2/2 WINTER'S DEMO DAY IS HERE! OFFICIAL DEMO DAY THREAD ~ Holla Forums + /agdg/

OFFICIAL DEMO DAY THREAD ~ Holla Forums + /agdg/

A seasonal community event in which your fellow nodev anons show off their vidya, and for you anons to do what you do best.
Play our vidya, and tell us how we can improve, show us the untapped potential you see, tell us how much our game sucks (or doesn't, after you've played it of course), and why it does or doesn't suck.

Obligatory Notices
Please post criticism/bugs/etc in this thread.
The /agdg/ thread is for posting progress and discussing development. Please refrain from discussing topics unrelated to the demos in this thread.
After this thread is culled, please post criticism/bugs/etc here: or the latest /agdg/ thread instead of creating a new one.

Other urls found in this thread:

volafile.org/get/0NE7uTUrk5fA/vc sona release 0.zip
github.com/ostoru/vcsona
mega.nz/#!crQwkbAC!Vf4B2mUzvVZytmAqIok8VzYgjvjVPG0g1NNHeMVtG-A
doctard.itch.io/historia
mega.nz/#!k2xSlYhD!P2AFyjSNVNM7XQbATx5h_129byy3bL9TFyt2VJpfAhQ
dropbox.com/s/urrnbtayektgpxg/MemoirsOfMagicDemo.rar?dl=0
drive.google.com/file/d/1UplYlyRpb9BHjyi4jWFwK5cb479xbkK6/view?usp=drivesdk
drive.google.com/open?id=1qzxUtfZTVci_V6XrPQQzri3-zxvlOhoJ
8ch.net/agdg/res/29843.html#30653
occultusdev.wordpress.com
drive.google.com/open?id=1scOqv11FkgCp0ajLJRvztmej6STAgX4e
youtube.com/watch?v=Znr1JJLI5uY
drive.google.com/file/d/1luG3J7dp5p6aIZMT7LYKO01DMm3MGW9F/view?usp=sharing
8agdg.wikidot.com/beelzebox
mega.nz/#F!E2BAxQoA!a4RrYvNnQQj7VnR-6RHzMQ
drive.google.com/open?id=1Ec7QpAQU4Idw3MO4x38F4xhn73fmsXCH
drive.google.com/open?id=11jgh4LfNiwXRxfLV-vQyMKQv-ojtxNXn
forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=56740
media.8ch.net/file_store/c5f87bca63f40686ea3368c1fa79b5b732db3d3da1fa322cb7554fb88e09618c.png
picosong.com/wq6pk/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anchor post
Link your demo here for others to see.

High speed Valkyria Chronicles clone

map mode controls:
q/e: cycle through units
prev/next page: zoom and camera speed
wasd: camera movement
left mouse click: select unit, doesn't work on enemy units
action mode controls:
wasd: movement
shift: run (increases over time, uses stamina)
space: jump (requires stamina but can recharge stamina in midair)
left mouse click: shoot
right mouse click: zoom in
R: reload
esc: quit to map mode
game over screen:
esc: quit game (colors only indicate if the side with the last active character won or lost)
bugs and known issues:
for some reason 8v8 crashes, but is too late to remove it
pathfinding breaks randomly on vs ai mode
sensitivity is too small (or too big, i don't remember which) for exported versions
jumping doesn't give enough height most of the time

download here: volafile.org/get/0NE7uTUrk5fA/vc sona release 0.zip
both Linux and windows versions are included in the package
if you want to cringe source code is here: github.com/ostoru/vcsona

Nice, you used the godot engine.

yes, the idea was to make it feature complete for demo day and to despaghettify it for godot 3.0

there is also source code in case you feel like modding, here is an old screen shoot with stolen models, they are still there and shouldn't be too hard to re enable them, there are also some blender files that didn't make the cut but might do for next demo day

Dash Blitz
>>>/agdg/30366

If you like going fast and beating things up, then Dash Blitz should be your kind of game. I've invested a lot of energy into this since last demo day and hopefully it shows.

Gamepad recommended, Dash Blitz uses XInput specifically, but you can remap controls if necessary.

It's largely a multiplayer versus game, but you can have up to four AI characters in a fight at a time. Their AI is a rudimentary pattern, so I have no doubt they can be cheesed to death, but they're more intended as light boss battles. I still need to add more difficult AI patterns with unique attacks, which would ignore knockback and function more like a real boss fight, but that's been benched for now. Currently only #1 and Rondo have Qualifiers, and the tutorial text doesn't change to reflect your controls.

Everything else should be fine, to my knowledge. If you run into any bugs or have any suggestions, or otherwise want to let me know how it ran with your system specs, I'll be checking this thread and the /agdg/ thread. It should run on a toaster but I'm trying to figure out minimum specs for Steam. Hope you guys have fun.

>Unity

My work is pretty early in development and needs some time before it can be really playable. Ideally, I'm aiming for a playable demo by next Demo Day. For now, I have a video that gives the general idea of what we're working with and showcasing a bit of the progress done so far. Most of it is under the hood, though. I made this in the past two hours or so and it's really late, so here's a transcript if the text is too fast. I may do a proper topic in /agdg/ and a proper "home base" for this stuff down the line.

Sentience

I don't have a name for my game yet! This is an offshoot of a larger project I'm working on in Löve (that aims to be an FPS-ARPG with Hexen/Heretic influences) and is a multiplayer FPS. It's still very early with no art or sound yet. The download includes a readme with requirements and known issues and key mappings can be found in game (no rebinding yet, sorry). I'll be keeping a game hosted but the ping might be high for those outside of Europe, so if someone in America wants to host a game too that would be awesome.

Download (Windows, OS X and Linux):
mega.nz/#!crQwkbAC!Vf4B2mUzvVZytmAqIok8VzYgjvjVPG0g1NNHeMVtG-A

There's also a thread on /agdg/ for posting bugs or thoughts once this thread dies: >>/agdg/30649

Here's the hosted game info, apparently I can't post both the link and IP in the same post:

EU Game:
Address: 31.52.105.28, Port: 8666

that is nice, but did you begin with godot2?
I was looking to porting my project to 3 but it was such a mess

i don't plan to port it but rather to remake it, that is why it was important that it was feature complete, so any hurdles i might find they were found and solved ahead of time. This is of course unrealistic by every metric imaginable and as it is stands now is more of a proof of concept than a demo

aggydaggy is just a circlejerk and you know it

going back on topic, here's the abandonware i made for the last demoday
hopefuly everything still works correctly
doctard.itch.io/historia

Maybe I should start working on my games again.

Do it

After running around and trying to fuck with a 2v2 player mode the game slowed down to half a frame per second, started beeping and this shit started to appear in console at breakneck speeds. Fix your shit nigger.

