Wurm Unlimited: No Discordfags Allowed Edition

Points of further discussion:

Main links and files:
Map generation:
forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/133610-map-generator-28/&page=1
If map generation freezes or takes too long try running the program from the console and giving Java more memory. Java version 8 64-bit is required.

Buyfags:
g2a.com/wurm-unlimited-steam-key-global-i10000006651002
Serverfiles and client:
drive.google.com/file/d/1YOo4Dkr_ZMjVBaM932EymBUdLuCUjUxf/view?usp=sharing

MODLISTS:
–Server-side Mods:
pastebin.com/xNsUYmq7
–Client-side Mods:
pastebin.com/zamffMAT
–Advanced Modding Stuff:
pastebin.com/XwtwLbvG
—Broken Mods:
pastebin.com/Fss379xw
-Handy Stuff:
pastebin.com/0AXK7mps

Previous threads:
archive.is/hnZjd
archive.is/rTyFr
archive.is/BX84g
archive.is/zW9l5

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/r4ZuWgAs
forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/134887-epic-ruleset-without-epic-skill-curve/
strawpoll.me/15029731
youtube.com/watch?v=7XmDYJBZZdc
youtu.be/HsGRsDe3iRw
youtu.be/Gd9OhYroLN0
youtu.be/msPMIbrNEj8
youtu.be/RzxuknbQ5VY
youtu.be/04F4xlWSFh0
mega.nz/#!xi4UgCSZ!EpbMjdPo7gi9q097CJPNJ8n7wZ80XmsVDBSFosOaJ10
pastebin.com/ryGZM3Jm
youtube.com/watch?v=ikLxZozTk7I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is what we could have on a map where tar is only in 1 or 2 places in the desert.

Allow me to vision it, if you will.

I vote, x2/x2.
I'd even go for x2.5/x2.5 if pushed tbh
Maximum /comfy/ tbh

Goblin attack settlements event?

Holla Forums threads only.
Anywhere else is fucking gay.

pastebin.com/r4ZuWgAs
I don't blame you, it was largely ignored

In solidarity with the thread theme: if anyone comes in suggesting that there is alternative server with an alternative map, they are full of shit. The map in the OP is the map we play under the creative control of Mapfag, and the server will happen when it will happen, not rushed by some outsiders peddling their inept circlejerkery.

A sad casualty of getting the thread in before it could be made by those kikes.

Oh fuck just had an idea for an event.
Every week the Holy Grail spawns in sandnigger territory.
Muhammudshits foreskin spawns in ours.
Queue capture the flag shenanigans.

Sorry m8 had to rush, blame the discunts for ruining everything.

This is how HoTs feels about the current on goings.

Care to fill me in? I was gonna join yesterday but now it seems sketchy.

this

Just retards deciding shit on their own off of Holla Forums.
Despite you know, the Brosettlements starting on Holla Forums.
Fuck 'em.

Do you mean herds of goats spawn in ours?

A secret club for fags that think just because they browse the threads they can make all the decisions for everyone else.
They have someone willing to throw money at a server host, that's about it.

but isn't mapfag also one of the 6 months fags, who hide away in their own chat. a steam group I think? it was a few threads ago.
it's a great map and all, but they're really no better the discfags.

When the next server is up, it's up. When a summer serb is up, it's also up.

The last server was absolutely pathethic, no doubt. But IF the next serb is done right we might as well play on it.

I know from experience that if a majority of people ends up playing on that serb, the summer-serb will fail because the majority will suffer from wurmout.

In a perfect world we'd put all the effort we're investing now into a serb which starts in a couple months, neither summer nor now, so both sides are somewhat happy. We'd all work together on ONE map and everyone would agree on all the settings and noone is unhappy. But this is not a perfect world, and sure as fuck: Neither is Wurm. Best thing we can do is try to support each other whenever we can, keep drama to an unavoidable minimum and play the cards we're being dealt as well as we can.

yo can we post in the thread what the potential maps are and so on?

Yea the OP posted them

Make them fuck off. I ain't playing with Discunts.

gimme a link to the disagreement
I want to voice an opinion

It's never been a secret club.

SteGgYZ

by disagreement i mean disagreement

thanks

use riot niggers

I'm one of the disagreementfags, though I'm not there because I like disagreement so much but because I want to try what I can in order to put my experience in wurm towards them learning from history a little and their serb not ending up like the last, spooking even more people.

I've posted the link to the disagreement several times and everyone is encouraged to join the discussion. I know, disagreement sucks, but the only way to have an effect is to be involved, so please help me break down the barrier between here and disagreement a little.

It's not that the lads there want to decide shit for the people in the thread, it's just that it is much faster to use disagreement in order to get shit done, especially because people have to organize with each other (hosters, admins and mapmakers have to work with each other, oldfags have to advise so mistakes are not being made).

Here's the link, again: /VXbkX9r

Voice your opions, get involved, help each other. Make Holla Forumsv/urm great again.

And I can't believe I, a depressive semi-alcoholic user, am saying this but: Try to be positive about this, lads. If I can do that, you can do it twice as effectively.

I appreciate you trying to bridge the gap, but why do we need to join them?
They are here and reading this now, why are they (1) and done?
We can discuss everything here and have been discussing everything here.

How? It's just typing a response.

As much as a hate tripfags, that's the entire point tripcodes were made.

There's nothing comfy about slow timers you triplenigger. Whatever the skill rate, timers should be like x5. Speed caps eventually anyway so it's not like you can break it.

Want to know what you retards are?
You're tripfags, no, you're worse than tripfags.
You see, rather than adopting a tripcode and posting in the thread, you make a username and post off board.
Pathetic tbh.
Literally zero point in fucking using discunt since everyone uses the thread, not everyone uses/likes discshit.
"But user I don't like posting on the board."
Then piss off, simple.

And don't give me that shit that "it's faster", I don't care if it is faster.
If you're patient enough to wait for a decent server you're patient enough to post in thread.

Actually I just noticed something.
Ayy lmao, the discunt is just filled with salty wannabee tripfags.

You type like a fucking redditor.
Piss off.

Lad…

Every fucking time someone starts a Disjew I know it's gonna crumble. I've had too many experiences where Discunt ruined everything.
Guess I'll fuck off from wurm. then

mapanon doesn't exist
this wait kikes are faking it to force everyone to play on their time schedule, which is a 1 month break from their diversity degree classes. pandering to waitkikes will be useless because they'll quit anyway as soon as their 3 week summer vacation (which they should working during instead of playing video games to pay for their diversity degrees), ends.

Last time I tried to get back into this, I couldn't for the life of me get the mods to work. No idea what the problem was.
No live map, no deal.

He was just posting last thread you autist. His ID was 992aca.

I know that not everyone uses disagreement, but it's the best means to communicate with the guys making the map and the server right now. I can post when key decisions are being made so that the people in the thread can weigh in on it if you like.

I've waited for a long time for this server my dude. I'll take any chance I can get to speed it up.

Live map is a client mod, so download it and use it whenever you can. Anti-cheat does nothing to deter it's use.

Mapanon refers to the middle east map maker. The one in the OP.

This should have already been happening.

Then there's no fucking point in using it since we all use the thread.
"N-not everyone uses the thread!"
Then piss off, this is a Holla Forums thing. Always has been.

You mean, the map you discshitters just decided you wanted off thread?
Fuck off.

Constantinbrople or bust.

I still don't see why that's a thing. They read these threads yet hardly talk except to berrate those who disagree WHICH IS GOING TO HAPPEN NO MATTER WHERE YOU TALK.
If they would just come in here and talk, post updates, ask what we all would like to see in the map/server and just in general work with us we at least I would forget there even was a discshit in the first place and work with them.

Well fuck. I sat here trying to act all ambassadorial like and it turns out they made the goddamn server already.

I don't wanna join a server that doesn't have the approval of the threads, because without the threads it will die very quickly, so I'm with you guys now.

Well, another server to ignore due to no discussion.
We had a rough start but we tried to extend a hand to work with the dicshitters but they swatted it away.
You tried user, I respect you for that.

