Night in the Woods is the strangest game premise

So its a game that tries to paint a social commentary on a very isolated and decrepid portion of the United States with clear allusions to the previous election campaign climate but on reflection its not a straight A or B situation. It paints the older generation as desperate and washed up but then thats exactly what the younger generation is but they hope things will improve for different reasons.

I've seen a lot of anons talk about this game as a right vs left commentary but considering the setting it feels far more like a commentary on action vs inaction.

Its a leftist hipster furfag fantasy made by someone who has no perspective out of their own echo chamber
Its Catcher in the Rye for the ADHD crowd who can't read a book and don't want to play video games.

Thats what i hear people say but beyond a gay couple in a stable relationship why are all the young people trash fires if its pro left propaganda?

Not having played/watched the game, it's probably because from the writer's perspective they're great people, despite being completely shitty people.

They aren't though. They are all bitter fucks or the agents of their own self destruction and written as such.
I wonder if its one of those 'i haven't played it but Holla Forums told me it was propaganda' jobs just like back when we had goon raids trying extremely hard to push a anti japanese games rhetoric.

shill

Because they don't see that as being trashfire. Leftists actually think that shoplifting is a positive thing. They have no self awareness or external perspective.
There is no shortage of people like that in leftists echo chambers. Look at something like Far Cry 3 whose writer thinks he has wrote something "empowering" for africans and decries white savior tropes when thats literally what his entire game is with the natives coming across as barbarians.

This game was made by the kind of people who constantly call cops "pigs" by doing their job

for doing their job, fuck

Aaaaand /thread

Wew
How about you delete shill threads instead?

I wouldn't say it's strange, I'd agree it's premise is interesting enough, but as a game, I don't see anything of value. It's another case of "not knowing your medium correctly." Life is Strange is another "game" that does this, being that it feels it'd work better as a book/movie/show/etc, anything besides a game. There's no point for these to be games, but nonetheless, were done so for what feels like "artsy" reasons. Both I feel are incredibly biased towards left-leaning tendencies, as they're obviously catered toward the more left-leaning Millennial demographic made by -surprise surprise- Millennials, so of course, they'd portray their generation as good or "in the right."

The main villains of the game are a cult who are upset that immigrants stole their jobs and worship a dark god to get them back.

You must be the furry that tried to recommend that guy to play this 'game'. Considering that I wasted about 9 hours streaming this shit for Holla Forums I can rightfully say your full of shit and get fucked by a nigger with AIDs.

Do you not remember Uncommon Time? Complete thrashfires are seen as good people, while a single character who merely points out why people are fuckups and repeatedly tells people what not to do in order to not fuck up and gets pissed when they ignore her and the fucking world is doomed because of it is considered a villain, even if said character is also an asexual genderfluid brown girl.
The people who create shit like this are so thrash themselves that merely being less thrash than them makes you a villain.

k den

This 'game' is hot garbage. I wasted about 10 hours of my life on this because I heard it had a good story. Its just agonizing how little actually happens. You spend so much time just walking around looking for something to happen. The lefty nonsense is front and centre. The main characters is one of the most detestable characters I've ever seen, and all the other characters adore her and forgive all her retardation and maliciousness because she is just so fun and quirky. Seriously this girl is the worst. College dropout main character yells at her mum and calls her a loser because she is still living in a country town. This is despite the fact that the parents took out a mortgage on their house to pay for main character's college fees. Anons steer clear. This is one of the most rage inducing games I have ever seen.

You're giving leftards a lot of credit for thinking they can write anything complex and thought-provoking beyond endlessly fellating their degenerative lifestyle to hell and back.

Take your tumblr bullshit outta here. But leave the R34 next to the door on your way out.

That's why you never take their bullshit at face value. As implies, the interesting part is grasping what's going on in the brains the people who made it and then knocking holes in it for shits and giggles.

TIME TO BUST OUT THE AUTISTIC RAGE.

The cunty cadre of one-diminsionaly written, two-diminsionally rendered characters that join you on your journey to the center of the daddy issues include an unmedicated violent scitzophrenic cat as a vehicle to give you snippets of a blue balling disappointing eldritch undertones- A hot topic alligator boot bitch who was accidentally almost written like a decent person and character- I'm sure that'll be fixed in a later patch. A penguin of doom meme given flesh fur and fox ears packed with enough autism to power minecraft channels for the next three years and in descending order of quality a side cast of who-gives-a-shit props with dialog boxes dangling above them.

The overall writing and setting is an attempt at painting a picture of a struggling small town as seen by people who have no idea what a "witholding tax" is as they clutch their proverbial pearls about poverty and the working class while hissing "Flyover states" past a pair of snakebites and a tongue stud.

Thankfully this is allievated as they almost realize their grasp on the subject at hand is as loose as their own collective grip on reality and general human interaction- So there's a vague lovecraftian B side distraction to the main body of the story of the struggles of a shiftless psychopath and their furry fuckups.

Which would be almost interesting if it didn't play out like crib notes from a lovecraft book report with a payoff more disappointing than july 2016 to a bernie backer.

