Did booty seriously carry this unplayable game to top tier reviews?

Did booty seriously carry this unplayable game to top tier reviews?

I finally got a chance to try it and whoever came up with the implementation of this "no saves" meme needs to be locked in an unventillated room and have his hands and feet nailed to a boiling iron chair coated with salt and made forced to watch every single Madea movie on loop until he passes out from suffocation.

You know, it would be one thing if saves were handed out, ever. I respect countermeasures to savescumming. But they're not. Not after you beat the flight sequence, not after you beat the first miniboss, not after you reach the first boss, nothing. There is not one save for the first half an hour of gameplay.

And guess what you get to enjoy if you die? Unskippable cutscenes! Everyone loves those!

If this is a case of "git gud", then this is the worst implementation of "git gud" I have ever seen in a video game. What this really is is a pathetic attempt to pad playtime by forcing you to play through hours and hours of content you've already mastered perfectly just to get one more attempt at the part that actually challenges you. It's a grindfest disguised as a skill barrier. Because you have to grind for hours just for attempts against that barrier.

I for one have a life and a job and I'm not going to sit there and let my precious hours of free time be stolen from me by tedium just because some game thought it would be cute to attach every death to a 30 minute respawn timer that you have to attentively sit through. I have better games to play.

Other urls found in this thread:

media.8ch.net/file_store/c5f87bca63f40686ea3368c1fa79b5b732db3d3da1fa322cb7554fb88e09618c.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

git gud

B-b-but game of the decade, you goon!

I was really looking forward to delicious salt from journos and sjws but I barely ever saw any. Definitely one of the biggest disappointments of 2017.

don't know what to say man. i liked it. booty was just one nice detail. play the intro on easy if it's so damn challenging for you.

What could possibly be giving you trouble at the beginning of the game? I hate to say it, but this could very well be a case of the git gud.

Holy fuck bait you retards.

That's not meme spacing you subhuman dipshit.

you can not censor the truth. YOU CAN NOT SILENCE THE VOICES OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE. people deserve to know that the corruption is real. TRUTH IS JUSTICE. mark and his biased and corrupt abusive moderatorship should step down and hand the board off to responsible people who do not abuse power and censor people. they are playing with the ability to ban people like a game for their own enjoyment.
save this before it's taken down. they don't want you to find out what is going on
media.8ch.net/file_store/c5f87bca63f40686ea3368c1fa79b5b732db3d3da1fa322cb7554fb88e09618c.png
http s :/ / me d ia . 8 c h .n e t/ fi le _ s to re / c5f8 7bc a63 f40 686 ea336 8c 1fa 79 b5b 73 2d b3d 3d a1fa3 22c b75 54 fb 88e0 9618c .png

meme spacing
Another fucking filter? Oh yeah and he's using Holla Forums markup too.

I know, I was just saying it to piss OP off

I played the beginning on hard mode. And you know what, I was fine with dying a couple times. I died once while learning the controls of the airplane, that was fine. I died once against the first miniboss, that was annoying but whatever. I died once in one of the robot ambushes because I didn't know their melees would override mine and they stunlocked me. That was when I started getting pissed. Then I made it to the first boss and got instakilled by something untelegraphed that came from off screen. That was when I put the game down and realized I could have been playing Monster Hunter.

Like I said, if my learning capacity was ever rewarded with a save I might be able to keep playing. But between the grindfest and the unskippable cutscenes, this has the makings of an unholy amalgamation of every single thing Holla Forums hates. It just had booty to back it up.

Firm reminder that upskirt shots of teenage girls that are flatter than a pancake does not count as "booty".

Acquire proficiency .

color me shocked

Anything fatter than 2B's ass is nigger tier.

I dunno, OP, I think it's a pretty solid game. The first save point being 30 minutes away doesn't hurt it. Gameplay is solid for an action oriented adventure. Pretty standard weeb game. It probably got more atention due to the current pro-SJW climate that raised concerns about how well it would do in western markets.

