mega.nz/#!TFUlRSBK!Q-2V2DsePejU_tvDc8z9HuLS9SaOOWMk9TQvCXrZGmg
mega.nz/#!LEVzxCbL!HLr7kO_CmXBkN0SG4XcN5vS-VJfGTzUwss4mT58x4t0
imgur.com/a/qtMQm
i.imgur.com/YrYke7L.jpg
i.imgur.com/g6G2MNN.jpg
i.imgur.com/wjgbXAd.jpg
i.imgur.com/8m4HsKy.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yeah, if you werent a newfag you'd know that we used to have openrct2 threads all the time back in 2014

Download the RCT1 scenarios to play in RCT2 (drop them in your Roller Coaster Tycoon 2/Scenarios/ directory):

mediafire.com/file/3cw47sd2wt3hues/ExactRCT1Recreations.zip

They are a lot more fun than the RCT2 ones.

btw the OpenRCT2 devs are working on a new project…

>a bunch of parks never got finished or even started

i had to start the thread somehow nigger i havent seen one for a while

This is one of my fucking favorite games.

It was a fun time. you guys were fun guys. if you are in this thread

I wish Sawyer would wake up and make a grand return with a new game. The guy is squandering his talent.

Anyone have the screencap " 'Getting Fisted by a Velociraptor' looks too intense for me!"

this one i've never bothered to pick up for some reason. is there any differences between this and OpenTTD?

What the fuck? I have to compile the game?

nah my dude go here openrct2.org/downloads

i just linked the github because it has extra info

>tfw cuckchan /vr/ct

Feels indeed

how do people even make rollercoasters just inside small squares like that

Are you retarded, 12, or both?

Excuse me. I am, in fact, the retard.
I thought you were asking how people make rollercoasters in a grid-based game.

Anyways, constraints breed creativity. The less you're given, the more ways you find to make use of it.

1st for virtual floor

I'm a huge OpenTTD player, but last time I attempted to play OpenRCT2 I just couldn't get into it. Is it really that similar to OpenTTD gameplay?

Thanks for this user, I never tried OpenRCT2 before and this was a great reason to.

Locomotion is much more realistic ( realistic curves, detailed animations, underground building mode, sounds). Even has a driving mode. It's crippling flaw is that the largest map size is far too small (256x256 I think) to be any creative fun.

The realism in general kills the gameplay. Locomotion sucks.

They're not similar at all.

is there anywhere to get fan made custom scenarios? I got all the RCT1 and official promo scenarios, I'm just looking for more when I'm done.

I never really sat down and played CS's Locomotion and OpenTTD despite being a massive A-Train series fag.
I should really get around to that.

There's a pretty nifty Japan mod for OpenTTD.
The shinkansen is waiting for you, user.

I'll look into this thank you

Has anyone made a new Auschwitz in RCT yet?

I hope someone saved those. Some of you fags are really talented at scenery. 'The Gas Pedal' was the best Go-Kart track.

Would anyone be up for playing this game on a weekend? I've been throwing around the idea of a sandbox server that people can just build a massive park on like the old days.

Has there been any improvements from the devteam on network stability? I remember all of the crashes.

ayo you niggas wanna play some bootleg roblox rct
I'm so lonely.

We had collaborative parks at some point. Shared file, everyone built a ride in preset plots and passed it around. Was pretty fun.

Hosting a serber RIGHT NOW:
It's not on the server list because the master server doesn't support IPV6.
>password is infv

Downloading, will join in a bit.

Niiiiiec. Traintism was always more my thing in this sort of form. I never understood making coasters you couldn't personally ride. OpenTTD is more my thing too, since I can play with you shitheads.

You can ride your coasters in RCT3 and the Roblox RCT clone I showed a bit of in . The latter also allows 4 people per server.

Yeah, RCT3 was more my style, I know everyone else dislikes it for not being the same and I understand.
Nice, haven't thought about that in years. I hope things can go horribly wrong.

You still hosting? It's not showing as online.

Horribly wrong how?

Did you use the "Add Server" button?

There's a lot more autism involved in OpenTTD.

I mainly preferred 3 over 2 for years because it had a fast forward button and you could put new custom content in older scenarios without editing the scenario file. OpenRCT2 lets me do both.

Yeah. Pasted the IP, says it can't connect. The server's got a little red light and doesn't show a player count. Is there something simple I'm missing? Do I need a specific version?

