Existential crisis

I went back to an old forum and found a bunch of old .bsps I made for gmod ten fucking years ago when I was in middle school. Where has all the time gone? It feels like just yesterday the Orange Box had come out and Steam wasn't filled with garbage. I look back at all the people I knew then, they either stopped posting (and presumably moved on, like I did) or they went into the hat economy and burned out because there's no money in that anymore. What's left is about two decades of stuff, like a Kmart frozen in time. You can witness the entire rise of modding from goldsrc all the way through HL2 then Dota and PUBG hats.

It makes me realize how much amazing content is out there, and how most of it will simply be deleted as external hosts gradually close down (since none of them make money from this, unlike Valve's hat economy which itself is only profitable for them and not most creators). It's like the early age of film where 80-90% of what's made will simply not be archived.

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/PsotfzGpby8
theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/04/the-tragedy-of-google-books/523320/
slackiller.com/tommy14/errors.htm
pressdemocrat.com/news/6070825-181/fifth-person-dies-in-clear
mega.nz/#!owh0iSLL!-7Rd5DZNKB-RjWhMT9Qb0Od4w311mwC1aQcYUcPcGhE
mega.nz/#!wsgT1bLL!jWer9n4EcXj74ou2_tNoSJy9wMO80LKSkBrAHhWnEW0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

(what originally trigged this was the dotbsp twatter account, which is a real rollercoaster of a ride down memory lane)

Surely it can be archived some how, the Archive Team, even just archive.is for pages?

Back when I was still active my source SDK related folder had over 500gb of content. And this was before the steam pipeline update broke everything.

I wonder how I'll feel about all this when I'm 80.

some examples

This is how I feel everytime I decide to wander through Second Life. You either see assets stolen from other games and being sold, or shit people spent god knows how long building completely abandoned. It reminded me of when I use to build shit in the sandbox servers and I would occasionally find something like a dude building a castle 2000 meters in the sky. Then you just think of how many iterations those places went through before they became what they are today. Makes you want to see its history.

Those look like they would have made awesome TTT maps.

Reminds me of the time I made a Pokemon ROM hack. It wasn't anything special, and it was just an excuse to write a ten year old's idea of dirty humor, but I really wish I had it. I had uploaded it to external hosting, but it's long, long gone now, and so is the hard drive it was on. Something something like tears in rain.

Existential Crisis Vs. Cosmic Crisis
hooktube.com/PsotfzGpby8

I no longer have my RPG Maker 2003 game I was making about 13 years ago. It was the kind where you just make map after map and bullshit a story as you go on and cobble whatever feature or thing you can find with the engine together. My own assets were recognizable because they were shitty flat MSPaint things. I wish I had it.

the thread is about nostalgia, not pretentious cartoons that show the vices which their creators got hooked during art college.

I remember spending days in Hammer, and I mean days. Even though I'd go to sleep I'd leave my computer on with Hammer open. I never finished anything but I had so much fun just slapping shit together that I didn't care.

I keep everything I've ever made and even the toys I've played with as a child. Still have computer icons I've made as a 10 year old or so.

Christ. This is something that bugs me in so many multiplayers. There are plenty of maps and game modes, but everyone just sticks to a handfull. Try find a good server with variety that doesnt suck.

low iq

CS:Go/1.6 is considered by many an "esport" and it's a server based experience.

I don't know about 1.6 but in GO players only care about ranked. There might be some servers with different maps/mods but it's nothing compared to what it use to be, and from what I've seen most of the mods are just carried over from source/1.6. It's the same with dota. All the gamemodes are just extremely lazy ports from WC3 that don't even stand up to the original thing.

Looking back on stuff like the planet and filefront networks is a real kind of troubling. Most of it usually ends up archived but there definitely is stuff that likely only exists on someone's external hard drive somewhere now. Quality maps, by the way.

Well that's weird, had some sort of post error. Redundancy is a good thing, I guess.

CS:GO and Dota 2 technically still give you the ability to host dedicated servers, but barely anyone uses them anymore. Over the last few years they all got replaced by matchmaking systems because that's where you usually get incentives like earning ingame funny money or loot crate drops. It's not really a surprise developers starting switching over to them because it gives them more control and ultimately more means to make money off their most retarded players.
Matchmaking shit first got introduced on consoles, so you got another thing to blame on console plebs.

