Monster Hunter General /mhg/

OFFICIAL /MHG/ SQUAD: EIGHT FLEET
asked someone to invite you in

MH PSP DOWNLOADS

Freedom Unite: mega.nz/#!87AwmQDD!NlXnMcsIhAliHovCHVvySkY1yo5Zlw3cj4ffUGm9I2w
Portable 2nd G: mega.nz/#!FvomDA7Y!7rYPTlPjbRU_UkX2qVbPEii2zxSID_dAWYdO01XhmsI
Portable 3rd HD for PPSSPP (English Patched): mega.nz/#!3kxWTZpQ!FPNkkIlFY6kmX_XEdw_AzNnpdaj1wqbmw4ALHZo_c4M

MHXX DOWNLOAD

If you scan the last pic in the OP with a home-brewed 3ds with the earlier versions of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.
Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?264641-30-1-2015-CIA-Format-DLC-s-Themes-amp-Updates-Section-Posting-Guidelines-PLEASE-READ

Resources:

>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH4U Relic Chart Stats and Images: imgur.com/a/b3xwy
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/wRH6h
docs.google.com/document/d/1FAeZ83cX7HCiyNvRYGvlzYmOMVEXDxRMkQp5HM5YlG4/pub
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OFFICIAL /MHG/ SQUAD
EIGHTH FLEET

Eighth Fleet squad session ID: 7cYGT4TH4LzT
Joining the session does not change anything. It's like a LAN or lobby. You can still solo quests. This means you can join and continue on as normal while chatting.
When you post a quest, it will be visible to the rest of us and we can join before you depart or during the quest.
For those who still need an invite: just type in the ID in "join online session" | "search via ID"
Reminder that you don't need the ID if you're already in the squad, but if you can't seem to connect to the one that already exists (via squad session search), you might want to use the ID instead.
Unfortunately, the gathering hall hub is near-pointless since you can just post the quests from the village. That being said, we like to see that pretty face, so afk there and not the gay village unless you want to be a homo.

Will reply to this post when ID changes

Copypaste from previous thread, thank you for your hard work user

Did some research on Tempered Monsters in MHW
And collected them in this post for easy digestion.

What is a tempered monster?

Tempered monsters are the endgame/postgame monsters in MHW.
They are just like the regular monsters, but have increased attack power (enough to one shot geared hunters with certain attacks.)
Tempered monsters also have a purple outline in their icon and leave blue tracks.
Investigations with tempered monsters also have purple reward boxes.

Categorically the tempered monsters fall into 3 groups:

Pukei-Pukei
Barroth
Jyuratodus
Tobi-Kadachi
Radobaan
Paolumu
Rathian
Anjanath

Rathalos (Might be tier 1, could not confirm)
A.Rathalos
P.Rathian
Diablos
B.Diablos
Odogaron
Legiana
Bazelgeuse
Lavasioth
Uragaan

Nergigantte
Teostra
Kushala Daora
Vaal Hazak
Kirin

Higher the tier, the better the rewards.
Note: the highest rarity drops are exclusive to the 3rd tier.

Where to fight them?

Tempered monsters are primarily investigation only, there are also few quests that pit you against tempered monsters.
Tempered monster investigations are generally unlocked by gathering tempered tracks in expeditions. (These tracks seem to always spawn in the same spots)
You can also them the same way as normal investigations when hunting tempered monsters. (break parts, gather tracks) But the chance is very low.
They are also found under Investigations section when responding to S.O.S.

Why to fight them?

Tempered monsters drop streamstones in rewards and tempered monster investigations reward either streamstones or feystones.
Streamstones are used to augment Armor. They also come in different rarities.
Streamstones can also be used at the melding pot to create new random decorations out of the old ones.
You can also rarely get "warrior's streamstone" from 2nd tier upwards, they come in different types like Axe (Switch Axe & Charge Blade), Ranged (Bowgun's & Bow), etc, and can be used to augment the corresponding weapon types.
Warrior's streamstones also have a rare version called "hero's streamstone" needed for augmenting Tier 8 weapons.

Note: that lower rarity armor require lower rarity streamstones to augment and lower rarity weapons have more augment slots.

Feystones turn into decorations when identified, and come in several different rarities.
This is the only real way of getting rare decorations, and the fastest way of getting decorations in general.
There are decorations for at least some of the set bonuses present in the game. (Bonus charge level for bow, Extra damage on non elemental weapons, etc).

Augmenting quick and dirty

Weapons can be Augmented following ways:
Increased attack (+5 raw)
Increased affinity (+10%)
Bonus defense (+10)
Extra slots (potentially upgrade existing slot)
Heal on attack

Note: Numbers can potentially vary depending on weapon type.

Rarity 8 weapons have 1 augment slot, Rarity 7 has 2 and Rarity 6 has 3.
Each augment also requires different plates and gems for different monsters.

Note: A weapon must be at the end of it's upgrade path to be augmented.

What do you think a pink rathian smells like?
Asking for a friend.

Don't lie user, we all anonymous poster here.

I noticed the ability to sort armour by slots but there don't seem to be any slots to put accessories in to. Did I miss a tutorial somewhere or something? Does that stuff not unlock until post-game? What gives?

Nice work bumping dying threads OP.

I really wouldn't say it's centered around it, but sure.
At least jho will be free, though?

new session ID?

male

ALL monster hunter DLC was free before worldscucks bought into the marketing. Literally the only fags I know who bought this shit have never played a monster hunter before, and would ask my opinion on it and then act like I kicked their dog when I told them why it was shit.

Could be worse is what I was getting at.
Why is world shit?

I'm not the squad leader

How do I fight Zorah Magdaros again without multiplayer?

Currently going through the game entirely solo. It's an awful fight but weapons/armor seem good.

Wait, it's already released?

There is always a MH general here lurk some more.

Not on PC, so its just in beta.

his mission spawns randomly, same deal with the final boss

Alright, so I just cycle shit until it shows. Thanks user.

Biggest selling game this year so far. Its all over the internet. Game stores have big fucking cut outs and posters of Monster Hunter World. Every faggot and nigger on YouTube is now a MH "Vet" and "expert". And your trying to tell us you didn't notice Casual Hunter is out.

Oh so it's still in garbage phase

I don't use social media and don't follow any gaming pages. And I only use Youtube for satisfying my /k/ autism, so no vidya news there either. I'll just wait for the PC release now I guess.

But even big ass supermarkets are shilling Casual Hunter. Even IRL its hard to miss MHW. I envy you. You must live somewhere chill and remote.

I noticed this too, it's like all of a sudden everyone started playing the series since the original on the PS2. I didn't know Monster Hunter 1 was this popular, it reeks of either shilling and or appealing to experience, as if playing since the original means anything.

Will it? What's to stop them from charging?

I guess you never posted in MH general before because that what everybody been talking about since it was announced

they already said it would be free dummy

I only notice new games through scene releases. I don't go to game stores or follow youtube.

it's possible they could make it pay2win, user. Buy a kirin set for 15 dollars.
I'd steer clear.

You can gloat when they do, but as of now, there's no indication that they will.

This is all conjecture, but here's what I think's gonna happen with Monster Hunter thanks to jewish tricks.
World is extremely popular by appealing to casuals/normalfags plus a heavy push in marketing. This means that new players are going to start pouring in and overwhelming the old fans in sheer number and cash flow. At the same time as your highly hyped game trying to break into the wider audience is releasing, you start adding small shifts to your business practices, for the first time in the series there's paid DLC, cosmetic sure, but they're laying down the foundation. Remember, normalfags/casuals are already used to having their assholes penetrated with abundant amounts of DLC so they'll defend Capcom because it's just cosmetic and doesn't really affect anything, despite the fact that you're paying 60$ for the game already.
Now what happens when you have a newer audience used to getting buttfucked with DLC that overwhelms the older fanbase with sheer numbers? Capcom is now free to push more and more DLC because these retards will eat this shit up and ask for seconds. If you complain they'll call you entitled or an oldfag that's upset at Capcom despite having given you years of free content over the years so you should swallow the bitter DLC pill and open that wallet. Normalfags have a tendency to defend companies over their own self interests, just look at shit like reddit where they'll bend over to defend shitty companies.
My theory then is that Capcom is appealing to a wider audience, while setting up the framework for more and more intrusive or simply more DLC further down the line because by that point, the oldfags that enjoyed the series and are upset that they're jewing it up will be completly overwhelmed by newfags that are used to there being DLC and paying out the nose for DLC in other games. All Capcom has to do is the same ol' sob story that
and normalfags will eat this shit up and defend Capcom to the grave.

To summarize, attract newer audience that's used to DLC in other games and get them used to DLC with this one, newer audience replaces older audience that is upset about DLC existing at all and would boycott you the moment you started charging for gameplay affecting DLC through sheer numbers, newer audience is much more receptive to large amounts of DLC and will buy it up, increasing their profits with next to no negative feedback.

Don't forget the perverse attempt at e-sportsifying the game with hunt achievements and "adopt a noob" programs.

So… do get Shield Bones do I have to grind the Pink Rathian? There are at least 4 weapons I need to upgrade before I go to the last area for the first time.

How the fuck are you going to e-sportify a game about endless grinding with no competition?

Also, how can you adopt noobs? I like the idea of being a gentle master.

Monster Hunter World

the adopt a noob program was something invented by the "community"
meaning reddit

So how many of you guys use lock-on? Because I don't, I've gotten so used to moving the camera and it staying stationary that the lock on ruins the game for me and makes it feel off.

I use it when jumping off walls

I wouldn't mind adopting any of you guys yet I'm just rank 12.

You can turn off lockon so its not auto focusing so tapping L1 just pivots your camera. Like the 3DS games

I dont mind lockon its not really a crutch since I rarely use it and I went through so lock witch a claw that I feel I've earned the right for it

I use it with HBG, very convenient

Having massive zones add nothing to the game since ya just gonna fight in 3 of them
cutting each map in half could have added more actual zones instead of a desert you never go to or a forrest thats only for Rathian
The volcano and Crystal area really should be their own zones, make the volcano bigger and have the crystal area on its own

The limited amount of monsters is awful, adding more later is just game journalist bait. As it stands there is less than Tri. For a game that is supposed to be so big thats really not many actual monsters.

Slingshot and mantels are actually ok, they dont really change the game like styles.

Armor skills I'm still very negative on. Actual set bonuses is nice except they are just previous skills that have been turned into set only, like the Guard up? One that would let you block unblockable things

Talisman/gem switch is awful even in this skill system. Id rather autistically farm a volcano for 40 hours to get a charm with perfect stats than this gem shit
One thing that id like in the future is have the old talisman system but being able to upgrade them like the new system but that be just crazy

I like the Gunlance changes but always been ok with how it has changed each gen, Horn seriously needs an improvement though

Worlds while not as bad as I originally made it out to be, is just still a bad monster hunter game
its got no content with unnecessary changes for a western market that want shit games like destiny and that ubisoft game

Which is exactly what we've seen in these very threads.

Sounds like cancer.

Let's be fair, it does have more than Tri, just still less than most if not all other first releases.

Ok ok I'm talking shit about Tri but it does only have 31 large and most are kinda shit jaggi barroth tier or Rathaloseses

31 is no way acceptable for a game this "size"
it seems more like a beta test to actually make a good game except we won't get a WORLD U we will most likely get a fucking full price g rank "expansion" that while adding more monsters and G rank it wont fix actual issues

Can you imagine how these armor skills would be at g Rank? Its already really easy to make autism sets even without gems

All these newfags claiming to be vets makes me laugh. Me I'm a total noob at MH started playing with 4. I don't understand why people lie about how long they have played a series.
Its like the weeby Final Fantasy fan that claims they started with VI when no cunt knew that series was a thing until VII.
Monster Hunter World is the Final Fantasy VII of MH games and that is not meant as a compliment.

is the most effective way to win fights quickly in mhw still to pole vault onto their backs?

Oh don't get me wrong, I hardly have a positive opinion on World after seeing the facts of it, just that it only invites shitposters when we don't keep to the facts, and the facts alone are condemning enough.

Pretty much, it's the Final Fantasy 7, the Persona 3, the Donte may Cry

Whos the fucking genius who thought making a squishy Uragaan with bones stuck to it is good

Id love this monster if this game had more monsters, its a nice mid level fight and fun to blow up but its just a shit Uragaan that has nothing of value

Ive been playing since freedom. I cannot prove this but I was in the last years of school and basically spent the entire years maths class playing it since my teacher broke both his arms early on and we had temp teachers every week who changed constantly so it was impossible for any learning so I just played my psp

I actually found my freedom unite the other day
I no longer have a psp though

Mounting seems very toned down from 4U

Sure aint no Je suis monté every 5 seconds anymore

I just dug up my PSP the other day after one of my students talked to me about trying out Portable 3rd but getting her ass kicked by the blue bear at the beginning. I ended up giving her a lot of pointers and she said she'd give it another go now, and it made me want to find mine and play it again as well. It's reassuring to realize that even after all this time the game is still challenging enough that it takes me just over 30 minutes to take out the Urgent to move up to HR 2

toned down? i played the beta and i found the game boring because all i had to do was bring the insect glaive and pole vault onto the monsters back 3-4 times to win.

