cncnz.com/features/freeware-classic-command-conquer-games/
cncnet.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

rip in peace westwood

Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun is my childhood game
is there a download link for the complete games with all the FMV

look on myabandonware

Does it even work on windows 7?

You can get it to work though it's inconsistent.

8.1 used the same kernel as win7 right?

forums.cncnet.org/topic/5634-ra2yr-black-screen-windows-7/

LOOK AT MY BEAUTIFUL WEAPON

SOMETHING FOR THE MASSES

High explosive warhead or Anthrax warhead?

High explosive every time.

as if that's even in question

EA's the ultimate collection had music from all the CNC games before they decided to be assholes and remove it from the additional content section :/
I think RA2 works but weird shit happens. Hell EA fucked up so badly AV was detecting the RA2 exec as a virus lol

Sorry, no tracking numbers. :^)

High explosive..you have Toxin tractors to clear buildings.

I thought you don't like C&C Generals

C&C Generals Zero Hour is a really good game and has aged extremely well. People hating it were a meme and were basically fucking retarded.

RA2 + expansion does, I got it from there and it worked perfectly, widescreen fix worked great too. You just need to run as admin to prevent a glitch where everything dies 20 seconds into the game. I also updated Yuri's Revenge to v1.001 but don't remember why, but it says it fixes more glitches.

Essentially, yeah. It's still getting mods, isn't it? And it's still better than RA3 though Kane's Wrath is still a fun game from the little I played. I just wish I didn't suck so badly at RTS games. I can't into micro/macro and am even too retarded to get control groups to fight the weakness.

V3 LAUNCH UNIT

Man, I always have a soft spot for live action FMV

Who is this 'you' you speak of?
And you're wrong, Generals is well liked though there are good arguments for it not really being a 'true' C&C game.

Generals wasn't great, I didn't like it back when it was released, Zero Hour did improve upon it though.
Also is it me or are the units that were added to Kane's Wrath even more toyish than usual? Especially the Mantis, the Specter and the Hammerhead. I mean some of Nod's units looked silly to begin with like the Scorpion Tank and the Beam Cannon, but that didn't improve that side of things.

I was going to mention what said. I've heard complaints about it not having much to do with the rest of the series, but I think it's a solid game on its own. I know I've had a ton of fun with it and Zero Hour.

I liked Generals but the game feels like a hastily polished beta instead of a finished product because it kinda was.
Zero Hour was of course an improvement.

With zero hour, generals is pretty good, and that's even before mods.
The only people complaining are the ones autisming over how it doesn't have the sidebar that the other two series of C&C games do.

Is it just me or is that the trend with newer C&C games? I mean, Tiberium Wars is meh but with Kane's Wrath it's better? Vanilla Generals is meh but Zero Hour is better…nothing can make RA3 better though. RA3 seems..imbalanced even with Uprising.

I dunno, if you play any other generals other than Toxin, just use the tractor. If you're using Dr. Thrax's faction…everyone has Toxins so Scud Launchers are kinda useless.

The puddle of toxin from one of Thrax's scuds will fuck up pretty much everything in short notice. Seems pretty effective.

At least I can play RA2 again, Tiberian Sun keep glitching out for me.

What are some interesting mods to try for Generals or Zero Hour? I've never played any, only custom maps.

By the way, anyone played those scripted maps where enemy units get mass spawned and you have to either survive or accomplish some objective?

My two go-tos are Shockwave and Contra. I hear Rise of the Reds is good too, and it's made by the same people as Shockwave.

Can anybody help me install Tiberian Sun? everytime I try to install it, it keeps telling me to insert the CD, I have virtual drive but I dont see any ISO files

Okay so imagine youre the balance guy for Zero Hour. What general/nation needs a nerf/buff to make them more viable which general is most broken?

The one i can think of that should be fixed is laser tower artillery. That glitch where the laser defense towers locked onto info from others have the capacity to suddenly fire off a few shots past their normal range, killing infantry and damaging tanks..

Also the superweapon general needs paladin tanks to make up her land army but no access to crusader tanks.

What else?

Infantry general need at least the Gattling Tank, Tank General should have Inferno cannon because really, if there's a map that requires island hopping, the Tank General is fucked.

Gattling tank? Dont their infantry cover that niche? More vonourable then that sure but you know.

the tractor is basically useless tbh, it's only use is to clear buildings and even then it's not good at it because it's range is ass so it's more likely going to get totaled by rocket troops tbh

Superweapon Gen at one point did have Crusader and Paladin tanks but they were retardedly OP. You can still enable them with .ini files or use them in world builder. I will give a hint, they made EMP Patriots look tame

That's the thing..Minigunner's too vulnerable unless you put them in the transports. Better give them some kind of vehicle other than the crawler and the Outpost.

I recently had the exact same problem. turns out it was some shit with modern windows disabling securerom or some shit like that.
I managed to get it working by moving files around various downloads/releases. to be honest I don't know how I got it working

That'll be because EA wanted to spend the bare minimum of money on the base game and the expansion had to come along and fix it.

Shockwave is probably the default mod to start with then branch out from there.

Checked pcgamingwiki?

GLA in general needs a buff, probably the air general for USA also.

it's called contra

I'd say they need a nerf more. USA overall needs buffed while China sits about right.

Why don't developers just demand a massive budget but then underspend each year, so they can do all the shit they need and more?

he's shitposting

lmao like why don't we just print money and make everyone rich

I'd say infantry general needs a buff. I've never been able to mount an offense as him.

