/ogc/ Raging Game General - Bloodbath(hurst) Edition

The race ended in a red flag, Audi won.
What game has the absolute best crashes? My personal vote goes to Wreckfest but Burnout 3 had the best feeling of carnage in rage events.
Also I may or may not have somehow made this thread by accident on a completely unrelated board.

Other urls found in this thread:

drift-girls.wikia.com/wiki/Drift_Girls_Wikia
please
archive.is/kAuw8
blog.codemasters.com/community/01/treat-em-mean-keep-em-keen/
store.steampowered.com/app/782070/Wangan_Warrior_X/,
store.steampowered.com/app/389670/Formula_Fusion/
media.8ch.net/file_store/c5f87bca63f40686ea3368c1fa79b5b732db3d3da1fa322cb7554fb88e09618c.png
ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia
twitter.com/DelkoDuck/status/962186597310529536
twitter.com/RacingApexGame/status/962304582339702784
my.mixtape.moe/kbcmpk.7z
soapboxrace.world
archive.is/PrqPS
igcd.net/vehicles.php?make=Ford&model=Bronco
assettocorsa.net/competizione/
walmart.com/ip/Thrustmaster-T150-PRO-Force-Feedback-Racing-Wheel/55246523
beamng.com/threads/nordschleife-reuploaded-need-help-to-improve-quality.35143/
youtube.com/watch?v=-qUJc20yu28>>14392791
reddit.com/r/gtaonline/comments/80eqzl/another_ie_shitpostmeme/
gta5-mods.com/vehicles/semi-realistic-car-physics-v
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sadly Burnout 3 will be the best it will be. The guy that developed that physics system apparently died after the game was made. There's a dedication to him in Burnout Revenge if I remember right.

Damn, that sucks. It always felt like future Burmnout games (especially Paradise) were lacking in the feeling 3 had with its crashes.

Are there any racing games with dating sim components?

Do you want to date a Ferrari user? I do.

In all seriousness, maybe Drive Girls, but that's a beat-em-up about girls that turn into cars and the driving in that looks lame.

Wreckfest, except it's a slow moving Early Access.

There is one, but it's on phones only and for japan. Drift Girls.

drift-girls.wikia.com/wiki/Drift_Girls_Wikia

A Ferrari would probably be stuck up, I'd rather date a Lancia or an Alfa, if we're talking Italian.

Street Racing Syndicate? Outrun?
These are more like games with girls in it

Now if we're talking cars to fuck. A Dodge Charger would be one night stand material, a trashy whore one.

please use archive.is/2018/2/3/16968222/scott-speed-iracing-suspended

bah archive.is/kAuw8

Holy tism Batman, Sim racing was a mistake

I guess. If only arcade racing wasn't a lost art. I've played some recent attempts at it and I just don't feel the hype.

Everything is affected by the real world. In the 80's and 90's there was money and optimism, ergo from movies to games were made to celebrate that.

Been a while since we've had either as a collective, so all that marches on is depressing "realistic" racing games.

So all that's left are a few dreamers doing their best, and Triple A working on games you don't really wanna play.

How are realistic racing games depressing?

I want something like Wipeout's aesthetics, burnout's aggression rewarding/incentivizing, and… some kind of almost shooter-esque mechanics as well. Wiprout's weapons but with more bass, and stuff I guess.
I know it doesn't exist, just saying.

I hope David Kaemmer just randomly keels over and dies one day and that the source code to iRacing becomes public domain. Then we can finally leave NR2003 in the past where it belongs for good.

Because he sucks shit at driving ahuehuehue

What a dumbass giving up that sponsor money.

Split/Second and Blur flopping was basically the death knell. R* made a late call on Red Dead Redemption's release date that was on the date Disney had already booked down with retailers for S/S. Blur launching the next week also split the sales and Activision was already looking into dumping Bizarre because Acti didn't like the terms for the F1 license and Bizarre didn't want to do the NASCAR game. Never mind that god awful Mario Kart parody commercial campaign completely sank Blur. That sort of high-concept AAA arcade racer is almost a dead genre. Driveclub was a PGR style hybrid but ended up being a really boring Project Gotham once you get over the weather effects while Forza Horizon pushed it to open world. That Hot Wheels expansion is probably as good as we'll get in terms of a big high concept arcade racer with a good budget behind it for a long time, unfortunately.

Maybe depressing isn't the right word. But sims focusing on letting you drive real cars on real tracks in a realistic mater is just duller compared to driving a bat with wheels on a track with loop-da-loops at Mach 1 making turns on a dime.

I mean sims, even simcade games have their place, but that seems to be the only thing that gets pushed out and it's just over saturation at this point. Out of browsing for racing games on Steam, most of what you get is "Kids first Top down racer" or "Unity template racing", or "How the fuck did this get here?"

Only ones I found were
Which while face paced Seemed more Space Harrier then F-Zero
Which looks pretty cool, but is more about flying then someone might like
And some up coming stuff like
Which looks like cheap unity so. Probably won't scratch my TXR itch it's clearly looking to.
A nice looking Outrun clone but no release date so ehh
Also GRAVEL, Drift19 and a new MX VS ATV (how are those not dead yet?). And the Crew 2 I guess but that's more an MMO grid sim with bits of Crusing and racing.

Ehh guess Arcade isn't as dead as I think.

I really wanna like Blur and Split Second, but their handling feels pretty stiff, Split Second has fascinating and fun single player variants though. Burnout with destructible environments never.

I might preorder Gravel and Onrush.
But I suck at Motorstorm.

Don't give the jews at codemasters any of your money

blog.codemasters.com/community/01/treat-em-mean-keep-em-keen/

What car would be a pure qt christian waifu? And why is she the twingo?

store.steampowered.com/app/782070/Wangan_Warrior_X/, for anyone interested and for the impatient waiting on Toge 1995.

Test drive unlimited

Niggers have to be erased.

Daily reminder that Anti grav racing games > everything else.