This is either b8 or OP is seriously retarded.

Very Hard tutorial is masochism. At least if you're not a veteran of character action.

I was right, you are retarded

The fuck you talking about nigger?

No such thing exists, you're just retarded beyond comprehension.

How the fuck do you take half and hour to beat the first segment of the game?
It's the introduction section, it has very basic enemies, very basic patterns and very basic mechanics with lots of telegraphed attacks that are designed to show you what you can do and how to play the game.
Not to mention, you start the game with a crap load of chips and items THAT ARE USED AUTOMATICALLY to help you actually finish it!

How did you had any sort of trouble with that or even took 30 minutes to finish it?
Are you one of those faggots that sets the game on the hardest difficulty for their very first playthrough and then complains the game is too hard because they don't know how to play it?

Guess what pal, you aren't skilled enough for hard mode. I suggest you play the game on normal and acquire proficiency.
This isn't a game that locks you onto one difficulty. Play it on normal, when the game feels like it's starting to get too easy bump it up to hard. You can replay all of the game's chapters and you keep your level, that's what the higher difficulties are for.
I'd bet a dollar you're talking about Monster Hunter World and that game is casual trash and clearly so are you.

Did you play on Easy or something? There is only one auto-use chip above easy, which is the auto-heal, and it doesn't cure being one-shot.

yes we can!

Do you ever get tired of posting shitty threads?

B-but it's a good game!1!+! You're just a goon!!

You retards will embrace even the saltiest fairytale of a shitpost to suit your narrative and validate your opinion, wouldn't you?

It's a (1) and done fishing for (You)'s.

Oh, so you ARE one of those retards that thinks he's hot shit and too gud for Normal Difficulty. How's it hanging DSP?

You died in a rail roaded sequence where you pretty much only attack with 3 buttons with attacks that clear projectiles and kill enemies in a wide arc?

You died against the introduction of melee combat in an Hack&Slash game.

Your melees "override" the attacks of smaller robots but not bigger ones. This happens in every single fucking game, why would you think you can stunlock the big bad guys that have telegraphed attacks to make up for it? Why do you even think they flash red when attacking?

You died because you did not used Target Locking. In the very fight that introduces it, explains it and requires it. Now I know you're DSP.
What's more, you start with a crap load of chips installed and healing items, some chips automatically healing you when your health is low.
If you reached that fight with no healing items, you're absolute trash.

It will be rewarded once you gather some.

Hard mode does not have target lock. Other than that, I agree.

I'm not playing on Easy, there are Chips that use healing items automatically and even give you bonus health recovered if they are activated.
These are not the "Easy-Mode" chips that you can also equip, they are regular chips.

It's not target lock, even without target locking the camera on the first boss is always facing forward, there is no off-screen since the entire room you're in is covered and all attacks come from the boss. OP is just huffing glue or some shit.

I mentioned those. Again, they don't revive you. Many things on Hard can still one-shot you, at least at lower levels when you have little health.

You know. Op is actually right. This is how i dropped Nier. I was hoping the game autosaves and it even displayed my playtime on the save, then i quit the game when giant saw boss appeared for second time after first long level on the bridge.

Next time i load i fly again in the intro.
Uninstalled instantly and never touched since then. If i need butts, i can always mod skyrim.

>DENUVO
What a fag.

I'm glad there are still big games that keep chromosome hoarding casuals away. Also, obligatory

You're not helping your case here plebbit

Oh sure, although I was sure there some chips to leave you at 1 HP if you were to die with some cooldown.

But in OP's case, that very first fight shouldn't really be able to one shot him from full HP, it should instead activate those chips and heal him right back up, assuming he still has healing items which he likely already wasted making his way there.

The game repeats ad nauseum to you that it does not autosave to the point that this seems horrible foreshadowing for the plot.
Why would you assume the game does something it blatantly tells you it doesn't?