Superweapons general is weak at first but then it's just unstoppable when it gets Auroras and snipers.

Friendly reminder

his fuck up will never die

Fresh OC inbound

Choice, user.

I would never shitpost user, that would be highly irresponsible.

Publishers could just find another studio to do it for them.

It depends heavily on the general if we're talking Zero Hour (and vanilla), the Chinese infantry general is crap for example.

Superweapons general also has EMP patriots.

That'll be 11.99$ + tip

I'll file a complaint with the /k/ poster that uploaded it. In the meantime, your post motivated me to look up the name watermarked on the video and find the original.

If the studio is underfunding you it's a different situation than having too much and misspending like Mr. Shitface.

Fuck me I just realized I misspelled "Stealth." Fixed it now.

this is now old times thread

Chinese Infantry General can dominate on urban focused maps. Their troop crawlers are not too shabby either when equipped with Tank Hunters. Problem is they are heavily micro intensive. I've seen a few times where Infantry Gen has blitzed an unsusppecting opponent. He's still not as good as Tank or Nuke Gen though

I hate the troop crawlers so much. They seem to be a good idea at first glance but they'll explode as soon as a feather hits them and kill half of the troops inside and maim the rest.

The government budget mentality is highly contagious.

Contra mod does some pretty cool stuff for him. All of his buildings, for example, are garrisonable. All of them.

From God, to Kane, to Steth.

The problem is infantry are just inferior in the average map and are also hard countered by many unit types.

Hence micro intensive. If you boot those troops out they are still at full health.

Contra really is more fun than Shockwave, even if it does make things rather fucked balance and pace wise.

Hence why they are more a situational General. They are at least playable somewhat compared to say Chairforce General whom's best course of action in any MP match is to roll over and die.

So, to settle the score, what is the general consensus on:

And if you could have just ONE new C&C game, which of the three series would it follow, which of the three gameplay styles and how many modifications would you make to the established formula/take from other iterations?

Is Nod the best faction?

Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge. Those campaigns were so fun and memorable.
Nearly every game. The question is which DIDN'T have the best multiplayer. Red Alert 3 and C&C 4.
Mammoth Tank assembled!
Pic related They aren't the best gameplay wise, but just from theme and attitude Steel Talons is a blast to play as.
Tiberian Sun and it's post-apocalypse black future.
Depends on your preference. If you like simplicity, then it's Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge. Do you like a complex autistic RTS, then it's Generals Zero Hour. Do you like inbetween, then it's Tiberian Sun Firestorm.
Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge. Honorable mentions being the classic DOS games.
"You're worse than a pager Locke!" From Renegade, on the second mission. Ignore the turrets on the Gunboat secondary objective and Havoc will say the line, quoting Locke constantly repeating the same dialogue over and over.
Dawn of the Tiberium Age. That mod has been used in so many gamenights. WORSE THEN EASY AI!
It would either be the C&C 4 we should've gotten, or Generals 2. The pain will never go away of what EA did to the series. Not only was the last game so horrible, but the fact they cancelled Generals 2 a week before launch was just disgraceful. They deserved that Golden Poo award that year, and more.

Oh I should've mentioned, Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge is a close second for best aesthetics, with it's alternate Cold War 1960s setting with cheesy B-Movie themes.

Well yeh the airforce fag is just not useable though to be fair I'm not sure how you could balance a faction like that without it being either over or underpowered unless you overhauled the entire game.

Probably RA2, I actually prefer 1's slightly more grounded setting but 2 has better overall gameplay.
Anything pre-C&C3 ideally with a mod for balance and/or extra units.
I have a real soft spot for the Obelisk of Light even if it is a bit crap to actually use.
Nod followed by ISIS GLA.
Red Alert 1.
Tib Dawn easily.
Again probably RA2.
The background line from a news reporter where (((GDI))) blame military losses on funding cuts.
Probably DTA, maybe Shockwave but I think it mostly relies on cut content.
Generals, it got the least exploring as a universe.
Would be fine with either the Generals or the original C&C gameplay style.
I'd want a coop campaign because I fucking love those in RTS games and they're rare as dick.

Just restore a lot of the cut content. Pretty much what Shockwave Mod mostly is combined with porting in random shit from Red Alert and Tiberium games

Mein Freund!

Shame that for some reason, GDI abandons their mechanized units for tanks. And fuck who ever it is that thinks that the Wolverine be second tier compared to the Titan (considering that Wolverines are ST equivalent of the APC)

I always like the GLA as a faction in Generals. The Chinese are bleh (this is the faction that tries to be like the US faction but fail in many ways save for base defences and the Nuke Cannon, the Neutron shell make for good garrison clearer and best way to steal enemy vehicles.) and the US, well..I don't like them as much (I think the Superweapon General is cheap with the EMP Patriots and Laser General is such a cakewalk but I do love the Air Force General)

There's actually a story reason why GDI abandoned their mechs. The Commando's Mech C4.
As you know in Tiberium Wars, the GDI and Nod Commandos got their C4 upgraded. In the past C4 could instantly destroy buildings, but now they can also instantly destroy mech walkers. After the Firestorm Crisis where CABAL had that bigass mech called the Core Defender, which was a pain in the ass for GDI to fight. Add that with Nod working on their own mechs, the Avatars, and GDI needed a countermeasure. So they upgraded their Commando's C4 to be placeable on the legs of mechs, destroying them instantly. However, Nod managed to steal the plans for the new C4 and reverse engineer it for their own use, so with their mechs now obsolete thanks to this new C4, they went back to tanks.