Here are some (steam) arcade recommendations:

That was horrifyingly bad.

Since nobody played it due to the fact that Split/Second and RDR came out same time, I only know one person who actually bought that game. At least Split/Second got some press for being a title nobody noticed due to being same week as RDR, but Blur got nothing. Both S/S and Blur had their sequels canned but at least S/S bothered to put the game back up on Steam 5 years late while Blur just let their game get pulled down, leaving Blur stuck in the abyss of forgotten games.

It's a shame too, simulation/realistic racers keep popping up oversaturating the market and making it so only the super autists who only want to play GT3 cars on Spa are the only racing games around.

Have you tried Redout yet? It's been sitting on my Steam wishlist for a while now. Not sure if I should buy it or just stick with emulating old anti-grav games since they're probably better any way and most indie games just ripoff older titles without adding anything new and thus have no identity of their own.

man s/s was fun, fucking everyone over with exploding track and all those irritating traps you could fall into.

Why do so many devs lately go to shit

You don't want to drive a car designed for safety by a priest?

Give me something Japanese like a R34. Looks great, low maintenance, and does everything I tell it to without any back talk whatsoever. The perfect subservient car girlfriend.

Anything that causes jewish butthurt is OK in my book.

A christmas cake R32 would be better.

I know they're the racing form of EA now, it's sad and frustrating.

Redout is good, just hard to get a good handle on since you have to deal with adjusting the pitch of your car during turns.

Which cargirl has the biggest tits?

you don't go for cars then

This is the first time I haven't had to make the OP in months. Is /ogc/ becoming great again?

Dating?
I can go one better.

Did someone really destroy an S13 for the purpose of building that monstrosity or do my eyes deceive me?

Busses are old italian grandmothers who look manlier than a 20 year old man.
A bus covered in anime regalia is that mixed with that one pic of the old man in skater gear saying "hello fellow children".

You know this bitch has some nice juicy German tids

I love when she gets smashed and squirts like the dirty whore she is

Fucking L-E-W-D

Gonna give this a shot. Hopefully it has some wheel support.

For once some random guy stalled out in the middle of the track ended up helping me out instead of fucking me over. Thanks for helping me out with the easy pass guy.

At first I was only following the jokes along but now I got a chub.

Me too. Anybody play CarX Drift Racing Online? I played it a while ago and had some fun but then it stopped working after some update. I just downloaded it again and they have tons more car customization. There's actually a reason to grind out cash now.

Posting more driftwagens

Good to see someone else loves their station.

DiRT Rally for $10 over at chrono.gg
Ends in 7h

It's garbage. If you've ever played Wip3out or Redshift, you'll have played superior games. Redout glues you to the track so hard it really throws the whole balance. That said you can go really fucking fast and actually feel like you're going fast but still have control. Redshift does this much better though and has better tracks. They also have these (somewhat) random tracks where you pass through gates and it takes you to a different track which is really cool but the damn gate smoke effect would lag my computer like hell even though the rest is fine.

Preorder skins are fine, too bad for that veichle

Fuck Redout and the devs after trying to sue Digi Foundry just for proving the vanilla game had shit framerate on Xb1. I'd rebuy the Wipeout HD2 collection if I knew the original devs were gettin paid

Dont forget to support the original dev's "revival" of Wipeout; Formula Fusion

store.steampowered.com/app/389670/Formula_Fusion/

you can not censor the truth. YOU CAN NOT SILENCE THE VOICES OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE. people deserve to know that the corruption is real. TRUTH IS JUSTICE. mark and his biased and corrupt abusive moderatorship should step down and hand the board off to responsible people who do not abuse power and censor people. they are playing with the ability to ban people like a game for their own enjoyment.
save this before it's taken down. they don't want you to find out what is going on
media.8ch.net/file_store/c5f87bca63f40686ea3368c1fa79b5b732db3d3da1fa322cb7554fb88e09618c.png
http s :/ / me d ia . 8 c h .n e t/ fi le _ s to re / c5f8 7bc a63 f40 686 ea336 8c 1fa 79 b5b 73 2d b3d 3d a1fa3 22c b75 54 fb 88e0 9618c .png

Anybody know of any good games with mouse steering?

Dirt Rally

you contradict yourself

ETS2

not an s13

So are there any meme mods/cars/tracks for Generally?

That takes me back

Fucking plenty from the top of my head, all my GR content is stuffed away on several HDs though so kinda pointless of me making this post.
Depending on how things go for me if you stick around these parts another half year or so I might be tempted to go back through everything and publicly index my shit for everyone once and for all.
In total, no word of a lie, I have around 15000 tracks and 3000 carfiles from when I checked about a year or two ago in a collection that I started in 2010 post-site crash and have taken on multiple older members of the community's entire collections in the years since, so there's got to be some memey shit in there. Just sorting it is the problem. Removing duplicates, taking 1080p shots of cars that are 40 polygons at best, reuniting files with their readmes and other assorted media, you get the picture. Way too much work for one man with personal, social and vocational priorities.
TL;DR I'd wager I have at least 70% of everything ever created for the game since 2002 in my possession. I'd drop my email so you could hold me to that promise but I know for sure some assfaggots would fill it up with shit.

Does /ogc/ have a site or a big fat list of good racing vidya, I have linux running on my laptop so I can run older games with wine and I'm looking for suggestions for other old racing games to try.

We have a wiki but I dunno the last time it was updated. ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia

Went to the Wangan Warrior X disagreement to get news on the game since it got delayed. Apparently Demo comes "Soon" and it will have wheel support.

I'm looking for a good NASCAR game to pirate for the PS3, since I recently got that off the ground. I know NASCAR's featured in small capacity in GT6, but wanted to know if there was anything worthwhile.

I fucking hate F1 racing.

midnight club 3 remix

Learn to work your throttle boi

I much prefer touring cars and gt's.

