Monster Hunter General /mhg/

MH PSP DOWNLOADS

Freedom Unite: mega.nz/#!87AwmQDD!NlXnMcsIhAliHovCHVvySkY1yo5Zlw3cj4ffUGm9I2w
Portable 2nd G: mega.nz/#!FvomDA7Y!7rYPTlPjbRU_UkX2qVbPEii2zxSID_dAWYdO01XhmsI
Portable 3rd HD for PPSSPP (English Patched): mega.nz/#!3kxWTZpQ!FPNkkIlFY6kmX_XEdw_AzNnpdaj1wqbmw4ALHZo_c4M

MHXX DOWNLOAD

If you scan the last pic in the OP with a home-brewed 3ds with the earlier versions of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.

Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?264641-30-1-2015-CIA-Format-DLC-s-Themes-amp-Updates-Section-Posting-Guidelines-PLEASE-READ

Resources:

>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH4U Relic Chart Stats and Images: imgur.com/a/b3xwy
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

Other urls found in this thread:

famitsu.com/news/201801/31150829.html
archive.is/g8oVg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Monster Hunter World

Last thread didn't reach page 13 yet

What's a good dragon element IG? I'm looking at Giant Nerd's and it seems pretty good, I just don't feel like fighting him again so soon because he's a massive faggot.

Let's open the new thread with a joke.

This is quality.

Who wants MHW, I got one more PSN code.

I've got a friend who's been wanting a copy since I've been sending him pics from it.

ill suck ya dick

hunting horn is le.gs o/nly

IIRC the rule is either page 13 or bump limit.

I've been playing Monster Hunter World off-and-on and
I'M LOW RANK AS FUCK SOMEBODY HUNT SHIT WITH ME
thanks for responding to my post.

Again? Stop. OP is a faggot.

No. Why would you ever post before reading the rules? It's page 13 or 700 posts.

I hope there's no next time cause this shit is ban-worthy.

Hang yourself

Yeah but like what's that from

okay

Maybe later, if I feel better!

Reminder to bully Niggigante like the little shit he is.
Does elderseal deal more damage to dragons and causes more stagger?

It's probably just that all the monsters are shit tier in world.

brutal

Elderseal prevents/removes powered-up effects on dragons, like Kushala's wind barrier or Kirin's charged mane. No idea what it does for Nergi.

Shoulder tackle is such a broken move.

What happened to GS? No, really nigga.
Not even baiting. Someone explain this shit to me. Where are the fucking charges?

This rustles my jimmies. But I guess at this point it's just yet another mark against world.

You should be comparing it to the base games, not the g versions. It's still on the lower end of the scale even considering that though, but it's not nearly as drastic.

Normal Charge, Super Charge, and True Charge or something, that shoulder tackle can be used to cancel charges into the one above, so if you wanted to true charge the fastest it'd be shoulder tackle, cancel super with tackle into true.

Shoulder tackle is a free block with earplugs that gives you a charge level and also moves you forward.
I love it but it makes playing GS braindead easy.

Capcom couldn't get away with reusing the same 10 decade-old assets this time, smart guy.

wot n tarnation

fucking WHAT, I thought it was reduced damage or something when I heard the sound but an outright block is fucking ridiculous.

View MHW the same as Gen/XX. Something that you wouldn't play if there was an actual mainline game out, but there isn't, so this is all you've got.
I've been enjoying it a lot more than what I should be tbh. I've played since 3u and the only thing holding it back from being better than XX and Gen is the lack of unique monsters. All despite how easy it is, but I'm no speedrun WR setter and also using weapons I've never used before thanks to playing on a controller.

The only reason not to enjoy MHW is because you've been playing since the PS2 days or you're some retarded monkey that can't help but parrot other retarded fucking mong opinions while simultaneously being a shitter. The sheer amount of people I've seen complain about the game while at the same time complaining about a bunch of shit literally made to support shitters is astounding. They're complaining about this shit they could stop or simply not use, but simply because of the fact that you can use it means the game is hot garbage.

I support fucking anything MH related as long as it gets it off the fucking 3DS.

It is, you even see the guy take like 40 damage from Nerg's sidescraping. It does block roars though.

Ok block is an exaggeration, its just super armor.
It's still incredibly useful though. You can use it between wide swings to reposition yourself, you can use it to cancel charges and move forwards if you're out of range and move on to the next level of charge as well.
I pretty much never stop using it because why the fuck not?

That's not saying much.

u wot

Stay mad, fag.

Don't forget that they have an entirely new classification called endemic creatures now which are like frogs, birds, rabbits, beetles, etc. They dont really do anything but give you research points or be pets though except for the environmental trap frogs.

There are 3 types of charges. You can skip charges to move to the next one with the handle bump attack.

That's the damage he dealt to Nerg through the dash, there's no numbers for monster dealt to hunter damage.

Ah alright

That shoulder tackle can be used to cancel charges into the next tier. MHW has three charges, something like charge, super, and true. You can shoulder tackle from charge to skip that charge tier. So if you pull R2 and the press circle, it'll do normal charge, but then cancel it into the tackle, which you can enter super charge from, which you can tackle out of into true charge.
O>R2>O>R2
Means you're on the highest damage charge level. Even with charge canceling, you have to wait for the hunter to put it on their shoulder and do that little bob to start the actual charge before canceling it, so it's not like you can super quickly get into the true charge attack.

Yeah, if that's what the number that popped up had said but you can clearly see the tackle did 10 damage to Nerg and it's not what I referenced to begin with, I was just eyeing the HP gauge. On a 2nd look it looks more like 20-25 damage though.

Sorry.
It's 10:30pm here and I'm drunk please no bully

If you dont think Vaal Hazak's theme is the single best theme in world then get out of my face.

Man, I went through the whole game without realizing you could do that, thought you had to roll into tackle the whole time.

Nerg and Teo are actually a pretty good challenge and can one-shot you easily, he just got fucking decimated there.

Don't worry, user. I switched to using hammer because I thought they made GS useless until I realized you could cancel the charges 30 hours in.

What the fuck do you use for charge attacks then?

Triangle like in any other Monster Hunter that isn't the PS2 ones.

Man that "charge" by the monster 4 seconds in looks silly as fuck. The thing basically just teleports into the hunter. It's damn legs barely even move during it.

It has been so long since I've played 4u that I forgot that X was the charge and not the R button.

New meta.
You don't sheathe GS anymore with hit and run tactics. You shoulder tackle through attacks (you take some damage), and try to pull off final/true charge, whatever the 3rd style charge was called.
I like this new play style because I have played so much GS that I dropped it out of boredom after 4u

FUCK, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT, THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING

oh shit wait did satan just mega bait me?

XX is better X is about as shit but still better

Tri had less, but there is still not much to defend the small roster. Other than they promised free new monsters, but it seems to take several months between adding new one.

THAT'S the best MHW can do? Sounds like shit.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

you'll know when you can pirate it on your toaster Aberto.

They catered to normalfags, and they got the normalfag audience. Face it, Monster Hunter is over. YOU are no longer a Monster Hunter fan, THEY are. Go home, man. Find something else to like. Watch some Anime or read some manga while the Jews still haven't corrupted those too, you only have until 2020.

At least post the real source user: famitsu.com/news/201801/31150829.html

But yeah, looks like our last hope was killed by bored PS4 owners with nothing to do since everything else for the PS4 is already on the Vita anyway. At least we had a pretty good decade of games though.

But anime has become normalfag thing too, and most anime is kind of bland and low effort adaptations.

Can't argue with that. XX didn't fix anything but it's still better than X.

Who knew that a good game that appealed to more people and got hyped out the ass by social media would have made a lot of sales?
Who seriously did not see this coming?