SERVER IS NOW OFFICIALLY UP
EVERYONE GET IN HERE
89.160.237.124 Port 3724

Thanks. To summer we go.

What did he mean by this?
I am mapanon, I made the map in the OP. For what it's worth I don't have any plans of hosting and never did, I just thought I'd make a nice map in the meantime, partly on a whim because someone mentioned using a real-world map and I thought it was a cool idea.

tbh I think the map on the "test" server right now is pretty underwhelming, but there's clearly a significant amount of people who just want to play right now. I don't have any problem with that and even if I did it wouldn't matter, I'm just some guy who made a map.

I'll send the map files to the host dude (Bruce?) if he wants them but I don't really know what's going on, the serb is kind of in a limbo state where there's a "test" map that's being "tested" right now, but there's also a Tamriel map someone is working on, and it's not clear which will be used in the end. Some people want the test server to be the real server. And I think people will start to get frustrated the more "test" servers are put up that don't count towards the eventual real thing. Some people are trying to pretend everything is already settled and the server is up and running, but it's really not as simple as that (it's wurm, it's never as simple as that). The server probably should have had another week or two of closed testing and running just to get things working properly, but I digress.

This is the bottom line: Whoever steps up to host gets to make the decisions. This is how it has always been. The admin has all the power and all the responsibility. Create the server you want to see.
If I really wanted to invest the time and effort and buy a server I could host my own and tweak everything just how we/I like it, but I don't see that happening at all, and as of right now the discuck server is the only one that actually exists. So it will either be played on or not at this point. If someone wants the middle east map to be hosted or with different settings or starting at a different time/etc, they need to arrange that and come up with a plan to host it (unless Bruce/whoever decides to use this map after all).

Have you niggers learned nothing?

post the map or fuck off.

Fuck off

Keep it up mapanon, don't give up hope or give your map to these discshitters.

don't you have classes to work on? you should fuck off back to those and let everyone else play wurm

Nice saboteur try fagget, server is NOT officially up

lel

fuck off tit

Nice lad, keep it up.

there's more of the playnow crowd in these threads than there are waitfags, the waitfags just kvetch much harder.

Discucks who are watching this thread and laughing in-game:
All you had to do was be honest from the start and not try to hijack the threads from your discshit. That's literally all you had to do. It was your mistake to act like Jews. All this damage control could've been avoided instead of filling up the threads. You did this.

Nope I'm a neet

NOW you care about everyone else, not enough to talk with us about what's going to be in the server or how it works.
Not when you were making decisions about the map to use or the mods or the admins or anything, only when you need a large number to show up in-game to justify you spending money on a server.

Kill yourself already.

nobody hijacked anything, as soon as the idea of a server being run now was posted, waitfags went into kvetch overdrive and filled up the threads with butt-hurt.

Post the map, or get out.

I want a server as soon as possible, but I'll never play with discunts. fuck off.

We got angry because there was no discussion about anything beforehand about your server.
You just made one, you didn't ask mapanon to post his map and use it until way after you already made the server and showed your hand. You didn't post a modlist or even join in the discussion about what mods should be used.
This isn't relevant anymore, nobody has been saying "wait for classes to be over" anymore, the only "waitfags" are those who want the server to be made the right way, not just thrown together and posted with no information.
Anons have tried to join your discshit and talk with you and get you to talk with us, but so far all you do is call everyone shitters.

Althazar provided the cracked client without removing his player files. This was before Brohan, I've got nothing to do with hosting or leading anything this time. None of that matters because that name is forever tarnished.

There is nothing wrong with disagreement you moron

There's ALOT wrong with disagreement. It also happens to be incredibly convenient which is why, like steam, so many people use it.

Discshitters pls go.

Hostfag here, as of right now the server looks pretty stable, being a completely uncucked UNIX server without restrictions. I'd like to have a discussion about what the specifics of what YOU want from the server - rates, mods, admins, whatever - mapanon has provided me with his map as is, right now,it needs touching up but it would be pretty simple to get it up. I wont host it until we've gotten down some details and even if you want it hosted at all by a discuck.

theres plenty wrong with it dickshit, but the issue of the day is that it isn't Holla Forums
you're ether in this thread 100% or you can fuck off

I'd like to take your mods and admins and feed them feet first into a wood chipper, but I may as well as doubles advocate ask if you at least found a host who didn't double as the Slavic Bitcoin Botnet

host the mapanon map, the waitfags can join it 6 months from now when they feel like it.

actually i really don't care about the mapanon map i just want to see the waitfag meltdown

we can only hope.

I'm personally for 2x/2x with no epic curve although epic settings add more than just the shit curve

I posted a modlist that is a slight modification of another anons post from the last threads

I don't know names but the dungeon-user at least tried to work things out and fix his mistakes you will never be freed of no-clay bullying

Events, if dungeon-user comes back I'd like for him to continue that or for someone to at least pick up the torch. I also posted a quick idea about a tower that gives increasing rewards as you climb higher someone likened it to SAO i think but I was more going for the tower of the gods from wind waker

mapanons map or bust if you truely have it

It's about time you tried to work with us faggot

You really are filled with nothing but resentment.

Who?

The only meltdown was the hostfags wallet once his host died in a Vodka-induced Bitcoin Orgy =^)

I find it amusing that their mapfag thinks there's 5 people who won't play. When in reality there is the entire opposite faction who won't be motivated to play on a shitty map. We talk about it in our own shit.
Launch your shitty server nigger, have fun on a pvp server with no one to fight but nooblets who'll quit after the first raid.

Who are you?
What the fuck is going on?
Why have you faggots thrown up a server and just dropped it on us with no buildup or information or modlist TWICE?
Why is your group so incapable of providing us with basic fucking answers?

wew
I don't think you, your little brother and four other namefags constitutes a faction, my guy.

hes talking about the halfchan faction that still lurks the threads

I think he's talking about cuckchanners not wanting to join some shitty rangen map and instead want the mapanon map.
I'll take his word since I'm not going anywhere near bitcoinchan

glad nobody asks you to think then moron.

Dungeon-user is the admin/DM on this server, if you niggers want to play on mapanon's long awaited map in the near future then now is the time for less shitposting.

I'm user with a capable server hosting machine. Which we wanted to test right now, and did.
Also we have no idea who posted the server in this thread.

Imagine if you had this discshit circlejerk group actually take basic constructive criticism
Simple shit man, but what do you expect?

How did that go and what were you testing?

Not host, but whether the server could handle load. Seems great.

Going to let the server run for the night, mainly looking at memory leaks, latency and generally seeing if it holds up AT ALL. I just set the machine up last night so I had no idea if it would even work at all.

This is the server

If this counts for anything, I ran a localhost server for ~50 hours with a few mods with just me and the memory demands, as far as ram goes, went from 680k to 794k.
Didn't do much on the server except dig a little, it was mostly to test the lead creatures over water mod. Which works btw and doesn't cause animals to commit sudoku like I originally thought.

Truly?
What are the specs if I may ask out of curiosity.

i7-4720HQ @ 2.60GHz
16GB ram

32 bit glowing keys
window screen
corsair branding on the side (unrelated)
some laundry in the background
and its 10key

Nigga that's not laundry it's a shitty laptop pillow.
The red lights make it faster, what have you got?

Hopefully it works, best of luck.

Looks more like a radiator with a soon-to-be melted shoe on top.

i spraypainted my keyboard in ventiblack so it can stealth better in thief

So (You) are hosting, dungeon-user is admin, and you have mapanon's map.

I guess I'll just list what I like in my servers then.
I am not picky. It can be low as 1x or as high as 20x. Same for timers. If I had to choose I'd guess it'd be 4x/4x since I think that's what Brosmouth had.
I'm not familiar with mod names so I'll just describe them.
The one that lets you level and flatten things using the dirt inside a cart you're riding
Something that makes the PMK wagons and banners craftable.
20kg clay
Lead livestock over water.
Hitching posts.
Keep priest restrictions.
I am indifferent about changing meditation restrictions. Do it if you like.
One user previously suggested 23-hour farming instead of 24-hour farming. I am in support of this.

