hooktube.com/watch?v=dKuvUdBdrvU
hooktube.com/watch?v=YN6aQfYs1HU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

shit line up, not worth my time

twitter.com/EVO/status/961066305607446528
POST YFW YOU NEVER BOUGHT INFINITE

archive.is/U3P2v

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

this is a low effort thread, but fuck it I'm laughing anyways, what a fucking disaster

Christ, you're a degenerate pervert just like me aren't ya?

why mark

superior webm

That's pathetic

For fun?

also

DANCE THREAD

CUT THE CANCEROUS VANCOUVER AWAY, CUT THE MOUSE CANCER AWAY, MAKE MEGAMAN, DRAGONS DOGMA AND DMC IT AIN'T THAT HARD YOU NIP FUCKS, LOOK HOE MUCH DOSH MHW IS GIVING YOU!!!!

Is this rock bottom?

You know it user. Glad to see someone finally recognize this shit
favorite character?

Meleefags can't let go.

I don't particularly like any of the girls that much, although my favorite part is… that one dungeon.

Meh its been a while since I looked into my smug folder so why not.

Can we have a sticky thread when Labo flopped hard?

I'm happy as hell about Marvel bombing, but I'm sad about KOF. SNK are doing things right, they deserve some love.

Whats your agenda op?

10/10

That's fucking sad

Their shitty ass nu-fighting games will continue to flop until they make Juri great again. The curse continues unabated, all is well.

(checked)
Very nice user. Solid taste, though it is a little shame you didn't like any of the girls, I can kinda understand why though

Needs more dancing.

The Curse of the Mystery Nigga claims its victim.

The AAA market will crash soon, and it will be glorious.

oh my

I'm retarded and don't keep up with fighting shit, but love terrible blunders. What's the tl;dr?

See;

Why is Melee still there?

MvCI was designed by committee between Capcom USA, Marvel, and Disney. It ended up being butt-ugly with a roster that nobody liked (no X-men when they were always the most popular, because Fox owns the movie rights to them) and was too small anyway, basically zero single player content worth playing, and an uninteresting competitive scene. A few of the highest-profile MvC3 players were picked as beta testers and spent months trying to pump the hype so they could cash in in on release by winning all the launch window tournaments when they'd had the game for months longer than everyone else entering. A gay black furry clowned all over them anyway, Capcom's big banner tournament circuit died under the weight of an underwhelming game and way too many retarded gimmicks, MvCI's community manager accidentally released an internal video describing how Capcom is going to shekel independent tournaments as hard as they can, and then another company released a MvC-style Dragonball fighter that sold two million copies its first weekend and buried whatever was left of the wreckage.

This was going to be MvCI's first EVO. The game didn't even survive a year.

Why not?

Don't know why sticky, don't care. It's a good day to have a hearty laugh, get fucked and die fast nuMarvel

Cause isn't there like 5 top players that it always comes down too? Might as well throw some old Street Fighter game on there then. The game was made in 2007, fucking let go.

Thats pretty pathetic

Pretty much, the community overall is cancerous too.

Now if only Disney would fuck off from vidya forever.

It still has a passionate community behind it that probably won't die for a long time; if you wanna tell that to the melee players prepare to get sperged on

I still enjoy watching it.

Am I reading this right? It only sold 40k copies?

Eh, fair enough, is wave dashing still a used tech?

Yes but those are Xbone sales only I think.

Melee players won't let their scene die until they've crippled an entire generation of autists for life.

Still that is abysmal. Even if every other platform sold twice as much the sales are awful.

6 years off the mark there.

Jesus christ you are right.

BUT WHERE'S POKKEN?

Yeah.

On Twitter, there's this one sperg replying to every single person asking why Melee is still there.
twitter.com/R_Herd_Tiberius

You're almost there buddy

People don't live in utah do they?

Do you count Mormons as people?

This is why I make my parents pay for an internet connection.

HELL NO!

There's something remarkably cheesy about his posts
Also he's practically spamming

Why not?

I would like to be excited, but then there's this shit. At least Mahvel is finally dead.

Is Nintendo officially sponsoring the event now?

That's probably the entire Utah Melee scene.

They might as well be. Surprised the Switch port of SF2 wasn't forced in there as well.