Just report and ignore shitposters, don't feed them (You)s

That's right fellow gamer, sales are linked to quality.

Yeah, exactly, thats why people are buying the game.

You have no idea how bad things are going to be as the 2020 Tokyo Olympics start to ramp up.

So whats the consensus with World, is it good or not?

Holla Forums's mad about it, so take your guess.

No
Its a ok monster hunter clone but its not even dark souls 2 of monster hunter

Any other non-pros wish they'd waited for the PC because of the frame rates?

See and decide for yourself

is right, it seems like half or more of Holla Forums hates it, but the rest of the world likes the game except for diehard nintendofags. I was worried at first but I played the shit out of it and its easily among my top 3 monhun games due to the gameplay alone.

No because the games gonna be shitty regardless of its frames
Im only playing World because I have to so I can confirm distaste
I dont like complaining about games I've not played

It's okay, I thought I would've liked it more but maybe I'm finally burning out on Monster Hunter.

Paid DLC for the first time in the series, and see pic 2.
They're trying to kill it boys

MHW is triggering journos.

archive.is/g8oVg

Holla Forums hates it so its good.

Bitch slayed the monsters for beginners and think he can talk about how the hunter are the real monster ! HAHA SO FUNNY JOKE in 2004 maybe
Anyway, that wasa stupid idea to make monsters passive in low rank
Let him do a quest in HR or one where there is Bezelgeuse, and read the fucking texts, see how passive and innocent the monsters are

It's, may Allah forgive me for using this word,
A
FUCKING
ROCK

This type of shit is why I love Monster Hunter. Too many other rpgs portray humans as some week as race. MH is like FUCK YEAH HUMANITY! now go outside and kill all the animals you can find and make a hat out of their cubs head.
Humans are the biggest meanest predators on the planet and our entertainment mostly reflects that fact. This series lets us scratch that killing fluffy animal itch we have without actually killing fluffy animals. Remember Jesus was a fisherman an actual hunter and only sub human faggots care about creatures below us on the food chain let alone fake digital ones.

You can only eat once every 10 minutes at camp. If you cart you can't just instantly grab another meal. You need to wait.

Do you think a GaymesJourno™ would be able to crack nuts by hitting them with a hard object? Nigger would starve on an apple orchard during harvesting season.
Of course he's amazed by this.

Is this what is was like for SMT fans watching their franchise degenerate into normalfag pandering as it happened?

Shoo shoo, (1) and done.

Pick one and stick with it, friendo.

Their excuse is they couldn't use decades old PS2 assets anymore you stupid nigger.

WHY is this so hard to understand? Monster Hunter generations and down were using old as fuck PS2 assets. This game uses completely new models textures and animations. You can't simply port over every monster in the series into an HD game without it looking completely fucked up. They have no excuse for gen 5.5 though. I want to see every god damn monster imaginable in HD. Especially this cunt.

This is exactly what it was like.

it's shit.
there are even people here that actually bought it after the demos so the franchise is basically dead like most capcom titles.

It's a good game, and a good monster hunter. Sour grapes because he bought a switch lmao

Monster Hunter is the most normalfag it FUCKING gets in Japan. It's their call of duty for fuck's sake. They have whole sections of theme parks dedicated just to Monster Hunter. The series has always been normie tier. I really fucking hate hipsters like you.

Judging by the shitty quality, its probably from a hentai anime

Despite all the casualiation and huge list of problems world has I'm enjoying the game a lot more than i thought i would. I'm still in low rank about to hit high rank so i haven't yet experienced everything I but i think if they revert some of the changes to a handful of mechanics and throw in some more monsters in G/expansion it will be a great game as of now it is 7/10, 8/10 if being very generous.

It's just a hand full of salty nintentoddlers shutting up every general with their buyer's remorse. They can't openly shit on the playstation 4 because they will get banned so they do nothing but lie about various aspects of world because sour grapes.

World is top 3 tier MonHun.

That would only be true if a new mainline Dragon Quest came out at least once a decade.

Just wait until you see the new improved deviljho, user.

In the span of a week it's gone from THE BEST to top 3. In another month it'll be worse than XX where it belongs. Seriously buyers remorse is hilariously strong with world.
But it looks pretty, and I guess that's all that really matters

No one was saying it's the best ever. It's not 4u. No game will likely ever be better than 4u. The game hit the perfect equilibrium between fun and challenging, but the only thing on that list that is even remotely true is the music sucks.

You really need to play video games before you whine about them anonymously on the internet.

What game is more casualized in the series than World. The monster AI bugs out and will overwrite all priorities with sleep, even if you're wailing on him. HBG has the "special ammo" which charges up as you deal damage and functions exactly the same as hunter arts.

Really it sounds like you haven't played the game

why don't they like fun?

It's an official Monster Hunter clone more than an actual Monster Hunter game.
It's playable but if you really liked the older games for it's less hand-holding elements and restrictions it's terrible.

Yes. This is just like the Personification of the SMT series except this is actually successful thanks to capcom actually advertising the series for once.

Dragon Quest doesn't get as frequent releases as Monster Hunter does anymore.
Dragon Quest is more what Zelda is to the West than Call of Duty

Anjanath? I find him much easier than the pickle.

Not at all. It has potential to be top 3 even #1 but what we have so far is probably one of the worst.

It is the most accessible monhun ever but there is a legitimate reason for just about every change

5 MILLIONS SALES IN 3 DAYS
2 MILLIONS SALES IN JAPAN ALONE

are you sure that you're not a nintoddler?
the only decent monhun for the ninty handhelds was 3u even with the shit water combat
i could list the problems with 4u but this is fucking tiresome by now but whatever
for normal play
at higher level play

Holy shit shill lurk fucking more

7 million with shit taste

So conflicted

I was going to argue your points but you say 3U is good when slime exists and is beyond broken. Fucking retard.

I was accounting for the upcoming PC sales later this year.

kek
even then 3u is casualized since they bumped up the defense for the western crowd so 3g is the way to play it.
and slime being broken doesn't change the fact that the weapons back then are still competitive with one another compared to 4u.
p3rd is the de facto game if we're bringing upt the 3rd gen.

Every weapon with slime is competitive. Amazing balance Capcom.

i'll take an attribute being broken over half the weapons being trash.
you're not really disputing any points when all weapons have access to slime so it's fairplay. kelbi bow is cute but nothing more.

My point is you're stuck using a slime weapon regardless of weapon type. It's still trash, just in a different way.

These fags can't afford a ps4 and are salty as fuck. It's delicious.

I have a ps4 right here. Played all 3 demos. Was disappointed. You're the cuck paying for online.

Every opinion discarded. Jesus Christ.

It's meh, 8.2/10

If you played all 3 demos then you're paying for online too because the first one required ps+ stupid lying faggot.

I got it for 1 month to try the demo. That doesn't stop you from being a cuck to continually pay for it.

Looks like we're not the only cucks paying for online

No wonder you pay for online.

No. Not Ajanath. Get your ass to high rank, user.

yea, and i'm not arguing that 3u was good balancewise just somewhat better than 4u when it came to it.
getting stuck with certain weapons while all the weapontype being competitive is much better than getting stuck with a weapontype since half of it were shit.
besides it's not like you need multiple weapons for each weapon type in 4u too(aside from elemental shit) so it's a moot point.

You tell me

Just because IG, CB and GS were broken does not mean the others were shit. I had plenty of fast 140 solo clears with hammer, and I used more than 1 hammer. Not just a fucking slime hammer.