Pardon

Man that makes wonder why they didn't include Arzuros in this. Its got the perfect zones for it.
I dont want this one monster every 3 months shit

I'm trying to get used to lock on but i dont like it. Also since I'm trying to move the camera to look at monster at the same time as scrolling through items, then it open that fucking item wheel and i start sharpening my weapon when i ment to scroll to potions.
Tell me I'm retardrd, and there is a way to turn this shit off.

You can take everything off the wheels just update your item loadout once you do
I dunno if you can do anything else but yea i had that problem till I removed everything

I'll try that out when i get home. Thanks user.

Its not people here. Most people here are informed and know about these games. It is the YouTubers and Reddits. Fuck I even came across a faggot at work that claimed he played Monster Hunter since the PS1 version.

dumbfuck probably played monster rancher for 20 minutes

Post your best pics of the handler, the only tard guard that looks like she needs a tard guard of her own.

No, I'm talking about how OP bumped a bunch of threads at the bottom of the board with short comments to make sure he started the new MHG thread.

This has been the tactic the shills have been employing for a while now to guarantee they snatch the OP.

There nothing wrong with that, rules said for the thread to reach page 13, I just forced it to go down.

Hey Makoto, isn't it a little late to be browsing the internet

jesus christ the state of this board and the MH community

Typical (((industry))) logic.

And typical (((industry))) retorts.

god forbid peoples actually like the game and want to talk about it

why do you think she handles anyway? I assume she's the one who trains the monster flyer helpers. Maybe she needs that butterface to better interact with monsters in the first place?
deepest lore

So you want to make posting in a thread to be a bannable offence?

Monster Hunter's a series, so if you don't want to talk about World then talk about some other entry.

You dumb nigger, they just admitted to spamming other threads to make sure the op for the next thread had a positive spin.

So instead of just posting in the thread like a normal person you made it about being at the front of the board.
If you cared about discussion you'd just fucking discuss it. You care more about advertising the fact it exists.

It's the way you posted dumbfuck. Your feigning of ignorance won't work here. You knew exactly what you were doing.

Spam is an existing ban offense, you extra chromosomed abbo

only

That hardly explains why you feel the need to make so desperately sure that the OP shills World instead of just being a more general Monster Hunter thread like some kind of, I don't know, Monster Hunter General and specifically avoid posting the very neutral in tone list of changes World has made.

But It's not a random post, its short but its on topic

But you specifically did it just to snipe the MH OP. And even fucking admitted to it. You're just digging your grave even deeper. Go back to cuckchan please.

Did I make a post saying "hey go buy this game! its good!"?
Most of the info in the OP are things are related to MH in general, only 1 line related to World which the squad that wasn't even mine, the other posts are just useful info. Is World not permitted to be in the OP?

What really bothers me for no good reason at all is how the newfags cant even tell that rathian is a female. Whenever they refer to her as a HE just gets under my skin. Does the game ever refer to her as queen of the skies or mention that she is a female yet? Because if it does then its the newfags that are retarded for not noticing that.

26:20 in this video really pissed me off.
He wouldnt even stop
HE JUST KEPT ON GOING

By the way if MH4U was on ps4/xbone instead of the 3ds do you think it would be half as popular let alone nearly as popular as world?

Personally, I would have bought a ps4 for mh4u if it were exclusive

It's about how blatant you're making it that you're trying to push a positive spin on World, whether or not you outright say it. The fact that you consistently use World specific images in the OP, something none of the normal OPs ever do, as well as push the idea that there's a sizable portion of 8/v/ users who play the game by pushing the "Official /mhg/ squad" quite prominently over everything else, yet conspicuously avoid posting the rather detailed list of changes that should be the first thing you'd want included if you want to actually have a discussion about World says it all. On top of this, we've already established by your own admission that you went out of your way to slide the board to guarantee you'd get to be the OP. Why? What possible reason could you have to do that? Goodness knows there's no shortage of Anons who can do it.

With the normalfags you mean? Probably not, even as easy as it was it'd still be "too hard" and "too Japanese."

I actually got matched with a Baguette yesterday. The new line is 'Je suis sur le monster!'

What spin you faggot? its literally the Holla Forums squad and monster info. In which way did put a "spin" in the OP? My opinion are my own, the OP are general info, there's not even a hint of my opinion about World in it.

World didn't really change things around, but it did add stuff like more moves for the Long Sword, specifically a second special attack that has you jumping into a downward slice, which lowers your blade level. Additions like that, instead of treating the Long Sword specials like a stacked buff, you can now treat them as ammo to pull off certain attacks, but you can also play the same way you always did with the sword for no issue, you just have a new risky playstyle to master if you want.
Most of the weapons got that treatment and more options, and a few others like the Heavy Bowgun had their turret mode changed to, instead of just firing faster in a locked position aka Turret mode, got 2 special ammo types that refill over time, a heavy machinegun ammo that emulates gives you the fast fire of the turret mode (which you can customize by changing your weapon or customizing it) or the sniper piercing chain explosive that only has one shot but attaches loads of explosives depending on entry. And they added deployable mines to the Light Bowgun that explode on impact and stay there for a while, so you can set three next to your barrels to add on to your party's explosions, or just set them down next to a downed monster's face and melee him over and over with the butt of your gun, setting off the mines and doing a pretty solid amount of damage. Spread shot actually gets use with the Light Bowgun since they mesh very well with the mines and can be triple fired to set off the mines three times.

Frankly turret fire was underpowered and often not used, people just stuck to the unique bullets that the gun had, but now you have special ammo that takes time to load that does huge damage, in the lowest mobility weapon class.

A lot of the added features that were added for beginners, like the damage numbers so you could tell you walked in with the wrong gear or hit the wrong place, can be turned off. World's beginner friendly it looks like, but a beginner would get fucking wrecked by later monsters if they tried using all the new tools. A bunch of idiots use the super armor mantle tool to act like a regular tank class and get wrecked, while the real use for it is for you to slap it on to avoid the effects of roars so you can pile on damage when monsters retreat, it's more suited to a ranged class, and the one they should be using is the mantle that draws attention.

Wrong. It was used constantly in 4U and X/XX. Especially with piercing shots.

We can say shit without evidence all day, but a game's a game.

Why don't you post your evidence to prove your own claims while you are at it m8.

Yes. Constantly, through NPC dialogue and field guide entries. Y'know, shit that newfags won't pay attention to.

Here we go…

wew, I was looking at the in-game wiki and it refers to her as an "it" even though they are the female only counterpart to rathalos.
How did capcom fuck something so obvious and so easy to explain like that up?

Monster Hunter fans are now understanding what Street Fighter fans have had to put up with since 2016 and SFV.
Fucking Capcucks that will defend any old shit Capcom puts out.

bruh, these faggots didn't even include deviljho or poogie in the base game. These fucks just marketed it to the normalfags to throw it out the door because normalfags will pay full price for an unfinished game.

I'm a metroid and former pokemon fan, trust me, I understand

Yes, in just about every quest name for her, it's something to the effect of Sylvan Queen or Queen.

Yea why is this? I played Freedom 2 or whatever (Didn't have nargacuga) then emulator for portable 3rd.
But i never got super far till 4G and i dumped 600 hours into the game.
Thinking about emulating the Wiii U one if it doesn't run like total garbage.

I was seeing that shit unfold and I was just going "man, Capcom is just fucking up everything. At least mon hun is still good"

WELL FUCK GUESS NICE THINGS DON'T HAPPEN IN THIS TIMELINE

good taste. underwater combat is fucky, but not terrible.

Wiiu is decent if you can get past underwater. It's a little overhated, but it was definitely a failed experiment.

Every. Fucking. Time.

erry time.

here is your (You) since your argument is using dated information.

The problem I have with sets is that visually they aren't different anymore. It's like if you played an RPG and mages and warriors all had plate armor but different armor values.

Nice argument, user. Really puts into perspective how all you do is cry "Capcuck" in place of actually refuting things. Good work.

What dated information? All of this is based off gameplay from the released game. If it's outdated, then you can obviously argue against my points and show how they're wrong, instead of just claiming they're wrong with nothing to back it up.

Each set has two versions, and they are visually different in more than just swapping palettes.

I'd still consider myself new to MH altogether.
I'll give 3U a shot, I'm looking at the monster list and it looks pretty fun.
Zinogre is my favorite so that's a plus.
Thanks anons. Here's hoping the Wii U emulator actually works since the last time i tired it.

Might as well post chad memes than that tl;dr

Lol just go naked and afraid if it's too easy you big baby.

Not that you're entirely wrong, but you're being hyperbolic and excluding information for the sake of making your argument seem stronger.

Really get the nogging jogging

MHW is shit if I'm wrong show me actual proof its not shit.

you're an obvious shill capcuck apologist, but I suppose I'll humor your bait for the moment.

yeah, but you're able to move and even run while doing so, where are you vulnerable?
no it doesn't, it's instant like the other games and just has the slow refill animation. If you played any game before Tri, you'd be familiar with this.
maybe when the healing actually takes effect, but you can just run while healing so it's a non factor
Because instant gratification is NOT part of monster hunter; you have to earn every victory, even if that victory is a single monster part to build the last piece of your armor set. Dedication is required to simply assemble a single armor set. Want to build more than one? Get hunting and fucking earn it.
no it isn't, I mentioned fast travel is a thing available from the get go and you only have to SEE the monster for it to stick on your GPS, even if it's not the target. You don't even need to grab "clues" if you walk into the fucker, but if you SOMEHOW don't run into it, a handful of clues will slap it on your gps anyway because what is this thing called hunting?
no, they don't, the retard wrangler is there from start to finish and the prompts are all over the fucking place
no you fucking don't, you get knocked off, you get a snazzy animation of lassoing back onto it and the only "struggle" is your stamina bar running out, which is not likely to happen unless you're a tard who doesn't regularly eat stamina items AKA a casualfag.

as I said as the end of my comment "and that's just to start". The lack of humor in the game is insulting, the color are fucked, everything visually is ruined by this incessant green blob of bugs, but the game won't let me turn THOSE fucks off, it's built around damage numbers to show the retards they are doing damage, and most of all, the game isn't the least bit challenging.

I can retard my way through the game and the hand holding will gladly see me through to the end because why the fuck should I need to put effort into getting a victory, am I right?

Look at this literal retard who can't count to 10

You mean the skill system that requires commitment from the part of the player to get any sort of effect from? The same commitment the ENTIRE series is based on? You need commitment during attacks, healing, sharpening, what items you're gonna bring to the hunt, your goal for the quest (slaying/capturing/gathering) and commit to your goal. MH has always been about committing to a task both in and out of the game, MHW removes a lot of that since you can move while healing and roll during it to avoid taking damage (you lose the full effect of the potion but you still keep more health than if you face tanked the hit in the previous games, without the risk of being stunned) so there's less commitment. Fuck up your preparation? Just gear up at camp. Upgrade weapons like a retard? Just downgrade them, why would you commit to your decisions and have to live with them.
They downplayed the commitment and preparation aspects of MH really hard in World, you'd have to be an idiot not to see it. Hell they even added good changes to these core elements, like being able to see the weapon tree so you can plan ahead and commit to the path you want your weapon to take without looking it up.

*looking it up online

niggerfaggot

running and running while drinking potion are not the same speed.
Look at the webm again retard, it lights up the amount of hp you are recovering and then the green bar start filling it. I f you got hit or dodge during thing, it will stop healing and you wasted the potion
Stop fucking lying if you haven't played the game, the button prompt stop appearing after a few quest. Same goes to cutscenes, it only appear once after you clear the quest. If you repeat the same story quest, there wont be any cutscene.
No, Camp need to be unlock, you only be given 1 at the start, the rest you'll get by searching for it or by story quest.
Yes you do because the monster didn't just trying to shake you off, they will try to rammed you on the wall or trees, which you can't "lasso" back if you squish.

So the game being more convenient is somehow a bad thing? Are you retarded?

Are you? Or did you just not read the post before responding long enough to see where they said that was a good change?

Has someone opened a new Session yet?

No I just skimmed through it because his complaints are all retarded that I didn't read all his whining about how if you forgot something it's better to have to restart the whole quest rather than be able to just grab it at camp. He obviously hasn't even played the game either since most of his complaints are just lies anyway.

Yes it's a bad thing.

If you want to join the squad, only leader can invite you in, if you already in the squad, you dont need session ID to party up

Like I said before Capcucks. They just blind rage without looking at all the points made. Its all they know how to do. Their blind loyalty to one of the most jewish of Japanese companies blocks all reason.