Good taste: Confirmed

It's only my second f1 race so I'm getting used to shit. TC and GT's are so much more fun though. I miss them.

well there's generally-racers forum and it's tedious to skim through all of them and find some nice maps or cars, so I just gave up and came here hoping somebody would just drop some names
car in my webm has crashed the game 10 or so times already by going out of bounds

Funny you should mention that, I logged back in to see what was going on and barely 10 minutes later James (the current owner of the source code) came back for the first time in 18 months with an apology piece about how GR 2 is in obvious developmental purgatory and that everyone should suck his dick until it gets released sometime in the early 22nd century.

As I feel up to it and we were on the subject of memes, have all the Singlestops I could find with my directory search (currently up to 5000 individual cars with a screenshot, have been for quite some time)

Open wheeler of peace.

Technically… Well, vanilla cars don't work well with soft, but immovable objects.
Faster car does better, but it's still not good enough.
At least there are pit stops!

what's the best f1 game out there? I'm talking about a compromise of best looking/realism

Burnout Takedown.

I went and bought GT Sport because I found it for $35 on Amazon. I really disliked the demo when I tried it out but after playing it in its current state I have to change my mind. Physics are actually pretty damn good and the FFB feels good too. The game looks incredible and the sounds are alright as well. Gameplay is legit and online is organized pretty well. They added in offline mode with various campaign challenges and it actually feels somewhat like old GT games.

All in all I'm actually pretty fuckign surprised at how good this game is, especially considering how trash I thought ti was pre-release. If you're a console pleb stuck with a PS4 this is easily the second best game out right now, Assetto Corsa is still number one, it's FFB and physics just can't be touched by anyone else on console, and then PCARS 1 is a very distant third, and PCARS 2 is such a distant 4th that it might as well not even be competing(PCARS 2 is horrendous on PS4, it looks PS2-tier and the FFB is an outright unfixable mess.)

I wish they would have just left consoleplebs out of the equation so they could make a better game

unfortunately my old but still damn well functional g25 doesn't werk on ps4 because reasons and fuck me, basically. racing on pc only, i'm not buying another wheel.

Imagine being so asshurt you fuck your own shit up in real life to ram someone's virtual motorized tin can.

Barging in to say Gas Guzzlers Extreme and trackmania turbo are shit, the others I either played and they're good or I haven't.

Nadeo died when they accepted ubisoft as their masters.
Just play united forever, forever. If you thought "forever" was a meaningless part of the name you were wrong.

I could usually give a shit less about taking pictures in a video game, but Jesus Christ does it look nice in this game.

Indeed, it's a hell of a lot better than the game that launched and other than rebuilding that car/track roster right up they have a strong base with which to build GT7 and any future titles. Believe me, if they continued with the way they were going with GT6 the franchise would be dead by the next two games. New packaging but with the same faults carried from the predecessors, exacerbated over time. I'd sing praises over the quality of the new "Super Premiums" as they are known over the badly-ported PS2-era models but it seems judging from the chimpout that ensued last thread when I brought it up that most /ogc/ anons are perfectly fine with settling for shit so yeah, PD should totally put in all 569 variations of the 3000 poly R32 - R34 Skylines in the next update.

that doesn't look like f1 or realistic at all, why must you lie to me, user?

Why did you the cucumber fucker for this news or use hooktube instead?

Why did you use the cucumber fucker for this news or use hooktube instead? (error corrected version)

Well it has a f1 car.

It has few instances where you play an F1, but once you going for 100% of the game, you get to do one final grand prix of f1 racing, it's fast and turning safely is almost impossible without actually slowing down. realism is fuggen gay, no matter how real the car is, you're not in the damn car

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. The reason people play car sims or any other type of sim for that matter is because they have no chance of actually doing that activity in real life but desperately want to. It's one of the foundations of video games, to live out a fantasy. No one on here is ever going to get to drive a real F1 car, but people that are huge fans of F1, or just appreciate the technology and abilities the cars have, want to be able to experience what it's like to some extent. The reason you think it's retarded is because you don't care about cars and as such don't understand why someone would want to live out that fantasy, in any way that they can.

,>>14291926
you're still not in the car.

Realism doesn't make a good game, but what the fuck are you even on about

Does anyone have some AC tracks to recommend?

Bathurst. You can grab it from RD.

what this from?

Gran Turismo Sport. I added in the music though, it's some song that every time it comes on in my playlist it makes me think of old Gran Turismo games. It' called "High Score!" by a guy named "Falco." My ID may be different btw since I'm using a proxy but I'm the same guy.

The big problem with GTS is not so much babby's first iRacing. It's that the logical suggestions like concentrating on making the core game better were just booted out by Kaz because he's afraid of becoming irrelevant and that the new one had to be FIA endored, e-sports focused etc. Problem is, the Sim community hates it (And not just James) because they Safety rating is biased to no contact at all compared to other games using a safety rating or TrueSkill rank which will let you away with paint trades and rubbing. People even discovered you can bump draft on some tracks like the ovals and Tokyo expressway, which is totally legit strategy in Stock and Touring and usually legal as long as you don't hook the bumper. But it immediately kills your Safety rating. So it's creating a culture of overly cautious racing where no one goes for gaps and even the slightest paint trade or bumper tap will get you in trouble. That's all fine in Proto or Open Wheel but the game has you mostly in stock, rally or touring. GT has enough fanboys to keep the online sustainable, but then GT Fanboys. They don't actually like their game, they just hate yours.

Also the rally physics are completely asshole and feel like you are on ice without snow tires and the speedways suck ass because the game doesn't tell you how to drive them properly. Blue Moon is a fucking pile of suck because everyone either brakes hard at Turn 2 or tries to take Turn 2 flat. It's an obvious rip off of Pocono with higher banking but you still have to race it like Pocono. Throttle off, Glide in, feather the brakes and accelerate on the Apex to come out clean near the wall. They only solved some of the problems from 6 and added new ones instead.