Other than that, here's my griping about the game itself. There seems to be next to no damage falloff at range and you move FAST AS FUCK while sprinting, meaning that flanking reigns supreme. However, AI fucking tracks you through walls. It's stupid. Will post more later, for now here's a console log.

Do you take suggestions?
Mine is You Never Die In Hell

We were royalty.
Pretentious indie name with undercover racism. Perfect name.

Thank you to the user that gave feedback and suggestions. I already made some changes to make server corrections more lax so hopefully jumping doesn't make others want to vomit. I'll leave the server up but I'll be AFK getting shit done.

Suggestions always welcome. The name knocking around in my head right now is Ex Inferis.

I'll be in enough hot water about that /agdg/ swastika.

What swastika ?

>Ex Inferis
ow, the edge

yeah, go for it, oyu want edgy

We brainstormed a new logo for a while to differentiate ourselves from halfchan's /agdg/ threads more easily, and this came rolling out.
There's also a version with the knot going the other direction for people who are afraid of backlash, but this is obviously the better one.

Its shit, make it something like this RBG graph. 4 sides only symbolized cuckchan more. Make it 3 sided RGB pattern.

Hey, I have a problem with your demo on Linux Mint. It says :

"Error Cannot compile pixel shader code: 0:16(15) error no function with name "gammaToLinear"

It's two figures of 8, an infinite knot, and the name simply has 4 characters so we can't really do anything about it.

Huh. What are your specs? Does your hardware support OpenGL 2.1+?

Intel i3 with the integrated graphics card, I think it's hd4000.

That should be enough, let me give you a different one with non-essential shaders taken out and see if that works for you.

Can you try this one: mega.nz/#!k2xSlYhD!P2AFyjSNVNM7XQbATx5h_129byy3bL9TFyt2VJpfAhQ

Error
class_assetmanager.lua:86: bad argument #2 to 'newImage'(string expected, got table)

MoM user here, with a new revision that has Tweaks and Changes just for Demo Day!

dropbox.com/s/urrnbtayektgpxg/MemoirsOfMagicDemo.rar?dl=0

IMPORTANT: Use the EXE file to launch this game. This project has been tailor made specifically to be presented and run in a specific way which all the options have modified for. Running it any other way may cause undesired effects or oddities!

ALSO IMPORTANT: Of all the bug fixes I made, the only one I couldn't fix was the soft locking when exiting the shop. It seems random, and bizarrely enough, it doesn't seem to appear at all in the full game release?… Its quite strange.

Make sure to report any spelling errors or bugs to me so I can fix them. A word of the wise though; this game is pretty tough, so keep that in mind when you go into it!… In addition to this, this demo does support multiplayer. If you were to do such things, I would recommended using Zdooms/GZDooms multiplayer function, as this game was built around it with that in mind. They will most likely be issues if you play with over 8 people!

I am curious as to what you all think too, so feel free to share your thoughts or ask any questions here, as I will be more then happy to answer any questions in regard to this demo!

It should ALSO be noted that this demo covers they first 1/5th of the game, so you should have a pretty good idea if you like this game or not based on the demo. That being said, I hope you all have fun!

Can you check what version of Löve you have installed? I think it might be outdated. It should be 0.10.2

I have 0.9.1, I'm going to purge it.

Sorry for the confusion user, I'll add that as a note in the readme.

The Mint package isn't up to date.

You might need to add the repository, try this:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bartbes/love-stablesudo apt-get updatesudo apt-get install love

Again, sorry for the inconvenience I'll try and make sure I've got a bundle for Linux in future.

No worries I got it to work properly, thanks !

Hey, can you tell me how to remap the keys ? I don't have a U.S. keyboard and pressing enter doesn't work.

There's no rebinding right now but the keys are set up to use scancodes, so the controls should still work on foreign keyboards. Let me know if you run into any problems though.

Here's the demo for Erni's Iceberg. It's an arcade style fishing game where you catch fish and crab and collect them in your bucket, while avoiding leopard seals that will try to eat you (and your fish).

drive.google.com/file/d/1UplYlyRpb9BHjyi4jWFwK5cb479xbkK6/view?usp=drivesdk

Hey I'm the guy who was in your game just 2 minutes ago and the scancodes sort of work but the key stay binded to the original U.S. keyboard. Your W is my Z but it's still my W key that goes forward.

You mean you could use both your W and Z keys for forward? Or were you forced to still use your W?

No, just my W.

That sucks, I'll look through and see what the problem is and bump up rebinding on my to do list. Thanks for enduring it.

No problems, great demo m8, I hope you make your dream game.

Good job Mark. Way to ensure this thread will be fucked.

Thank you, I hope I can make it. Also I was being retarded and not using scancodes for local input and just menu/chat, it should be an easy fix.

HOLY SHIT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR A MoM DEMO FOR AGES

Looks fun.

No Linux ?

It depends if GZDoom/Zdoom runs on Linux systems. I don't own a Linux system, so I am not sure!

I think it does.

If it does not work on Linux out the package right now, I will invest try and invest time into creating a Linux version after the retail release, depending how difficult it is!

Is they a reason people don't make a lot of games for Linux?

Quite spicy. Reminds me more of SNES than Hitler, though.

Everyone use Windows so if you want to make money you make games for Windows, that's the logic.

I wouldn't worry about it mate, It's just a doom mod. A TC, sure, but still just a doom mod.
Bundling the engine is fine for normalfags (adventures of square does the same), but most folks who'll want to play on linux should be able to figure it out for themselves.

Thanks!

kill yourself, virgin!

Is it time for some demos?

Sorry I'm late to the party! I slept in.

Anyways, here's the second Demo Day for Occultus. This demo is somewhat special in that it's quite a lot longer than anything else I've put out. So I don't necessarily expect everyone to make it all the way through, but if you do then bravo, well done etc.

drive.google.com/open?id=1qzxUtfZTVci_V6XrPQQzri3-zxvlOhoJ
8ch.net/agdg/res/29843.html#30653

There is information about known bugs and new changes in that post if you would like to read about it. Anyways, enjoy the demo! Leave feedback for me here or in my thread, or on my site via the contact page. Thanks for playing!
occultusdev.wordpress.com

Fuck

Dropping hosting for a little while because I need some food and break. If anyone takes up hosting a game please let other anons know in here.

Enjoyed our rants about society.

Don't mind me too much. I sometimes wander off to what could have been.
Here, have an 8kb PC intro.

What specifically happened? I thought I was able to resolve most of the people's issues and got it working.

I also overslept.

Fairly barebones demo of a Tactical RPG I've been working on. Some inspiration from Final Fantasy Tactics and Fire Emblem. Demo is two player hotseat, so if you don't have someone to play with, play with yourself (changed some things that broke the AI and I didn't have time to update it). Eventual goal for singleplayer has free movement on the overworld and battles taking place as shown in the demo… Sorta works, but my collision code is shit. Maybe I'll have something presentable for that in 3 months. No sound or original graphics yet because I'm an autist, not an artist.