You played the introduction only and you stopped there? When things were actually starting? Not even made it to the Rebel camp?
Because right below the entry point in that city there's a machine to save your game and another in the Rebel camp when you go there.
What is this autism\OCD that makes people play a game for only a few minutes before stopping and thinking they already saw enough of it?

OP here,

I have no idea what these "chips" are that you're talking about. I had to manually go into the inventory and use a health restore every single time I got low. Nothing ever healed me automatically.

I love Platinum games, and was really looking forward to Automata, but it's by far my biggest disappointment of 2017. My problems with the game are:

1) The combat is more shallow than any of Platinum's other AAA action games. It feels more akin to God of War than Bayonetta or MGR.
2) RPG and character customization elements were used as a substitute for balance. Normal mode is brain dead auto pilot easy mode, and then hard mode is Dante must die, unless you want to add 10 hours to your playthrough by grinding out repetitive side missions and farming chips.
3) The 9S route was completely unnecessary. The actual gameplay of 9S is complete dog shit. The hacking mini game is by far the most effective way to fight with him, and it gets boring after 10 minutes. As far as story telling, there was absolutely nothing added that couldn't have been done with just some extra cut scenes in the 2B route. It was just completely unnecessary padding. Platinum didn't even have courtesy to make the duplicate cutscenes from the 2B route skippable the second time around.

Let's be real, we know it wasn't the waifu meme that carried this game, not (((current year))) atmosphere of game journalism. What saved this game from being blasted was the decent presentation, the soundtrack, which I think the best part of the game, and the story. The story wasn't good for interesting in any way to me, but you know that 99.9% of normal fags haven't read any Philip Dick or Asimov, so the premise of "are robots people too?" probably blew their mind.

There's the Reset chip, which has an X% chance (I think it maxes out at 25%ish at +6) to revive you with 1hp. Arguably one of the few defensive chips actually useful in hard mode, other than overclock. If you're a shitter like me, that is, and actually get hit.

It's a hard life, OP.

There's also the anti-chain chip that stops you from getting instagibbed by multi-hit attacks.

This whole thread is some top-tier b8 my m8

Doesn't help in very hard, unless the very first hit triggers reset, as you get one-shot by the first attack anyway.

I don't know what people were expecting when they saw "Directed by Yoko Taro". No matter the development studio, you know you're in for some shit if playing a game that has Yoko Taro as its director. He hasn't made a single game with good gameplay. Drakengard 1 is a poor man's Musou game with a bit of Panzer Dragoon thrown in. Drakengard 3 is an okayish hack n slash with awful framerate. Nier 1's combat is passable but very basic, if satisfying due to combat effects.

nu/v/ is a goon cesspool

This is a pretty good post for any platinumfags thinking about getting the game. If you're primary reason of getting the game is because you're expecting cuhrayzee level game play or standard platinum game play then this is the wrong game for you. Automata is still first and foremost a Yoko game, it's Nier with cookiecutter platinum gameplay not a platinum game with a Yoko story.

No, very hard is DMD, hard is just harder than normal. You stop getting one-shot as soon as you slot even a single health up chip. Also, I plat'd the game on hard and didn't farm chips even once.

In what story is the protagonist unnecessary? Oh fuck, did you think Bootybot was the main character? What a dummy.

People like you downright fascinate me.
Have you tried scrolling your mouse wheel?
Down to be more specific. Scroll -> Press E, bam you're healed.
You noticed that when you get hit and your HP goes bellow 50%, the game enters a sort of slow-mo for a couple seconds? Haven't you wondered why that is?
Maybe it's for you to use the healing item with the mouse scroll controls instead of opening the inventory like a spastic idiot.
The chip he's referencing is a passive upgrade that automatically uses an healing item (and increases it's effect) when your health goes bellow 40%.
The chips you pick are pretty much 1/3 of the game mechanics. It's something so goddamn important that there's no way you could miss it after playing for more than 20 minutes.
If you DID play for 20 minutes and didn't get to the Rebel camp then I urge you to get a vasectomy and ensure your genetic retardation stops with you.
Please, you'd be doing everyone a favour.

