"Vita Thread"

"LINKING" Edition

WHATCHA:

And most importantly, are you still having fun?

Upcoming games:

handheldplayers.com/upcoming-games/upcoming-ps-vita-games-2018/

Previous Threads:
archive.is/HPyZ0
pastebin.com/KeQyaqhP

First-Time Buyer's FAQ:

pastebin.com/fb6MSKwx

Vita Hacking:

pastebin.com/b4D8uP20

Other urls found in this thread:

store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/STORE-MSF77008-BANDAINAMCOSALEG/1
gematsu.com/2018/02/root-double-crime-days-xtend-edition-ps-vita-launches-march-8-west
archive.is/so3OG
dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/580/1580448/
archive.is/7jBWA
yifan.lu/2017/07/31/henkaku-enso-bootloader-hack-for-vita/
gematsu.com/2018/02/god-wars-definitive-edition-announced-ps4-switch-ps-vita
twitter.com/PQubeGames/status/963790338308689920
github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/commit/0a399ea2c4537c9d8de08f81dd69f4dcae9cc50c
jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/6557/20180301-psplus.html
play-asia.com/info/PSVITASALE2018?ref=Sonyvita2018
archive.is/1ytFM
mobile.twitter.com/theflow0/status/970585179432669185?p=v
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why are vita threads so dead?

Since I saw that .webm of P4 Golden's opening with the Jojo OP music I installed the undub of Golden.

I like to think it is because everyone is playing on their Vitas.

Vita is dead

I want Rider to fart on my bloody and cum covered cock.

A-at least I can play Persona 1 and 2, and VC 2 and 3 right?
Fucking hell why are games capped to 30 FPS on this thing, it looks sleek, why can't it be as fast and strong as it looks?
Why should I have to try and install an overclock program to ensure it even reaches and stays at 30 FPS and in so doing lose battery life (not too important but still)
At least it has rich homebrew and the ergonomics are decent

Discussion of Vita games died the instant Vita hacking became a thing. Despite the name, this is just a Vita hacking tech support thread at this point.

Maybe if the chartfags are still around we could try again with making our own charts? That could stimulate discussion, did for the last few 3DS threads somewhat.

I use my vita for the few games that aren't in other libraries alongside the psp/ps1 since that's the best way to get mileage out of it. It's pretty comfy to use in bed when I don't feel like going to my computer to play games.

That is because most of the people buying new Vitas at this point are only interested in the vita because they're piratefags. Everybody else abandoned the threads because game discussion went to zero and releases themselves have become NISA garbage and shovelware, there's only so many ways to say "Fucking NISA" before it becomes redundant and it was full of retards wanting to hack their Vitas saying the same shit over and over
Because clearly they were going to buy everything they only pirated to "try"
That and a bigger portion of the normie friendly Vita library is coming to PC, frequently in uncensored and superior form, so the people actively playing it for anything other than obscure tiddie games is shrinking.
Before Japfag comes in, this is an English centric community, the three or four people here that speak Nip are not the majority, discussion is generally focused on translated games

The remake of the charts has been attempted for at least a year.
What happens is nobody can really agree on a standard format and discussion dies down over a few days before it is replaced with the same
garbage because pirates are literally dumber than the average ten year old.

I just started SRW Z3.1, which is a bit of a let down after Z2.2. Now I have to wait sixty maps to get back Char Anzable and his signature mech, the Turn A gundam.

The superior, I can understand, but I keep seeing people say uncensored, too. Can you give some examples of Japanese games that are censored on the Vita, but not on PC, and NOT through the use of mods?

Off the top of my head Trails in the Sky was censored on both the PSP and Vita release and is not censored on PC.
If you're talking about the original Japanese releases then it wouldn't make sense to call them "censored" as they are the original product Barring remakes/ports from other platforms in most cases but in general you could bring up VNs in general being edited for all ages console versions, specifically off the top off my head, the Grisaia games
As for the "no mods" caveat there are many localized Vita games that must be uncensored through mods but mods only work on 3.60 so in that case the PC version is superior because it allows modding without locking you to a FW.
That would be considered an aspect of PC superiority.

Oh, I thought you meant that there were games that were made for the Vita, had censorship in their western Vita versions, then got a PC port with no censorship or fans removed censorship from the PC version. From what you're saying, the uncensored thing applies only to games that were originally PC games and got ported, like TiTS or Fate/Stay Night. Seems odd not to just get the original PC version, in that case.

Then Criminal Girls would fit your criteria. It was brought to Vita, as a terrible release by NISA, and was then decensored on Vita but, again mods only work on 3.60.
The PC release was not decensored by NISA because they're shit but modders on PC did remove the censorship that was added.

So basically, I was right. There's no western PC port that's uncensored while the western Vita version stayed censored even when taking mods into account. I knew the uncensored thing sounded strange. As that's such an insanely weak argument, I would stick to playing up the PC's better performance. That would be reason enough for 99% of Holla Forums.

You're apparently choosing to neglect that modding on the Vita is currently only possible on one OFW (3.60) that is over a year old and can't play newer After 2016 games.
The PC platform is superior because you get better performance and uncensored releases without giving up the ability to play newer games.
A large portion of Holla Forums only became interested in the Vita after piracy became possible so I doubt they care much about performance so much as free and convenient.

How many games are you going to find that are native to the Vita though? A lot of the Vita's library is ports and remakes to begin with and modding is tedious on it

Most of the pirates will move on soon once that new vita emulator starts playing commercial games.

I am curious. What other vita games still have people playing multiplayer?

Import time I guess.

store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/STORE-MSF77008-BANDAINAMCOSALEG/1

Animu sale

When Hackers Memory goes on sale one day I'll probably get it, overall this isn't that great of a sale, there's a lot of other games they could have added to it.

Is that what they call it now? Back in the day they used to call it DOCKING
Faggots need to get out seriously

I went back to PSP games like Persona 1 and Growlanser which is just brilliant except for the asinine way you level in the game. You at some point reach an EXP cap if you grind so you need special items that lower your level to 1 again while keeping your stats from the higher level so you can level up like a maniac and be a Lv10 with Lv50 stats.

Better to just get a clear save from GameFAQs and working from there so you have the best equipment and items already, since you'll need a certain Knack to catch this one jerk that starts halfway down the map and if he reaches the bottom it's instant game over.
If Growlanser didn't have crap like that it'd be as close to perfect as we can find in a JRPG seriously. The story is like Suikoden meets Legend of the Galactic Heroes meets Lovecraft in pure unfiltered 80's-90's anime.

i find that hard to believe.

Are any of the SAO games worth picking up in the sale?

Could be useful to someone. I have physical copies of everything I would have wanted aside from GE:R, which I got for a fiver from the last sale.

Probably only if you're already acquainted with, and don't hate, the series. Or if you have a ton of time on your hands for grinding.

show off your collection user

I don't know if it's in that sale, but Hollow Realization is the only SAO game that isn't complete garbage that sells solely on the SAO name. The catch: half of the game's content is locked behind 3 layers of DLC, and the Vita version is plagued with performance issues and is digital only. If you're just looking to try out one of the SAO games, it's best to wait a month for the western release of Fatal Bullet and pirate that.

There's a couple in the mail, but unless several noteworthy games come out that I can afford this is probably close to my complete collection.

This isn't the case. Specifically, Compile Heart released the first two Genkai Toki games entirely uncensored for PC, whereas they have more-than-familiar cuts & edits for their native Vita versions:

- Monster Monpiece has a host of card images cut to "avoid a higher rating". The images are restored on the PC version.

- Moe Chronicles received no western release, again due to censorship fears. People picked up their copies via Play-Asia. The game received a Steam release as of last year iirc.

This is also false. Vita runs a lion's share of original dungeon crawlers, beatemups, non-moba indieshit, visual novels of both the otome and bishoujo varieties, puzzlers, racers, and other titles. It's cool to generalize here and there but try to keep some actual perspective in mind on the amount of games the system has.

Good damn question. I'd be doubly curious if I could find a lobby for Monster Monpiece or somesuch.

DLC City, population you. Though I won't lie I still want Asterisk War. JSPN is also having a sale, 75% - 80% off a lot of Vita titles, including the PSP incarnations of God Eater.

Trend hoping from Vita piracy by and large. I haven't contributed myself because I've been either working or putting more PS4 time in on various grindy titles. This will change in the future for pic related reasons.

