Shadow of War continues to rape LotR lore

Where were you when Shadow of War added female Nazgul in the story?

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/s/8653099/1/Azruphel
glyphweb.com/arda/u/urukhai.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Isnt Lotr supposed to be in a public domain anyway? Or am i getting goy'd again

Doesn't matter, Tolkien has rolled so many times in his own grave there's a singularity inside his coffin instead of a corpse

Pretty sure Tolkien's son or grandson has sold the rights in the last 5 or so years.

smart move

His son resigned sometime mid last year as director of the estate. Pretty sure after all the legal shit with Warner he had enough as a 90 something year old man. LotR Pachinko when?

Tolkien sold the rights to The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit back in the late 1960s or early 1970s. I believe while he lived he had a veto on scripts. He also specifically said he never wanted it in the hands of Disney.

His son owned the rights to everything published after he died, but those are out of his hands now and are likely to be sold off in due course.

Any work published in Tolkien's lifetime will be public domain in 2044 (in the UK). Anything published by his son won't be public domain until 70 years after his son's death. His son is still alive, although 93, so 2088 at the very earliest.

What's the damage these kikes have done so far?

How much more? Morgoth is some misunderstood fallen angel?

i heard some rumors that christopher tolkien (previous owner of the estate and son of J.R.R.) was under alot of pressure from outside forces to give up control of his estate, probably because he would never have approved of the bullshit that's starting to be pushed as lore in LotR. whole thing reeks of the theft of walt disney's company by the jews. he even had a problem with some of the liberties taken by the peter jackson lotr movies, and those didn't have a single nigger.

doublepost, but morgoth's original intention wasn't so evil, it was the way he went about it that was more evil. his actual intention wasn't that much different from iluvatar.

I know at least that Simon didn't approve of how Christopher handles matters. Being a barrister, me's probably a fucking weasel.

(trips checked)
Add this to the list of shit the Video Game made up, like Shelob having a human form.

Eowyn.

They did exist, but only as bad guys :^)

Shit series anyway

no, the easterlings etc weren't niggers, at BEST they could be considered akin to arabs but again, tolkien specifically stated that they were of the same race as the rest of men and only became corrupted in their deeds and beliefs, so again, no niggers were there.

Post spider

There was a nigger in the films actually. An extra during Helm's Deep, a quick shot fixed on his face of fear as the battle begins.

Eowyn is different. Rohan is based strongly on the Norse and they had Shieldmaidens. Then there is the prophecy that no man can kill the Ringwraith king (forget his name because I'm tired). Then its only because of Merry and his enchanted blade from the Barrow-downs that enables Eowyn to actually win. She was getting pummeled until Merry leapt to him and stabbed him in the back of the knee, buckling him down and allowing Eowyn to stab his ghostly face.

I thought they Southrons were black?

no, the southron are the haradrim and they were culturally similar to arabs, but tolkien said their race was that of men and only became corrupted through their worship and belief.

i used to be unkillable then i took a hobbit's blade to the knee

you need to go back carlos.

You need to learn what a joke is and what a Carlos joke is.

The absolute best part is that it's now officially a part of the world!

The Tolkien estate selling the rights to the beloved franchise was a boon. Finally this masterpiece can be modernized for the real world.

Just you fucking wait for black elves.

Eowyn was at Pelennor Fields because of the manipulations of Wormtongue. You know his line in the movies about "walls of your bower closing in around you" and such? In the books Gandalf said that line, as an example of what he now realized the enemy's agents had been whispering in her ear. The fact that she defeated the Witch-King was a piece of irony, with the enemy's works against a fairly minor player in the overall plan turning out to be the undoing of one of his most important servants. It wasn't a feminist statement.

The Men in service of Sauron were described as "swarthy". I think a few were "sallow" as well.

Those are orcs.
At least they were.

Thankfully none of this can be considered canon, not even by flighty youths.

Sort of. Orcs were mockeries of the Elves.

I'm talking about proper negroes as the proper Elves. Idris Elba as Elrond type of nightmares.

It could be done right, but I guarantee it'll be WE WUZ

What a load of fucking shite.
Eowyn is my waifu tho.