I don't know it's worse than skyrim

But those things happened.
That's the opening number for almost every MH game in japan since the series took off, I don't know why that would be surprising especially after how many of them bought that turd MHXX

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Stay salty makoto.

I am more surprised they all went out and bought PS4s.

Nope, DmC flopped
Just proving that MHW doesn't alienate japanese fans

That's what the limited edition PS4 was for, to get the ones that didn't have a PS4 to buy one.
And this is japan, you had people there that would buy each limited edition Monster Hunter system each time they released on just because.

I referring to the game being redesigned for a wider audience not the sales. MHW has the same core design that all of Capcom's Westernized released had.
It's more saying Japan doesn't care about the quality they just see the Monster Hunter logo and pay. If they cared about the actual games MHXX wouldn't have sold as much as it did.

Skyrim is better on PC with all the mods, don't tell me you bought the console version

>Monster Hunter: World. It's the grandest, most inclusive installment in the series yet
>the series needs to EVOLVE. This is evolution people. It's becoming better by adapting, accepting and tolerating others just like our society should be… Love this game, just as we should love and accept everyone.
>huge sales will ensure this remains the official feel for the series for many years to come

match up exists, gs still had shit matchups against shit like chameleos so ig was able to take 1st place because it was consistently good at everything.
hammer has good matchups against special lot like the crabs for example so it was able to hang in the tier 3 with sns with their average 140gqs time being slower by 3-4mins compared to ig and gs. after that is a cliff since half the weapon's averages were still slower than hammer and sns by 1-2min.

Yet they will still defend it. This is a tragedy.

You're really reaching here

Not really, it was made by the same team. DmC and Lost Planet 3 was made by a western dev

I could say that for all MH games post FU

Monster Hunter hasn't been Niche for at least 8 years user. World is a good monster hunter. It's 4u with open environments. The only thing I hate about this game is the gathering hall is completely redundant because you can join posted quests in town.

Are you sure you can read nigger?

Seems to me like a lot of the monhun players on here turned out to be tremendous hipsters.

core design =/= dev team. It follows the same mechanic simplification, player risk reduction and cinematic experience rule set that capcom enforces on their other westernized titles.
Post FU? Hell you could say that starting from MH1's psp port where the port had legit flaws but still was successful in japan.

Oh please shut the fuck up sweetheart. The game is practically rainbow hued. The armor pigments on high rank gear look like kirin vomit.

There is nothing "realistic" about the tone at all. All of the gathering nodes are giant blue mushrooms and translusecent crystals. Rathalos is still red, rathian is still green. Objects in the distance are easy to make out. The only realistic thing about this game is the lighting. Night time is really dark. All this darkness and they finally decided to remove the torch. That is the most baffling removal imo.

are you saying they are soyboy?

Every monster hunter has had redundant mechanics shaved away every generation. Are you seriously going to tell me you bitched when they added the combo list? You are a dense, hipster, faggot.

I'm saying they had their minds made up about this game the moment they heard it was going to focus on becoming popular in the west as well.

Are you saying MH have always been a shit game?

I was wary too but when I saw it was the same dev, my worries are put to rest. You have to be a westaboo to fully "westernize" your game like Kojima, I just don't see it in MH dev.

I still say it's because they jumped the gun on the switch and now have no means to follow the series because they thought it would stay on Nintendo consoles. They need a way to justify their buyer's remorse without getting bullied so they are going full sour grapes. All of the anons in Eighth Fleet are playing and enjoying the game. I personally feel this game has the most fun high rank of any monhun. Having to find and hunt monsters in exoiditions to unlock their repeatable quest is a neat idea. Plus the new Deviljho, Bazelguese is amazing. One of the coolest monsters in any game. I also like how trapping a monster unlocks a special arena quest where you can fight the monster without having to track it and still get materials.

The people bitching about this game are salty salty salty.

Older MH games either polished mechanics and gutted shit they were too lazy to fix. Like how you mentioned; they made the combo list which is good legit improvement, then you got shit like when they gutted underwater combat instead of fixing it.
World polishes some mechanics that needed fixing for the better and then completely reworks entire mechanics that have been in the series for years because it would be too hard for the new twitch audience. Like the no loading zone areas is a great improvement, then you get shit like tossing out the already perfect armor skill system for World's baby mode system.
I bitched when they added Charms and Tri tried to push that fucking awful half assed bowgun system, those were legit terrible mechanics.
Also Hunter Style was the worst thing they ever tried to do in the series.

No, MH has good, bad and shit game.

You seem to go on and on about people being salty and nintendrones. You've gone any evidence? Can you prove your statements or are you just gonna keep posting the same pictures with the same godawful filenames that I can only assume comes from goybook? This console war shit isn't contributing anything you double nigger. I'm negative about World and I'll be able to play it when it comes to PC so what are you going to do now fuckboy? Call me a soyboy or nintendrone or some other buzzword?

In the new monster hunter, are you able to eat meals with other hunters?

yes

too bad that monhun started on the ps2 so i fail to see how your appeal to platform has any merits since people that started monhun on a 3ds should be posting on cuckchan instead of here. not to mention that gen4 was a disaster and 3u was casualized for western braindeads so nintendo monhun didn't appeal to me at all.
that said, i doubt you'd get people debating you on worlds since they already left the threads and said their piece and criticisms about the game, all that's left is you lot that dismiss everything as sour grapes and console wars.

The skill point system in this game lets you make good fashion sets and that alone is worth removing that redundant ass 10 point system that pretty much guaranteed everyone was using Athena's ASS to make the most minmaxed possible clown suit available. Let's stop pretending that system was perfect. It was not. It was unique, but the new system has its merits. The removal of negative skills is bullshit though because a handful of them were really fun to have, like taunt. It's balanced out because the best armor skills require 7 or more points. If you want to max out attack boost for example you have to equip and attack boost armor piece on every single slot. Very few pieces have 2 skill points on them so taking full attack boost is basically 100+ negative skills in just about everything else. You aren't getting any other skills. No ear plugs, not tremor resist. If you do you're getting very little. Not enough to help you. The true tragedy is most of the sets have no set bonus. Set bonuses could have really made the skill system in this game shine. Do you take the whole set, or do you mix it? Less then 20% of the sets have set bonuses. It should be 100% @ 5 pieces with very unique powers that would make them interesting enough to consider over a mixed set.

World is excellent. I hope you have fun with it on PC. :)

Can I be the little girl?

Have you read the thread?

They'll be back, they always do. They can't fathom that World is actually a good game and peoples are enjoying it.

They're lazy and just wanted to reuse everything from Jyura. That's why we didn't get the far superior Agnaktor.

I hope so too, despite being negative about it I think I could have fun with it. I'll probably get it once the Ultimate edition releases on PC. It looks fun despite not being what I love about MH (lot less focus on pre-mission preparation and handling the situation with the cards you were dealt/the tools you brought at the start)

We had a thread on this, you can obviously tell its a shill article.

Also, honest question: why are Japs such hot fucking garbage at this game? I've soloed the entire story so far and usually only go back and farm monsters by helping people with their assigned quests. Japs are by far the worst possible players. I got into a LR Barroth hunt about seven minutes after it started and on my way to the guy fighting it, he carts for the third time, ending the quest before I even saw the monster. I just tried to fight Nergigante and had just barely cut off the tail and carved it mid fight like a scumbag not 30 seconds before the third cart. And naturally, the automessage was in fucking Japanese.

He's only seven, cut him some slack.

>Jumped the gun and bought a console
I find funny how a consolefag thinks that those who aren't playing World bought a Switch. As if owning a ps4 is any better when the game is coming for PC.