I thought the rally physics were alright. They're a little slippery but that just kinda makes it more fun IMO.

This might be the year drift stage comes out.

twitter.com/DelkoDuck/status/962186597310529536

Also there's this

twitter.com/RacingApexGame/status/962304582339702784

Meanwhile no word on 90's arcade racer

Not everyone have the opportunity to drive a forklift for a living.
Same thing with eurotruck simulator.

Unless you are literally crippled, yes you do. You don't even need to have a high school diploma. I'm surprised that some of the people at my work haven't just wandered into traffic or eaten Tide Pods.

You need to be certified in order to be able to drive a forklift, something that I was never offered when I was working in a warehouse.

Depends on what country, here in europe you need to apply for courses to get a forklift license that costs a bunch of money.
And that is before you even apply for the job that might not be available after you pass the license course.

I would understand those "simulators" existing for the same reason as simulators of road rules that allow you to get a driving license.
Basically to try out how everything works in virtual reality before getting a job.

you re dumb if you think people would go out of their daily lives to go and do all the hassle of the real activity often, the advantage of the simulator is that it's there in your desk at home, surely they would if they had a loads of free time and that implies they have the money too, but the average people would only do the real activity once or twice a year, how often do you go and rent a supercar? do you double tow a semi truck often? people wont go through lots of papers or risk paying damages, even paying for a small bump on a forklift would be kind of disappointing experience and that is assuming you find someone willing to let your inexperienced ass drive. Second is that these simulators are most times very simplified compared to the actual thing.

What's a good rally game at the moment? Something with easily user customizeable skins for weeb paint jobs.

Simulators are cool. Euro Truck is comfy as fuck, and racing sims are great. Suck my dick anti-realism fag. I enjoy arcade racers too. Look at all this fun I'm having.

Dirt Rally, WRC 7 seems to have decent enough reviews, Sebastien Loeb Rally, RBR. I don't know which of these has easily customized liveries, so you'll have to look into that.

The Dodge Viper from NFS MW 2005 can achieve whooping 508 km/h (315 mph), with fucking stock transmission.

The sunsets in GT Sport are blowing my fucking mind.

LOL, seems legit.

Sorry I'm still spergin out over this game. I'm just pretty impressed with it. If you've got a plebstation 4 and a compatible wheel, I really recommend getting it.

One more to quell my autism.

One more, FML. It's just so retardedly good.

Do you race any other tracks?

Only when I have to really. Although I do like Bathurst. Nordschleife is the perfect track IMO, it`s the ideal section of back road.

Good taste confirmed. I'm like you in the sense that I tend to only race Bathurst.

Sperging out about the intricacies of racing games is what we're here for. Glad to see you're having fun. The visuals on GTS are certainly quite nice. I race PCars 2 so it does compete visually, but there are some things that look better in GTS. Nordschleife is my favorite track as well. Bathurst is up there as well. Laguna Seca and Spa are up there as well.

Everyone else weigh in. Favorite track?

I just said "as well" in three consecutive sentences. I am the sperg now.

High Speed Ring.

Fuckin old school

The livery system in this game is how it should be in every single game. The creation system itself has a lot of depth in it, so all these people spend hours making these amazing liveries, and then they upload them and anybody at all can use them. It's the perfect system for lazy fucks like me.

The livery editor is one of the main reasons I love Forza. Does GT Sport allow you to take user created vinyl groups to use on your own custom paints for cars? Because it's easily my favorite feature in modern Forza games.

Not sure to be honest. All I've been doing so far is just downloading pre made liveries and then applying them. I've only gone into the customization myself at a surface level.

Dam GT can do carporn right

They're planning on future-proofing the series a bit by having car models worked on for like, 6 months per car. I expect GT8 to use the Sport models to some controversy.

Is there an /ogc/ guide somewhere that covers newer and/or cheaper racing wheels? I wanted to get a G29 but it doesn't ship to my country, and everything that does seems a bit fishy.

There is a god…

G27, G29, G920, and Thrustmaster T300 are the go-to's. T150 is cheaper than G29 but I'm pretty sure it's a shit.

T150 Pro could maybe be worth it with the pedal upgrade.

Anyone racing on SRS?

If you guys aren't completetly burned out of Dirt Rally yet, I ported over some of Dirt 4's engine sounds for the cars that needed them the most.
The lancias no longer sound like ass, the quattro now has some bite and the ibiza no longer sounds like it's got it's soundtrack from a ps2 game.
DL:
my.mixtape.moe/kbcmpk.7z

Some preview webms.

Good work, user

Nice! I might redownload Dirt Rally again for this.

anyone play choro q?

fuck yeah I played the shit out the ps2 games and the n64 one.

I wish Takara would partner with Polyphony for a Choro Q-GT tie in.

soapboxrace.world

For anyone who doesn't know, NFS World is back with private servers and actually free to play

I just now realized that you can pause replays and enter a photo mode where you can walk around and take photos from any angle you want. Not sure if other games have this too and I've just never noticed but I thought it was kinda cool.

Again, Forza. PGR4 as well. I'm honestly really glad the competition has gotten the GT series to make some upgrades, but sadly Forza Motorsport itself has been declining. At least Horizon 3 was good.

It's been like that since GT4

Tried a few laps on Highlands on AC with the Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale
I came buckets
That car is just too good

I won the Tomahawk pic related from the daily workout gift in GT Sport the other day. Anyone have any experience with this thing? It's just so retardedly quick and seems almost impossible to keep on the track, what's the secret to not killing yourself in it?

Ahhhh, I see. I haven't played Forza since 2 PGR since 1, and minus the extremely limited time I spent on GT 5 haven't touched the Gran Turismo franchise since 3, so this is all new to me.

It's a really good car. The Huayra BC they recently added also is pretty insanely quick FYI, I'd recommend giving it a go too.