So you're a scrub that just quits instead of winging it, I bet you're one of the homofags that also quits out of the zone to heal and sharpen instead of doing it close to the monster to avoid downtime and re-entry risks.

It's hard to wing a capture with no fucking traps faggot.

Don't like it? Fucking prep for the quest. Ran out of traps in the quest? Your fucking fault for not using them correctly. Monster hunter was very blatant about failure states being directly tied to how much of a faggot you were.

Then why the fuck did you take a capture quest, which is a rare quest compared to the amount of hunting quests so you don't have the excuse of just doing the grind and forgetting stuff, without preparing yourself? If you go out hunting for ducks and you brought your deer call it's your fucking fault for being unprepared.

That's why you had to restart nigger. Christ it's amazing they release this shit in the west at all when there are faggots like you actively trying to get people to not play the game.

Slower than without healing, and doing anything, such as climbing or dodging, cancels it.
No, it isn't instant. If the animation is canceled at any time, the green bar stops right where it was at that time. If you dodge halfway through a heal, you only get half the heal.
It's taking effect the entire time your character is chugging that potion.
You're just defending arbitrary grinding. If you've made one set for a monster, you've already shown you have the skill required to do so. Requiring you to grind the same mount just so you can try out a different kind of weapon doesn't do anything but use up more of your time. MH is a fucking video game, not a job.
But only one camp is available from the get-go, and you have to unlock the others.
For that quest, only. And you act like paint balls were this significant thing, when, really, they were just an inventory slot waster, and forgetting to use them was just a slight inconvenience, given how small maps were in previous titles. Even if you didn't know its habits, finding a monster was, usually, fairly quick, as it didn't take long to cover a map. As large, vertical, and intricate as the maps are, now, having no way to find a monster, aside from paintballing, would make seeking them out take a ridiculously long time.
Yes, they do. The handler keeps talking, but only for story specific shit. She stops telling you that you need to dodge the monster after the first time she does so. If you mean the combo lists that appear in the top right corner of the screen, that is not "x to awesome".
That only happens if you still have stamina, and it takes a huge chunk of stamina when it does happen.
It has about the same amount of humor as the previous games, complete with goofy animations.
How so? As far as I can tell, it's just a bit less anime in its color palette than 3 or 4, and even 2 was pretty toned down in terms of color.
The damage numbers are there to actually give you effective feedback as to how well you are doing. The blood splatters in the previous games were barely noticeable, unless you specifically payed attention to them (something you're probably not concerned about when a monster can take most of your health bar if you get careless), and they provided no frame of reference. Sure, you could see if you were doing more damage, but you had no real indicator of how much more damage, nor any baseline to know if any blood splatter was enough damage. The MH series was so terrible at providing feedback to the player that even vets recommended the use of databases outside the game. That wasn't a good thing.
The games have never been challenging at LR, which you apparently only have played, if you've played the game at all. HR will kick your ass if you make a mistake.

How fucking stupid do you have to be?

Are you mentally ill? Nobody's keeping you from playing the game but yourself, you're the moron that's unable to adapt to the game and instead wants it to adapt to your failures.

Except the QoL isn't given to you on a silver platter. You only have 1 camp at the start, the scoutflies doesn't automatically tracked monster from the get go, by the time you reach a level where you unlocked everything, you already familiarize yourself with the map and monsters location.

Wait can't you go in your item box in the tent?

SO what your saying is they dumbed it down for casuals.

well, i'd like to join but how do i contact him?

user that started pklaying 3rd recently.

So I found a calling with the Gunlance. Upgraded to a bone lance for now and planning to build a great bone lance. Any way to get my Felyne comrades to not dick around when I'm trying to fight shit

No, in actual monster hunter games, you get better, learn the monster's attack pattern, and all of its tells more after every quest. In mhw, since skill isn't required, they should just unlock the full armor set and all weapons after beating the monster once, because after your first fight, it actually is arbitrary grinding.

I bet you guys are the same faggots that complain about every new monster hunter because they changed something. I remember when 4U came out and all you niggers were complaining about mounting because it makes the game too casual and stupid shit like that.

Gotta wait until he post the new session ID, the squad system the most stupidest guild system ever created

Could you explain why skill isn't required? Because you niggers keep saying that but you never say why.

Your options are either not play with the Palico active, or just accept that it's going to be a dipshit until you're low health for the Vigorwasp Delivery.

Started with Freedom Unite on PSP, then went on to 3 Tri and 4u on 3ds, and now I'm thoroughly enjoying World. I'm sorry to shatter your preconceptions you fucking retard.

You're all wrong, the real issue was right in front of us.
archive.is/wRH6h

Well sometimes they do shit. I just wanted to know if there was a way to tell them WHEN to do shit.

Give them a sleep or para weapon and they'll put the monster out for you once or twice.

You can manually use their gadget from your item list to make them use it if it's not on cooldown, that's about it

Nice assumption, keep flailing about like a retard since you clearly have no other argument. For the record, FU is my personal favorite while I consider 4U to be the objective best, as in FU's my favorite due to nostalgia/challenge while 4U's the best due to monster quantity and design, along with level design and small improvements that didn't fuck with the core pillars of the series.

When you hit level 10 proficiency on a gadget, you get to manually activate the gadget. That's about it.

I've actually been liking the Shieldspire. Having them taunt the monster so you have a second to heal up should you need to is really nice. Flashfly Cage is the only gadget I haven't levelled yet barring the Plunderblade.

well fuck.

Gotta rebuild funds and hunt the Azueros for a bit. G. Jaggi is just a bit too much for me to chew on at the moment

What they did was make it so you didn't have to go to kiranico or download a dex if you wanted to know where to hit a monster with what.
There is a goddamn ceiling, you know it, and you're ignoring how the rng likes to screw people. Someone can get all the materials they need in three hunts. Someone else might need ten hunts, and the only difference is how much luck they had. That has nothing to do with skill or dedication, it's just arbitrarily making some people have to hunt more than other people for the same exact reward.

I already elaborated on this and even the post, dated or not, is still on the mark in that these casualizations are not qol.

Also, people keep trying to argue "that shit was from the beta/demo!" yet it makes it to the final game and they defend it by saying "you're using an old screencap" when it's no different from the final product.

All bait to try and force someone to buy the shit on the plate.

what

Wait which monhun are you playing?

Coral cheerhorn is the best by far, though

Learn to read the damn posts, nigger

already said 3rd on PSP

Yes? They've been in the series for ages.
No and first aid meds if that's what you mean were already part of the series, unless you mean the flying up bugs in which case yeah good luck relying on those for your healing.

Yeah the game is more casual, it still isn't a casual game.

Yeah that point's a bit subjective, I just felt the ledges gave more variety to the environment without feeling too overbearing. Sorry user.

Fight something other than the first three monsters on LR
Half the time they come to kill you not the other monster
Enjoy running out of time because you are a shitter and have to run back to the monster every five seconds
You can't use it in combat so it's not nearly as useful as you make it out to be
They appear so rarely if you don't have them on your cat that you can't rely on them
Have you even played monster hunter faggot the dodge has always had i frames
If anything faggot potions take more commitment than they used to as they take almost three times as long to heal and they aren't instant so if you roll or climb while drinking you don't get shit for health back

I'm talking about i frames in attacks and combos, not the dodge, you donkey fucking inbreds

In low rank.
You can't consistently make monsters meet each other, and they don't always engage in turf war. If they do, they often gang up on you, afterward, anyway.
Running slowly, healing slowly, and any interruption wasting the potion.
It still takes materials to craft them, and replenishing your stock from your camp takes quest time.
That only works when a monster isn't trying to eat your face off.
Valid, but they only spawn in specific areas, meaning you have to be fortunate enough to be fighting the monster in those areas. It's a bad change, but not as bad as you make it out to be.
MH always had i-frames. It had skills specifically for increasing i-frames, as well.
Somewhat valid, but it has been an increasing trend in the series before MHW.

Don't swear user that's rude and you're still wrong.

More specifically, the evasion skill literally gives you more i-frames and it's been in the game since at least MHFU.

Do you even have proof of this because I have never fucking seen that happen ever.

Super armor during certain attacks has been in MH well before World.

Super armor=/=i frames
Super armor is prevention from knockback, you still take the damage

Is anyone else having trouble connecting? I swear this garbage fucking sony network system never works well for a full day.

Show me where you get i frames during an attack because I have never once seen that actually happen.

It wasn't on the mark because the poster was under the pretense that the player were given these advantages without the need to learn anything.

I had that issue earlier while fighting a HR Jyuratodus. Just dropped connection near the start of the fight, still had the MP HP pool and all, ended up getting help from Bazel like 3 times and still barely killed it.

Either it's straight up i frames in some of the longsword/switch axe combos, possibly more, or hitboxes are buggier than a gay bar in LA

Really makes you think…

The best way to get felynes to not dick about when you're fighting a monster is to give them last stand and no armor and hope they die as quickly as possible.
Felynes only make things harder except for maybe if you're playing gunner or you're really bad at not dying

That's ok, honestly ledge walls and high ledges didn't bother me, what pissed me off was slopes that affected your effective movement speed compared to a stationary monster or caused monster hitboxes to have longer or shorter range than they otherwise should without being properly rebalanced around the changes, and those itty bitty ledges (especially on the tower peak) which are easy to miss and force you into a long, vulnerable, jump.

Then show me an example nigger. Because you keep saying this shit and I have never actually seen it ever happen and you just keep coming back and saying "Hurr i frames during attacks.".

*interrupts your hunt*

I seriously wish I was a fly on the wall for the meeting where they came up with Bazel.

I don't own a PS4 so I've been watching people on twitch play MHW, and people keep complaining about Bazel.
I can't wait for Savage Devil Jho to appear and watch them see Bazel and everything they love getting eaten

You are greatly oversimplifying it, as well as making the blood spatters to be more useful than they really were. Again, you have no frame of reference for blood splatters. As far as you know, a big blood spurt might be twice as much damage as a smaller one, or it might be something like 1.2 times as much damage. Without this knowledge, you have no idea how important it is to prioritize weak spots. This is especially important for quests with small time limits, like elder dragon hunts and the harder investigations in World, because knowing how much you should prioritize weak spots can be the one difference between success and failure. Plus, blood spatters are terrible for telling you how effective your element is or just how much stronger one attack is over another. And, while the head is important for knockout damage, it's not always the weakest part of a monster to impact damage. If you've got multiple people with impact weapons, it's usually better if only one or two focus on the head, so people aren't tripping each other up by all focusing on the same spot.

Would would the deviljho eat then?
Bazels explosive testicles?

And if you maxed the evasion skill in previous games it practically turned into a Platinum game with how lenient the i-frames became.
Granted this is if you're good at the games, which I definitely was.

I want a quest that features both Deviljho and Bazel and preferably in the arena just to watch the salt flow.

We are talking about a monster whos so angry that he's going to eat his own severed tail, so I wouldn't put it past him

Sorry my friends, I forgot to check for a new thread.
New ID: 4AyHuNumawXb
(Thursday 4:09pm eastern time)

Can't someone in the session check the ID themselves, or does it only show up for me? All I do is open the player list and it's right there.

You guys know you can change it so that you can lock-on like all other MH games, right?
I tap L1 to rotate the camera to the monster all the time. It's in the settings. Use Type 3 in Target Camera Controls.

I had a nice giggle, and I think I know who this is. Thanks for the laugh.

I hope they add more weapon types in updates like a boomerang or chakrams or even something on a chain, game needs more ranged options. Although I wonder if the current ranged options are properly balanced. Is the heavy bowgun still the most "efficient" weapon or have the other weapons been brought to speed? Any weapons that just flat out overshadow others like the chargeblade outperforming the hammer in 4U?

I know you can change the lock on, but I've never used lock on in that game either. I was just curious how many people actually USED the lock on mechanic.

You're embarrassing yourself.

Are there any more zettai-like female armors?
I have Nercylla and Zamtrios which has also been my best armor through 3* & half of 4*

It wasn't. They added it in a day 1 patch.

Is there some trick to vaal hazaaak? I've fought him a couple times now and even though he's not too tough at all he does piss through my resources since standing near him will fuck up my health bar. Am i really supposed to wait till he does his breath attack every damn time

Yeah well fuck me, I guess

So it's just the complaints of a third world nigger with shit internet then.

Get effluvia expert and effluvia resistance, and his gimmick is entirely gone

I just never think to use it. I guess 1000+ hours on handheld monhun made me used to it.

bummer, i was hoping there was an environment trick like how you can shoot a torch pod at the ground in the other gassy parts of the vale

It's about the principle. Poogie has been a series staple for a long time, so the fact that they took so long to implement it that it had to be added through a patch is a weird oversight of theirs.

Weird oversights are bound to happen when you move your series from a 240p toaster to 1080p+ capable machines.

