Collector - Buyfag Thread

We're into February now anons, the fuck have you been doing since the last thread? Have you been eyeing anything in particular this month?

What're you

Finally got a 1084S monitor for use with my Amiga/C64, all I need now is a proper desk and it's up and running alongside a floppy drive for the 64.

Does the SEGA CD have a SD solution yet like the Saturn/Dreamcast?

Other urls found in this thread:

bigmessowires.com/floppy-emu/
volafile.org/r/f8vk0tec
volafile.org/r/HF33Go
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I bought a prototype for a game on an obscure as fuck handheld anyone who never walked into an eb games during 03/04 will recognize.

How easy would a PC-98 be to maintain, obtain, and use? Asking as a burger, btw.

Nothing atm, poorfag with no room to store shit.
A C64 anyways.
Nothing, I binned my shite USB controller.
Nothing atm, but I've had the itch to upgrade/redo my case lately. Kinda want to try a retro styled case with modern insides, maybe find an old broken something or rather. Anyone got any thoughts? I miss Turbo buttons. I'm thinking of gutting something like an IBM Aptiva or anything OP posted, putting in custom mounts for the mb, etc.

NOTHING OF VALUE WAS LOST
Fuck M$. I was thinking something kinda almost similar to embed.

looking to use those sweet tax returns for a budget build computer. But gosh, bitcoin miners are the bigguy of my existence.

Friendly reminder that the guy who did is from reddit. Take that as you will.

name of the game in the 2nd picture

N-gage shit and a few turbo games. got a 5th of the library for peanuts, and some kind of rare thai N-gage that's all white and opaque. Had to replace it though because the buttons just do not work and it looks like it's been through hell.
Getting someone to do a 3.5' screen mod on my turbo express, the original screen is utter garbage even recapped.

I need to get a N-Gage at one point for the shits and giggles of it.

Always worth getting.

That thread always makes me laugh. What the fuck was he thinking. Especially with the PC specs he came out with for it.

I want to believe this is false, but.

Good luck. seems most of the offerings are from shithole countries that received them as unsold usa stock.

t. underage retard regurgitating jewtube media

I just cleaned up this old Tandy 1000 EX I've had for a few years. Got it while I was cleaning out a dentists office as a teenager but only checked if it worked - which it does! It's not perfectly clean but it is a lot better. Still has a strong beige look to it and if you don't appreciate beige computer hardware you objectively have shit taste.

It's in good shape otherwise, the surface looked like someone had spilled coke on half of it. I also got something really, really awesome in. I'm planning on getting a jamma kit, building a table top cabinet and installing one of my PVMs in it. I think it'll be incredible.

Just be aware that it may not have an ATX/mATX form factor that you can easily use. Be prepared to drill.

What's the best way to hunt for big boxed pc games?

yard sales if you don't want to deal with ebay

oh, also puzzle/book sections in thrift stores.

Need motivation, Holla Forums. I've played games on the Commodore, loads of fun.

I don't know how solid C64 floppy drive emulation is, but there is this board for the Mac Plus. A handful of old computer nerds I know bought them and swear by them.
bigmessowires.com/floppy-emu/
Also for C64, you should be able to download "tapes" and play them in to the sound-in.

Explains why they're common as fuck in Bongland.

I'd like to see some faggot cram all new parts into a PET since it's spacy as fuck and easy to get into. Then again the chassis alone is a bitch to obtain.

Learn to make your own game, and build upon that. C64 is fun as fuck to mess about on. Failing that, SD readers and shit for the C64 alongside multiple fullsets of shit.

Not really, far as i can tell it's just Thailand, which produced the fucking shit in the first place, so it's not surprising that they have that shit, canada, the US and Europe/Slavland.

It's not terribly hard to get a US game from Canada/US either, people sell the carts in lots for, like, 20 bucks, maybe 30 if it's some of the more… well i was going to say quality, but better games like bomberman and crash, and bidding in auctions is actually pretty viable, since there's virtually no demand for this shit, you can often get shit for the starting bid easy.