No it can't.

No, it absolutely cannot. Anyway, how can it be "done right" but not be WE WUZ ELVES N SHEEIT?

I think he was talking about orcs
You see, if they really wanted (((diversity))) in the movies, i wouldn't be opposed to casting nigger actors as orcs.

NO
JUST STOP

This is so much worse than the characters.

Weren't the Nazgul the nine kings corrupted by the rings and not just some nobodies?

That is correct. Kings. Not queens.

Wasn't Frodo in danger of turning into a Nazgul because of the blade that stabbed him, or was that just made up by the movie? Seems like all I can remember from the book is that it was basically really bad poison.

So slutty pseudo-undead repressed arab bitches in curve revealing sex robes, screeching at men nearby and using a banshee scream?

So, they're like Muslims.

No. A servant to them most likely. The Ringwraiths are the nine Kings of Men.

Yes yes, that's who they were but the question of whether or not a Nazgul was only something that arose from those nine men uniquely one time or some other thing that could be created is still there. Clearly what made them Nazgul was the corruption and influence of Sauron, but was Sauron able to do that to anybody he wanted or was he only able to make it happen because of their rings?

The Nazgul is just another name for Ringwraiths, a synonym. In order to be a Nazgul, you have to be a wraith AND you have to own/be controlled by a Ring of Power. Otherwise, you are just a wraith.

Nazgul were unique.
The could only become that way by being corrupted by a ring of power.
Didn't even had to be kings, the only requirement was to have one of the rings.
So a female Nazgul out of fucking nowhere makes no sense whatsoever.

The Rings did that to them. Sauron controlled the One ring and owned them. Frodo could not become a Ringwraith, he would have simply become servant/thrall to Sauron.

The rights themselves are held by the Tolkien estate. Various rights have been sold off over the years (like the animated movie rights, and the rights for Peter Jackson's trilogy) but they are always held by the Tolkien estate itself, which Christopher was head of until last year. Since then, he's indicated that the estate will be selling off rights more frequently and he's doesn't like it but he's washed his hands of the affair.

The fact that this board uses Carlos at all and not Ultros is proof that this board is full of faggots who don't belong here.

Did you have to wipe your wife's boyrfriend's cum from your fingers before you typed that?

I enjoyed the original as badly written fan-fic but all that was dashed by that fucking joke of a final boss-fight. It had this interesting nemesis system tied to shitty bamham combat that could have been interesting but the game ended with a QTE out of nowhere. Shit game in the end, haven't even touched the sequel, or thought about it, but human-shelob gives me flashbacks to the game over from Banjo Kazooie and the wank I had over hot Grunty.

The rings themselves (nine for men, nine ringwraiths) are what made them the Nazghul, since each of the rings, including the nine for mortal men, contained power directly from Sauron himself, making them his servants. There's something in the appendix about why the elves are able to resist this, something to do with Celebrimbor although that could be Shadow of War fucking with my memory and over-writing it with shit fanfic.
Now I'm thinking I never should have played the game at all.
Fuck.

Ultros wouldn't have worked either. His forte is puns and wordplay, not referential humor.

elves are able to resist this

After they relized that the rings were controlled by Saurons One Ring, they tok them off and didn't use them until he was defeated.

I meant in the general sense, where anytime someone would use Carlos it should be Ultros, not in the way that used him which makes no fucking sense even in context.

But they did put them back on after the battle even though Isildur failed to destroy the One Ring. Was that explained? Or was it that Sauron was simply too weak to do fuck all but mope about in spirit form for a while.

Someone should get their panties all in a twist and start a hashtag campaign pointing out the lore inaccuracies.

Or at best it tanks when people see the glaring lore issues in the whole series.

Pray tell if you aren't shitposting

Without the One ring, Sauron couldn't do anything. Elrond, Galadriel and Gandalf had the three Rings. They dared not use them until they knew for sure that the One ring was away from Sauron.

Goblins (aka Orcs) were made by torturing elves for like 1000 years. So again, no niggers.

Was it ever established that Nazguls can only be male?