Oh well I do for sure.
Force of habit but it's also better. Specially for monsters like Odogaron.

Don't let him heal. That's what I noticed on my first try, and I beat him. It was a long fight for sure though.
Try flashing or barrel bombs when he tries to pull that shit.

Almost all of these are wrong or exaggerated. This hate hard-on for World is getting really stupid, especially when it's clear you haven't touched the game.

It's weird, I thought he was insanely easy the first time I fought him. Went through maybe three or four nullberries. The next time, he might as well have been a different monster. Same gear, same weapon, same everything (maybe a different palico skill), and I went through a full stack of berries and almost all of my mega potions. He was infinitely more aggressive and his effluvia aura was bullshit.

i fought him 2-3 times and i'd agree. although he wasn't too tough to fail me outside of his first encounter her put up more of a fight. Still one of the easiest elder dragons in the series though since you can lay into him while he does his long ass breath attack

ID no longer exist

Just tried it and it works for me.

must be my connection

Resident Evil is a zombie, how ironic. Dead Rising is beyond dead.

This whole fucking post is retarded, but this is the most noteworthy one. It's ok that it takes no skill because the other one expected you to work for your topple, which is the only reason you mount a monster for to begin with. Casuals are fucking braindead to the core.

Suckstart a shotgun.

Kek. The original point is that one made you work for it to begin with while the other system doesn't because you can't be knocked off. The only one shifting the narrative here is you.

which one? the part about using grappling hook to run away from monster? the part about monster wont attack you in their nest? or did you not read the screencap?

You stupid fuck. That waste of code was patched in.

Nigger it was piss easy to mount and get things down. The only reason it was hard was when french hunters would hit the monster while you were mounted. Have you played 4U?

But you can be knocked off and smashed to the walls or trees if you don't change your mounting position.

Why do the French even play games? I have yet to meet any French people in online games that are actually useful in a team.

You are retarded.

Not all of them, and not in the literal, exaggerated form those posts make them out to be.
The other one gave you a handy-dandy colored bar that told you when to attack and when to hold on. That bar doesn't exist in World. You have to actually observe the monster to know when it's safe to attack and when you need to hunker down. Also, since the monster can down slam you into pieces of the environment (which you can't lasso back from), you have to watch and make sure you move to a different part of it. Mounting in World literally demands more attention and more input than previous games.
They're wrong because there's already a dozen posts detailing why they're wrong, which you conveniently ignored for the sake of your own post.

Good job user, you just fucked your drop rate, now you'll never get what you want. The desire sensor and Poogie work together.

see

You're a Capcuck.

Nah those shitheaps weren't rebuttels because you ignored the contents of the posts in question. Fanboys practice double think as well it seems, quit fucking projecting you queer. It's been shown before that you shills ignore the arguments made.

I came to this thread to see how people are enjoying the game, only to find a big steaming pile of shit.

I've just recently finished the main campaign of the story-line, a feat which took me over 100 hours, and left me very satisfied.

I honestly don't get the hate on this game, all of the above complaints are so nit-picky its laughable, and you should at least wait until they announce paid non-cosmetic DLC before you start shitting on them for paid non-cosmetic DLC, and even if they do happen to price further expansions, I think it will be rightfully justified. I wholeheartedly think I got my money's worth with the current load of content in the game.

Also, if you think this new iteration of Monster Hunter is too easy, fuck off. It's so obviously a better game than all previous, and I would bet my life everyone complaining about difficulty hasn't reached tempered elder dragons yet. The buildup of difficulty in the game is slow, but if anyone here actually played through the game fully I'm sure they'd find the difficulty level they desire.

It doesn't emulate, and even if it did the WiiU port ran WORSE than the 3DS version. The whole affair was pretty embarrassing for the WiiU.

I think the only MH games that you can actually emulate fully are the PSP games. The one on the Wii also half-runs. None of the 3DS ones emulate.

This ignores two things: that stamina doesn't regenerate while on the monster, like it did in earlier games, and that you can't lasso back from all knock offs, which I already pointed out in the post of mine you replied to.
If anyone ignored the content of those posts, you could point it out, and detail how they failed to rebuke them. Most of those posts went point by point, arguing why each point was wrong. If the rebuttals are wrong, you could also go point by point, detailing why. Put your money where your mouth is.

Is this what people said about Hyper monsters in Generations too? At least hyper monsters looked different and behaved differently instead of just doing more damage.

He is literally only here to start shit.

Its actually the exact opposite.

Did you actually play it, or just touch the case? Did you make it to HR, or are you still a LR faggot?

HR faggot here I'm up to the bit when old Gotenks shows up and the down' syndrome girl takes a spaz fit when she sees some shitty crystals.

get your triple gay ass the fuck away from me, faggot³

Blood splatter tells you you're doing more damage. Damage numbers tell you you're doing more damage. What's the difference?

Because one immerses you and the other reminds you that you're just playing an unpolished video gayme

Hi Tumblr. Go back to Gone Homo.

You could have said "I have played the game, and I disagree.", but you didn't. Which leads me to believe that the other user is right and you haven't actually played the game to assess the damage. Which isn't much, from what I have seen. I have my grievances but they are not, at all, the same as your's or the other anons'.

You might have typed it wrong or you need to update the game.
Or, yea, your connection as you said.

Monster Hunter is anything but immersive my dude. Everything is janky as fuck. And if you deny it you're a turbo faggot, because people in this thread have used the argument that the janky shit is a casual filter.

Blood splatters require you to pay attention and git gud while damage numbers let you turn your brain off.

Like what?

i need them for two of my weapons and fight this cunt isn't very exciting, i was having more fun doing anja/rath investigations trying to get gems

Gotta love the soyboy capcucks here that instead of arguing with the guy that has Monster Hunter World and fucking hates it (The dude that KNOWS how fucking casual it is and they can't bullshit ) They argue with the wise people that decided to avoid this trash and play the better older games.

Immersion is good tho

Just fought my first nergigante.
The game is getting so fun oh boy.
Next I'm taking down Beetle Juice and making a suit out of his skin.
Maybe odogaron because it makes me look thicc.

Well I mean with this being a "gameplan" for the series from here, it's really telling how shit the future is gonna be

Please elaborate.

You indescribably stupid faggot. You're the reason why they've shat out this abomination of a game. Fucking absolute morons like you who sit there and gestate in your own filth while your dejected family members wipe a mop in your general direction to maybe curb the biting stench of your own failure and stupidity.

You only have 5 posts in this thread, and have mentioned nothing about why the game is bad in any of those posts. If you had actually been lurking the threads, you would have noticed there's a clear difference in the kinds of people who argue about mhw. Group A being people who bitch about things in the game that they don't understand + people that haven't actually seen or played the game. And group B being people who have played the game and recognize that there are things wrong with the game but are having totally different conversations.
I really can't tell if this is bait anymore, and I don't know if I'm wasting my time in replying. They are getting better at this lads, watch out.

so what's that bullshit I have to go through to play MHFU emulated online with my friends?

You mean setting up hamachi?

what ever you have to do for PPSSPP

I used this and it worked fine with my friend, way better than putting your system on a DMZ, just port forward the ports you need.
docs.google.com/document/d/1FAeZ83cX7HCiyNvRYGvlzYmOMVEXDxRMkQp5HM5YlG4/pub

Thank you

So you deny the janky shit in the series? A series damn near defined by it? Turbo faggot confirmed.

How do I join the squad?

I neither confirm nor deny, because I have no idea what you're specifically referring to.

The only good thing about it is it looks good. Other than that the game is pretty bad.

What user is trying to say is that the terrible controls and game design (aka the "jankiness") is what really makes Monster Hunter so good, and the reason why is because it wards off casuals from entering the franchise, even though a big part of why Monster Hunter is very popular in Japan is because of the online and ad-hoc multiplayer aspect and that you can play with anyone almost anywhere due to the prevalence of internet cafes in Japan and the portability of the PSP and 3DS, and if the games were as directed towards hardcore gamers as user thinks it is, it wouldn't be as popular as it is now.

Join a session with the Squad leader
and asked him to invite you in. Once in the squad, you dont need to post ID to party up.

There are many valid criticisms to be made of world, but these don't apply, you just padded out your post to try to look smart, especially things like complaining about getting dropped off outside camp which was standard for HR for as long as i can remember. Same for egg quests, which there's a lot less of this time

The only games that had terrible controls were the PS2 ones because stick attacking. None of the other games do. And what's bad about the game design?

Die.

Irrelevant.
Doing it at all is retarded user. It's just plain easier, sorry faggot.

You're only here apparently, to eat shit and to get others to eat shit.

Where do you think you are? Shills and casuals can go fuck themselves.

Go back to Reddit.

Look its why I myself dislike MHW. I think its trash for all the reasons I posted and to me they are valid.

Which in turn ignores that when you brace in World, you don't lose stamina, as opposed to in 4/X where it does, and even when bracing it still gets closer to knocking you off, just slower.

No thanks user, I'll continue enjoying this great game. You continue hating fun.

because that doesn't affect gameplay and just fucking change it if you wanna make a waifu so badly, you're just trying to prove how much you hate niggers to fit in

My idea of fun isn't supporting the downfall of another franchise. There are better games to play. Making you shits kvetch is also fun.

Holy fuck user calm down.
Why are you telling people to die over a fucking videogame? Holy shit.

No, you just look like an autist having a tantrum over a videogame on the internet.
Its kind of funny.

Because people on Holla Forums love video games dearly, and the natural response of a human being towards a threat to the thing they love is a powerful burning hatred.

Weird then how this game sold amazingly well, even with FighterZ releasing the same day. You gonna start a hashtag? #notmymonhun?

See:

What? Is this geniune bait or are you just fucking retarded?
I'm not even going to give you the reply you seem to be fishing for so much. Go shit up another thread, faggot.

Oh okay. Such enlighted opinions could never be refuted so I'm just going to conceede everything to you user.
Just kidding, you're just retarded. Go back

Don't spoonfeed those kinds of questions.

Even in Japan where the "true" MH fan are from, MHW topped the sales chart for the second week beating FighterZ that was delayed to avoid competing with MHW.

I like the new female armour, too bad playing as a girl is for fags.

because its a good game

Follow the ID idiot. Own it. Hate it.

The Squad thing is super retarded though, you can only send invite if you're on the same session, Peoples think its like a normal guild but the way you join are confusing.

The last time I ever got that mad over videogames is when I found out how MGSV got cut to a fraction of what it was supposed to be, making us play an unfinished, rushed, but also still a good game.
Which is the same thing I feel that happnened with MHW.
They should have delayed it for a year before releasing it so they could have touched up on the lack of monsters, lack of weapon designs, stuff that should have been in the game on launch, and the lack of the ability to turn off scoutflies.

I should be mad at the game but I had too much fun with it to feel that way. I only get mad at the faggy publishers for doing whatever dumb bullshit they do to my vidya games. I feel same with mgsv I still feel critical of it and I definelty think that its not even a great game but only a good one and at this rate It will never even reach 4u tier.

Stop reading right there

wheredoyouthinkyouare.jpg

Holy shit I love Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty now. Clearly more dumb niggers throwing money at the wall is a sign that I am wrong.

The argument wasn't if the game was good or not, but if it was the downfall of the franchise. You're so retarded you're not even worth a (You)

No I hate niggers not because I'm some white nazi fucker trying to fit in. Most of the fuckers here will tell me to "fuck off you dune coon" or some shit. I hate niggers because I was born in Egypt and I am sick of those sub Saharan fuckers trying to hijack my country of origin's history. My hatred for them goes beyond skin color.

wow that's great but no one gives a shit because it doesn't pertain to this game. Not even niggers like niggers but it has NOTHING to do with gameplay changes made in MHW from previous titles

Except those are Japanese sales chart, your "pandering to western" excuse doesn't apply here, fag. How's that cognitive dissonance going for you?

What do you think I meant by downfall you fucking idiot? I called several Capcom IPs zombies earlier in this very thread. It's basically a dead series to anyone with taste, milked for money using braindead casuals like you.

Words of wisdom, user.

Kike shill leave. It was smacking down the claim that sales matter at all when it comes to quality, I never made any pandering to western claims just casuals.

(you) fags brought up the hate niggers to fit in meme. That your bad not mine. MHW is still shit BTW.

because you listed a default character model being a nigger as a problem as if you can't just change it

So the true MH fan are casual now? I wonder what excuse you're gonna make next to push your logic.

But user I had to look at it in the first place.

I know which user I am replying to, idiot. I said MH, not MHW.
You wouldn't have spewed half of that incomprehensible garbage if you had played at least one other game.

Here are some examples of geniune complaints about the game, had you payed attention to what you are playing, or actually care about the discussion:
>Gathering hall hub is now obsolete

You're right of course, but that's what my copy pasta is for.
They just have to do this and then talk in chat/wait till I get back.
Maybe we could add another instruction to wait untill the squad leader is available.

don't worry, you'll be able to play mhw soon. I think its coming out in the fall for the mustards.