And that's all that immediately comes to mind. If there's other changes being made, like with deed cost or starting gear, post them here from now on so we know and can actually respond.

I've played WO long enough to loathe 1x, so we have x3x3 and no epic curve on the server atm but I guess its up for debate, we have dig to ground but I'm not sure it's the one you described.
30ql leather armor and longsword has been the consensus in my experience.
We're also going with the hitching post if it actually works. Currently have 4,5 hour crop growth with no rot but it seems a bit excessive. I just want a balanced server with as many people as possible.

Appreciate the feedback.

x3x3 is perfect, no epic is fine.
All you lose out on epic are God quest, but the curve scale is way too OP to bother with that extra nicety. A good event GM can fill the role of quests anyway.
HoTS don't give a fuck about farming our godess demands meat.
30ql is great.

Why?

because the waitkikes want to shut it down

IF people are interested in Ebin stuff WITHOUT the curve, this thread on the wurm forums seems to have a couple responses that go into detail on how to achieve that
forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/134887-epic-ruleset-without-epic-skill-curve/

I don't know anything about what's apparently going on. Who are the waitkikes and what are they shutting down?

Depends if you use Epic or not. I'll restate what I said in an earlier thread, iirc you need to enable Epic for epic features like missions to work properly, this also means enabling the epic curve unless you code a mod that disables it. I highly recommend you enable epic and just lower the xp rate slightly to compensate if you think it's too fast.
pastebin.com/r4ZuWgAs
Everything on here except HitchLimits and BetterFarm.

There's like 50 dig mods that so it's up to the admin to choose between them.

I have these listed asTabard Mod and Add Kingdom Items in my modlist in the OP.

Comes with most dig mods above

>Lead livestock creatures over water

8hr might be better but anything less than 24 is prefferable.
Have you considered sicklefags complaints about forests going bye-bye if we don't get a sickle?

Because for the past couple threads it was nothing but anger at each other but this thread they are actually here discussing changes.
But then you still have who can't get over grudges.

Apparently the waitkikes are those who want to wait for 6 months for collegefags to get out.
But the real waitfags are the ones who just want the server to be discussed and iron-out beforehand so that the server is actually done right this time.

This is actually a good suggestion, even if hatchlings can't really collect and plant saplings, the fact they are at least trying will at least help keep the world from having to be replanted after the serb actually starts.

disagreement is great for ruining groups and games.

halfchan is making it work ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

after my bout on sklotopolis (5x xp/4x timer) where it was possible to do 1-80 blacksmithing in a day I'm for something like 1-3x XP and 2-4x timers. People complain about the grind but seriously with a macro and materials to fuel it you can get reasonably high skills in no time at all. If it were my say alone I'd do 1x xp/4x timers if it were possible to modify the skill requirements for certain items like wagons and catapults. Then again 1x XP would be obnoxious for characteristics so unless those were also modified it would probably be a terrible idea.

Custom meditation action timers and cooldowns would be nice. 2 months to hit level 11 in a path would be reasonable IMO.

Priest restrictions kept in would be nice if not modified so they're laxed a bit like what Brohan had. Specially modified priest rates would be nice depending on default rates. No one is going to be casting high level spells unless they're run a priest macro day and night.

Did we ever reach a consensus on alts and macroing?

youre not goinmg to be able to stop people from macroing unless theyre spamming 10k keys/min like some fag was on brohan

heh that was me
I left a water bottle on my spacebar.

you guys talk alot of shit about grouping up and fighting redditors and shit but every time one of these servers goes up theres like 2 macrofags, a bunch of PVE normies and if anyone attacks that kills one or two of you, you quit and complain. maybe just stop.

You die ingame you die in real life.
I would like more chivalrous codes of warfare though.
Brohan was savage, brutal, and stressful.

You forgot to sage.

but i want replys

Back to
>>>/cuckchan/
with your cancerous forced memes.

You faggots that keep going on about the jewcord are the same ones that bitch about how there's not enough work being put into the server. The IRC was put together for the sole purpose of mapanons, hostanons, modders, etc. coming together to make a server from suggestions and discussion based from the thread itself. Literally nothing is decided until someone gets an idea of what people want in the thread first.

There is no fucking jewcord boogyman, you can go there and see for yourself how transparent the discussions are. Anyone dumb enough to fall for this D&C disagreement meme is playing right into the hands of the same folk that DDoS'd every other server that wasn't properly protected just because they hate fun. You know what's worse? The fact that encouraging this stupid fucking bullshit kills Holla Forums Wurm faster than any super secret pyramid jew scheme anyone could think up of in an IRC with 50+ users.

The amount of discussion and work required to make basically REWORK a whole fucking game and make it feasible for a pirate friendly server where you don't pay a god damn dime to play on requires an IRC. If you don't want to join it then don't bother. But if you want to make absolutely retarded claims that there is some shadow organization plotting in secrecy then you clearly haven't been here long if at all.

The disagreement link has been posted a thousand times, visit it or don't. But stop derailing any and all discussion for future Wurm servers because you dislike an IRC. You god damn faggots.

(checked)
Calm down nigger, shits been actually fairly nice half-way through the thread which you probably didn't read.
The main complaint here in the thread and past threads was no discussion on part of the hosts/admins here in the thread.
Some people just don't want to use discshit.
We just wanted to know what was going on and wanted to voice our opinions about changes with some feedback, which is what we now have.

DESU I'd like x3/x4.

so is the server on? i have no idea what's going on, how do i join?

oh fuck off. it doesn't take a 50 man circlejerk to set up a server. only 2-3 people ever do any actual work, the rest are just there to be part of the in club and suck the hosts dick. what could they possibly be doing in there that they couldn't in here? if they are discussing settings, they should be here. if they are announcing progress, they should be here. there is absolutely no reason to ever leave the thread.

why does this always happen. every time someones starts something on an imageboard, they always fucking leave and then have the gall to get offended when people call them faggots for leaving.
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? IS IT REALLY SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?
IF YOU'RE NOT ON Holla Forums
IT'S NOT A Holla Forums SERVER

Checked in a moment ago. Either we're on the dead hours or everyone is really angry that shit's been subverted.

You have autism

Read the fucking post you mentally deficient faggot.

You clearly have no idea what your talking about.

Speaking of wurm there's no point in playing if its going to be pirate friendly since the old renderer is ass cancer.

That's clientside, also

What? You can't play with new renderer since it isn't the same version. Also I don't care about graphics but the framerates are terrible.

I didn't know that, it's never been brought up nor has it ever been a problem.
But a couple threads ago, you can check the archives, someone showed how to easily crack the client yourself.
Someone just needs to upload it and it works.

Then what is wrong with it?

Creates an "in" group circlejerk.
Anything that involves names/accounts usually puts people in a mindset of having a "reputation" to uphold.

Well you don't NEED to, but it'd be the easiest solution for this whole stupid drama. What good has this split done for us so far?

The whole plan is to do something off-board together. Me not wanting to post in the thread is simply not the point. Fair enough if you don't care if its faster, but other people do. You can't force your perspective on them. I don't give a shit about the avatarfagging aspect of disagreement. Most people there probably don't even know who I was in wurm, or which of my posts on my board are mine. Again, you nitpick on every single little thing you can find just so you can insult people and vent your frustration because you're not getting your way. "I type like a redditor"? What the fuck kinda desperate search for any attribute to insult is that?

Like I said I don't like it either but it sure as fuck ain't gonna become better if people don't try to make the gap smaller.

Noone wanted to hijack. There isn't any talk about "Hey you go post that now, oy vey we gotta silence this opinion, the thread-goyim don't matter, only we do" or whatever it is people imagine.

Holla Forums is where the heart is.