It was established that they were 9 kings.
i don't remember hearing about the 7 kings and 2 queens.

Then It is liberal grrrl pwrr propanda.
It was already going into the garbage, so the outcome isn't any different.

Nah, it's fanfic:
fanfiction.net/s/8653099/1/Azruphel

Don't compare orcs to niggers. Orcs get shit done, orcs are competent. The only thing they have in common with niggers is that they enjoy eating human flesh.

What are Uruks then?

Uruks are capable of fighting in an organized manner. How are they like niggers?

Muslims.
Come on dude, one of them even suicide-bombs helms-deep.

But she didn't defeat the Witch-King, the hobbit did, and even he only managed it because he had the right magical sword that, used against a Nazgul, would render them vulnerable. All the stupid cunt did was land a lucky strike after the Witch-King had been made killable.

iirc shitskins did exist, but only in some far south region, and only to be seen as mercanrys during the battle of Gondor.

There are already mudshits. They came with those big elephants.

That's a racist fat-shaming term.
They're called "Paquiderms of Peace", thank you very much.

No, god no.

Just simply no.

Akbar uruk was painted up in tribal warpaint.

Legolas ponders "they run as if the very whips of their masters were behind them" Those masters probably being some (((goblin))) officers who compelled them to fight in some form of organized manner.

I will check my privilege. The pikes the Uruks wield will henceforth be called Sticks of Friendship.

The uruk-hai in particular are mongrels bred between orcs and men.

Think of them as the american blacks.

But orcs/goblins are the inferiors of uruks.

They are capable and well-trained because they are led by Saruman the (((White))).

Without the leadership, they are just taller and stronger orcs.

Point is that both orcs and uruks can get shit done, unlike niggers, that always fail regardless of circumstances.

Meh, even niggers get thing done under leadership and support. See Rhodesia.

No. The Uruk-hai were competent. Normal orcs (not even gonna mention the goblins) are just cannon fodder. Their individual fighting prowess, resilience and finesse is fucking nothing. The only way they can win is by an overwhelming numbers advantage.

theyre hot, id fug them

Uruk-hai aren't competent, they are just strong.

Which makes the comparison more apt considering how american niggers are bred stronger and taller than the native variety due to their beast of burden status.

Thing is, Uruk-hai remain competent and loyal even when their Masta is not present. Case in point: when they ambushed the Fellowship after Rivendell. They don't need constant surveillance and guidance.

Well, saruman was guiding them from afar (literally from his wizard casting spell), and they got a chief uruk in the field as well.

Sauron had less power over the Elves' rings because he wasn't directly involved in their creation like he was for the Men's and Dwarves' rings. The elves' and Gandalf could use their rings but they didn't want to reveal their locations. But if Sauron got his One Ring back, he could still corrupt and sense them.

Man, those were some genuinely bad movies. You could read the book quicker than watch all the (((3))) movies, but still they had to leave out good stuff and replace it with CGI dwarves, gay elves and Legolas' mother.

i've still only seen the first hobbit movie because i don't wanna see the book get butchered.

Actual middle-earth fans don't give a shit about this, most of Tolkien work is waaaaayyyy too highbrow to ever be actually defiled, all you will get "well yeah it's a video game, it's normal that it is shit".
The Hobbit is a children book. The Lord of the Rings, is a "simple adventure story" about the 'leftovers" of the fantastic in the dawn of the age of men.

Tolkien lore is a gigantic monolithic monument, anything anyone tries to add to it is just fan-fiction tier garbage and immediately ID as such by fans, so nothing is expected from it.

YAAAASSS QUEEEN SLAAAAYY

It was only a matter of time, really. And let's be honest, without the movies nobody would give a shit about LOTR. You think even a fraction of the movie going audience read the books? You think they are capable of understanding the language used? I don't.

i, and i'm sure many others aswell, read the books before the movies came out. i loved the books and thought the movies were good also, but if the movies never came out i'd still love lotr and i doubt i'm the only one.

makes it better. its just a non-canon spinoff, i dunno why you have to get so butthurt about it being made better than the sausage fest lotr normally is

Ruining Lord of the Rings has to be a kike's wet dream. It's the best piece of modern folklore for western civilization and to the adherence of righteous morals and principles for the White man. God this shit pisses me off.