I guess it's a combination of hats + mmr grind. Because I know in dota the hat drop rate is so low it's not even worth considering (Like you get a shit-tier item once every 100 games), and the game makes most of it's money of compendiums.

user, what you are experiencing is the simple pass of time. I know when we all die, a lot of personal experiences and contributions we did will disappear. Without wanting to sound narcissistic, the world will be a bit poorer without us. But that's how time works. I don't feel bad for it.

Well, that's how they got the economy started, same as in TF2 and CS:GO. If you remember, when the inventory system in TF2 was first added you barely got the new Sniper and Spy items unless you were really lucky. Then once hats rolled around those were even rarer. They essentially created artificial demand which opened up ways for them to provide supply, which they did once they opened up the Mann Co. store. At that point Valve just had to keep adding new items because the players always want the newest shit. Add in the whole workshop system which insanely profitable, even for the creators speaking from personal experience here, and you end up with a self fueling system which is the dream of any developer.
But yeah, I think none of this would work as well on unofficial servers. They probably figured they don't want people fucking with the system in some way via custom shit. The MMR system is probably just another means to keep people playing and competing, which makes sense considering they already have full control over the "intended user experience".

There actually was a TF2 server with mods to give you whatever hat you wanted.

There were pleny of servers that did that but those items didn't carry over to other servers.

You aren't narcissistic. Its objectively correct. There are people who exist now, who NEVER experienced vidya where micro transactions weren't a thing. They also missed all the creative stuff, now everything copies what's popular with few exceptions (splatoon), and pixel art was a thing of beauty, not the ugly hipster trash we see now. Oh they could find these games, but it's unlikely given the decay of gaming communities. They also won't experience things like excitement for new things, because we are reaching a point where it's all been done, no new amazing features, just more bloated software and less features.
Not only that, but (and this may be nostalgia)

There is just an odd beauty to these old graphics. Everything is kinda sterile now. Too clean, and uncanny.

The vast majority is garbage including your shit. It’s just nostalgia. As for your existential crisis, its the realization that you wasted time.

Believe me OP, I know the feeling. /ogc/ user temporarily escaped from his containment thread, and I've been spending this decade on and off amassing as much as I fucking can on various turn-of-the-century racing games, and to quite a successful extent I might add. One day I plan to arrange it all, make it public and encourage others to join in with their own hordes on stuff from other genres, giving it some snappy name like "The Ark".

Like you said, if no-one else does it, it's all gone to history.

And then we have THIS nihilist in every single preservation-related thread on Holla Forums. We live in an age where the non-tangible is as equally important as the tangible, and future historians will be gagging for this kind of shit.

TIDY UP YOUR SHIT

and you will stay because it's the only community you have

simbly ebin fellow rebbitor :DDD

Both of you, go back.

Maybe it's all of us who need to figure out where the fuck most of this site went
seriously what the fuck happened

The one I miss is rFactor. People hopping on to a shitty Windows XP server fucking around and having fun. Nowadays it's all Assetto Corsa and shit because "muh shaders, muh shiny detailed cars" instead of racing.

It's like the same feeling the guys in the 60s driving cars must have felt when everything got changed up into the early stages of modern racing instead of just blazing it through a countryside.

To be honest I don't think I would be here if I had many people I wanted to spend time with in real life. Maybe chan-going is something you just silently phase out of.

Firetires stopped being the owner, Holla Forums stopped being shitposting about politics, /a/ became no fun allowed, Holla Forums is dead, Holla Forums was dead on arrival, /f/ never took off here and was never fully supported like original /f/, and we just keep rehashing the same tired threads. You might see the occasional "newfag", but I think it's just the same guy pretending in every other thread for bait.

Could be like says, a lot of 8ch's demographics were already 21+ year olds. It has been about 4-5 years since exodus and most people who started here are 25-30 and are silently settling in communities outside of 8ch.

It takes a long time to really learn a map. It's not just knowing where pickups are and which way to the enemy. It's not even just learning the little tricks and secret places. You have to play that map for hundreds of hours until you know not just what you want to do and how to do it, but what your enemy wants to do as well and how THEY will do it.