Finally, a man of the blue zone instead of those filthy Nod mutants. Love for everyone! … But the mutants and Nod!

Steel Talons are the Black Hand's bitch.

go suck kane's tiberium cock

Remove (((Globalist Defence Initiative))).

Nobody likes the Scrin, huh?

Are you enjoying dying in the tiberium ditches for your CGI master while everyone else in GDI enjoys tiberium free zones?

C&C 3 no doubt. Nothing else in the series was as hype as the fucking Scrin invasion.
Any of the games except RA3 and C&C4.
All mech units and all Nod infantry.
Nod.
Tiberian Dawn.
C&C 3.
Tiberian Dawn.
"Who are they? Protesters?"
Every C&C mod is a clusterfuck of shit.
Tiberium saga. Remove timed missions.

The Scrin were introduced in the last C&C game made, their fans just haven't had the same amount of time to build up as Kane's cocksuckers and the (((Global Defense Initiative)))

Well, Nod's units in C&C 3 I thought wasn't that great…until I found out the joys of spamming bikes.

Oh come on. You telling me you didn't like stuff like the Black Hand troopers,the Redeemer and Venom spamming?

Also, we were just doing our jobs, which doesn't have quite the same dramatic ring as Peace through Power or DEFENDERS OF EARTH

Preferred the MARV over the Redeemer.

I will forever hate those hacks at EA for nerfing the Rage Generator on the Reedemer. It's the worst epic unit out of the bunch with only two infantry slots, a buggy walking locomotion and an inability to fire and move. Just fuck EA all around.

fuck off back to your ayy lmao planet, aliennigger

Actually the Redeemer beats the other epic units in a 1v1. It can also be cloaked by that cloaking ability.
Imagine chilling out at your base midgame and then suddenly a fucking giant robot shows up out of thin air right in the middle of your base washing your buildings with flame from its infantry slots.

REDEMPTION IS YOURS

There was a scrin saucer in C&C Renegade

>not destroying the huge cannon so the boat captain acts surprised to which Havoc replies "Can't let you have all the fun
Everything Havoc says is great.
>hehe

RA 2
i didn't have internet when i played and nwo I'm too afraid of humiliating defeat
stealth tanks.
NOD and Chyna
Renegade
too hard of a choice.
RA 2
if not havoc then "ak 47's for everyone, yaaaay! or "can i have some shoes"

Generals 2 or Renegade-tier in terms of dedication but in Red Alert universe.

Traveler-59 was may favorite faction in CNC3 followed by the blackhand. I always like the mind control faction in games. Yuri in RA2 as my personal favorite faction out of all the games.

oops, forgot to take off my flag.

The Redeemer is fun but it is rarely useful in an actual game.

The little amount of lore the Scrin have is so interesting.
>Reaper 17 are a literal Khorne death cult whose members willingly infuse themselves with Tiberium in a practice of self mutation/augmentation, which, on top of making them fucking insane, also fuels their eternal hatred for everything around them, and is widely known as the most violent sect of the Scrin, driven exclusively by the desire to absolutely, positively fucking destroy anything that stands between them and tiberium, hence why they have the strongest Scrin units, and also why their units have Tiberium shards protruding out of them. They're also just the 17th sect, there's at least 16 more.

The Scrin weren't just written away as "the aliens". They had an actual hierarchy with different tribes and cultures, and I love it, speaking as a Nod man myself.

Is it true that Kane's Wrath is supposed to be in 3 parts with the other 2 parts focused on GDI and the Scrin respectively?

I like that the scrin at heart are just alien crackheads who destroy entire worlds just to fuel their addiction and that they don't even see earth as a battle/war but more like a corporation having to put up with jungle primitives keeping them away from a gold mine.

Like most CnC games they had much grander plans but were cut short by underfunding and EA wanting to crank out content and move on to the next thing as quick as possible. Look into the amount of content cut from generals and zero hour. Instead of a linear series of battles the generals challenge mode was originally going to be like a megaman boss select screen where you picked your general then fought whoever you wanted as you saw fit and each faction was going to get a boss instead of just the China mega-boss.

No. It's solely a Nod campaign. Part 1 is set post-Firestorm as Kane works to reunify the Brotherhood. Part 2 is set during the events of C&C 3, where you do the several shadow ops that happened in the background, like Disabling GDI's Ion Cannons, bombing the GDI treasury, and pretending to be Killian. Part 3 is five years after the events of C&C 3, where you get the Tacitus back.

Also if you look. The Traveler insignia is the most edgy. Literally a scrinified mark of the beast.

Judging by how much lore Kane's Wrath brought to the table that was left in paper, and how it happens both before AND after the events of C&C 3, I think so.
C&C 3 had so much material to expand upon, it's astounding.

The Scrin wrecked everyone's shit a lot and Earth barely survived their initial arrival, and after all this clusterfuck the Overlord just gets a little annoyed and tells his subjects to prepare full invasion force. Earth will FALL.
But then C&C 4 happened

It still hurts. There was so much they could have done instead of turning it into a retarded half-assed MOBA clone.

Also
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_&_Conquer_4:_Tiberian_Twilight#Development
Thanks EA.

You know what's the worst thing after all this? Westwood is crawling back to EA.

That's just sad.