Denuvo Fighter Z fans are taking the piss outta this one

Not sure who to be more smug toward

Crapcom, or the retards who despise anime so much they'd rather have nothing than a DBZ game at Evo

Now concentrate on getting all shills from tourneys purged so they starve to death.

I wish the DBZ game hadn't sold well and also wasn't being included, but only because they're fucking Jews with their DLC bullshit. Can't believe people bought into that.

It's still a good game. Cry about muh DLC all you want.

have some backbone as a consumer, faggot. If you're willing to buy that game you'd better have the balls to at least complain to them on an official outlet as a paying consumer to call for them to stop this shit, or you're a cancer to the industry as much as anyone you shit on

Did they ever fix those dumbass infinite combos you could do?

Wait, it surprises you that a franchise that shits out a new game literally every year for 3 decades now is largely supported by people with no impulse control?

its a business not a damn charity, user.

Get fucked, Capcom

They don't call it Infinite for nothing.

Fuck off Carlos.

Now if only Meleefags would fuck off.

This is an imageboard, not reddit, fuck off

No, fug you OP

It's not that there's anything particularly wrong with any of them, I just prefer girls who are more robust/bigger/fitter than they are.

What I wouldn't give for a similar dungeon involving a girl like pic related… oh yes indeed~

Yeah, I guess but the whole fucking thing is cancer to begin with.

This. EVO is garbage. Who cares about an event primarily aimed at niggers? Also
I'm laughing.

nice argument, you double nigger.

(you)

if you dont like it goy, dont buy it, its not like your vote will matter in the end.

Damn, I fell for it (kinda).
well played

Imagine how angry Disney must be at their video games people this year. Star Wars once had the most successful games based off a movie series in existence. Marvel vs Capcom had one of the most passionate and loyal fanbases in fighters and the movies have made Marvel even MORE solid a brand. Two of the biggest brands on the planet with a history of videogame success. Both bombed hard.

EA next please.

Its not quite lawbreakers or Battle born

Marvel killed itself by replacing men with niggers and or women that look like men. The brand is cancer now.

It does not matter if it is a good game.
It has Denuvo and paid DLC. It should never be bought because of it.

Say that to piracy ;)

This.
All entertainment must be done by Men. Not by irrational animals such as niggers, women or faggot abominations.

beating a dead horse was never this fun, is MvCI the new TORtanic?

This

Replace melee with Pokken and BB Cross Tag with Killer Instinct, and then it'd be perfect

I haven't bought any games besides Child of Eden, Turok 2 pc port, Halo Reach, Quantum Redshift, and like 3 other Xbox oringal games in the past two years. Oh and 20xx but it's boring, so fuck me.

I win again!

That is platinum

When you buy video games, any anti-consumer practice was implemented using your money.
Always pirate.
Never buy.

But if you never buy.. then why complain?

Checkmate arrr fags

Numbers for RWBY characters ending up core to BB:CTB's meta.

To have complete control of what is put into the product, so i can enjoy it without giving money to the fags that made it.
Have fun for free.
And still be a demanding person.
That is the way to enjoy entertainment.

Screw the smugs, post your best soy face to defend this masterpiece.

Got excited to see sigma being a boss only for the game to end up being shit. I know, it's modern capcom and should have expected it, but I still was let down.

I can't post images at the moment, but you should check steamcharts right now. Still not quite Lawbreakers levels, but definitely Stillborn tier.

Dubs tell the truth

Nice. There is a little justice left in the world after all.

wew

nuMonHun is part of the problem, not the solution.

It must be hard having crippling autism.

=="I don't think people are playing it, that's the problem. We are always had to support games that people ''actually'' play"=
D E A D G A M E
E
A
D
G
A
M
E

Both smash games are there because both of them will hit 1k+ entrants and 100k+ viewers a piece. Smash 4 won’t die until the fifth comes out and Melee will die if Nintendo releases PM or they all die.

some other people have been making waves over the years but it's often short lived. at the same time, of those 5 you mentioned, one is in permanent depression mode, and two are well past their prime.
thing is, I really love melee but the competitive scene the last year and a half or so has become very boring in my opinion.

there's gonna be an donation drive for a 9th game and mvci's "fanbase" will get it in there.

MvCI has a fanbase?

capcom

To be honest I'm so desperate for a new good game to come out I'd buy it even if it had 4000$ in microtransactions, 6 on disc dlc packs, denuvo and paid online.
But there has never been a good game with any of those things so whatever.