You should have the latest dev version: v0.1.2-develop

I've got that. Dunno what the deal is.

It's entirely possible I didn't set things up. I'll look into it.

I can't access it from computer running off a mobile hotspot on my phone. Not sure how to fix this, sorry.

Is RCT3 any good? I think I remember that as soon as the game went from Isometric to 3D it ended up being bad.

I liked it, but that just might be nostalgia.

it's good for designing parks but it falls flat in scenarios, art direction, park management and general fun

It's a lot better with expansions, but its main gameplay upgrades which I already mentioned have been added to OpenRCT2.

Going into random servers and making concentration camp rides.

ok im interested

gameplay kills the game. openttd was fun but the mechanics really kill it. i just want to make comfy railroads, but the only real way to play is to make hideous loops chasing autismbucks.

Never played RCT2 but I did play this back in the day. It has a ton of content and happens to be deceptively complex, way better than Theme Park World (the previous game)

Whew, get a loada this pleb.

is this supposed to disprove? that's horrific

yeah theme park world was horrible but it did have one feature it took the tycoon games ages to add, "coaster cam" or "ride the ride" or whatever it was called.

The best ride I built was Shit Mountain, a long and perilous journey through the rapids of Shit Creek and up countless flights of perilously winding stairs to reach the only toilet in the entire park.

The only real way to play is to make your stations as pretty as possible and to make all freight trains a minimum of 12 tiles long.

It was a great time indeed. I wish I had the old freeplay park webms.

its potato quality but is what it is. also I have the free build park webm but its a big file so I'll drop a pomf link when its uploaded

That's actually a pretty good idea on how to set it up for a gamenight. Would have to do something with all of that wasted space though.

I managed to split a 254x254 into 36 41x41 plots of land with only one row of inefficiency on the borders and four tiles used for the entrance. I just tried a 20x20 just now and it is possible to split it even further down into 144 20x20 plots of land but I think 20x20 might be too small to work with for most people.

It has the problem of looking very unnatural, though.

I'm not as worried about it looking unnatural though since it's more about getting anons to be able to simultaneously make a mega park without fucking each other's shit up.

Plus if two people next to each other are thinking the same thing I could see a little cooperation going on.

Here's a version with 144 plots of 20x20 each. I know it's not a lot of room to work with, but it should still be enough to densely pack shit in.

I just remembered I had RCT2 thanks to this thread, and I've wasted a bunch of time on OpenRCT2. I'm having fun, but how can I get better? I haven't had too many problems, but creating rides is challenging for me, and the parks are always bare bones. What are some good resources to read up on?

Is there any way to turn off rides reliability going down? I hate having to rebuild everything every so often.

In the cheat menu you can do that.

Remember reliability is a mixture of age and time between inspections, it's really easy to get a high reliability by having efficient mechanics.

Thanks

Back in 14'/15' we had openRTC stuff. I remember us just having a huge, wide open park and alot of user's were really fucking good at decoration and there was some really great rides made as well. Meme'd to hell but whatever, it was great and all the parks felt like actual parks that would be worth going too. I don't think we could reach that level again, but in a way its probably for the best.

We playing this soon? I'm up for it.

Good chance this weekend considering I got my park ready for Holla Forums to play on and it won't be hard to get a dedi for the weekend. I just need to figure out a retard proof install method for OpenRCT2 before announcing it publicly.

Can you put it in an 'extract and run .exe.' zip then put that on mega? Then just have in your op a link to that retard version and another link to the normal version.

I still had the raw of the 3rd collab so I reencoded it at a higher bitrate.

A natural layout can work in multiplayer without anons stepping on each others' toes; as long as there aren't too much people playing, anons generally give ample space to active builders. The grid layouts were used mostly as a limit when passing save files around so that one user doesn't hold onto it for days or weeks at a time, and if you're not planning on having more than 15 anons building at once I don't see a real upside to sticking to a grid.

No. And by todays standards, rct is shit.

Here are the freebuild parks too.

what is this gay shit, where are swastika rides and concentration camps?

I made a server to play for this weekend for people to come make a park or something together.

Name: The RCT2 XPerience
Pass: infv

I might join. are you a burger or euro time zone?

I am burger, but my server will be 24/7 for the weekend. Today is pretty much testing to make sure it's good and if yes then I'll make up a new OP for anons to play with us.

don't make a new thread just bump this one. maybe see if one of the vols will edit this OP with your server info.