Summary: The game is a tone deaf mess of a slice of life story as told by writers with less collective life experience than a mayfly. And when every malcontent mouthpiece character on screen isn't hamfistedly horking up the developer's ideology directly into your eyeballs in dialog box framed diatribes- The characters waste the rest of your precious time on this earth by taking every opportunity to whinge and whine about their boring shiftless lives and self imposed problems- Firmly cementing the fact that the cast's greatest antagonists are themselves. More often than not any negative outcome or blowback in the plot is entirely the fault of any given character's shit behavior and the lingering consequences from it. Tieing it perfectly into the broken aesop brand of story development shared with "Gone home" and "Sunset" and falling firmly in the "Fuck you dad" framework tumblr's indie scene is terrified to stray away from.

Environments look nice, that's the only good thing I'm getting from this so far

Too bad it's shit, could have been decent lovecraftian horror if they didn't make it not a good game.

user I appreciate your autistic diatribe. The rage this game induced in me was horrendous and I still have bad memories about it. I don't understand how anyone can see the alligator character, who is working hard to support her family and doesn't want to get involved in main character crazy cat's shenanigans such as shop lifting and breaking public property, and not be overcome by the contrast between a good and bad person. Like do the writes just lack all self awareness? Of course I forgot the kinds of people I was talking about.

Great thread OP, really feeling the video games

Capitalism killed the cat
What did IGN mean by this?

Only Slavs and the Japanese Devs Get lovecraft in current year.

Also to shit on your own green text.

The difference being in reality- Instead of the idiotic doomsday cult metaphor the game tries to shit down your throat.
The result is my paychecks aren't getting fucked anymore and jobs are flooding back.

Golly gosh goody fuckin' gumdrops. It's almost as if 20-30 something forever toddlers obsessed with building an identity around who's putting what in each other's holes 24/7 are completely lacking in life experience and any and all understanding of how a nation works! WHO WOULD HAVE FUCKING GUESSED? Not to mention the veiled (Veiled as in a micron thin white shirt on a sweaty fat bitch under a fluorescent light) constant drum beating telling anyone not already in their choir that they are evil/stupid/expendable at every turn.

That's why I add a heaping fucking helping of scorn on the pile for the developers of this shit pile and anyone who promotes this shit pile.
It's all loose brained agenda as the foundations of anything they do and no matter how good aspects of the creation they build on top of it- It's still a castle built on shit. Even if the end result doesn't completely sink into the bog of bowel movements it's still going to reek of shit.

No one with a brain and an iota of self respect wants to waste their time or money to hear and experience "We hate you" said a dozen different ways no matter how pretty the colors are or how nice the musical score behind it is.

I wish game journalists were half as eloquent and amusing as you are.

Now that's unfair, Uncommon Time is just an RPGmaker game made by one tumblrite in her spare time while Night in the Woods was made by a professional team of crack Canadian hipsters after an extremely successful Kickstarter and Uncommon Time is way fucking better.

Just want you to know that i appreciate your autism

I compared the retards who made it, and what their terminal case of leftism did to their brain. Not the games themselves, at least Uncommon Time had gameplay.

this
/thread

All other responses are moot

Were you the one who autistically screamed when they said normies? I bet you're glad your stream accomplished absolutely nothing and we still have threads about this shit gameI fucking know I'm not.

tl;dr
Shill your shitty furbait game elsewhere, we already had a thread about this game not even a week ago.

I wonder (((why)))

Really makes you think. Eh Cuckchanner?
>>>/4chan/
>>>/Neogaf/

nigger I'm not trying to make this a console war, I'm trying to say that it's being shilled because it's relevant again

I want to hatefuck Mae.

Heh, the fag who WANTS to talk about a shitty SJW game that even my little sister played for a few moments, then shook her head and said it was the faggiest shit she had ever seen–he says someone else should go back to cuckchan.

Stop pretending you have a little sister. That’s beyond faggoty.

Doubt

>I wonder (((why)))
That like saying we are getting more Gone Home threads because of ((PS4)). Aka the first console that gotten Gone Home and gave it away as a PlayStation membership award.

Yes, it is. The game is suddenly relevant again because it was ported to a console, it gets media attention, it gets people who own the console's attention and therefore it becomes enough of a topic to get a thread. It's also a good opportunity to shill, because of the good old trick of striking while the iron's hot.

The game could be good in concept, the problem is that it's headed by a militant commie who doesn't know he's out of his elements on all fronts and only accidentally includes one or two sympathetic situations without even realizing it. Also the randumb everything. I honestly think the dialogue is worse than Life is Strange, it's just not as apparently since it isn't voice-acted.
Posting this playthrough since an user did it for me in my thread asking about this mess. Skip to the time in the description for audio.
Apparently they miss the scene with a line about punching nazis.

You did good, user. That pathetic excuse of a Lovecraft rip-off really fried my balls, too. It was like the writers asked some Starbucks fuck to describe his work in thirty seconds or less and used that as their eldritch plot framework.
Especially aggravating when you just know the writers have all publicly jumped on the Lovecraft shittalking bandwagon because he was raycis in a time when most were. Funny how they can't stop aping work founded on racial prejudices despite how much they'll shriek about it.

Really makes you think

You didn’t even try, Shill-kun
>>>/oven/

You are 100 times better at reviewing a game than people who do it for a living

sage though because we've had enough NITW threads

So these are the people who get triggered by shitty wojak memes

I knew this picture was missing something!

You might actually like this game, you sure as fuck seem to be dumb enough for it.

Loser :^)

Can't stand when hipsters do this shit.

You're the good autism, dear user.