To rub salt on the wounds Westwood version of C&C3 had envisioned GDI, Nod, CABAL, Scrin and Forgotten as playable factions with the Forgotten meant to play a considerable part of the storyline being humanitiy's unintentional ace in the hole with the Scrin even scratching their heads at the shit they could do. Supposedly Forgotten were going to unleash Tiberium based powers on the Scrin and get the very Earth itself to fight back against the Ayy invasion. Whether this would have been good or not is up for debate

Not really, no.

That picture still triggers me.

Where'd you get that info on the Forgotten? Are there official documents anywhere?

Remember the good ol' days when people made games to be fun and tell a story and then those games gained a cult following and sold well. Instead of being released halfbaked as quick as possible and with a corporate strategy of stealing players from {X} Game, {X} Market or {X} Genre. Yeah, those were the days.

Forums posts by former Westwood devs on the Petrogylph forums. Look up Command and Conquer Incursion.

Reading the plot in the C&C wiki right now
What in the fuck, it was supposed to tie in to RA2?

Among other things
cncnz.com/gallery/cancelled-command-conquer-games-tiberian-incursion/
cncnz.com/gallery/cancelled-command-conquer-games-continuum/

Believe it or not people used to have enough creativity to make games that stood apart based on their own merit without needing to imitate whatever the current flavor of the month was. I pity the man who will never know of that simpler time.

Alternate timelines.

Should note that Westwood were planning on making a C&C MMO which would have been Planetside before Planetside was a thing, mixed with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. elements, and supposedly had base building.

Faggot, there was just as many copy cats and shovelware in vidya in the 90s. You've got some rose tinted glasses.

What do people think of RA3? Is it bad I couldn't get myself to finish it? The units felt like they just had no punch or power behind them, it was boring.

Boring was right..the Japanese units are the worse offenders which is a shame, I do like the Mecha/Jet Tengu design.

RenegadeX just got updated. They've added Commanders and a reskin to the Nod Light Tank to make it look like it did in TibDawn. They also re-added old Field.

renegade-x.com/forums/topic/75994-renegade-x-patch-531-released/

that's a retarded excuse, surely C4 designed to blow up mechs would also work well on tanks

why does nobody mention rotr

there are like thousands of dos game that are pretty good that no one will ever play.

I'll look through my files for you two.

Okay, this is what I got. The MiRROR release of C&C: The First Decade.

More info here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_&_Conquer:_The_First_Decade

I am including the 1.03 unofficial patch as well to the archive, since it fixes a lot of the bugs that EA introduced when they tried to update the games for Windows XP and other shit. It also includes a NoDVD crack.

More info here: cncnz.com/hosted-projects/command-patch/the-first-decade-unofficial-patch/

I had to include FFF's generic game keygen, since it works for the games listed. Malwarebytes lists it as a "riskware tool" cause it's from "a shady site", but it works, it's just a false detection and something to flag, since it used to pirate games. Ignore the "virus detected" bullshit.

Lastly, read the .nfo file on instructions. You're suppose to take the files from P1 and P2 and put them in one folder, since it's a big archive. It's a nearly 8 GB file. Please be patient as I upload it. I'll figure something out.

Maybe I didn't need the FFF keygen. Oh well, it's there, cause reasons. Also, old it works with other old EA shit.

I might keep this split and upload it into two parts on to my Mega.

Also, the bonus DVD isn't included. So you don't get the behind the scenes shit.

Why can't this happen in real life?

Kill yourself millennial, it was never anywhere near as bad as it is today. It's incomparable.

Because we want the nuke to go to New York or LA first.

>not wanting to deport all of its illegals and publicly hang all nu-males, traitors and (((journalists)))

way to be a no-fun faggot

that's even worse

Except Nod light tanks were grey, not fucking red.

they've made alt skins for vehicles on every map more or less

I honestly thought you were joking about that.

No teams are that fucking coordinated, and if you were retarded enough to let the enemy get all the crates you deserve to lose.

Yes. Be sure to search up an unoffical patch for RA2 on Ea's fourms so the RA2.exe wont be an actual piece of malware.

I'd understand it if the company who own GDI were downsizing to cut costs like the jews they are but this reason is trash and makes no sense what so ever, like this is the kinda shit which makes me think they thought mechs were too advanced for GDI so they gave them to Nod because "they the advanced tech faction that's highly mobile and super sneaky"

it happened all the time back when tib sun vehicles were drop crates and on Lakeside it's awful

Nobody said GDI were smart. They learned nothing from the first Tiberium war

So…why isn't the GDI work to make sure the C4 won't work on legs? I mean, extra armor on the legs would've been good..or have back up treads should the legs are damaged or something?

i had this friend who was really into strategy games, and he likes doodling massive battle scenes with stick people in his books. he'd draw like 200 actual infantry units in a 2 page spread
(Now he's in the Navy)
were you that friend, user?

crossteching scum reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I like engineer rushing, user. dont kinkshame me

Truth be told I loved techcrossing when I was a kid. Every campaign mission I would always make an effort to instead of destroying the enemy base, capturing it instead. My favorite mission in C&C 3 was that Nod one where you had to capture all the GDI and Scrin bases and use their weapons against them.

i did this exact thing when i was younger, in 7th grade. it was during the time when i didn't have a computer (i had had one before, but didn't at that time and didn't get one again until near the end of 7th grade), and the drawings were based on broodwar. unfortunately i had no friends at this time so not the dude you're looking for. sage for blogpost.

When I was 6 I always drew some Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert 1 bases and battlefields for fun. I loved trying to recreate the buildings in my shitty kid drawings.

