegward's armor to do this for some reason. His armor is in my possession. Can I give the armor to Patches and have him save Greirat by telling him his location after he goes looting to Irithyll?

Well now we're just having a semantics argument.

Yeah no shit, but they are both taken into account when trading, which is the entire point of building Poise. Poise+Fast weapons is retarded because an effective Poise build relies on having a heavy weapon. So you can no longer just heavy armor poise your way through people, you need a full heavy build, armor and weapons.

Yeah, I agree. Itā€™s as if the game suffered from being to organized and formulaic. Personally, I was expecting somebody to stab the fire keeper during the ritual and all hell to break loose. I did like the final boss and stage though. Almost reminded me of the last Ninja Gaiden boss.

It is indeed complicated.
The game technically uses super armor, not hyper armor. Hyper armor is when you can't get knocked out of your attack animation at all. Super armor is when you need a certain number of hits to get knocked out of your animation.

Patches is supposed to have Sieg's armor to fool you into thinking he is Siegward in Cathedral of the Deep.

If Siegward is dead, all this means is that you are going to miss out on a Titanite Slab, the Emit Force faith spell, and a few Siegbraus this playthrough. It shouldn't have any bearing on the Greirat story because you'll just talk to Patches after sending Greirat to Irithyll/Lothric Castle and he will go rescue him.

Swap the Cat ring for Favor+3 or Steel Protection+3 to offset the Chain's penalty. Always have it though, that's something a lot of people don't do and it never fails to surprise me. Obscuring Ring is also another good utility ring, both for invaders and invadees.

Pretty much. Poise is now basically "health" points for a weapon's super armor frames. Great Hammers require less so mid armor builds can trade with them. Also, the Fume has GH super armor despite being a UGS.

A bit stressful at first. You've beaten the boss and got almost no Estus and now gotta do the trek, trying to make it back with all the souls you earned. Even if you can level up at bonfire-chan, there's no boss room bonfires.

I don't think you can do that. Best you can try is tell him the location then once you return to Irythill, clear the area completely. Kill everything in the sewer (or just everything, period), beat Pontiff and do that all in one sitting (no warping out).

Be careful not to kill Pontiff until after you tell Patches when Greirat has gone to Irithyll.

Back home from work. Swap Cat ring for Steel prot, eh? Makes sense.Can I get Steel Protectiion +3 on a first playthrough?

Yes because they put all the good +3 rings in The Ringed City DLC.

Thanks. Not having the slab will hurt I guess.

Will keep it in mind.

I don't think DS1s level design was completely accidental, considering they replicate it pretty well in bloodborne.

Fair enough.

Ringed City has +3 Cloranthy, Favor, Havel, Steel Protection, Silver Snek, Gold Snek and something else I might be forgetting. It pretty much nulls the point of going into NG+.

At some point Iā€™ll buy a PS4 for that game alone. The price is steep but Lovecraftian Dark Souls is a dream game for me. I suppose thereā€™s also the Yakuza games so at least it wonā€™t just be a literal Bloodborne machine.

It's not the cost. It's the game and the people selling it.

OK, I sent Greirat to Irithyl but Patches isn't asking where he went.
What did I do wrong?
Do I have to wait longer to have Patches ask me?
I made sure Greirat left, he's not in Firelink anymore.

Wikia copy-paste:
Saved by Patches :
You must send Greirat out to Irithyll and inform Patches of his destination before you defeat Pontiff Sulyvahn or he will cease to ask.
Of course, if you buy the Catarina Set, Patches won't have a disguise to rescue Greirat, dooming him.

Second Outing Failure Conditions :
On failure, Greirat's corpse and ashes will be in the sewer area underneath the kitchen in Irythill.
Patches will not rescue Greirat - even if you send Greirat on his second outing after the Yhorm the Giant boss fight, and Siegward has died.
Do NOT kill Alva the Spurned, who invades when embered - just before the Irithyll Dungeon Bonfire.
Do not proceed within Irythll Dungeon. It has been reported that you may light that bonfire, if perhaps Alva the Spurned has not been killed.
Unnecessary: It is certainly unnecessary to drink the Estus Soup next to Siegward when he is at the fireplace. It may perhaps be a requirement to NOT drink it, somehow helping Greirat to survive.

Can't help ya myself. I do this shit like autistic clockwork. No such thing as too much Slabs.

I did read the wiki beforehand. Siegward is dead so the armor situation doesn't really apply to me.
If this means that Siegward must absolutely be alive in order to do this, I'm screwed.