That's why the 10 point system was good; You had to choose between looking good or having decent buffs.
You want to look good? Rely on your gameplay skills then/learn the game. Just want to kill things faster? Clownsuit for whats best for you and your weapon.
It was all or nothing, you had to figure out what worked best (before Athena's ASS that is) instead of World's "here's slap whatever to get a bunch of small buffs, no worries".

I'm sure after a few games they'll polish the new system like they did with the original system over the years, but right now it's in the same state as Tri's Bowgun system where they didn't think it through enough and it doesn't have enough material to work with to make it great.

For every god tier MH-pro jap there are 40 salarymen and 80 children stumbling along. It's always been like this since the series took off, you're just finally experiencing it now that capcom finally make the online region free.

There are two areas where world fucks up big time.

This change is why you can eat and use your item box at camp. The eating at camp doesn't bother me much. But having access to your item box does. This should be disabled entirely in high rank.

The social aspect is completely dead in this game. You can accept quests posted by other players from town. You don't need to enter the gathering hall at all. Combined with the questing from camp endlessly and you have a perpetually empty gathering hall. They could fix this by forcing you to only join quests from a board they could put in the gathering hall. 16 player gathering hall should have been amazing. I have never seen a gathering hall with more than 3 people. Even in full lobbies.

Agreed 100% on the item box, that shit broke me completly. I was cautiously optimistic about the game, some changes like being able to change gear upset me or how massive the new tacticool super moves are like the shoulder tackle or the bow's dragonpiercer and the bowguns being able to shoot or reload while on the move. I was willing to give those a pass since I love this series so damn much, but being able to grab infinite items from the box at any time from the camp is the single dumbest shit they've pulled. Imagine going hunting in the woods but you bring an entire fridge full of food and shit nearby instead of preparing yourself properly for the day and hunt. Completely kills any meaning in preparing for the hunt. Yeah you could abandon if you forgot something but there was something satisfying about going in underprepared on accident and still winning.
I still don't know how they fucked up the online system this hard, they merged village and guild so people could do the story/singleplayer with friends but from what I've heard the system is completely fucked because you have to have watched the cutscene to join a quest, leading to people starting a quest, watching the cutscenes in it then abandoning it so they can re-host it and have everyone join. And that's not even touching on what you mentioned about gathering halls.

Well for the assignments you don't need to leave and restart the quest. The quest time only starts after you watch the monster cutscene for those quests only. They should have just kept village singleplayer tbh. It lets people learn about the monster and how to fight it. And then once they kill it they can farm it with their friends. This isn't really that big of a deal though. Once you start high rank you barely get any assignments/urgent so the cutscene shit is almost entirely irrelevant. Low rank is short. High rank has tons of content and is HONESTLY my favorite high rank ever. The entire flow of high rank is like nothing else in the series and is full of neat twists to the gameplay of low rank. There are elder investigations where you need to go on exoiditions and hunt down clues to unlock the elder dragon hunts. What's cool about them is if you're a long time fan seeing these clues gives you an indication of exactly what elder you're tracking if the monster list hasn't been spoiled for you. There are some really good ones and unlocking the quests this way is a lot more interesting than simply getting them. There are people who will play this game to completion and never see Kushala

Remember how mhw is trying to appeal to all sorts of people? I think the itembox was made specfically for the kids, girlgamers, journos, and frenchie shitters who all suck at games in general. Whenever I go into the quest I go in prepared, its do or die and I never even consider using the itembox.
The fact that the gathering hall got bent over sideways and fucked is a massive disappointment, Idk why they made joining MP quests avaliable from the town, it was unnecessary and a dumb decision.

The issue is it makes carting have no real penalty. I understand why you can eat during shit, but it completely removes the risk involved with carting, or having to plan when to use certain items because they're all you have during your hunt.

The item box and cooking at camp are so you can keep questing and not have to return to town. One of the dumbest changes in the series and I hope it never comes back. I can deal with all of the changes and I really like this game but cutting the 16 player gather hall off at the knees when it had so much potential is KILLING ME.

NO
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YES!
YES!
YES!
YES!
why not just kill the fish?

>Dozens of threads where the japs kept saying how japanese players were so absolutely better at MonHun than westerners and how them would shit their experience with the new non-region locked server.
I don't know if you're a jap yourself or just a fucking weeabo, but you disgust me.
I played games on jap servers for years, and jap player are by far the most, absolutely worst players i've ever seen, it's incredible how consistent they are on being dogshit on everything they play.
The only exception is fighting games, and only some fighting games at that.

Is there some attack I should be spamming to improve my DPS? I turned my damage numbers off so I wouldn't know.

GL has that heavy slam you can burst fire your whole clip out of, wyvernfire that you can use every 2(?) minutes, and a big ol' stake you can fire if you're playing World.

GL is only good at start and at the end apparently, because of how the shelling damage scales with shelling lvl.
Don't know about sns, but usually you need to match the element if you want to deal decent damage.
There are some new combos for both too.

They nerfed the fuck out of the charged back+O tho.
Now instead of simply allowing you to reposition and deal some good damage it sends you flying and trying to get that mount, I hate it.

Found this on a forum, haven't tested it, anyone try such yet? I'm finding I'm hitting an odd combo where I leap into the air that I haven't been able to replicate unfortunately.

1.3 million in 3 days is not much of an accomplishment for a MH game, though. 4 had 1.8 million sales in two days in Japan alone, and X (widely regarded as the worst game in the series) sold 1.5 million in two days in Japan. They provide no hard numbers on digital copies though, only saying "probably", so they're likely just guessing on the numbers.

SnS was too good in Gen and XX so it needed to be nerfed to be even worse than in 4. They couldn't even keep the oils.

When will this meme die?

I wonder how many monster hunter fans own a ps4 to begin with.

Jesus Christ, that is even worse than just calling MH a DS clone.

Guess I'll be dual blading instead.

MY WEAPON IS BETTER THAN YOUR WEAPON

That air pop move is a straight up FUCKING buff son. You pop inAMDthe air and press circle and you slam down with your shield. This does insane KO damage. Sword is shield is basically a flying hammer now and it's awesome.

Haven't played it yet but it's really fucking hard to know if all this complaining is legitimate or not because I've seen Holla Forums complain like this about every single monhun release.
The low amount of different monsters, environmental traps and paid DLC are gay as hell but an average monster hunter game is still better than a lot of shit other companies put out.

the dlc is just cosmetics so far, nothing that you need as most are gestures and hairstyles which no one uses and everyone wears their helmets. the low amount of monsters is due to them wanting people to keep playing the game as they will be releasing a handful of monsters in future updates as well as bringing back the inevitable g rank in the future which should be around the time the pc version comes out in order to sell it to the pc market.

The environmental shit isn't nearly as prevalent as it seems. The monsters don't go around tripping themselves up on shit benny hill style. T only environmental trap that is consistently there is the Grimylkynes vine traps. You need to be mounted and they will ensnare the monster in vines. But you need to be in the right area. It's the only example of the environmental traps being absolute shit so far. Grimylkynes should not be in high rank, the item box should not be in high rank. Meals are fine I guess. The box in its own 5 minute pre quest vacuum could be fine. But not in high rank. Fast travel should be completely disabled in high rank.

This game is bang for your buck. Just when you think you've beaten the game it goes nah thats just the warm up motherfuckers.

Meh.
So now instead of having a weapon with good damage and agility I have a weapon that forces me to take a risky leap over and over in order to get a stun, and not even to benefit from the opening?
Fucking gay.

Able* to

So how does Fat Dire MIralis fight go? I haven't bothered listening to the soundtrack but I hope new guys theme is half as good.

