What things, mechanics, elements from pen and paper rpgs would you like to see in crpgs?

What things, mechanics, elements from pen and paper rpgs would you like to see in crpgs?

I would like to see some games that are not focused on one main storyline/metaplot at all. Instead they would offer more smaller, separate stories/adventures and plots. I don't mean fetch quests and fillers. I think about self-contained adventures/quests/stories of various length available in the game world that could be triggered/gathered/acquired in different ways by the player or party.

I miss this great feeling of traveling and waiting for some event (could be anything from specific encountered situation or typical mercenary job contract to just some dialogue or gossip in the tavern) that usually happens on the road or in the tavern and leads to a new adventure that most of the time is not directly related to anything from the past. Off course some of them could be related and some of them could lead to another ones (you finish something and there is a hook to something new) but it's not necessary at all.

There could be some kind of *smart* system that takes care of the intensity of new hooks and offerings so the player won't be overwhelmed with too much story stuff at the same time. In pen and paper rpg this is usually handled by GM.

The best part for me was just setting back with the other characters in some lounge and shoot the shit in a supernatural way. Vidya conversations can be nice, but it can't really emulate the full feeling of verbal shitposting about the imaginary setting.

Stats/Class/Skills/Feats implemented appropriately.

I want PnP shit to rot and die faster than it is doing right now so that it takes all the cancerous developers like Obsidian with it.

Dungeons & Dragons Online got most of this right. My biggest issues with that game is still 3.5e rules, and Eberon has way too much fucking magic items but I get it, it's fucking Eberon.

Oblivion does that.

inst that how legend of mana is?

Yeah, OP is stupid. M&B is basically a whole game dedicated to this shit.

As a fa/tg/uy, I've been waiting for more vidya RPGs to get better at doing the shit tabletop has been doing since it's creation. Since vidya AI is still shit, I don't think we'll ever have a game that can dynamically adapt in the way that a GM at the table can, but there's no reason that you can't have tons of character options and a world that can actually react to some of them. Bethesda fucking shit the bed in so many ways, but now normalfags just assume that all RPGs are going to be bland sandboxes where nothing you do matters and you can master every single skill and do every questline in one playthrough. Used to matter what race you picked and what skills you leveled, but it just doesn't matter in Skyrim. Used to matter which people you killed and which ones you helped, but they don't want to stop retards from getting the ending they want, so just make it a choice of whatever they want for the last act of the game. Choice and consequences should be fairly obvious things for any RPG to have, but so few of them get that shit right.

Have you tried playing gothic

Question: How does one get into tabletop?

Vidya RPGs and tabletop RPGs are entirely different beasts with different goals and purposes. When one tries to emulate the other, both elements are worse off for it.
If you want to travel around with a party of dudes following up on rumors to investigate dungeons or ruins or whatever, then go play D&D Basic Fantasy RPG. If you just want to kill monsters super hard, level up, and take their shit, then play a video game.

You get a tabletop system and then you play it. Having friends helps.

>>>/tg/
It's kind of exactly as easy as says. You read the rules, you get some friends and some dice, and you play the game, usually for a few hours, maybe once a week or so. Failing that, you play in an online game and use some kind of digital tabletop program to make things go smoother so it's not 100% "theater of the mind" shit

I would like to see absolutely none of them. Pen and paper RPGs are a random, creative experience designed to be enjoyed in the company of friends. They almost universally translate like shit to a single-player game experience, some of the worst being fucking dice rolls just to determine whether something works or not.

Ideally, I'd like to see vidya make the perfect virtual tabletop experience. Maybe even just an action RPG where one player gets to spawn and control monsters against his party of friends, and where you can set skill checks and npc stats on the fly. When you're fucking around with friends, fucking up your roll to seduce the barmaid is hysterical. When you're playing alone, you reload and do it again until you get the outcome you want.

Any video game that truly claims to be an RPG wouldn't allow you to savescum.

I want F.A.T.A.L adapted to CRPGs.

there is, all programmers are retarded and or pajeets while writers only saw a harry potter movie and soy wars.

None. Video games need to evolve past being simply computer adaptations of the miserables antiquated and hopefully dying Advanced Ludo.

You can't.

In general my problem with feats is instead of encouraging and rewarding using stats in different ways, it instead funnels you into a few paths.
It would be nice if a Fighter could take high int to get extra combat maneuvers, but instead its just 'Okay you have high strength? Here's a bunch of feats that support things that rely on high strength.'
And unfortunately due to intrinsic design, a lot of times this can't be fixed. Upping a single thing many times if more powerful than having a variety, so as a Fighter you just want to up your main stats and dump cha, int or wis, and take more things that make you hit more reliably and harder.

Combat Expertise at least has an int requirement (13), it also serves as a prereq for a few more niche fighter skills (improved disarm, feint and trip).

Int at least gives you skills, wis and cha aren't useful for anything class-related other than skill modifiers and saving throws.

I'd really like to stop seeing the Baldur's Gate/PoE combat
It just really pisses me off and can't stand the micromanagement that it wants me to do

Thats just a tribute to the absolute garbage devs, lazy planners, lazy writers and the fact that they will shit out anything as long as its there by deadline. Look at all the cut content on-disk for example.

I would love to see an RPG put some effort into making the "make ur own character" meme into something that changed the story because its the first fucking thing you decide upon.