I did the exact same thing when I was a lad. I'm a much better artist now and I have a do-nothing job with no supervision, why don't I draw up huge ass battles? What happened to me?

That's the mission where GDI and the Scrin would ignore your units until you attacked, right? I remember you could just put an saboteur next to every single GDI and Scrin building and capture them all in the same second to win the mission.

Yeah it is that mission. I never do it as that's no fun.

THE BROTHERHOOD HAS ENTRUSTED ME

maybe you're too invested in the details of the units as a singular entity, as a single drawing. for RTSes what I like to look at about the units' forms are how recognizable the silhouettes are

Fuck dota's skins/cosmetics. sometimes you can't tell which unit you're controlling. Good to know that CnC didn't push 'Sole Survivor' as an actual MOBA

the CnC3 nod is best version of this unit

We need more OC of the match that shall not be named.

No lie, Nod's EVA unit has such an amazing voice. I would pay EA good money to have him do some audiobooks.

I wonder how much OC there is to come?

Tiberium being cancelled still fucking hurts.

it looked like literal shit and you know it but the only reason why anyone wants it is the hope of not having you know what over this. no what actually looked interesting was the MMO

is the video of that match on youtube? makes it easier to spread

maybe stanks killed his family and he was getting pay back, you don't know

It's not on kiketube but here is the full match:
files.catbox.moe/zx5zuw.mp4
Should be uploaded as "Burgers play RTS"

fuck this shit nigga

maybe cutting the video only to highlight thestank massacre part should be OK

then I might just as well upload >>14278812's webm

If I have nothing but two engies and a few units I'm guaranteed to take over entire missions by force, regardless if I was supposed to or not, and it feels fucking great.
Ultimate test of skill right there.

Why would barbarians destroy structures when you can hurt people in much more cathartic ways

There's a higher quality mp4 around I think.

I'll upload the full match to my Jewtube later, since the mp4 is so big my potato struggles to upload it directly

Oh right, it's here
Could download it and chop the right bit out.

Rise of the Reds is a great mod. Rebalancing of the 3 original factions, two new factions, new music, new maps, and the addition of naval units. It's a really well made mod. Problem is it's for Generals Zero Hour, and Generals is a mix bag since it's not traditional C&C and more in line with the autistic Korean RTSs.

I get desyncs trying to play RotR online with friends, it happened so frequently we don't try anymore. We just play vanilla Zero Hour when it comes to it.

I still have my raw footage too, (and that's what that webm came from) I just have to find that part again and upload it somewhere.

Aren't there ((("free"))) voip phones you could install in an android emulator? Might be worth a shot.

I need a phone number to do this. I mean, if you guide me to some place where I can do this I'll give it a shot.
also got a quick tutorial in shotcut so I'm going upload cut from original .mp4.

I got tired of trying to replace previous video, so I just removed it. This one is 720p.

Alright here's the full match. Bear with Jewtube as it's still processing the higher qualities.

did you upscale it to 720p (at least)? you won't get 720@60 otherwise

It should be. I have no idea what I'm doing since I'm not a Youtuber. Give me a sec to check.

If is the raw footage, then it's 800x600. Unless you've opened it with video editor or conversion tool, you'll still have 800x600 video and YT only scales down, not up.
I mean, I can upscale and upload it on my own, now that I've learned it, but it'll take some time.

I really wish I watched this now tbh

Hold on. I'll reupload in a sec. I'm trying to see if I can fix the quality.

I meant live and at the time

Then just watch it here: files.catbox.moe/zx5zuw.mp4

I'm gonna have to get the resolution fixed so Jewtube won't downscale it.

I'm a dumbass. How do I upscale? I don't have any video editing software.

By editing the video. I grabbed Shotcut in a pinch and it worked (>>14289075 is the result and there IS 720@60) and it's not hard to use. Or you can wait for me to upload it.

Nah I can do it. Now that I know a program to use I should have something ready soon.

So while we wait for me to get the 720p60fps full match uploaded to my Jewtube, how about we talk about something I don't see discussed a lot on the C&C threads. The godlike music.

when's the next match?
also nigga I hope you made it 1024x768 at least

Don't worry I did. It's 720p. I may be retarded but I'm not THAT retarded.

768 is a larger number than 720

Oh fuck me. Gimme a sec, I'll reconvert it.

I recommended him 768p to have some leeway in case YT is shittier than usual. Plus, it might handle a common resolution a bit better.

If there's a silver lining to this is that it's the perfect way to turn kids off from being Youtubers, because holy fuckknuckles this is tedious shit.

Looks like my channel is just gonna be a dumping ground of webms and mirrors.

Jesus Fucking Christ. That took forever, but the full match is now PROPERLY uploaded now.

yeah boy, good job

Thank you father. Can I come out of the basement now? It's been days since I've seen sunlight.

Tib Dawn best OST.

We really need some new matches to make fun of. And a recorder playing in a normal resolution so you can see shit going on.

Last time the guy recording also had no idea how to play so he missed some important parts, I've got recording set up now so that will be less of an issue.
However changing the resolution won't help that much, in fact it'll be harder to see with a larger resolution because of how old C&C works.

hit up radcorp and see about having more RTS events

Well I'm pretty shit at the game, so if you guys need a punching bag I can be that guy

1080p is still easy to see things in, it's clicking things that gets hard. And a recorded video is rewindable to catch anything you missed. Better than having stuff not on camera.