Nothing but this started on Holla Forums and should imo stay on Holla Forums.
If people want to use discshit, fine but some don't.
There should be communication between the two.
Is it so hard to just type on here where it started?
If an admin and host need to communicate about important shit and don't want to have to worry about imposters or have some privacy, it makes sense, but things like discussions about rates and mods and maps and all the rest are a community thing which is what the threads are for.
The host and I guess an admin finally asked some questions in the thread and got replies which is great and what needs to continue.
The "fuck all waitkikes I want to see them cry" and "I'm not playing with discshitters" needs to stop.
Vengefulfags gonna grudge

Hold the fuck up. Everything else you had said I was fine with. But the thread archive is right fucking there. The three fucking musketeers sat there and threw the server up with no warning. They then kept screaming, "waitfags btfo!" and if you are the user from the last two threads, you were there.
I will say, in their defense, while there was and, even as a wait until proper serb is ready, and for collegeladz, I would say reasonably asking to speed the serb preparation along for the first few threads, these guys show up with a map that, compared to Mapanon's is hot garbage, especially after having Constantibroople hyped . And while I'm hesitant to say, "they are finally listening" it's at least hopefully a step in the right direction.

that's right, you should go read it again, because what happened was they posted the map and 3 waitfags kvetched for the entire thread and shit as hard as they could on the new server to discourage people who wanted to play now. there was very little of "waitfags btfo!" and what there was, was responding to 10x the amount of kvetching coming from 4 or 5 people. meanwhile that server had 15 on by the end of the thread, almost all from 8ch. the waitfags do not speak for all of Holla Forums.

Wrong, Yid, you had 0 players because your damn serb went down before that thread 404'd.

>W-w-what does 4 people have to do with what EVERYONE on discunt Holla Forums wants

You're the same fag who went from "a couple of people want to play now" to "a few" and then immediately to "all". You're talking about kvetching, but the you're the only one who keeps trying to memory hole shit here.

jesus, cry more faggot

I agree, but the Holla Forumsurm-disagreement has been alive for almost a year now, there is no getting rid of it at this point.

Agreed, and it's what I'm trying to do. That's why I have been posting here so much. But it would also help when some thread-lads get involved with the disagreement-lads on their turf.

Personally I would prefer to settle those things with strawpolls posted in the thread. But I know people hate strawpoll. But voting in the thread is even more easily manipulated, and if we just go by what seems to be the consensus whoever spergs the loudest usually wins. And usually those people are not the most informed or experienced and don't have a very objective perspective on what's being voted on. disagreement is probably even worse in that regard, but at least there manipulation ain't as easy as changing your IP - still, I think its a terrible idea to leave the "voting" to disagreement, since it is not at all representative of overall opionion

Fucking this. And this is also related to what said.
There will always be retards on both sides of the argument, and all we can do is hope that the majority doesn't listen to either of them. Both OP and the "fuck the waitfags" shitposters fall under this category IMO.

Please not that I am pretty sure that
is not the admin. Or the host. The host doesn't want to admin. The nigger who posted that is probably the lead shitposter of the "disagreement crew" and just wants to troll. I prefer anonymity all the way, but that's what happens when two anonymous groups clash: Whatever one retard is saying is suddenly representative of the entire group.

RIGHT NOW THE SERB IS IN TESTING PHASE AND IT IS VERY, VERY LIKELY THAT IT WILL BE WIPED

That is also why it's population isn't representative, since many don't want to invest time on skills and whatnot if its gonna be wiped.

In my opinion, we should give it a month until we officially start. Announcing a date for the wipe would be wise. But that's just me. It's up to the admin.

In case there are doubts.

A date for the wipe would be a decent idea, but I think knowledge of there being a wipe is at the very least far better.

there is no "knowledge" of there being a wipe, it has not been determined, it may or may not happen at this point, which should be decided soon.

The plan now is to close the server to badmins only for now. Then setup the proper mods and fine-tune what needed be, then do a clean wipe.
After this a REAL official launch post will be ready and posted before the server goes live.

Hostfag here, can confirm the server will be wiped and we get a clean start when it officially launches, date TBA.
Testing has now "concluded" and the server has been closed.
Before that happens we're going to close it and add mods based on recommendations in the thread and see if they work, also fine-tune the rates.
We're not going to use the unfinished mapanon's map since I believe it might cause even more outrage and not many discfags even want to play it.

Anyway we'll make a proper OP some time BEFORE the server goes up later.

whoever ganks this guy in game get's free sleep powder for every corpse

Only if the admin - the guy in question - actually remebers to give the trader enough powder.

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT FO

That said, the White Light is a religion of peace.
What do you suggest? Some sort of system to signal that someone is a lone traveler or explorer and should be left alone?

Because screenshots can and will always be taken out of context, just like almost all the screenshots in this thread.

I wont even mention the assmad user who capped like 50 messages and then conveniently ended it with a "SHITPOSTING CONTINUES,THIS IS WHAT JEWS ACTUALLY BELIEVE"

Pretty funny how they go from giving zero fucks about what the threads wanted to now obsessively following every post so they can jump in to spam damage control.

Make up your fucking mind

Unfinished how? Looking at the image in OP I see tar, trees, huge as fuck regions of desert and tundra, what more does it need?

You should've cared about what was going on before you got outed for plotting in your chatroom. It's your own fault.

Mapanon told me himself it was unfinished and that it needed touching up before being ready

There was no plotting, just rampant shitposting on both sides

This is THEIR server, with THEIR map, and THEIR thread, and they'll keep pushing that until people stop caring to bring up their bullshit. They are them, we are us. Typical Jewry. It doesn't matter how great mapfag's map is, they'll never use it because he isn't part of their circlejerk.

Is that what you call not participating in the threads, watching from your chatroom to gauge interest, and then creating your own server twice with no input from the threads or any of the settings taken from mass opinion in the threads until people entered the chatroom to see what you kikes were doing?

But mapanon literally is part of the circlejerk and he even delivered the map, and after "gauging interest" the thread doesn't want us touching it and the discshits thought it was bad.

Stay mad brotendo

Repeating a falsehood doesn't make it true.
The thread doesn't want you here at all.
Thanks for confirming what I said. Kill self.

Literally everyone here wants mapanon's map.
It is the whole reason people wanted to wait in the first place, so that it could be complete.
If it needs "touching up" then touch it up. We want Brostantibrople, not some random patch of land on some random unrecognizable continent.

Mapanon was willing to trust you enough to provide you with his files. Now you need to make good on it.

It's almost as if PEOPLE STARTED TO CARE instead of being egoistical. Weird. Nah, that can't be. It's probably some evil jewish plot. Must be.

But we got either Tamriel or Scandinavia. We literally took heightmaps of those maps and worked on them. I'm not saying those are better or worse, but "random" is a bit harsh.

Also, shit, if mapanon can polish the map a little and give it to the admin then he'll probably be okay with using it, too. Needs a little bit less desert, though. I myself have constantly been reminding people not to forget about the desert biome but this is overkill.

If that's actually him. Offering to help people doesn't make a person part of a circlejerk, anyway, if those people already have their own scheme and are contemptuous of his work and the people he represents.

Yeah, almost like the small group of people plotting in a chatroom who set up two servers that pissed off everyone started to care after the threads realized you pieces of shit were killing the deus vault map for your own circlejerk ego trip. Well done!

Neither of which are the map everyone here wants to use, everyone here being everyone comprising a Holla Forums server, not a handful of faggots sitting in a chatroom.

Just like he was okay with the Tamriel chicken map, the map which the majority of the chatroom wanted, the map he refused to use because it wasn't the map his own personal mapfag designed?

Oh right.

Both of which got dropped in the thread with barely a word. My point still stands. If we had to choose between those and mapanon's, the safe bet is that we would go with mapanon's.

the waitfag map is terrible. it's 2k and all desert. the waitfags wanted the map, it's yours, run it in 6 months.

The tamriel map was shit mate(Elevation is fucked)
The crescent map is shit mate(everything is flat as shit)
They BOTH needed touching up
it was a TEST server, why host the good maps

Are we supposed to be mad?

It's the map everyone here wanted. You'd know that if you were from here or bothered to read the threads. Oh, right, you don't really care because it's not your map and you're only here to work off the hype we generated amongst ourselves to have our own server.

Says you. Chat said different.

Cus he sent the map to me and bruce and we tested it nigger

In detail the tamriel map was an unfinished mess, chat just looked at a thumbnail and immediately started hyping it.