31 monsters is not an insignificant amount of content in a new generation Monster Hunter. Tri had 17. 17 monsters user. They can't use PS2 graphics in an HD game anymore. The next game will likely reuse monsters and assets from this game, just like the handhelds reused assets from the older games.

I just want to say that I love the weapon upgrade system in this game. Seeing your weapon change over time from something basic into something completely off the wall is neat.

I much prefer this way over the old way. It also keeps low rank hunts relevant.

The leap isn't risky if you git. gud.

Fuck you user.
I did a rathalos hunt with a THUNDER SnS.
Doing the leap a hundred times didn't shave any fucking time off of the 45 minutes hunt I had.
If this was MH4U it would have lasted only 5 or 10 minutes.

When every single 'game journalist' dies.

If you spent less time getting hit, you might've shaved off a few minutes.

Its MH in HD with LR replaced with an easy mode, HR replaced with LR, and G-Rank isn't out yet so who knows.
Simply put, you're allowed to be a lot greedier early on with all the handicaps they threw in, but later on one shots abound so the game still forces you to get good or get carted.

Holy shit 45 minutes? I hunted Azure Rath with a raw SnS in 17 and thought I was terrible with it.
Are you sure you're using it right? I only mounted him twice, the rest of my leaps were slams on his head or done when he was flying and I KOed him a dozen times at least.

>(((Aaron Greenbaum)))
Like pottery.

What, like it's got a gun to your head? I SnS frequently and I don't really spam the jump slash or jump bash. Maybe just stop being a bitch.

Thanks for the replies, honest answers like this from people who are actually playing the game are much better than excerpts from articles and screencapped posts.
I was going to play the PC release one way or another but now I'm glad I know I won't be diving into a world of shit when I do it.

I feel HR is HR. Nergigante is no slouch. Fucker is tough. Bazelgeuse is a real threat, and not wearing the right elemental defenses will get you carted real fast. LR is way too easy I agree. The only monster that managed to triple cart me was Ajanath and that's because I was way too cocky from bullying the demo version. Diablo was pretty difficult too. And no one here should ever have difficulty fighting rathalos. Personally I feel that if someone who has never played Monster Hunter before tried low rank they would get squashed fiercely especially in the later half when you get to rotten vale. Odogaron is no joke. He hits extremely hard and low rank doesn't give you the tools a new player would need to properly deal with him unless you step up and get good at the game. Tempered monsters hit so hard it might as well be F rank. Fucking Pukei Pukei enraged and double slapped my ass on to a cart.

Is there a silly weapon tier list for MonHun? They always give me a giggle. I'm only in the ravine but I've been using the lance the entire time. I feel very safe playing lance, but it can get a bit boring. I try to be a team player poking monsters and giving them a poz load(poison), but it gets a bit tedious.

Why is Datura Blossom so fucking good?
I want to try other boards and swords but they all feel like a huge stepback from that one.

Also I want to try heavy bowgun, which one should I build? Ranged weapons all look the same to me…

All weapon tier lists are silly. Good luck ever finding one that's serious.

Here's mine, adjusted for world

Bro/Top tier:
Funlance
Hammer
Lance
Hunting Horn
Heavy Bowgun

Either you're shit or you're the best in the party tier:
Dual Blades
Greatsword
Board and Sword
Light Bowgun

Weapons I don't like tier:
Bow
Switchaxe
Chargeblade

Kill yourself you fucking weeaboo/baguette tier:
Long Sword
Kinsect Glaive

Did you hunters complete the event quest for Horizon Zero Dawn?

The event is coming in two parts. There will be a second one with a Ashley burch skin for your armor and a bow. The kitty armor is just part 1. I just want the mega man palico. Where is it? C'mon. Fuck. Please.

Datura Blossom is amazing. It's also my favorite. You need to kill Vaal for juts final form and it's worth it. It looks radical

No, but i have a personality chart.

Ah, so you weren't here for the hordes of shitposters saying that it was the best and blew every other title out of the water then.

"Accessible" is just Industryese for "casualized."

It literally is, the director said exactly that in the very first interview after the unveiling.

I don't think anyone doubted it would do good worldwide numbers, but I am honestly surprised how well it's doing in Japan.

In sales, no. In terms of how it relates to the rest of it's franchise, yes.

Shipped, not sold.

This is true though, and quite unfortunate since it likely means Monster Hunter is out and out dead.

>ZINOGRE GEAR GOD FUCKING DAMMIT
Way to remind me of almost every good thing missing from this game.

This personality chart is also garbage and should not be trusted.

Too true. Fresh tales from the scrublands: Jimmy the Jap swings his swaxe around during Bazel's bombing runs.

That is some fucked up logic you have.

user means it's dead to him.
Sometimes change is good.

He means the older style is dead user.

World didn't bomb in Japan, so Capcom likely will drop Monster Hunter entirely in favor of World.

Its the same fucking series you fucks.

Okay.

The franchise name is the same, yes, but that's like saying that Persona isn't dead because there's still games with the Persona title in them being made.

Or it's like saying Persona isn't dead because it's true.

But Persona is dead, the only thing they're making now are Persona 3 games, much like how most likely all we'll get going forward are World games.

That's exactly what you sound like.

How do you git gud at apex rajang with anything other than GS? I get wombo'd with anything else because I get caught up in combos or I can't block. Feels bad

Fuck off Makoto. World is fun. HR is a decent challenge. If you can't deal with people discussing a game you don't like then get the fuck out.

Persona 5 is the best game in the series.

If you're unfamiliar with video games, I guess it would sound that way, since that's the point of using a recognized property name. Perhaps you'd understand better if I compared it to Fallout vs. Fallout 3? Or Castlevania vs. Symphony of the Night?

As a solo or in a group?

evade+3 lance

Invest in a few gallons of industrial lube, and buy a dragon dildo to train your asshole. With a week or two of practice, you'll be able to take hot monkey dick with minimal pain.

Ah, because I own a PS4, so you can't use the Salty Nintoddler line, got it.

At what point did I say that?

>Persona 5 is the best game in the series.
Can't say, didn't play it, looked to be more of the same P3 shit that 4 and Sharp FE were. Hopefully you're right, but I have seen nothing to suggest that that's the case.Man, this really is like World.

We can all tell it's you Makoto. Don't gotta hide. We all know how autistic you are about Persona m8.

No dude. Makoto knows better than the actual developers how their series should progress. Any day now Capcom is going to call him up and fire Fujioka and get the series back on track. Going to release Freedom Unite 2 with even more busted camera controls and an extra 10 gathering quests for grandma, an even shittier UI, and to top it off, plesioth's hip check is going to be zone wide and UN blockable. It is truly going to be a new era for Monster Hunter.

Can we also have more goldenfish quests without provided baits? Really miss those.

But japanese players are worst monster hunter players below frenchfrog. I wouldn't trust Makoto "fixing" MH

I did some testing on how the Attack Power increases from different items stack & measure against each other in MHW
Note, these are the raw damage values, not the bloated ones you see if you look at your stats.

+15
Until cart.

+5
Until cart.

+7
Until cart.

+10
3 minutes.

+25
20 seconds.

+10
3 minutes.
Also affects nearby allies.

Stacking

Demondrug and Mega Demondrug do not stack, and Mega will overwrite the regular.
Mightseed and Mightpill do not stack, Pill will overwrite the seed.

Everything else stacks with eachother, And also with hunting horn songs.
They also stack with all armor skills.

Extra
Eat for Attack Up (L)
Mega Demondrug, at start.
Might Seed + Demon Powder when you are about to engage the monster. (Repeat every time you chase the monster after it flees)

Might Pill is only good in very limited things like using one before waking up a sleeping monster.