If you are even thinking about learning more than a half dozen or so maps you really aren't putting the effort in that those maps DESERVE.

Matchmaking gives you a much more casual-friendly competitive environment. You are much more likely to get balanced teams and people who actually play the game to win. When I say "casual friendly" I mean outside of the huge commitment to form teams and organize scrims.

Server browser based gaming gives you a chance for a better community, provided you can find the right server for it. Finding a balanced game is basically impossible though, and you'll have lots of horrible server admins and other problems to contend with before you find one that's suitable.

I made two shitty recreations of my bedroom but they're forever lost because I installed Linux to the wrong drive a few weeks after making them. falling for the linux meme was actually worth it in the long run though

If only I still had my shitty mouse cursors. I did manage to keep some saved games from 2007, might have just been Rollercoaster Tycoon and The Sims.

I'm feeling it as well, I only really come here out of habit at this point, I'm lucky if I encounter something new or interesting once a month. Most of the board is just shitty hot takes on some recent event, shitposting or braindead vitriol. Almost any actual vidya discussion outside of general threads gets derailed.

World just keeps seeming shittier and my life is boring and one of the only things I've consistently come back to for the last 10 years is turning into shit.

The chan culture we all knew and loved is dead now, and this is one of the last bastions of people clinging to it. Most people have probably moved on to disagreement/irc servers, or just simply moved on from online communities in general.

Modding is mostly dying due to complexity of the modern engines. Back in the days of id Tech, (Gold)Source and Unreal everything was made out of constructive solid geometry, which is really easy to use. Now, even if a game supports modding (which is unlikely because it hurts the DLC sales) you will have to either build all the assets from scratch, which implies modeling and other software knowledge, or use pre-made assets.

Three and a half years. I've been perfectly content on Holla Forums the entire time. I can't even bare to look at 4chan anymore, let alone post on it. There has always been shitposting, and there will always be shitposting. The difference is how long you've been around, if you are truly an oldfag then nothing phases you anymore. Once you've lived through Lanced Jack and Bowser's lava pits, everything else is a breeze to shrug off.

Problem is they don't really, a lot of those systems do bullshit like forced 50% where after winning a certain amount of games you get matched up in a situation where you're very likely to lose. Add up purposefully deranking and smurfing and you end up with a really poor system. And now you got companies like Activison trying to manipulate those systems for a profit too. With a community, you had a better chance of people teaching each other how to play and ultimately improve, which also helps casuals.
Ever since it got phased out those communities can't form anymore. That's a much bigger problem than team balancing and poor admins. At least back then you had the option to find a group of people to play with regularly, now you always play against strangers you won't ever see again. I think that's also where this whole perceived rise of "gamer toxicity" is coming from, people just don't give a fuck about whoever they're playing against and know they can get away with insulting them.

Are you going to share with the class or be a self fellating weasel?

On a related note, google scanned 1/5th of all the books in existance, most of which were out of print, to be freeily accessable for people to view online or preview, and companies threw a fit even though the books were out of print anyways, and the entire project got canned. 25 million books are just sitting in some server somewhere

theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/04/the-tragedy-of-google-books/523320/

Nothing is sacred to kikes, They revel in the destruction of history and memory. The only thing the rats love more than iconoclasm and erasure is scat. Don't let them have their way. Don't let them burn Alexandria again.

I consider myself fairly computer illiterate and this is true.
It's not that hard to wrap your brain around how to edit this and get this in the game on many older games by simply looking at the game folder itself like
but nowadays it's all "locked" behind shit that cant be opened with… well a simple fucking paint for example or winrar, you need dedicated tools and lots of hard work and time just to get that shit open and then you need to pack it up again so the game recognizes it and can actually go with it.

You know, The Surge had zero protection on any of its game music or HUD files. You could turn the health bar into an animated gif of Snoop Dog or the status icons into emoticons if you wanted to.

Real shame the game itself had such a rocky launch.

I'd love to get into a private tracker for books for this, I have a ton of high res scans of rare books I'd love to upload and copies of out of print books myself i'd like to scan.

