Legacy of Kain

Looking to start this series for the first time. Are the PC ports good?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Blood_Omen:_Legacy_of_Kain
theancientsden.blogspot.com/2016/04/soul-reaver-ost-v7.html
theancientsden.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/OST
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I would emulate the ps1 version since the PC version is a bit wonky on W7 and up, but there's a ready to run version on theisozone.
Emulate the Dreamcast version if you want slightly better models. Otherwise emulate the ps1 version, the PC version has audio issues even with the GOG release so avoid it.
PC version runs just fine but you need a Dinput gamepad if you want to use one. PS2 version is fine as well.
Same deal as SR2. I played the Gamecube version myself and it's fine.
PC version runs fine, but make sure to install the patch unless you like CTDs. I think the GOG release is already patched. Ps2 version is also fine.

Have fun user.

Kain?

From what I remember the controls are fucked on PC, emulate them if you can to prevent that.

I should make a whole series run. Is BO2 any good? It's the only one I haven't played.

Tell about Kain. Why does he wield the Reaver?

In regards to Blood Omen, the port is locked to 40 FPS while the PlayStation version plays at 60. You do get faster loading times on PC which outweighs the 40 FPS lock for me, since the loading can break the pace of the game.
Check the PCGamingWiki pages for all games
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Blood_Omen:_Legacy_of_Kain

das good sheit yumsayin?

Why do people say that?
he looks worse in the dreamcast one

The steam release of Blood Omen 2, requires you to manually set it to 1 core and limit the game to 60 fps, other wise it will crash with too many cores and game logic like elevators don't function at too high of an FPS.
I'm think the gog version is fine.

I played them all with keyboard and I thought the controls weren't bad at all.

For Soul Reaver play the Dreamcast version. It's 60fps, somewhat better models and the soundtrack is dynamic like in PS1 version. For Soul Reaver 2 go for the PS2 version if you also want the dynamic soundtrack.

Noice

It's strange how SJWs keep howling that games need to "grow up", when LoK is one of the more serious attempts to further the medium. I just wish we could get more LoK stuff, because I loved the lore, voice-acting and dialogue to death.

Deleted my previous post because I'm a
dumb nigger.

This is the complete soundtrack.
theancientsden.blogspot.com/2016/04/soul-reaver-ost-v7.html

If I remember correctly, that one's outdated. There are updated rips here.
theancientsden.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/OST

I'd love new games too, but it's for the best the series stay dead.
We've already seen what they were going to do before it got canned. They were just going to turn it into an generic Asscreed Batham clone.

Really what the fuck where they thinking? They need to get most of the original guys back and made Soul Reaver as intended, with all the shit they wanted to put in and Kains death being just the half of the game. I mean, with all the time travel shit they wouldn't ruin the plot of the original.

They also made a pretty fun free to play game that was basically L4D versus with LOK clans and shit, but that got shut down in a year.

Know this, all LoK games are shit from a gameplay perspective, homever, they are danm good at telling a story, have great setting and cool, aesthetic characters.

Problem is a few of the VA's are dead now.

OP here. Going by the information I'm going to do the following

Thanks guys.

because he doesn't, the dreamcast version is the best version.

The series is cool and all, but what makes it is it's story and acting. Gameplay has always been mediocre at best.

very true, it's hard to really play the games for long because it's a real grind.

What happened to it? did they release it yet?

It got released and then aborted

Look at the bright side, it will never get contaminated by CURRENT YEAR, in my mind they are just stuck on yet another time loop because mobious isa such a jew like that.

fucking stellar

Games in general have been more mature and better at serious story-telling than any of that Undertale or Dear Ester crap they've been pushing for decades, on both sides of the Pacific. Every last one of those fucks should be put to death.

RIP silicon knights. What's denis dyack up to?

Same

it was still Early Access when it got cancelled

Probably still trying to get a successor to Eternal Darkness made. I remember when he came here to answer questions.

They only handled the first game in-collaboration with Crystal Dynamics, then some IP fuckery, they settled it out and Denis Dyack and Silicon Knights get credit, but you might want to look at where Amy Hennig and Richard Lemarchand are.

Blood Omen on PC's not too bad as long as you know what you're doing during the setup process, better load times but I'm sure emulation would be fine as-well.

Soul Reaver's PC port fucking sucks. Controls are fucked, music's fucked, graphics are the same as on PSX except for the resolution (framerate's locked at 30 unless you use a mod). Emulate the Dreamcast or PSX version instead.

Soul Reaver 2 runs fine on PC from my experience.

Blood Omen 2 runs fine too, though it's more prone to crashing and compatibility issues. Emulating the PS2 or Gamecube (and this is strangely the only LoK game that came out on a Nintendo console) version might be a better idea.

Defiance runs okay on PC from what I recall.

So to recap:
Either way
Emulate
PC version
Either way, emulation might be better
PC version

Last I checked Amy Hennig was stuck at EA with that shitcanned Star Wars game. Have any developments arisen since then?