Same also applies for defense items, so if you are feeling vulnerable, try drinking a (Mega) Armorskin at start and eating an Adamant Seed when engaging a monster.

>finally beat him on my 5th try
meanwhile, getting vita to play with ppsspp, and trying to get on huntser verse is annoying as hell
so t looks like ill be suffering solo till i put in the effort to get this shit off the floor

This is the best post in the thread and that is some good info.

This is what Makoto believes

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that the MH games did nothing but increase in quality over time. I don't think that's unreasonable, some not as much as others, some had some hiccups, but the overall trend was up. Each iteration, each generation, added and refined the formula, but in doing so, also moved further and further from the original. By the time you got to 4U, you were almost playing a different game. I'd say 3U was the actual last of the classic MH, since it retained the slow pace of action for both the hunter and the monsters. 4U was when they really began to speed things up, at least for the monsters, not so much the hunters. X and XX were actually a huge deviation, almost hurriedly so, hence why it was so utterly bizarre and unrefined. Still a decent game, very playable, but a bad MH. MHW is the natural evolution of 4U, combined with some of what they learned from X, sort of a 'fail forward' kind of thing.

Now, in your examples, you're comparing games with the same name, but different genres, and I hope you understand what makes those cases different than MH vs MHW. Thankfully, we live in a world where isometric RPGs can coexist with bland first person garbage and arcade platformers can coexist with action platformers with RPG elements. But why would they revert MH back to its old form, which was clunky simply for the sake of being clunky and suffered greatly from hardware limitations? If anything, they're more likely to, if they ever go back, produce a MH5 in the same vein as 4, which still wouldn't be far from World, but it'll still be plenty far from the older games.

Apex rajang is actually piss easy, since the rock he throws is a HUGE openings on his part.
Just use a fast weapon and close on him fast, then abuse the trip he gets from exiting apex.
If you have a gunner that can sleep him, place bombs on his head and a covered trap behind him, as he will backhop into rage mode when he wakes up.

Thanks and nice work m8

You're a good man, user.

Don't you know user, its the way MH supposed to be played. any form of improvements are casualized shit

i love this videogame

you mean the disagreement part? because setting up the server program is extremely easy.
You can do the whole thing in 10 minutes if you stop shitposting and focus on doing it.

What does this mean and why is it a bad thing?

I think he means the old games had a lot of dead times that didn't really need to be there.
It's comfy to forage for berries, don't get me wrong, but I don't see doing it twice as fast as a bad thing either.
The loading screens alone made the game take a whole different pace, too.

Can you invite another hunter to your house and engaging in an erotic roleplaying session?

Just wanted to say I'm salty we never got XX in English proper and that World will have to be my next game.

don't be XX and world compete for the worst game, so you'll get the experience of playing a horrible MH game either way

MHXX may be the worst Monster Hunter game ever made, because MHW doesn't even count as a Monster Hunter game.

Ok first of all I was playing with a shitter that carted twice so I was being extra careful.
He also left and no "the difficulty has been adjusted" message popped up, maybe cause it wasn't my quest.
I used the first tier of electric weapon avaible, green sharpness, pretty shitty but whatever I'm good at the game so that went for it.
The last time sink I might have had was using the gilie mantle to avoid any 2vs1 situations with the roaming anjanath and rathian.
In the end I had to capture it as soon as I could, he was simply taking too long.
I must have sharpened about 30+ times, that tells you I wasn't just fucking about.

Oh and of course the shitter double carted and left.

Coming from /tg/ I am utterly impressed by the cynicism Holla Forums is capable of. Truly, the hate and wrath and malice on this board is like a blazing inferno of a furnace. Someone tossess in a dull lead comment and by alchemical fury others try their damnest to reduce it to gold.
I love you all so much, this is refreshing after tiptoeing around in a tumblr slanted disagreement for too long. I can feel the faggotry evaporating as I type.
May the drop odds be in your favour.

That's shitty, user. I will help you if you want. Are you in Eight Fleet?

*Tumblr slanted disagreement
Damn autocorrect.

To not make this post a complete waste, I see the dragon horns have two or more extra songs than mainline. Is there any reason I shouldn't be using those all the time over others?

How do you access that house from the hub. For example. The first house is at the bottom near the commander, the second house is near the canteen where is this one supposed to be? It just kind of exists.

I shall politely refuse and thank you for the offer.
I figured out without times like these there would be little point in learning to play better.
If I wanted a speedrun I could have just brought the hammer.
But more importantly does this confirm there being a way to solo multiplayer quests? Wee need to know, for science.

It's from the Gathering Hall.
I don't even blame you for not going there.

The saddest thing about the gathering Hall has to be the fake gong and the eating table dedicated to the old style fun animations.
Why would they tease like that, it's just cruel.

after a few days playing it, the game is worth being called a monster hunter. high rank does provide a challenge, elder dragons are fun, tempered kirin is masochism. armor skills could use negative skills but i noticed if you dont have some sort of protection you risk a lot so in a way it seems negative skills are in but not visible. the game needs a snowy area and it needs more variety in monsters. there is no reason to have thunder protection or ice protection if just one type of monster deals that element. its better to rock fire resistant shit since theres more monsters that deal fire. that shit needs fixing.

Of course it doesn't. Remember, Pokeman Stadium and the Mystery Dungeon games aren't Pokemon games either :^)

They should put a dedicated online quest board in the gathering hall for peoples to take online quests and make the quest board in the hub strictly offline only.

I figured it was with the Third Fleet given the aesthetic. That way I could spend all day hunting Giant Nerds and all night with Top Slut.

Anyone want to do some endgame huntan with me and another user?
The investigations we are

ID - 3eRfQYJzBJKd

TRUE chart about randumbs made by someone with more hundreds of hours in the series than you can count on your fingers

How do I into lance counter? I always though it was just getting hit, then it auto counters, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

It's not that minds had to be made up, it's that it took a turn for the worse.
I'll give it 10 years until we start seeing sexism scandals in MH communities, complete with white knights, like MtG had with that cosplayer.

People are already calling potatoface "cute" and have already defended paid dlc.

Gathering hall is dead and it is the one change that pisses me off more than anything. I was looking forward to 16 player gathering halls so FUCKING much. My favorite thing about 3u and 4u was meeting randoms in the gathering hall, putting on rank equivalent gear, akd helping them. This aspect is completely dead because no one has a reason to socialize in the hub anymore.

Yes. They should. This should have been the case. The chances of them fixing it are utterly remote. People will bitch incessantly even though this change is better for the long term health of the game.

There are proper eating tables in the middle for 16 people you will never see this because Capcom ruined the gathering hall.

I read somewhere aside from monster patch, they're also gonna add gameplay tweak. I don't have high hope for it but if we bitch hard enough I'm sure they'll notice that the gathering hall is fucking empty

she's cute in the way your chubby classmate was cute during freshman year of high school; you just didn't know/see any better.
At least she's not ME:A ugly

Behold, /mhg/, I present to you all: World's target audience!

The difference is really small.

Greasy autistic jewesses with 'le quirky expressions' fuck this earth

/mhg/ can stay mad about MH:W for all the rest of the world cares, lmao

what you gonna do about it bitch?

We've all figured this out. People just got tired of arguing against "you just don't like change".

Why couldn't they just make a normal-ass hack & slash game with monsters? Why are the fighting mechanics so retarded?
Right analog stick for attack moves? Just use fucking buttons. Who was the spastic that had this idea?

This is basically my only major gripe so far. While it is a lot more stream-lined with things like ez-mode crafting, it's really just quality of life shit that I'm more happy than sad about.

FUCKING DOUBLEFUCK
at least it's a good reason

What game are you talking about?