There are some loose ends that would need tying up, maybe an hour or two worth of work, and there's also the need to place starter deeds.

They've had multiple maps and their only plan was to manipulate us into following their aka (you)r lead, nice (1) lead.
Only after everyone realized what was happening.
Nope, proven false. This is what they're pushing as the official server. Nice lies.

Better than the alternative the admin couldn't stop fawning over.

It was the one everyone wanted. Admin refused to accept that and pushed his own map.

Alternative was so good, people actually want it now OVER the others nib.

Welcome to 8ch. Get out.

For someone that hates identities enough to spend days complaining about them, you sure do hate having an anonymous user say something.

You are fucking insane. Stop acting like you speak for oh so many people. We're trying to reach the best compromise for everyone but at every turn all you can see is conspiracy, hate and mistrust. There is no reasoning with you.

Yeah this shit needs to be fixed.

I think we shouldn't go with what is wanted the most, but with what seems to be hated the least. This is Holla Forums, after all. And that map would be scandinavia.

OR we just create a completely new map together. But that would be, you know, a reasonable compromise. And that's haram as fuck, apparently. Let's just keep fighting like little kids instead.

What are you even talking about? Oh, sorry, opinions that don't come from the Discshit shouldn't be uttered. My bad. I forgot my place. Only the Chosencord have the right to say anything.

Get out.

I wonder if it has anything to do with you people trying to control what we do from the comfort of your chatroom?

Our top priority right now is to bridge this gap between the chatroom and here. But all you care about is your anger. You are the definition of toxic.

Oh boy. What else am I? Problematic?

Newsflash retard: We're not going to settle in the desert, and even if we were, people can make their own oases in Wurm because it is a game about TERRAFORMING. We're settling in Eastern Thrace. where Constantinople was located. See the pic in OP? See the red circle that says "Home ;_;"? See how it's surrounded by grass and trees?
Confirmed for never actually playing Wurm for any extended length of time. The enemy factions will never, ever see each other on a 4k map because they will be that far apart. Buy a subscription to the MMO and go to Xanadu if you want to wander around lost for hours like a moron. Don't drag us down with you.
Almost all of your posts have been nothing but threadshitting about "waitfags" that don't even exist. If we cannot crusade into the Holy Land in the name of Theotokos and Autokrator in your map then none of us are going to want it. End of story.

Did you just assumed their gender?

Shit. I guess that's my cue to spend an hour lashing myself for atonement.

Its Atonepeoplet

Add 40 lashes you filthy mysogynerd

Nigger are you retarded, or just trolling? I'm not part of their secret club that they kept asking us to join, I'm waiting for the summer so I can have time to play and enjoy myself on a custom made map that we've all been looking forwards to. These guys want to make a different server on a different map, letting us know when and how they're doing it? Whooptie-fuckin-do, when summer comes along and we all go to Brostantibrople they'll stay on their dying serb or come join us.

Don't drop a random server with no info, keep communicating. See you fags this summer.

we didnt nigga, some faggot did an unofficial post

The biggest problem with the way we did warfare on Brohan was it was mostly random hit squads whenever either faction could do it. In both cases neither could really put up a fair fight at certain points.

Maybe something like a planned battlefield something like out of the napoleonic era.
Anything more chivalrous than marauding band of sledge hammers.

I'm not saying raiding towns is out of the question but at least letting them know we're coming within ETA time frame. So they can put up a defense would be nice.

Alright you faggots, kick and scream all you want but the server is having mods added right now, based on both recommendations from this thread and a mod folder from mapanon.
I can't give an exact time when we'll launch it but it should be ready in a couple of hours from now.
It's mainly a question of which map to use, discshit want's the current map but we're open to using the one from the OP if there's enough interest, which I'm sure there is but there's undoubtedly enough lingering resentment that will refrain some anons from even playing.
Both mapanons "Deus Vault" and tewdrigs "WHYGOD" need touching up. Tamriel needs abit too.

strawpoll.me/15029731

VOTE NOW

And this is how it happens, just as foretold. Anybody who doubted Chosencord has been trying to take over, here's all the proof you need.

Are you guys making an attempt to bring HOTS to the table at least?
Will a complete changelog be provided once you're done testing the mods and have decided on which ones go in?I'm not talking about "x is in so is y" no,i'm asking if,every single tweak made stat change,modifier,spawn rate,drop rate,and others in comparison to the base game,is going to be posted.
I see farming,but is meditation,breeding,mining and HFC being addressed?
Some user's made the case that archery may be too strong,do you agree or not?if you agree,do you plan on doing something about it?if yes,then what?
I hope this isn't going to be a half ass attempt at a serb that addresses a few issues here and there but leaves the important shit untouched.

Tamriel map is p shit, too much water, its just empty wasted space for the most part.

WHYGOD seems awfully generic.

Mapanon looks best thoug I would prefer the arabic peninsula had another big batch of forest. IRL you'd have the river deltas and mountains actually having vegetation, its not all just sand.

We're voting on the map too.

This is very true, but I doubt it will be addressed unfortunately.

Anyone with half a brain can see how retarded you are at this point, noone takes you seriously anymore, just fuck off.

You've seen where 8/v/ wants to settle, I'm curious as to where 4/v/ wants to settle.
Any input or is it sekrit?

Never thought I'd agree with discshitters before this thread but THIS

Is there going to be a vote on mods?
I'm not really sure how to determine what would be added or not, maybe two votes.
One that is voting for adding and the other voting for not adding.
I know there might be compatibility issues

we haven't thought much about where we're going to settle. It's all relative to the factions spawn anyways.

Can host/admin set the spawn?
You might want to let them know relatively where your people want to settle.

FOR THE HOLY LAND

pic related is current mods, all can be debated

The fact is that this confirms you faggots tried to jew us.
You tried to jew us once, no doubt you'll try it again.

Discshitters are not to be trusted. Ever.

If we're talking about changes to the map.
turning the green circle into a swamp or a forest of some sort is all I feel needs to be changed.

Up to you, to never trust them again. But the way I see it they've admitted to the fault and gave us what we were expecting to get. So I'll take it and that'll be that. If you get the check you were expecting take it anything less is petty ideological fights that don't improve anything.

Looks good for the most part.
Is there a reason to not add the creaturemod, the one that adds like 50 more animals?
What are the changes being implemented in armoury/spellcraft?
What is the starter gear going to be?

You're not helping

Armory makes rare weapons way too OP and its other features allow such customization that you should describe what changes you're putting in. Same goes for spellcraft to a lesser extent in terms of customizability.
In short: what's different from vanilla with those two mods? Because I don't think I'll like it.

Thing is we want to cross the desert to get to the cool shit.
Maybe turn Jerusalem into the swamp?

Also the island top-right, "Iceland" anything cool there?
"Here thar be dragons" or some shit like that?

"Here thar be dragons" or some shit like that?

That's GM work after the launch but I agree, Brohan had lil islands with treasure for people to find. Found a ton of rare helmets for our collection and Addy ore.

i remeber seeing a mod that added fist weapons like brass knuckles into the game, any idea what that was, not that i want it but i wanted to prove a point

(mapfag here)
It's partially broken (horses are always white), and also requires a client-side mod to work. Also it only adds 2 animals, the Panda bear and the Ocelot.

Pretty much the bare minimum has been changed by these. All the shit I listed in previous threads was done away with, it's just this:
Armory config:

Spellcraft:

None of the rebalancing autism was kept in because it's too complicated and probably wouldn't go over well anyway.

I like the "Loss" in Tamriel and wish that we sould somehow incorporate it into Deus Vult.

All around sounds good, I never did spells so I'm not sure how any of it will pan out.

fug

I'm on board that we need a swampy area.
But I really like the idea of traversing the desert.
2nd pic is my suggestion.

1st pic-related

He said it could be debated so I assume no.
What would you change/add?

Have you guys considered project gorgon instead? Just a suggestion

Is no one going to mention the fucking loss in the second pic ?