Maybe some RAM and a drive controller card for a 486 tower I picked up at a yardsale last year. I have it all watched on ebay, but I don't feel like biting the bullet and getting any of it, just in case something important comes up. I've done nothing with most of the computers I'd resurrected in 2017, including my first computer, restored to better condition than it had ever been in before. The annoying shame is that it is an AMD K6-2 running at 300MHz. My first game system was an Atari 2600, when they were still new.
An Amiga 500 or better if I can find one for less than $infinity. I had an A500, complete with printer, monitor, a shitload of disks, two extra disk drives, a mouse, and a few joysticks. I found it on the side of the road back in like 2001 when I was driving someone home, and missed their street. My asshole relatives threw it out when they claimed they were helping me move, and were loading the moving truck I rented, while I was at work.
Nothing at the moment? I have to get that explode-a-riffic capacitor out of my Xbox before I start using the system in earnest, and there's a niggling annoyance with my Atari XEGS fucking off in BASIC mode, but those are super-low-priority.
Atari 7800. Installing an s-video mod board, but removing the RF unit is not going to happen until I get better de-soldering equipment. de-soldering braid and my iron from college aren't doing shit. I really don't want to drop $350 on that amazing desoldering gun all of the classic computerfags on youtube got with their patreonbux, but de-soldering dead RAM chips in about three minutes instead of forty minutes is attractive.

I'm trying to think of stuff to make for a classic Internet style site, but after making 40 icons for Windows 3, I'm out of inspiration.

a solder sucker is really worth it. They unfortunately only really get good around the 200 dollar range but you'll never do through-hole soldering the same and provided you are making frequent use for it, it'll pay for itself.

otherwise you can get a hot-air rework but these are not as effective especially for things like RF boxes on old systems which tend to be joined in with an abundant amount of solder that a hot air rework station won't really do the trick.

500s generally go for about £50-60, 100 if you want boxed and shit. Disk drives and shit though? Fucking hell they're about 100 or so when I look.

The problem becomes "do I spend $300 and fix that 7800, then let it collect dust, or not spend any money and let it collect dust".

Five times that, minimum, outside of Europe, friend.

I think my problem is that I'm just desperate to do anything to keep myself distracted for as long as possible, so I keep buying shit to work on, forgetting that a lot of it requires far more work than it is worth.

I know this feeling all too fucking well. I still have a PET to fix finally, but the furthest I've gotten is testing it for power and taking the board out.

My area still is quite dry when it comes to vidya, but I just bought this CED player today and cracked it open. The belt that ran the ejector mechanism was liquified, so I cleaned as much as I could and grabbed the smallest rubber band I had. The tension couldn't be more perfect. I also had to re-seat the power button since the person that worked on it last completely neglected to do so, putting a crease on the plastic inside. It plays movies better than my other one, and only cost $5 and an empty afternoon.
The thing is so huge though, I had to shuffle my entertainment system around to hold it.

I recommend hunting down some proper belts on ebay or something, as rubber bands fucking suck for doing the work of belts. Learned this the sticky way back in the nineties.
Tangentially related, my LD player developed an annoying issue wherein it will not stay ejected. Press eject, out comes the tray, in goes the tray. It has to be held in place by hand to keep it open long enough to insert, flip, or remove a disc. Annoying, but it plays fine. No information online for sorting it, and silicone grease did nothing, not that lubrication has anything to do with tripping the return cycle. Hell, it took me half a decade to find a remote for it.

Bump.

But why?

Because it's fun_
I'll be honest though, these things are first up if I have to sell off various pieces of my entertainment center. They'll probably be the hardest sell too.

I'm looking for VIC20 these days. I loved mine a little kid. Moved to 286 after it and etc. as years went on but that Vic20 always has a place in my heart. Not being strong enough yet to put the cartiridges in and out and having my Dad do it is a comfy memory for me.
Not sure how to do a monitor/display for it. I don't have a CRT right now or much space for one. I'm still thinking on it.

nothing yet
considering GTX 980 ti. upgrading from a 750
nothing big, cleared out a shitload of dust and redid thermal paste
will probably fit some custom LEDs

>Because it's ____
I know what you mean, i'm trying to get a Mini Disc collection going, since it's a very nice portable music player. The actual discs are all stupidly expensive since they didn't do much of a print run far as i can gather, but I got a bunch of blanks and a NetMD playing. Can't get the software running though, since the software is decrepit, and (((Sony's DRM))) means it's impossible to find a clone.

I am looking for a good wireless mouse. Can anyone reccomend something to me please?
I was looking at the logitech g403 wireless but Im not sure.