Handler is cute when she isn't making a stupid expression. She also cooks for you, believes in you, loves you, and will cosplay as much cuter girls for you, as long as you buy the costume for her, because she sends all of her handler money to her sick mother.

She is a solid 8/10 waifu.

While I can appreciate trying to make discussion and defending the thread against the negative Nancies who haven't even played the game, you need to stop with this cuckchan shit.
user I…

Hi dingu. Nice haus

Come on now, she's a 7 and you know it.

Monster Hunter

I typed Zinogre into startpage please no bully.

Can I make a new profile on 4U without wiping all the guild cards on my main?

You mean completely wiping your save? I don't think so. You'd definitely lose anything you have on the cart.

I mean a new profile in the second save slot

Good man user, please post any further discoveries you may make.

And there's the very core of it - I do find that an unreasonable assumption to make. While I enjoy the later games and feel they do make some improvements, especially in QoL areas like Item Sets or the like, overall the level of challenge in the series degrades over time. I think that became very clear to the devs when making 4U, hence why in an attempt to bring the difficulty up they came up with Apex.

I can't really agree with this either. The hunters got much more mobile than they've ever been, while the monsters struggled to keep up, and in the case of Tigrex I swear he got slower if anything.

In many ways, yes, but it's an evolution of the worst ideas in 4U, like verticality, randomly generated quests, and mounting.

Absolutely, hence why I lead off with the Persona vs. Persona 3 comparison, and pulled out Fallout and Castlevania as examples that might be more familiar to other people.

If they see a demand for it, I'm sure they would. Unfortunately, that means the fans need to be louder and more profitable than the normalfags.

No it wasn't

Like?

The Mystery Dungeon games are more like Pokemon-themed Mystery Dungeon games than Mystery Dungeon-themed Pokemon games, so yeah, they're an entirely different genre.

Welcome to the last 7 or 8 months.

So, never?

The guild cards you've already registered should stay just fine.

I have 40 hours clocked in MH:W and I don't know where you pulled this from

lack of second analog stick, shitty framerate, shit resolution, limited data storage, low poly texture,

I almost forgot.

OFFICIAL /MHG/ SQUAD
EIGHTH FLEET
Eighth Fleet squad session ID: 3eRfQYJzBJKd

Joining the session does not change anything. It's like a LAN or lobby. You can still solo quests. This means you can join and continue on as normal while chatting.
When you post a quest, it will be visible to the rest of us and we can join before you depart or during the quest.
For those who still need an invite: just type in the ID in "join online session" | "search via ID"
Reminder that you don't need the ID if you're already in the squad, but if you can't seem to connect to the one that already exists (via squad session search), you might want to use the ID instead.

Unfortunately, the gathering hall hub is near-pointless since you can just post the quests from the village. That being said, we like to see that pretty face, so afk there and not the gay village unless you want to be a homo.

Will reply to this post when ID changes

Fixed:

random mounting? why do you insist talking out of your ass?

I think he means investigations.

Learn to read.

But investigation are actually beneficial to the players, its not even a debate

That's complete shit user, it feels like it was written by a fucking autist jap that doesn't understand humor, apply yourself next time.

Fuck you, verticality is a welcome change. In previous gens the flatness of everything made it so the only difference between hunting grounds and the zones within them was how annoying that particular boss fight arena was to operate in. Verticality added more depth to the strategy and positioning element of the gameplay. Whereas before the only thing to worry about with positioning is staying out of a corner so you don't get fucked by the camera and stunlocked.

They're just normal quests that grant extra rewards and you can only get them by playing the game. Anyone arguing against them is a fag who just doesn't like change.

Makoto?

there is more than one jap in these threads user, Makoto has a very distinctive way of writting and discussing that is easy to spot, the others are just as autistic as everyone else.

I don't give a fuck about MHW but holy fuck for someone so in love with it you seem to spend a lot of time defending the game rather than just playing it

Soon (30)

It's all factual information, who needs jokes anyways?
It's not like a single one of them was funny or particularly witty, the old chart was simply full of misconceptions coming straight from the top tier scrubs that usually post in these threads, stuff like "CB is OP" or "Lance is hard". Whoever made that chart should be the one to apply himself in his first place because it bothered me so much I had to fix it.

Which should I start with? I have a newly-jailbroken PSP that I picked up for a song and a SDHC adapter coming in the mail.

Well I spent the last few hours trying to get it to work
I dont know how other people got it, because nothings working for me.

I started with FU,

It's pretty great. I think a lot of people on here are being fags about it though.

Try portable third, it's short and sweet.
If you like it, go for FU.
PS: Short and sweet means 80 hours long in MH

what is the problem user? i can't help you if you're this vague.

It's…pretty damn decent. I'm enjoying it MUCH more than I did X/Generations since they did away with Hunter Arts. The game looks pretty nice except characters' faces and most of the weapons are fantastic, GS and Hammer especially feel fuckin phenomenal. The idea of the different areas being their own ecosystem is REALLY fleshed out. It DOES feel like a real breathing forest/desert/etc area down to tiny details like these birds that ride on the backs of Apceroses or how the Omenflies will glow white when it's safe but red when a large monster is near.

I do have SOME complaints however:
1. Scoutflies act retarded sometimes until you pinpoint the monster on your map for them to track and ignore everything else. A more minor nitpick, as the scoutflies usually behave as they should, and finding tracks and shit makes you feel like you're actually HUNTING instead of just running around until you run into the damn thing.

2. You can post quests from ANYWHERE in Astera for online sessions; meaning that the Gathering Hall THAT CAN HOLD 16 PEOPLE is almost ALWAYS empty. This completely ruins the idea of having a Gathering Hall at all. I REALLY hope they do away with that and require you to go to the Gathering Hall in whatever their first big update is i doubt they will though

3. The selection of monsters is…fairly lacking. It only has 31 Large Monsters compared to the 81 MH4U had, the 51 MH3U had, or the 58 MHFU had. That being said, it's not like the monsters are UNfun to fight or anything; I just wish there was MORE. Even Tri managed to push it to 35 and Portable 3rd had 40.

this

metafags exist to be killjoys and nothing more

I'd say MHFU, it's the quintessential starting point for Monster Hunter really. But if you want something with a liiiitle more polish than go nab Portable 3rd HD instead, because it's pretty damn great as well I have yet to play a bad monster hunter game

Hey guys I think I’ve got my Zorah quest? The one where he’s in the everstream and you have to stop him? is this THE quest for Zorah? All I know is an user told me to let you guys know when I got the quest so some of you fags could hop on it with me.

You still doing it?

Im about to post it now.
Session ID is 3eRfQYJzBJKd

Hurry.

I actually like when the scoutflies have a meltdown, forces you to rely on your own knowledge of the area, hook a wyvern, generally get them to a fresh locale. I noticed the buggery increases when I use a horn effect, but they'll at least lead me to the closest of the target's track.

For what amounts to a total reboot in coding it's got between first and second monhun's numbers, where the artistry required is several degrees higher. I'd say judge it for its numbers when the updates and G-rank are done.

Also, /tg/ touched upon the subject briefly, what's the backstory? Is it post-apocalypse, or post-post apocalypse, or is the Saphire Star really Earth and this all takes place on Mars?
Peace Walker, and by extension Metal Gear, Policenauts, and Snatcher, are they the canon start?

Would anyone be interested in starting a petition to unfuck the gathering hall at the very least?

