SWAT thread

Okay what am I missing here? Do I actually have to beat the shit up of various civilians?

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/swat-elite-force
volafile.org/r/f8vk0tec
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Change the shotgun ammo to beanbag, cuff the suspect, report CORRECT status of suspect. Don't expect this game to be as unrealistic and easy as SWAT4, but do trust your teammates, they're a million times better than SWAT4's.

Skip that game and play 4. SWAT 3 aged like milk.

What should I expect? I got it to play with a friend but he dropped the ball. Yes, I know I shouldn't buy games to play with people. I'm retarded. Is there a way to do nonlethal playthroughs or is it stealth-like/shooting?

And the civilian?

Nonlethal is not only the only way to get the best score in SWAT4, it's also got the MGS problem in that it's easier than playing the 'normal' way. IRL the pepper gun is gone from arsenals because it's fucking garbage, in SWAT4 it's a win button. SWAT4 is the only SWAT game not endorsed by the LAPD SWAT for a reason. It's fun, but it's absolutely babbies first TFPS.

Cuff and report correct status. Everyone is a suspect; what looks like a frail woman could easily be a criminal with a gun, SOP is to subdue, cuff and detain everyone, if you don't you'll end up with a bullet in your back.

Are SWAT 1+2 worth playing?

Canada tactics works on SWAT4 though :^)

Never forget Canada mode.

SWAT2 is curious in that it couldn't be made post 9/11, since it has a criminal campaign where you plan out terrorist attacks and such.

we should do it again sometime

You sold me.

huh

Oh I remember playing Police Quest 1 (the remake) on ScummVM years ago.

LUCY THIS IS THE POLICE! WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU!

that's fucking awesome but at the same time i am worried i might actually feel bad committing terrorism in the US even virtually

i respect that user. g*d bless the usa

It's different in a game like GTA where everyone comically overreacts in a South Park esque fashion (not to mention they are frequently annoying in their own right, namely while driving) but I frequently have difficulty watching innocent people suffer as a result of my actions even in fictional media.

Just pretend you're CIA

if you have to be the bad guy then saturday morning cartoon villain is the best way to do it.

What if I want to be a big guy?

Work retail. Any sympathy you have for other human beings will be erased by the end of the week.

I feel the same way, user. My characters always end up angels because I don't want to hurt anybody who isn't hostile to me or my friends. It seems most videogame karma systems are simplistic enough that you can achieve sainthood just by not striking first.

You are a fucking faggot, this world is crawling with degenerates.

Yeah, 3d, can't blame an user for not wanting to hurt innocent and pure 2d.

Hire masketta men

I have mixed feelings about Swat 3. I remember playing it long ago because of a recommendation from a friend, and while I appreciated what it tried to do I just didn't have that good of a time with it, and for some reason lately I've been remembering it in a rather fond way and I'm starting to want a replay. It feels like Tomacco.

Problem with a lot of old games they were fun at the time but they aged like milk, mainly cause they tend to be very clunky to play.
One thing I remember the AI doing in SWAT3 was sometimes dancing around retardedly for no apparent reason that would often get in your way.

I seem to remember the AI not being very smart and mostly just standing still or being awkward like that, but man, it must have been what? Probably more than 10 years since my playthrough, what do I know.

>mfw I just checked its release date and it'll turn 20 years old next year.

Anyway, I don't think my issue was with how the game aged. I liked what it tried to do and how detailed it felt, but I guess I just wasn't very into its gameplay. The funny thing is that after SWAT 3 I tried SWAT 4, and it felt more streamlined which should have made it more fun to play for me (never thought I'd say something like that about a game) but some things of it peeved me off badly and I stopped playing after the first mission I think.

I'm more patient these days so maybe I would enjoy SWAT 3 more now.

What are you, a games journalist?

I agree, and I find it easier to do in fantasy settings. I guess you could say I am more prone to the direct imagery and sounds, etc. But I like exploring evil or corrupt character narratives.

Now I'm REALLY sold. 's advice is all the more poignant.

Isn't "five eyes" the name of the anglosphere spying alliance between thte UK, USA, leafs and upsidedown islands?

You'd be right about that user.

Still waiting for that swatting custom map.

it's up to eleven eyes now

But I like cheese.

That's actually the problem I have with most RPGs and especially disappointing in KOTOR.
You are never forced in a situation where you do bad thinking you're doing good or trying to rationalize it even though it's evil. Instead you can be Jesus, Stalin, or do nothing.

I got your cheese right here boii

I thought this game was realistic?

What the fuck happened?

niggers are well known for their poor hygiene.

That dick isn’t even black

I had SWAT3 as a kid. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I think I just shot everyone on sight including my own team. I don't think I ever completed a mission but I liked playing around with the equipment.

So far I like SWAT 3's AI, I tell them to go left or right they do exactly that. I figure there is an important difference in how 3 and 4 build their maps to make SWAT 4's AI retarded.

You don't have to be black to be a nigger

Is there even any tangible difference between SWAT models?

No really the SWAT 3 models are all basically the same, is there even a difference in eye color?