I wont deny I am a complete fucking moron with the attention span of a goldfish on meth. I am the physical embodiment of fucking casual yet I can handle MHW no problem. This game appealed directly to me and as I have proved I went out and bought it. I have hardly touched MH as a series before. Just happens this casual hates MHW.
You kinda just proved the MHW haters point by pointing that out. Well done dipshit.

Okay, what's your point?

Gee I wonder how this kike is going to put words in my mouth next. Clearly this game pandering to casuals instead of the existing player base is the issue.

I tolerated playing the games on my fucking 3DS and you think this is a matter of platform war shit?

just downloaded the MH portable 3rd from the op, gonna start playing it in a bit after i read the wikia a bit more. haven't played any MH games before but it looks really fun.
any tips/advice that i wouldn't find in the wikia and basic tutorials that i should know?

Experiment with different weapons, try out different items, observe the monsters and learn their behaviors, and have fun

casual dont buy video game in japan, they play mobile shit.

Look at this

Regardless of whether you like MHW or not with how popular the new game is in the west this is probably the last game that will even vaguely resemble Monster Hunter.

Where are you getting this idea that MH was ever a really hard? (Aside from unconventional controls on ps2.)
Also,
I doubt this very much. Sorry.
I can ceede that MHW has been made a bit more casual, that is not something people here have disagreed with. (if you haven't noticed)
The problem is that shitposters like you seem to insist that it's franchise-ending, and anything to the contrary is shilling kikery, etc, etc.

This is pretty much why there's as much negativity about World as there is - it's a death knell for the franchise, since it almost guarantees we won't see any more Monster Hunter games, just World games.

look at this HR2 faggot and laugh

Gotta admit joining and watching people try and brute force Pink Rathian in MHW was fun.
I'd be lying if i said it wasn't fun to watch as it all came crashing down.
Capcom should of put Gypceros in just to fuck with the new players. The Pukei-Pukei is a budget Chammy where as the rubber chicken plays mind games that result in carts and lulz.
(Fuck 140 Chammy right off, i'd rather do 140 Shagaru Magoo)

Japs were going to buy the game regardless. The game is broken as fuck to cater to people who don't want to put any effort in playing. Bows do more dps doing quick shots in repetition that give you free charged shots than actually charging the bow for a aimed shot. GS also has a similar issue. No smug anime girl will make this game any less casual.

Next you'll whine about muh elitism. How much fucking evidence does one need for normalfags destroying niche hobbies?

I don't think we'll have enough gas for people like you.

You do realize monster Hunter weapons have always been imbalanced? Granted that's not a thing but hey, you have more options with each weapon than ever before now

*not a good thing

You can still play the older Monhun games, they're not ruined and are still in the state they were when Monhun was "niche" as you claim it was, you hysterical faggot.

ftfy

World is a Monster Hunter game, regardless of what your personal feels may be.

I don't think you know what niche means

Should I buy world for xbox? Honest question.

[citation needed]

What?

If you're going to get World at all wait for the G rerelease.

The shills are in such a scramble to shitpost and attack anything that doesn't fit their narrative that they don't even check that they're quoting the right target, hardly surprising.

Not an argument.

Are you implying that the normalfags this game attracts wont contribute to the decay with each future release? Have you learned nothing?

The only MH I played was the one for the Wii. I liked it a lot. I was actually pretty good at that one, I used the lance/shield and 2h longsword when needed. Just would like to know what you guys think about World and what the xbox version is like and if it's a shitty port.

None of those were develop by the original creator of the series

I said nothing either way about normalfags, don't put words in my mouth. I just called you a retard for saying the series is niche.

Generally the opinion is pretty negative. If you want a neutral list of the kinds of changes it has, check

I don't think anyone has the Xbox version. There's no reason for it to be a bad port considering both the PS4 and Xbone run on x86 architecture, but I doubt anyone could tell you from experience here.

After 9:30 central nip user will be sent to bed and we can actually discuss the game. Filter all nip user posts.

No wonder.

I can think of quite a few games still made by the same developers that are shit.
Wew, and they don't stop coming.

It is niche outside of Japan. And it already is a particular kind of game that appeals to a certain segment of the population. Expanding for greater appeal will still damage the games. Always missing the main point.

World is a good MH game, not a damn great one like 4u though. World is still an incredibly fun game to play and I already have over 120 hours in it.
Compared to tri world pretty much has twice the amount of content on all sides and you will most likely like it very much.
DONT GET IT ON XBONE. Get it for ps4 or wait for the PC release where you get extra content and dont have to play for the online.
The only reason to get it on xbone is if your friends have it on there and want to play it togehter with you, if thats the case then you should get it for xbone

I would be getting it for my roommate for his birthday as a sort of present to myself kek. I don't have any consoles, and I am a linux gamer so I'm hardly a casual. I just don't play many games anymore. LINUX HAS NOGAEMS

No, I'm saying MH isn't a niche series to begin with. They have MH attraction and competition in japan, everybody and their grandma knows about it.

Don't get it period until the G-rank version drops unless you have a dumbass friend who'll buy it for you or something unless you really want to re-buy the game in a year.
Aside from that you shouldn't buy it because it introduces paid DLC and other negative elements.

Port should be fine though unless capcom is retarded, but just be warned even the ps4 version has framedrops and performance issues

This guy complains about MonHun becoming an esport when it has been an esport since Tri. Since the arena was added Monster Hunter has been literal soeedrunner bait and speedrunning breeds competition.

I would much rather live in a timeline where I can watch Monster Hunter instead of Call if Duty on ESPN. Fuck that guy.

I run the game on my ps4pro and I never noticed a single dropped frame.

People who never enjoyed Monster Hunter before aren't going to help now. This isn't a changing goal post it was the original message.

noun
a shallow recess, especially one in a wall to display a statue or other ornament.
synonyms: recess, alcove, nook, cranny, hollow, bay, cavity, cubbyhole, pigeonhole
"a niche in the wall"
a comfortable or suitable position in life or employment.
"he is now a partner at a leading law firm and feels he has found his niche"
synonyms: ideal position, place, function, vocation, calling, métier, job
"he found his niche in life"
adjective
denoting or relating to products, services, or interests that appeal to a small, specialized section of the population.
"other companies in this space had to adapt to being niche players"
verb
place or position (something) in a niche.

There is nothing that does what Monster Hunter does like Monster Hunter does. Not even it's so called clones. Broadening for appeal to a wider audience will kill this niche, mark my words.

>watching (((ESPN)))

This thread basically confirms that only casuals like this garbage.

Think it'll last that long or will it be a GOTY edition that will come out and have zero people playing it?

I am also going to buy the game again when it comes out for PC

Full Price.

4U is still pretty populated and that's region locked. I wouldn't see any reason world which is more popular wouldn't see at least a partial carry-over. Even if I do think it's a horrible game

Does the XBone have issues running it?

I don't know butbyou should definitely sell that thing and buy a ps4 or get some parts for a PC.

I think it's possible, but not so likely that we should shit on mhw for things it did not do. We should always hold Capcom responsible for ruining MH in future titles, not MHW for being successfull with a good chunk of normalfags for once.

And I don't think I have enough replies for people who can't into reading comp like you.
Just because it's Capkike, doesn't mean they're going to run a franchise to the ground when it's doing well in its formula. (with the exception of item box access in camps)

How successful is it? Is it Skyrim level? Or are people just mad because of redditors and YouTubers?

You're right in that we can't speak in certainties about the damage World will do to Monster Hunter until after the fact. That said, this same song and dance has happened to so many of us with so many different series that it would be foolish not to be at the very least cautious. As the saying goes, "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me."

Yes I know you're a manchild.

Never assume such a thing, who is a fucking optimist when it comes to Crapcom?
So obviously it's time to deviate from that formula in awful ways. Knowing Capcom…

It sold more copies in the west than just about every other release combined.

Most people fail to understand that consoles are the market here not handhelds. America especially where the majority of our population isn't packed into hive cities like Tokyo. It's selling because it's on consoles and they actually bothered to advertise it. They could have done the same thing with 4u and saw similar success.

Xbone has no exclusive games that would of made me purchase it in the first place.

SHIT
Meant for

I really fucking hate both raths' charges in that game, the fuckers just turn and bolt, the same turn they use for re-positioning to do any other skill
I have seen the precharge leg stomp animation ONCE,

What is that double claw's armor set?

I am buying the game on PC because two of my friends who I play 3ds MonHun don't have playstations and I got MHW from my gf for Christmas and I really like the game.

You can sprint while drinking and the games before this one rooted you in place. Healing has been completely casualized. Stop fucking defending this garbage.
I'll give you the canopy locking in 4U but not every map had canopy or an equivalent now did it? Every fucking map in MHW has casual shit all over the place for monsters to fall into.
Okay it still casualizes the skills. It means you still get a benefit even for lower effort.
Sure is casualized now!
Okay.
Okay sure.
Wrong. Some species would go to multiple areas to eat/drink.
Paintballs didn't fucking clutter your screen with useless information
It's almost like the game required a minimum toolset to be effective.
Instead you just follow a monster indefinitely now while it runs to sleep. So much fucking better.
So this is too casual for you but the other shit isn't? Give me a fucking break.
git gud

>Finally get a Nergigante Gem after 42 hunts.

Nice job user. I agree.

Both
I don't like that the Destiny cuckholds are coming over.

Mounting was actually garbage in 4U and anyone worth a damn ignored it because it was a massive DPS loss for the time invested into it. Are you French by chance?
Nigger it's gamebreakingly strong.
Oh so you're one of those people that couldn't fucking git gud. Do you write for IGN?

I'm glad I have friends with good taste AND the same platforms as me.

from the best doggo in the mh series, odogorn

My post had nothing to do with Weapon Balance and everything about combos being changed to lower the skill ceiling. I only used Bow and GS as examples.

You do realize they need to sell it to more than the Japanese fanbase. That is the whole point of this game. They've discussed it publicly, and it's very obvious why if you've actually paid attention to Capcom. For the past two years they have completely flopped with the games they generally get a boom from western sales. Japan's sales will hardly cover marketing costs.

Japanese still play games they cannot complete, and also generally are more group effort oriented. While western casuals seem to care more about watching a movie than playing a game, and if the gameplay holds them back it's a problem.

No you can't. Holding R1 puts you at regular, non-running speed. Without R1 you move at greatsword speed.
The games before also applied heals instantly. Healing takes much longer in World and can be interrupted by getting hit or rolling.
No it doesn't. Most areas don't have an environmental trap.
How? Blademasters still get decreased elemental resistance and gunners still have lower defense, you're just not grinding for two sets now although to be honest I preferred the old system, I liked having two sets of armor with distinct looks and skills

you can unlock more environmental traps though by finding the cats out in expeditions. I'm mostly on the fence how I feel about some of them. When the little shaka negroes start showing up in the HR forrest (area roughly below the rath nest) they willl not only poison but sleep bomb any monsters entering that area, where there is at least 1 flashfly floating around and a wedge beetle. A monster can get completely locked to death in there depending on your own build it's a bit much. At the same time it's fun making a dumbass monster charge you and knock down a vinetrap tree

Eyy if I'm going to be running around a lot and staring straight up and ass when I crawl I might as well have something enticing to look at.

Yeah the moving while drinking potions thing is actually balanced since it can be interrupted and cost you a potion. The only severe casualization thing is being able to at any time go back to camp and restock on items. There used to be a hard limit of 20 potions per hunt now you have infinite. Most of the environmental free shit is limited to the first area or so it really doesn't affect the game that much. Rocksteady is pretty fucking broken but I think it's an endgame unlock. I've beaten everything but the tempered shit and I still don't have the thing.

The shaka cats also can paralyze and attack you though.

I almost wish i could change my character fully, gender included on the fly, just to see the different armors. Male odagaron armor is fucking dope though

The nigger cats have knocked me out more times than they've helped. Carted twice because I go to roll away to heal only to be sniped by a sleep knife.

is it?
I'm new to MH and used to break backs & heads/tails

from what i've seen here i'd have to agree with you
but im still havent seen all that 4u has to offer

There is potion slow walk and potion "sprinting" stop fucking playing semantics. There is a spring for potions. Of course it's not full spring speed but you shouldn't be able to fucking move while drinking, Period.
It doesn't matter because you're fucking mobile while drinking.
Have you even played the game? There is shit for monsters to get stuck on/trapped in every map.

The damage from a knockdown doesn't scale. If you're using G rank gear and weapons it's just a huge waste of time. The amount of damage you did while it was knocked down could have happened while it was running around normally.

