"Dead Games" that you still play

Made an account over on the Ephinea server, and I had quite a bit of fun with jumping back into it for half an hour. What are some games other Anons play that have had their "official online support" ended long ago?

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=AFh31OVmq_I&list=PL0zTGNAmpgmflMMAbsv1EcoUyrD4aOpxo&index=21
em8er.com/
chaingunned.org/sling/index.php
tribaloutpost.com/tribes-2/scripts/clean-dso
tribaloutpost.com/tribes-2/scripts/uberfov
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

SWAT 4 is pretty great, there are some modded servers with custom gamemodes, too.I also remember Tribes 2 being a lot of fun, is it dead now that the new game exists?

Is it worth it, user? The game has always seemed interesting to me, but I never really pursued it. I don't mind dead servers.

The server is still heavily populated. There were, at least, a hundred people online when I logged on an hour ago.

All right, I'll take a look tomorrow. On topic, I play Halo 2 via Project Cartographer every now and then.

Pokémon XD

World in Conflict

kill me

YES I've installed and even played TF2V, shut up

Were you in the Halo 2 thread the other day? Have they added co-op to the Single player yet?

No, I missed it. I don't think co-op's been added yet, though.

Wew. Though if you want to play TF2 you still kinda have to play original, nowhere else is really populated enough

fuck you, I'd rather have 3 hours of TF2V per week instead of the shitshow TF2 is now

UT4

Well I'd rather be able to play whenever I want and with more than five people.

I jumped in about a couple weeks back. It's free, but I don't think it can rekindle the magic it seemed to have back when it first came out on Dreamcast. That or the genre's expanded so much that the levels feel too crampy and samey while it's all room-to-room fighting the same enemies.

i still play a decent amount of guildwars1, broodwar, and wc3. gw1 has a surprising number of players still, altho nowhere near as much as wow, ffxiv, etc obviously. but there's always folks online to play with so it's still fun imo.

y tho

It is the Frozen Throne, it's just that Shitzzard updated it to have both under 1 game. There's a button to switch now.

oh. mine's the same way but the icon is for tft instead of roc, so thought yours was just roc. wc3 is still fun tho, it and broodwar were my first pc games that i played any amount of at all, and i still love em. sucks that (((blizzard's))) past few patches for it broke support for w3league so you have to go back a few patches if you dont' wanna play on bnet.

UC Gundam Online

I still play PSO all the time, though lately not so much since switching to Linux. I can't seem to get Blue Burst/Ephinea to run with a quality frame rate in WINE.

Does it come with that DLC campaign with the Ogre dude and his bear? That was great.

Primal Carnage: Extinction and Vanilla Primal Carnage are basically dead. Super low numbers and any updates are really sparse.

Battleborn

PSO2 > PSOBB

How much of a difference is there between PSO2 and Nova?

At the current state there are more differences between PSO2 and Nova than between PSO2 and PSP2.
Nova is like what closed beta of PSO2 was with some extra bloom and something like 4 new bosses.

No.

I see you still didn't get past the captcha.
Good to know.

What the hell is going on here?
T. user who has never played a phantasy star game

There is a person actively shitposting whenever PSO2 is mentioned because he wanted to get in, but wasn't able to pass japanese captcha.
It's a pretty ok game, I'd say go for it if you like anime shit like lolis, mechs and what not.

Rather than being a proper sequel to Phantasy Star Online as its name might imply, PSO2 is just a continuation of a bunch of the bad ideas that made Phantasy Star Universe a piece of shit.

t. victim of Stockholm Syndrome

If that's the case, wouldn't it be better to just watch the anime, and/or play Episode III or Zero if you want a "proper" sequel?

your mom was pretty dead when i played her last night. In my bed.

But he's right. PSO2 is trash.
And this is coming from someone who actively fucks with people who can't into that captcha. God bless dakuten.

Highly recommended at all times.

Man, I miss Zero. Something about handhelds doing their damndest to emulate full fledged games like that had a lot of charm. Plus, Moon-chan was super cute, and you could let her get molested if you're into that.

The original Mario Kart 8. Seriously, the only balanced one from the whole franchise.

What did deluxe change?

Dead franchise.

Even before MHW - skyrim pretty much replaced it fully. Can craft dragonbone armor from dragons.

I can't let go

I still play the MP of this game

>sucks that (((blizzard's))) past few patches for it broke support for w3league so you have to go back a few patches if you dont' wanna play on bnet.
nice thing about PvPGN is you can setup your server to run whatever patch on your private bnet

Doesnt PSO have no PVP?

Lmfao why play?

PSO BB does have PVP. It also has lobbies which are just football pitches with a ball you kick around and score goals with.

Lots of little things in that game.

The last good Gearbox game.

Splatoon 1. Japs have infinitely better taste, they're still playing the superior game.