4 Goddesses Online and Crolieux Sigma

Nabbing backlog titles: Castle Panzers & Seven Pirates, Song of Memories (JPN & ENG), Steins;Gate (guess I'll try it), Utawarerumono duolgy, Odin Sphere

My holy grail finally arrived. I haven't 100% DT2 just yet—stray scenes to hunt down here and there. But soon.

>fun?
More than I possibly deserve, right now.

user the discussion was on censorship, its kinda hard to censor puzzlers, racers, indieshit, beatemups, and most dungeon crawlers just because of how those games generally work
VNs also aren't games and NISA and Aksys gets a shit ton of the titles on the Vita to ruin as they please as well

What censorship did Moe Chronicle receive? I was under the impression the only English release was the Asian-English release and that didn't have cut content.

Well actually, the Western release of Dungeon Travelers 2 had four I believe CGs edited.
In general anything NISA localizes gets censored in one way or another and they did release a decent amount of the Vita's dungeon crawler library..
I think there is probably a market for Dungeon Travels on PC however, as far as I know, there is no effort to bring any of the series to PC, although I'd buy it if it wasn't a pump and dump release like the majority of Vita to PC ports.

dragon crown its going to have a new wave of players after the ps4 release.

Reposting this although I don't know how true it is. Never watched or played anything SAO except H stuff.

At the moment I'm playing Neptunia when I have time, and prefer to post about that in the Nep thread. Beyond that I'm the hackanon and there hasn't been much to speak of except for ReNpDrm, and thefl0w teasing about needing a 3.65/3.67 devkit. Which, yeah.

There's also that the chart we have is manageable if you just want a picture of what's out there. It could have loose grading to say which games are good and which are maybe only interesting to a few people but that's about all. I don't want a curated list.

That'll take time to develop, and it won't be portable. I'm sticking to my real system.

Yeah it's 4 CGs altered. Can't speak for the translation either.

Again, CH didn't release it in the west because of the rating scare from the ESRB. They've since altered their policies to be all or nothing—it gets released uncut or they don't release it at all, hence titles like MeiQ and Mary Skelter making it across. Moe Chronicles was released under this new policy on Steam, where games are not subject to mandatory ratings a la ESRB.

No, actually it's not. Companies will either have coders on hand to take content out of a game, script editors to cut context and dialogue, or outright request the home developers do the work. We've seen this time and again and not just with NISA. It's a simple matter to censor.

Gotta say I'm hesitant to get the game again. I enjoy my Vita/PS3 versions, but dunno if I can justify a double-dip. Vanillaware is surprisingly uninteresting to me in long bursts. Beautiful artwork and DC is easily their most refined combat system (hadn't played Odin Sphere just yet). With I knew what it was about their games that makes my attention just wander off & never return.

I can for the most part. The script is in one piece, not all that cut up.

I'm under the impression the Vita/PS3 versions will be able to play with the PS4 versions no problem. There was even a compatibility patch released awhile ago for both platforms to this effect IIRC, so you shouldn't need to double-dip, just play your original copy with the pay-for-multiplayer suckers.

Fuck.
Neat. No biggie.
My Vita's back in action with emulation. Still want a new Vita, so I can play new shit. Still haven't been able to play Yomawari. When are Rabi Ribi and Umihara Kawase++ coming out?

It's already out user.

They justified selling Grisaia and many other VNs to everybody twice by claiming the noncensored version was a "different game" it's really just an hour or so of swapped content for a large majority of releases and because they were porting the Vita release to PC it wasn't REALLY censorship.
They went over their timeline by at least a year. They had to Kickstart other projects under the threat of "not being able to finish Grisaia" due to not being able to budget.
They are also obviously intentionally delaying "uncensored" releases by several months to get dumbfucks to buy the game twice. and at all
Seeing as they continue to do so it has obviously been profitable for them.
I remember when they were crying about never wanting to get into the VN business in the first place and how they were happy to be done after the "next release" but that was nearly two years ago and they're still fucking here

He also won't be able to play it unless he gets a second Vita.

Vita version is PQube at least in the Euro region.

Stop spoilering so much, you're gonna give me a headache

Seems ReNpDrm doesn't fix copying from PS3->Vita, which matters because apparently it's a trick to make some PSP games work on Vita. The ones I picked up recently (Akiba's Trip Plus, Metal Slug Anthology) just show a nice error message instead when downloaded from the system, and can't be copied over from the PS3.

No you Sony, meet Adrenaline.

Which Harvest Moon should I play? I haven't touched any of them in years and don't even remember which one I played.

Nah, I want the physical release. I've been waiting for a while.
I just want the game. I'm not a regular customer. The game itself is fine on the Vita, isn't it?

I got Back To Nature(PS1) back when it went on sale for a buck. I'm not into the series, but it seemed fine.

Tell me about:

Sword Art Online: Lost Song
Natural Doctrine
Drive Girls
Exist Archive
and I don't see it on there but Mind Zero and Tokyo Tattoo Girls are on my list also

Considering getting those because I've played fucking everything else on this dead-ass system and a store near me has them.

Worth it? Any good? Just finished Demon Gaze II and really enjoyed it

A pretty decent tactics RPG that got some bad reviews when it first released because reviewers playing it thought it was too difficult. The voice acting is god awful and it was localized by NISA so beware of that. If you can play the Japanese version I would recommend that.

I doubt they were referring to balancing issues so this just proves what we've suspected and had glimpses of for years. Game reviewers are casuals and probably overgrind anything they can.
Remember when that "reviewer" couldn't get past the tutorial in Cuphead and the next week there was another flurry of articles about how games need an "Easy" mode so people can "experience the story" and need to stop "fetishizing" skill?

Those better be preowned user.

Their complaints were that you couldn't spam magic since you used a material that had to be collected by finishing misions, the battle system was too complex, and you couldn't save mid-mission (you get checkpoints you can reload if you get far enough in the mission though). They can criticize a lot about the game, but to call it unplayable due to its difficulty just showed they didn't want to learn the system.

It already has Japanese voices as an option. It might have Japanese subtitles as well.

Just play Valkyrie Profile.
Low production value, solid gameplay. Get it if you like SRPG mechanics a lot.

About Sekai Project:
gematsu.com/2018/02/root-double-crime-days-xtend-edition-ps-vita-launches-march-8-west
read the comments

If so, that's a neat prospect as I do have a few buddies I'd run with.

Buy the Euro or Japanese-published version.

Can't keep a bad jew down, user. Just be sure not to give them shekels.

Rune Factory.

Problem isn't the game. Problem is you'd be giving money to a publisher in this region that actively harms the visual novel industry on a wide and brutal scale. Buy from Europe or Japan if you must buy. Pirate on PC, otherwise.

Archive dat shit, user.
archive.is/so3OG

Not only that but they're not even good at what they translate and test. Two VNs they released recently had multiple bugs and translation errors. When confronted, they were whining about how hard it was. For one, it's a VN and most don't even have gameplay. Second, it's your job holy shit whining to people how hard it is to do something you made a kickstarter for? It's not even coming out of the company's pocket. Hell, why do they even need kickstarters even more? They shouldn't unless they're just greedy or that bad with money. I'm assuming both.

There is no European-published version, and there isn't going to be one. I don't want the Japanese version, and as far as I know, there isn't a physical version of that, either.

Sword Art Online: Lost Song
Kinda simple you-can-fly sorta-ARPG with waifus. The SAO games might as well be their own subgenre by now; passable ARPG style gameplay with waifus set in the SAO world. Derivative but not the worst thing on the planet.
Natural Doctrine
A tough SRPG that, in some cases, plays more like a puzzle game than an RPG. You can hedge the RNG a little by doing things in the order the game set us for you on most maps, but not completely.
Drive Girls
Another passable game; think Senrans or Valkyrie Drive but more tedious, more punishing, and potentially lots more grinding. I got this one for like 30 maplebucks, don't spend more than 20 burgers on it.
Exist Archive
Hyped to be the next Valkyrie Profile, fell far short. Just really repetitive and shallow, despite a character or two having interesting visual designs.
Mind Zero
Don't have and not really interested, but heard it's a mediocre DRPG that tries so hard to be persona it hurts. If I ever saw it for 10 bucks I'd pick it up, no more than that.
Tokyo Tattoo Girls
This is a management game, the art is fake-selling you a game that doesn't exist. Spend any amount of time looking up what the gameplay is like and you wouldn't want to even waste your time on it. Tarksgauntlet has a really good review that helped me write it off for good. Just do yourself a favor and skip it.

post the best RPGs on the Vita or PSP

Tactics Ogre

I'm going to have to disagree. The flight was okay, but the combat was a complete mess with no fluidity, and I've seen rocks less stiff than Lost Song's animations. I know the Vita is capable of fast, smooth combat, movement, and clothing animations because PSO2 is on it. The sword skill connect system felt like complete ass, and magic was nigh useless. These complaints all apply to Accel World Vs SAO, too, as it's pretty much a copypaste of Lost Song. Thankfully, Hollow Realization and Fatal Bullet weren't made by the same devs, which explains why those turned out to be games that would have been good if only they hadn't been SAO games.