I've missed out on playing SWAT3 properly so far, the controls suck total ass.
Played SWAT4 plenty though. If you want SWAT 4 the way it was meant to be with fixed AI, more equipment options and more weapon types I suggest everyone check out the SWAT: Elite Force mod. The mod doesn't get enough attention but it's in many ways SWAT 4 that's been fixed, the best improvement being AI and scoring fixes such as if the AI aims at you, you are allowed to fire and won't get unauthorized use of force, the AI also gets demoralized if you shoot them and a shotgun is a far more powerful tool since if you aim at limbs you can just shoot to injure and tell them to get down, you can also open doors with normal shotgun ammo, but it might ricochet and isn't as reliable.

That your perfect run can be destroyed in less than a second when a perp with an AK47 walks through the door behind you and guns your entire team down.

Just have fast enough reactions and shoot first with beanbag. There's essentially no way to lose playing this way.

Make sure to yell at absolutely everyone, and CS bang them.

GET DOWN ON THE GROUND

Get down or I'll put you down.

LEAVE ME ALONE!!!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

If it wasn't a bitch to do we should play SWAT3 sometime. Also wish SWAT4 had funmods like that

That was great.
Proof that dakka solves any problem.

Is there any way to interact with guns to secure them in SWAT 3?

Exact same way as in SWAT4, use key on them.

SWAT 4 was pretty easy to host for, if 3 uses the same method it could be done.

Oh ye of little faith.

Thanks.

Alright I got the hang of this.

That seems really odd to emphasize all those qualities and not, you know, the explosives.

Hostage Rescue Mission

This game doesn't fuck around.

I fucked up, badly.
What did I do wrong?

I love these tactical FPS games.
Sad they aren't being made anymore.

Ready or Not might be cool, but there's not enough information yet.

What, don't you like "generic goofy future third person shooter" Ghost Recon, "Moba hero shooter" Rainbow Six Siege, and "doesn't exist" SWAT? How about wildly successful Takedown: Red Sabre the game nobody played?

I like how in interviews Bethesda talk about how what you're describing as a problem as a selling point for their games

hear fuckin' hear

Is elite force worth reinstalling swat 4? I beat the vanilla game several times but its kinda boring now.
moddb.com/mods/swat-elite-force

All we know is a dev shitposts here.

I'd really like some advice in dealing with body armor, the rubber bullets with the shotgun isn't working.

I fucking suck balls.

I have SWAT 4 if you want it.

And this one was recompiled after the trojan was removed so I guarantee it's safe.

that would be awesome fam

I'll let your fam quip slide, this time. It'll be ready in an hour.

thanks my dude
i'm always pretty concerned about getting a virus from .exes, especially these new magnets of old games that arent gog or something

Nevermind it's going to take longer then that.

nice nickname fairy boy

So trailers

You realize SWAT 4 has a GOG release, right?

Here you are good sir, all 677MB worth of police manuals you asked for.
volafile.org/r/f8vk0tec

Even GOG .exe files could have a virus or be modified so it's not entirely safe to be care free about GOG stuff too.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes

If you download it from GOG it's pretty safe

It is, 100%
It's a seriously good mod and completely transforms the game into a much more cohesive, less buggy and more consistent experience. The AI is much more realistic now and cant spin 180 and headshot you if you scream at them from their backs, flashbangs are far more powerful, shooting someone at the leg with a real gun is another way to be non lethal since that scares them now, and the best change is that if the AI aims at you, you have a right to kill.

I highly recommend elite force, it is so good, the next patch is going to be amazing.

Man that was intense I've only played 5 maps already and I'm really getting into this. Now if only I wasn't denied the allowance to report suspects as not being down when they're dead.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?

So SWAT this weekend?

why?

Sorry user but those are not options for SWAT in the US, I could've brought live ammunition but my guys are trigger happy. As for any online matches my connection is pretty shit so I'd slow everyone down otherwise I'd be on those gamenights like flies to honey.

Just wondering, I've had the GOG and CD version of SWAT2 for ages now and neither version work. I try and boot up the game and it just crashes on start up. Only thing I could find was that I had to reinstall some sound drivers and convert movie files to get the game to run (????????????????) because they aren't supported by Windows anymore.

Similar thing happens with SWAT 3 although it's been a while since I tried that out.

This shit worked on Vista but not W7

That doesn't make any sense Windows 7 is just a prettied up Vista.

Would you like to explain that to Microsoft for me? It's literally what GOG suggests in order to fix this shit.

Swat with Holla Forums was fun.

It was indeed.

Okay sorry if I haven't been updating but soon I will be getting myself blown up.

And here I was thinking I was hot shit for doing so well on the hostage rescue of Dimitri's church. I was wrong, nobody actually fired an RPG at me though.

Is the AI more difficult on elite or does it only affect the rating needed to pass?

>Not offering yourself as an able meatshield body of the Imperium
You disgust me!

Shamefur display.

There was no difficulty option, at least not on the version I'm playing you start a career or play a custom map. The AI shoots you as soon as it sees you and their reaction speed is very fast I'd go so far as to say bot like but I could be a complete plebe in reaction time.