I used to have problems running at a decent frame rate in the lobby with plenty of players on screen, but now the game does not run at all. It crashes after selecting a character, when loading the ship select. Did you have to do anything with Wine to get it to run?

I am familiar with the problem you refer to, and I'm not sure what happened to fix that (I didn't do anything). Maybe you just need to switch to the latest version of Wine already?

I'm pretty sure updating was the first thing I tried, but I'll check next time I boot up my desktop.

Give them back.
Runescape is dead inside.

I don't believe it. Those servers are dead 24/7.

I misread the thread as Dead Games that you want to play again.

Does Ephinea have a good community? A couple years ago I signed on with Ultima and everyone is either a conceited asshat or a spic. Plus they got that dumbass P2W donation model.

MUGEN

I don't know how it worked the first time and then broke later, or how I followed two separate instructions for installing wine from wine.org, but I got it working.

fucking hell, that intro alone made me buy it.

the league was bullshit where a single loss made you got back 3-4 games just to have a chance to challenge peatie again

had to play as Diddy otherwise the computer would "randomly" get him and he'd "somehow" pull his special abiliy to remove your entire fucking team

I had a lot of hate for diddy thanks to this game.

Flawlessly? You don't get shitty frame rates? Please, tell me your secrets.

I don't really play it anymore because it's so dead; but I spent an hour yesterday and today running around GW taking screenshots.

I still sometimes pop on to Worlds and Active Worlds. Online support is still there, but I don't usually see too many people.

command and conquer/red alert/dune 2000 via open ra.

Toontown.
Heard there are some anons still playing it, none in this thread though.

The game is just fine

which private server, fag?

I occasionally get the feeling to play it but the fags who run the remake made it impossible to play on Linux and recently banned VPNs.

What? I play the game on Linux. Look for sticker's book or something. I intentionally log off windows to play it on Linux since it runs way smoother and faster than on windows.

End my life.

It's a new Mario Kart Wii, someone on Nintendo was beyond butthurt after he got his shit kicked for wasting green shells and banana peels.

I think you can still play the SMNC version, not the same but it's something

Maybe it's been fixed, a month or two ago I had problems with it.

I really, really, really want to like PSO2. I think I've put over 3000 hours into it, but I haven't checked my playtime in-game in quite some time. But it just isn't good. It completely lacks the alien, oppressive atmosphere that PSO managed over ten years ago - the music in some fields is about as exciting as elevator music, and none of the enemies have the creepy, altered feeling from PSO, while quite a few of them are just utterly generic. The combat, while fun at first, is utterly shallow because you can dodge and cancel almost anything. It sounds fun, sure, but pretty soon you're just using whatever Sega buffed enough to be broken this month, spamming the same attack over and over without having to pay attention to positioning, your team compisition, or even your HP half of the time because there are so many retard crutches and your enormous number of consequence-free defensive options make it next to impossible to screw up outside of one-hit KOs. That's another thing, too: the game is unbearably easy. When you walk into the forest for the first time, the enemies will take a good three to five seconds just to attack you. This never gets significantly more difficult. Before you learn an enemy's patterns, you're most likely to miss your dodge by starting it while they're still winding up because there's just no way that there attacks could be so atrociously slow. And yet they are, like every single thing in the game has diabetes or narcolepsy. I want to like the game, I really do. It just isn't fun.

I'm still playing the first one too, but that's just because fuck paying Nintendo for a Switch. What's different about the new one that makes it worse besides no Squid Sisters?

nigger you ever tried this shit
it's fucking great

I completely forgot about it because the single player was an utter cakewalk, but I do remember losing to Petey Piranha and having to redo the whole damn cup.
The AI can fucking snipe you with that, but there's way easier strats to beat them at their own game. Daisy's absolutely OP.

Literally nothing in the new one is worth buying a switch for, absolutely nothing, they botched the fresh feel in the first one, now everything is so edgy, the haircuts, the clothes the music, it's all garbage. Salmon run is decent but not worth buying for. The base game maps are trash some alright, some new ones they added are decent but they're porting a lot of the older maps to Spla2n, they just ported Marijuana Mall. I fuggen loved the original so damn much, Splatoon 2 honestly truly broke my heart how disappointing it is. This song is just maximum edge. Compare that to this hooktube.com/watch?v=AFh31OVmq_I&list=PL0zTGNAmpgmflMMAbsv1EcoUyrD4aOpxo&index=21
Good man, keeping Splatoon 1 alive.

We need Finland Fuckhouse 2.0

Man that game was a good chunk of my childhood. I wish it didn't go to shit so bad.
I know theres at least one private server (Mabinogi pro) if you're interested, last time I played I saw a couple people in the starting zone.