Sprint*

I know, but in the forrest i've never seen them attack me and they locked a rath into a horrendous beatdown

I HATE the fucking spearchuckers in the coral highlands because me and some buddies were doing a 1fail investigation for quick lagia gear and after beating the lagia until it had brain damage, we got hit with sleep darts as it retreated and they killed us with bombs

In 4U you had to stop attacking the monster while someone was mounted because if you made it flinch it would cancel the mount. In multiplayer not attacking the monster during this time negated the extra damage from the down time from a successful mount. I'm not sure if that was a bug or designed that way though anybody know?

It's not playing semantics. Just saying 'sprint' on its own implies you can do a full-speed run while drinking a potion, which you can't. Sprint isn't a good word because you're not sprinting, you're moving at the standard speed.
And? Because drinking in World takes much longer and still reduces your speed, you're just as likely to get hit as in the old games.
By area I meant zone, the numbered areas on each map. There's environmental traps on every map, yes, but they aren't all over the place.

It's obvious you were talking about "sprinting" while healing because you thought you hunters moved at full speed while healing, almost as if you don't really know what you're talking about.

again, stop playing fucking semantics you cockgobbler you knew exactly what I meant

I know what you're talking about, and I think you're just talking out of your ass at this point

again
keep trying to deny how you feel about wasting $60 and another $60 for the privilege to play online

Stop feeding the shitposters (you)s, just report and ignore.

the speed at which you "sprint" while drinking any potion is super slow still. your argument that you can move while drinking is still not valid since if you drink at the wrong time it could still be just as bad as if you were drinkin while standing still like in the old games, not only that but mhw you lose the damn potion if you get hit. its okay to admit you are wrong user, or that you dont like it but putting your hands over your ears and screech like a retard wont make your argument valid

S O C A S U A L

Not an argument because you can evade cancel out of the animation. Even if the walk and "potion sprint" are slower than normal you're still fucking moving which is miles better than being rooted in place. It makes it easier. Which is a casualization.
But it's much much easier to heal now. Big fucking deal.

Demonstrably false.

This is how I know you're new to the series.
yeah you're fucking retarded, it checks out

git fucking gud m8, this game is easy as fuck

Just use a rocksteady. All of your problems are solved.

Serb where?

Implying I was anywhere near it. The monsters move too user.

HAH
WAAW

Okay, are you going somewhere with this?

Popcorn and snakes I imagine.

But user, you can HEAL WHILE MOVING despitethat healing is a lot riskier and slower compared to old Monhun's instant heal and faster animation

It's hardly slower, and is the opposite of risky. You can dodge out of it while still retaining what you've healed which is better than getting fucking hit and losing more health than what a full potion gives you. It's made to be more forgiving. Generally you can get most out of the drink before you'd need to dodge unless you're an idiot.

I would just imagine the monsters were a little quicker to compensate for the move heal thing

i was wondering when i would get that, i remembered it being in the beta. I unlocked the quests for teo and kusha but i'm stuck into farming val to finish some of my weapon trees

Oh shit, MHW threa-

Glad I can't discuss anything anywhere. All we need is wojak spam and we'll be just like 4chan gain.

MHW is a literal holocaust on the MH series, can't you see that?

The healing in MHW ought to be slower, whether in healing rate, or moving speed. Either way, it should be slower.

REMINDER TO UPDATE THE GAME
Patch is out and it fixes slicing ammo. Small victory but pretty good.

Here are the patch notes:
Version 1.05 (PS4) / 1.0.0.10 (Xbox One)

Stop projecting user.

You have to kill a mother fucking tempered Kirin. A monster that can kill you in one hit with the best armor in the entire game.

just you can just use vitality mantle and maybe survive the hit once every 6 minutes

Can somebody explain what elderseal does and how it works. I fought Kirin, Kushala, and Teostra with Nergigante's weapons and I don't know what it did.

It weakens or stops their gimmicks

elder dragons occasionally power up, elderseal knocks them out of it after you hit them enough times

for nerg, that would be when his spikes turn black
for kushala, that would be when he surrounds himself with wind
and so on

It chills them out for a little bit. For example without it HR Kirin will stay super saiyan for far longer. You can also use dragon pods to inflict elderseal.

I'm terrible at monster hunter and even I had no problems with tempered Kirin.

Anyone find any good custom meal combos yet?

Stack vitality gems to get 200HP and thunder resist gems. He can't 1-shot you with anything at max HP with that, especially with the thunderproof mantle.

Or he could just walk away while sipping. Not like unlocking rocksteady is difficult, plenty of people have it after 60-80 hours.

its at about the same level really. whats more casual than sprinting at full speed out of the zone and having 0% chance of being hit while healing/eating/sharpening.

they actually tied the defense to the weapon type. melee takes less damage from physical and ranged less from elemental just like always. its not like gunners are rocking blade master levels of defense.

and this is different from previous games how? at least now i can actually stop the monsters from running with slinger ammo instead of watching them run off.

Palicos being able to bring you a vigorwasp is more casual than the potion movement. I still have it equipped though because it seems like the better choice from what i have available

Christ it's such a relief to reaggro them when they try to run away, although i feel that getting some free ammo from beating into the monster enough is a bit too easy sometimes

sure you can unlock more cats to help with traps, but one per map at a time, not zone, but map. having to hope the monster goes to the zone its in and you get a mount and it chooses to run over too it its not like your going to reliably got for cat traps to speed up hunts. as far as the gajalakas go, i think the use a different element as a group as a random chance, ive been slept, poisoned and paralyzed by them. some times they help sometimes they get me killed.

Getting interesting slingshot ammo is more fun than wyvern tears at least.

The palicos were always able to heal you however the rate that cats shoot out vigorwasps is way too high. Other good abilities are the flashfly cage at higher levels they just plant shock traps that don't break after use. Plunderblade just gets you tons of extra monster parts. Palico horn is essentially like always hunting with a Hunting Horn friend.

im struggling to think of any maps that didnt have herbs, blue mushrooms and honey in them. but yeah, unlimited box access is the first thing that needs to go.

Because there's a 0%chance the monster will hit you upon reentering the zone unless you paint it and pay attention to its position.

I agree with you there

Yeah, sometimes they send me a wasp at damn near full health, i would willingly trade out the wasp delivery and keep the placement because I like being able to quickly cut one while moving around or on my way out of a zone or whatever

I find the rate in which the send wasps out is roughly equal to their horn spam in 4u. The problem isn't the rate in which they send them out it's that they are basically handing out free max potions. I turned off my cat entirely until I unlocked the orchestra. Which is really silly and fun and obviously the best gadget.

the point I was making is that you don't unlock until you've pretty much killed and dominated everything in the game you retard

if the game is so easy, why would you need to be taking sips anyway?

I like being able to change gear and eat though abandoning when you forget a thing is just annoying. Just don't let you re-eat during the quest. Same could have been done with items just lose access to your box after 5 minutes or something. Or at least add these restrictions in HR.

Ask the people in this thread that keep complaining about dying.

If you could only access your item box in the first five minutes that would be fine. But the box, cooking and fast travel should definitely be removed from high rank.

i havent used the vigorwasp since i got it to level 10 because i knew it would encourage bad gameplay and i didnt want to rely on it. plunderblade is where its at obviously, with the only exception being the flashfly cage for rathalos. i think i honestly like the shield the best to give me more openings to sharpen really. and the pods are pretty underwhelming damage wise except piercing pods on xeno. pretty invaluable for the staggers tho.

If you say so.

Checked

No I like this part. The maps are huge now.

The maps are the same size, discounting the forest because of multiple floors. They just have shitty tunnels instead of loading areas.

Yeah when you take into consideration not being able to fast-travel in combat it is pretty much identically safe to zoning out and running back to camp in previous games. All you are saving is time and not risking any carts. Time is never an issue in these games and if it is fast travel is not going to make the game easier for you.

The areas are definitely bigger than they used to be. Look at Wildspire Waste. What do mean by tunnels?

The transition areas you don't fight monsters in. The forest and Wildspire have tons of them.

how do you get the gold prints? I'm tempted to just meld an anja gem at this rate but i only have one of those

You only don't fight if you don't re-aggro

The weekly limited bounties is the only way so far. It might be different next week though.

You get one each for completing all of the endemic life and fishing researchers' quests good luck finding that fucking downy crake. There was also one available from completing all of last week's limited bounties.

thanks m8s

The mass in this game have upwards of 18 areas. I am really getting tired of your gay bullshit nigger.

some things don't change

forgot to add to the checked list

Yea I noticed this too.
They most-definitely are not.
Elder's crossing is feels the smallest but it's about the same as wasteland and I would have to waste hours trekking to one place and then back if I wanted to go gather something there. The fast-travel camps are fine for this new design.

Wish
List

oh i used that don't worry, great new feature, i forgot why i was making the weapon because it was probably to beef up to fight something else

this can happen and i've seen it happen to me, more than i've seen the flashy fight animations at that

I'd prefer to see them tweaked than removed, although getting free hits from them is pretty easy it's nice to see the map be more than just glorified arenas

I'm getting ptsd

All of these are dumb, but one really stands out.
In all of the maps, you have to contend with monsters wandering around the map, you're constantly in CONTESTED domain where they're fighting for territory and dominance, and lest we forget outside of the elder dragon types who don't fall for traps terrain traps that i've seen, they're all basically giant dumb animals.

Holy shit not true and proves that you haven't touched the game. Monsters who show up tend to be neutral, and if you back off, they almost always end up fighting your quarry or taking a bite and fucking off, it depends on the monster, but almost none of them play nice with eachother, and depending on what you're hunting the new guy will either make it retreat or vice versa if they're lower or higher on the food chain.

In fact if you can't deal with another monster despite the ludicrous amounts of ways to use them to actually HELP you, hell you can fend off the other monster if it DOES decide to attack you by slinging shit pods at it's face, you're not good at the game, this shit is not hard.

Have you tried backing off? If one of the hits they aim at you hits the other monster, they tend to start fighting eachother. Some monsters don't have those animations, like Great Jagras X Puki Puki whatever. It's probably part of the reason there's only 30 and they're dripping in more monsters, they're still adding updates, extra monsters and likely those animations.

if i've got good health i try to get in there and get more hits usually, or just dungbomb the other monsters out asap

How much autism is required to enjoy MHW? I’m somewhat interested in the series, and a fair few friends are picking it up. The problem is I don’t want to commit to something which is Warframe levels of grind. What I’m hoping for is co-op bos rushing with deep combat and satisfying drops. Is that what i’d Be getting into?

less autism than the previous entries but still a level of autism if you're farming for drops

Investigations help significantly with the grind. I don't play warfame, but this game doesn't even come close to any kind of grind you'd see in a MMO or similar.

It's the least grind heavy, autism free version of Monster Hunter at current.

Any weapon is easy to pick up, but note that if you pick a bowgun learn where ingredients are on each map and that some guns have different ammo capacities, because you're going to be using those to restock on ammo.
Bows only have 1-3 coating types at a time out of like 5, so they're easy to use but easy to fuck up with, since their main damage comes from a spread shot after applying a coating, so if you just use the regular shot instead of learning your cycle you'll do weak damage.
Also status rounds and tools are fucking great and actually effective against monsters provided you actually hit, don't pass them up.

As for melee weapons, button mashing is heavily punished. Attack, then move or dodge unless you're certain you can get away with whatever you're doing, your enemies have super armor.

Also every weapon has a gimmick, Long Swords are combo based and power up based on finishers used successfully, Switch Axes' objective is to get three vials and then dump them in a lightning axe attack, Insect Glaive is about getting extracts to power up your moveset into cuh-razy aerial combos, so on and so forth. Learn those gimmicks.

the man is back

he means charge blade

this webm will only add more fuel to the fire

No I actually meant the Dual Staff is where you get the crystal salves arranged correctly in order to reposition the monster into a canyon
sorry tired

Funny you say that; the last time I heard someone bitch about mounting, they were complaining it lowers your DPS, then they mentioned something about speedrunners never using it, and after that his nauseating drivel just kind of trailed off. The metafags of MH really are the worst I've stumbled across so far.

It's not about the difficulty, it's about people no longer being able to show off the fact that they tolerated needless design flaws. Granted, although I think a lot of features are overly heavily casualized, somehow i think people would still be bitching even if they weren't. Just the fact that everything flows a lot smoother seems to bother people.

MH's hitboxes remind me I'm playing an unpolished video gayme (series). There's enough resources out there that seeing little numbers really doesn't mean anything, it's just a tiny bit more convenient.

rip u

That's demonstrably how it happens. It isn't the only way, but it's quite a common one.

user, he's talking about how World is different from the previous games. In previous games you were entering a hostile world and monsters had complete advantage over you, while in World they're fucked by the environment as much if not more than you. Monsters used to gang up on you almost exclusively while now they have a chance to attack each other giving you room to breath for doing basically nothing. These two elements are objectively a change to the series that makes the fights easier on a fundamental level, not as bad as being able to run and shoot bowguns when the monsters are still designed with the hunter not being able to do so. It reminds me of MGS Twin Snakes having MGS2's gameplay in MGS1's setting or if they remade Resident Evil 1 and let you move and shoot but enemies behave similarly than before when they were designed with a specific design originally in mind.