Siegward might not need be a part of the equation but the requirement to trigger the dialogue may be Patches having the armor. I think Greirat always says he was saved by a onion knight.
Dunno. Seems you got screwed big time. I'd wager one of those machete cunts shoved him down the elevator shaft or something.

What do I miss by not completing his quest line?
Just the items he would've sold after getting back safe from Irithyll? Wouldn't those items be available after giving the Maiden his ashes?
Had to reset router so I got a different ID btw

IIRC if you send him to die at Lothric Castle (which he will, nothing to be done) and retrieve his ashes, the old bat will sell infinite amounts of lightning urns, explosive bolts and splitting bolts and maybe something else after she calls you a murderer.
As is, the only thing added to her inventory is what he had to sell after the first looting spree. If you've a Greatbow you're kinda screwed since you'll miss out on arrows for that, which he gets from the Irythill loot.

Jesus.
I wonder if there's a cheat engine script to fix the questline.

I live in great shame that I've not played Shadow Tower Abyss. King's Field is my bag too.

You also miss out on Siegward helping you fight Yhorm, with both of you wielding Storm Rulers. Then he drama expositions you before dying of depression.

That's fine
I'm just worried about the items I missed that I might need.

This is probably the biggest feels moment of the game for me.

don't be a cuck

Because From Soft have been drifting more into the action part of the "action RPG". However, they're not good enough to do it justice, so all they do is remove one viable way of playing (shields) and reduce it to roll spam. Enemies and the combat don't get more complex, they just speed up their attacks so it feels like a good action game, but lacks its nuances and mechanics.

Nioh puts FromSoft to shame in the action department of an action RPG. It may lack the weapon variety, even with the stances, but its a more engaging game to play. Of course world+lore still goes to DaS.

The first few were all DRM free too. Now most if not all require steam.

Actually the first required GFWL at first.

Kindly explain what the a in that acronym stands for.

Its meant to differentiate between Demon Souls (DeS) and Dark Souls (DaS)

The first one required GFWL, and then they ported it to Steamworks. They're so incompetent that they actually released a dev copy to everyone who ticked the "Let me test".

I was talking about the humble bundle.

Just because I didn't read your post doesn't mean I can't say you're wrong.

Blame Valve and their retarded xmas event of 2011.

r8 the fashion, I can put all the Dancer's gear but I wanted some more sex appeal, the leggings have to stay and the veil in her mask just turns me on.

Poise is in the game and can be enabled with Hex editing. I did a playthrough this way offline and had 10x more fun than with it disabled since the combat wasn't a bunch of dodging spam or a stupid complex system like Hyper amor + lag.

Think about that too for a moment, a single binary value could have been patched by From Soft and the combat would have at least resembled Dark Souls and given fans what they wanted.

Get poked to death by an estoc with no chance to recover or retaliate, scrub.

Like I did, the last time I played, over a year ago. I unistalled before the DLC came out, too. You have to go with OP meta builds or the game is trash.

It's also a disaster to not have armor covering any part of your body if I remember. Mid roll, covered head to toe, is the way it was then. With some bullshit wombo combo weapon.

Or was it heavy roll? The rolls were all messed up. I don't fucking know or care anymore.

I don't go PvP at all, if I happen to be embered when exploring and get invaded I usually just keep going until I find a bonfire at least.

All armor offers the same level of flat damage reduction. Basically, throwing on Ragged Mask/Master's gear/Loincloth on will reduce a similar amount of damage that full Havel's does.

Maybe just this once a remastered is justified to fix the terrible port. or maybe it should have just been a free update

What are the best miracles for a faith build?

I know that's not true. There is a significant difference between damage taken for different armor values. Not crazy, but the difference between being one shot and two or three shot, depending on the combo and armor. Light, or no armor, is easily a one shot death. Also, estoc vs no poise and slow weapon = staggered to death.

There's supposedly a bonus to being hit while missing a piece of armor. I was never clear on it.

Just watch some PvP videos. Oroboro is a god at these games. The quality of the fights always favors heavier armor and wombo combos.

I'm just going off what I remember, back when Dark Sword spam was fucking constant.

I only know this now because I was so upset after being destroyed that I looked it up and these fags have a community with a meta and all that shit. I think it completely ruins the game having this insane tier of players shitting on people that can't possibly know what they're doing is wrong.

It's a series where the further you're away from the community the better you are.

This. They be trying to go fast but all they are doing is gimping old mechanics to try and force it.