Fun fact, we didn't actually lose that much in the burning of the library of Alexandria: Most of what was there is stuff that had copies elsewhere. Somethiing as bad or worse then how people make the loss of Alexandria to be would be the burning of Aztec, Mixtec, and Maya books and libraries I mentioned (as well as Inca Quipu): Thousands of texts of history of rulerships, political arrangements, tax records, the day to day lives of citizens, poetry and literature, and religious beliefs wiped out. We lost an entire parallel tree of human history.

Thankfully the Maya also did a lot of political records on stone stelle that survived, and a lot of information about the Aztecs in particular was re-recorded during the colional period, but we still only have a fraction of what we could have had (likely a picture of their history and culture as detailed as we do for japan and china) as what we the Spanish not been giant assholes.

Oh boy speaking of existential crisis, ten years ago I discovered 4chan. Since then my life has been at a standstill really. My mom died, failed every school I've been send to since and became a jobless manchild living with my sister. Everynight I dream of paying back her inending kindness and love one day but everyday I think "tomorrow I will set things right" and start my computer.

I remember having to learn the hard way to jockey ctrl-s like a mad motherfucker with (perpetually beta) Hammer 3.5.

I once made a large South American temple complex with the textures from de_aztec. I had a dead scientist on an alter at the top of one pyramid and I had just learned how to place models with monster_furniture, and toggle between the body groups of models, which I used to place a severed human heart from the gibs model. I started work on it out of the blue after getting home from school, only taking a break for dinner, continuing on until almost eleven o'clock. It was all very spontaneous, completely improvised and yet, focused. It was one of my best creations yet at that point.

Then hammer crashed.

What should I do? Should I actually try to finish a map or just let it die like my memories? Shit like this makes me feel like I'm 6 million years old.

Fuck it, I say go for it just to say you finished it.
Then you can pass it along to the guys at TF2 Vintage and see if they can put it in rotation

Thing is it isn't a game mode map, it's something like those mario maps. I will probably change it for TF2 Vintage so it could be in rotation. I just want my maps to spread joy

At least coming to terms with the fact that nothing you do will have a legacy worth documenting makes coping with the idea of death a lot easier.

give me the map and I'll play it

How do you use autism to get laid? And your post certainly fits the part.

at the end of the day at least we were there for it user. I dont know where all the 2014 posters went, but i wish i was there with them.

This index is a godsend, by the way.
slackiller.com/tommy14/errors.htm

This is like if ken sama actually became a bushido master.

Who? I don't know any of those.

Yeah, as much as I've been denying it, Holla Forums's been undergoing the same thing that every other smaller imageboard has gone through. Admin drama, shitfloods, hacking, and the like, causing the userbase to slowly dwindle as the novelty wears off and people start heading back to halfchan. Only difference is that this time, it looks to have been caused for a purpose. In the past, there'd be drama just because people were faggots, and floods/hacks were just the result of /i/nvasion boards mingling with hack groups. But given what Holla Forums's been involved in, it's hard not to think that most of this was caused by people who saw us as a threat or enemy.

This. Be like that user on /scurv/ who shared a fuckton of old HL mods, forgotten or otherwise

The trashy dog-fucker
Imagine pic related, but without the obnoxiously dyed hair, and with actual tits

This is especially apparent when you consider one of the faggots responsible for killing Holla Forums right now is a faggot by the name of Joshua Null Moon, who runs a shithole called Kiwi Farms, and is in perpetual need for Gibs me Dats handouts because he won't get a job.

How'd your brother get killed?

Why couldnt I have been this way?
Sometimes I think I was simply born to be a fuck up.

Car wreck

Community modding thread when?

Was your brother Kairo Seijuro?

pressdemocrat.com/news/6070825-181/fifth-person-dies-in-clear

Most depressing thing in the thread

What part of "Don't forget: you're here forever." don't you understand?

The naive hope that maybe we'll all make it one day is the only thing that keeps me going

You're only hope is becoming an engineer, even then your willpower to not be a fucking degenerate will slowly vanish thanks to your massive amount of disposable income. Just look at how Doug Winger ended up, that guy was an engineer.

Don't do that, it's miserable. Just find something you like to do.