Gravel is still looking nice. Snow track looks comfy.

drive slowly

that's a ridiculous over-exaggeration, they literally laser scan it then map the textures and it's done, not to mention they could throw premium gt6 cars into the game and nobody would be able to tell the difference at all

lul, it's almost impossible. It gets up to over 400 MPH seemingly almost instantly and then becomes a twitchy mess because all these little flaps start sticking out and start directing the air all over the place to make it turn instantly. I'm fairly certain the car is certifiably insane. I saw some video where someone managed a low 3 minute time on the Nordschleife with it.

the graphics combined with the retarded vehicle movement and physics is surreal

Beware the skid lift demon.

git gud

Are you saying a random Youtube video lied to me?

I wouldn't say Forza is declining. It's just that Horizon has been eclipsing the main series hugely and the main series has been really conservative in sticking to the car collection and racing angle. Forza 7 is a good, solid racer. It's just starting to look a bit uninspired compared to the competition which has big seasonal competitions, pit strategy etc. At the very least, Greenwalt said he's really aware of it and they are looking into more fantasy tracks over real circuits or scans of city streets (Dubai, Rio and Prague circuits were made using the same methods of Project Gotham). They seem to have delayed a bunch of stuff and then stealth dropped the Febuary DLC (Which is amazing because the Bugatti Chiron made its game debut in it). There was rumored IMSA and Rallycross expansions along with Mid-Ohio and Mosport have modern scans available but then the whole backlash over lootboxes which made them nerf the economy massively might have made them completely rethink how they are approaching the game (Microtransactions haven't been enabled yet but they will be probably as useless as F6 and FH3 because the game literally throws money at you. Buy a bunch of expert mod packs and you'll get a TCM/ABS removal for 90% + XP boost. Pair it with a Forza edition and you'll be fucking up if you don't make 250,000cr per race). I wouldn't be surprised if they drop a free location randomly.

I'm hype for TT Isle Of Man.

Now do it in vr

reminder that this is what burnout 3 would look like in vr but with cars and car parts flying everywhere, we will never be graced by the lord

Looks good!

(checked)
I might be able to soon enough. PSVR is about to go on sale for $199 here in a couple days and I was thinking about getting it. I'm just not sure how good it'd be since I have a bse model PS4 and there's no way I could put the camera 6 feet from the headset based on how I have to sit to use my steering wheel.

*base PS4

F-Zero looks fun, but I haven't played it. Wipeout is complete ass though.

How dare you.

Yes, hooktube.

Why?

Apart from when the GTS servers are down like they have been every weekend I try to play this game

LOL, you're a faggot and have absolute shit taste.

Most people see direct linking as a negative. There's always someone who cries anout not using a webm or hooktube. I'd rather not deal with it.

Using Hooktube is a far worse negative. Hooktube's player is complete fucking garbage, and their embeds are even worse. If it's just the Hooktube link, then it's annoying but I can at least convert it to a Youtube link so I can watch it on a proper player. When it's embedded, it's just straight up impossible to extract the proper link.

Stop being a cuck and giving in to fedora tippers.

Yes give shekels to the (((youtubers))) goyim.
:^)

The only fedora tipping I've been seeing lately has been from anti hooktube fags.

Oh, well shit. I don't know why copying the link from the embed just gives me a super long google link and doesn't take me to the hooktube page when pasting it in the URL bar, but okay then. Still way too much work just to get around this autistic shit.

*tip*

your own fault, i wish people here wasn't pretending to be ethical paragons or fighting the NGO by complaining against youtube links, and if it's such a fucking problem then Mark should just fucking remove it for good if he's going to fucking edit every OP when it has a youtube link.
I see the convenience of it rather than the (+1) view but without ads.
Also your shitty hooktube has no thumbnails. You should leave the fucking keyboard battle to Holla Forums instead of doing it yourselves since you are still gobbling corporate cock at critical speeds, while being incredibly irrelevant.

Look at this projecting faggot with no manners.

racecars an sheeit

Its like the X1 from 5 all over again.

Source? Hope it's the actual full unit and not just the headset again.

archive.is/PrqPS
The GT Sport bundle is going to be $200. It includes the headset, GT Sport, and the camera.

I was hoping to use it on PC to fuck around in games that need VR, but that kind of sucks when it'll cost another hundred or so for the controllers which is the same price as one of those Windows Mixed Reality headsets.

yeah nah

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

KYS

You still watch the video on google's servers you dumb faggot, including a unique signature

Gas the bikes. Racecar now.

We must secure the existence of our racecars and a future for four wheeled motorsports.

I wasn't aware the yearly Moto GP game was a threat.

Bikes are a crafty and subversive bunch. They lull you into a false sense of security and then when your guard is down they come in and replace all the glorious white Honda racing cars with filthy black Hayabusa's at the Indianapolis 500. They're trying to systematically destroy our motorsport. This is why motorcycles have been kicked out of 109 countries over the years.

Racecars or Racists? Our thrilling expose on Holla Forums Motorsports tonight at 11

Not sure other than I own the T150 and a G920. Apparently the G29 has some minor inaccuracies with the extra dial? Otherwise, it feels great in use and the force feedback is nice. Not as autistically customizeable as the older Logitechs but still good and the profiler is a godsend. The T150 is a good entry level FFB if gotten for $150 for less. Cheaper feeling wheel, but still really sturdy and strong FFB motors. No profiling software which makes it a pain for multiple game use. I've used it on PCSXR, PCars, DriveClub VR and OutRun 2006. Nearly same with the G920. If you get a G29/920 for a good price ($200 or less) it really feels great and I'd recommend it. The Logitech shifter is also pretty affordable. Otherwise, the T150 Pro is cheaper but gets you a tri pedal setup so you can add a shifter later and not worry about pedals. It's solid deal but you can also think about the T300 which has more PC software support, if I remember right.

Also, side note, I think I might have posted a long ass time ago, but I got a Playseat Challenge to have a mount+chair to sit in for racing. It's alright but a bit overpriced. I paid $200, would rather it be $100-$150, since it's not amazingly comfortable. It is really easy to pack away if I need space for something though.