Sounds like a shit game to me
mods will fix

Straight out of the normalfag opinion for Nier 1, congratulations. The reward for side missions in these games is the story: without those you wouldn't know of Brother Servo, the suicidal machine or put together the puzzles of what's going on between the protagonists (the resistant fighter being wiped, and the execution model).

Oh, I should also mention that the robot sapience is not in any way a plot twist in this game. From the very first hours of the game, you are presented with non-hostile robots. Fuck, the moment you LAND in the open world, the first robot groups you meet have yellow eyes and don't attack first. The real meat of the story is the endless cycle that both sides of the war are stuck in, in an attempt to have some semblance of a meaning to their efforts.

Eh. MGR was mostly abusing Parry and Offensive Dodge for defense, then chaining combos for funsies, not because you actually had to.
The game really wasn't that deep and the weapons\grenades\items felt more like gimmicks than a good element.
Nier Automata doesn't feel that much deeper or shallow in terms of mechanics, it has pretty much everything in other games with some switched around, like Chip customization instead of buying static upgrades, etc.

You know, some people just plain like that setting and that idea. It doesn't have to be new to be apreciated, it's just a cool concept.
I've lost count of many times I've seen this trope and yet I still never get tired of it.

Machines are the ultimate form of innocence has they have no concept of right and wrong and only do what they believe is best for the task at hand. They are not bound by biological reproduction or age so competition among them makes no sense and emotions serve no purpose, so when those elements are thrown in them, it's always fun to see how they react and how the story unfolds.

Yeah, why have this classic scifi when we could explore racial relationships in space? But man oh man, you did pick up what the existentialism theme is, so you totally see through it. What an intuitive little man.

wow, that sounds amazing, japanese game design does it again

git gud, casul

Nier is a meme game, doesn't matter if its good or bad or average at best
It will be praised by waifufags and bandwagon redditors to the point where all you are gonna get is over the top wanking

That said its average at best

The best part is the unfixable CTDs on the PC version. Nothing I like more than a game with limited save capacity that is guaranteed to crash every 20 minutes, max.

What are you talking about? You can skip the cutscenes. Also if its taking you more than 3 attempts to beat the intro level on any difficulty you might wanna get your head checked.
Then why are you here.

It works for skirim doesnt it

at least you saged

Yoko is the new Kojima. 2deep4u Weeb bait.

What the fuck was that, 8ch?

Niggers get out.

Kill yourself you goddamn retard

Nigger, the gameplay between hack&slash games rarely ever changes that much that it warrants checking it based on the differences alone.
People check out newer games instead of replaying the previous one mostly to see the world, characters and story in the newer game.

And doing side missions isn't "grinding", holy fuck. Do words mean nothing now?
Doing a mission that isn't required for the main quest isn't "grinding", doing it more than once for the express purpose of grinding the rewards would be.
The story behind them is given as a reward on your first attempt, you literally cannot grind story out of those missions.

I disliked this game too but for different reasons. It definately feels like the gameplay aspect of it took a backseat to everything else.
My biggest complaint was the leveling system. What's the point of having it if all it does is give you better fixed stats? The game's combat system is complex enough to have a difficulty curve by itself, the leveling system just feels tacked on. It feels terrible to be unable to do a certain quest because you're doing 1 damage to the boss. It's doable but who has the patience for that?
The rest of my problems could be described as numerous, fairly insignificant annoyances that are not worth mentioning by themselves but do add up to make the game one big chore. Slow travelling, little enemy variety, basic enemy (including boss) attack patterns and unskippable cutscenes are some I can remember off the top of my head.

Despite that, the ending is fantastic and so is everything BESIDES the gameplay, which is a shame.

@14277660
Why did you post twice?

niggerniggerretard!
am i fitting in yet guys>

No saves is, undeniably, the stupidest thing in video games.
At least have regular auto-saves.