There was nothing oppressive in PSO, it's just nostalgia.
It just didn't have all the expressiveness of modern cut-scenes and voice acting.
It's just as goofy and anime as PSU and PSO2 mixed with some grimdark when shit gets tense, it's just all in text.

You could just say that the online subscription was too much for one game, but after you tried to justify your butthurt with "muh casualization" I have no sympathy.

Ultima Online, because all the new MMOs are not MMOs.

I played that game once, a few years ago, with a server uill of what I assume were regulars. They were swell guys and we got along great, probably because they figured I would leave if they went HAM on me. One of the guys said something to the extent of "Dear diary, today I meet the nicest guy in FF" And I said I'd play with them again soon. I still haven't booted that game up since.

There are so many baits in this thread it's like it's designated for shitposting.

what freeshard? i still have chars on uogamers but haven't logged in for two years.

Finding people you can chat with helps. There's a pretty decent community going for it. Just don't go off spouting about niggers and jews and it's fine.

We should get another Xonotic gamenight going sometime. That game's a blast with a lot of anons.

Hang yourself

I host Ace of Spades when I have the time.
SWBFII has official online again now but I still play the singleplayer of Star Wars Battlefront from time to time.

Same, though I've had trouble running ActiveWorlds for some reason. Who even keeps Worlds.com running? I wish the server software was available so we can preserve it like an ancient artifact.

I used to play the DM in the Steam version of HL1 a few years ago.

I've been idling in the IRC since the last one.

kinda feels sad

That is so far at the bottom of the list it's not on the radar.

What they do need to add or someone needs to is a server that doesn't force elite bipeds as spartans and just leave BRs on the map

God damn it.

this. i rarely play, but i get on sometimes.

A shame; it had promise. Maybe if it hadn't been destroyed by teh cavalcade of design changes throughout early development, the Kernpocalypse, and the entire team slowly rotting from withn, it could have been something great.
P.S. if you believe that Kern did nothing wrong and he is the savior of MMOs, you could check out his attempt to do basically the same thing at em8er.com/

Guild wars 1
Ut2k4

These, pretty much.

nickname?

Dude I'll be real with you. I was tempted - multiple times - during Red5's closing to break in and steal source code.

How badly do you think the Chinese are gonna lobotomize it? Last I heard they wanted to turn it to a mobile game.

NFS: World. But there's a offline mod.

i feel your pain i just wanted to get together and dig

This and the loss of City of Heroes are fucking tragedies.

My nigger. Still the best battlefield game.

Have you even played it you fucking retard? It's fine. Stop crying.

I went back through it about a year or two ago just for the sake of doing all of the PvE content and it was still fantastic. I would pay money for a standalone offline version of the game that I could come back to after the servers shut down.

Server is pretty fucking dead but also literally the only 2007 runescape server with working content. Still prefer it a million times over the abomination that osrs has become

Wouldn't call d2 dead even with how old it is at this point. Even classic ladder is somewhat alive during launch week but I've been playing plugy way more to care about the multiplayer

Finally actually found time to play the game, can confirm massive slowdowns whenever too many things are on-screen. Still better than having to deal with Windows.

Too soon user

i tried to get into vscape but its just too much 4chan faggotry. literally most of the global chat is meme spouting or talking about how theyre trannies.

Kill yourselves, both of you. You are the original cancer.

Tribes 2 is still around, barely. Nothing like the 32v32 days, but you can get 7v7 pretty regularly later in the day, and up to 12v12 occasionally. Here are links to get started:
tribesnext.com
t2.branzone.com/scripts/zMap-Packs/AllCompMapPackS8.zip

Scripts:
support (search "support", pick the 391.14k one): Without it, scripts won't work.

CleanDSO: Housekeeping in your folders. Comes with a readme, but requires no configuration.
tribaloutpost.com/tribes-2/scripts/clean-dso

uberFOV: Change your field of view to whatever you want. Log in to Tribes 2->Launch->Scripts->Select uberFOV->Options
tribaloutpost.com/tribes-2/scripts/uberfov

Interpolate (search "Interpolate"): Lets you see where people really are in the game. I have no idea what each setting represents. "Interpolate" and "ssInterpolate" are the same script, as they have the same md5 hash. "ssInterpolate" comes with a readme.

Everything about '99 is right up my alley, the gameplay, the style, the music, EVERYTHING. To this day I'm far from tired of it.

what is this image from? also are there any good SWG private servers

no bully

Damn, I played that game a long time ago, but I'd completely forgotten what it was called. Thanks.

Battlefield 1942 FHSW. The immense breadth (and loading time) makes every single battlefield game after it look like Babby's First FPS.
Sadly, dying from a lack of players even though the game's now free. There's one active Jap server left and it manages 60 players on weekends.

I've played on Ephinea and the community is great. Everyone is friendly and there is no pay2win. It's easy to find pickup games.