Professionally made Mini-discs are just an over-priced novelty if you ask me, since they offer no bonus over CDs, except maybe less physical space. The awesomeness, for me anyway, is being able to cram quite the mix on a small disc and still come out ahead, well; at least in the mid 2000s anyway.
Sony's software tends to run best in Windows XP, I think. You'll want to download an older version of the installer though, current_year Sony software is broken.

I personally want a 980 series card for a "best possible" analog solution when I integrate my CRT with my setup.

Do not purchase

holy shit these threads are dying fast.
Some PS2 games. Thinking of getting Viewtiful Joe, DMC1, DQ8, and maybe something else later down the line. *The thing is I'm autistic over if I should get the greatest hits prints or not.**
nothing at the moment. Maybe an OG Xbox someday but that's it.

Well, there is a heavy emphasis on pirating in general around here, as well as PC as a medium (which doesn't tend to get actual physical releases much these days anyhow). Sometimes these threads will get busy, but specifically due to ">Buying games. >Ever" sorts rather than actual discussion/recommendations. Could also just be the January-February hasn't been that good a month to people. I really haven't found much of note where I live myself, though that suits me well for now as I'm saving for a new system anyhow.

I think I've talked with you about those before. You shouldn't have to spend too much on those, depending on where you live. Saw DMC1 complete for about $5 this past week (DMC3: SE was the same price as well), DQVII was like $12, and I think Viewtiful Joe PS2 goes for like $12 where I am too. Though, that's circumstantial as to where you live.

I've got that myself too. My general policy is to always go for original print since, at least where I live, very rarely will you have to pay any more for them than the GH cost, and beyond that, every game gets a normal print (assuming physical at all, though these days some companies are opting for LE only physicals) while not every game gets a GH style one. That said, some GHs will feature bugfixes, and occasionally a game that is given a special rerelease with extra content in other regions gets relegated to just a standard GH marketed print here, so there are some drawbacks. My shelves at least aren't a clusterfuck though.

Cleaned up and booted my old IBM Thinkpad 755Cs. I think a resistor died behind the LCD as there's now a vertical streak 1px wide on the left side. Good thing it has a VGA port on the back.

I think I'm going to use this to teach myself x86 assembler again. Maybe install Borland C and Scream Tracker 3 and make a small demo…

I got a good gut feeling that a good chunk of the board has been replaced by refugees from cuckchan and reddit, nothing concrete but i'll try and explain and see if see if anyone else gets the same vibe. The thread i was going to post as an example(a cuckchanner shilling a mlp fighting game, farming for replies to see how the board would react) was finally taken down by mark, but here's a more appropriate one.
Take this thread for example
Now the actual thread in itself seems to be started by a cuckchanner making claims that nobody here would agree with in the first place, and defending them with double spaced replies so the thread is mostly people calling him a faggot or outright ignoring them. however is actually a decently composed response as to why the OP is full of shit, only really mentioning the shitshow of a collector market to illustrate why even the hardware purists would prefer a flashcart. On the flip side, is seemingly just parroting the sentiment of the board, using words he lifted from the latter poster(which is only two post up from his.) and, oddly enough, spaces every sentence on a new line, almost as if they meaning to double space, but changed it at the last second. He comes across more as one of the redditors that was cheering on the destruction of that xbox dev kit trying to fit in.

I'd start hunting for parts systems, if possible. Reminds me, I think I may still have an old Thinkpad in a box in the basement with a wrecked screen because some faggot stepped on it.

I'm waiting on some network cables and other hardware to arrive, and I'm eying a pair of tables on Craigslist that would allow me to set up most of my computers, but as my house is a badly-wired shitpile, they'd all be running off of one outlet. Not safe or smart to do. I've been killed TWICE due to the faulty wiring, but being revived is something that becomes easier with practice.

Having had plenty of experience with the people on this board, I'm not convinced. I've seen legitimately the same discussions and arguments for nearly 3 years now, correlating pretty comfortably when most of the original refugees settled in and normalized posting patterns became a thing as 8chans board culture solidified.

