Your mods?

Have any of you made your own mods or tweaks or whatever for games?

I have a habit of modding everything, from small tweak to big mega-mods that take months to complete.

My latest attempt is pic related for VR chat. Suffice to say, I fucked up the rigging.

Other urls found in this thread:

babel-mod.neocities.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=OeHh_IAZAD8
8ch.net/hgg/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wow! Shittt knuckles meme, fucking amazing.

Nice memeshit.
I thought about making a Skyrim mod once, then I spent about 30 minutes working on it and realized I hate Skyrim.

The meme is great and funny and caused mountains of salt.
And apparently still does, but instead of SJW's now hipsters cry because anything that goes mainstream instantly becomes magically shit.

I used the Skyrim Creation Kit to replace several Riverwood barrels with player-owned barrels so that I could better organize my loot. Works great, except for the fact that NPCs will take things out of them. Right now, Camilla is walking around town with my uber-smithed dragon two-handed axe. I can't take it from her without it registering as a stolen item and it makes me really mad

It was shit from the start, nothing but sheltered middle class kids screaming about how funny and ironically annoying their are.
SJW salt was just an unexpected bonus

I did a lot of mario and sonic hack roms when i was a kid,i wanna try modding sonic mania but it's impossible because i pirated the game.

i made a bat'leth and some other klingon stuff for a butterlord playthrough once
i've reinstalled since, so i don't have decent images left though

If you sell a stolen item and buy it back it no longer counts as stolen.

True, but I have to:

I played around with texmod a bit but didn't do much else

I replaced most of the dragon shouts from Skyrim with quotes from The Room

closest thing to mods i made was full conversion texture replacements. but i think mods are more coding oriented that changes gameplay so nah havent made any mods

I've made three partial-conversions for (G)ZDoom. One where all the enemies were skeletons, one that was a pseudo-dungeon crawler, and a sequel to the pseodo-dungeon crawler.

The only exposure I have to this VR meme is some autist in my class trying to explain it (multiple times to different people) as something that started with some nigger using a knuckles avatar asking "do you know da way".
I hope no one in this thread is as autistic.

I made a shitty mod for a shitty doom mod with a shitty community.
At least it was fun playing with other anons.

The most modding I've done was making the canteen in NV refill your hunger and sleep in addition to just thirst so I could play Hardcore without dealing with that tedious shit.

Mods can add new life for old games. My friends and I enjoy playing brawl again.

why even play hardcore then?

I completely redid the Arlington House in FO3 to turn it from a garbage track-home into a more faithful recreation of Arlington. Added an edit of the Chinese Uniform to turn it into a confederate uniform too along with a Calvary saber. Most people liked it, but I got a few messages from people calling me a racist for going overboard on the confederate iconography. Yet there isn't even a single confederate flag in the place. The battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia, Lee's army, and it has a contextual reason for being there.

Had planned to expand it out with a full questline that made the house into a player-home of sorts with extra content for cannibal players. But I'm garbage at quests and dialogue, and player homes are way too common as it was.

I also made a player home that I never released for New Vegas. Basically, it was "Just another shitty player home" which was a literal outhouse. Some old guy at Saloon gives you a few caps for cleaning up and restoring the outhouse. When you get out there you find that one of the escaped convicts from the NCRCF turned it into a makeshift hideout. You get the choice to either get a bag of lye from quarry junction and treat the septic pool, or you can ask to live down there, after which point you're informed that ain't nobody going to stop you - but nobody is going to stop using the outhouse either and he will mock you and you'll loose reputation in Good Springs.

Really it was just that I needed a place to store gear early in the game before getting to Novac, and I thought the idea would be funny. Never released it publicly though. Partly because I'm shit at scripting and I couldn't figure out how to do a certain special effect. I wanted, to - randomly - disable the sunrays coming in from the hole, playing a nasty wet farting noise, and then spawn an object (was using a milk bottle as a placeholder) near the hole which would fall and splash into the water. Then re-enable the light ray and have a condition that prevented the event for the next 12 hours.

I've done a few things here and there. I made several mods for barotrauma, including the custom head mod, and the clown class mod.
I've also imported my own content in secondlife, and made a few starbound mods as well. Including being the first person to make a mod that allowed you to build your own ship.

There are a few others, but they're not really worth mentioning.

Few value tweaks and texture swaps. Sometimes adding things which are just variants of others already in game. I'm one of those people that either plays older games which already have tonnes of mods or just rolls with vanilla so I often don't even use mods.
I really should though. Every time I made a mod I really enjoyed figuring out how to do it then actually doing it and troubleshooting where I fucked up. Problem is when I play games for the first time I often can't even think of anything to add or change then when I get to the second playthrough (if any) then there's already shitloads of mods out there.

My new vegas niggers,where you at.

Heeeey, the build your own ship mod is awesome! I use it.

What ever happened to the Moon Man DOOM mod that an user was working on? I want the latest build.

right here

I made a house and some spells in Skyrim and customized my personal little house in NV.

Whatcha made my good sir

I'm making an FE8 hack with some friends.

I'm not sure you even read that picture before posting it.

Seconding this and the touhou mod if anyone has it.

Only something that ramps up radiation overall, as well as slightly increase hardcore needs
However, I lost it long ago because I'm too stupid to make backups

fucking kek at the shit hole house mate.

I made my own mansion.
Never fully finished, since I never go around to making a unique exterior model.

Radiation effects? Gain per second? Total cap?
gimme more details

Gain per second
I have no idea how I got that to work, it's gotta be like 6 years since I made it Also New Vegas was over 7 years ago

I think it's funny.
It's all in good fun.

Bringing back feels like no other, user. Please.