Yeah it has a tendency to skip registering a value or double-register about 50% of the time. About the only gripe I have with the wheel though, and it's not a primary function by any means. Still useful for adjusting brake bias on the fly or whatever else.

Sometimes I wonder if the dial struggles when the wheel's brain is preoccupied with steering or maybe even pedal inputs. I wanna say that it works really well if your are stationary or just coasting down a straight, but then will struggle when actually driving, although it's been awhile since I actually tested this theory out and I may be full of shit.

That's possible. 4 axis and ~20 buttons through a USB could get confused. It could be worth some semi-empirical testing.

does Dirt 4 have mixed surface rallies yet?

I ended up going with the T150 pro for $300. None of Logitech's wheels would ship to me and the T300 ended up being $550 after shipping, which was just out of my budget/patience window. I might look into one of those Playseats if I can find one locally, but I'm doubtful.

If you're in yurop, playseats should be much easier to get. The only reason I have a challenge is because it was actually available at a store so I picked it up instead of spending an extra $50-$80 to have it shipped from the UK.

Welcome to the Big Boy Club. You're gonna have a good time.

Apparently not. Shame!

I'm still depressed at how Dirt 4 turned out. Really all it needed to be was Dirt Rally with even more tracks and cars.

Guys…. It pains me to announce this… But I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and get iRacing for MX5 Cup and Sprint Cars.

Watch out for failed former F1 drivers who are going through tough times and use their power level to shit on as many people as possible

To be fair, if I was in a similar position and had a surname like "Speed" i'd probably be a dickhead too. I'm a dickhead already, and I'm not in a similar position with a surname like "Speed".

What are some games featuring Ford Broncos?

igcd.net/vehicles.php?make=Ford&model=Bronco
IGCD is filled with spineless cucks last I checked but the site itself still has its uses.

Many thanks user
I notice this list doesn't include fantasy-branded clone vehicles like GTA cars (since AFAIK San Andreas had their version of Broncos)

The Bronco on PCars2 is such a cunt to drive on most circuits. Practically useless on rallycross tracks, but is somewhat fun on things like the Nordschleife. That game needs some Stadium Truck circuits.

Here's the trailer from the jews. In b4 loot crates.

The fact that EA makes money from this alone means nobody should buy it. Anyone who buys this and supports these jews deserves worse than death.

If the game is good, and it does not feature loot crates, I'll put myself on a diet where the only thing I swallow are my words.

Good Burnout or not, it's retarded they remake the latest entry in the series…

Well what can they fuck up (more than they already did, that is)? It doesn't look like they're making gameplay changes.

On the other hand, I just cannot be arsed to listen to Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne. She's what made me instantly dislike Paradise's soundtrack.

It's easier (an cheaper) to remake something you only have to add a little more bloom to, than something that needs a new engine.

New arcade racer by Codemasters
Looks neat, might be halfway decent for an afternoon splitscreen.

Even though cars look like toys, they remind me of Fuel (mainly because of style). Codemasters are a hit and miss, so who knows if it'll be good.

Pass.

Mite b cool.

I welcome more new super arcade racing games. I hope they stuff as many boosts, jumps, and loops as possible.

I just played it for the first time yesterday and had to turn off all the Guitar Hero 2 classic rock that I've heard a million times. Then "Girlfriend" popped up afterward. Horrible stuff. At least you can disable specific songs.

So in other words it's basically INSAN3 except they can't call it that because they sold the IP for literal pennies to some literal whos a la Flatout/Wreckfest.

There really needs to be a better name for that genre. It makes anyone who uses it look like they've never played an arcade racer (legitimate) before.

Well we can't call it casual racer.

Do you guys have any racing game infographics lying around? I recently bought a G25 and need some games. So far I've played AC and some SEGA Racers.

DiRT Rally, yay or nay? I know everyone says it's the best in the series but would it still be fun for someone that's never actually owned a rally game before, also, how is it with a G29, is the wheel good enough to counter steer properly? I know sometimes drifting with the G29 can be more difficult than it even is in real life since the wheel doesn't snap back to center nearly as quick as an IRL car. It's on sale on the PS store for $17 is why I'm asking.

I wasn't aware that games that aren't Initial D are needed.

>ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia

That's about the best we've got on hand. Definitely not up-to-date.

Yay. I play it on G29 and it's a joy. The stages are quite challenging even if they are fairly short, so prepare your anus for how terrifying rally is. The counter steer difficulty really isn't an issue as most rally cars have a low degree of steering wheel rotation.

I just had a silly thought.

F-Zero [spoiler]with rally tracks and mechanics,
on top of F-Zero's boosting and such[/spoiler]

Needs more spoilers on the front

Too bad this app uses stolen code for pcsx 2 and has questionable data collection. Also you not going to get fullspeed on any android devices due to low ipc and limited to crappy gpu drivers especially from ARM, Qualcomm, and Power VR.

Does this mean we'll finally get Big Surf Island?

Android can run Vulkan though?

Yep, it's an OK DLC.

I thought surf island was on PC too

That's pretty fucking great

I'm gonna get it. I had to order a new external hard drive just to be able to download it, but I kinda needed one anyways.

It's great, get it on PC though.

New Assetto Corsa game announced, or rather I guess it's a Blancpain game made by AC. Day and night cycles, weather, e-sports , and it's running off the Unreal engine 4.

assettocorsa.net/competizione/

I wish. I'm pretty sure my Sam's Club Dell special wouldn't be able to run it. I'm just a poorfag stuck playing ona second hand base PS4.

Forgot to post the trailer for the game.

those stock rainstorm sound effects ruined the trailer for me.

It reminds me of the intro for Quarantined by At The Drive In.

Trackmania Turbo is like 12 bucks for PS4, but I'm wondering if the modding scene for it is better enough on PC to wait for a sale for that or to simply pirate it. All the modding sites I'm looking at seem to be just for TM2.