Anyone knows if retroarch supports vita to vita multi? I want to play some Kirby or bomberman.

Sorry Hoss, I tend to use them as parenthesis because they make my sentences look less like a ten year old with ADHD wrote them. I'll start finishing ideas and breaking them up better just for you.

They're so bad with money they have to Kickstart other games to finish earlier projects.
Not sure why they're paying themselves so much they're constantly on the verge of bankruptcy from salaries and whatever tiny overhead they have, sounds like they don't know how to run a business at all and realistically probably never will have to learn because people keep fucking giving them money along with the
Except they're apparently so retarded their contracts only cover NA region even though they took Kickstarter money from a WW audience.
Chances it was intentional are around 99%. Nobody is that stupid.

There is no Japanese version currently. It's not a Japanese game.

The developer is Crespirit according to the Steam page, if you look that up it leads to a JP dev's website.
I believe it was also published by PQube in EU.
So if you were inclined to do so you could at least marginally hurt Sekai Project as I'm guessing PQube use SP's translation and split royalties.

i bought a ps4 and now i never touch my vita.
did you know there's some people that dont buy the vita because they have this perception that the vita is "merely a PS4 accessory"? i seriously know someone who said that.
funny since it does basically nothing with the ps4. none of the games are cross buy. i have 7 megabyte per second wifi and that's still considered too slow to play even singleplayer games with remote link.

CreSpirit are Taiwanese developers, so those are chinkrunes you're seeing.

Most of the indie titles are crossbuy, Bamco titles in general allow crossplatform saving, etc.
The main problem with the Vita in the West is that it gets very few of the total games released for the Vita and the bigger titles get brought West as PS4 "exclusives".

Fuck me, why does every Eastern country that exists have to use Chinese characters?
That aside, it appears they are "from" several different countries.
Are they located to Taiwan because it's cheaper or what?
That also doesn't stop you from importing an English copy from the EU and giving PQube what is most likely a portion of SP's shekels.
Everybody dies pennies at a time.

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/580/1580448/

It's on its way there, if it's not there already.. Have patience.

>

You anons excited for NISA butchering localizing these games?

What the fugg even are those?

The first is some Captilism Ho! rpg, while the second is apparently the Jap's adaptation of some of cthulhu and other "deep ones".

First one seems like a game tailored for that elusive korean/jewish target audience audience :^)

I've been out of the loop for ages, would it be safe to assume that Dungeon Travelers 2-2 just isn't coming over at this point?

What are the Chances of Net High & Occultic 9 being translated?

About as good as Robotics;Notes getting translated.

No announcements as of yet. Atlus hasn't moved on much anything that isn't Persona-related or that Re:Fantasy project.

Also, NISA just managed to piss off every Vita owner ever, folks.

archive.is/7jBWA

I can't hold all these keks

The second is by the guy who did that Bayo knock off game about Eoch. El Shaddai?

I have a lot of physical games for my regular vita since big stores put them on clearance. I got Gravity Rush for $3 along with other games.

I do because nothing beats physical and would buy a lot more if sony let me install adrenaline on a legit vita.

Are you dumb?

Wait, hold up, the fuck are these? What can I do with this?

If your vita has henkaku it lets you use SD-cards instead of sony's proprietary ones at the expense of the game slot.

Interesting article and Enso had its source code released too for those who are into that. Disheartening though that they have no interest in beyond 3.60. The system is for Vita games first and foremost. Hacking is simply a means to an end.

yifan.lu/2017/07/31/henkaku-enso-bootloader-hack-for-vita/

For some reason it only just occurred to me that those things look like flash cards.

It's part of maintaining the idea that they did it "for the challenge" instead of them doing it for what they thought would be attention, since they've already cracked it before there is no additional cred, even though there wasn't much in the first place, from doing it again.
The homebrew for the Vita is, outside of very specific bits (mobile non-shit PS1/PSP emulation, Amiga emu, nonretarded storage, etc), pathetic, immature, and done significantly better on the 3DS, the original PSP, or even a fucking cell phone.
Sony obviously doesn't give a shit seeing as there hasn't been any major feature updates for years and only fixes for exploits.
The only people who care about the Vita now generally cared about the Vita before it was jailbroken and either bought a second console to take advantage of 3.60 benefits, expanded storage, avoiding NISA translations, etc while buying games or just updated anyway.
Everybody else is only interested in pirating as much as possible so they can look like cool kids to their group of retards.
They are flash cards. They're essentially modified microSD-to-SD adapters that use a custom driver.

For some reason the maidump of SRW Z3.2 is not detecting the clear files for the maidump of Z3.1 and the vpk of Z3.1.5. Anybody know of anything similar to this?

From his article it looks like an exploit that uses enso is possible up to 3.65, assuming someone cares enough to find a new kernel exploit and bootloader.

gematsu.com/2018/02/god-wars-definitive-edition-announced-ps4-switch-ps-vita

Too bad NISA will probably be touching it.

twitter.com/PQubeGames/status/963790338308689920

What's the japanese title of Penny Punching princcess?
I'm certain enough to tell you to screencap this Post that NISA will make the game about ebil capitalists and based proletariat

Thanks!

Is Gundam Breaker 3's online dead? I'm getting Break Edition soon.

opinion of the remake?

I really haven't heard anything from anyone who's played it.

Japanese user reviews for both versions say it's absolute trash. Especially the graphics and music

Seems to have a lot of bugs/crashes too.

Flash Sale.. only 3 vita games.
Metal Slug 3 is 3.75$ and is only shown in the ps4 section but the description says it also gives you the ps3/psv version.

Anyone know where I can get nice themes for my Vita?
Seems like half the sites that show up on search engines to get them from are either shit or don't work, I kinda wanna browse and see what's available but I suppose I'm leaning towards a neptunia theme if I had to have something in mind I guess

Reminds me of when I used to see people spamming about that game in /jrpgg/ on cuck/vg/. Must have been like five or six years ago now.

The theme manager homebrew can list/download them but there's not many Neptunia ones on there. It's also possible to make your own without too much difficulty, that's what I did for Hestia and Vert/Green Heart.

Maybe just try PSN too assuming there's nice free ones.

I found one that's… adequate for now. Making your own theme looks pretty painful from the vague skimming but I guess I'll take your word for it, I don't care too much about customizability but I did want a little something to make my Vita my own y'know, how long would making your own theme take, just curious?
I can't really use PSN, I'm on a preowned vita and I forgot to format it before i did a bunch of hacking so I'm stuck with some dude's old PSN account linked to it, didn't feel like installing all the hacks again either

A question more for the thread but does anyone know if there are any differences between the US and EU PSP versions of Persona 1?
Also what are the best native Vita JRPGs, are there any that are superior or at least equal to any other ports that might exist for their games?

Kill yourself

The config file is XML, and is fairly self-describing for the most part, just download an existing theme and work from that template. Certain bits are poorly documented though, in particular there is a limit to how big images can be so you'll usually have to make them indexed PNG with dither. Choosing suitable images and altering them to work well as wallpaper is often the hardest part. I normally go with single girl pictures with plenty of empty space to stick bubbles on. Simple stuff.

At the very least it's helpful to know how to edit themes since some of them replace the default Vita music with something terrible.

Just finished One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3, it's ok, but man do they really gloss over shit near the end.

Super Robot Wars X when the asian english version comes out, maybe Windjammers, but nothing else.

The Tachyon Project and Dungeon Explorer 2.

A combined force of Yuzo Koshiro, the composer for Metroid Other M, and a bunch of Touhou shitters came together to shit on the original soundtrack. I am beyond mad for that reason and that reason alone.

Yeah this is where I see myself encountering problems, there's like a dozen images for the backgrounds alone; I'm also pretty mediocre at finding nice art, even more so for something that would look nice as a theme.
so basically just reduce the filesize, res and quality of them till they work?
The biggest problem I have with the current theme I have would be the music, I had to turn the system music off because of how bad (as system music) it was.
Is there any way I can test what I change on it before trying it on my actual Vita?
Just making sure, I can edit the actual XML file in notepad, right?