So you mean my tranny / femboy / bear / childfucking / dogfucking / fishfucking / dolphin pussy / BDSM / Unclit fetish will only get worse once I'm rich? Well, good thing I'm a jew! Ohohohohoy vey!

(Sage for mild blogposting)

Maybe it's not something about the board that keeps people here. Maybe we're all just broken and staying here is just a side effect of that.

It could be worse.

Try getting expelled from college for a chemistry major simply because you fucked up and met a psychology majoring cunt at a party and she falsely accused you of rape after she drank too much but the college heads were such fucking kikes that they didn't care cops cleared you of the charges. Fuck Marxist brainwashing.

I think I have my life set out some what.

Well it's more about the fact that you can actually fund the fetish you want than anything else. If you haven't noticed, there's a lot of macro porn of star fox characters. The reason why is because there's a fucking korean doctor surgeon apparently that commissions for that shit. Having enough money to be able to retire early also helps too.

>tfw when 8ch dies I'll have nowhere to go

The story I told made me a fucking drunk to this day. I got blackballed and can't finish my degree even though I had a little bit less than a year to do. Somehow all colleges are speaking to eachother around here. I wish I could sue the fuck out of them but no lawyer would do it at a price I could afford.

Sorry user. The memes did not reach you before it was too late.

It was back in the era where it was the wild west, we used to mess with camwhores and get away with it. Such memes didn't really exist but reality was different. It was because some of us got fucked by the system and the same cunts whined online that the memes spread eventually.

which thread was that one? Do you still have it saved or the date of the thread?

Ay I like the thought of that, or a nostalgia archiving thread.

Do the old LEGO® forums still exist?

Man, I just got autism with no brains or creativity. It's not fair.

I don't know about LEGO® but remember when you could post non terminating HTML code directly into chat rooms that would soft-lock peoples computers?

Then you got legit autism instead of the meme one. Off yourself.

Sir edgeth the fourth

WHO WAS PHONE

Read the previous posts.

Only thing I've got going for me is I'm not a fat disgusting ugly slob, in pretty decent shape but I can't socialize with people not cause social anxiety or anything, I just don't know how to talk to people. I've thought about killing myself.

Fuck off gene failure.

Normalfags are too retarded to give a fuck about what people say. That's how you beat that awkwardness.

Don't remember the last time I had opportunity to chat with normal fag strangers, but next time I'll just say anything I suppose? Fuck why is it so hard? Man I used to be able to strike up conversation with anyone, but then the autism kicked in or something and I lost it all. I just want a gf ;_;

After the Great War has ravaged human civilization and people have gone extinct alien species will find the digital remnants of our past and wonder how such autistic creatures were able to discover nuclear fission.

You have to not give a shit about how they react. Now I'm just blackout fucked up and it never failed with those retards. That's how I got by and managed to create a business, otherwise it was too hard for them to understand shit. I wish I was a kike (No I don't they are actively killing the west and deserve genocide) because I could live with myself selling it $20 more.

NEVAR 4GET

sanji is cool

THE CYCLE MUST GO ON!

Noice, the only gift I would say I have is I truly don't give a shit what I say, I have no filter I won't go yelling gas the kikes race war now but I have no problem putting people on the spot or saying something outlandish. Maybe there's some hope fore me after all.
Would you have say a worthwhile story or interaction with an npc that you could share? I'm interested in dealings with every day normalfags.

no one cares faggot

inb4 his brother is a 56% chimp huehue abomination

I am planning to start something similar in the next few years. After reading some threads on data preservation on Holla Forums and other boards, I currently have a conclusion that one of the most reliable homemade and inexpensive ways to archive data are Bluray M-Discs, since they are claimed to last for quite a while with proper care. I'm planning to burn retail copies of games and roms of all generations on them (also other vidya material such as magazines, betas/prototypes, soundtracks, bonus/promo discs, stuff like that) - all of their checksums, for example, should be checked, and for that Redump and TOSEC will come useful. Currently I intend it to be purely vidya, but it may change in the far future. Once the data I hoard will get big enough, I'll build a NAS and copy everything there (including several sets of backup HDD's) so that I would be able to share it all with Holla Forums, but it'll probably take several years before it comes to that.

wtf does this even mean?

le white burgers aren't white (((meme)))
what year is it

Lel mutt detected

>>>/scurv/115
The it looks like the links are dead but I downloaded them a while ago, so I'll just re-upload them.

mega.nz/#!owh0iSLL!-7Rd5DZNKB-RjWhMT9Qb0Od4w311mwC1aQcYUcPcGhE
mega.nz/#!wsgT1bLL!jWer9n4EcXj74ou2_tNoSJy9wMO80LKSkBrAHhWnEW0

Closest thing we have right now are the dudes in the Doom threads who make and test maps there.