It looks like the meta changed to lighter weapons since that Oroboro video.

This is why the meta is cancer; all it takes is one guy having success with a new weapon for it to change.

They hired QLOC, a company that exclusively does glorified ports. This is just an update plus a giant 'fuck you' $40 charge to everyone who already bought the game, nothing more.
They aren't even going to add cloth physics. Only the easiest visual improvements will be made.
Worse, it'll kill the online community for the current version, forcing people who don't care to upgrade, too.

Not calling you out but there have been a lot of pvp related changes since both DLC's came out, a lot of people who cry OP are just bad at pvp. Viable build variety is at an all-time high for the game, you just gotta git gud.

The top 1% of faggy duelists have this revolving door of the "most meta weapon builds bla bla" but in the end it all comes down to the same shit. Trading, punishing, and poise. Nothing is unbeatable, there is no unwinnable situation unless you just fail to adapt.

Invasions/Co-Op are 10x more fun than dueling anyways. Have invasion builds at different SL and what you can do is limited by your imagination. I've seen some downright retarded builds that are suited for one area (taking advantage of environment, spawn locations, enemies in the zone, etc) and would be total garbage elsewhere. You make your own fun.

Dueling in this game is the cancerous shit. Arenas are fun in 2v2 and 3v3 only.

It'll be a good update to pirate, even if the original already works well with some hacks.
Nobody needs the community, the community's cancer anyway.

I just meant that there'll be little to no chance of finding summons or invasions after the remaster comes out.

I know what you meant.

Well it doesn't matter if they're cancer or not when all you're gonna do is shove an estoc up their butt.

That's one of the reasons they're cancer.

halfway through DaS2 at the moment. It's weird, it has a really bad start and it feels like you're funneled into everything(including a build at first), but about midway through when you start finding some armors and weapons it's actually really fun. The world and characters are pretty interesting for how disjointed they are. It's a very different flavor of Dark Souls. About the only thing I dislike at the moment are the bosses and the removal of riposte. There are regular enemies that put up more of a fight than the bosses.

the problem with DaS2 in that regard is having to carry weapons you don't really like until later in the game where you begin finding the equipment you want.

But the riposte is still there.

It's an absolute kind of disgust

yuuup, that's easily my biggest gripe. For the first 1/3 of the game you are relying on pure luck that an enemy will drop the armor or weapon you need for the build you're going for, or you'll be making due with the flame long sword and phantom support until you defeat the Pursuer.

is it? Every time I parry them they just fall on their ass.

When they fall on their ass you can follow through by stabbing them or squashing them with your weapon.

Go up to them and press R1

maybe I need to walk closer to them instead of just tapping R1. The hitboxes are a lot more precise in this one.

Yes you do

I've been replaying Dark Souls III as a faith build miracles are absolute dick without putting too much into either strength or dexterity and instead focusing on getting faith and attunement while using weapons with no scaling, but I think that the weapons are scaling like shit, and Dark Hand is probably going to fall off hard in the near future. Is there a weapon that scales with faith and doesn't suck?

Barring lightning imbued weapons? Probably not, but then again, that's all you need for PvE.

Dark infused Lothric Knight Sword (straight sword) is a really good weapon

I go for the agape ring first thing on new builds because controlling soul memory is key. Sotfs makes it easier with the extra branches. Once you have the agape ring you can champions and grind limitlessly with no repercussions. On such carefully controlled characters, acid becomes a bane because it forces you to spend souls to repair upgraded equipment, else go unupgraded and grind for drops again. Soul memory is easily the single worst thing in all the games.

Any stories or settings where a tribe sacrifices a prisoner to their insatiable captive giantess who uses their entire body as a dildo until they drown in her juices?

__Yes__

You're probably better off just putting Lightning Blade on your weapon of choice but if you can make the heavy investment, a Blessed Lothric Knight Greatsword is really good. Slap a Blessed Caestus in the offhand and the Sun Princess ring and you get a mildly decent regen going on; saves Estus but might not be life saving.

Fugg, didn't know that. I should play with gems more often

I didn't want to use swords this run but I like this kind of coincidence.

I know we're in an anonymous imageboard and everyone's got their own kind of fucked up but seriously mate.

Blessed adds faith scaling and hp regen (the regen is a constant 3 but upgrading it to +10 reduces the tick timer to 3hp / 1.5s)

Dark Gem makes it do Dark Damage and scale off of Faith/Int

Lightning Gem makes it do Lightning Damage and scale off of Faith.

