Cult games

What are some good cult games Holla Forums can recommend me? What other cult games should I add to the list?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/MnT2p
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Of those only Killer 7 is not complete trash though.
I guess you'll like god hand.

-Furi
-Ruiner
-Serious Sam
-EDF
-Mechwarrior
-System Shock
Nigger pretty much every game posted here since mass market has the direct consequence of needing to dumb down everything to appeal to a much more broad range of people.

Now this is weeaboo cancer

Resident Evil 4

Pretty shit but the part where Seymour's mom contacts him over the infolink was good.

Arx Fatalis
Pathologic
Snatcher
American Mcgee's Alice
Xenogears
Alpha Centauri
Strife: Quest for the Sigil

No no, God hand is trash too.
It's just seeing how shit OP's taste is, he might as well like it.
Your list is somewhat better, Mechwarrior and Ruiner are legit, dunno about them having any cults tho.

0/10

Your taste is below shit

Gave Thief Gold a crack when my internet was out one day and got through a good number of the levels in one night. Very comfy, huge rewards for exploration, would definitely recommend.

World in Conflict.

Everything on these consoles except Sonic and Halo has a cult following, quality games and quality discussion at least counting the first two. Rainbow Siege, C&C, and Touhou also has consistent threads on here with no disagreement, Steam, or egofaggotry. There used to be Blood threads back in 2015 but I haven't seen them for a long time. If those aren't obscure enough for you go to another community devoted to 3rd-gen and Japanese PCs.

Try harder.

what classifies as a cult game?

Pretty much the greatest TBS of all time.
I've been meaning to give Arx Fatalis a try for a long time. Considering it's made by the Dark Messiah devs it should be pretty good.

Anything that has a devoted and niche following but that's pretty much every video game fanbase due to the fuel of hyperactive obsessive autism.

Shadow of the Sun

ITT gen z/late millenials who don't know what a cult game is.

Nigger it sold millions of copies, it's a fucking franchise.

Not fucking cult, it got a greatest hits release.

>>>/reddit/

Liking trash is bad taste, not the other way around.

Vagrant Story
Euro Truck Simulator 2
Etrian Odyssey
Terraria
GSG games
crpgs, specifically BG2, and to a lesser extent: Arcanum
EYE has some following
Alpha Centauri
X3 games

So you're a nacissist?

wut?

I'm trying really hard to enjoy Shadowrun but these controls aren't making it easy for me.

Only Holla Forums plays it right.
Only somebody autistic enough to post on Holla Forums can understand dorf

How hard are you rusing us?

Destroy All Humans

How niche does a game have to be before it's considered a cult game? Also posting best steamed hams.

Extremely mainstream games everyone has played like dude sex and stalker. I don't know how anyone can call either cult games around here when everyone has played em. Thread is off to an awful start if op assumes they are cult.

The Ace Attorney and YTP Throwback one is also pretty good

Only the first deus ex was good

killer 7 was shit, I quit after the first few minutes. Thank god I didnt buy it.

Hey look, facebook tier memes

The Genesis game is better.

>everyone here has played em
Correction. Normalfags vastly outnumber us and they don't give two shits bout DX

I can understand the vita being a cult system. But the Xbox original?

Are you literally stupid or new? It has had this long running hacking scene since forever and a good bunch of lesser known exclusives like Otogi with their own small but dedicated followings.

Yes, normalfags are well aware of deus ex. Its a big mainstream franchise and even when the first came out, it was pretty big. It was never halo or cs but its far from cult.

Otogi, thousand land, steel battalion, tenerezza, its definitely more obscure than god hand or deus ex.

Deus Ex =/= Doos Sex

And the original still sold millions of units. Not cult.

Than explain OP's steam ham embed

Have fun OP

Whatever happened to the action sport game genre? Only Nintendo makes them now.

Deus Ex was immensely successful critically and commercially. I think you're under the impression that if Holla Forums likes it then it must have bombed.

There's a lot of games that were formerly cult classics that ended up gaining popularity much after (((influencers))) pointed them out, or directors themselves gained much popularity
The original Nier and the Drakengards with Yoko Taro
Kojimbo with shit like Boktai and whatever else he had a part in
God Hand thanks to jewtubers, etc.

>There's a lot of games that were formerly cult classics that ended up gaining popularity much after (((influencers))) pointed them out, or directors themselves gained much popularity
And Deus Ex and Xenogears weren't that, they were heavily hyped and sold well on release. Fucking DX got an asslosd of GotY awards for what that's worth.

Please stop showing off your normalfaggotry.

Also
Nigger Godhand got a following thanks to that shitty IGN review from 11 years ago. Lurk for 5 years and take your disinfo bsck to >>>/reddit/

him lurking for 5 more years won't give him the experience of being on Holla Forums pre-general cancer.

At least post the better version of that flavor of the month meme.

The sega shadowrun game was a Zelda clone with guns. It’s a totally different game in terms of gameplay and story.

Even Ace Attorney, a series which can't even manage to get all the titles translated to english because of its relative obscurity has had a steamed hams edit. Get some damn perspective.