Even so you should be able to put something you're reasonably happy with.

Resolution requirements are fixed at 960x512 for wallpapers, and 960x544 for lock screen. Previews are 320x181 for bubbles/lockscreen, and 226x128 for the icon. Other graphics like icons and the notification bubble have their own sizes. As far as I know you cannot use JPEG and PNG is a lossless format so all you can do is use higher compression (may scrape by but images with lots of colours compress badly even at low resolutions) or reduce the number of colours in an image by converting it to indexed, and setting an appropriate dither. You can use GIMP for this, or any decent picture editor. Generally PNG works best for simple images like vectors, those also work best as wallpapers.

Comment out or remove that line from the config. Yeah some theme makers don't have a clue, like the Junko one I used at first.

There's theme editors, but I've never used one. I don't know the exact limits but try to keep most images under 300KB, there's probably a total size limit too. Thankfully if part of a theme doesn't work it'll just revert to default.

Yeah. Plaintext all the way.

you can just use the original OST if you don't like the new one.

pngquant

There's also that but most users don't like CLI tools. Plus if you're editing out backgrounds you need an image editor, and Photoshop is generally overkill.

There are no differences as far as I'm aware for Persona 1.

The best.

Post more giant Vitan

I just ordered it myself. I'll upload a lossless version when it arrives.

I don't like the sound of that at all but Yuzo Koshiro is still god tier when it comes to vidya music. Etrian Odyssey, 7th Dragon, Ys, and Actraiser all being good examples.

I'm sure he's better in other games, but he did this one no favors, vid related is one of the ones he worked on.

Hmmm.

Well, that's a first, now how about some dating sim, I've been dying to play Ciel Nosurge

I want to believe.

You better believe it. Nonpdrm also got updated to support 3.67.

If this wasn't such good news I would be buttmad I just bought gundam genesis for ps4 since I can't play it on my vita. Then found out the hard way you can't remote play.

I'd be pissed for paying extra to get a Vita with 3.60 but I got a 16 GB mem card with it for free so I can't really be
This really would be fantastic for all those people with vitas acting as nothing more than paperweights right now, I remember most people saying that the newest versions wouldn't get hacked for at least another 7 years, goddamn

Get sd2vita and toss that 16GB mem card.

Why?
Doesn't it replace the game slot? If I got it for free I might as well use it, plus I'd pay like 20$ more for the adapter and a half decent SD card with nice storage

Yeah but it's way cheaper than the proprietary memory cards. 16GB isn't enough, imo. And with the sd card you won't really need physical anymore anyway.

Oh boy
github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/commit/0a399ea2c4537c9d8de08f81dd69f4dcae9cc50c

I'll keep waiting.

That was hyperbole pushed by the people who created Henkaku, they weren't interested in going past 3.60 and they were the major exploit releasers so the seven year figure was essentially saying

He was earlier asking for a 3.65/3.67 Vita devkit, that's probably why it happened. I suspect then that it's also to try poking around for new exploits in the later systems, since they fixed the major one.

At the moment, don't be, but what said.

From the Henkaku writeup that was released along with it becoming open source Yifan mentioned that they apparently did not patch the secondary exploit and just patched the entrypoint.
It's possible another entrypoint was found and tested on a devkit since, from what I understand, they can reflash their firmware far more easily if they brick than a consumer model.

3.67 kernel exploit reported by the_flow or whatever his name is written as.

So we'll be seeing this in a year or so, can't wait.

rumor has it the more donations he gets the sooner the release is

There's no reason not to release it. He's just waiting for his balls to be polished.

There actually is. If he releases it now, there's a good chance a bunch of people will end up with bricked consoles. This needs to be thoroughly tested - which is something that needs a lot of time and the dude said he's too busy.

That would be a valid reason for almost anybody else.
TheFlow has a track record of releasing shit and immediately needing to release bugfixes because apparently testing is for faggots.
A better, unlikely reason would be to wait for EoL and release then but considering Sony recently updated the PS3 OFW it's likely they'd patch shit anyway.

That only confirms what I said.

Hopefully they get the HENkaku team on board because Enso went smoothly. I am very interested how pervasive the exploit is too, hopefully it's on the level of ARM9loaderhax.

In any case I'm not so desperate for later firmwares that I'll jump into installing it, but it'll be nice to extend the library a bit.

It only went smoothly because they did a public beta run that bricked a couple vitas. I'm assuming there will be private and public test runs this time around as well.

Yeah but the beta was vastly limited in scope compared to a public release which will be used by every Tom Dick and Harry, and it was understood to need testing by those who applied. That makes all the difference.

Hey Vitabros
Is Conception 2 worth a purchase?
Any of you know if the PC port is decent?

It is strange how the scene for the vita have people who have this kind of worshiping mentality with anyone that works on it. I never really saw this in the 3ds scene for example.

There's a demo of Conception II, if you're interested. I'd say it's worth it for 15 bucks or less. The game is very easy with poor dungeons(like Persona 4), but the slice of life aspects are alright. It's campy as fuck, too, if that's your thing.

The Vita scene is 5x smaller than the 3DS scene I think, maybe more

Vita is somewhat hard to work on and has low interest so devs can get away with it.

Did you think persona 3-5 focused too much on dungeons and you just want to do social links
Thats your answer
Personally It would be forgettable in all aspects if i didn't find it so funny that i beat the game using autobattle

people used to worship smea way before 9.2, cfw, and piracy became the norm
especially when it was just the homebrew chanel and ninjhax

I'm just curious because of the harem ending and impregnation innuendo thanks, I'll give the demo a try.

Any anons here who have had the original model of the vita and a newer one? I was wondering if there is any version that can be considered as the best.

can anyone confirm how useful those L2 R2 trigger grips for the Vita are?
Do they work well for emulation?

unfortunately I can't really compare them side by side, I have the OLED model and the screen is beautiful. I never had a problem with its weight, space, nor its battery life which are the main advantages for a slim.
A slim might also be cheaper depending on where you buy it and the accessories are usually cheaper as well.

The main differences between the 1000 and 2000 are the screen, the charger port, the battery, and the onboard memory.
The 1000 has an OLED screen which is generally brighter and sharper than the 2000 but the 2000 screen isn't exactly muddied shit.
The 1000 has a Sony specific charging port, the 2000 has a micro-usb port
The battery in the 2000 supposedly lasts longer than the 1000 but I suspect that is mostly due to the screen change over anything else.
The 2000 also has a small amount of onboard memory accessible to the user that is around 1.5gb in size. It's decent enough if all you play is cart games with no updates otherwise you'll still need a memory card.
The 1000 also has this onboard memory but it's restricted to system usage It can be accessed through JBing and modification because its original usage was storage of any future system updates that might be larger than usual.
Other than that if you get a 3G 1000 model at 3.60 or below you can replace the inactive 3g module with an SD adapter and skip Sony's memory cards entirely.
If you have the 1000 OR 2000 model you can replace the gamecard slot with an SD adapter but a lot of people actually play game carts which is why I think the 1000 model is slightly better due to the screen and better SD expansion options.

so does the 3g model actually allow use of the 3gmodem sd card replacement above firmware 3.60?

nevermind no you can't so I won't be getting a second vita then

I just ordered a vita slim and am wondering what the best way to play games is. I want phyical games but if I get physical and am using a microsd card as the cartridge via sd2vita how can I play them? Must I dump them and then play them on the console? Is there perhaps another microsd card mod for the slim that allows for use of the cart slot?

Not for the slim but there is for the 3G 1000 series models
You'll either need to dump them or set up PKGi/NoNpDRM and download them as digital games or disable the SD2Vita and use a Vita memory card when you play physical games.

How I dumped cartridges with my SD2Vita is to temporarily disable the plugin so it uses the built-in storage, run the game to generate the fake license, and then copy the cartridge contents onto the PC (or rather the SD card inserted into the PC) through VitaShell. Now I have a PSVSD though so it's unnecessary. Honestly the easiest would be to grab them through pkgi.

It is a mess to juggle cartridges and SD2Vita. Personally I just dump the things to my SD card. It's got 200GB and saves the hassle of taking cartridges with me too.

Yeah all storage redirection requires HENkaku. Thankfully there's new hacks in the works.

To add to this. The OLED makes a huge difference in my view. The only downside to them is the black "stains" on very dark scenes as it ages. Thankfully it hasn't happened to my 3G one but the other two I have have it bad.

Wait for a sale, it's hardly worth $10.