I called recorderfag at the time around and he never, ever played C&C before, din't even know what was Nod or GDI. It was our only option because the organizer, which is also stankfag Nightcrawlerk98k, did not prepare properly for the RTS tournament.
Hell, he din't even practice at all except for like a mock match, before what everyone saw as the most fucked stank rush ever devised.

He needs further bullying. We need another DTA tournament.

Where can I watch Holla Forums's DTA tourneys, if there's more?

Well someone wanna get OBS and volunteer to be a recordfag?

There is a thread on >>>/radcorp/3891
There has been only one DTA tournament, and that was the first radcorps tournament to ever happen. There are currently no plans to make another one, unless radcorpfags get their shit together and organize to play another one.

Man it's so weird seeing the other sides of the Gunboat.

WTF I LOVE JOHN CENA NOW
Also, I'll doing more testing with my copy of The First Decade before I upload it for everyone, after homework of course.

Put a pillbox near the ring, he'll lose all matches

Does gray goo count as a C&C game if it was made by mostly the same people?
Is it fun?

I wonder if John Cena mains Steel Talons…

Campaign is fun to play, and the game is good for a giggle with mates, but the online
is as dead as lawbreakers.

You know what I lied, it does have more players than lawbreakers, which I just checked has 7.

I wish they never removed dog turrets in RA3. Something that can stun units are always appreciated. (Cryo was better though)

I'd pay to see that.

Seven centuries in MS paint later…

Know we are going to have to meme this into reality now right?

Dewit.

Is DTA the only thing played here?

DTA is actually pretty good, I'm surprised at how well it's been handled, no bias, no special snow flake fraction, no removed strats because the devs can't handle it, now if only they did something for tib sun/red alert2

There IS a tiberian sun in red alert 2 mod called C&C Reloaded, and was infact supported for multilplayer in the CNCnet lists for a while. But apparently the dev either died or decided to stop working on it entirely because there hasn't been any update in ages for it, while it still contains plenty of bugs and shit that can destroy your RA2 installation if you mishandle the mod because of a very hacky early version of ARES that was implemented for it.
reloaded.cncguild.net/

so assumingly not really worth my time untill it stops being dead or someone else picks it up

It's not necessairly that, you can try it out to check out how it would work out.
Last time i tried it, the factions weren't balanced at all, everything was entirely unfiltered from their original forms in that GDI could still use Carryalls, Disruptors and MammothMK2's to pretty much decimate every opponent. Allies still OP as fuck with Prisms and Rocketeers. Soviets would destroy Yuri and GDI because of Terror Drones. Nod's Cyborg Commando would be the bane of every land unit that wasn't a Mammoth, an Apocalypse tank or a mass of Terror Drones since even the splash damage obliterated tank blobs. Yuri could still use Yuri Prime+Clonevats and capture two of your buildings to sell or use them for his own purposes.

It was pretty fun all around, until you notice that the AI is completely shit even at the hardest level and that you can steamroll everything by just using meme strats.

god fucking GDI disruptor/mam drops is the meta that killed any interest of me playing that tib sun online. you know the game isn't finished when something like that is the key

Fuck you Turret. Your DPS is shit and your shots are projectiles.

Does anyone have that screencap with the Engineer spam in Red Alert?

I see John Cena got some patrician taste.

This one?

No. Some of us also play Shockwave and Rise of the Reds. DTA though I find the most fun.

I only recently found this place, what was the nerf?

Real talk now, what the fuck were they thinking with this? Why not just use the damn rocket launchers they had in Tiberian Dawn? This has to be the worst unit design in the game. Shitty aesthetic and mechanics all around.

yep, that's the one, thanks

Didn't they have rocket launcher unit but its on the NOD side? I vaguely remember it but I guess they trying to differentiate the 2 factions, GDI with frisbee unit and NOD with rocket launcher unit

Unnecessary if you ask me, since riflemen, engies and medics are still the same anyway.

I remember them tearing everything on the ground up though.

Holy shit, is that the entire C&C series in 1 download? complete with all the FMV? Some uploader remove the FMV from the singleplayer campaign to save space but it just doesn't feel the same without it, I want to feel the same experience when I played it as a kid. Without the FMV, it feels like an empty shell. Kane is so badass and Zofia is hot as fuck

GDI is massively overpowered in Tibsun due to alot of reasons, discthrowers having much greater range and DPS then Nod rocket troops is just the tip to them

it's Brotherhood of Nod not NOD, Nod is the name not some kinda abbreviation

>be 11 years old
>CD drive literally shreds my Yuri's Revenge CD to bits
>Dad buys me First Decade the day after
How could I have been so fucking stupid

Well, they need something to set them apart otherwise it would just a color swap between the 2 faction. I guess its balance out since rocket unit primarily use to take out aircraft and airborne unit while the disk thrower is for the ground vehicle and that creepy as fuck cyborg unit.

Another question, I just remember something really weird. If your infantry died in a tiberium crystal field thing, they turn into this weird gooey blob that attack anyone, you cant control it or kill it, it just wander around the map and attack anyone that come close to it.

you're thinking of visceroids two of which I created accidentally in tutorial of DTA, because units have piss poor view range. Also Nod fed some more infrantry and they became adults

visceroids

Nice quads user, sorry about your CDs. I lost mine when I moved out of the house and my mom turn my room into a guess room and sold most my stuff Hooray for piracy!

EA made every game before red alert2 freeware

Yeah that thing, creepy fucking bastard and it eats peoples too.