Wow… Even LOTRO didn't go *that* far from the lore… And they invented entire plots just from single passages of the book, purely 'creative license' for game content.

So it's safe to assume that whatever Lotr program series that is supposedly coming out sometime is going to be worse than this shit?

LOTR was already an incredible successful franchise long before the jackson movies.

Who really gives a shit? Just read the books. You'd have to be fucking retarded to have thought for one second they'd get it "right". Might as well get upset at Assassin's Creed for not being historically accurate.

It's coming from Amazon with a female director IIRC. It's going to be more pozzed than San Francisco during a gay parade.

Among old folks and goddamn hippies, yes.

But not nearly as muc has the movies made it afterwards.
Before you had your "Nerds" who read and roleplayed LotR stuff, after the movies it was mainstream ready and developed into a massive cashcow,
The booksalles after the movies where higher then those before, and yet I guarantee you most didn't manahe it past the first one, because it was too much to read, it wasn't easily digestigable.

Now you have the oild fans who care about lore and the new ones who couldn't give less of a shit and just take whatever is given to them in the easiest way.
And one of those fan groups is dying out. Guess which one.

Why are you assuming that everyone who liked the movies is instantly going to buy the games?

They did it. They managed to ruin the greates idea ever making your own orc clan and ruined it with a shitty protagonist and absurd stupid lore raping

There is nothing safe.

And I guess if I do something about grecoroman orcs enslaving inferior races will both make me hated by leftists calling me racists and the right because I'm a 'cuck'.

Frodo has a ring though, he totally could have become a ringwraith, hobbit physiology allowing, if all the blade does is corrupt him. Pretty sure its just poison though.

You could say female ringwraiths are realistic, because if you give real women rings they turn into shrieking harpies who drain you of your life force and money

>turn into

the blade would turn him into a wraith, not necessarily a ringwraith since they're specifically the nine, but a wraith in service to Sauron

it's one of the most sold book series in the world retard

A good Orc game never ever…

Is a shame GWS ignores the most interesting faction of 40k to focus in marines and, sometimes, chaos.

Yes, it's a real tragedy the IG doesn't get more time to shine.

underrated post

His son was safeguarding it, but he recently stepped down and his children, Tolkiens grandchildren don't give a fuck about their grandpas legacy and just want those sweet greenbacks.

expansion was weak but i still play the main game from time to time

Wasn't there some kike-blood in his grandkids or do i remember wrong?

Nigga I hope you're joking

You'd think that even if they just care about money they would want to protect their cash cow. But then it is the current year where everything loved is being brutally raped and murdered, see also Star Wars. Also
Do not disrespect the sexy anime girls.

Holla Forums is utterly illiterate when it comes to Tolkien's legendarium. They complain about lore-rape but then think orcs and/or uruks are supposed to be niggers and have no clue why they're inherently evil.

Shadow of War was revolting lore-rape, but Holla Forums likes to complain about it solely for political reasons, not because they actually care about the integrity of the legendarium. I bet there are three people in this thread, max, who have even read The Silmarillion - much less his letters or Lost/Unfinished Tales.

The tip of the knife broke off in the wound and was working its way to his heart where it would have made him a lesser wraith under the command of the nazgul and probably would have tormented the shit out of.

Nigger who gives a flying fuck how many people have read high fantasy works here? This is a video games board.

I find the fact they're from a chinese empire to be hilarious.

Remember the chinese empire in lotr?

Elaborating on the orc/uruk thing so your showing off how much you know about the lore when you actually don't doesn't further embarrass you: uruk is just black speech for orc. It's as interchangeable as goblins. I repeat
there is no difference between an 'orc' and an 'uruk'
Only when the suffix 'hai' (folk) is placed after is there a distinction, as this denotes that they are part of the breed which are spliced with men.