>implying the point of vidya isn't to pretend to be a FUCKING WHITE MALE or some loli

Pretty typical.

Don't kid yourself. OP is a blogpost and so is 80% of the thread.

You have to go back

Oh hey, I have those from before. timestamped 2015 I still haven't tried any of them yet though.

You have to lurk moar

fuck yea, great to see an user doing what needs to be done, also thanks for the bluray tip.

Fuck yea this is a quality thread now.

M-Discs are claimed to have a reduced rate of rot, so that's the only option I currently have unless something new appears. LTO tapes and drives are buttfuck expensive, especially in my country. Not to mention that I'd like to have an option to easily access the backup disc.

Speaking of new, remember the news about the quartz optical discs? I've seen an article about a month ago that claimed that the Russians are intending to mass-produce these for commercial use in the near future, so I'll keep an eye on it.

Are you really that mad about the Mania leak?

jej

Rest in piece, Seijuro. Too good for our world.

At least there are other genres doing really well to move on to, but as far as I can gather there's nothing similar to old shooters, the endless communities they housed, and the content those communities created.

It's even more depressing to go in-game and walk around these old custom maps by yourself. To see all the work and tiny details that went into it, to imagine just all the battles and playtime that occurred, and to know that likely nobody will ever again play on them again and have essentially been lost to time. It's a lonely and even eerie feeling.

What is in the lava pits?

lore

Snakes ass

Min-maxing strategy is cancer.
What's the point if it sucks the fun out of the game?
Only when you overcome obstacles. Faggots today are too used to sterile environments where everything goes as expected and without variation.
If you can't adapt quickly you should neck yourself, that's part of improving and getting creative.

They should have focused on conquering the ME and destroying islam completely after the reconquista instead of a bunch of filthy shitholes on the other side of the globe where they turned the population into a bunch of mongrels.

Modding is dying because so few modern games even allow mods nowadays. This is especially true for shooters.

If they didn't want to get genocided, maybe they should have invented guns.
The English language does not have words sufficient enough to describe how few shits I give about backwards natives and their worthless culture.

I sympathize with this. My parents gave away or made me throw out much of it. I like to think I'll have kids and be able to share some of it.

wow these are amazing.

Hey buddy do you like JCVD?

when I was a lad, I played on a ut99 server that was essentially a glorified chat room. nobody ever played the game, we just sat around shitposting.
had a custom map with personal rooms for all the regulars, antique early-2000's memes everywhere and hidden chambers with porn on the walls.
one day the host just up and disappeared, server died and only a few of us managed to regroup on an irc channel. since then everybody has died, gone to prison or turned into lolcow tier autists.
it's all gone now, I've searched and searched but nothing is left, and nothing will ever fill the void in me. if there is an afterlife I want it to look like that map.

you dont still have contact with any of them? ouch

I wish. no, the real shit of is that I know what happened to a lot of them. nobody gets a happy ending.
trust me, it's better for them to vanish without a trace than to watch them turn into the worst examples of human beings. it's like all my friends got rebooted into donte.

That's the Mr. Lawrence song, right?

Welcome to the Internet user, mods that some teenagers made in the 90s and later will go away because there is too much information available to be maintained. Someone has to stop caring about that shit eventually.

Don't underestimate the power of autism

Yes, it's a good movie with the exception of the whole flashback to Bowie's childhood which didn't fit well into the wartime atmosphere.

Well, all those old Doom wads are still around. Like, for the original doom.

Doom is probably one of the most well-archived when it comes to community content. People will probably still making things for it in another 25 years from now.