1.05 Patch today

I actually tested this out too a while ago, and it seems like if you run then drink you keep speed, but if you drink then run it will reduce speed. I dont know why it has this difference, its very strange.

So… can you capture elder dragons? the Kirin doesn't fall into any trap.

no, they're immune to all traps
kill or be killed my man

Aw… I wanted to keep them on my arena and see them sleeping in the platform.

That's why their quests always say Slay X instead of Hunt X, at least in the older games. I miss them having health pools big enough that they would actually run away and you'd have to meet them a second time, body parts wounded and all, to truly finish them off.
Chameleos when?

nah

Can anyone tell me what the fuck this post is?

I didn't think they'd have a turf war animation

But that is how it goes down. Every elder dragon goes back to its den at the end of the fight and has a climatic show down with you in there.

Also fun fact, your cat will talk shit about you if someone picks them up in the wild. Apparently Rokkei faints onDiabloso too much.

No, he's talking about how in Monster Hunter games the Elder Dragons had health enough that you actually would not be able to finish them off the first time, and they would retreat from the field entirely. This would count as a "repel" but then next time you took on the quest you'd be facing the fucker right where you left off for his revenge.

anyone get the kirin armor yet?

This is what I meant yes, should have been more clear. It made fighting them feel like a massive fight having to fight them across two quests since they'd get repelled and run away, like you're fighting a monster that's so above the things you've been fighting that a single quest isn't enough for them. Maybe it was because I was playing with two other people as opposed to playing with one other person in FU but in 4U I didn't see it happen once, their health simply wasn't there, even if you could repel them they'd die before the timer let them.

I do. I'm making some of its weapons now. I might also make the beta set if i still feel like fighting it tomorrow.

4U's Rusted Kushala was one quest that some people just couldn't do in one post.
Mainly due to no planning, not enuff flashbombs and je suis monte shitters.

I soloed most of 4th gen and I don't recall any Elder repels other than Lao Shan in XX. But yeah, chasing Kushal Daora across three maps in Dos was amazing.

Please tell me you didn't spend a lot of time on that face, because goddamn that looks hideous.

One of the palicos I've consistently gotten for raids and out in quests is named Lit Nig and it makes my day every single time. He only ever mentioned that his hunter uses a bunch of different weapons.

My condolences, did they at least, finally, make that piece of shit Kelbidrome enjoyable to fight in World?

Are there any high rank cowboy hats? or at least wing hats to be fancy. I'm still wearing the highrank lizard glasses because it is somewhat fancy.

Did you guys crafted all the silly masks?

There is literally no argument you can make for not moving being more casual than moving None, zero, nadda. You fags always ignore the knockout arguments like this or shift away from it.

ROOTED IN PLACE IS MORE CHALLENGING THAN BEING ABLE TO MOVE WHILE HEALING, eat shit.

It's the MHG you dumb nigger, it's not just for casuals to jerk off to their new game. Fuck, this is almost as bad as Overwatch, except that the kike didn't make a containment thread for this one.

And you people say we're hyperbolic. The majority of people defending this game are posting three times as much as everyone else, as shills are expected to do. Just like Overwatch and it's constituants you people will be forgotten and hated just like this game.

This is what I meant earlier by deliberately not reading posts.

The Great Girros set has a cowboy hat. It also has plague doctor mask. It's probably my favorite set. Looks like a bloodborne hunter.

Is there a high rank version of the guild hat?

It's a combination between the lighting and the Kirin hat that make it so she looks like she has a manface. I didn't spend too long in the creator. 15 mins tops.

I never really found Kirin to be that hard or annoying. As long as you have 20+ lighting resist you can take him easiily. I should honestly switch weapons since DB are really not good for this fight.

I'm not sure about male armor pieces but females don't get anything of the sort. The Vaal Havak helm looks kinda fancy, i suppose.

user, it's not his attacks that made him annoying, it's how pretty much everything bounces off him unless you hit the face, it keeps jumping around like a hyped up Kelbi making hard to hit his weakspots while he keeps knocking you on your ass whenever he prances around like a faggot. I never had trouble killing it in FU or 4U but I always brought a fucking hammer too so I don't have to deal with his shit. God I hate the Kirin so much, why did they bring it back instead of Tigrex or Zinogre? Make it so you could get its parts the same way you got certain parts in 4U by trading with the wycoon so people can make his armor without dealing with his shit.

I have not seen it yet. I have not played any arena which is how you unlock that stuff.

There is a HR version of the guild set. It requires a bunch of HR arena coins.

Tigrex is likely going to be DLC. You can briefly see a hunter wearing it's set at the end of the final cutscene.

Thank god I'm waiting for the ultimate edition on PC, 3rd gen not having Tiggy was enough, even if it did add based Barioth and brought back Narga

What? Portable 3rd not only had him, it introduced his subspecies.

Damn it, I forgot about P3rd, I remember being disappointed with him in that game since the exhaust system completely neutered the train that he was in FU. I went in so prepared expecting a tough fight and seeing him trip because he got tired a few minutes in and overall just getting his ass kicked made me sad.

Oh, i know. It's just that if i don't have to worry about thunderblight i can focus on my offense more. DB actually is alright in this fight thanks to it's unbounceable moves and high mobility. Too bad that they can only hit its head with a few stray hits or when it's down.
IG is pretty good too but it can actually deal damage throughout the fight. I'll probably just switch back to my main weapons after this.

There is no problem with the controls or mechanics.

What the fuck is this nigger faggotry. Leave shit how it should be, useless cumguzzling faggots. This isn't a fucking fighting game.

it needed to be nerf because faggots were abusing slicing ammo since it was op. it was the equivalent of slime from mh3u. now you wont be seeing faggots spamming that shit online and knockin you out

Good and it should have stayed that way. Fuck this patching nonsense. Fucking faggot devs.

I've only ever gunned once and it was in vain against Duramboros in 3u. Shit like this is what adds to each individual games charm and shouldn't be fucked with. Patches should only be used for things that actually break the game, bugs and shit. Not the removal of fun things.

Is "charm" nostalgia goggles for "jank"?

Charm means fun. Abusing glitches and mechanics is enjoyable, shocking information I'm sure.

wow crazy

Already posted

but it does break the game. every retard you go online rocks slicing ammo and spammed it. they used nothing but slicing ammo because there is no need to use other ammo. now its been balanced so you are forced to use other ammo.

No, charm means playing a game and the cheese strats being fun to dick around with. Platinum refused to fix the Killgore glitch with the ports of Bayonetta 1 because the glitch is part of Bayo 1.
You anons need to start defining what you mean by jank because it's starting to keep track of what the fuck you mean by it, how is a strategy being stupidly powerful jank? Is strafe jumping in Quake jank too?

Starting to become hard to keep track*

Apologies for the triple post, but for the record, preventing the slicing shot from being that broken is a good thing since it requires absolutely no skill to pull off and made every other ammo option obsolete. They should do the same to the CB so people don't spam ultra bursts until the cows go home.

I'm not sure of the damage numbers for them i don't care too much but perhaps i went to far in regard to no buffs depending on how bad they are.

Does it literally break the game or cause it to crash? Didn't think so. Sounds like a fun time to me.

it does break the game in terms of balance, just because it doesnt have pvp, it doesnt mean balance shouldnt be looked at you faggot slicing ammo spammer.

People like you that care about the meta are the biggest of faggots. Play what you feel is fun at any given time.

Will this be worth the effort it takes to track it down?

Do blunt weapons still do extra exhaust damage in MHW?

Slicing ammo was broken my dude. Adapt or cry.

I'm gonna have to agree with this user here, Slicing ammo made the Kelbi bow in 3U look like a fucking joke.

Good. Should stay that way.

I don't gun.

Devs already cucked, so once again World proves to be the worst game in the series.

not having to go swimming puts it above 3

Use hooktube.

Swimming is great. Git gud scrub.

Not having to send 1/3rd of your entire game time standing in one spot mashing A puts this game in the top 3 effortlessly.

You mean something that was changed in Generations? An actual QoL change that was already in the series before World? Come on man, you just said Generations is in the top 3 games of the series along with XX.

LS shitter detected

Silly question, but are new areas also planned with the monsters DLC? We have a lava land but not a frozen land.

I'd be laughing if I wasn't ==angry==.

What? I never said that, of course it shouldn't have been in the game in the first place.

Punish draw GS viable?
Or just grab a LBG or HBG and shoot it in the head with Normal 2?
Whats the best Normal 2 HBG in world?

I don't use LS. Keep trying tho.

Sorry, english is not my first language, I meant to say that putting out patches after a game came out isn't what a company should do, as it shows how much, or how less, they care about the game and the public.

Sure thing, XxKirito99xX

Amen to that. Devs are over-reliant on patches these days to fix the most basic shit. Why the fuck is Poogie a day 1 patch in World? Fucking Poogie.

Normal 3 works the same as normal 2 but hits harder in world so go for that.
For guns either metal, bone or anjanath, there might be more but I cant remember.
For pierce legiana.

About GS p. draw isnt worth it, not even crit draw is. Looks like its mostly focus, weakness exploit, might. After that atack and critical boost.

You shit posters don't have a bit of intelligence do you? Let me point it out for you since you don't seem to be the smartest fella. Why would a Kirito shitter use a LS when DB exist?

Wish i could IP filter your dumbass since this thread is on the way out.

*joins you mid-hunt*
*runs up and attacks the monster while it's sleeping*

What do I do with Hunting Horn after I've got all my buffs at L and extended?
Just mash O at the head?

There's been stupid broken shit in every game. You only complain like this now because it's MHW and they actually patch balance changes

You say that as if you know what kind of game I played, but you don't. I complained about many things in game that were later patched, but I always say no when it ask me to update. I'm playing a console game, not an mmo. now excuse me, my pc smell of burning.

Patching stuff like slicing ammo is what patches are meant for. Poogie on the other hand I don't know how the fuck that happened. Also devs are reliant on day 1 patches now. The way I've heard it explained from them is it essentially just makes them push the game out a month earlier. Since it just lets them submit the unpatched version to sony and microsoft and the manufacturers. Then they just continue working on it until launch. So essentially you are getting games to come out earlier however you are making it so somebody without internet cannot play your game as intended.

What what happened with poogie?

he was put in with a day 1 patch, strange but not actually the end of the world.

Wasn't in the game until the day 1 patch added Poogie in.

False alarm, pc was not burning.

Is "unpatched" the new way to say "unfinished" ?
See the pic I upload.

I cannot properly convey how sad and angry I am to see a serie I liked so dearly go so low as to come out in this state; what were the testing team thinking ? what were the dev feeling ?

Oh ok, I thought that was just an intentional thing.

Well it was since they decided to add Poogie at the last minute. Whether he was planned all along or something they forgot until close to launch will remain a mystery however.

Everything about poogie is a mystery

Day 1 patch nonsense is different from early access. It essentially just lets devs work on the game until release instead of stopping a month before while the game goes through certification. The developers never intend for people to play without the day 1 patch. Early access is just putting out an unfinished game and asking people to pay to playtest it for you. The only way early access is even remotely forgivable is if you get a significant discount since you are playtesting the game for them.

I pet him every day but he still won't locate costumes for me.

If they never intended for people to play without the day 1 patch, there would be no day 1 patch to begin with. It would be already in before being sold.

Let's not debate what the difference between early access and unpatched/unfinished are, as this would be off-topic.

You're the one that brought up early access in the first place, you nigger.

barely pun intended manage to kill that honey nabbing piece of shit bear in time
Ok, I see, it's going to be one those games, right?

Like I said Day 1 patches are to get around certification. I don't completely agree with it because the disc should be playable as intended with no internet. However it at least is a trade-off benefit to the consumer.

I didn't know what certification was until know.

You only do that to learn what gathering is. Gathering and Monster slaying go hand in hand. It gets less tedious after you unlock the farm.

Damn, posted too soon, will add; and I join you in that I don't agree with it. I hope that for the next monhun, they will not do the same mistake as this one.
sage for double post.

Redo the attack/defense buffs over, as those run out fairly quickly even with maestro charm/skill.
Also do your bigger songs, as those net the bigger combos which means bigger blast damage. Fuggin love the triple up swing that comes with (L) healing.

I don't care much for obscene difficulty or having to deal with what are essentially wild animals of different species ganging up on you despite being a small source of food compared to what they normally eat, and I couldn't stand parts of earlier games because of the curve. you have more options to deal with monsters, which is important because EVERY MISSION has you fighting or dealing with multiple, or has one moving into another and aggroing others now, literally EVERY monster is Deviljho fundamentally and every enviroment is unstable from the start, the game had to change to allow you to deal with that. As a result most missions are easier, but as you go up, more and more monsters will be thrown at you, and you'll randomly be invaded by a fucking organic B-52 bomber or Deviljho when the update hits.