The former devs of Motorstorm is working on not-motorstorm.

Is there any PC game with good graphics where I can dorifto in tight mountain passes while using pedals, a wheel and VR? Bonus if you can input your own music in the game.

This webm made me laugh.

Assetto Corsa, touge mod, run SoundCloud or something in the background.

This is great.

My iRacing review so far: The oval racing options are fun and dirt oval racing is represented well, as opposed to being non-existent in nearly any other games of the past 20 years. Road racing isn't much fun compared to other sims. The road cars are decent but the default setups are unstable as fuck. FFB actually isn't that good on my G29. I cranked the strength down in an attempt to get more information out of the FFB, but it's still pretty dull. Kerbs feel nice and sharp, but there's not really any front-end feel or weight transfer in the wheel. It's a good sim but not the best for road racing. I'll keep it around for oval racing and maybe some endurance events.

notices halo*
OwO What's This?

The downfall of F1.

I always wondered how the FFB was in that game. How are the physics in general? Nicki Thiim plays that game all the time and seems to enjoy it and he's an honest to god GT class endurance racer for Aston Martin, but he only just recently got his hands on Assetto Corsa since his old rig couldn't run it before or something. So not sure if he was just playing the fuck out of it because it was the only sim he had, or if he just really liked the way the game handled in relation to his real life racecar.

I always see people sucking iRacing's dick but IMO it just never really caught my eye. I wouldn't be surprised if even my shitty laptop could run it to some extent.

Physics in general are pretty damn solid. All of the oval cars, dirt cars, and road cars I tried feel good to drive and have a good amount of personality as to how they handle. The obvious fault in the physics engine is crash physics and interacting with a wall, which is a common issue with most sims.

The cars give a good sense of mass when you're driving, especially over the edge. This is one thing I think iRacing does a bit better than some sims, but I'm not quite sure exactly what it is. In a lot of sims when you're out of control it just kind of feels like you're floating sideways off the track, but in iRacing it does feel a bit more like a real car crash about to happen. I just wish I could feel what all that mass was doing through the FFB before it's too late.

It has a lot of nice immersive things in its execution, but then the UI and graphics are pretty shit, so it kind of evens out. I wouldn't say it's worth the dick-suck unless you're into ovals or endurance. For road racing it'd be better to just join a league in a prettier sim.

I run the Nordschleife so much that even when I fuck up and can't see the track anymore I still go ahead and move the wheel for the turn that I should've been taken at that moment. I'm running on muscle memory. I run this track in my head sometimes when I get bored.

T150 Prothe one with the good set of pedals is on sale at Walmart for $129. At that price I'd probably go ahead and take my chances with TM's supposed reliability issues and get those if I was at all in the market for a new or first time wheel. walmart.com/ip/Thrustmaster-T150-PRO-Force-Feedback-Racing-Wheel/55246523

Reminds me of a lawnmower.

Pirate another game that has it then.
Assetto Corsa seems to be everyones go to and I know for a fact that Nordschleife is on it .

Which need for speed games are worth playing?
NFSU is really fucking fun and still holds up, but I'd like to have more games with different mechanics for when I get stuck in that one fucking race.

T150 Pro is a good deal for a starter wheel at that price. It's pretty smooth FFB and feels solid albeit plasticky. The 3 pedal is great if you ever want to add a shifter later.

Hey, hey user.

beamng.com/threads/nordschleife-reuploaded-need-help-to-improve-quality.35143/

Oh shit, I forgot to respond to this. Hot Pursuit 2 was always fun, NFS3 on PSX emulated and having a wheel is a good time, and NFSU2 is maximum ricing comfy. The older Most Wanted introducing the constant chases on the overworld is a pain in the dick, but it's otherwise more of the same for NFSU2, so if you want more of that, it's out there. That's about where my knowledge of the series ends, because I remember it eventually becoming more like a sim and not sim/arcade with you able to swap between the two styles, and it stopped being as fun.

If you enjoy PSX racing games, Rage Racer and RRT4 feel a bit different but are still a lot of fun in their own right, especially if you have a wheel and set up the NeGCon driver. One day, when RRV emulates better on PCSX2 and NeGCon support is better, I'll try that out with a wheel.

I had a shitton of old games that I needed to redownload after I bought that external hardrive so I didn't really get a chance to play DiRT until today, but man oh man can this game be fun, it's so intense sometimes and they really nailed the offroad physics IMO. I grew up going out to the country and sliding all around on gravel and dirt roads at ridiculous speeds as soon as I got my license, it's where I first learned vehicle control and how to not crash when being retarded, and this game just feels right to me. Although I don't really care for how is feels on asphalt, it's outstanding on most other surfaces.

Yeah man I keep it installed always because I drive gravel around where I live all the time, and I get the incredible itch to send my shitbox daily driver over crests and shit. I have to fire up D:R as soon as I get home just to get the urge sated.

Just as long as you two don't fuck up someone's private road, gravel can be fun. But I live on a gravel road and idiots destroy the road by screaming around blind turns at two or three times the posted speed limit. It's a bitch to regrade the road and it's not state maintained.

Nah. I mean- I drive fast on gravel, but not unsafe-fast. Until I have money for a rally shitbox, I keep the unsafe stuff to the game.

How's that game? Hot Pursuit is fun and all, but it seems to me that that's when the series started to go to shit with bad cheaty AI, unskippable cutscenes, slow-mo exposition and all.
That sounds fun, thanks. I like NFSU2, but I hate the cars in the game, they just seem so fucking wide and it throws me off.

Filename really makes it. Good work, user.

hot pursuit 2 has no issues with ai, get the ps2 version or don't get it at all however

What's wrong with the PC version, is it just bugs or is it dumbed down for some reason?

they are literally different games, ps2 version was made by black box (who made ug1, ug2, mw, etc.) and all other versions were made by some shitty local subsidiary company

Oh. Was it the same company that made the first hot pursuit? If so, that explains why it's so shitty.

the same company who developed hot pursuit 2 for all platforms besides ps2 developed hot pursuit for PC

Spontaneous weight savings.