STALKER and Deus Ex, while both very good, are not really cult games: every fucker has heard of them STALKER might have been originally though.

wut, that was a massive hit
if you want cult classics you'd be looking at ToEE, Vampire, or Arcanum

Amped 2 was fucking amazing. It single handedly Made me want to, and then actually go and learn how to snowboard. Not an easy task when you live surrounded by prairies.

The only parallels you'll see are their use of poison spiders, goblins and trolls. It's way more open and it's hobo phase is 10/10 but as soon as you get 3 backpacks and can carry everything the game turns to shit.

I'm disgusted and smug at the same time.

I want to play Desu Ex, yet I find it too "ugly" for my tastes. Does any one have some recommended mods to bring it closer to Human Resolution-tier levels.

Boy do I got the perfect mod for you.

Try pic related

Indeed, and I'm still mad at how Microshit gave Amped 3 a retarded lolsorandum aesthetic and killed the series.

Join him
>>>/reddit/

you mean like put a shitty yellow filter on everything? no, but I do recommend suicide.

Continue playing, you'll get used to it

Jagged Alliance 2
HOMM3

Aside from STALKER, I agree.

Nah, if the gameplay is shit and broken, I may as well just watch the story on youtube and read all the side text online.

Too bad there's no way to avoid or fix the shit gameplay.

What's so shit about it? It sounds to me like you are really early in the game so you can't judge it when you don't even have any good augs yet and your JC is weak as fuck.

>>>/reddit/ nigger

Come on, that's like saying Witcher 3 or Half Life 2 are cult-games. Deus Ex is just a classic, one of the best games ever made. And it was recognized as such by gamers.

It's like saying Doom is a cult classic.

DESPERATE
We need some more bob page up in here.

Too busy playing the game. Something something legs brouzouf

deus ex is the rick and morty of gaming

Marathon.

How? Most people don't even know about it. Ask your average normalfag if they've played the original Deus Ex.

agreed my fellow deus ex fan, they wouldn't understand the deep philosophy and political themes of the game. normalfags prefer family guy, but we? we have this.

so how is it ricky and mort then?

How many of you underaged niggers are there? How many times does this need to be pounded in your head?
They may not have played it, but they've heard of it. DX is not a cult classic, just because DX isn't on the level of CoD or Asscreed in recognition doesn't mean it's your little autistic secret. You're probably the type of Gen Z nigger who separates all media as "pre and post Youtube" in how it's available.

Lisa is just undertale for alt-right incels who are afraid of even fictional women

no mention of deadly premonition wtf

You seem to be the one with sub-shit taste user.

That's an awful lot of projection there, friendo. Also, you call me a nigger, but you use the term "post youtube", YT still exists. "Post" would imply that subject X, Y, and Z occur after YT is no longer a thing.
What are you talking about? The other user was saying that DE is plebbit tier, I'm waiting for an explanation as to why he thinks that. Also, I never claimed that the game was a "cult classic" or an "autistic secrete". Since you bring up the recognition point, if DE isn't on the same level as COD, then why compare it to something that has the same level of recognition? That's what I was pointing out.

Why would they do this?

oh boy, i have something for you!

More like games you feel safe admitting you play, else anons call you a faggot

Never happened, I only play user approved vidya like doom and stalker and dark souls

likewise, don't ever try anything new. Only play stalker and mount & blade and dragon's dogma. If it doesn't have a general it might as well not exist.

Wew >playing meme souls
>>>/reddit/

Does the Breath of Fire series count?
Pretty much every RPG that isn't Final Fantasy on the original Playstation has a cult following

What's the roguelike RPG with an orange-haired guy overlooking a Babel-esque sand tower on a cliff.

A great game.

Delete this thread before it is too late, OP.

It also advertised more tower floors than it had.
Still a great game though.

Would Shekel Citizen count as a "cult" game?

Outcast
Freepace

Obvious bait is obvious

You are unworthy

Who the fuck is Holla Forums? That chart is pure shite

pic related is insanely underrated, but has a pretty vibrant modding scene

Messiah. Used to be a bitch to play it in modern hardware though, but maybe they fixed that.

>he some kinda fuckin' cowboy?!

Does Battletoads count as a cult game?

Is Oni better on PC or PS2?

Some of my favorites:
>CustomTF I still play

There is still a community that plays Age of Wonders in multiplayer.

No wonder why this fucking website is dead

0/10. Let's see your "taste," big guy.

Seconding this. Show us your shit fag

tfw your favorite franchise is dead in the water

I hope so, it's the best game in the series tbh

Marathon was about as mainstream as a Mac-only game could be.

On the PC, by far, because of the better controls.

I can see the charred remains of my series from up here!

I miss it too

Aren't they making Crackdown 3? Or did that get cancelled alongside every "good" Xbone exclusive?

Despite the only reason people buying Crackdown 1 was to play the Halo 3 beta, I don't think that makes it cult game. Crackdown 2 was still successful.