You live to see injustice become more popular than Marvel vs capcom
Injustice 2 now more popular than mortal Kombat X

You have to go back.

That's a slap in the face if I've ever seen one. Needs more KoF, though. Here's hoping SCVI gets a slot when it comes out.

you have summoned me
Alright you motherfucking triple-niggers, do you know how much of a difference there is between Melee and literally every other game in the series? No other game has wavedashing/landing, shield dropping, waveshining, edge cancelling, dash dancing, etc etc etc and it makes it play completely differently from the abomination that is Smash 4. Honestly the only reason 4 is included is because of all the turboautismos that will show up in the hundreds wearing their fucking nuFire Emblem T-shirts with their favorite waifu jacking off to ZSS and Peach between matches. That and the money that Nintendo will give them for advertising.
As for the top 5 (five gods as they were called), PPMD has been inactive since 2015, Mango is washed, and M2k has been placing outside of top 8 pretty often. Leffen's been beating gods since 2015, and Plup just won his first super-major last month. Right now Melee's top echelon is getting a huge shakeup as players like Crush and Zain are taking out top 10 mainstays like Sfat and Wizzrobe. Melee was dead for a minute there while Hbox was winning everything, but now it lives again.
In all honestly they really should pick one, Smash has its own major tournaments that top EVO entrants every year and are better run, with Bo5 for at least top 32 at all the big tournaments. I'm sick of hearing top players bitch about the Bo3 until top 8 and then enter the tournament anyway.
Resume Merriment

I just want to see some Street Fighter III 3rd strike. Are people even playing V ?

it's time to stop.

Super lewd.

I'm not sure what makes me happier, Marvel products bombing or Capcom products bombing

gotta be honest, tits and lots of supers don't make a good game, i told you about the game having lots of nearly clone characters in functionality, where one character will be just a higher tier version of another, such as Love Heart being a mid tier Iori,or Whip being a bottom tier Billy Kane, characters with useless moves that devs never fix, the grab is retarded, plus the fact most of the fanbase isn't even American gives it zero traction to get on the tournament, it will probably be the main event of Animevo though that's where it always belonged.

That still reminds me about this. Pic related was my friend. I warned him, gave him many legit arguments on why not to get it. Gave him many better fighters to play. And the dumbass got it anyway due to peer pressure only for them not to buy it. He couldn't even refund it because he was dumb enough to get it from Gamestop. The image even popped up on a video by Event Status so thousands laughed at him. Every time he preorders something, I will remind him again and again.

One day, he will learn to not fall for hype or peer pressure.

MvCI is now a part of AnimEVO. Which is pretty ironic considering that people have said that MvC shared anime fighter mechanics. Still it's worse than many fighters at AnimEVO. TvC is a much better alternative and so is nearly every other anime fighter.

It's also funny how MvCI fans were upset that they were on AnimEVO when those games are supported so much because they're so good. It's why Melty Blood, Arcana Heart, Chaos Code, and Koihime Enbu are still played today. Lets see how long they support this kusoge.

I wish it was PM instead. Most of the tech and many more viable characters. At high level play, Melee might as well have 7 characters. It makes the tourneys a little stale when it comes to variety like all the Yun players in SF4AE. I would rather have Melee over Sm4sh though. Or better yet, replace both games as they already have their own large scene.

I don't follow

It's more like 10 characters, since multiple top 20 players main Samus or ICs, and the best Yoshi main is a top 20 player. Axe the Pikachu main is ranked 7th in the world above any Captain Falcon main, who's supposed to be an objectively better character. Luigi isn't as prominent as he used to be since the two best players have been fairly inactive but Abate's made top 8 at a super major before. Then there's Young/Link who is occasionally pulled as a CP to Puff. The thing about the non top 8 characters is that the skill floor for execution is way higher, and they get countered pretty hard by at least one of the top 8. But matchup inexperience can also net a mid tier main some unexpected wins.
And contrary to popular belief, PM doesn't actually have that many viable characters. The top level of competition is dominated by Meta Knight (still) and Wolf, and this is without the much more skilled top Melee players going balls deep on the game and developing it to the highest level. That, and the fact that many of the characters are built around a single "gimmick" move like Wario's fart or Ivysaurs laser means that most players dislike playing PM, which is now primarily dominated by turbo autists and trannies.