Mega it user, don't be such a cocktease

they are peoples

how new are you?

cncnz.com/features/freeware-classic-command-conquer-games/

Speaking of tiberian lifeforms
Fuck those wolverines. The fiend was helpful unlike any of these faggots were.

Forget the Visceroids. ALL Tiberian Lifeforms are scary as fuck.

All the monsters in Tiberian Sun + Firestorm gave me nightmares as a kid, the Floaters especially as I can still hear their cries.

Being an impressionable little shit, Tiberian Sun made me think that was what the future was gonna look like
Was scared for days, decided to stop playing until I got older

Tiberian Sun has the best aesthetics out of all of the games

It pisses me off that they dropped all the tiberian fauna for CNC3. The best they could muster was the visceroids which looked like oversized starfish
At least the tiberian glaciers in the red zones looked cool, as well as the harsh weather effect

in retrospect C&C3 was just Generals in Tiberian universe
Apocalypse futurism > used futurism

Red Alert 2 had great aesthetics too, with its B-Movie and colorful Cold War looks.

Very nice documentary, wish it was an official one with more focus on the original creator and studios, feel like they skimped a lot of stuff.

it frustrates me, they utterly dropped what Tiberium actually was doing to Earth in favor of what I can only assume what they thought it was doing.

Moving a large group of army is a nightmare, you know some are bound to go near it and fucking die

Aren't infantry left alone by the veinhole or am I just forgetting how it worked?

think he's talking about the mouth it's self

they did change the genre, I went into a rant about this in one of the threads but basically they made Nod into autism bait

That's incorrect. The weeds don't attack infantry, just vehicles and buildings. Remember that Firestorm mission where you had to fight a cult with only a Ghoststalker and Juggernaut?

Oh yeah, I forgot, I haven't played it for years and just now trying to find a working download. I do remember you can target it, not sure if you can kill though

There are two ways they can kill infantry. When the veinhole gets under attack, it starts spewwing out toxic Tiberium gas as self defense. If infantry get too close, the hole itself will eat them as well. What I do to kill holes is just use Orca Bombers or Banshees since the holes can't attack aircraft.

like they had everything in their hands to make it look nice, alot of the better shit from C&C3 was from people moding itmore auitist better

what's the point of remaking this in C&C generals?
also
can't unsee

I guess I never left them near the hole to know that, I always use lots of light infantry and rocket infantry if Nod, disk throwers aren't good for them if I remember well. Hover vehicles are unharmed by it in Twisted Insurrection, I don't know if that's true in the base game too.

that's the only engine they had around because I'm sure as shit that the engine for the prior games is in a fire can thanks to ea. also Tiberium is a plant

It's incredibly underwhelming, not really worth bothering with.
The First Decade in general was disgusting, and it marked the last EA game that I ever bought. The way that EA simply threw the games onto a disc, fixed nothing, improved nothing, supported nothing, and only ADDED more bugs was absolutely abhorrent.

Red Alert 2 x Tiberian Sun sounds awful. There's just too much different in the tone and feel of the games, they are polar opposites.

Is it bad I used to think of Tiberium as cabbages?

Are you saying cabbages are destructive?

Are you saying Tiberium is destructive?

Hunh so that's how I managed to get 3 total conversions running at once. I remember Reloaded being the hook that I needed to start it all up when I was messing around with it, but I never figured it was because one was using an outdated version.
Btw don't attempt that it's not worth the effort.
While you do get literally everything all at once it is a glitchy mess crashes can easily happen but when they don't units just look wonky.

are you saying you're sexually attracted to Tiberium?

such as?

See now?

two words

carryall
distruptors

Fuck yeah, does need the patch? it run pretty smoothly but on a small screen because it doesn't have 1080p resolution option, either way it got all the FMV with it and really enjoying it. Though the mouse control have limited customization, all that time swiping with smartphones makes me do the same when trying to navigate the map for example if I want to go to the left, I move the cursor to the right but it doesnt work like that in RTS. I treated the map as if its on a smartphones screen.

You forgot motherfucking Flint Westwood, fucker can 1 shot any infantry

enjoy, I don't know if that has CnCnet though and if not try cncnet.org/

Wolverines can barely fend off Nod Cyborgs
Orca Bombers do fuck all damage unless you build a Flight of The Valkyries
MRLS are only really useful for going over water, they're actually pretty balanced and rather easy to kill with infantry
Though I'll concede the rest. Carryals and disruptions trivialized everything, that is, if we're not talking Firestorm. In normal Tib Sun, Nod Artillery erases everything that isn't an air unit. The moment you start spamming that shit along with rocket soldiers for AA defense, you won.

Just add light infantry escort. Not that hard to spam them either.

you don't really spam infantry in one on one, you do it in 2v2s or higher though

Why not? It's pretty cost effective against drop pods.

i thought he was bronson at first because of that revolver

getting across the map, inorder to actually field them like that you'd either have to blob your army or have a trail off and no you can't say the transport is worth it for just that

That one is from from Red Alert. You're thinking of Tommy Wiseau.

when I'm left with the last enemy building, I like to finish my enemy slowly with a Technician

Look what you've done, user.

you guarded that road well with your buddy there

Virtually everything of GDI's is better

Disk Throwers are better against all ground stuff and the bounce can be exploited to kill at high range. Rockets can shoot air, but only Nod has to worry about Air in the first place because only GDI has good air units

These are pretty similar I believe

Titan has significantly better stats and ability to shoot on the move

Nod's only advantage, but GDI's better mobility makes artillery pushes kind of bad to begin with. Eat bombers.