Isn't that a more combat focused game?
Wurm let's us terraform and build our own villages and fight with each other.

everyones seen it

Not that user, but it's an MMO made to be as old school as possible. It's pretty okay, but not similar to Wurm in the slightest.

Hey wait wasn't that the one MMO where Holla Forums triggered their moderators into enforcing no-fun rules?
I also specifically remember an image about summoning Agitated Skeletons

these waitfags are such fucking cancer there should be a seperate faction dedicated to griefing all of them on their shit map.

t.tewrig or his boyfriend.

samefag trying to stir the pot

server is on it's way idiot

So how are you all handling surface mining?
Skootopolis (spelling) server has a server side mod that changes lowering surface rock levels by a unit of 1 per swing. Unlike some of the abandoned mods on the forums, does actually work with whatever that other shit I downloaded from there is called.

Just ignore them, if you look at his posts it's nothing but shitflinging and anger towards people he claims do nothing but shitfling.
Pretty ironic

I'm not a discfag, read my posts.
In case your reading comprehension is low, I was telling people to ignore the obvious vengeful discfag

WEW

good luck making people spite you even more

And what community are you going to have when you can't keep your servers up for more than a day or two at a time?

one without you

And god, you people are acting just like the Fighting Amphibian peeps from the late 00's. All infighting and bickering with each other to the point where nothing gets done and plans collapse.

Maybe its just human nature.

To play devil's advocate, the first "server" was used in FUCKING LEAF country and is apparently targetted by russian bitcoin enthusiasts.
This new one that is up is supposed to just be testing memory leaks but some fag put the info out trying to get everyone mad at each other again.
Then the host came in and actually started to communicate and mapanon is also working with them.
We have communication now that's what matters.
There are still people on both sides trying to start shit.

maybe you should suck my dick sideways tbh

t. shitter

Am I wrong?
If I am then please correct me

Fucking this.

Reduce archery attack speed by 20% or disable shooting from cart,mongol tactics are alot of fun,but they're just flat out too strong in wurm.
Also archery done well means you face little to no danger out in the wild.
I'd buff studded leather to provide a more meaningful bonus against blunt damage,aswell as do the same for chain armor in regards to slashing,just so plate isn't the best armor in all situations.

fucking confirmed best pvp enchantment
nimb and fb/fa are cool but holy shit even a 50 roll on that seems stronk. mag priests are now goat

Actually wait, this is VERY important:
Does Phasing work on bows?

given how enchants work, it'd probably work if placed on arrows individually

does armory let you tweak hands/legs?

Unfortunately, Armory can't edit archery values. Archery runs through a completely different system than all other combat. Anything else would need a custom mod.
You can't edit the slash/blunt/etc. factors with Armory either, you can edit other aspects of armor though. But just remember that buffs to studded leather are also buffs to archery, since studded leather gives no penalty for archers. I think the "balance" of archers is meant to be that they can't wear the heaviest and most protective armor or use a shield, but it ends up not mattering much in PvE.

It's on all gods. Harden is the one for Mag only. Might just move Phasing to mag though because honestly they're a bit shit compared to Fo.
Also what I said wasn't entirely accurate, it's not a 30% chance to ignore shield blocks, it just gets factored into the percentage. I'd have to look up the combat formula to tell you exactly what that means but it's not as overpowered as it sounds. The default was actually 50% at 100 Power and I toned it down. It does mean that Large Metal Shield spam may be a little less prevalent though.

Nope. Bows might be able to be enchanted with it but it won't do anything in combat. It only works for melee weapons because archery uses a separate combat system.

Yes. As of right now they're all vanilla settings.

The PVP meta of the game is hellhorse cart of archery death. I wish there was someway to disable archery while mounted.

this. wurm combat is actually fun with groups of fags circling eachother trying to get some hits in instead of nigger tier drive by pin-cushioning to death

Could possibly buff wagon speed. Some mongols rolling around on a hell horse cart and a brave soul rushes in on a wagon to sabotage them.

Also, IIRC you can carry unfinished siege shields.
I dunno.

i honestly have no idea how you could buff them to make weaponless viable without being good, though

having archery difficulty raise based on movement speed would be great
too bad i can't mod

ou havent thought that one out, have you?

Not gonna work. Hell horse carts don't have many feasible counters in the current game besides another hell horse cart.

Reminds me of this

Cart archery actually is all about stopping to shoot,drive off once they start getting too close,stop to shoot.

wagon can only fit one person on the back instead of an entire bangbus of archers

siege shields block most arrows
if the enemy has enough people to have a memecart and guys to rush in and stomp your shit you probably lost anyways since pvp often boils down to numbers

Don't fall for such obvious bait lads. (Only truth in there: It IS human nature, sadly.)

I think we can all agree that surface mining was a tragedy that must never be repeated ever again. My thoughts and prayers are with our main miners who lost their sanity back on Brohan.

i don't remember too much of that when we did it, but good point

How does it work in regards to passengers though?
Chariots had a dedicated driver and dedicated archer.

So the only solution to this, and this is coming from a HoTShead.
Either we sign a non-nuclear proliferation agreement and engage in more chivalrous warfare.
Or the admin fixes it.

Every passenger can shoot their bow at the same time. The more people, the more deadly the cart.

Or, you know, M.A.D.

i can't wait to load up a cart full of alts and start sniping waitfags

Fellow HoTS here. We didn't even reach the bison cart meta. Wurm PVP isn't well thought out at the core.

nani
If that's faster and more durable than a hellhorse cart, I'm so done.

A counter to chariots, as far as historically speaking goes, was to dig big holes in the ground, caltops, spear walls or just shit in the way.
Too bad wurm doesn't have caltrops.
The best way I guess would be to surround a village with holes randomly placed or just put shit everywhere to make it annoying to turn around.
But that's a planned defense, in the open (like when we go on a crusade for tar) we would get fucked.

Not faster, but more durable. On Brohan you can actually kill Hell Horses real quick if you had dedicated archers and not 2-hours-online-every-two-weeks Minecraft players like HoTS suffered from. Just swap to shield when you get focused on and you're golden.

bear traps are in the game but they dont last all too long

If planted thorn bushes would damage shit that would work.

I've never used them but what about siege shields? Do they defend against arrows?

see

Fuck, there's quite a few traps in wurm.
Do you know if you can set a bunch but make it so that other people in your village don't set them off?

That's not a bad idea either

theyre faction friendly i think but theyll go off on the horse youre riding unless the horse is tamed and belongs to your village

So is the server a cracked server or a normal one?

The only server that has info posted is being tested for memory leaks.
As far as when it will be finished it should be pirate friendly.

My thoughts on the map.
Where should the God statue be? I've marked some suggestions.
Someone suggest a swamp area above, I reckon we should decide between 1 and 2 or suggest a 3rd.

Well, this is the deus vult map so I say in Jerusalem.

Would a Three God Statue be good with a swamp Jerusalem, or would it be better to have the statue there with swamp 2? Also where should spawn be set up, It should go without saying that it needs to be where you can sort of easily spread to the winds once you start up. I'd say near swamp 2. I also like both greenery ideas.

That being said, my question is should the east coast be easier to get to? Maybe a river through the desert grand mountain line, unless that would be too ridiculous, which I'm fine with.

Thing is with having swamp 2, it would force less desert exploration on us which I'm a little against since the map idea was forged from the "WE DUNE NOW" idea. I don't mind if swamp 2 is a thing btw, it's just my opinion.

- If we go with swamp 1:
Having the God statue in the middle of swamp 1 might be a bit too annoying for some.
I'm not too fussed, we only need to make the journey once.
- If we go with swamp 2:
Needs to be in a pretty oasis tbh

Spawn? I reckon it should be in an oasis sort of area in the desert.
I'm thinking in Cairo or somewhere between Jerusalem and Poofter Island.

I actually have a question concerning pic-related.
How far a trek is this? Since that's where I imagine our boats would be stationed given it seems Brostantinbrople is raised pretty damn high.
Just saying it might be a pain for some going back and forth just to get to our boats.
Especially if you're like me and plan to be a fisherman. T-totally not biased or anything… N-no bully

this discussion is pointless the map is objectively inferior. nobody will be going anywhere near the desert due to the lack of wood, instead they will circle jerk around the wooded areas. these desert shills are botting.

