Point and Click

I'm in the mood for some good ol' point-and-click adventure games. Has anything good been released in the past 10 years?

Also since the genre is dead, what are some ways it can be revived? Like what else could be brought to the table that would frakenstein's monster the genre in a good way. Best I can come up with is if they use panoramic paintings for the environments. Would allow vr fags to use vr if they wanted, but just a mouse is all you need. Not sure how character sprites would work though.

examples of 360 panoramic paintings:
artstation.com/artwork/KQmKW
artstation.com/artwork/EKo92

Other urls found in this thread:

erogedownload.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/YU-NO-Walkthrough.png
gamejolt.com/games/frasier-crane-seattle-rampage/146666
tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Kono_Yo_no_Hate_de_Koi_wo_Utau_Shoujo_YU-NO
mega.nz/#F!jIgkXQDY!hE3FQNWl77DkzKErGdz35g
sukebei.nyaa.si/view/76178
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you are in luck, OP.
and just like that, you killed the game.

Try Thimbleweed Park, OP

Meant it like vr would be an option, just like how you can plug in and use a controller instead of keyboard for games.

I'll check these out, thanks.

THREE POINT THREE MILLION DOLLARS

Frasier Crane: Seattle Rampage

also, play cat lady and that other game about a hotel that is having a remake.

If there was one game I could experience for the first time again it would be YU-NO.

I'd like to read the remake if it ever gets ported and translated. Not a fan of the new art though.

How is the remake? I half-expected them to censor a lot of the game because YU-NO has a lot of taboos in it, even by Jap standards.

Back to cuckchan

It's console only and 100% SFW.

so its shit, fucking great.

Some of the designs are okay, but then you get stuff like this where these two don't even look like the same character.

From what I've seen its exactly the same, point and click is slimmed down. It shows you where you can click instead of having to guess. H-scenes skip the sex and just leave the bed talk.

Wouldn't say 100%. Would be M in the US. No nudity but plenty of skin still.

The new art is so fucking bad.

What pissed me off the most is that you can actually play the original version but only as a first-print digital code from the remake. No separate psn release on either Vita or PS4, despite the presence of a PC-Engine section in the jap store.

Fucking 5pb

It's not a PC Engine game. And they would never allow you to play the uncut original version on a console, so it's pointless anyway.

Criminal.

Try Still Life 1 or the Cat Lady, slightly fresher takes on the traditional point and click

The most recent one I played was Botanicula, about a month ago. It was nice and sweet, although very childish. Their (Amarita's) most recent release would be Samorost 3.

pretty sure the genre's dead for good

Play IHNMAIMS

have no mouth and i must scream

foreplay_hentai.swf

Just started the game. I seem to have passed the first fork on the map but don't have an orb placed before it? Did I lock myself out of 100% already?

You'll have to start over from the beginning, right after the prologue. You're going to have to do that a lot in the game anyway. Whenever you see the jewel holder thing make a big flash when you enter an area, that means you're at a fork and should probably use a jewel.
Or you could go full casual and use this guide erogedownload.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/YU-NO-Walkthrough.png

You can't lock yourself out of 100%. You can return to the beginning whenever you want.

Don't use a guide, it's no fun.

This can't be happening.

Nevermind then. How does that work?

Ah. I figured it out. There's an option to restart on save loading.

Yeah, it's in the context of the game too, since you use the reflector to go back. You keep all the items you have on you.

Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love got translated recently, so if you want to play the 35-year-old virgin of Oz then check it out. It's best enjoyed on a DS flashcard.

On the flip side, that means if you use an item you aren't getting it back unless you replay the time where you got the item.

gamejolt.com/games/frasier-crane-seattle-rampage/146666

This idea seems so absurd, I'm excited to play it.

Alright someone WHAT IS THE GAME IN THE FIRST OP GIF

What's it like to drink groaning hollywoodjewcow milk?

Where can I get that visual novel from? The original PC-98 one, preferably. I don't suppose one of the nyaa's has it?

literally first result in your favorite search engine

Well no shit man, anyone can do that. The question is whether or not it's safe, which is why I asked in the first place. I'm not some nigger who downloads off of cnet

If you really mean the PC-98 release you'll need to find the enormous PC-98 torrent that's been rolling around the board for the last year, but there's no English translation for the actual PC-98 version. The English translation is for the Windows PC version which is nearly identical to the PC-98 version, the translation also adds in all the uncensored CG's from the PC-98 version, all the fandisk content and the voices and scenes from the saturn version.
The Windows version, probably, make sure to follow the instructions on the wiki, in fact it's probably best to just start here:
tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Kono_Yo_no_Hate_de_Koi_wo_Utau_Shoujo_YU-NO

Much obliged. I'll see what I can dig up. I only asked for the PC-98 version because I do own an older PC which, while it isn't exactly a PC-98, does give a similar feeling. Plus I can read moonrunes.

mega.nz/#F!jIgkXQDY!hE3FQNWl77DkzKErGdz35g
Developer is Elf

what is all this? Look at this stash you got here

Its called YU-NO, one of the best vns out there.

sukebei.nyaa.si/view/76178

This one has the music, voices, and english patch already applied.

The story about an egoistic, good-for-noting, self-proclaimed "genius" tinkerer, who wants to escape a post-apocalyptic world filled with trash.
A story about a girl, who wakes up without her memories in a mental asylum. Feeling perfectly sane she decides to escape together with her talking stuffed bunny.

Both are one of the best point-and-click adventures I've played.

I liked Chains of Satinav and Memoria. Also The Longest Journey stays one of my favorite even though the devs turned out to be massive cucks later.

he did nothing wrong!

i guess the publishers were the ones keeping those faggots under control.

Oh? I havent heard anything about them, whatd they do?

Pretty much all he does is wrong, which makes Rufus a good kind of character, much better than goody two shoes faggots.

A lot of the usual "europe is for migrants, fuck white people" shit shoehorned in the sequel. I prefer not to play the new game even if the cliffhanger was massive, I keep my TLJ memories pure.

I legit didnt know there was a sequel. Glad I didnt ruin the memory.

Gabriel Knight 3 is pretty neat, shame the models are pretty fuggy looking.

Holy shit, now I need to see this.