Forget the specific content, there's entire genres that have died, along with whole cultures.
Take forum culture for instance. Dead. You have a handful of autistic holdouts like rpg codex, a few cancerous shitstains that aren't on Reddit simply so their admins can powertrip harder, and nothing else.
There was a time when the Internet was mostly a bunch of small forums with 50 people hosted in somebody's basement. Now look at it. Corporate encroachment.
RTS are dead, (good) adventure games have been for aeons, RPGs barely deserve the name anymore, dungeon crawlers are dead, comfy MUDs are graveyards, the only MMOs that still exist are P2W themepark shit…
It's the endtimes, lads.

It's alright user, we can just go home to the 2D world once that happens.

I think about this often. That type of grassroots/homebrew/spontaneous close-knit community is gone. The golden age of the Internet has definitely passed, and without a Tracer-Tong-tier blackout I doubt we'll ever see it return.

I'm still pissed how a relatively active /his/ with decent discussion died from one day to another when it became a board on cuckchan, and its a fucking cancer ridden shithole there full of meme spouting teenagers.

Armstrong was right, America and Congress must burn.

Remember when game devs used to have cool shit on their websites? Free Radical used to have the mail sack where this dude, under the guise of one of the game characters, would answer questions from fans and post it on their website. It's some pretty funny stuff, but what with them going out of business and their website going down, I'm pretty sure most of it is lost.

Run escape had this I think. I don't remember much about it.

#4 there is the best fuck you to nodevs that I've ever seen.

ideaguys on suicide watch.

>I was the ambassador not the shitty spy revolver of the Red team to keep relations not too harsh between the two teams/clans

Eh, at least you can find a bunch of old vidya and computer magazines on jewgle books

*What's your tag?*

I know how to spoiler, I promise

I have it digitally.

If you want to play together, just know I only play vidya on PC unless I don't have access to my computer. Sorry, mang.

Why can't CDs and DVDs get the same indestructible coating that they put on Blu-ray? Whatever that stuff is is a wonder of modern technology.

God is disgusting refuse. His, or their (likely to be the case considering the enormous scope of the universe) creation of evolutionary life, followed by total apathy towards the sentient creatures created by it, is the most heinous sin known to man. "God" and all those responsible for the creation of this universe deserve to die for their wrongdoing, by the very hand of the sentient life he/they refused to help and instead left us to fend for ourselves in this despicable and hostile universe.

The fact that we were created as a result of hundreds of millions of years of evolution is evidence that "God" as we know him/them is incapable of perfect design, and therefore flawed. If he/they are flawed, they can be destroyed as they ought to be, once this universe's rules are understood enough to be exploited.

Fuck off, the rare few games that get genuine mod support get great mods.

Here we go: Here's what you really mean to refer to, 5d8d74, games being locked down to prevent modding. There you go. You could have just said that.

Feels so good man

That's because they do actually have an archive, you absolute dummy.

What the fuck are you talking about? You have a completly biased opinion on what disgusting, sin and perfection is. How do you know they are flawed? How do you know that this universe isn't exactly how he/they wanted it to be? Can you imagine a perfect universe? What would be the perfect utopia in your eyes?

Human beings in this universe are synchronised in suffering. There must be something to suffer for as well as something to suffer in order to have functionning humans and the problem with people like you and your utopia's is that you never take this fact at face value and its why nothing will never be enough. The Brave New World will always have its own Greenland and 1984 will run out of ressources eventually. If you continue to have this delusion your life and the lives of everyone you know will become worse because of it. The best life anyone can have is one where we are smart enough to be self-aware and choose our own suffering. The only alternative is delusion or oblivion.

Nice

The universe was created as a simulation to test evolutionary development. As a result, once the universe was started, there was little to no intervention. This left any sentient, self-aware creatures created by this simulation completely on their own.

Every hardship, every death, every disease suffered upon the trillions of us can be attributed to the source: God. He deserves to die for the largest sin in history, so that we are no longer subject to such undeserved pain.

Many people fail to see this because the pain and suffering we experience everyday is the only thing we know. Imagine life without diabetes, cancer, headaches, broken legs, heartaches, aches and pains. Imagine not being created as an introvert, then having your mind torment you for not wanting to be social. Imagine a world without depression. This is the world we deserve, and one that can only be achieved with the death of the one who started this universe.