Judging by each green pixel being a tree which is 1 tile, I'd say it's about a 2-3 minute walk.
But that's just the sand coast, there might be another coast right there where the bridge will be built.
It's also not like we won't take up more space than just the red circle.

.t Tewdrig

2-3 minutes? That's fine then.

He's on my HoTS shitlist, hope he liked being beheaded and raped.

The reason why we did a vote is because it's impossible to have a consensus on this shit.
I'm sorry you feel the way you do about the map, but it's what the people who are going to play on the server decided on.

It looks kind of like we'd have to set up a dock and ramp area, because the slope looks pretty insanely steep on that lower left side LIVING ON THE EDGE, we'd probably end up making a ramp for it.

I am pretty against loss of desert exploration, so maybe some rolling dunes marked with small bodies of water and a couple of tar pits nearby?

As for spawn I figured pic related although actual spots should probably be discussed more thoroughly. I think first choice isn't too bad, but a nice desert trek could be comfy too with the other ladz.

I'm sorry your map had the lowest number of votes, perhaps crowded kfc plate will win next time.

forgot to clarify by Spawn 2, it was just my guess of where you wanted it, if it's wrong feel free to tell me what's wrong with it

It must be tough waking up in the morning with this level of victim complex.

Spawn 2 sounds like a bad idea

figure it would have been a nice little one time thing, since joining a settlement gives you a free teleport anyway, right? But a fair point

Any ideas of a decent spawn while we're at it? May as well get as many choices as possible

Because we're past the stage of arguing honey.
You argue something when you want to compromise. There is no compromise to be made because 67% of the potential server pop thinks you're retarded.

I vote athens since it's pretty much in the center without being in the middle of the ocean.
People have a pretty fair distance from anything so they can join in later or make some new settlement without having to run too far.

youtube.com/watch?v=7XmDYJBZZdc
Anthem.

I like that area, but maybe a little lower?
That's actually exactly where I was thinking, obviously it would need to be made into an oasis like area.
More spawn suggestions, a little further away from home.
However we'd be closer to trees, grass and water to start with.

Those spawns are way too close to a very nice area to set up a village imo.

True.
I like the Athens idea you had, but I reckon it's a bit too close to home.

Do I dare I say we spawn on Poofter Island?

Fuck no, just look at the size of the swim once all the trees are gone.
Those are cliffs around the desert near fag island

Come on user, embrace diversity and POZitivity!

Volcano? That would be sick tbh.
However I'd maybe shrink the circle you made a bit.

Actually…
How about we spawn in Volcano Village?*
:^)

Are there any active settlements right now? Got something going on Mythmoor right now but could use some company. I want a backup server so I have something to come back to once everyone quits because PVP sucks.>>14295507

Mapanon here. All these suggestions are great and if I had them two weeks or so ago I'd have seen about implementing them, but this kind of stuff (a giant swamp, changing swathes of desert to something else, etc.) isn't something you can do manually without killing yourself first. The map would have to be done over from scratch and tbqh fam I ain't doing that at this point.

Anyway, the map is already up and running, we've had a test server going with only admins able to join in order to set things up. I've added the three starter deeds - you can see them on this map. Players from all factions should regularly cross each others' paths in traveling around the central part of the map and along its waterways, while the more remote areas are free for exploration, hermits to settle, and dungeon placement, as well as other purposes like HOTA.

This map is pretty much representative of what's running right now, although some minor details and secrets have been (((scrubbed))) from the map image in order to encourage you to explore and find them. There are also a couple of secrets hidden in plain sight.

The map is pretty much ready now so it's up to the host when the serb opens.

well not the whole thing a volcano but mountains too

Works for me, having messed with the mapgen myself I understand its fragile and takes hours to render.
For nonmapfags basically the map gen records all the actions you took to make the map and in order to change anything it has to be reloaded to its final form (which involves the generator literally redoing everything you spent hours doing every time you load a map)

You going full zelda ain't you?

le downboat

Because that is where bison spawn my good goy friend.

Is that a volcano down the bottom left?

ebin

add a freedom spawn

It would never happen, but I still get a bit of a chuckle thinking about it

Hey no worries Mapanon, if mapmaking is that bad it's better to avoid it altogether. Still can't wait to play it at some point

Quick question lad.
Where about is the Three God statue?

see

Hostfag here, an official post/OP will be made tomorrow/in a couple of hours stating when the server will be launched.

how about you just post it

pastebin it in a don't use link shorteners link thats only available on a private host server in the google database

I pray that you fixed surface mining and concrete recipe so that our lives aren't suffering when it comes to autism.

Oh yes.

WL = White Light = Three Gods statue. It's in the icy north.

who is going to be what faction? brohots is vying for lib again. i assume 8/v/ will be JK so who will be MR?

N O R M A L F A G S

This reminds me. Sklotopolis had a mod where fireplaces produced ash so you could actually make concrete before you had a fullblown coal pile operation going.

Fuck that we should take MR. They get the coolest titles and colors.

JK is nearest to HOME though

Sounds good, don't forget that if you are going to let normies join to post somewhere they congregate.
Hopefully cuckchan tard wranglerfag sees this and posts there as well.

theyve been participating in the thread. theyll organize themselves

I'd suggest trying to find a way to garner attention of the serb in plebbit some way or another. We discussed it on and off a few times but they are probably our best choice for at least tiny villages of them if we can't convince them to join into a single kingdom settlement, at least from an organization approach. The only issue is plebbit's nature tends to make it so that the subplebbits are more based on shilling for and discussing particular games, rather than joining new games. Unless they have a board specifically for that purpose and with a group that's dedicated to trying new games

im not too reddit savvy but they have the general vidya reddit (what reddit/videogames?) where you can try to garner attention from. you could also try the wurm forums and not mention that its cracked since they delete those (just say it was a private server that wants to try going public)

Queue reddit comments and wurm forum posts on how it's a white nationalist meetup serb because someone called them a nigger.

your in luck because the waitfags are deeply knowledgeable when it comes to reddit

There is one website I know of that used to do wurm invasions back in the day.

Yea, a large community of normies probably wouldn't last in the long run, unless they are so filled with hate towards ebil nadsees that they will drown in the autism to "get back" at us.
But there may be some hermitfags that end up staying or joining us

I wonder if /brit/ would join.
They're autistic enough tbh.

Anybody have the Brohan playtimes?

What's your Myhtmoor name? I've got a 99 faith character there I wouldn't mind reviving for a bit. I think I might be stuck on the PvP map though.

I haven't followed the threads much so what's the situation?
From what I got skimming through the thread we'll have all of Holla Forums on a faction, with cuckchan on HOTS and maybe some other group doing something else?

A norman group isn't really guaranteed at the moment, still some talks will be needed to get them into this. Not on the chans, mind you, but maybe a thread of invitation in plebbit.
Thankfully everyone has more or less settled down, and there is open talks which is good. It only took a few threads Mainly at the moment, the host is just trying to figure a good time to throw the serb out. I'd say the best bet would be to try and line up normans beforehand, so they can catch the scent of new serb smell, but that's just my opinion.

your opinion is wrong, the server should be released immediately.

Jewdrigs, real talk for a moment here, did you really think your map was going to be voted for playing on? I almost feel bad for your friend who voted on the map with you. Perhaps it needed a bit more personality to it. Hopefully you enjoy Deus Vult though.

Holy shit dude, dial it back. You might make him cry.

Poor Tewdrig, a failure just like his map.

Tewdrig? More like P-ew-dick.
Cause his map smells like dick cheese.
ayy lmao

Which user is going to be the head faggot of the town this time?
Though it doesn't really matter who, as long as they're not a power-hungry autist.

I know I'm biased against dicksuckers after the whole Israel shit.
But I reckon it should be a thread-only fag.

Last thing we need is more secret Jew shit.