I used to play this all the time, still do now and again

pso2 is garbage, because it ties closer to PSU, and not what made the REAL online phantasy star great, which was PSO.

If they only chose to make the game like pso, but I understand they wanted to milk weeb money, do collabs with anime, etc.

Rip PSO1, you never got a franchise which you deserved. Atleast you got Ep1,2, and 4 releases, which gave a good decade of fun.
I'm the Ultima server player on PSOBB. Haven't played in ages, but have the best stuff, including a Dark Flow. There's no reason to go back, too many hours of my life …

BUDDY. Starve yourself of playing pso2, and you won't crave pso2. Delete it from your system. Completely. Its out of my system, and I NEVER want to reinstall it. Never have an urge. Its just a grind game with a "super atomize the individual" aka solo party, join map 2 and play with 11 other solo players in a bigger map whom are also atomized individuals who wish to grind X item for Y quest in order to get Z weapon/armor so they can continue to the next tier map in order to rinse and repeat.
Your life is better without it.

Kind of surprised to see all the love for Firefall here. The game wasn't anything close to complete until after the management change and the removal of most of the things that made it unique (like the progression system, in favor of generic RPG leveling) along with the replacement of the story with a similar one that was slightly worse than every way. At least the ideal was cool and the world was prety.
At the risk of sounding like a shill: if you want more of the same, check em8er.com/ . It's still early days but naturally they've already bilked gullible idiots for development funds, so it's happening provided Kern doesn't ake the money and run. Also, that; it's run by Kern. You know, the one who got ousted from Red5 for blowing most of the budget on his TV channel and that weird Firefall truck.

Diablo 2 isn't really dead. The official realms got supossedly revived when Blizzard got rid of spambots, and there's a lot of private servers for mods (Snej, Path of Diablo, Median XL, among others). I don't really care too much about online though, I've been having enough fun on Single Player through mods.

Yes bully
You poor miserable soul

FFXI. Gotta finish that story up until WoTG.

Do singleplayer games I'm pretty sure no other individual on the face of the earth has played within the last year count?

Also known as Rainbow Road Simulator. Wiimmfi is both a blessing and a curse.

I still miss this game like no other. I swear one day I'm gonna make my own private server just so I can use it as a screensaver for the ambiance.

Is there even a decent server other than Nasomi? Every other server is either non-era, dead as fuck or has those books that let you solo to 50 in 10 hours.

Does Gang Garrison 2 count?

holy shit you still play gang garrison 2?
is there still constantly a group of like 5 people playing?

Still playing on the pre-Legends server,

Oh shit. Is it worth playing on? I played on the official server with a bunch of Holla Forumsirgins about a year ago for the fuck of it, but I felt way too estranged by all the new shit and the people. I still have huge nostalgia for all the old content though.

I knew a couple of folks who used to mod H2V, and have played a bit of co-op. Because, unlike CE, AI actually sync online, it's workable.
As far as I remember, it was done a couple of different ways:

I recall that there was something about doors not opening properly with coop on H2V too, so you have to clip through them.

Blu trainer/casca/mr mohawk were fun for shits an giggles.

I enjoyed playing this shit, but he's right. Even in the threads, people admit to how unnecessary multiplayer is. PSO, on the other hand, was slow as balls (because dial up) so you were much better off in multiplayer because you couldn't abuse I-frames.

haven't touched since iria expansion but i still want to make sweet love to the delicious OST in that shitty cash grab mmo

mabipro is infinitely better, or at least was. no idea how it is now but it's still updated. community was slightly less faggoty but aint hard to do.

Around Iria is when I played on the TW and US server too, although I never did get very far in the questlines.
I made a character on Mabipro and walked around Tir a bit. The game locked up on the menu when I talked to the banker, I had to restart and now I've been stuck on the "logging in" screen for the last few hours. A bit anticlimatic getting back into the game, but I hope it works again soon. If you or any other anons are down to play hit me up.

I should play some PSO again soon. Need to get a few Heart Keys for that dank wand on Ephinea already, and the Valentine's event won't last long.

10 if exaggerating on weekends, the Korean servers are long gone.

You are missing out on alot.

My only concenn is no Deviljho on launch.

Capcom did the right thing from ditching that Nintendo and their inferior machines such as Switch. Imagine, MH on switch would still look like 4U or before. Capcom had to step up their game by making MHW for Xbone Ps4 and soon PC. Graphical improvement plus Partial Open World was really needed for MH franchise.

Skyrim looks trash on Switch anyway.

I wonder how is that Legends is working out.

I refuse to give any money to Capcom, and I don't plan on ending my boycott any time soon. I can care less if it makes me a faggot because I want that company and Ono to die.

Can you play the other Mario games? And share D.I.Y. Warioware games?