Remedy

Anyways, let's have a Remedy thread. I'm about to play Quantum Break then both the Max Payne games after that to end on a high note.

also, I should mention the video says its from polygon seeing as they were the ones who got the scoop for some weird reason but it's uploaded to another channel because fuck polygon.

Quantum Break is trash

Alan Wake had good ideas but they certainly failed to execute them.
Still, I enjoyed the game nonetheless and was hoping for a sequel since the story is interesting without being KH tier levels of autistic.

Once you understand that Polygon is just the games journalism branch of Microsoft, every crooked picture seems to straighten itself out.

Remember when Alan Wake was going to be this really innovative immersive sim rather than a console game

How the fuck are they still afloat?

This will never stop hurting, Microsoft ruins everything.

Elaborate.

Also I wish there were more western companies like Remedy and specifically more people in the western industry like Sam Lake he doesn't seem pozzed and the guy always looks like he's having fun no matter what they're doing.

I seriously wish they did more but I suppose it's because they had those exclusivity agreements with Microshaft

But Remedy only made two good games three if you count Death Rally.

Alan Wake was supposed to be open world, like Deadly Premonition. But York and Zach beat it on everything.

Just started Alan Wake for the first time, it is pretty for its age, and for the most part I like the story so far. However, holy shit does this game want you to make sure you know what its influences are. HEY GUYS, WHO LIKE STEPHEN KING? WE DO! TWILIGHT ZONE? US TOO GUYZ! Also, the facial animations…did not age well.

Referencing like crazy is the soul of reddit. It's the moment when americlaps erupt into a mass ovation. But you will soon realize that the real problem of Alan Wake is that it's two hundred square miles of running through woods and barns.

Quantum Break had a lot of big guys, so in some roundabout way they probably got a lot of money for that. No idea how, though. Apparerently they're working on a new game since last year called Codename P7. I can't find much info on it, though, or even a screenshot.

honestly you should just skip Alan Wake and QB. go play Max Payne straight away.

It was originally intended to be more open and less pathed. Here's a bit on the making of.

Payne in the butt!

… After an hour of playing it really doesn’t seem that bad. Using the time powers along with shooting gives it a pretty fast pace.

What are some good mods for Max Payne 1&2?

sometimes you really gotta love how much work modders put into things.

How was the PC version of Alan Wake?

nice trips. Solid, but the keyboard controls don't feel amazing. You can tell they fine tuned the game for a controller, but I was still able to have a decent enough time with it on mouse and keyboard, though you need to turn on direct aiming in the settings.

Max Payne 1 and 2 has a pretty good modding community, they share a lot of stuff around (kung-fu mods in particular).

Alright, I gotta ask. Why do people hate this? I went in expecting dog shit considering how much people dislike this game but it’s genuinely fun. The enemy variety is decent, it can get difficult once the enemies start mixing together, and the gameplay is solid with the time gimmick working well.

Was it because it was an exclusive, was the pc port shit? I don’t get it.

It's not bad, but it is not a game that I will fondly remember years from now like Max Payne 1.

Gotcha, I haven't played Max Payne yet so I don't really have it under the belt to compare, plus I'm a sucker for old Sci Fi channel series and that's what the atmosphere and setting of this one remind me of a lot so I may be looking past some flaws.

All the time powers are trash. Its a quintessential console shooter just without any mechanics.

Well the mod has some pretty neat stuff but I don't understand why it prevents me going into regular bullet time randomly for no real reason.

So why is TimeShift always recommended?
I got that for $5 and felt slightly cheated over how fucking bland the game was. It felt like a PS2 shooter quickly ported over to the 360.

The only game that did Time Powers right was Blinx.
Prove me wrong.

Nobody except you even mentioned it in this thread
What the fuck are you even talking about?

You were talking about time powers, and they're the exact same as Quantum Break's, but with a shittier coat of paint.
I was editing my post and cut that bit out like an idiot.

And?
Nobody except you mentioned timeshift. Are you having a stroke?

Wew

Cue.

who are you quoting?

Why was Alan Wake 2 never made?
I really like the first one

Holy shit this has some weird as fuck controls and nothing is explained at all, kind of a shame since you basically can't pull half the cool stuff whenever you want

Why make a second one? The first game had an excellent ending, which they already ruined with the DLC.

Gameplay was fun, it's the one of the few games that mixes action and weird creepy stuff together.

My personal theory is that nobody appreciated the 90’s tv drama aesthetic the game was aiming for. I think it had a very unique feel. 90s tv drama is not genre appeal like grimy noir or Stephen King. If you make dirt simple shooters that live by their environment design, apathy to the art direction really hurt it on release.

The only games Remedy has ever made were Max Payne and Max Payne 2.
they're all for the cinematic experience nowadays and both Alan Wake and Quantum Break were shit, they're far gone

Quantum break is a CY+3 mediocre piece of shit game with SJW pandering and filled with cutscenes breaking the action, Timeshift is a 2007 mediocre game with no SJW pandering and 30 second minute long cutscenes, if that
Timeshift is a better game

oh I can explain the discrepancy, it's that you have no taste

Thanks.

As I always say, Quantum Break is the epitome of what they originally intended with the original TV TV AND MOVIES TV EXPERIENCE TV SPORTS TELEVISION Xbone pitch.

It's also available on PC, faglord

It's apparently in the works according to some things they said years ago. At the moment they have some unannounced they aren't talking about too much, and they are working on the singleplayer campaign for Crossfire 2 too.
Vid related is probably the best quantum break review there is.

Actually read the post he was replying to

What did he mean by this? Also Timeshift is actually pretty good once it gets going.

Check their moddb page and the game files for a readme.

Timeshift is more wasted potential than truly mediocre sadly, at-least stopping time to shove explosive crossbow bolts in peoples face still manages to be quite fun.

I'm not exactly sure where that readme is on that page, and if you mean the feature list on the description it doesn't have the info I'm looking for
I kinda ended up figuring the special melee is seemingly only something you can do if either you equip the special melee also figured out how to use that at all on the primary slot or your gun in hand has no ammo although that still doesn't really explain how the fuck he does this kick with a loaded shotgun in hand in the webm
The other great mystery of this mod is how it determines whether the shootdodge key will do a regular shootdodge, the flip shootdodge or the bending backwards in place shootdodge

I'm afraid I'm more used to the MP1 kung-fu mod derivatives so unless it's similar to that I can't be a huge help. Normally there's a readme included somewhere or other though.