Definitely. But we need to remind whoever it is to not be a complete retard when it comes to setting town permissions. There's nothing more cancer than a town where "Only miners can mine. Anything you drop is now town property and you'll have to use Steal to get it back."
Someone who isn't given a rundown on how it works can introduce some real gommunist shit, even accidentally.

I'd Mayorfag but I'm one of those sicko with a fulltime irl job.
So I'd be a shit candidate.

What about you user?

im going to enjoy ganking you faggots over and over again until you quit the server. you will not even make it out of spawn.

I am but a humble adviser. I learned what I know about wurm from reading the wiki and observing the great deeds of others over the past few years, but I have never performed any myself. I am not worthy.

I hope you've played before infidel, because I will enjoying gutting you and stringing you up outside our gates in Libila's name. Noobs are no fun to kill, and I've killed many veterans myself before easily. Watch your back Tewdrig the Horde is coming for your flesh.

youtu.be/HsGRsDe3iRw

youtu.be/Gd9OhYroLN0

youtu.be/msPMIbrNEj8

youtu.be/RzxuknbQ5VY

youtu.be/04F4xlWSFh0

So you're the Jacob Rees-Mog of Wurm?
Legit.

>implying you won't just quietly accept that giving up might be the better choice and just enjoy the serb and democratically voted better map
Whatever floats your boat fam, but you may want to make a new name prior to the serb starting

(checked)
Post the edgy libila follower picture, I know you have it

Hey I know a name for the Horde's starting deed.

Pick one of the lads who have been online the most in the last runs so long as they are a voice of reason and not prone to becoming drunk on power.

Personal advice: Keep them drunk on other things in order to distract them from becoming power-drunk! Worked well last time.

I wouldn't want to do it again though, not that anyone nominated me or anything.

I'd nominate Yore, whereever he is, since he had the highest online times and was pretty chill, or alternatively Shekelstein because he was also fairly active, definetly a voice of reason and my nigga. Miss u. xoxo.

The trips have spoken!

Who was the dude in charge of Brocelona?
He was pretty cool.
He hasn't became a discfag has he?

Hostfag here, preparations are in order.
We're looking at a GMT(UTC+0) 9:00 PM 21:00 launch, that's in just over two hours for anyone too lazy to look it up.

x3/x3 rates NO EPIC CURVE EVER
Pic related is list of mods we're using
More info at 8, maybe.

HAPPENING

I was born for this moment.

Nice one, I just popped in to see how shit was going and now this, I is in lad.

actual hostfag here, there's no plans for a server and never will be.

I wonder if I should choose a new career. I really like smithing, but I don't want to burn out on the game because I literally never leave the mine.

Perhaps it may be time for me to live up to my name and be a farmer.

Oh no!
That's ok I can wait

Fucking waitfags…
;^)

Bought Wurm.
Ready to play.
Anything else I need to download?

You can check out the client mods in the OP
You could also dl a different browser

Cool, are they required?

No

Cheers sweetheart.
I love you.

That and the giant swastikas

If you get nothing else get Improved improve it makes shit far less arduous.

So what bro variant are we going to call this one?

Because of the location we're going with
Brostantibrople
Constantibrople
Brostantinople

some form of the above, most likely.

Brostantinople sounds best.

I still like Broheim.

Same here

SANTAS COMING, TONIGHT TONIGHT.

So we're MR?

Hang on does this need Steam?

a pirate client will likely be provided at launch.

What kingdom to join?
Any point in choosing Freedom?

freedom doesn't pvp

JK is closest to HOME

I thought Hots (and maybe the other kingdoms too) could still attack Freedom Isles.

Didn't we pretty much agree on JK?

Personally I'd prefer MR tho. But I think it's gonna be JK.

One hour to go user, I hope you're ready.
As far as I know most of 8ch is picking JK.
There may or may not be an option to join no kingdom at all, do not choose this unless you want to die alone. Freedom is for cucks and hermitfags.

Pirated client is linked in the OP, but it needs a steamemu file to work:

Server IP: 89.160.237.124

Everything else should be in the OP or the thread if you haven't read it already.

is this the same client as posted in the last threads or do I need to download this?

I hope someone with amazing mspaint skills is going to work on our jobs list again.

what port?

Piratefag version might not work properly, best bet is just to go buyfag.

Same client

Fug :-D

Server IP: 89.160.237.124
Port: 3724

This would be nice.
Does ANYONE have the old image from Brosmouth saved? A quick wipe-down and it'll be good as new.

To newfags don't forget to turn the Chat Filter off in Settings/Game or you'll not be properly insulted.

Have we decided how we're going to settle?
Do we have an idea on player count? I think the ultimate objective in all this is reliving the glory days of brosmouth.

You might want to include this in the next OP for the time being.

Server password?

I deleted the post because I didn't read things and now I'm downloading the client and the pirate patch.
I can't and won't buy the game though, I'm a neet.

The games haven't begun yet the GM's are doing final touch ups.

Well consider my cock thoroughly teased.

Teasing followed by tender kissing and sex is the ultimate form of love.

What if I need it rough though?

you play WO then.

Does anyone have the BE GONE cow?

Post comfy music

We need music fit to prepare us for WAR

Serb delayed, sorry.

We need building music fam.

Nigger I have razor blades poised over my veins rigged up to a Rube Goldberg device that will slice if it's not running by 21:30.

Niggers?

Glad I didn't waste that.

Impressive digits.

good post

ITS UP
PASSWORD: REDDIT

WHERE IS THE SERVER DEFAULT

Okay so Holla Forums is jk?

Yes

I don't know shit, I'm as eager as you.

Augusto and/or Tren around?

Inb4 it was a ruse

If the server doesn't open soon I'll shoot up a school and the FBI will shut down this site.

see

It's not though, it says password invalid, and I copied and pasted/typed in the shitty password.
The guy is just an (1) rusing us.

He wasn't the only one rusing you.

A ruse? From discfags? Wow, who could've foreseen that?

SERVER IS NOW OPEN
SERVER IP: 89.160.237.124:3724

NO PASSWORD

ITS HAPPENING

so is it real or not

[16:59:20] You start to pray at the Altar of Three.
ITS REAL

Real

Do I need some client mod or some bullshit you didnt mention I connected to annes temp server just fine before

can we get a changelog for shit like did you actually cahnge how dual wield works?

Some one want to mark where the fuck it is we're meant to be going?

Which kingdom did you join?

(¬‿¬)

We will never ever hear the end of that, fuck.

Ded serb, should have waited 6 months.

Good thing we waited =^)

were there any weapon balances modded in?

seems like characteristisc dont have the upped rates applied

Pirate friendly? If so is the client in the OP sufficient?

Yes along with these files.

Copy both steam_api64.dll and steam_emu into the WurmLauncher and WurmServerLauncher directories for the client to work.

Excellent, I'm prepared for autism. We playing in MR I presume? (most of us at least?)

Nope, JK.

Jobs List
pastebin.com/ryGZM3Jm

fug :-DDD

View from the summit of a mountain I've yet to name.

Come get me boys ;)

bumping this. shit is mad slow. gains are like 0.02 per hour which is total ass when it comes to body strength for loading carts or wagons

Buyfag here having trouble connecting from either the buyfag version or piratefag verison. It's giving me a connection timed out: connect error. It is the 89.160.237.124 with port 3274 right?

Buyfag version doesn't need a change does it?

im using a buyfag client and its working for me
check your firewall settings

check your port

ports are 3724 dummy

It's been a long day

There is no fucking way the skillgain and action timers are in place.

They are, it's just the body characteristics that aren't affected by the rate changes.

Aw damn. Is that being changed to include body characteristics anytime soon?

Host isn't online right now so I guess whenever he logs on

Fo is love, Fo is life.

these are in place, these are the correct rates you casual fucking niggers.

>realize I'm still burnt out

Same fucking thing happened to me with the brohan serb kek

Reminder that no matter how much you play Wurm you will never be as mad as this man
Part 2: youtube.com/watch?v=ikLxZozTk7I

I can't tell if its the same thing for me, or if it was because of what happened with body characteristic or finding trees
Hopefully I'll be able to actually get time to play soon to find out though.