I'm really disappointed they got rid of the OLED screen with the hardware revision.
Sony could have sold themselves as a "premium" handheld experience between home consoles and over Nintendo handhelds.
Instead they cut back everywhere and stopped really advertising it as its own device and sold it as a PS4 addon.
They had a good device with the PSP that they just stopped supporting then they tried to release a second handheld, after abandoning the first one, with retarded changes and killed what could have been a real mainstream competitor to the Nintendo handheld line instead of being relegated to Japan and weebs

Dengeki scans for Metal Max Xeno and Super Robot Wars X

The LCD screen of the Slim model is better, for indoors use imo, with the lowered brightness at minimum compared to the OLED one.

I also like the Slim model due of the charger port which shares the same with my phone, so I only have to take one charger for both devices.

What an utter embarrassment of a handheld.

What's the point of this thing's existence when nine tenths of its library is shared with PS4 and PC?

The PS4 is a jew machine that lives off on ports from other systems, including the Vita, thus making it a mediocre machine if you're an idort and I msaying it as someone who owns a PS4 and would have already sold it if not for EDF5

And PC isnt portable, and the ports come from localizers, which i'd rather cut my hands than ever giving my money to any of them.

Why would you want to play a multiplat on the Vita? It runs at half the resolution (and sometimes frame rate) and the Vita's buttons and analog sticks are fucking shit.

Just get a Switch then. It does the whole "home console experience on the go" thing a hell of a lot better than the Vita can. Bayonetta and the Dark Souls trilogy alone btfo the entire Vita library.

Some multiplats are just ports of Vita games and perform fine on the Vita.
That's a bit less important, given the form factor.

Zelguard is the best OG mecha in a while. Damn that thing is styling.

Portable is a pretty damn strong argument man. Better question: What possesses you to come into a Vita thread to pimp the Switch? A system with very few games, more expensive, bulkier, and nonsensical hybrid setup (not as gutless as the PSTV but still).

Because games work fine on it unless you count late Koei Tecmo/Gust stuff since Yoru no Nai Kuni 1 & Atelier Sophie (which were pretty meh anyway)

I dont know why you would complain about resolution on a portable device.

Which doesnt have anywhere of a decent library in comparison due of being fairly recent (1 year old) and no retro-compatibility of any form.

Meanwhile, I still get a large Vita library alongside with PSP/PS1 stuff. The latter could have been better if Sony and the respective publishers allowed a few missing titles on the japanese PSN however, such as Silent Hill, Crash Bandicoot, Valkyrie Profile, Densha de Go Portable, Boku no Natsuyasumi 1 and Space Invaders Extreme.

Japanese PSN is highway robbery in normal times but you get a greater choice of jap titles without localization bullshit and better deals/sales in general. There is a current sale for 5pb visual novels and Nippon Ichi Software titles

Spoken like someone who doesnt know what he's talking about

Why the fuck would i want a jap localization of crash bandicoot anyhow, fuck that.

I didnt imply that I wanted a japanese version of Crash Bandicoot, but considering the lack of being able to change accounts freely on the Vita, I would have hoped at least some western games being available on the jap account I mainly use. Like how you can find Rayman 1 on the nippon PSN, even though the game itself has english text only.

also
top wew m8

though mind you, on the other hand, 5pb can fuck off with the remake of yu-no and pushing exclusive first-print DLCs on vita releases

What does "exclusive first-print DLC" mean?

and NIS can fuck off for Disgaea being the most autistic of shit combined with being directly responsible for NISA

You buy a game at launch and get a day one dlc code.

Probably what it sounds like: Additional stuff that's only on first print run of a game. Think like Sonic Generations having the cheaper Super Sonic transform for people who bought it early.

Basically DLC codes that are only given to first-print copies, and that are time-limited. Once expired, you cannot use them even if you bought the game brand new

New Game! and Is the Order a Rabbit? originally have DLC costumes set, which was trivial imo. But then, the YuNo remake had the original PC98/Saturn version locked behind the first-print DLC code, and same for Konosuba with an arcade mini-game.

Basically a shitty practise, which I hope to bypass with later revisions of the Vita hack

MMX is gonna be amazing. Just look at that cutie!
I also want to tank up some mecha-rhino

NIS is garbage, user. Sorry to break it to you.

Even without NISA attached to them NIS is just as trash by themselves. They haven't developed or published a worthwhile game since the sixth gen.

Those are at least decent and worth a try.

Nippon Ichi Software is holding on better than, say, Spike Chunsoft (since the fusion).

How is a strategy RPG having lots of depth bad? I can understand the NISA part but that doesn't make Disgaea a bad game.

I hope niggers cuck them by fucking their loved ones right in front of them. That is going to far.

Disgaea is a bad game by design, user. It’s time to stop sucking the tit of that overrated franchise and get some taste.

It doesn't have depth, just a lot of grinding. There's no actual strategy by design, just raising your numbers to beat their numbers.

This, it's pure unrefined autism, a complete rabbit hole of power leveling that even spergs like Ulillillia have trouble handling.

You can at least explain why it's bad.

If you have to grind 24/7 to do anything then you clearly didn't play the game right. The games give you so many tools to customize your team and take down your enemies. I was beating levels with underleveled characters, without ever replaying a stage to grind, and still had to crank up the difficulty because I wasn't feeling challenged enough.

Meanwhile people who refuse to learn the systems say you have to grind to beat any challenge despite the games giving you tools to completely break it. Like giving a character with high movement, who can clone himself 4 times, the ability to inflict sleep, poison, shrink, and paralysis at the same time with normal attacks. And then using maids to make them go again to give AIDS to half of the enemies on the map.

I exchanged my old graphics card for a vita today. I was thinking of logging onto my friend's psn profile on there, since he actually has a couple of games for it, and I can't be fucked buying shit since my psn account is registered on a different country with a different currency. Is there any reason not to do this?

Also, if you had to choose between both hotline miami games and Dynasty warriors next, everybody golf, lego batman 3 and wipeout, what would you choose?

I'd personally go with Dynasty Warriors Next, or the HLM games myself but that's my own personal tastes speaking

You're talking about Zeroken, right? That's the same game with the one girl who can control a large aoe's worth of enemy males and the other girl who can fill the map with prinnies and the other girl who can raise an undead army or the guy who can raise an undead army or the guy who can increase the dispatch limit or the girl who can follow up your every attack with an endless range or the girl who can let everyone do all this crazy shit twice.

I can't understand how someone can like srpgs and not like Disgaea games (besides NISA and horse wiener, of course). They let you do so much cool shit and the end game can keep you occupied for hours on end depending on how you play it. Grinding is allowed and promoted, but, especially with 5, you're able to get so much out of the game by playing naturally.

If you can get Dynasty warriors 8 empires, get that instead. Next is shit.

You're right and they've probably played it wrong. There's a shit ton of systems to help you out in not grinding early game besides maybe going to an item world once or twice, especially in new ones. The only case you're wrong is the Baal and other post-game bosses. You aren't beating Baal without tons of grinding, especially the stronger Baal. For that guy it's 9999 reincarnated with best stats available and best items if the strong one. He is post-game content, though, so I guess it's fair enough the game wants you to earn it. I never did

Majorita is a girl though?

Just a reminder that Everybody's Golf Vita online shut down on December 2017

That's 2 different people. The game has Valvatorez has dlc (unless you bought the switch version).

Also, Baal exists for those autists who really, really want to see those 99million stats being put to use (or at least have a reason to get that high in the first place). I'm glad he and other bosses like him exists. RPG's used to have 1 or 2 bosses that served similar goals, but I'm not sure if they still do.

Personally, i could never play the game long enough to even bother with most of that shit, bought a copy of one them used, like a decade ago, and all the memes and NERD CULTHURR jokes were getting on my fucking nerves so much that i gave up after, like chapter 3 or so.

This. I dropped it immediately when I saw some QTEs and got some instakill move that let me not only capture a base, but make it so the enemy magically couldn't take it back.

The magic potions were crazy broken in D5. There's a level where every enemy has 1 HP but there are like 50 of them right in front of your face. You can use the 9-tails overload skill to OHKO every single enemy with an 80% chance of hitting. This works even better with the dark knight class because of their ability to spread damage to adjacent enemies so you can kill 10+ enemies in 1 hit. Combining all those crystals and enemies you captured into magic potions turned a level 1 character into a character with stats rivaling enemies around lv 4000. It took me only 3 hours after beating the story to go from level 120 to 1000+ because of this.