Feedback, questions and/or insults welcome.

I'm currently working on some shit in python, using pygame and really enjoying it, 2D shit strictly.

Oh SHIT. I just realized I forgot to push the fix for those damn bats moving when you pause the game! So if you run into that bug well, lol even though I said I fixed it I forgot to include it.

aside form the furfagotry it's freek'n great

Thats all I can ask for really; I hope the gameplay merits can make my game stand out on its own!

10/10

This is pretty dang fun. But I'm getting my ass kicked by these enemies when I try to melee, there must be some trick that I'm missing. I just fry their asses with the gun instead. I did enjoy getting a billion items from this one chest that was guarded by like 10 Goblins though. Having it all spray out like that was really great.
Seems really, fun I'll have to keep playing when I get the time.

I like the aesthetic of this one. My only issues were mainly graphical.
Probably just Unity being shit though
I liked it, just needs some polish. How long is it? I haven't finished the second level yet.

You can sidestep the skeletons, slimes, and goblins attack and fit a few swipes in. For the tentacle monsters just ranged them, I don't think there's a way to melee them without getting fucked

Fuck,i'll think about it.

There are four stages, so there were two more after that one. The issues you are having with the scaling is likely due to the fact that I have it set to only support 16:9 resolutions right now. This has to do with the implementation of how I'm scaling the resolution down and while I do plan on having it calculate the proper res for 4:3 resolutions, right now it's only working with 16:9. The launcher shouldn't have given you the option but its possible I made a mistake there.

I'll try shrinking the text down on the opening in future builds. The reason it has those black bars is because the menu graphics(IE the maps, the menu, and the intro) are all made in SNES native resolutions, which I was doing as a gimmick. Maybe I'll put some sort of graphic on the sides like pillars or something.

As for the last part, are you saying that you mistook the lighter colored background for a platform? I can kinda see how that might happen now that I think about it, since the actual platforms are too similar in color. I'll probably either darken those background bits or lighten the ground bits.

Yeah those tentacle guys were just messing me up every time no matter what I tried. I figured out how to fight the goblins better but I just started avoiding the skeletons and tentacle guys since I found I could just outrun them.

You are right you can simply outrun the enemies in the overworld. Also, that user is right: Don't try and melee the ropers. It is possible, but I wouldn't recommend it!

I am glad you like that inclusion. The final version of the game has A summon for each elemental weapon; so they are 5 other summons in the game!

Wasn't doing so hot with the Thief, switched to Warrior and had much better luck.
The berserk mechanic I found neat due to its regen effects, and the shotgun felt great to use!
Made it past the graveyard puzzle before killed by a greedy goblin ambush, looking forward to playing the rest so I can experience
Also really digging the artstyle and music.

If any of you fucks get famous you better not do a Notch on us.

I am not sure if you read the books in the libary, but the cross bow and earth tome have special qualities to them. The Crossbow, if you shoot it when it blinks white, does critical damage. The Earth Tome shoots more in less spread if you dont charge it.

I am glad you like the overall art style though. Its inspired by Camelot Games old stuff

Oh nice, I hoped you'd upload something soon. I saw your stuff in that one Doom thread, I was the one who posted the STALKER map. i'll have to get to it later because i barely slept and i have work to do but I'm looking forward to it

I really like that low resolution aliased 3d look for some reason. I had some issues running a server though
I couldn't see it with a port checker either, is it UDP? The mouse capture and the window itself are weird too. I can still look around while typing this post and I can't mouse over the window to move it without the game capturing it. Looks pretty promising though.

I'd buy Holla Forums just so I can gas mark and imkikefy

Ah, okay! Appreciate it!

And then you'd have to run Holla Forums and Holla Forums
That's a task I wouldn't put on my worst enemy.

I only got partway through the second level before I was ultimately too bored to bother continuing. I have to agree with about the text being awful to read. The main menu's text is too blended into the background around the edges. Anything small, like level intro text, can be barely made out. I also noticed a lot of jittering in prologue text scroll, along with jittering in some of the parallax backgrounds. As far as gameplay is concerned, it functions well enough, but the lack of a crouch swing is baffling. The pc also jumps up way too fast, to the point it's impossible to time any attacks during the upswing. During a jump, attacks only come out at the peak of the arc or coming down from it.
During the boss of the first stage, the hit effects were way too overblown. The screen doesn't need to shake with every swing that connects. The sound also felt too dramatic.
As also pointed out, on the second level, there's way too little distinction between platforms and background elements. Don't ever make parts of the background the same color as platforms you're supposed to stand on. This was especially confusing with the trees, as they had darker portions to them. This gives the implication that the darker portions are intangible background tree, and the lighter portions are tangible foreground tree.
That's all I feel is worth pointing out in the current state of the game. Things like enemy behavior and placement, I would criticize, but a lot of the problems feel more like things you haven't gotten to, rather than outright mistakes or bad design choices.

I forgot to say that I was running in 16:9 resolution.

Thanks for the feedback. Löve uses enet which as far as I know is built on UDP. It should work on Linux but I've not got around to testing that locally. Once I start making packages for Linux I'll start including Linux in my testing more.

Also I forgot to note that the second link has fixed chat while hosting a server: mega.nz/#!k2xSlYhD!P2AFyjSNVNM7XQbATx5h_129byy3bL9TFyt2VJpfAhQ So anyone that wants to try hosting should use this version instead.

well this entire project is dead now
fuck gpus

Absolute madman.

You're not going to wonder why he needs 2 1080's to play minecraft?

He's modding it heavily to have it with one of the Mods that overhauls the graphics to give it realistically depicted shadows and lighting and also affecting shading and color. You need a beefy machine for that.

Reposting the link because I forgot to link the anchor post.

I thought Love was only 2d? what the fuck. Just one question, why not Doom or Build, both are open source, both are feature rich, and both have strong documentation.

Love2D is a framework that runs on Lua. It's certainly oriented towards 2D but if you write the 3D functionality yourself (or use an existing library, which there are plenty of), it'll support it. Hell, you could probably tie it into the 2D functions as well.
As for why that user's doing it, I couldn't tell you. But hey, I've seen platformers in RPG Maker, so I don't question it.

Pretty fun, no complaints. Entered a mirror in the tavern, pic related, got killed.

My game has a lot of silly secrets like that, so I would recommend keeping your ears open for them!

Just saw this, was "they is" intentional?

Oh whoops, that is a spelling mistake. I gotta fix that!