You're wrong. "Orcs" are the descendants of elves captured by Morgoth and tormented, before Oromë found them. The etymology of "uruk" isn't great because of the conflict between its black speech translation and how it actually gets used in the trilogy, but unless you're actually speaking black speech it can be assumed that you're referring specifically to recent (TA) warrior breeds of orcs, as opposed to Snagae, orcs from specific locations, or older breeds of orcs.

So you literally only watched the movies? That explains it.

I thought those were the Easterlings.

Hahahaha, they couldn't fuck off with this shit.

Fuck off you loreraping faggot.

If you wants to refer to them as one of the newer breeds, you say uruk-hai. Just because it's a common misconception to fail to differentiate properly and call them 'uruks' doesn't make it right. Orcs and uruks are the same shit, as I said before. What you are saying is entirely speculation on your part, very unbecoming of a self-professed lore buff.
tl;dr you're talking out of your ass
The last time I read LoTR was over 12 years ago, and I probably won't be reading it again for a long time.

glyphweb.com/arda/u/urukhai.php

Did you see the third movie? Literally last dozen or so pages of the book, stretched out for almost three hours. Half the thing was just one incredibly long battle – literally just eye candy, all in CGI.

Yes I already said what the translation for uruk-hai is. The word took on a new meaning, and people shorten it to just 'uruk' because they're too lazy to say the full thing. What's your point?

Now argue about the difference of Orcs and Goblins, we need more autism in this thread.

Glad to see that fat kiwifag got pushed by Warner Kike suits to rush production and half the cost by using shitty CGI.

I already stated that orcs are goblins in a previous post, now just to wait for tomorrow and see the (You)s come flooding in

You have really bad reading comprehension, don't you?
If we were speaking black speech right now, you might have a point. But we're not, and you don't, and now you're going from "you're speculating and talking out your ass" to "y-you're not using the full term".

What happened to "there is no difference between an 'orc' and an 'uruk'"? Are you going to delete now so you can hide the fact that you can't maintain a coherent position across three posts?

Goblins are nothing but a subspecies or breed of orcs. Physically different enough to warrant a different name - sort of like Uruks :^)

The age of men is over.

Which is just shorthand for "fuck man that takes too long to say just call 'em uruks". Lad, you seem to be a bit dense, this is the third time I've said this.
There isn't. I use the terms interchangeably

Personally, I found Isildur being a ringwraith to be a much bigger offence.
I guess that's what I should expect after the hobbit movies

Just pretend it doesn't exist. Those will be forgotten in few years anyway.

Nice
Didn't they openly admit this is just fanfiction and should NOT be considered canon during the first game anyways?

It being fanfiction makes it somehow exempt from criticism? You have fanfiction authors, or in the case of vidya, mod authors, that hold reverence for the source material and go to great pains to keep things within the scope of the original author's intent, and then you have leftists smearing their shit covered hands over everything like the immature toddlers they are.

I would say Holla Forums crossposter or redditor trying to be edgy since every 4 post there is a ebin joke about niggers
but since most Holla Forums is redditor or Holla Forums crossposter I would say semantically you are right

reading is for nerds

tips fedora

We are not worthy being in the presence of a qualified Tolkienarian. Please impart your canon only specific related stories of the Universe that this man imagined.

Then why are you on an imageboard?

We need to get a doctorate to discuss the subject obviously. I mean, it takes a true intellectual to figure out muh strong womyn and niggers weren't part of the Tolkien's vision of Middle Earth.

Creative director of the game admitted that "Shelob is the biggest unsung hero in the stories because if she didn't impede Frodo's journey to Mordor he wouldn't have realized he got duped by Gollum and that he needed Sam" bullshit excuse while his headcanon of Shelob, a fucking spider had "her" and Sauron be lovers, and that she's secretly plotting his demise for millennia to her, a fucking spider's awesomeness, ignore Celebrimbor turning heel, Isildur and Helm Hammerhand being ringwraiths, a nigger Gondorian, Galadriel being bastardized, two fucking female ringwraith chink twins from the East. This game is fanfiction to the brim.

For the images, obviously.