I just checked their site (evo.shoryuken.com/) and KoF is there.
Why the hell isn't it in their lineup announcement image? What the shit? And of course there are sites out there already reporting KoF won't be at Evo this year.

that's evo 2017 line up you idiot

Heh, nearly thought they had UMvC3 this year

Because its not one of the main 8 games at EVO. KoF 14 and UMVC3 will more than likely turn up as a side event.

does anyone have the marvel vs capcom esports video?

I honestly prefer PM's gameplay to Melee, even on a casual level, as it's just smoother overall to control. It's a tossup as to whether I think Melee or PM (via Brawl) have the better modes, but gameplay-wise, I think PM is much more fun.

I agree

I don't see a problem with Wario or Ivysaur in the sense of their gimmick as they have many other tools that they can fall back on. I did like it better when Wario has a running grab that looked similar to his shoulder rush attack. The fart is saved mostly for recovery most of the time. As for Ivysaur, the solar beam is a great tool but he has plenty of other tools to rely on to the point that you don't ever have to use it to play well.

Another thing I enjoy about PM is more stages. Many stages just aren't that fun to play on in Melee because you spend more time platforming instead of fighting. Making it absolute hell for slower characters who need to use their 8B to travel anywhere high or far.

If I were to replace both Smash game though? I would add Gundam Versus and Under Night In Birth. Oh and replace Injustice with Blazblue CF or KoF.

Poor kid's just upset that his trike is gonna smell like skank now.

I love de-trapping

Thats not a vulva.

It's not even Bridget.

It's clearly that one fighting game loli cosplaying as him.

Its Platinum cosplaying as Bridget m8.

What's the fucking point

To look cute.

That feeling when almost every other major capeshit company gets to join in at the main EVO events and Marvel is left in the toilets next to Melty Blood.

How's MvC 3 then, I want to get into fighting games but most of them seem like shit now.

The toilet is too good for Marvel.

I honestly though that was just a really bad Venom Snake cosplay for a second there.

It'll still be in as a side event most likely. How many entrants do you think it will have?

Dumpsters are not safe spaces they tend to be on fire.

It’s not there at all, user. Disney said no.

Not at all. But what do you want out of a fighting game? Easy inputs, a good assist mechanic, using multiple characters, long/short combos, emphasis on footsies/zoning, lots of gimmicks, balance, fluid combat where you can chain many different combos you can make yourself, a reward for good offense/defense, lots of movement options, or emphasis on aerial combat?

At EVO Japan, it had 100+ people competing. However, it also had 0 viewers. Samurai Shodown V had more viewers than MvCI. Hell every game did.

lol, that soy faggot must think that box is one giant block of tofu.

umvc3 is really fun at a casual to mid level. it probably has the most weirdo gimmick characters of any versus game. mvc3 dante is still one of the funnest to play characters in any fighting game imo but i hope you have a local that's willing to play with you because the netcode is irredeemable trash.

there are a lot of good fighting games right now even if you ignore all of the old games that are still popular and have healthy playerbases.
there's even that fucking pony game coming later this month that looks >functionally really solid and uses ggpo. if anything, there are too many good fighting games right now and the biggest challenge is finding enough time commit to learning them.

Large roster, fluid chaining combat, movement options.

What's your opinion/the consensus on USF4, I saw it has a lot of DLC but most of them looked like cosmetics.

It's unavoidable to get jewed in amy modern fighting game, $6 characters seem to be standard for all games now but you will only hear complains about that when its an unpopular game, cosmetic dlc is mostly irrelevant unless you see these popping out a lot while the game has several balance issues or bugs.

For those, I would recommend Melty Blood, Arcana Heart 3 Love Max Six Stars, King of Fighters 98/2002/XIV, Blazblue Central Fiction, and Under Night In Birth Exe Latest. Melty and AH3 fit all 3 criteria while the others at least fit 2. If you don't mind 3D fighters, then there's Virtua Fighter 5 and Dead or Alive 5.

Why Melty and Arcana? Besides the large roster, Melty has a very unique meter system combined with many movement options. The game really awards aggressive playstyles while also giving you many defensive tools. Besides having 20+ characters, each character has a different "moon phase" which alters their moveset and changes a few mechanics like the ability to dodge or an auto counter upon parrying. Even if you don't know the source material, the characters are all pretty unique and fun to play.