Mammoth can be repaired, shoot through shit, directly transportable with Carryall rather than needing to be unloaded from APC.

GDI destroys entire bases. Nod is "balanced"

GDI carries stuff that is powerful. Nod might carry 1 commando. GDI can go anywhere that Nod hasn't built 5k worth of sam sites, Nod can go anywhere GDI hasn't built $100 worth of pavement.

And so on

Problem is that people in MP are generally smarter than AI and won't walk into artillery. All GDI needs is an EMP shot to a cluster of artillery and it dies. And you need an absurd amount of air defence to really hurt a bunch of bombers.

Rate my OC
I didn't watch the match and I never even played the game and yet I understand what happened

You did it wrong.

you dumb fucking nigger

did i not make the message sarcastic enough or something?

it's even funnier now that two idiots missed that

Might want to double-check your math there, nightcrawler.

KEK
you almost got me there buddy

Cyborgs actually cost more than wolverines at $650, so the Wolverine winning in a 1v1 engagement despite being a $500 unit is REALLY BAD for Nod cost-efficiency wise.

A single bombing run by a lone GDI bomber can destroy a refinery if it hits it from a left-upper/down-right angle for half the cost that it takes 3 Nod Banshees to do the same, while also being faster, less prone of being shot down due to only 2 passes vs 3 passes and having more armor than a Nod banshee to top it off.

HoverMRLS destroys Tick tanks, has enough range to kite out Cyborg Reapers and does insane damage to buildings by itself. It's cost doesn't justify the inability to hit any infantry that isn't Cyborgs though, since a Nod player will always be spamming infantry with how ridiculously strong light infantry is in TS.

Buggy is faster on even terrain, way way faster when on Pavement. Slower when on uneven terrain, veins or tiberium.
Wolverines have more armor and suffer no slowdowns regardless of terrain except on veins where they are still faster than Buggies, however they turn around slower than Buggies for some reason.
Tick tanks can shoot while moving. They just suck at frontal combat because they have little armor and use projectiles meanwhile Titans wreck shit with their hitscan attacks. But you can totally still use them for all the tactics Titans are good for, such as base rushing, MBT, patrolling, map control, etc.
The other problem about tick tanks is their shit ass burrow-to-get-armor "i'm now a living target please nuke or bombard me" ability also reduces their firerate and their damage vs infantry, though in exchange you get more range which lets you outrange idling Titans with it. Sadly that fact has never been reported to be any useful because the Titans would rather rush out the Tick tanks and eat them for breakfast if they ever deploy near them.

If i were to balance them at all, all their shit is fine as-is for the sole fact that they're a Nod unit. Just reduce the cost to either 650 or 700 credits, cause both Titans and Tick Tanks being 800 while one of them is clearly inferior in every single aspect just screams of retardation or timestring-led oversight from WW at the time. Well, either that or increase its armor just enough so that the burrow ability makes them stand 1v1 vs Titans in equal numbers.
Juggernauts have more armor and shoot 3 times over per volley. If the Nod player bunches up his artilleries, he's gonna have a terrible time vs massed Jugs in artillery wars because a battery is just going to obliterate everything in their way. They also walk and deploy faster than Nod Arti can move and deploy, though Nod's arti is cheaper so it's not that bad.
It can actually heal. Just not off the conventional repairpad method. Making it stand on Tiberium slowly replenishes its health back to full, but also makes it a sitting duck and a potential target for bombers.
Oh and by the way? Nod can actually train Medics if they capture a GDI barracks and then sell it off. They keep the tech, which can certainly buff Nod's Commando significantly because they can also heal Cyborgs.
Very few people actually remember to put pavement, and the few that do realize that most of the maps have small holes near every MCV spawnpoint on most of the default maps, whereas you can't put buildings or pavement on top which lets Nod rush without problems.
That is, until GDI puts on a single RPG tower defending the MCV and WF, then it's gameover for Nod.

And about CarryAll defense. Nod actually has it easy with their SAM sites and specially Rocket troops, since they just have to plop them or move them near and that's it. Other players using GDI fearing Disruptor drops have to click even more with the retarded component tower shit and don't even think HoverMRLS will cut it either, you will need at least six of those motherfucking towers if you want something that can instakill a single carryall. Biggest problem with CarryAll and bombers is how much AA costs versus how many you need to kill a single $750 carryall transporting any meme across the map. Just reduce air units armor to be cost-efficiently countered by anti-air and you fix like half the TibSun meta revolving around Disruptor drops, MK2 tactics and Bomber snipes, while opening up Nod to not be a complete joke.

Top tier gun sounds though.

thats pretty good.
Holy shit.

I never realized this. This mission was pretty hard without that.

Was it dumb of me to expect GDI not to be fucking useless?

Wasn't these versions missing the music and FMV files?

First Decade Test update:

Doesn't fucking work. One time I got it to work, it kept crashing. Tiberium Sun and Red Alert 2 won't start up cause of "missing dll files". tried the work arounds, didn't work.

Might upload it on request for people who have Windows XP machines. For now, this was just a waste of time.

Did you run it in compatibility mode? I was able to run it in Windows 8 with compatibility mode set to XP. If that won't work, then get an XP VM.

Apply the CnCnet patch.

That's why they give you the Elite Cadre :^)

Some old stuff