Don't waste my time.

And who is responsible for that state of affairs?
Who is it that is directly and intentionally responsible for that "must"?
You're confusing the way things are with the way things have to be, when talking about a being that literally decided upon the way things have to be

I don't even believe in god, this argument is just fucking retarded

Post the webm of hardcore Mexican shaving, Sir Dark lord of edge.

It's almost time. Am I the only one who still has a copy of the capsule, or even remembers this at all?

It's hit TF2/source mapping as well. Look at half the shit in the meme-tier maps. Used to be you'd get shit like mario kart that were cancer but at least took some creativity to make. What are the newer meme maps in TF2 for example? "2fort/turbine/hightower/etc except this one segment is copypasted a hundred times to make it super long".
It's the same shit with anything else creative. At one point there would be any number of things made. Now, what's "creative" and new? Think of VRchat as just one example, a place where you can make any model you want unless it's Trump because oy vey, and what's made? The exact same anime characters, the exact same "2 week lifespan" memes like "uganda knuckles", the exact same "corporate mascot but irony". If you think it's limited to the gaming community you're mistaken.

can you post the link?

went to his twiter to get that link and got this.

Wew

There is three groups the first is pretty much all the "native" faggots like trannies from Warosou who settled here and basically took over /int/ then more or less became shitposting cancer ever since. They do not play video games, they do not read comics or mangos, they do not watch animu (in fact /a/ caught them in the act with strategically placed false images of a show) they only shitpost trying to ape krautchan and basically cling to stale 2007 memes while shitting everything up. They hate Holla Forums with a passion and together with leftypol they've basically been trying their hardest to kill this place because nobody likes them or their shit.They're also the same guys who keep posting that fucking Turk everywhere, the primary propagation of anti-Jim and anti-Codemonkey memes even if Jim is an asshole for killing /sp/ the anti-Jim and Codemonkey memes followed the exact same pattern with Hotwheels since he was on the receiving end of the same fucking diatribe and they're the only ones who post the anti-Hotwheels memes if it ever shows up.
leftypol obviously, they primarily try to astroturf in some weird culture war they've already lost even when Holla Forums is fucking gimped. Don't be afraid to call people out when it's obvious they never played the game they are posting about before, especially emphasize that their opinions are worthless.
The second group is not specifically SJWs per say but actually the autists responsible for the death of 4chon, Rachposter is the same fucking guy back at 4chon and he's probably an owner of multiple boards and doing the same shit he did to kill 4chon then you've got that goon who owns Holla Forums, etc., etc.
The final group which isn't as prominent as it used to be is simply SJWs who hate GamerGate, they still hate them but these fuckers got Holla Forums delisted and their domain name change multiple times, Lizardsquad is also part of these guys but the hacker who took Holla Forums down last year in April is not an SJW but a pedo banned from Holla Forums.

However all the people who were here for the novelty left already if not when the site was first down for the Next transfer fuckup then for the April hack it is a misconception that novelty is why this site remains standing. In fact the Site Goblin deliberately putting malware injected code into halfchan's javascript means that this site is going to end up like 7chan at some point from people who will simply refuse to have anything to do with malware cause fuck that shit. halfchan's own traffic isn't much better since it's flooded with bots that makes conversations and thread creation appear organic when it's purely artificial. Most of them are from Amazon servers

Sage cause this is off-topic.

Which group is for people for whom this was their first chan, and they came because of GamerGate but stayed because you guys are the only ones that seem to understand?

Is that really anything like an existential crisis?

My existential crisis manifests as waking at night screaming maybe two, three, times a night. Other than that my life is great. The crisis is the realization that I am such a small part of the world that it does not matter how hard I try, I can only make very small changes.

If I would want to feel like making a big change, I would have to ride a wave and pretend that it is of my own making. But the wave is made elsewhere, I merely ride it to live a fantasy of freedom, righteousness and power. We live in a forcefully controlled world - Orwell doesn't have shit on modern day anymore, we out did 1984 years ago.

Play Soma. The story is great. The mandatory horror elements are slapped-on bad, but the story is really great - like insanely good for a video game.

Don't spoiler this for yourself. Play the game. The story is that good.