DD2 and D5 Baal are much more interesting because they're more like puzzles. Sure they have big numbers but their set-up and passives make it so you can't simply over power them. In DD2 he comes with many gimmicks to shut your team down.

That's NISA for you. I don't know if it was NISA's translating or NIS's bad writers but it took me ages to give a shit about the MCs in Disgaea 5. Hell for half of the game I used generic units because they were more interesting. Mind you, I play these games for the gameplay and music, not the story. D3 having the worst characters that ruin the story. And having a great artist like Harada doesn't make them likable once you see how they're written.

I expect better of you in the future, folks.

Perhaps the problem is that NISA has any writers.
They don't make any original games. They are only supposed to translate preexisting games.
By having writers they seem to think they need to utilize them by pushing memes and other bullshit into games they don't belong.

You guys really need to learn to recognize bait. The only people coming in here talking about the Switch drop a couple of posts and leave but somehow it still creates a flurry of posts that boil down to
It's entirely unnecessary to post defense of the Vita in the vitagen.
If the Switch were any good people would talk about it in a Switch thread instead of coming here to shitpost while they wait for the Switch to get CFW so they can steal all their games and cry when they get banned for being a dumbshit.

taking bait for slow threads is fine imo, it sparked discussion about Disgaea for example.

Forgot about him since I just kept sending him on research.

If you gave up that quick, I suppose you didn't get to see most of the systems. Only first one had a decent story in the end. Still, chapter 3 you gave up and you consider series to be autistic levelling up? All chapters 1-3 of games I've played were more or less easy and shouldn't require any grind or at least not much unless you spread XP around. There's only one map I remember from the games I've played that could perhaps give you big trouble. Vyers Castle last floor. If someone were to brute force it, I suppose they'd really need an army of super high level faggots.

It's shit, but at least it's not fanfiction.net-tier with super-powerful relatives with unique powers pulled out of the ass for characters that were implied only children while throwing out the defenders of earth.

I'll tell you how. Because none of this was present in La Pucelle. No major exploits, no stat inflictions that gave any kind of edge or overground, no map utilization. You had to grind, you had to grind goddamned hard to get through anything after chapter 4—and grind harder than that to get any of the useful items in the game. And I did that for all of a month before deciding that it was a pointless grind and gameshark'd that shit.

At the time, I was a regular GS bin hunter so I snipped Pucelle, a fresh copy of Disgaea, and Phantom Brave all at once, the last of which was still a new release. The thought of more of that kind of grind made me physically ill—the later two of those games are still in the factory wrap. Pucelle has an amazing cast and story, and the gameplay drags it to shit. I was NOT going to repeat that.

And putting context on this, I'm the autist that's put 800+ hours into Dungeon Travelers 2 with the intent to Crown every character. Thinking on matters, I can't actually recall a fun system NIS has ever successfully sold to me.

To clarify, that's just the impression i get from it's fans, mostly.

Rasberryl was the only good character. Her walk animation is so adorable. I hate everyone else in that game. My favorite protag is Axel (he had his own campaign). He's likeable, relateable, humorous without relying on some unfunny, on going gag (sardines, horse wiener, flat chest, all for my lord,super, ect), motivated, has conflicts/challenges to overcome, and brings his own guitar and music to a fight.

wrong embed

All those numbers and nothing dies.

This guy in the vid really is a legit sperg. He says in the vid he only wants to make a high damage score, but why would even a sperg do this while seemingly not being dedicated enough to grind the best shit possible? He's not making a legit record with some of his shit not being reincarnated lvl 9999 characters with the enemies being perfectly in a 3x3 cage. Even if he did do that, it's all so pointless anyway.

Good taste. I hope he won't get evilities as shitty as his ones in D5 again. I like D1 Laharl just as much, though.

It's invulnerable panels. If they're on a certain colour floor, nothing on that colour will ever die. You pick them up and throw them elsewhere if they appear. Same with any other unfavourable geo panel things, you throw them elsewhere/destroy (if not Invulnerable) to make them positive or stop affecting you.

I can never beat La Pucelle for the same reason I can't beat FFT. It's just way too damn slow to get anything done. I can disable so many animations in later Disgaea games and there are many shortcuts to access the options you want. With FFT I feel like everything is in slow motion and I spend more time watching the game than actually planning things out.

You mention DT2 and it's the same thing. I will never beat something like Legend of Dragoon because of how slow the damn game is.

Meanwhile in DT2 and Dragon Quest. Enemies appear. We exchange blows and shit quickly. Info is given to the player quickly and the flow of battle isn't hampered. You spend barely any time watching and mostly playing.

That's like pulling up a speed runner going autistic about half presses and assuming that's the whole community for said game.

Monkey's paw.

Stop playing War of the Lions and play through the original. Or stick to SRW, anyway. No idea what else to tell you on that front. Pucelle isn't that slow, though—iirc you can skip most of the animations.

Granted. Just that I've never liked the massive numbers game. 4/5/6 digit strings never made me feel like I was doing massive chunks of damage to a god demon, anyway. Only time it ever had any merit was when it was a special feature, say in Wild ARMs ACF with the few valid damage breaks, or FFIX with Arc's Megazord attack. DT2 I appreciate as the numbers never go insane, so if a five-digit crosses my screen I know I did something genuinely amazing, like Dark Lord + Berserk/Power Charge/War Cry Buff on a 3x debuffed (Def down/phy def down/dance debuff) super boss with Grishna's unique skill proccing and disrespecting the Joker/Slaughtering Deva combo strategy in one massive stroke.

The fight against Guilty Requiem was fucking fun.

War of the lions actually has a patch that removes the slowdown, but it probably only works on a real psp environment, the patch, from what i remember, was designed in such a way so you could also use it while playing a UMD copy of the game, it was pretty ingenious and sadly, never used for any other game, despite there being at least a few games i can think of that could use it.

Huh. Thought that patch was for PC only. The absolute atrocious slowdown is exactly why I never got through the PSP port, despite FFT being probably my favorite PSX game. I'll have to look it up later. I never got into the pirate bits with my PSP because I ended up having so much fun with the few games I bought that I continued buying (and was seldom disappointed).

Quality > Quantity
The Switch has an infinitely better library despite being nowhere near as old as the aged Vita hardware. Nintendo beat Sony at their own game. Deal with it.

No, as PPSSPP doesn't emulate the slowdown by default, there's no reason the patch would be exclusive to PC. It works on both PSP and Vita just fine.

lol

Literally the only games worth a damn in that pile of mediocrity are the Vanillaware titles. And they still don't hold a candle to BotW, Odyessy or Bayonetta. Try again.

so you're a faggot afraid going out in the public in fear that you get humiliated for liking anything remotely japanese-looking?

literally "mature games for mature gamers such as myself"-tier

Nice strawman. Never said anything about being afraid of playing Japanese games in public. My issue is playing shitty Japanese games, in public or otherwise.

It doesn't seem like it's an issue for you.

Spoken like a true sonygger

ftfy

Here are some quality western-approved games for you, so that you dont have to fear to be called a "weeb" from your coworkers/friends/family

Kinda wished the Jak&Dakter and Ratchet&Clank trilogy werent trash ports tbh

Your taste isn't total shit, weebshitter.

And yeah, I wish a lot of the PS2 ports on Vita ran better. I also wish we got more PS2 ports on the thing. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer for that portable PS2 I've always yearned for.

come on m8s
stop giving him (You)s.
just filter and move on

how bout you calm down sperg boy
we're all just a bunch of nice lads having a friendly chat about video games

Does anyone else have their vita squeak when shaking it? I just got mine from amazon and when I shake it or like twist it slightly it makes a squeaking noise and it's driving me mad.

The Switch has no library and no emulators to boost its own library either
The Vita can play every PS1 and PSP game no problem and its native library is full of HIDDEN GEMZ.
It also isn't the size of a tablet and actually fits in your pocket and JRPGs and SRPGs are perfection to play on the thing
Until the Switch gets CFW and emulation on it that actually works, its library is a joke and no amount of autism simulators released directly from Nintendo or ports will fix that

Nope, does it sound like something internally?

I think it's the triangle button perhaps has holding it down makes it lessen. I think it's just the plastic of the case or something perhaps it will go away.

VITA EMULATOR FUCKING WHEN?

Soon after xbox.

Vita3k already boots a few things and has a few competent people behind it, which isn't bad for being months old.