A lot of my motivation for making it is learning. I wanted to learn how to implement things in a similar way to Doom/Build so I have a better understanding that I can then apply to other things. Although I've done a lot of running in circles wasting time since I originally used BSP trees then dropped that for more Build-like system with portals. For example, learning how to compile BSP trees made it easy for me to apply that sort of knowledge to doing raycasts for the hitscan weapon that work through sectors. If I used someone else's solution I don't think I'd learn as much or as in depth. I understand if people see that as a waste of time for the end result of making one game but I think it gives me more tools to make better future games.

Using Löve is mostly convenience because I was already familiar with it and I'm pretty productive in Lua. There aren't any real rendering limitations if you extend it or roll your own things like previous user said.

Did you miss that one?

Is that wording weird too?

I just read the first part, took a screenshot, and then posted.

Hey dude I like ray tracing and I've seen your posts, you could use it to pre-render assets for a different engine

realtimerealtimerealtimerealtime
there has to be a way to speed this up there always is there must be failure is not an option

Thanks for the feedback, I always value it highly. The text issue you guys noted was something I actually put in my linked thread as a known issue. Perhaps I should have posted it here as well. It's using the font from the main title screen which isn't suited for that small of a font size. I just haven't gotten around to making or finding a good one that will work yet, it's low priority at the moment.
Some of the issues you mention are due to the overall design of the game though, which some people don't find appealing. I'm imitating many things from the original Castlevania games on the NES and some things, like not being able to hit very low as you're jumping up, are carryovers from it intended to make the player more cautious about when they jump. But like I said, not everyone likes that style of gameplay and I'm aware it's pretty niche.

The lack of the crouch swing and the platform coloration issue is definitely inexcusable though, and I'll be changing them soon.

By the way, one other thing I noticed is that there are quite a lot of grammar and sentence structure issues that you should run by some sort of editor before releasing. Certain things are said like "x was done by the king, king essay…" which is very awkward sounding, and like others have pointed out there are some other minor grammar issues. So just as a note, you should try and get some editor to run through the text and tidy these up, it'll make the presentation of dialogue as professional as the rest of the presentation.

I am aware that they are many grammatical issues. I was hoping for anons to point out some of them so I can fix them.

Yeah, it should either be "some of the uncooked ham" or "some uncooked ham"
Using just of there doesn't make any sense.

There is a way (although for path tracing instead of ray tracing) which has been used by a few researchers, but the result is still too noisy currently. Vid related.
Some of the things done to get this speed:
Of course all of that combined with something like youtube.com/watch?v=Znr1JJLI5uY might make it doable already.

But I know I've used used the rise of a jump to aim weapons in classicvania. That's why I tried to do it in your game. I generally find it easier to aim with the rising arc of a jump than the falling arc.

A major part of the problem with real time path/ray tracing is that consumer grade GPUs have crippled drivers that lock off some of the functions needed to do it at high speed. $10k professional GPUs are less powerful versions of the same chipset, but they get to use drivers that are actually good.

oh god, i know this is going to be disgusting by the end, but that's why i have RegenerateObjectCache
that was on my GPU, cpu multithreading might be useful for BVH regeneration
next thing i'm going to work on is this
my tiny quadro m3000m will prevail

What would you do if you were eleven and had two 1080TI's and three monitors?

There's some pretty impressive denoising filters in the works.

Looks like a halfchan clover…

read

that's not really for raytracers, that's for a pathtracing, which naturally has noise due to the random nature of the process.
i'm going to implement all sorts of rendering methods though, once this runs at a tolerable spped

speed*
fuck

Great, Keep at it then, it looks good.

Couple of things I found:
The banker has some strange dialogue, most notable is his "I'm no king" one, and in first pic, it should be "than accumulating"

Second thing: throw is spelt wrong in the corner when I picked up some furniture, because I can do that apparently, I accidently killed the guy too.

actually, Throw is suppose to be abbreviated as THRW. its the same with DRGN too.

I will make sure to tweak all this stuff though.

i was rendering the scene 8 times
oops

and since i'm rendering to a textured quad now i can do scaling in opengl, so here's some fun with 800x450

Well, I'm very late to the party but there's a demo day somewhere in the world, right?

drive.google.com/file/d/1luG3J7dp5p6aIZMT7LYKO01DMm3MGW9F/view?usp=sharing

Here is the latest, bleeding edge build of Beelzebox, with added randomly generated dungeons, an automap and a robust menu.

Gameplay tips:
8agdg.wikidot.com/beelzebox

Hope that both new and returning players will enjoy playing, critiquing and sharing their thoughts and advice, be it here or under the official /agdg/ thread: >>>/agdg/29865

you don't know how tempted i am to make a demo using my raytracer, even if it'll be late

Unnamed Metroidvaniaesque Sentai Styled Game
I'm still early in development but I've got most things down in terms of movement and stuff down.
You can play what I've got done so far here:
mega.nz/#F!E2BAxQoA!a4RrYvNnQQj7VnR-6RHzMQ

My vision for how the game is supposed to be by the end of development is that the map is laid out similar to a metroid style game with backtracking and power ups and so on but at the same time broken into parts or "episodes" if you will, with the game starting, having a small cutscene to set the premise and probably dropping a hint on where the boss should be on the map, going out and exploring, fighting the boss, then having a round two where you fight a giant boss in your mech. Controls are in the game.

Main things I'm looking for feedback on are timing with the dash and attacks. As in how small should the time be in between taps to count as a dash and the time before you're allowed to attack again. But any feedback and suggestions are welcome. Note that when you make a successful hit you can attack immediately after. Also Note that if you kill the guy in the room to the right of the starting area before activating the button you are stuck since enemies don't respawn yet.

To be honest though at this point I'm unsure of how my main characters will look. At first I wanted them to look like similar to super sentai but I've only just heard about how jewy saban was for chroma squad so I guess I'll just do something a bit more original. Ive been getting into ultraman and kamen rider nowadays anyway so it might turn out more like that.

THANKS

I haven't worked on it in a while.
I hope you have the best High Quality 30 seconds of this thead.

Whoops

Ahh I wasnt aware, the items may be faster in those games than I thought. I haven't played in a while. Maybe I'll try speeding the animation up somewhat.I'll play around with things, there's probably a middleground to this that I'm missing.

I mean, maybe I'm misremembering, but I swear you could do it. I don't think it worked with the whip too well, because of the delayed swing, but I'm pretty sure subweapons came out fast enough for it to happen.

A way to see keybindings would be nice. Also tabbing out froze the game for me.
I was having fun before that though, the ridiculous weapon names are a nice touch. The automap is functional, which is as good as a compliment a map can get. It'll be nice to see this fleshed out more.

damn user, pretty impressive,
you must have been working non-stop these last few days to get this done

If I were to make a suggestion, I'd suggest making melee combat more interesting since you'll be doing so much of it because alchemy and magic points are so hard to come by. Maybe have combos like Demonsteele.