But Isildur isn't a ringwraith when the game ends, he's just a regular ole dead man. The nigger isn't a Gondorian either, he's an immigrant from niggerland. I'm also angry about the ringwraith chinks, though. But hey, the voice that asks for "Baggins, Shire" in the films sounds a lot like a girl so I don't know whatever the fuck.

But still have Sauron make him into a ringwraith doesn't set off your bullshit meter?
Which is under Sauron's influence
Yeah, angry enough to justify that the Ringwraith who asked that question is a woman. Fucking shills these days

No mental gymnastics can warp "Nine KINGS of Men". The Fate series didn't exist back then (hurr durr "king" Arthur), they weren't into genderbending the word "king" when Tolkien wrote his book.

Sounds like my wife.

Pleas don't try to justify this bullshit, thank you.

Tolkien himself sold the MOVE RIGHTS back when he was alive, dirty cheap comparing to what is it worth now by the way, it was a time where he had little money. Eventually some Hollywood jew bought it and made the films. Now there`s a difference between making media based on the movies and media based on the books, War of The Ring is based on the book for exemple, copyright goes to Tolkien Jr. Bftme is based on the movies, copyright goesto jews.

Now that it matters, after The Hobbit movies, Christopher resigned the Tolkien Estate, the organization that manages book related media, this means an opening to more games and other media based on the book since he was very strict when it came to use his father`s work.

The real shame is that BfME is better than War of the Ring.

You got either shills defending the abysmal "Orc n Loot" bullshit, microtransactions, or the retarded fanfic writing.

Ralph Bakshi's movies never do get enough credit, and the BBC radio plays are kinda good.

Orcs and even goblins actually have functioning societies. While they are crude, they are capable of being self-sufficient. Orcs have proven too they are able to run highly efficient industries. Makes sense since Orcs partially represent the industrial revolution and industrial warfare. So again… orcs, goblins, and uruk-hai are vastly superior to niggers in every way.

>Saruman the (((White))).
That's just too fucking funny.

Actually Saruman the White became Saruman of Many Colours when he made a deal with Sauron.

You can say he became Saruman the 56%.

you're so funny, have you considered standup? i think you could be the next Michael Richards

How much more would lore be raped if LOTR was given to Bioware to rpg?

He said fucking "jojo pose". Don't be dense

Don't promote his density

But he also said Sauron in the same post. What is shown is not Sauron.

I heard one of the orc bosses in the games survives being cut in half and comes back as a cyborg like it's 40K.

If only George Lucas was this smart.

Funny thing is that Walt Disney said never to allow Jews to control the company.

Because he was making a shitty joke, why would you expect him to actually put in the slightest effort?

I think Shadow of War is fun but the stupid elf bitch was the most obnoxious motherfucker in the whole game, she constantly berates you, never suffers, saves you multiple times, and then betrays and leaves you for dead right at the very end. Essentially, she was feminism in action, it's no surprise that this DLC is full of more of that garbage. It is nice to see all the people in the comment sections calling the devs out on how much they fucking despise this cunt, though, even the plebs who care about the story are butthurt.

It gets even better. At the end of the DLC, they hint on a third game meaning elf bitch is going to be the new protagonist. But that remains to be seen before we see the nigger's DLC expansion.

Female Nazguls aside, where exactly is China located in Middle Earth?

To the east. Do you not know where China is on a map, user?

Does a female warrior still kill her or does the "no man can kill them" thing not apply to her?

No such thing exists, or at least Tolkien never specified it. We only know there is 2 cultures that came from the North/South East that are a mix of middle eastern, persian and mongolian culture

The "no man can kill them" thing only applied to the head of the Nazgul.

Stupid scene. That's obviously not what 'man' means in this situation.

Its how it goes in the book, other than Merry's blade has less magnificence in the films. In the books its a blade from the Barrow-downs, a burial site for kings of men of old. So old they may be related to the Nine men with the Nine rings who became Nazgul. The blade is magical and ties to them.

Plus Eowyn didn't just show up and beat him. She got her ass handed to her and only Merry, finally plucking up courage to fight, stabbed him in the knee from behind allowed her to fight back. A Hobbit and a woman killed that which no man could kill.

Isn't it just a Macbeth reference anyway?