I have my white/green Slim model making this squeaking sound when pressing my fingers between the audio jack and the memory card port, at the angle with the screen. Could be because this little part isnt completely fixed in

which reminds me some games have become really fucking expensive, especially the english releases. Though japanese visual novels are also becoming rarer due of the low print originally and lot of people just hoarding them to speedrun platinum trophies.

The library is a mixup of PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/PSP library and its own native shit. I would love some more PS2 ports such as GrimGrimoire (sole Vanillaware game missing on the platform), Akai Ito/Aoishiro, the first two Zettai Zetsumei Toshi (known as Disaster Report), RAD and Siren.

Wishful thinking though we're getting an Uta 1 remake and Catherine remake, the same way the PSP has gotten lots of PS1/PS2 ports during the last years of its lifespan in Japan.

Look at his post history. You should immediately realize he's shitposting. Filter, report, and move on. Saying that though, the Switch really isn't worth it right now for me. Xenoblade seems to be the only game worth grabbing it for. The only reason I would get a Switch now is to softmod it later.

No, but it sometimes does when I press a button. Maybe try loosening some screws on the device?

Still the best damn game available.

EBG and Wipeout all day. Hotline Miami is cool, too. Play the Dynasty Warriors demo and see if you like it. Also bear in mind that games like Dragon Quest Heroes II are available, albeit not in English.

sometimes its fun to back and forth with shitposters
pretty much
maybe by next year it'll have a library worth a damn, the new SMT and Fire Emblem will help determine that

There's Sonic Mania too, no denuvo and being the only portable version helps at the very least. I guess if you really want to dig, there's also the ton of wii u ports, most of them don't actually offer any real improvements though, but again, portability .
Is already guaranteed to be shit, really. The person in charge of the series is someone who doesn't actually like fire emblem, thought the previous games were too hard, seemingly doesn't want any characters pre-awakening in the games(you can see this in #FE where Chrom is mysteriously shoehorned in a game where the rest of the cast is from the first FE, and FE Warriors), and only really took the job because it was close to her house. It's beyond fucked. You're better off waiting for Prime 4, though even that shit is sketchy as fuck.

I only heard that she had some influence, where the fuck was it coming from that she was "in charge of the series"?
Echoes also goes against your statement as well that its guaranteed to be shit, but I can't deny that the fact that Warriors, Heroes and Fates existing as they are doesn't really help matters at all.

Not really. That game wasn't shit because she was put to work on FE Warriors.

*while it was being developed.

Is buying a vita primarily for ps4 remote play a good idea? I've wanted to get one for a while but i refuse to pay for (((sony memory cards))) but it seems you can now use regular sd cards with an adapter like the psp.
I would be playing off a 4G LTE phone connection at work and my ps4 is connected via wifi at home. I can typically stream video at 720p fine and occasionally 1080p. Would this be a good enough connection and if not could i lower the quality to have a better connection?

I do plan to use it to play actual vita games eventually but right now i pretty much only want it for remoteplay as my laptop won't run the app (no Windows 7 support and the workaround refuses to launch) and i don't have a sony tablet so i can't use that either and the cracked app no longer works.

I don't know, it would depend on the kinds of games you want to use with the vita.
Is there any chance you could hook it up to an ethernet?

Monster hunter World is likely gonna be the only one for a good long time. After that mostly jrpgs.

Unfortunately no. Only way i could is if i bought my own internet contract and in my area that's a 1-2 year minimum and i don't plan on renting here for that long.

Apologies if i have a different ID, I'm home from work now.

Then unless you're gonna play round based games only, remote play is out of the question.

That's because he's badly parroting one infograph he probably read all of four times. What he meant to detail was that someone that did minor work into other ventures came into the series as a scenario director and writer. She gained notoriety for complaining about the difficulty of the titles prior to the one she worked on (Awakening) and not caring much for many of its characters. The other bit of notoriety is a lot of her decisions—marriage and kids, waifuism on a whole, dumbed down battle system—ended up as such a commercail success that she was given more lead control over the followup title: if/fates. Japan's hardcore FE fanbase complained about her regularly, leading her to delete her twitter account after some pointed exchanges. She's not listed as any kind of lead or concept head for the Echoes remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden.

Her impact on the franchise can be viewed negatively, but that viewpoint would be based almost entirely on secondhand information with little corroborating sources, given that Japan doesn't archive issues regularly as we tend to.

Not in the slightest. You're piggybacking your own wifi connection so you'll end up with a pixelated, laggy mess. Speaking from experience in trying it a few times.

OK I'm despirate how bad is the Ratchet and clank/jack and daxter ports. And is Breath of fire 3/4 good. I played them briefly on PS1 and never got that far. Should I invest in both?

Is there ANY hope of a FFXII port?

Shit, so lowering quality isn't even an option?
Guess I'll just get a gaems portable monitor/ console briefcase and take that to work.

The R&C port is okay, it has some dips here and there. Overclocking the vita would probably get rid of them. The Jak port was pretty bad on release, but it may have gotten patches later on to fix it.
Not in English, that's for sure.

Lowering quality is an option (I think there's only two options though) the problem is your Wi-fi is going to bring in extra lag. It would only increase when you went to work.

I don't suppose the fact that It'll be early in the morning 2-7 when no one is awake using the internet that I'd be using it would make a difference?

BoF3/4 are great. 4 drags in the middle but it shines at the end.

How is the Jak & Daxter port anyways? Was considering picking that up on ebay one of these days because I have an 8 capacity case with only 4 games in it and that shit drives me crazy

My Switch
A reason to play Vita in 2018
Fucking nothing

You're gay lol

I've had no time to play with mine lately. Gotta get stuff under control.

Haven't played enough of it but there's some framerate issues apparently.

All of those are addressed on a Vita/PSTV at 3.60. New hacks are due in a year or so for the later firmware versions but right now this is an iron law. Refer to hack pasta for further info. I personally recommend a first-gen 3G model with a PSVSD but it may be difficult to track one of those down especially in decent condition (OLED burn-in). Safest is a second-gen with SD2Vita.

As for whether you should buy one, does the library interest you? Vita does not have the versatility of the 3DS but it does well what it does do.

With the exception of Platformers and SRPGs, that's not really true.
That shit was announced 3 fucking years ago.

Well, that seems backwards. Yeah, discussion is going to die down if you all leave. Seems more likely that discussions died down because of a lack of anticipated releases. We're at the stage of the game where we're just hoping for localizations.

But those are really big heavy hitters for getting a handheld user. The Vita doesn't really lack for SRPGs though.

oh fug

Are they really? They don't seem as popular on handhelds. At least, not pure platformers.

What is that? Mary Skelter 2?
Yep. Damn, I wish the Xbox got Japanese support. I don't want to spend the money on a PS4.

2D platformers are a big friggin' deal on handhelds user, be they action or pure. They aren't my thing but they clearly have enough popularity to heavily saturate the handheld market.

For what fucking purpose would anyone buy an xbone.

If I'm going to buy a console, I want the best one. PS4 is underpowered, and it showed almost immediately. XboneX is actually a competent console. No Japanese support, though, so it's missing some titles I'd potentially pick up.

See, that's what I'm not getting. I mean, just looking at the 3DS, it seems the most popular games are Zelda(action-adventure) and Pokemon(RPG). Sure, there's Mario and DK, but they don't seem that popular on the handheld. The Wii U versions are another story, though.

Thinking back to GBA and GB, most of what I most warmly remember were not platformers. Again, I'm largely remembering action games and RPGs being popular. There were Mario and Wario games, though.

The DS wasn't even that big on platformers, from what I can recall. It just leaves me to wonder how strong of an appeal platformers have. The PSP had a few, I guess. I don't know if I'd say platformers saturated the market.

What matters is the games and the Xbone is lacking in it. The thing is especially dead how that it has almost no exclusives coming out and Japan doesn't think it exists.

I didn't fall for anything. I haven't purchased anything. Given that I can't count on developers to make optimized games, power is all I can go for when it comes to console performance. The games don't mean shit if they run poorly(it's a console; it should at least manage that much). The console doesn't mean shit if I don't get the games I want on it.

The rest of your post is basically repeating what I already said. Although it's not dead.

That only helps if you can overclock the Xbone and that the framerate isn't locked. Though I honestly don't know about the state of piracy on the Xbone. But given Crackdown 3 will be 30fps and PUBG's implying its even worth playing performance, you certainly would need to do more then just get an Xbone.

Not sure most people around here care that much about emulating the VITA considering they own the thing but Vita3k is making pretty good progress.

Non-existent, there was a PoC to gain kernel access or something but it never went anywhere because you can already run unsigned code on the stock console by applying for a dev license and well there's nothing even worth pirating on it.