It's weird,the graphics make it seem like it's even older,but it doesn't feel the way with how mods are still somewhat active
somewhat

It's the sad truth, but at least there are things in the works that will probably ease the pain, such as Fallout4NV, Fallout New California, The Frontier, and Cascadia
If at least one of those is gonna be good, I'll be happy

I got Halo 2 running online and it's brought back a mountain of old feels. Not just Halo, but all the games I played years ago that I had so much fun in, all the people I met through them and then lost over time.

Remember the exodus? what happened to us? don't ever change user.

You know i heard there was a beta for a multiplayer new vegas
don't know what happened to it though

Put memes in it.

It was an equally weird and exciting time to be using imageboards, I kinda miss it
Whatever happened to that magic is anyone's guess

Didn't the game shit itself the moment players started moving away from each other? Sounds like a nightmare to get working

No idea,but i'd love to see it pop up again if its still in development

I once heavily customized SWAT 4 config file so it would play smoothly on a netbook.
I sometimes edited some values on my own and tested them.
Some values are taken from online guides.

I'll try

Well, made a battlebarge, but messed up the viewpoint and I can't get the orbital bombardment effects working. Bummer.

I have a mix of 40K and Who Killed Captain Alex sound bytes. Things like "Space COMMANDO!" or "By the grade of the UGANDA throne" I also have the entire exterminatus speech from DoW2. Wanted a flashy orbital laser strike and blinding flash/explosion to go with it….

And yes, the battlebarge is facing the opposite. GAH

I made/am making babel-mod.neocities.org/ and other stuff for assorted games such as
and probably a lot more minor stuff too that I can't remember.

I got an ayy lmao model from FO4 and use it as my avatar, rigged it with mixamo and for an almost non-human model it's surprisingly well rigged.

With the help of a filipino guy we made a ufo that flies down and away playing x-files. It was a learning curve for someone with no experience in even lite-modding, but fun regardless.

That's pretty cool user, what's even cooler than that is I used your confederate mod in my TTW play-through about half a year ago. It's a shame the game glitched though. I didn't even suspect you visited imageboards, you hid your powerlevel well.

Wasn't going to post, cause I'm weird and dislike my released stuff, but screw it

[Link to Vid on Skeletons]
youtube.com/watch?v=OeHh_IAZAD8

8ch.net/hgg/
I could talk hours on the stuff I got in the works, but most people are just talking on what they have finished and released.

I've made a bunch of various shit that I never published because it was garbage stuff to get me familiar with various game engines. I've only published a shit quest mod to get me familiar with the GECK and a retexture for New Vegas.

It is because of overly sensitive and PC people like you that this meme will continue to be propagated.

Why yes, yes I have.

At any give time I have 2-3 mods, tweaks or actual games I'm working on. I spend more time modding than I do playing really.

I spent far too much time on this….

Does redoing most if not all textures in Kirby Air Ride so they don't look stretched to fuck in 4k count?
I mean "technically", they're the same texture just redrawn at much higher resolution

I remember making giant new world space for oblivion with loads of monsters to hunt in forest, based on survival mechanics with alternative start in it. It was way before games of such genre like "Forest" or "The Long Dark" appeared.
All data lost. I remember the gameplay mechanics were to start off player in a jungle, with a shack in it, you regroup in a shack, while exploring jungle, killing animals, getting valuable food and items to survive. Could place traps and lure animals to kill. I stolen loads of models and scripts from other mods so i never uploaded it.

I also remember making huge mod removing all magic, monsters and fantasy elements from oblivion, never finished it because it was stupid fucking idea.

I'm far too stupid to even attempt making mods, so I make shitty OC instead.

You aren't fooling anyone.

I think I made a retarded mod for Star Trek: Armada once (it's like a warship but twice as big and with twenty special weapons!!!!!) and a few mutators for UT2k4. Nothing groundbreaking, it was mostly a fun way to learn how to program and to appreciate reliable tools that don't crash when you look at them the wrong way.

How do you stick through a months-long modding project rather than just go off to make your own game and never be seen again? Autism? Do you love the original game so much that it has to be a mod? Tell me your secrets.

Spotted the underage.

Why not grow a brain? You could certainly use one.

What part of that is yours?

The battlebarge flying high above and shooting a beam cannon.

I now made it even bigger, with many moving searchlight.
Now I randomly pop into a world, auto-play the exterminatus animation - complete with DoW soundtrack, slow moving animation, etc..- , fire the cannon and hover menacingly.

Really want to get the triggers working ,but currently no trigger works

I like swapping out music files, It's mostly for personal use though, I never really bothered uploading.

Yeah keep your mouth shut fucklord. I don't want to hear your opinion you hipster-scum.
You dislike it not on your own merit but because everyone else say it's trash and you follow the fold.You probably suck so much dick your daddy is ashamed of you.
Fuck your opinion and fuck your argument you mean shit to me bro. Don't ever let me find you hipster bitch nigger.

Why are all fan remixes and medleys complete shit?

at least there is an overhaul mod coming soon

That's not a fan remix.

God, I love doing this.

I made it 10 time larger, added glowmaps and moving flood/search lights and improved cannon effect and lighting.

I love popping up in night/evening maps and BLOTING OUT THE SUN.

I think I might have given a person or two siezures before I toned down the exterminatus light effects….

Dunno… generally I suffer form poor attention span so I jump from project to project, but sometimes a game and mod idea consumes me and I just keep hammering at it.

I took me about 3 months for my SOTS mod.
FS2 campaigns took far longer, because it was on-and-off again development.
I guess it also kinda depends on what the mod requires - if I have to make and texture 100+ new models, tweak effect and much more, it's going to take more focus to finish compared to a rebalance mod or a mod that just added a few new guns or something.

I can edit dds files and often make mesh replacements in Oblivion. I'm getting more familiar with the CSE each passing day.