It takes place in an alternate universe. In ancient times (exact timescale is unknown, I'm guessing a few thousand years prior) there was a huge war, the Humans and Wyverians together against the dragons. Both sides were almost entirely wiped out, the vast majority of technological development was lost, then humanity and wyverians slowly rebuilt to where they are now. Most of the more advanced weapons and technology (eg dragonators, gunlances) are cheap knockoffs of the ancient technology. Either during the war, or sometime afterwards, a Fatalis caused a great cataclysm (something about splitting a continent in two) which is probably part of why its existence is a closely guarded secret by the guild. They're open about most elder dragons existing; they pretend Fatalis doesn't actually exist, and is just a fairytale, or a made up creature for children's storybooks. Many of the areas are the ruins of the ancient civilization, such as the Ruined Ridge, the various "Tower" maps, and the ruins Ceadeus is fought in. Almost everything beyond that is just fan theories and conjecture, though; there's a lot of autism around the series lore, mostly derived from ancient concept art books from back when the devs still had concepts of complex magic systems and even undead monsters, before settling on a much lower fantasy setting. You're an EDW, I'm an EDW, your cat's an EDW, Atoruraruka's an EDW, Gogmazios is an EDW, and His Immenseness is an EDW. There, I just saved you from reading through 90% of MH lore theories.

Are you sure? It sounded a lot like the ramblings of someone who only knows about MH through pure hearsay and no hands on experience whatsoever.

Investigations.

The first 3DS Monster Hunter game came with the second stick peripheral, and later models of the 3DS had the second stick built in. It was admittedly stupid to not have it in the first place, but it didn't hold MonHun back all that much.

MonHun has never had bad frame rates though with the possible exception of Gen/XX due to the stupid Hunting Arts.

The resolution never got in the way of seeing what you were doing or what needed to be seen though. That's a window dressing point at best.

As in the number of save files? From what I hear World is still at 3 save files, and considering CFW'd 3DSes can easily save multiple save files with a save manager I highly doubt hardware has anything to do with it.

How is that a problem? Again, just sounds like window dressing.

Not what I said, I said in 4U it was a really shitty system, which I don't think anyone disagrees with.

It added things the monsters weren't equipped to deal with and more options for the players to exploit against them.

Freedom Unite for content and the best representation of "classic" Monster Hunter, Portable 3rd for best village and some other small refinements.

Nigger you mean SMT is dead, not Persona, Persona is very well alive and kicking, SMT on the other hand has been taking a backseat because of how Persona, a spin off series of SMT, was so successful it has affected other SMT titles like SMT4:A.
Persona 1 and 2 are still arguably SMT games, 2 being the less of it but it was still a fantastic game. I can see your point but you're better off comparing it to the rest of the SMT series.

You do realize that the introduction of the separate zones was because they had to deal with the hardware limitations of the ps2, they just built the gameplay around these limitations so it ended up working well, not to mention how much portable MH games ruined stuff previously added, DOS introduced a ton of stuff and FU rejected all of it and became the standard of the series.

It's about the shitters and randumbs who don't know jack fucking shit about how to play. Are you seriously trying to tell me you've never, in all the time you've played MH, run into some retard who tried playing combo GS? Or who uses raw DBs and doesn't bring dash juice? Or never seen a GL user who does nothing of use and trips everyone with his shots? Have you never heard of 3rd gen's broken autoguard GL, or gen/XX's absurdly overpowered Striker Lance? Are you seriously saying you've never even seen a fucking burstspam CB? If you're trying to claim that shit doesn't happen, then I seriously doubt you've ever played online.

ah you got me there. Fair enough

I figure it's post-post-apocalypse after humans and wyverians have rebuilt.

Persona 1 I would actually say is less similar to mainline MegaTen simply because of the positioning system with the grid and attack ranges, which Persona 2 sadly dropped. Either way, I would still say Persona is very definitely dead, since all we're getting now is dating sims with the Persona moniker slapped on top.

Most of what I saw that Dos had that FU dropped was the seasonal system or things dependent on it, which while cool on paper, essentially just meant "you can't hunt this monster or gather this item now, go do some other things to kill time."

The way you write raises so many red flags, it's almost like you're one of those feminist girls with problem glasses that need to raise their tone on certain words because she thinks everyone around would never understand her otherwise.
The double lines between paragraphs doesn't help one bit either.
At the start i thought you were trying to send a secret message to someone, but the words doesn't make any sense together, so you're probably just a emasculated fag.

Ancient civ that is highly advanced start hunting dragons and wyverns for sport, elder dragons kick their shit in, remnants of humans and wyverians (and possibly lynians) band together to survive the onslaught, wyverians keep some blueprints and techniques from old civ that let them create the more advanced weapons (gunlance, both axes and bowguns), they create the hunters guild to carve a place for their little band in a world now filled with giant monsters, hundred years pass and the hunters guild helped the coalition create various footholds around the world, now it exists to be sure that shit between dragons and the coalition doesn't get worse and send them back to stone age again.
The games history are always "newbie hunter arrives in town, learn the ropes, and end up killing some force of nature people didn't even knew it existed or thought it was a god that was about to explode said town", world is the first one that actually seems to care about lore and all that shit.

I'm CAPITALIZING words to EMPHASIZE my feelings about the game. How MUCH more I like it than X/Generations. How frustrating it is that they implemented a gathering hallTHAT CAN HOLD 16 PEOPLE but they killed it by letting faggots post a quest online from anywhere.
The double lines are to separate my points
jesus christ how fucking autistic are you?
Kill yourself.

Not even high rank is saving this mess of a game

Everything is so fucking slow, monsters are slow, cut scenes are slow and mandatory, upgrading weapons is slow, fucking load times are slow. The town is too big and a instead of having a whole 4 maps they shoulda just fucking downsized them so there were more
Fuck all these awful hallways and huge ledges to climb

How so? They don't really feel slower than any of the previous games.

I'd rather one lengthy load than multiple minor ones, rather a map with cliffs to climb and caves to delve and canopies to explore than a two dimensional maze, rather occasionally get lost after getting wolloped off a ledge than always know exactly where I am.
Then again, bet it's weird to enjoy the ascent to Legiana's roost. Perhaps the game was built with a slightly different audience in mind.

I think Monster Hunter Frontier would be more up your alley and if that is still too slow for you then why are you playing grindy MH type games at all? And why are you mad about hallways and ledges even though they were in the previous games?
Also there are fast travel points in the town if you havent noticed yet.

Going up to legiana's/kirin's roost is such a surreal and wondrous feeling. That one heart pumping final trek to the climatic final battle on top of the world in order to finish the hunt once and for all is such a good feeling. I loved doing that everytime.

GEE YA THINK?

Maybe if Atlus start making good games like Nocturne, it wouldn't be as dead as it is. or release it on console instead of handheld

Bitch, you said "yes, but it's an evolution of the worst ideas in 4U, like verticality, randomly generated quests, and mounting." You are literally bitching about investigation which are very useful to the hunters. This is why you need stop spouting shit you don't know and spread lies. And verticality makes the map more realistic rather than flat plane, and it doesn't give you any more advantages since you can be trapped and cornered very easily compared to a flat plane where you can all the space you need to dodge and run.

How??
If anything, a lot of them are faster.

previous post deleted, refresh page

Update
New ID: 62FjtKT8GyTp

Saturday, 2:58pm Eastern time

Nigger come and give me an invite to the group
I'm garuda

What's better to put in the giving tree, mandragora and devil's blight, or something that produces lots and fast?

new thread
check catalog

They outright said in the very first interview after World's reveal that World was built specifically with people who hated Monster Hunter in mind.

But none of that is a lie. Those were the worst ideas in 4U, along with the story focus, which ALSO got an evolution in World.

Why the fuck would I care about realism? I want to play a video game, not marvel at "oh man this could totally happen in real life."

Except where it lets you easily escape by just jumping down.