(((todays standards)))

alright fair enough, just make sure you like the new thread in this one. last time someone did that i was sitting in a dead thread and missed the game

Just ask mods to bumplock this bread when you make the new one.

Yeah. Those were great times.

OpenLoco v0.1 is out: github.com/OpenRCT2/OpenLoco/releases/tag/v18.02

preemptive weekend bump

I still have these screenshots from 2007.

Sounds fun. I never tried multiplayer since they first added it, is it more stable now?

Bless you user.

Bless you user. I wish I still had the old drives and the raw project files. These would benefit greatly with the larger filesize limit we have now.
Running that server was well worth the time.

github.com/OpenRCT2/OpenRCT2/issues/7185

that is one creepy jewman. wtf are his eyes

see you in on the sever, user. you will be bullied

how is that possible anyway, i never remember getting negative value parks after winning

So is this up and running yet? did master sever being down like

said, effect our game?

i was 10 and for some reason I ended up with the bong/euro version of the game despite being a burger, so besides the default currency and measurement some of the rides had different names. I don't see the server anymore though.

I probably maxed out the bank loan and had a lot of expensive rides nobody went on.

I can see those servers though. I guess it's down.

well I applied the config file fix and I can now see severs just not /aresever/

None, don't use it. It's been fixed.

ok but I'm still not seeing it. burgers please wake up so we can play

serbia is not online yet

Can you see mine? Name is forward slash vee, Password is infv

We've been awake for a while, it's 3:20 here.

I see it and I'm in. is anyone playing at the moment seems pretty empty?

3 on right now.

fuuuuck i need to load new version
which one, latest?

Yeah, which shows up as 0.1.2-30 on the server list.

Just use the OpenRCT2 launcher and use the dev branch. Always updates to the latest build.

Is it true that you need RCT2 to play this?

yes

torrent the GOG version

It's back up now. There is also just in case you'd want to do that instead.

mega.nz/#!TFUlRSBK!Q-2V2DsePejU_tvDc8z9HuLS9SaOOWMk9TQvCXrZGmg

wait i thought was the official server

needs a password tbh

Good, because I returned to find that the server crashed.

The other guy posted first. I just put one up because his was down.

infv, like every Holla Forums server worth a damn.

The server doesn't seem to be password protected even though it's list as such.

Server is still up, got some building of the Holla Forums mega park done. There will be more time in the next day to keep building it up!

How long will the server be up?

oops

I was getting some lag problems with OP's sever so I made my own. Any Bongs or europoors join mine if you were getting bad pings on the burger sever. I'll also leave it running all weekend like op's

name - Kewl Krazy Koasters
pw - benis

please join ;_;

Has this happened to anyone else? Not sure if it's desync or just graphical but it went away when I relogged.

Very nice.

Off by one in the last pic.

How's this?

Looks like some people started some slots since last night, so there's that.

Its so you can queue up to leave the ride.

I found the issue with the rating going to 0, the underground subway exits weren't connected to the above ground paths leading to thousands of people stuck underneath the subway at the far end of the map. Once I added the path and the 2,000 guests left the rating went instantly from 0 to 999.

I can already see the motherboard posts now

there wasn't much to do, except to try to make my mountain look little better and maybe few more rides to cram in

By the time I found this webm it climbed back up to 500 though.

It's fine for me. Did you try again yet?

it wasn't mine was it

If you made pic related, yes.

I'll keep the server running for the rest of Sunday just to let anons get a final run in. Once it's over with I'll pack up the save file for other anons to enjoy and make a webm or two of.

are they really that scared of our park?

Some sort of bug relating to running the game for so long, I saved it and restarted the server from the new save point. Seems to be working alright now.

It's late in the night, so I'm going to put a cap on this server and put it to bed.

Save:
mega.nz/#!LEVzxCbL!HLr7kO_CmXBkN0SG4XcN5vS-VJfGTzUwss4mT58x4t0

Giant Screenshots:
imgur.com/a/qtMQm

gotta love royalty free cat pictures

Fuck's sake.

i.imgur.com/YrYke7L.jpg
i.imgur.com/g6G2MNN.jpg
i.imgur.com/wjgbXAd.jpg
i.imgur.com/8m4HsKy.jpg

much better