Blunder Thread

The industry's not been getting any-better the last few years.

Lootboxes, unfinished garbage marketed towards the Chinese, handhelds with cardboard peripherals for soy-drinking manchildren, "games-as-service/life" bullshit, and the open-world meme seem to be all the rage lately.

Let's talk about the biggest fuckups over the last few years, and what you think will be the biggest in the next few years.

Pic-related.

How? It wasn't mean to be a blockbuster success or anything like that, it did what it was supposed to

It was a harbinger for the kind of shovelware the Sega CD would have, and hurt its reputation despite its otherwise-strong library.

Also helped lead to the creation of the ESRB, but that's more the fault of ignorant politicians and Christian housewives than anything.

Actually TOR was one of the most profitable f2p games at one time

Newfriend detected.

The first Watch_Dogs isn't really a blunder, it was a major financial success and was somewhat popular with journalists and normalfags.

wasn't*

I'm honestly torn between giving the 2017 BotY award to either Lawbreakers or ME:A

I don't know if I'll ever stop beating the dead horse that is StillBorne

I've forgotten Anthem was even a thing because the "gameplay trailer" was such a grand load of bullshit that will never be the actual game it's hard to get invested.

Oh, this too. Stillborne should 100% be the 2016 BotY.

there where far worst games then Friday the 13th in 1988. otherwise I'd say its a decent info graphic overall.

Mark the kike cakeboy is a bigger blunder than everything in OP's pic.

ME:A was the final nail in the coffin of an established and highly profitable IP and had extreme basic errors in development (e.g. picrelated).
Lawbreakers was a new IP that flopped and to the best of my knowledge doesn't have any bugs on the same level as putting a damn gun in backwards.
ME:A is the bigger failure.

So MGSurvive gets to be on the list but not MGSV-written-by-kojimbo-directed-by-kojimbo?

its going to be great game instead of a movie now.

I'm very rarely on Holla Forums and mostly only participate in very specific threads. I know that Marc is the board owner but can someone give me the tl:dr why he is so hated ?

He's a jew. Next?

MGSV has great gameplay and sold incredibly well.
It's just not finished.

Hardly a blunder

Not a blunder cause the Kojicucks will buy anything he makes. Death Stranding will be his most successful "game" most likely.

He's a jew who encompasses every stereotype of the race and bans people over shitting on Nintendo

and the soyjak meme because it's too real.

thank you mark

go and stay go

He's a nintendrone cocksucker with a Mariowiki account.

Forgot Destiny 2, m80boi.

Stay offended, faggot.

You mean Brogrief?

I don't understand that screenshot. Wouldn't it have been infinitely easier to just rotate the gun properly?

Or, if they really wanted to fix the scene - just leave the gun as it was, and have PeeBea shoot itself in the head, killing itself in a senseless act of retardation, and giving a nice little funeral scene that mirrors/references the death of the studio which produced such an abomination.

Don't let the mostly valid assumptions about Adventure Time's fanbase fool you. The game that faggot is holding is actually a licensed game by Wayforward which is a pretty good modernization of Zelda 2.

come on, it wasn't that bad

I finished that on the DS, man it wasn't even fun. If it wasn't Adventure Time, it won't even be played by anyone.

My guess is the length of the gun would have caused it to clip through the camera when flipped, which would cause you to see into the gun. Thus, they shortened it. Real question is why the fuck they couldn't just adjust the camera.

Played it as a kid and it didn't seem that bad, but go and look it up on youtube now and you'll see the animation is just awful, and loading times are the fucking abysmal.

I remember hearing how R* made fun of Tanner from Driver by having you kill him on a mission and making it so that he uses the female running animation to mimic how he ran in Driver 2.
Did they really get that offended by that to where they had to make a game named Driver be more about shooting and shit?

Something about that game always creeped me out when I was a kid. It didn't help that you could glitch through gates by headbutting into them at the right angle, skipping sections of the game.

I think that's the Coleco Adam computer. Fucking thing would wipe your software tapes if you accidentally left them in while it was turning-on, and the power supply was daisy-chained to the printer for some dumb reason.

IBM PCjr. Failed attempt to make a dumbed-down PC for normalfags with a really shitty keyboard and a cartridge port instead of a floppy drive iirc. Tandy borrowed some of the specs from it for their computers and basically created the modern x86 PC market.

ROB the Robot wasn't a big hit in Japan. I guess there weren't many notable failures that year.

Amstrad and Commodore 64 games systems. Stripped-down and faulty versions of computers that weren't any cheaper than the computers that they were sold alongside. Instead of supporting their newer hardware they fucked-around trying to make dated competitors to the NES and Master System, probably a contributing factor to why you'd never hear from those companies beyond the 16-bit era.

The Gizmondo. Almost like a Kikestarter scam before Kiketarter scams were a thing, except it was over 7 years before that shit became a thing and it was funded by the mafia or something.

The rest of those are pretty self-explanatory. I'd say Battleborn was a bigger flop than NMS though honestly. They're both shit games though.

I wonder who could be behind this post

Was 2007 such a good year that Lair was the worst thing you could pick from it? The game wasn't bad, just fucking hard.

I heard its pretty much a 7/10 after the control patch. Not like there's much options for dragon riding games so it's probably at least something for people who are interested in that.

I'm still disappointed by what happened to Sonic 06. You can tell it they were really ambitious, but then every thing that could have gone wrong during development went wrong, and every single good idea from the adventure era got thrown in the garbage.

They even mocked Tommy Vercetti's inability to swim in Driv3r.