Do you come with the g..game?

I lied, before I get BVHs down, I need to re-implement reflective surfaces.

How is making an FPS controller in Godot?

Easy enough. Need help with anything?

Eternus
Oh hey I'm making an MMO, mostly just to learn about all of the stuff that goes into developing one and see what I can do.
I wrote my own netcode from scratch.
Demo is in a very early state, don't really have much content, but please try to overload my server. I'm interested in seeing how playable the game is when it's already laggy as fuck trying to shoot space spiders.

Current clients (dev 0.0.1.0)
windows: drive.google.com/open?id=1Ec7QpAQU4Idw3MO4x38F4xhn73fmsXCH
mac: drive.google.com/open?id=11jgh4LfNiwXRxfLV-vQyMKQv-ojtxNXn

I am trying to figure out why my linux builds won't read some data I'm packing into the data folder as a part of the build process. Once I have a chance to sort that out, I will also provide a linux build in demos.

Instructions
Download and extract the client.
Suggested to launchit in windowed mode, you have to force-kill it otherwise.
If it says 'unconnected' underneath the login fields, you haven't connected to the server.

At the login screen, enter whatever information you want.
- If no account by that name exists, its yours! And the password you entered is used for it. (and yes, it's encrypted)
- If an account exists, and you have the wrong information, you will not be able to login.

Controls
WASD - Move
Mouse - Aim, Left Click to Shoot
Enter - Chat
C - Open up profile/stats page

Notes
Yes, I know its barebones as hell, most of the progress on the game itself was since just after christmas, and I work full time as well.
There's nothing to spend Brouzouf on at the moment, but you can spend exp to increase your ships' stats. Dunno how that works.

==one more thing== (before I get buried)
Click the portal button when you spawn in to teleport to a map with actual mobs on it.
The mobs are 'north' (does that even make sense in space?) of the gate on the 'training' map.

Nah, just asking because I know Godot 3 is the first version where the 3D engine isn't shit so I just wanted to know if it was any more difficult than other engines. Specifically Unity because of transferring over that C# knowledge

Unity is a pile of shit from the screenshots I've looked at. Godot makes sense and is simple yet powerful enough to handle for my purposes.

I would love to learn Godot and eventually migrate away from Unity. The first impressions of Godot I like but I just can't wrap my head around it or get comfy. Is there a particular mindset to go in with? Seems loose and flexible and 3.0 looks exciting, but I just don't know where to really start coming from my background in Unity with familiarity in normal programming in C-languages.

It looks really interesting. I like the lizard-dino dude, animations are really smooth. Keep up the good work.

Well, this is what I get for trying to implement drop rates without much testing. I guess this is fine for a demo, with the limited content at least you get to go nuts and slaughter everything.
I'm glad the weapon rarity display is intuitive.

I'll look into that. Exclusive fullscreen mode is kinda janky in Unity.

I hope that on 05/05 this will be exactly the situation.

Thanks a ton.

Most of it was done within the last month, but if you put together the disjointed dev sessions it would make a few days. The final push was to get monsters to spawn inside the randomly generated dungeon without a hitch and ironing some awful bugs with the menu, which I did show off some time ago.

Oh, while I'm at it. I updated the upload because the menu still had hiccups. Just look at vid related. Upon starting up the game for a second time, all audio sliders went to zero.
didn't fix that video option resetting, WELP

I'm gald you're still posting, user. I haven't played a good diabloclone in a century. Really liking the progress so far.

thanks for posting. here's a video of us meeting in-game. As said, the rubberbanding is likely caused by my connection more than anything else but I guess we'll have to see other dudes' feedback.
While tere's little to do, I saw your progress vids and I'm expecting good things to come from this. I don't think I know of a space shooter mmo.

This is great so far. I like the music and aesthetic. Is it going to work on Linux? I got a bunch of errors when I tried to run it as-is with my copy of gzdoom. Shredding up those books is immensely satisfying and all my other screenshots turned out black because i didn't use the ingame screenshot option. I like the Imp's revolver.

This is cool. I love that lighting and the UI is neat. I don't think I had any technical problems with this one.

Maybe it's a virtual machine

Alright, I'll try hosting tomorrow. Something about this seems really promising.

This is cute. Is there no sound yet or did I fuck it up?

Holla Forums should make their own AGDQ

if the real one started off in someone's mum's basement, surely we can start one too.

We have NASA North American Speed-running Association though.

no i hate americnas

Then it's a good thing we also have the ESA European Speed-runner Assembly.

is there one that doesnt make me fall asleepjust by redaing the name?

No.

I feel like if you could make the characters either really unique or customizable you'd have a winner on your hands. Figure out a specific gimmick and that should inform the rest of the design.

The gaurds just stopped moving and attacking me.

I love the idea, but the execution will definitely require quite a bit of despagghetification.

The way everything shakes except for the AK will definitely need your attention. and something happens to the sensitivity at times, as seen on the webm

Giving the characters more movement freedom is a great idea, expecially when you implement those buildings. I would consider giving them a bit less movement points though. The time to kill for overwatching AIs is pretty ridiculous as well. But perhaps there are rules I need to follow because there was a game when I dominated them… I think

Hey, thanks. The full game is planned to have 20 characters and I was hoping they'd be recognisable at a glance, so I don't know about the logistics for customisation, but I've spent a bit of time plotting those out. #1 and Rondo are a bit plainer because they're the core duo that lays the foundation for everything else to contrast with.
I probably should have included a more recent screenshot but I was in a rush last night.

I don't suppose you tried the game itself? The other two characters, Sherpa and Kero, stand out a bit more.

the fuck is wrong with me. Stg, MP44, or whatever it was called

also, what's up with the characters suddenly getting a boost of shooting speed and moving on their own? It is cool, yes but kinda unexpected. (00:45 on the webm)

Still, this demo is a very pleasant and unexpected surprise

I've been craving a Diablo 1 inspired game for decades!

Nono, you got it all wrong!; all you have to do is launch the game via the exe. if you run the game any other way, the will be unforeseen errors!

I am glad one of the most common compliments though is the aesthetic!

thats because your wanted level is down now. You commited a crime before, which fills up the wanted level rating on the top right corner of the screen.

No sound yet; LIKO-12 is still a work in progress and doesn't have a sample editor or music tracker yet.

Threads gonna be unstickied soon.

It's the 3rd after all

What a shame. I was expecting more demos but this selection is all quite nice.

Seems like this was less eventful than the last one, but at least I hope the anons that posted got some good criticism and advice.

Seems to be a lot that went wrong. Guess that's what happens when I only have a small range of hardware to use. My servers are hosted remotely even from myself, but I haven't had issues like that.
Where are you located in real life? Server is in the "cloud", but physically in california I think.
Somehow you can't move yourself on the server, but can still chat. I'm weirded out that you were able to move so far that first time, and then it rubberbanded you all the way back down.
It's also interesting that the background isn't rendering properly, what graphics card were you using?