Everyone knows the only thing keeping Skyrim alive is lewd mods.

It's a JRPG tradition, it's how they do things on that side of the Pacific.
Leveling up for western RPGs is like building a toolbox where you keep cramming in the tools you think will help you the most later on.
Leveling up for JRPGs is about the character growth in the story and the world itself, it's more connected to the story than with the gameplay actually.
Your level ends up being more of an adjective to describe your character.

This is usually because you're at the wrong place there. It's a design decision to force the player to go explore the world and do something else besides rushing the story.
You never actually have to grind, you just need to complete the side quests and that should give you enough XP to finish the game, but in the process you end up knowing a lot more about the world and the characters around it instead of rushing the story and then feeling let down because some things seemed shallow or made no sense since you don't understand everything as well.

I mean, good wRPGs also do something similar with Gothic being an interesting example for the first towns, for instance.

nigger

nigger

Sorry, when I said "boss" I was thinking of Father Servo, which is a side quest you can do fairly early on. You can beat the early stages of it fairly easily, it's only later that you stop dealing decent damage because the boss is too high level. Going by your explanation I'd assume this is to make the player feel like they or their character has grown after doing other things in the game but I for one think it's pointless. I'd still prefer if Father Servo had more than 2 moves so that I could learn the boss and beat it by actually being good at the game and not because my level was high enough.

Even most JRPGs at least either give you some choice in stat distribution or let you learn new moves as you level. This leveling system is just a lazy replacement for real combat complexity, which is particularly disappointing when it's coming from platinum.

How well does this game even work on PC?
I'm just right fucking now trying to get this shitty jrpg (Nights of Azure) to work properly because it's yet another shitty pc-port with perhaps even topping the charts of shittiness by not even having a fucking option to exit the game other than forcefully shutting it down!

So yeah, im curious as to whether this game'l be worth 9,99yoropooridoos on sale or 4,99 at most.

postin in bait thread

Really pleasures those almonds.

stopped reading here. opinions of young children aren't worth reading.

goons everyone

check em

Missed opportunity.

Now this is goonery

Good grief.

You suck.

mods please prune this cuckchan thread; OP doesn't know what fucking IDs are and has embarrassed himself multiple times already

Aside from the fact that OP is an idiot and bad at games. Has no one explained that saving is a mechanic that the game's narrative relies heavily upon? In other words THERE IS A FUCKING REASON WHY YOU DON'T GET TO SAVE IN THE TUTORIAL.

I didn’t think we’d find a person more retarded than the user who couldn’t make it out of the resistance camp, but here we are.

Think about it this way, Father Servo is posing as a grandmaster of martial fighting, the idea being that you're on a journey to eventually surpass your master.
If you could rush it before finishing the first area, it would feel cheap and "just a side quest". If it's something you have to travel around for a while and then you come back to it, then it's a bit more meaningfull.

Same for Jackass Science quest, where you're supposed to help her when you're good enough for it, not just because you're passing by, same for the Secret Arena that you can find when you're 20 levels or more behind the enemies you'll fight in there. It's a very hard place to beat so obviously you need to be a hard motherfucker and you haven't done shit yet so far if you're only lvl 20.

Technically you'll still have to be good at the game, stats alone only carry you so far. And last I checked, he does get a few more patterns as he power ups.

Most? It's possibly the minority that do so actually, most games just have your stats increase by a certain random amount based on your class or limit the upgrades to them based on it as well.
Nier however does grant you newer moves but not with levels. You instead by programs for Pod and get newer weapons that you improve so Level isn't the only form of character growth.

pirated it and so far it's working quite well. Even the controls themselves are neat enough with M&K but you're better off with a controller anyway if possible.

It's worth more than 10 bucks at least, that's for certain.

Is that the "lesbian vampire anime hack&slash" game? I saw it for sale for the Switch and I was wondering how good it actually was.

>he's this mad about it

I want to kiss 2B's ass.