I don't want the same game every time with a roster update, they're going in their own direction and i'm fine with where they took it this time. Being hard, unrelentingly or no, doesn't make a game fun. You have to have some sort of modest difficulty curve with spike tests in the form of the flagship monsters in order to ease someone into playing the damn game.

new players already have trouble with the newbie T-Rex monster since he pursues you relentlessly, and Nergigante stands as a wall to new players who just tried to use the enviroment to deal with monsters because he first appears in a large swamp with no natural big traps other then the paratoads, which you can only use so many times before they're ineffective. And so on and so forth.

They are one of the things that are guaranteed to come out with every MH game, the fact that wolrd doesent have one is pretty damn sad.
I think world is unfinished and that capcom rushed it out the door, its missing and screwed up quite a bit of obvious things that makes MH what it is.

I just want a house in the snow and a full acuarium to place ALL the fishes.

I think they looked at the success of Splatoon in Japan and are trying to mimic it with free post-launch updates. I mean the game has cool drinks and I am pretty sure I saw hot drinks in something related to world.

What's better to bring to Kushala: dragon for the seal or poison for the damage and wind lock.

That could be G-rank. They've got a lot of potential to have a 'mountain pass' opeb from a rampaging elder dragon in so many places. Set up a forward base like the third feet is.
Goodness knows other first fleet characters are alluded to without being shown. Plenty of wiggle room for whatever they want to make.

They already confirmed they will do substantial content updates that aren't monsters so we could very well see some kind of tundra map. And no Tundra is not an environment necessarily that has to be in MH. Several games had no snow map.

I think just MH1 had no snow and even that I'm not sure of.

It's still usually one of my favorite zones, I'd like to see it back

Going through Freedom 1, you're right that there are no snow areas. Only place you'd use hot drinks is in the old desert at night or in the old swamps while in the caves.

So how do I get this shit to work for two people playing in the same physical space but with one router?

"Jank" is just "anything that was in Monster Hunter that isn't in World so we can demonize anything that's not World"

user, the (((people))) using the word "jank" aren't Anons.

Then this isn't the series for you.

This is the stupidest thing I may have ever heard.

No it didn't. You already had plenty of tools to deal with intruding monsters, and then in World they're not even a threat to you anyway most of the time.

I do.

Alone, no, but it is necessary to have challenge to make a game fun.

I don't see why.

If you're playing locally then one of you can tick the built in ad-hoc pro server in the network options and set the IP to 127.0.0.1 while the other sets the IP to that person's computer local address. The disadvantage is that you won't get randoms. The advantage is that you won't get randoms. Depends on what you're trying to do.

I got a question about the Dragon element
basically what counts as a dragon element attack or is it just all attacks made by a dragon?

Yeah I'm starting to get into the habbit of guard pointing it's awesome. Diablos is the ideal training specimen too.

Holy fuck. Thank you so much it worked

i need to work on my guard pointing, i can only do the S&S > axe mode one , never any of the other ones.

Finding out the CB hop has a guard point blew my mind. I can't figure out it's timing though.

What's the point?

Its pretty much instant whenever you try to switch from SnS mode to axe mode.
This video has some good examples of it along with good CB gameplay in general.
When I figured out when to time the gp I realized I could do it exactly the same way in 4u too. But throughout my time with that game I never learned how to use em

Well it was worth a shot

What the fuck is up with the music sounding so out of place? Sounds like a generic FF battle theme, not a MH theme.

The music is by far one of the worst parts of World. There's a few good tracks (Bazelgeuse theme, Rotten vale battle music), but most of it is really mediocre.

It's not the in-game music.
C'mon now, it's pretty clear it was edited in.

Oh geez, you're right. I hadn't even bothered to open the video.

Even still, World's music is pretty weak. They somehow managed to pussify Proof of a Hero

Wait seriously?
in 4u or world?

You would know if the music was even from world if you had actually have played the game or at least watched a video of wildspire waste gameplay without that shitty music.
Not to mention that is also obviously not MH music. Shame on you 3396ba, I would bully you right now if I knew how to.

charge points works the same in both games.

I have played and enjoyed World, which is why I know the music is generally underwhelming. I just didn't realize the music wasn't from World because I didn't actually watch the video.

I have always found the music for MH to be serviceable, besides the more iconic tracks nothing really stands out to me, so it really surprises me to see people praising it now.
I like this version of Proof of a Hero, though I think FU's one still the superior one, the problem is that it's never played, or rather, it's used in the most boring fight in the whole game and is used rather softly.
That other user might've been complaining about the more fantastical tracks in the series but nothing has come close to the Shagaru Magala theme in terms of hyping me up. That whole build up and fight is my favorite out of the entire series.

I think it stands out because one of the few things XX did right was the music - Dino and friends all had amazing themes, as did Valfalk, and the mix of Proof used for the final phase of Atral Ka is pretty damn hype. Even prior to that though, tracks like Brachy or Dire Miralis have always been earworms.

Any sessions going on? Tried the latest but says it's no longer up.

Headed off to work at the moment, but if you're around in about 10 hours or so could do some 4U

.>>14298171
You literally just posted the same exact video.

All faces look bad ingame sadly.

MY NIGGER
The first time fighting Shigeru Miyamoto was something else entirely, the music, the atmosphere, and the fight itself was nothing but perfection and nothing but fun to me. Fighting that guy was the best conclusion they could have had to low rank village in 4u and I cant think of anything better.

I guess it's fair, MH games have a lot of content and not every monster can have a bombastic theme.
That being said the only themes that come to my mind are Tigrex, both Magala's, pokke vilage, Deviljho, Desert Tyrant from FU and Rathalos.
And I don't even like the Rathalos theme, it just got engraved into my skull with how many times I had to farm him for a heavenly scale, It gave me ptsd when World played it again.
I never played Gen or XX because I was tired of playing on my 3ds and after hearing that the frame rate was going to be even worse than in 4u I never gained interest again.

7Gb8w8cfKmpX
Not sure if anyone can add you to the squad right now though.

I was making fun of Magala the whole game with his "muh darkness" gimmick but then they fully embrace it and elevate it into something else entirely and made it work.

I haven't beat the game yet so maybe I missed It but what and how do you join squads?

really? they didnt add any new guard points?
because it doesn't feel like hop has any in 4U

Get invited to one, then squad search on the session menu after character choice or on quest board.

Server when?

I love the moments Tri's theme pops in the Dire Miralis fight.

Simply order a meal, and beefcake meowmix will be your server.

I'm so absolutely fucking sick of other large monsters showing up in difficult hunts just to take up screen space

Dung pods

I think I know what that poster talking about "every monster is fundamentally deviljho" meant. All the ground-based monsters rely on fucking retard charging you

Some monsters completely ignore dung pods

throw more

Dungmaster charm

worst case scenario throw bombs at your target monster instead

This is casual bullshit. Are the other EDs effected by traps now, too? If they are, I'm pissed.

Certain attacks by dragons and a few other monsters are considered dragon element. Usually there will be some sort of thick black smoke with blood-red sparks on most dragon element attacks, and they'll also give you dragonblight - represented by a purple claw icon beside your name. Not very many monsters use it though, and ironically, the most prominent examples aren't dragons. Stygian Zinogre and Deviljho (especially Savage Deviljho) are the most notable examples, and both are very obvious about it. Valfalk is probably the most notable example of a dragon using it for their main attacks, almost all other dragons primarily use another element or status. I think Gore and Shagaru's frenzy attacks do dragon element too, but I'm not sure.

You guys should see Brave Charge Blade in XX. So many fucking guard points, and you get free phial explosions when you use them too. Even your evades get guard points, because obviously you need a GP to make all your i-frames extra safe, and to blow up anything that touches you. And it can even ultraburst without losing its shield, just like in World. Because Brave wasn't already OP enough.
Fuck Brave style. The only weapon it doesn't turn into a huge broken mess is Hunting Horn, because nothing short of doubling all of its MVs could turn Hunting Horn into a broken mess.

wait what, i thought the first time you -really- get to fight him till death was in the elder recess. I don't recall him in the swamp. In the recess zone you first fight him in it has lots of slopes you can use to bait out jump attacks though, the hammer sliding attack is savagery against him

The elder dragons still can't get trapped in World. They can get hit by other environmental objects like the para/sleep/blast-toads and something like the big crystals in Elders recess. The devs should really rethink how much damage those three crystals do however. It's about 400 damage per crystal with a knockdown.

this game is too fucking easy, I handicap myself by not using all these fucking casual crutches and I still can't cart to elder dragons
time to go back to FU and get my ass kicked by a plesioth

Gore and Shaggy have no elemental affiliation.

what are his fireballs then, physical?

Aside from the scripted appearances on zorah, the first time you properly fight nergi is in the Elder's Recess. I haven't seen him show up anywhere else yet. In the beta you could fight him in Wildspire Wastes.

They also ignore environmental effects that work the same as traps, like the grimalkynes. Toads are an exception because they apply a status ailment.

The triple blast breath that one shots your ass? Dragon res didn't really save anyone. Moxie did.
The sticky virus ball Shaggy uses is completely fucking ridiculous doing 80%+ HP damage for bladememers and one shotting Gunners.
I ate for dragon res and took a Gore Virus ball to the face and still took the same damage and after 900+ Shagarus i can say its physical damage.

That Rathian I just fought with someone else. Could the luck be any worse? Constantly bombarded by both at the same time jesus.

Proof of a Hero in world is thematically appropriate though. It plays during the Zorah Magdaros fight, in which you must turn back a dying elder dragon from reaching his final resting place because a monster of his size and power dying in a volcano would destroy the entire continent the game takes place on. The theme is weak out of context. But it IS thematically appropriate for the situation it's played during. It's sad and melancholic, and in the proper context pretty good

But yea. The sound track is generally pretty weak.

the only memorable soundtracks are Nergigante and Bazelgeuse and then Nergigante's isn't even that good

That is so the opposite of what that theme is meant to be though, and why the fuck would that be appropriate? Because you're trying to save the world from exploding?

circle of life n shit, it's supposed to be about the terrible beauty of nature

Yeah, and you're putting nature in it's place, as you always are. What's sad about kicking it's ass?

Because you're denying a centuries old being his final rest. It's in pain and just wants to die, user.

is this how you felt when godzilla died as well?
you have no soul

Zorah Quest, who wants?

So what's the problem?

Depends which incarnation, the ones that are just a mindless rampaging beast I have no sympathy for, but seeing the brave warrior that fought against the Earth's foes die in meltdown after vanquishing Destroyah was a tearjerker.

But in the original it played at the end of a massive fight against a massive dragon that was only trying to run away from the literal calamity dragon Fatalis and was in such a panic that he almost destroyed the place. Lao was innocent too, but he was causing shit so he had to be put down. I fail to see how different it is, causing problems by dying in a place or causing problems by running away from something terrible, you're the hero bringing the goliath down. You're supposed to feel like the struggle is almost at an end and that you're about to prove why you are a real human bean and a real hero.

The other day I listed a few things I didn't like now for some I an neutral or somewhat in favour of.

I like the SoS flares, it makes jump in and quest fast and easy to find what you want, but somewhat kills the idea of hunting hubs and parties.

Tempered is much nicer than frenzied, I mean at least you can do shit without stones
would prefer it to just be higher health also

The corpse dragon while slow and fairly easy it is a nice fight and sits well between the super easy and hard elders

Augmenting weapons seems to be somewhat well done and not bad in an overall bad game

Tracking is ok, dont get me wrong it be fucking awful on small maps in which I want anyway
but leading you to the fastest path when a monster flies away is ok

Eating at base and having item box, I feel eating is amazing and makes the faster online play with sos flares work far more fluid
Item box? I think it should only be for like the first 5 minutes of a hunt, I get forgetting a hot drink or flash bombs so you wanna add them but being able to just restock everything throughout the hunt isnt good

I dunno what else I can say, my opinion still stands from the first few days that this is a well done monster hunter clone but its not monster hunter
Im now HR70 and will probably only go to 100 and will not touch again even for DLC or pick up the PC version unless it has a G rank

hey was the ID changed?
I can't join via Session ID.

They seem much closer to the hypers from Generations than the frenzied from 4U. Apex was pretty dumb yeah, but regular frenzied was okay in my opinion.

You're thinking of Apex, not Frenzy. Stones weren't even in vanilla 4.

Did you know it makes absolutely zero difference if you bought the game and loved it and played 1000 hours or bought the game and didn't play past 30 hours? Capcom got a full sale.

I just got up. New ID is 4nGQFXzKHQLQ
Also, there's a new thread.

Reminder that Radoban is /ourmon/, do not bully him.

elaborate