I'm also noting your shield isn't recovering, and recovery stats on the stats page are fucked up.
I'm using TCP, so there shouldn't be any packet loss that fucks things up.
Was it behaving the exact same way once you relogged?

Also here's a video of old laggy behavior with bullets. I've isolated and fixed lots of lag issues already, but I know there's still more to crush.

This is adorable and infuriating.

Such is gamedev, but the lesson is learned.

Always be prepared waaay before the demoparty, and be sure to bring enough beer for when you have to crunch it at the last minute. There is never enough time.

Okay so now that the site seems to be working I can finally post my thoughts:
High speed Valkyria Chronicles clone
bad
good
other
Okay so maybe my toaster can't handle the engine but anything more then 2v2 and the whole thing lags and on 2v2 shooting is so fast I need to have damn good reaction time because the AI on 2v2 Human immediately shoots my dudes on the spot.
Dash Blitz
bad
good
other
So what is this a time trial Mega Man X type game you plan on making? I like it, just be sure to curb Unity's memory problems as much as possible and take advantage of verticaility. Also don't be afraid to throw a fuck you to the player every now and again I'd be disappointed if this game was easy the whole way through.
That FPS Online Thingy with the Jumping Color Thingy
I skipped it, your "here is 20+ versions in case this other version I uploaded isn't working" shtick in this thread made me weary to even try it.

Historia
The .rar file was corrupted all the times I tried to download it, sorry man.
MoM
GZDoom, unfortunately until some new parts come in I cannot play any GZDoom built games. It's not your fault it's the guy who works on GZDoom's fault. Fuck him.
Erni's Iceberg
bad
other
This needs more sound and some polish to entice the player to keep playing.
Occultus
bad
good
other
I also didn't like how just moving forward would not be enough for those crumbling walkways. Overall I think you'll need to spice things up a lot and fix that fucking jumping, otherwise I couldn't quite tell you why I wasn't sucked right in. Maybe you should play Ghouls and Ghosts, since my gut says if this game was made easier it would be worse since you gotta keep the players on their toes. I will say though if you made some extra sprites for those far ledge jumps where it looks like the guy barely stopped himself from slipping it would do some wonders, and add a 1000 ways to die. Maybe even make the enemies on screen dance, cheer, and jeer the player every time you die.
Fire Emblem Knockoff
bad
good
other
Nigger I really hope you set everything up so it's not painful to add polish when the time comes. Get some tutorial or tooltips I was not amused to find out the cowboy had to reload the first attack, and I was clueless what those weird numbers that were cropping up whenever I killed somebody were until the match was over.
BeezleBox
bad
good
other
Nice callback to Trstram there user, don't think I didn't notice.
Unnamed Metroidvaniaesque Sentai Styled Game
It's okay I guess, it's kind of weird that the PC had less animation then the fire guy.
Eternus
other
Could play it, no comment.

And that wraps everything up then.

that may not happening due to the caco awards scaring graf away. That may be a good or bad thing, but that screen shot is a little disappointing considering It should be as graphically intensive as a N64/Dreamcast game. I hope GZDoom gets improved.

I can play N64 and Dreamcast games just fine. GZDoom uses the latest OpenGL which isn't even readily adopted yet. For no reason I might add. On top of cutting off backwards support to add icing to the cake. It sucks too cause I wanted to play that fully 3D game a while back too.

GZDoom will be better off when Graf is gone for good, he is not even a graphic programmer but more of a application one.

The issue here is that whoever replacing him may be much worse then him, so who knows whats going to happen next. I am just going to stick with GZDoom 3.2.0 until things start to look up a bit.

I don't know anything about low level graphics programming, but why does he think GZDoom needs Vulkan support?

So that he can claim his shitty port uses modern rendering feature while actually using none of that which he does it right now with OpenGL 3.0
forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=56740
Now what brings their modern rendering technology to the table? A dynamic lighting that is still broken were it causes seams all the time and the new shadow maps rendering looks like ass too. Gimmicky bloom effect, dynamic lights are still limited to point lights only so modders that want to have a flashlight would need to create several point lights and more.

Doomsday uses OpenGL 2.1 and has more fancy rendering methods, but sadly still no decorate like support to this day.

Yeah you have some point, I don't have much faith in Rachael that it is going improve GZDoom in any sane ways. In fact that cunt thinks that Graf is a great programmer.

He suffers from the same problem 3DRealms did with DNF. He keeps wanting to use the latest, most advanced tech, even though it's a really stupid idea.

Small level geometry problem. When I approach the doors in the tavern from this direction i get stuck

What the hell am I supposed to do to get to the room west of here?
My biggest complaints so far are that projectiles are offset from the center of the screen too much and that ropers are impossible to kill in melee.

Thats because the door is an actor, and has a square hitbox. Unfortunately in the GZDoom or Zdoom engine you can not specify the X and Y radius separately for an actor.

They is a solution to this room, but I will give you the answer in a spoiler. Look behind the waterfalls in the room.

Also, Ropers are suppose to be difficult to melee. You are not suppose to melee everything.

I had looked there but that lever blends in really well.
For that letter puzzle what am I supposed to enter to get the optional treasure? I tried "open sesame" but it didn't work. Is it broken or is there some other answer. I also suggest putting a raised platform to make it easier to see the letters. And putting the answer to save the queen in an optional dialogue with a guard is a bad idea. Maybe work it into the dialogue with the king bee because if I had decided not to talk to random npcs it would have been really frustrating.
And what am I supposed to do after saving the queen? Does the demo end there?

Why would the demo end on an optional quest?
You should be talking to NPCs to begin with. In your first run, it'd be a bit silly to just skip though all the dialogue now, wouldn't it, especially in a game like this?

Heres the hint to the puzzle though. OPENSESAME does work, but I think you spelt it wrong.
Another Hint here. OPENSESAME is not the only answer to the word puzzle
I will look into putting a raise platform though to help with the puzzle, but you do get a good view of such things during the cut scene itself.

That was an optional quest? I thought that one seemed like a main quest and the mandrake place seemed like an optional one. Is the mandrake boss where it ends then?
I tried the letter puzzle again and neither opensesame nor hocuspocus opened the door on the right. Also I have 3 keys in that dungeon and I don't see anywhere to use them.

The Mandrake boss is also optional. And the 3 Keys are used in the main rain with the water in the centre after the big stair way at the start of the dungeon.

Also, those SHOULD work, I am not sure what you are doing wrong?

Now that's some hyperbole user.

Cheers user, Dash Blitz's primary goal is fast, fluid and fun, so I'm glad that's coming across.
I do need to clean up #1's swings a bit, the hitboxes generally match his animation but still feel a bit small.