Did I just get two bad downloads? I used that megapack torrent from the share thread.

Mine works? And I use Winblows 7.

I'm enjoying elite force even though the team AI is still dumb as fuck.
Classic command window is superior to the modern one btw.

anyone up for elite force MP?

Very late however, yes defintly. Co-op is what I vastly perfer though. Hopefully my install is truely up to snuff as it apparently is but refused to work right when testing hosts via the anti GR patch.

TRAILERS

I keep thinking people mean picrelated.

Reuploaded both my SWATS (3 and 4) to the vola yesterday, just ctrl+f vola in this thread for it, sorry for lack of updates but I can't divide my attention between multiple different games. This and Deliverance is competing for my attention.

Can you promise me that your swat3 download includes at least 3 bitcoin miners?
Won't download unless you confirm.

We never got that trailerpark mission made.

You've probably got the same shit as me, haven't found a way to fix it yet.

All I can confirm is it's an older version of the GOG installer, my PC doesn't suddenly have the fans blowing all the time unless I'm deliberately increasing my PC's load so maybe not? Why don't you just use a sandbox?

Hardest mission?
Favorite mission?
Least favorite mission?

This one took quite a bit of work to get done especially with SEF

bump

So whatever happened to Ready or Not?

Okay I managed to pry myself from KCD and decided to finish this mission, until GOG installer release anyways. Okay so RPG mission, that has thwarted my progress it begins.

Maybe I should be the one to throw the grenade in that fucking entrenched location then have them bang and clear out of the pipe.

5th attempt
Ok, what in the fuck why do they go up the stairs when i tell them to clear that last RPG?

7th-8th attempt.

Curious on this too,i'd like to get into some tactical action but swat rainbow six siege looks like it's been infected with stupidity

The devs are active on
According to an interview, they plan to release the game around November.

Perhaps we could get one of them in here for a Q&A thread?

Weird, I don't remember having too many problems with this mission. There's a very similar mission later in the game set in sewers that is a hair pulling nightmare though.

Did you really lose all other good operators?

That'd be fucking awesome,is there any way to contact them for such a thing?

That color scheme reminds me of the riot cops here.
The vehicles don't match though.

Well one set of stairs is glitched and only I could overcome it by the tried and true method of pushing every button. For some reason the AI really, really loves to interpret "clear" orders as "go and fuck those guys who just shot us up in that room I'm not even looking at" if they already engaged suspects before but retreated with me, and when given a search or move and clear order in one of the RPG areas they will go all the way up the stairs to the large door then proceed to ????? and that leaves them open to getting shot really fast. They also love throwing flashbangs and gas grenades just before the stairs and not down the stairs so half-all my guys got taken out that way.
The other half is they they insist on treating a fence as an impenetrable barrier at the very entrance of the stairs going down so they just stand their and not fucking move down to the bottom of the pipes where they actually have a chance to survive.

But I've figured out what to do now it's just a matter of timing and overcoming my shit reflexes.

I finally completed the mission my Niggas.
And with that i am done for today, for now.

Whelp, that's all i got right now.

haven't played in a while but im pretty sure you need to report to TAC that you found the civilians after you've handcuffed em

That was easy, the hardest part was figuring out where the door was in the ceiling.

1st attempt
Sorry, I'll try again later.

2nd attempt
It's gonna be another one of those levels isn't it? Any pointers on how to deal with this room cause I have a feeling bugs and glitches are going to give me a headache.

3rd attempt

Who cares what the LAPD SWAT say? Buncha fags consumin soy n shit.

I'd never touch a game of SWAT 3 with you faggots. Been too long since exodus to se anyone to apply themselves. Whover the board.

It's getting mighty close. Janitors are becoming even more no-fun-allowed. Rather start a SWAT general on Holla Forums at this point.

4trh attempt
one officer down in the shootout
That went pretty well all things considered.

What are you doing? This isn't L.A. Noire.
FLASH AND GAS
Beanbag any motherfucker in the way. Cuff and check every closet. Stop playing like a millenial with a youtube account and roll properly.

You make it sound like it's safe to stand in front of the door when you open it, or that some areas are bugged and the AI prefers to shoot the walls or do nothing. Plus the flashbang range is shit.

not even spetsnaz would consider leveling a church, especially with the Patriarch of Moscow in it
t. orthodox

You made it sound like a janitor said it.

How about you all get out of the way.

Do you have schizophrenia or something m8?

It's a bot.

Drug Bust? First Attempt I really wish these maps had names plastered on the initial briefing. note the guy whose died hair looks like he's wearing a cabbage on his head. The other 3 suspects is a balding fat guy, some dude on roids, and a blonde bimbo.

1st attempt

russian president hostage rescue
1st attempt

2nd attempt

Attached: SWAT 3 Note the Background.png (800x600, 209.15K)

3rd attempt

Attached: SWAT 3 President Hostage Dead.png (800x600, 296.62K)

Attached: 9ff44baed2fe7ae726fb372edb73d64faae6429fba0af39ffc13913e4044eca6.jpg (486x468, 45.91K)