It's legitimately just the same people shitposting at each other, having old arguments that are getting boring and one of the easiest thought terminating cliches is to just jump up and scream "cuckchan! reddit!" etc. in an attempt to deflect and evade any real argument. Essentially a few groups are at ends with each other. All threads and posts that appear to be from outsiders always seem to be laden with tells that they're just fucking with the users here. The average user however jumps to conclude they're outsiders instead of just realizing its bait. This gentleman here: is onto the problem in his first spoiler. Thinking its actual rapefugees from anywhere else at this point when the UIDs has essentially stagnated after a decline a few years ago is absurd. Especially when there is no real proof.

anyway onto the thread at hand:
I got Taiko Drum Master for the PS4 recently. The game actually had a US release but there is no variant which comes with the taiko drum. I'm really happy with the music selection by default. Also it gave me an idea how the PSN store works with accounts/games in conflicting regions. Either way my friends and I are having a ton of fun with this. Although one of my friends is a bit of a sperg and shifts the drum around too much so I'm looking to figure out a way to keep it stationary. It's so great to play a good rhythm game with a good peripheral again.

And I thought it was annoying that two walls of my room don't have any outlets (the ones best suited for my computer desk and TV/system stand) was bad. The original owners didn't even put in a standard TV cable for the room (an odd decision for a master bedroom, if you ask me), but that doesn't really matter that much in comparison, since I don't really watch actual TV anyhow.

It could just as well be that shitposting and intentionally acting like an outsider has become more fun for some than actually discussing stuff. It certainly makes for easy (You)'s because people can't stop taking the bait. Either way though, be it regular users acting like idiots or actual undesirable newfags, it drives quality downward further, and when we do get an influx of shitters (doesn't help when 8ch keeps getting namedropped in the news, though cuckchan is obviously still the site that takes the bigger brunt), even if they do somehow have the "lurk moar" mentality, they'll just see that shit and think it's par for the course and amplify.

I will say though that over the years I've certainly noticed an increase in low quality posting/threads, as well as threads that were once frequently made become far less common (and I don't mean recent releases where the bulk of discussion to be had is obviously leading up to and through launch, and then mostly forgotten after a few weeks/months). Also a lot more active signaling against topics that some people don't want discussed, as if hiding the thread (or in outright off-topic cases, reporting) isn't good enough and they have to let others know that a thread on such angers them. It wouldn't surprise me if the way the site used to keep breaking drove a lot of higher quality people off, but that's just my own thoughts. It could just as well be that particular games/series/systems just fell out of demand compared to, say, two or three years back. I don't even bother making threads for what I want to talk about; in all likelihood they'd just rot in the catalog or get sage/dubsbombed.

wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if you're just one of many in this regard.

Rapefugees aren't banned permanently you know
That is why they come in waves.

yeah but no proof is the problem. Most people literally use reddit/cuckchan accusations for meaning "things I don't like" and for broadcasting them as "things you shouldn't like."

I really wish you weren't right

I know I'm right because I'm one of them.

At least your house is likely grounded. Mine isn't, so whenever I connect any device (TV, computer, monitor, and other similar stuff) to another one without gloves on, I get 120V across the heart. If the person who wired my house were still alive, I'd sever his spinal cord and make him into pig food.

I finally got this sick pinball controller.

Working.
Gaymes wise nothing yet this year, it's been slim pickings last year with only 3 possible new-ish games that caught my eye. Hardware, maybe a new monitor or tv but I got other toys and expenses at the moment and most newer games don't interest me much.
A current gen chromebook with android app capability. I'm not sure how long I can fight off the lure of convenience even if it is from google.
Nothing so far.
Nothing, if the price of SSD comes down in my area maybe I will consider picking one up for one of my loonix machine.

Can you upload a vip of that to vola? I want to see if it'll work with the n-gage emulator.

I meant zip, sorry. I really need sleep.

I would, but i've long since lost the address.

Wait, never mind, found it, i'll see if this rip is worth a shit.

To vola?
volafile.org/r/f8vk0tec
or the old one which is occasionally still populated
volafile.org/r/HF33Go

Thanks very much, user!
The worst part is that I actually have an n-gage I bought used but I have no idea how to fucking jailbreak the piece of shit so I can throw in a random goddamn SIM card and get it up and running again.
Fucking old-ass phones, man.

same, but i'm thinking of just emulating

Odd question, but I found some store selling F-Zero GX for $30. However, it's just the case and the disc, with no manual or box art. Would it still be worth it? I know I can just get the box art reprinted.