What's everyone's favorite street racing type game? I know most people hate it but I absolutely love driving in GTA 5. I've put an embarrassing amount of time into the online portion of it just to be able to buy all the cool cars I have and I fucking love blasting around the city and the hills and having to avoid traffic while I just go for it. I've got every square inch of the map memorized by this point and it's easily one of my favorite things to do.

The jews at R* programmed the AI to purposely swerve into you so that you'd lose money while doing I/E missions since you have to pay for vehicle damages therefore limiting how much money you can make legitimately and causing the users to buy shark cards out of frustration , but to me it just adds to the challenge and I've still yet to spend a single dime on a shark card.

Bonus trivia, if you try to name your in game organization to "The Institute", which is the English translation of Mossad, it tells you have entered forbidden text and won't let you do it. It's the only non offensive word or pair of words that you aren't allowed to use. I always thought that was extra kikey and peculiar.

Yo I'm downloading WRC rally evolved to play on pcx2, what are some must play ps2 games to emulate?

TXR3. Midnight Club 3 maybe? Some dope ps2 NSF games?

I meant Need For Speed. Also check my double dubs

There's so much charm in WRC Rally evolved, it's hard to believe it's a licensed game.

The physics are sim-y, and the championship mode doesnt let you restart stages, this in the novice mode.

The co-pilot has so much personality and so many contextual lines, we pass wrecked evo and he shouts "WOO HOO" but if we pass a wrecked skoda he will either warn me I'm the only driver left beforehand or say nothing as we pass it, during another stage there's a rock fall and he has a reaction to that too. The game tries it hardest to make every track interesting with some tracks changing weather mid-stage, and some tracks have other crippled cars that you pass or some totaled cars on the side of the road.

I miss how some games let you unlock cheats or art with the game's "currency" and the silly cheats like low grav or helium co-driver.

I miss fun videogames.

So does the 3DS have any racing sims or any racing games besides Maereeo Kart?

midnight club 3, tokyo xtreme racer either zero or 3, hot pursuit 2 (ps2 version is superior)

this has existed in singleplayer since before online was released, your theory is fucking retarded, obviously they're just severely incompetent just like every other aspect of the open world in gta 5

youtube.com/watch?v=-qUJc20yu28>>14392791

fucked up the greentext at the end

Iirc in single player missions on GTA in general the traffic is non-random and is pre-determined

they're not going to lay out a path for the two miles you have to drive where the traffic is scripted, it's only scripted during car chases like every other gta game

Google AI after I/E update nigger. The cars constantly will decide to do a hard left in the middle of the highway to run into your car and drive up repair costs. FFS, this is the top post on r/gtaonline ove ron plebbit today, reddit.com/r/gtaonline/comments/80eqzl/another_ie_shitpostmeme/ pic related . Every single person that plays this game a lot is aware of the kamikaze AI update that came out after I/E. It's on ongoing meme at this point. So no sir, I think it is you that is fucking retarded.

this proves nothing, can guarantee retards are just noticing it now like how nobody noticed police didn't patrol the streets at launch

also fuck off back to reddit please

LOL, keep defending R*'s shitty business practises my man.

you're a fucking retard for playing that kiked, buggy p2p garbage in the first place

I kinda almost like the base physics in GTAV. However it's not enough to convince me to go online. Instead I use a trainer along with this physics mod ( gta5-mods.com/vehicles/semi-realistic-car-physics-v )that makes it fun to just access the DLC cars for free and bolt around in the map without having to worry about the online retardation.

the problem with any physics mod i tried to download is that the deformation causes a wheel to entirely not function based on a single crash which is retarded and borderline game-breaking

I haven't run into that with this mod, however with a trainer I could just turn on god mode for cars if it was that bad.

Other than the cars cornering too well I don't see why people go so autism over GTA Vs implementation of Euphoria/Bullet although retards seem to think R* crippled Euphoria because it's disabled in online mode, probably because making a networked version of Euphoria would be insane on server load, but its intact offline

Not that I even play online anyways, I jump on GTA V single player still once in a great while because I still think Free Roaming in San Andreas is comfy and I like flying the Boeing 737s and trying to land them in the desert. 747s are too big to land at Sandy Shores though in my experience. I even like how they went the extra mile to simulate turbulence on the planes while we're still on the physics engine

I don't hate them, I just think the cornering is a tiny bit too easy. Personally I like V's handling over IV's, which was the opposite and felt really bad and heavy. The slight tweak in the mod I posted works really well since the cars feel a bit more different and you actually have to break for corners (but not too much, it's still really arcady).

Fuck up, cunt with your gay shit and bad memes and GTA conspiracies. This is not the place.

Sims? Not that I'm aware of. Arcade? I think an Asphalt game and Ridge Racer 3D. I don't remember much else.

Not a racing game but Valkyrie Profile 2 is pretty neat to emulate.

Is that the new HP with all the slow-mo? I don't remember unskippable cutscenes in HP2, but I had the apparently bastardized GC version growing up. I'll have to try the PS2 version. NFS3:Hot Pursuit is pretty great still, emulated it in PCSXR with perspective correction and a wheel. HP2 was just neat to see the evolution of graphics and it didn't seem too wonky to drive so it was fun to learn some cars and get better, though I think I still rate Ridge Racer Type 4 higher than some NFS games.

Speaking of racing games, I'm going to try Drome Racers again. I have a feeling it's going to feel as generic and boring as the first time I tried it but I might feel differently now that I have more experience.

Hold on while I give a fuck about your opinion.

GTA meta-discussion is un-fucking-related to racing games

Its just cosmetics dude.

I hope this game brings justice.

Gravel is out. Looks pretty boring and physics look simple. But it does have wheel support, so that's something.

New thread.