Here's some gameplay from a tourney last year.
hooktube.com/watch?v=PgOhJw9UxUU&t=5s

Arcana Heart has a movement system that not many fighting games can compare to. The Homing system allows you to fly to anyone while having full control of how you alter your course. For this reason the game is very fast paced and aggressive. There are 24 characters and 24 arcanas. Each arcana gives you access to a few mechanics, special moves, and a damage/health multiplier. The love arcana give you a float ability, the ability to reflect projectiles, and laser beams. Earth makes you summon giant stone fists to punch people and gives you super armor. Evil gives you teleports and the ability to poison. Sin takes away health in return for some oppressive projectiles and traps to lock enemies down. Because there are so many arcanas, you can have some interesting combinations to suit your playstyle.

hooktube.com/watch?v=eCNMXnj27gw

Not bad at all. Decent music, great selection of characters, but some boring mechanics. Focus isn't bad but there isn't much else. The Ultra system simply rewards getting hit but it's something. Most of the depth comes down to character's tools and not universal game mechanics. The DLC is simply cosmetic for Ultra so you can avoid all of that.

That's the first version of Lighting that i find cute.
Kinda ironic that you need to super deform a character to make it actually look good.

Did they add something else besides the parry button and the burst/heat? Oh yeah you can gain health back but that requires you to be the one dishing the beating and IIRC while in that mode you didn't have any special advantage. But i havent played since Act Cadenza.

Its a great game still, but its really rush-down oriented, like most fighting games, so it's not really a negative point but i wish that not only a handful of games had extra comeback mechanics.

Avoid type moon VNs and non fighting game material like the plague.

It was really weird that both Lightning and Snow were more likable in WoFF than on their main FFXIII series, mostly because WoFF was more lighthearted.
They seem more fitting as side characters than as main characters.

You can also gain back guard meter by blocking at the right moment and some moon phases can hold down shield. I haven't played any Melty besides the latest version so I don't know if those were in the earlier versions.

If you want even better defensive gameplay, then there's Under Night In Birth Exe Latest and Koihime Enbu. In UNIST you can get a ton of "potential" meter very quickly from blocking. I say "potential" because UNIST has this unique mechanic called GRD which is a pool of meter at the center of the screen that both players fight over. After a certain amount of time passes, the person with the most GRD (which is earned from good offense and defense) gets a 10% attack boost and can sacrifice the attack boost to roman cancel while also absorbing GRD. Of course attacking gives you some actual meter as well. The game also comes with simple input and some breathing room to make some unique combos.

This match is a great example of why this game is so fun. The newest version comes out in english tomorrow but I had no problem playing the JP version.
hooktube.com/watch?v=_w176wv2TDg

Koihime Enbu is a simple fighter but heavily rewards good reading and fundamentals. Due to the way block stun is in this game, the combat is very back and fourth with both players essentially taking their turn to attack each other. That alone makes it feel much different from other fighters you can't stay in someone's face for that long. It also shares something similar with SFV which is its own version of crush counter. When an enemy is sent into a crumble state, the game turns into a combo video as you play ping pong with the enemy's body. Outside of that, combos are usually 2-4 hits (not counting multi hit attacks) at most. The game also has a great soundtrack.

hooktube.com/watch?v=dKuvUdBdrvU

Thanks, I talked to a friend about what fighting game I should buy and I mentioned that Third Strike was coming to PC in May and he said that was the best SF.

Honestly. You don't even need to wait for that. It's perfectly playable on Fightcade and will most likely have a better netcode. Fightcade's netcode is one of the best you can find for fighters. Not only that but it's easy to save replays and is constantly active. You can find the fightcade romset inside the fighting game general. Now you can play with your friend easily without giving Capcom a dime who will most likely provide a worse netcode than fightcade.

Another cool game similar to SF3 is Garou: Mark of the Wolves which has just as good sprite art and great mechanics to back it up. Though it does have less characters.

hooktube.com/watch?v=YN6aQfYs1HU

sure why not (though not as important)
of course, the more balance in characters the better
WHY NOT BOTH
previously mentioned
yes

So what's the verdict

DBFZ, I'd say.

play basically any anime game and also darkstalkers
on an unrelated note, unist just came out and is still really good

vf5 already emulates pretty well, so now it's just a matter of rpcs3 getting netplay

Killer Instinct is dog shit awful.