According to a leak from Italian Amazon Crackdown 3 is set to release April 30th. Hopefully it didn't get burned from being in the oven for 4 years.
archive.is/MnT2p

Cult status isn't about numbers sold but level of attachment. There needs to be a subculture around it or featuring it. I think most games featured in memes are considered cult games if we are considered a subculture and reddit/twitch are like poseurs. There's also the whole "you gotta play it! It's the best [thing] game ever!"
Major ones:

its full poz with stronk wymyn, also gameplay looks like shit.

Then Devil May Cry is definitely a cult game buy that definition.

I think "cult" necessitates that the following is relatively small.

Be sure to install the anniversary mod, too.

A lot of people only bought Crackdown 1 to play the Halo 3 beta, but then a lot of them (myself included) went back and played it and found it to be a pretty entertaining game. Leveling up your agent to become a crazy overpowered superhero, tearing through mooks with tanks, it was a pretty solid "GTA but you're the cops" game. I think I bought 2 at some point but I either lost it or someone took it from me, I can't remember for sure.

If 3 comes to PC I might get it, but if it remains Xbone-exclusive then it'll get skipped. Assuming it actually comes out anyway.

Crackdown 3 is confirmed for windows 10 Microsoft store, but they also put Killer Instinct on Steam now so who knows.

It's a matter definition, is someone who played Human Revolution because they heard the "cool kids" say "Deus Ex" really part of a following?

heavily flawed game and you're not missing anything

yes, and this one is worth playing 100%

Holla Forums has shit tastes in games. Deus Ex is a good game, but Holla Forums overrates it because of its story and writing. gameplay wise, it's dated.
Graphics shouldn't mater though, people like you who can't play a game because of graphics are plebs

Another must-play

Pic related.

Have you considered downloading Flux and playing with it turned on?

Absolutely not fucking "cult"
Doom was a fucking phenomenon. Calling it a cult game is like calling Super Mario Bros. an "underrated gem". The thing "cult" thing about Doom are some of the wads built around it.

Deus Ex also isn't fucking cult, for the billionth time. No, your isolated incidents of normalfags not playing it don't discredit it for being a huge success that spawned 3 sequels, not counting a mobile trash game like The Fall.

Go ahead and miss out on playing good games then. Enjoying looking like a dumbass who still believes the OG Xbox = Halobox meme

Great fucking shit right here.

AoW is radical.

I really enjoyed Crakdown, but I always confuse it with the Sega Genesis game with the same name, which is awesome.

that's a literal cult, figurative game.

Just imagine when consumer space travel and colonies actually exist there will still be faggots paying for jpgs and empty promises.

u call urself gamers fucking murifat console plebs… i spit on u

Some Amiga games:
Walker
The New Zealand Story
Cannon Fodder
Hocus Pocus
Wiz 'n' Liz

PCMR:
Lost Dutchman Mine
Lands of Lore
Jill of the Jungle
Cosmos Cosmic Adventure
Alien Carnage / Halloween Harry
Deadlock 2
DXBall 2
Discworld
Quarantine
Terminator: Future Shock + SkyNet
Bad Mojo
Warhammer: CHaos Gate
Blackthorne
Heart of Darkness
Pandemonium

Freeware games:
Jetpack
Liero
Soldat
Abuse
One Must Fall: 2097
Warheads
Outcast
Omikron
Project Eden

now get the fuck off my board and kys

Outcast
Omikron
Project Eden

not freeware \o/

Zombie Nation
Spelunker
The entire Cho Aniki series
UAB
Kunio series
Mystery of the Druids

MMO's:

Asherons Call
Dark Age of Camelot
Anarchy Online
Shadowbane
SWG Pre-CU

sadly all dead… only thing to look forward to is Crowfall or just play EVE Online -_-

Is flux bad? It's been making me considerably more tired during the evening when I'm supposed to sleep

It's a joke, because DX:HR is covered with a disgusting yellow tint.

Why even make these cult/obscure threads? The fact that we have all kinds of people, from turbo casuals who only know that marion guy, to those so deep in the shit they play games with only one copy in existence, just makes them an unceasing clusterfuck of shitposting as there is no frame of reference for what is or isn't cult or obscure.

The first Alice game.

Loved it!

E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy is rather addicting once you figure out how it works

Blood had a cult in it.

I thought this would be the one, but then I found this one and it really made me want to go back and replay Ghost Trick.

You do know that you can adjust Flux's settings to change its colors accordingly?

fuck cult games, id rather have games about weird cults and shit.
Silent hill did it well and fucking no one else.

Blood was amazing man, top cult member gets betrayed and dies, then kills everyone.
Genius.

You know you want it…

You know you need it…

…right now…

it calls you…

…today's shit is shit…

…come home, my boy…

…home to where the gmdx is…

WRONG.

bullshit, you can't even transfer saves from the first game to 2, and it has the god awful english dubbing as the only language option
first game on dreamcast was better
garbage
garbage
metropolis street racer was better
casualized version of mechwarrior
overrated meme game
overrated meme game
garbage
garbage
aged like shit
pd zwei is much better
also on pc