2D/3D beat 'em ups thread

Starting off with the magnum opus of the genre.

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=TSb8hrMLGCI
retro-bit.com/retrobit-announces-sega-partnership
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Here's a decent one

Wrong picture, sucka!

That would be Streets of Rage

Odin Sphere was my first non-cuhrayzee beat'em up glame I've played. If I liked it what other beat'em ups can user recommend?

I'M FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM

from the same dev:
Muramasa: The Demon Blade is more of the same with more acrobatics
Dragon's Crown is a belt scroller a la Golden Axe
Princess Crown never ever

princess crown isn't a beat em up
-t. someone who's played princess crown

also you should all play Sakuna of Rice and Ruin once xseed is finished translating it. It's a beat 'em up/rice farming game designed by a literal rice farmer part of the same team that made astebreed and fairy bloom freesia. If you look at those scarf grab environment chain-damage throws and juggle launching enemies into groups of other enemies and think that isn't the best looking shit ever you have awful taste.

White devil = Defeated

That game is legit in my top 3 games I'm looking forward to this year

It looks absolutely amazing and if you follow the lead, Nal, he posts all his experiments with things like how loading is handled, how hit stopping is handled and it just reeks of someone who knows the absolute ins-and-outs of the genre and is making the best game they possibly can.

Seriously, it looks amazing.

But all the characters are girls?
Gee that's fucking gay.

hang yourself my dude

Is Kami no Ken a beat 'em up or a cuhrazy? There's no combo meter (not complaining) but the game rewards agressive but skillful play (though it more rewards being a total shithead) and gives you the tools to build your own stylish fighting style.

Denjin Makai 1 and 2
Battle Circuit
Sengoku 3
Pic Related is a 3D one

just 1cc'd guardian heroes on the golden-silver route with sword hans

why didn't more beat them downs use the plane system? works out great

I'm detecting huge amounts of soy from that image

Is it the cuck beards, the tumblr art or the nigger bitch?

Gaia Crusaders is a nice one with a great soundtrack.
hooktube.com/watch?v=TSb8hrMLGCI

The japanese version is the best one!
私のパンチを受けてみろ!

Demolish Fist was great when it came out.

What 2D beat 'em ups outside of Phantom Breaker have combo based combat?

I remembered Code Of Princess being okay, how come I play shitty beat em ups instead of real beat em ups

availability? It's not too late to get a saturn, action replay, and play some guardian heroes.

How do you anons feel about Kung Fu Strike?
Also how is Dragon's Crown?

dragon's crown is solid, I'm anticipating pro.

can't wait to buy one and find a dead disc drive

>

I do know YMO, since I accidentally downloaded a whole discography of their music but it's not even good, it sounds like watered down instruments gasping for air

shit taste, rydeen and computer game are classics

Is it possible to mod it so it can read games off of an SD Card? I know the Dreamcast can do something like that but it was like a $100 or so.

yeah, rhea and phoebe.

thats not what a combo is.

Its literally just a more limited movement system that most side scrolling beat em ups had.

Godhand a shit.

Is the black chick still the strongest character in that game for muh diversity?

Babby's first jab 'n jog.

Sengoku 2 is better, 3 is too much of a juggle simulator and killing people isn't as satisfying.

Indeed, the battle system is straight up vs. fighting game.

I sure hope Treasure's announcement this year is the Guardian Heroes XBLA remake ported to Steam.

inb4

A combo is a series of attacks that are guaranteed to chain into each other after the first hit. Even fighting games have combos that are the "same move over and over". It doesn't need to be flashy to be considered one.
Regardless, my request for more of that type stands.

yeah nah

Because playing any saturn game without a saturn controller a shit.
Enjoy your lag
Cheap Chinese shit
Literally cheaper to buy the legit game and system at that point.

retro-bit.com/retrobit-announces-sega-partnership
Did they announce the pricing for these yet? Must've missed it.

That's not bare knuckle 3

You really need to hang yourself immediately for not knowing YMO.

Who gives a shit? The gameplay is great.

Fucking this.

Indeed.
Streets of Rage Remake is truly the best beat em up. Followed by D&D Mystara, Cadillacs&Dinosaurs and Battlecircuit

I feel like the evolution was more like:

Now let's add health bars
More movements and better gameplay
Now let's add some RPG elements
Now let's get rid of that crappy interface and make a proper videogame
I wish they made more games like these, now I can't play anything else. Maybe I'll play again "King of Dragons" for the old times.

Lad…

If you resort to using that, you aren't stylish.

Double Dragon II had some light RPG elements. just sayin

If they praise niggers, it is shit.

If I high side kick cancel but work in the Chain Yanker and YMK and maybe spend some time running around in circles taunting, am I stylish?

RBO with a full Dex build
All you anons should play this game. Fucking masterpiece.

This one is looks fine as hell too.

Is the Phantom Blood bmup on PS2 any good?

Here's the Kunio-kun you should get instead.

Is "soyboy" the new "cuck"? How long before you faggots overuse the term and it becomes cringey like "cuck"? How long before you run the meme into the ground like Reddit does with our memes?

Butthurt soyboy mad because nobody buys games with sheboons.

lol no

Considering "cuck" had like a 3 year run, i'd say we are stuck with the new retarded word for a while, meanwhile people where complaining in another thread about leftists making up gender neutral insults that sound retarded, the irony.

How long do you have to use the word "cringe" before it gives you douchechills, you mongoloid faggot?