It wasn't like game discussion died so hacks discussion took over and replaced it.
Henkaku was released and drowned out the actual discussion of the console and games for several weeks, to the point there was a dedicated thread for a month or so to get it all away.
It just so happened to coincide to when the releases on the console were winding down. That, coupled with the constant posts of
made people leave the threads.

I don't know what all you guys are classifying as handhelds but for most of the existence of video games the only handheld with worldwide significance was the Nintendo handheld line. The Wonderswan, NGage, etc never really took off due to how dominant Nintendo actually is in the handheld marketplace.
Nintendo also sells a lot of 1st party titles, a lot of which also just happen to be platformers or their Nintendo specific IP, Pokemon, Zelda, Mario Metroid. They also make games that are actually handheld focused and don't feel like WiiLite releases.
The only reason the PSP took off at first was because it had a massive backing by Sony. Had it had been a no name there wouldn't have even been a Vita to kill.
More than any particular genre I would say it takes a handheld specific experience to sell a handheld. For example, no mainline Pokemon game has been released for a Nintendo home console.

You bought an Xbone. You fell for the marketing stunt. That “power” you’re clinging to doesn’t mean jack all if there aren’t any games to play on it. You bought a paperweight and are defending said paperweight. Pitiful.

he said he didn't buy it though

I care very much about emulation for future preservation of a game system. This looks like it has promise, although homebrew doesn't push the 3D side of the system very far.

The system is still heavily tilted towards certain genres, and will thus be mostly worthwhile to those types of gamers. There's also the lack of backwards compatibility unless you do the hacking stuff. Ironically a lot of the reason I play 3DS is for the DS Castlevania games, and I'm not aware of anything similar on Vita. Terraria and Vanillaware doesn't scratch the same itch. CVHD would've been interesting I think.

There is backwards compatibility, but digital only. The hacking however does wonders if you want to bypass the digital region-locking and an alternative to the lack of account switching on the handheld. Western side has more platformers available in general, but on the jap side you get Dokuro, Rabbit Labyrinth and Sayonara Umishiwarase +

What the Vita really do lack are racing games, specifically the arcade ones. Ridge Racer Vita version was a DLCfest alongside of other issues. I went with the Ridge Racer 2 originally released on PSP instead.

Overall I still find the Vita library to be more attractive than the 3DS one

So, is there any news about the Catherine remake that's supposedly in development? what about the two new persona 3 and 5 rhythm games?

Being heavily tilted towards one genre and being lacking in another are two different things. Point still stands.
Closest I can immediately think of is Shantae and Axiom Verge. You could get Dracula X Chronicles as well.

No news.

How unfortunate for you such a thing doesn't exist. Pop the hood on the Xbone and you'll find 3 things
- Advertisements you can't get rid of
- Asinine demands that have killed more than a few developed projects for games on the system, ESPECIALLY from Japanese developers
- No real Japanese support.

A good-looking anything with power ultimately means dick if no one wants to buy it, and Microsoft have no one to hold responsible but themselves for that issue.

You should also be trying to track what was actually sold, and not what's popular/a hot topic. People tend to talk shit but take few actions. More to respect to your topic, the Vita library isn't weaker than the 3DS library save in two aspects: Monster Hunter, and first-party support. Otherwise, ignoring the sizable portion of games both systems have that are largely considered shovelware, both boast strong and even successful exclusive and crossover titles across multiple game genres, making both systems a worthwhile investment.

It's just Sony's bullshit that made the Vita a more expensive and bitter investment is all.

There's nothing much. They showed character videos and on the japanese sony store they have stated it will have VR components.

what a cutie

Well, this is upsetting. Is the gameplay going to be the same? Dungeon crawlers aren't comfy playing on a TV screen.

Confirmed to be globally, since the blogpost on the nippon side confirm it as well.
jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/6557/20180301-psplus.html

Cant say I'm honestly surprised. PS+ never really had advantages and the recent increase in price makes it even less interesting

Don't make me buy persona 5 user.

Im actually waiting to see how well Catherine remake will run on vita. SMT3 on Vita never ever

play-asia.com/info/PSVITASALE2018?ref=Sonyvita2018

I knew there was a fucking catch.

That's not backwards compatibility unless you're using Adrenaline. Sony really pulled a dick move in that space by making you re-buy games you might've owned on UMD, and I already bitched further up about deliberate incompatibility. 3DS does it too by limiting its GBA stuff, and VC, but for DS games it actually is backwards-compatible.

Oh yeah I have DXC, that gives me my portable SotN fix.

Oh and incidentally, apparently Samsung has patents on some of the OLED tech that reduces/eliminates its burn-in issue, so yeah. While IPS is nowhere near as vibrant it doesn't age badly. I got damn lucky with that 3G Vita I found (not as good as that one user who bought one for £20 but still).

To be fair, there's no easy way to verify that you actually bought the games, and there's a good number of games that aren't available for purchase via PSN.

Saw a review of Mind Zero. It's lacking in character development, and the game's dungeons look a bit dull, but the gameplay itself is pretty solid, from what I saw. It's very similar to Persona in story, themes, and presentation, but it's not so similar in terms of actual gameplay. I'd try it out. The comparisons to Persona are fair, but the dismissal of the game is not.

And there's no easy hardware solution, either.

wtf is the Persona 3 Undub "remix" and how is different than the regular undub? What is the definitive undub?

That one changes some of the music (like mass destruction).

So, saw this and it seems I can get Demon Gaze with all bells & whistles for 13 bong notes. But I've read somewhere there are compatibility issues when using it with a Vita TV? Is that true? Anyone run into compatibility issues using a Vita TV?

Also, never played a dungeon crawler- are they actually fun or just mindless grind?

Maybe emulate a staple of the genre or something for free before making an impuslve and possibly retarded purchase, user.
I've played very few dungeon crawlers but the ones I have, I enjoyed, though I think that's more because of their stories and writing than the dungeon crawling necessary, which were fun enough

Any suggestions for stand out classics on the genre to try first? Or any opinion on Demon Gaze?

There's a lot of games that can fall under "dungeon crawlers". It really depends on what you're looking for.
SMT strange journey is pretty brutal and edgy, it should acclimate you to dungeon crawlers quite well and give you a fun time once you git gud.
If you want something more lighthearted and school-environment-y but not cucked then Persona 1 followed by 2 would be good for you
PMD Explorers of Sky is bretty gud, I personally give it my highest recommendation, a million times better than all the mainline games
Etrian Odyssey is kind of considered the quintessential nip dungeon crawler franchise (basically anime wizardry), but its not really known for its stories and writing
Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer is something I'd suggest checking out
I have yet to play Demon Gaze so I can't offer anything in particular to say on that front, but it seems to be respected enough.

Also some opinions I've seen about Demon Gaze is that its a shitty Etrian Odyssey clone.

If you have a Vita that's not hacked, download the Dungeon Travelers 2 demo. The game starts easy city so rest assured you'll be able to tell if you're in hell or are having fun.

Baring that, emulate Etrian Odyssey or one of the Wizardy games.

Any news on upcoming releases?
I haven't been paying much attention

3.65 support added to for vitashell. How long til 3.61+ dumps start rolling in? I want my SRW V.

Someone already has the exploit for the other firmwares, they haven't released it yet.

I downloaded some games from NPS, moved them to the app folder and restart my vita, but they don't show up. Did i miss something?

Refresh the home screen through vitashell. It's in the triangle menu.

pretty dumb on my part, thanks

I feel lost in trying to get my vita ready to play games, is there a a very simple guide to follow? I successfully instaled Henkaku, the vita is currently using sd2vita for space and there's no config.txt in ux0 folder.

Watch Skullator's videos. They're fantastic, got me up to speed very quickly. Hooktube 'em if you're a sperg about (((jewtube)))

Yo, where my ports at?

I'd kill for a PC version of Gundam Breaker 3.

New GB looks like it might make the cut
Too bad it looks like shit
archive.is/1ytFM

3.65 enso by the month's end.

Based on what knowledge?

mobile.twitter.com/theflow0/status/970585179432669185?p=v

There are major caveats.
- Requires 3.60 to set up. Do NOT update!!!
- Supposedly if you system restore, it is lost, and you will be stranded until the real 3.65 hacks come out (not for at least a year).
Based on that I'm inclined to stick with 3.60. I've got too much of a backlog to care about any newer games as it is.

Seeing how many problems and bricks initial releases usually come with, I'm inclined to wait as well.