The time attack stages are character-specific challenges, they're not meant to be especially difficult - think like Break The Targets in Smash. A fun distraction but I wouldn't want those to be too hard, the challenge is on coming back and doing it faster. And #1's stage is a tutorial on top of that.
The meat of the game is fighting with other players or AI. If you want more to play, you can change characters and set up your opponents in the lobby, then go fight in the stages to the left. Just remember you're activating every teleporter, background button and item the same way and the rest should be self-explanatory.

Those keyholes were hard to miss too.
For the letter puzzle, just to be make sure we're talking about the same thing I already opened the room on the left with hocuspocus and I want to open the one on the right. Could it be because there are multiple copies of the same letter and it only triggers when I use certain ones? I recorded entering both of them so you can see how I entered it.

You already opened the thing with OPENSESAME its the cage in the front!

I know. I'm trying to get in here though.

You learn the solution to that at In the full game

Where? There's an empty magic place and the tavern's got nothing. I've also killed just about every pig in the forest and stolen all the meat from the castle as well as stolen the pie from the windowsill. Where the fuck do I go for HP items?

When you reach the shop in the next town it will open of those closed gates in the magic shop in the first town. I was confused about this too. Maybe there should be a sign explaining how it works inside the magic shop or some in universe reason why the gates are closed at first.

Where's the next town? So far I'm stuck at the golden chest trap in the middle of the woods and I have no health items as the gunslinger. Which means I'm pretty much a glass cannon. Also can you level up?

The next town is pretty much straight east from the castle, but you have to do some puzzles before you can access it. You can buy stat boosts in the shop.

You level up your equipment by spending gold at the shops. The Town is found within the Misty Forest.

Also, you can heal at the tavern by sleeping in the bed the Bartended lady tells you to use. You can also Heal and Regain mana by sleeping in tents in the over world.

You mean through the graveyard? If that's the case I'm fucked. I have no health items and I have to complete the trap section to get the golden key.

Fuck it. I just went god mode and moved on. The pigs should respawn or something. If I didn't have god mode I would have had to load back several saves.

I had the same problem with getting stuck without healing items. Before the mandrake boss there's no way to go back. I didn't even realize I would have to fight a boss when I went there. In the dungeon enemies spawn on your way back from getting keys, even in areas that didn't have enemies before and in ways that are particularly difficult. For example in the section with crushing ceilings there's a roper that spawns right next to you right before you need to stop and time your movement, then there's one of those teleporting wizards that instagibs the imp and you have very little room to dodge his shots.

The enemies need work that's for sure. As well as my weapon not firing where the target is but that might be an aspect ratio problem or something.

But you can sleep in the Inn or In the Tents in the Overworld Forest. You can also walk back from fighting the Mandrake Boss which teleports you out of the Dungeon. If you are worried about being killed, maybe put your points into Defense.

The pigs re-spawning would make the game overly easy.

1 pig per pig area or something then. Either way you can't have finite health items before your first shop and then put a tough fight in between that.

The problems is that at that point if I wanted to sleep at the in or buy healing items or buy defense I would have to fight through the difficult section that I needed more health for or reload a save from way earlier. If there's enemies in front of me I can go back. If I'm locked in a room with enemies that I'm not ready for I can load a save from a minute ago. If there's suddenly enemies behind me I can only go through them or load a save from 10 minutes ago.
There's no indication that the doorway in the mandrake room leads outside of the dungeon, it just doesn't make sense that the door you just walked through will lead anywhere other than where you came from. So instead of walking through the door I loaded a save from 10 minutes earlier.

YOU FUCKER

the gun and the camera are using the same parent so it looks more static, the shaking happens because I forgot forgot to cull the extra floating point numbers
i'm also using an animation to aim instead of using transforms and having the animation mimic the movement which makes the problem worse than it should be this is high on the re do queue

it seems that that character forgot to deactivate itself, the shooting rate has two modes, active(player controlled) and passive(ai controlled) and here is using the active shooting rate.

enemies aim through walls because I'm a terrible programmer and couldn't get visibility to work on time without hard coding everyone or implementing complex math which i couldn't anyway because I'm a retard
i was sure i eliminated that, but it seems like i didn't, is just a checkbook somewhere but still need to find it

overall i would like to thank and and apologize to everyone that tested my unfinished and buggy mess, it was unfair to ask your time to test that incomplete demo and not warn you on its shortcomings.

also found out that ending turns while jumping would not terminate properly and you get basically infinite turns ****, similar bug for ending while aiming at a character

one complaint i didn't get was the UI, so i will count that as a success and put it on my resume

sorry for the late replies, i got nervous and closed the thread

How the fug did you get pixel-perfect rendering in unity?

If people are interested, I'll probably post a giant guide on how to do it on my website. It's fairly involved but once you nail it down it's actually a pretty simple solution. The only issue is that it's pretty difficult to remove the jittery nature if set your native resolution too low and then scale up too high(this is what people were noticing with my opening scrawl earlier).

Wow what a champion, all this feedback. Thanks for the feedback. I've been trying to adjust the jumping over time. Since at the last demo day people didn't like how floaty and slow the jumping was, I sped it up this time. Is it just the speed of the jumping that's at issue, or is it something else? I feel like a lot of people have an issue with it but no one can ever articulate exactly what it is.
I'll keep fiddling with it, but I feel like maybe adding more "hang time" at the peak of the jump might help.

Okay, either I'm retarded, or something's up with my copy of the game, or maybe there's a huge joke everyone else is in on but me.
But how in the fuck am I supposed to replenish my AP?
I got one AP potion starting off, along with ones for HP and MP, and I remember someone saying "good luck with those freebies, getting new ones is expensive", but I'm just gonna have to take that at face value, because I can't find a single person or place to buy new ones. The magic shop is a completely empty room, so no help there, and the library mentions that increasing your AP is necessary in one book but never explains how to do it.

Also, goblins: they steal your gold with their attacks, and they steal a lot of gold with their attacks, but when you kill them you don't get your gold back. Guys talk about how health restoring items are a limited resource, but losing 100-250 gold per goblin and being unable to retrieve it is almost as bad.

Melee combat needs reworking one way or another, because with magic and alchemy both limited resources, it's gonna be your main go-to for most of the game. And while it's fair to expect taking some damage when you're getting close and personal, what's not cool is having a hitbox so small that most of your attacks just swish right over a slime or armadillo's head. Or maybe they're not hitting because I'm not close enough. Either way, the melee hitbox should be a little bigger.

pick gunslinger if you want a low damage revolver, otherwise you're almost right. not sure if the other classes can make ammo but the gunslinger can make ammo but I have no idea how to use the enhanced shells on

I sort of concerned that I may actually have to dumb down the difficulty a bit. Maybe at the start, at least, since it seems quite difficult for you (I probably make it so the goblins only spawn at the start). However, I am concerned since a few of the complaints about difficulty can be avoided, such as storing your money in the bank (and thus it can not be stolen). Also, it is stated how to increase your AP; you take the Intelligence upgrade, bought at the shop. As also stated, the Actual Shop entrance is at the village.

that's actually a great framework for something potentially amazing. It was fun playing against myself. Here's me fucking up the necro. Corpse explosion worked like a charm against the pesky heroes but the paladin was too much for the undead.