Are you shitting me? That's borderline normalfag vanilla fetish. SNL even made a giantess insertion skit where Prince Charles turned himself into one of Camilla's tampons.

aitch pee regen builds are the best builds. they piss people off in duels because you can constantly heal and shrug off mistakes but if they don't want to be outed as a faggot they can't chug, but they also can't do the same to you since it's your build. pvp in that game is garbage anyway.

Anyone playing DeS? I've gotten the MLGS in DaS and DaS3 this past week and I'm going after it (and the rest of the game) in DeS before shutdown. I've cleared 1-1, 2-1, 3-1 and 4-1 and gave 5-1 the slightest of probings so far. It's such a gorgeous weapon. It's taken all these years and the Old Hunter's DLC for me to appreciate it but now I adore the thing.

Said my goodbyes a few days ago. Started a DEX build from scratch all the way through NG+ and played Latria in NG+++ with my first character which I used to platinum the game and get the one thing I was missing (yellow tornado hat); was lucky to intercept the one guy going through 3-3 with a meta build and didn't even get to fight, the Mind Fucker got the job done.

BB's is IMHO the best and most fun followed by DeS just for weirdness of it (unblockable and a FTH weapon).

Speaking of fun weapons, DeS has hands down the best spear move set in the series. Every other game it's poke at varying speeds while DeS gets reverse grip pokes, sweeps, overhead smacks and leaping thrusts followed with something I could only describe as a one-inch thrust (it's weird but looks really cool). Why the fuck did they discard it?

It's alright. Sure as hell wouldn't pay full price for it.

Well I'm going to kill myself now.

Obobobo is a faggot who simply finds what is broken, he won't use any weapon that doesn't melt opponents within a few R1s

I'm sure as shit trying, but the servers have been shitting themselves for the last month, thereby making online next to impossible. There is a """""maintenance""""" in an hour, but I doubt it'll fix shit.

I just want to play one of my favorite games online one more time before it all goes offline, and Fatlus can't get their shit together. Announce servers are terminating, and don't do shit to make them usable until LITERALLY 2 weeks before shutdown. Fuck off.

That spears sounds pretty great. Maybe it was a balancing decision? Giving spears a wide variety of attacks in DaS and allowing you to attack with shield raised maybe seemed to overpowered together on the same weapon and they just went with the latter for spears since the former was the territory of nearly all other weapons. Just a guess. Could you actually attack with shield raised?

That sucks. I haven't had any noticeable trouble the past few nights when I've played it. I've had PS3 gpu trouble that kept Latria from rendering after sustained operation. I was running through level based on memory since none of the walls, floors or doors were rendering. It was horrifying. I haven't tried it yet tonight, I hope it connects.

Yup. It's just that the moves look cool, probably not more efficient or anything. That said, "Scraping Spear" is a term that might trigger some PTSD fits.

That's Latria for ya. :^)
It's odd, besides frame rate drops, everything's been smooth on my end. The two times I got to be the 3-3 boss also played well.

So I take it you two have been able to co-op and invade at will? I've not seen one summon sign, and messages stay for about 5 minutes before disappearing all together, yet I am still connected to the servers. Give it another 5 minutes, and I'm getting the audio and framerate hitches associated with the servers dying.

I don't feel all that bad about missing out. I got my fun online from DeS back when people actually played it, but I'd still like one last bout of online fun before it's all gone, forever.

I only tried my hand at Old Monk. Got summoned about 4 or 5 times there with a Lv40 build but only got 2 fights, Mind Flayers did the job for the other 3.
Also got someone to be my boss for 3-3. Was happy about it, until I saw I got a grass munching, Firestorm spamming jackass.

I'm thinking about playing it again. It's why I'm looking it up. I don't have a billion hours to spend getting my ass kicked to know what is good and what is shit.

It's revolving because they're actively discovering the most broken shit and their discoveries sometimes get patched out, like the old wombo combo weapons.

There is a world of difference between the guys that know the safe 3 hit combo and the guys just trying to get decent trades. You only get to mess up once or twice vs safe 3 hit combo man. PvE scrub has to punish and trade 10s of times, if he knows how to do that at all.

There wasn't enough of Sir Vilhelm

What are good tube channels about Dark Souls lore? Any recommendations that should be known?

People on Holla Forums hates VaatiVidya so I guess not that one.

Check out Sinclair Lore, but only watch videos where she has Jerks Sans Frontieres on. He is the real deal, Sinclair Lore herself is annoying and kind of dumb