Really good work and a fun surprise because I don't recall seeing the project on the threads.

I got better! I wasn't able to defeat the headless rider during the last demo day.
I took the liberty of playing some music during gameplay, something fitting, I hope. Makes quite a difference. You really need to add music for 05/05.

I like how uncompromising the game is. Getting fucked up by badly timed jumps and falling into the water in the Lake of Mosters was a humbling experience.

Will keep playing, the Nintendo-hard Nintendo-like gameplay without saves is something really rare these days.

I didn't tell you before, I really like the sprites in the game, especially the spear-wielding skelles.

cute, fun and simple.
a sea lion ate me right at the start once - what are the odds!?

This LIKO-12 thing is pretty interesting. I really like how slippery the ice is.

You're still working on Brotherhood, right?

He was asking how to refill AP, not just increase the maximum. I guess it makes sense that resting wouldn't give you ammo, but it also doesn't make sense that a potion would give you ammo. And it's just weird that the only way to refill it is with a consumable.

Its actually the only potion that doesn't make a gulping sound when you drink it, since you don't drink the Alchemy Potion!

The only way to Refill AP though is to use the Green Alchemy Potion.

Hey man, I'm really glad you enjoyed playing it. Music is definitely a very high priority thing for me right now, but it's something I want to do especially right so I've been trying to find the right person, and trying to find the funding I'm going to need to pay them. Rest assured I will be cutting zero corners in that regard.

When you hit jump but not forward you cannot move forward in the air even a little bit, that is the problem.

That's mostly a design choice though. And I accept that there's a large number of people that don't like that style, but its an intentional design choice that the game is built around(ie to force the player to consider their jumps).I did play with allowing minor jump control in a previous build but then the fans of the old school style didnt like that, so Inended up just sticking to my guns on that. For what its worth though, I have planned each level based around the idea so there arent necessarily unfair challenges due to the lessened control. Its all possible.

You're just going to have to tweak it until it works then, some people will always give it the tank controls treatment. Keep that in mind.

Gotcha. I've mostly accepted that as an inevitability really, its the case for basically any type of game at the end of the day. Even with Dragon Ball Fighterz, it has all the competitive depth of anything other team fighter but because it uses nonstandard inputs there's still a group of people that dismiss it. Still, I'll keep tweaking and messing around to find the best middleground I can.

Consider something like La-Mulana. You're committed to walking jumps, unless you hit a wall. A standing jump means you can't move, until the highest part of the jump where you can change direction. What you might not want to copy is that doing that last thing will give you full air control (used in certain falling puzzles).
It's not as realistic, and people still tend to complain about it at first, but it opens more interesting possibilities and feels really good once you're used to it.

you can not censor the truth. YOU CAN NOT SILENCE THE VOICES OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE. people deserve to know that the corruption is real. TRUTH IS JUSTICE. mark and his biased and corrupt abusive moderatorship should step down and hand the board off to responsible people who do not abuse power and censor people. they are playing with the ability to ban people like a game for their own enjoyment.
save this before it's taken down. they don't want you to find out what is going on
media.8ch.net/file_store/c5f87bca63f40686ea3368c1fa79b5b732db3d3da1fa322cb7554fb88e09618c.png
http s :/ / me d ia . 8 c h .n e t/ fi le _ s to re / c5f8 7bc a63 f40 686 ea336 8c 1fa 79 b5b 73 2d b3d 3d a1fa3 22c b75 54 fb 88e0 9618c .png

hummmmm….. user….

It's been spammed on every thread. Mods were deleting last night but their asleep I guess.

Anyone wanna finish my game for me in return for 30% of my share of the profits if any? It's too hard. I'm so shit.

That's not how it works.

What are you making?

Hey, its MoM user again. Based on a few of the common concerns for MoM, I devised a to do list to perhaps make the start of the game a bit more forgiving. I want to thank you all for your critique that you have shared!… Heres what I am thinking of tweaking! (I will also post this in the main AGDG thread.)

- Have an NPC tell you in the first city that enemies within the Land of Magic are optional, and can be fled from
- Have no Goblin Encounters until the first dungeon is cleared
- Include an Extra Alchemy Potion within the Grave Diggers hut
- I could perhaps have it so that you can Use the Death Cap, Mandragora and Nitro Gel to get minor benefits (10 Mana, 10 Health, 10 AP). This would give them a use if you are not playing as the Imp or Mage!
- IF the Ropers are Still difficult after all this, I will nerf their health down to half… but ONLY for the first area. Afterwards they will still retain their 250 HP. They may be easy after all the above changes
- I may exclude ropers from Spawning in the Land of Magic until After the first Dungeon.

Were they any other concerns I should adjust?… I think people wanted me to raise the platform for the First Dungeon to make the puzzle a bit more easier to solve.

Ha, good one.

Not even speebot made more than like 10 sales and I'm the only one playing it in the recent month

I definitely like this version more than the last one. I like the characters having their own style and flavor, the art style is kinda charming.
The gameplay is managable when playing 1v1 but the ffa brawl is so delightfully chaotic I have no idea what's happening.
I actually like the AI, at least while I can't make out its pattern. I actually got my ass kicked at least once
Kero best fighter.
I definitely would put a bit more work into the hub base and keep adding polish and detail. Especially on the animations, as #1's swing animation seems broken and the camera sometimes zooms out for no real reason, not to mention that perhaps it should be a bit less frenetic

Bold dream user

I played your demo twice over and I'm really digging the vibe so far. I'll give you proper feedback in the agdg thread

picosong.com/wq6pk/
If you want you can consider Die Totenmaske (the rpgmaker version) a demo but as of now we're moving onto a new, 3D, version of the game and changing engines (The rpgmaker version is more of a proof of concept than anything else).
As of now I'm remaking the enemies in 3d and redoing the soundtrack. Our lead programmer is testing shit.

thanks, bro. Really appreciate it. Hope you'll forgive me my my ramblings on the lore

why everybody has to kill one another
is there other meaning in games?
why not rape, yeah we'll fuck your wife and your wife's daughter
if you are an indie start making good innovative ideas, make the game and we can pay in in crypto money so they won't shut you down
i'm still waiting a game with good ideas, not just mindless killing, how about some mindless rape instead, he buddy ?

ok send it over, my name is notch